Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+2
Nightfall
Silverishness
6 posters

The LACUNOSA Team

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

The LACUNOSA Team - Page 3 Empty Re: The LACUNOSA Team

Post by Min Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:47 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Lacunosa Town| |Late Afternoon

"We were followed..." That statement was enough to make the Deino bristle baring her fangs and tossing her head from side to side in a attempt to figure out which direction the newcomer was. She could hear footsteps bolting away, probably the douche Flareon. Soon, much heavier footsteps went, probably the Arcanine, and even Dylan. Not wanting to stay near the damn mutt and his 'sister', Des shuffled towards the sound of the Breloom's feet.

The dark-type felt power, a strong one flowing in the air. "No need to hide. Come out! We won't hurt you!" She looks up to where she thinks Dylan's face is. "Who's the new guy? They seem strong," she mumbled, even more uneasy now at the potential threat. If this creature was as strong as it's aura radiated, they may have a problem. The Deino shifted uncomfortably, sniffing for a familiar scent. "It's not dangerous... Right?"
    Victini
    Victini
    Legendary
    Legendary

Post by Victini Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:23 pm

Lacunosa Town/Late Afternoon (19)

Oh no! Victini clung to her ears in desperation. The Flareon had been the first to detect her, and then practically all of the others had followed suit. Preparing herself for an onslaught of attacks - hiding in the shadows wasn't exactly a good first impression - Victini emerged from behind the building and levitated herself several further feet off the ground, out of their reach. But the group stopped just short of her, and if anything the expressions of most of them seemed to be that of awe.

"Who...who are you?" the Flareon asked. Victini slowly floated out from the shadows and was about to say something when the strange-looking Grass-type piped up. "Are you ... all right there?" "Y-Yes, I--" "No need to hide. Come out! We won't hurt you!" Something about his cheerful, welcoming tone made her feel better all of a sudden. While it was true that the surly-looking Mightyena was glaring at her from a distance, all of the others looked more than hospitable, if a little wary. The Deino even commented that she seemed strong. Victini wondered if they all felt that way.

"Well, I..." Now in full view to them all, Victini flashed a nervous smile. The first group of living Pokemon that she had ever found were right in front of her. Not all is lost! Spurred on by this uplifting thought, she floated a little higher into the air and regarded them all amicably. "I'm sorry for hiding. It was a silly thing to do. I was just worried that you'd mistake me for the enemy. You can't be too careful in a world like this, can you?" Realising that she was rambling - something that she always did when she was excited - she cleared her throat. "Sorry, I'm talking too much. Let me introduce myself. My name is Victini. I..." She paused, deciding whether or not it would be wise to say who she really was. Eventually concluding that little harm would come of it, she continued. "I am one of the Legendary Pokemon of Unova."

The Victory Pokemon

Profile Admin & Team Sheet Manager
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:51 am

Post 10

Lacunosa Town| Afternoon

Atticus was stunned in silence as the stranger finally emerged, revealing itself to be a cream and orange feline of some sort, floating in the air by some unseen power. He could admit he'd never seen such a pokemon before, and regarded her with wide but kind eyes. Just what had their group stumbled upon? "I'm sorry for hiding. It was a silly thing to do. I was just worried that you'd mistake me for the enemy. You can't be too careful in a world like this, can you?" The pixie's voice was that of a friendly creature, apologizing for her earlier behavior, even if it was completely understandable. "Sorry, I'm talking too much. Let me introduce myself. My name is Victini. I..." The creature then paused, and Atticus could only tell it was out of hesitation. What was she struggling to say? "I am one of the Legendary Pokemon of Unova."

...Oh.

While usually, such a claim would be met with skepticism and caution, the older arcanine found himself nearly bubbling with happiness, a newfound spring of energy filling him as he hadn't felt since his prime. Was this because of this Victini? Doubt was cast from his mind-- surely she didn't lie. No normal pokemon would be like this. Taken aback that such a creature had come before them, the arcanine stood in complete and utter shock. A Legendary? He had questioned their existance and now, here was one right before their eyes! A grin broke out on his face, his heart alight at the thought that they had such an ally. "Well, greetings, Victini!" he called, tail wagging slowly with his excitement. "Don't apologize; any of us would have done just the same. Though, if I may, what are you doing here?"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:52 pm

Lacunosa Town/Afternoon (9)

Dylan's curiosity about the new Pokemon's incredible aura of power was soon satisfied in a way that he had never imagined."My name is Victini. I..." She paused, obviously finding something difficult to say. The Breloom nodded encouragement to her and waited patiently. "I am one of the Legendary Pokemon of Unova."

"Oh my goodness!" Dylan felt weak at the knees with excitement. A legendary Pokemon ... right here ... right in front of them ... for real. The young Grass-type could barely believe what was happening to him. It was almost like a dream. This tail flicking madly from side to side as he almost hopped towards Victini, never taking his eyes off her as he examined her every feature. She was so small ... he had envisioned most legendary Pokemon to be huge and fearsome, but Victini was barely much bigger than a Pikachu and yet she still managed to fulfill his expectations.

"Oh, oh! My goodness. Miss Victini, it truly is an honour to meet you," he beamed, lowering his head into a low bow. "I-I've never met a legend before, and neither did I think I ever would! This is so magical!" He looked just about ready to shoot off into the air at any moment as he heard Atticus's question to Victini and eagerly awaited her reply.

Just think of what Mother and the others will think of this!
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:38 am

Lacunosa Town || Late Afternoon [10]

Sweeney was given some momentary comfort in Lovett’s quick jibe, a small smile briefly crossing his disfigured face, disappearing as he overheard the musings of the others. Clearly he wasn’t the only creature to have sensed the power radiating off the stranger, the fact unnerving him to no-end at the thought of an enemy he hadn’t the capacity to defeat. Shuffling backwards, tail lashing dangerously as the quieted growls rolled out through pure instinct, Sweeney only silenced when the newcomer spoke.

"My name is Victini. I... I am one of the Legendary Pokemon of Unova."

The creature spoke in a soft, kindly voice, Sweeney taking an immediate dislike to the lofty tone as it first apologised and then introduced itself. Whilst his posture still boasted his famous aggression, it was more out of a confused fear rather than genuine hate.
    “What’s a Legendary?” He muttered aloud, frowning as his crimson eyes scanned the stranger, Victini. He knew no such meaning of the word, entirely clueless to the existence of an entire collection of creatures considered gods within the pokémon world – nor that he had the privilege to look upon one.

"Well, greetings, Victini! Don't apologize; any of us would have done just the same. Though, if I may, what are you doing here?”

Whatever a Legendary was, the rest of the group gave him reason to think it was good. The Arcanine’s reaction was an enthusiastic welcome, only outmatched by Dylan’s own gushing over the strange being. Sweeney’s nostrils flared, straightening up as a complete bewilderment took the reins of his emotional capacity. Although uneasy, part of him still fearing the oddities of the outside world, the Mightyena looked substantially less intense – almost endearing in his complete bafflement.
    “Lovett,” He spoke quietly, dark eyes still lingering on Victini. “What is it? Wi-Will it hurt us?” The hidden innocence of the canine was revealed in those two questions, his voice sapped of its usual malice and instead tinged with childlike curiosity. Unfortunately, he received no answer. Tearing his gaze away, his attention soon fell to the place where Lovett was meant to be.

“Lovett?”

Frowning, though more out of confusion that anger, Sweeney feverishly scanned the immediate area for the glimpse of the Ninetales, his breathing growing strangely erratic. Making no effort to disguise the irrational panic that the loss of the only creature that had been able to quench his fury had triggered, the dark-type shuffled around on the spot, peering around buildings for glimpse of that silvery pelt.
    “Lovett?” He repeated again, louder as he stalked around, oblivious to the fact he’d begun pacing. Where did she go?! Unable to explain the sudden fear that had gripped his heart; the canine looked akin to a lost child – albeit a dangerous child on the verge of snapping.

His thoughts swimming with the image of Lovett merging with the memory of his dear Lucy, Sweeney was struggling to uphold his demeanour. She had given him hope, given him comfort, even saved him – her disappearance created havoc within his fragile mind. The youth was left snarling to himself as he furiously paced a distance from the gathering, trying to piece together the sudden change of events, his safety within the group and what actions were necessary to ensure his survival.
    Victini
    Victini
    Legendary
    Legendary

Post by Victini Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:10 pm

Lacunosa Town/Late Afternoon (20)

The first few moments after her introduction were spent in silence. Victini twiddled her fingers nervously, waiting for just one of them to speak, to blink or to even breathe. The air around them was tense and she wasn't liking it, but the Arcanine was the first to break the atmosphere with a friendly greeting and a kind smile. "Don't apologize; any of us would have done just the same," he said, his fluffy tail starting to wag from side to side. Victini nodded her head slightly and blushed, finally convinced that she hadn't just made a fool out of herself. "Though, if I may, what are you doing here?"

She was about to reply when the Breloom's shock finally seemed to turn into ecstatic excitement. "Oh, oh! My goodness. Miss Victini, it truly is an honour to meet you." The Grass-type lowered his oddly-shaped head into an awkward ... bow? Victini's face was practically on fire as she watched him, her cheeks blushing a fierce pink. Was she really that revered to Pokemon like these? Had they already known who she was or was her existence completely new to them? Did she even deserve to be treated with such reverence after what had happened in Kanto...?

"Y-You don't have to do that," she said to the Breloom, barely hiding her embarrassment beneath a shaky smile. The Mightyena had wandered off and seemed to be looking for the Ninetails that had disappeared without her noticing. Victini bit her finger nervously; had it been because of her? She decided that it would be most polite to answer the Arcanine's question before addressing the rather agitated Dark-type, and she turned her brilliant azure gaze to the orange wolf-like Pokemon.

"I ... I was away from Unova for a while, but I've come back to try and protect it. It is my home, after all." She decided that it would be better to keep everything that had happened in Kanto a secret for the time being. After all, she barely even knew these Pokemon - what if word of their plan got around and was sabotaged before it had even begun? If she ever met Cobalion, Celebi or any of the others again after that, she knew that she'd never be able to explain herself adequately. "But first," she continued, "I want to travel the region a little bit. I need to see how much damage has been done before I do anything. But ... if you like I can stick around here for a little while?" She looked at them all in turn, her round eyes wide and hopeful that she would be accepted. Knowing that she held more power inside her than any of these Pokemon put together was a little unnerving even for her; she didn't know what they could possibly be thinking of her. "I mean, if you want me to ... I won't get in the way or anything, and I'll help as best I can!" She floated a few feet above them, waiting eagerly for their replies and occasionally glancing behind them at the pacing Mightyena. I don't want to stay here if one of them is afraid of me ... I'll have to try and fix that.

The Victory Pokemon

Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:11 pm

Lacunosa Town|Late Afternoon
    (10)

Bonfire eyed the confirmed Legend carefully, not sure whether to trust the small rabbit-like creature. Just because the small fire pixie was a creature of myth and magic didn't mean it didn't have a darker side. No Legend was untainted. He had met some on his journey's with his Gym Leader and while most Legends told of great feats of heroism or of saving the world, there were some that held great fear among even the humans that retold the stories. 'Which one would she be?' he wondered silently to himself.

The others seemed to give quite odd reactions to the knowledge of who they stood before, The Hound of Fluffyville and The Shroom going so far as to practically swear fealty to the thing. Quite frankly it was a little embarrassing. "Come on guys, it's just a Legend. It isn't like Arceus stepped down in front of you. Sheesh." Shaking his head the petite Flareon turned to this Victini and gave her a broad smile. "Don't mind them, they don't get out much. What's a cute little bunny like you doing all alone, anyway? Legend or no the world is kind of in a crisis, you know."

He listened as she told of leaving her home and coming back to defend it, but as she spoke his smile started to falter. She spoke of damage further than just where he had holed himself up and wondered just what else was out there that he hadn't had to deal with yet. "But ... if you like I can stick around here for a little while?" At the interesting prospect Bonfire immediately lit up. "I wouldn't dream of letting you wander around alone. Please, come inside where we can all get something to eat and rest up. We can talk more once it is safe."

Psycho Mutt looked a little confused that Crazy Bitch was missing, but it was his choice if he wanted to stay or not. Heading back to the house he opened the door once more and swept a paw to the side in a dramatic fashion. "Enter, please, and make yourselves comfortable. I will dig out my supplies for us once everyone is settled." He looked over to Sweeney and gave him a wink. "I'm sure Stranger Danger will come back once she's hungry. Come on in." 'I really hope you know what you're doing Bonfire old boy...'
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:21 pm

Post 11

Lacunosa Town| Late Afternoon

Atticus was genuinely surprised by Bonfire's etiquitte, inviting Victini indoors as he led the way back in. 'What a surprisingly good host.' Atticus began to follow, when something seemed to be missing. Looking back, he soon discovered the lavender ninetales vanished, leaving her "brother" to his own devices. It seemed Bonfire noticed as well, reassurring the scraggly hound that she would be back. While the two didn't seem too fond of him, Atticus looked out through the town, hoping the flareon's words were true. Still, the sun was beginning to dip, the shadows waxing. The day was beginning its end, and they needed to get somewhere safe.

Atticus stepped in, placing himself in a far corner to make room for the others, careful of his enormous size. Bonfire spoke of getting his supplies, and once again, Atticus was shocked. Such an imp was not usually willing to share, but it simply showed that he could never judge a person in so little time. They always had a way of surprising him.

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:17 pm

Lacunosa Town/Late Afternoon (10)

When Victini timidly asked if she could accompany them for a while, Dylan literally jumped off the ground in excitement. Not only had he met a legendary Pokemon, but she was now offering to travel with them! The Breloom's eyes lit up at the prospects that this could bring to their odd little group. Just think - with a Pokemon like Victini on our side, the undead won't stand a chance! We'll be invincible! "Of course you can come with us, Victini. We would be more than happy to have you in our presence. Oh, excuse me - my name is Dylan," he added, starting to lower his head into another bow but quickly straightening himself when he remembered that he had embarrassed the little legend beforehand.

He quirked his eyebrow a little when Bonfire invited Victini to shelter with them for a while in a most hospitable fashion. Clearly he was just as awed by the small legend as the rest of them were, and didn't want to waste the opportunity to have her company and protection for a while. Nodding obediently and calling Victini to follow them, he stepped over the threshold and settled down near to Atticus, wrapping his tail around his legs and starting to hum contently.
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:05 am

Lacunosa Town || Late Afternoon [11]

Bluntly, Sweeney didn’t give two shits about what this fancy ‘legend’ creature was doing in the town. He couldn’t understand the group’s sudden, awed interest in the newcomer or why he was expected to be bowing, practically worshipping the small, imp-like being. Through his pacing, eyes scanning desperately for glimpse of lavender fur, the Mightyena’s gut instinct told him Lovett was gone. It didn’t surprise him really. The world was cruel; unbearably so. You couldn’t trust anyone, they would only stab you in the back later.

"I'm sure Stranger Danger will come back once she's hungry. Come on in."

Sweeney snapped his head around at the smug voice he had quickly learnt to despise. Staring at the fire-fox, nose scrunched in distaste as the creature motioned to the house in which the remainder of the group were trickling into, the canine hesitated. A small enclosed space constructed by humans? Fat fucking chance! Fur bristling, a combination of intense anger and fear contorting his aged features, it was hard to believe Sweeney was just a youth. But the group were leaving, dispersing into the room to leave the brooding dark-type alone. The familiarity was nice, the tense silence. But instincts told him he couldn’t’ just stand here. Maybe the Ninetales would come back. He told himself he didn’t want to her to, loathed the idea, but the piece of his heart housing the memory of Lucy campaigned otherwise.

With a half-growl half-whine, Sweeney stalked forward, hesitantly peering around the door once everyone else had entered. He hovered at the entrance a moment, dark eyes scanning the vicinity for any signs of danger, indication of a trap. Finding nothing of concern, only the survivors making themselves comfortable in the humble abode, Sweeney shuffled into the room. Staying close to the door, his attention constantly volleyed between the escape the streets provided and his jovial company.
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:07 pm

She didn't quite expect the newcomer to be a true legendary.

Stricken with immense awe for the god, the young Deino struggled to find any words to say. "Holy fuck is this my lucky day...?" she managed to whisper, before catching the voice of the mutt. “Lovett?” The familiar scent of the Ninetales seemed to have vanished, which only made the little dragon snicker in amusement. "Serves the asshole right," she sneered, before following the sounds of the group back to Bonfire's shelter.

Stumbling into the home, the dark-type sniffed around, before finding the scent of Dylan and sitting down near him. The Deino's whole body was trembling, not from fear but from excitement, feet pawing anxiously at the ground as she felt the great power of the legendary near them. [i]'Oh holy shit I actually get to meet a motherfucking legendary!' Des found her throat dry and mind complicated, wondering what to say or what to ask, ecstatic at the very thought that a god was with them.
    Victini
    Victini
    Legendary
    Legendary

Post by Victini Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:57 pm

Lacunosa Town/Late Afternoon (21)

The Flareon invited her inside with the utmost courtesy and Victini smiled shyly and stood back a little to allow everyone else to enter the house before following suit. The Breloom had introduced himself as Dylan after confirming that he was more than happy to let her go with them. Victini nodded timidly to the Grass-type before floating after him and entering the small settlement.

The living room was rather small but still relatively well-furnished and in a decent condition. She settled herself down on the edge of the sofa, looking at all of her new companions in turn. They were just ordinary Pokemon; nothing special or extraordinary about them ... as far as she could tell, of course. Potential lies within. She tried hard not to make herself feel out of place as she quietly cleared her throat and smiled at them all shyly.

"S-So, erm..." She paused for a moment, trying to spark a conversation that wouldn't look like she was trying too hard. "So how did you guys get to be here? W-What I mean is, are you the only survivors? I mean, you're the first group of living Pokemon that I have seen thus far. That's something really special, really important! It means that not all is lost!" She decided that she was starting to get a little too excited; the way that she was slowly rising up from the sofa made that all too obvious. She dropped down again and scratched her chest fur awkwardly. "S-Sorry. It's just that I never expected any ... any Pokemon who don't possess the power of the legendaries to be left. N-No offense, I'm not saying that you're not capable or anything..."

(Yeah I talk a lot. X3)

The Victory Pokemon

Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:21 am

(11)

Bonfire just could not get over how freaking star struck everyone was. The hell was the matter with them? Had none of them ever seen a Legend before? He shook his head and sighed in exasperation as the last person made it into his humble abode before pulling the door behind him. Using a bit of metal he wedged it in the door to keep it closed and made his way into the living space where they all seemed to have gathered. "So...anyone hungry?"

With a broad smile Bonfire made his way into the kitchen and soon the creaking of cabinets and the rustling clatter of kitchenware was heard. If anyone had looked inside they would have seen the small fox using much of the counter equipment as stools to reach into the taller cabinets to get to some of his stash. His mouth closed around a large rectangular box and he fell backwards off of his perch, landing with a thud on the counter and sending a blender crashing to the ground. "Oopsh," he muffled through the cardboard in his mouth, hopping down to bring it into the room.

"Here ya go," he said, dropping the offered package onto the ground. "There's Pokeblocks inside so help yourself. I am gonna go back and get some fish out of the cold storage. I'm sure the canids like us and our dragon will appreciate the protein." Smirking he trotted off happily back into the kitchen to fetch the offered meat, and once again a clatter could be heard. Couldn't reach the handle without making a pile, after all. If only he could be just a little bit taller..."Damn it!" The Flareon wound up crashing to the ground again when he pulled the handle, only to have to door close on him again. "Fluffy Bu--I mean Atticus!" he called. "Can you come here a minute?" He hated asking for help but damn it, he was hungry!
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:07 pm

Post 12

"So how did you guys get to be here? W-What I mean is, are you the only survivors? I mean, you're the first group of living Pokemon that I have seen thus far. That's something really special, really important! It means that not all is lost!" Atticus smiled amiably, his experiences with such different pokemon giving him an insight to just how shy of a creature this Legend must be. He didn't really blame her; every pokemon trainer wanted the power of a Legend on their side. He would make himself scarce as well. "S-Sorry. It's just that I never expected any ... any Pokemon who don't possess the power of the legendaries to be left. N-No offense, I'm not saying that you're not capable or anything..."

"None taken, Victini," Atticus replied, his voice nearly like honey. Genuinely friendly smile etched onto his older face, he chuckled lightly, wanting to ease her nerves. "There's no reason for such anxiety, Miss. As far as I've seen, these are the only other survivors I've seen. But the world is a large place, and I'm fairly sure others have made it like we have."

Instead of answering the Legend, Bonfire decided then was a good time to dispense snacks-- again, like a good host. Despite his impish nature, the little flareon seemed to be just as hospitable as himself. Atticus gave another light chuckle at his observation; another bit of proof that there was always some bit of good in everyone. After a bit of alarming noise, he returned with a box full of Pokeblocks-- treats Atticus hadn't seen in years. Ears perking at the offering, he sniffed the food, oblivious to the other words from the flareon. He hadn't realized just how hungry he was until food was in front of him...

He only snapped out of it when his name was called, summoning the arcanine into the kitchen, curious. "...Yes?"

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:29 pm

Lacunosa Town/Late Afternoon (11)

When Victini sat herself down and started to make up conversation, Dylan found himself listening intensely. What she spoke of was the fact that, even though the world was practically in pieces, there were still Pokemon out there - ordinary Pokemon like himself - who could get through it. "That's something really special, really important! It means that not all is lost!"

"Oh, I definitely agree," the Breloom beamed, tapping his tail slightly on the ground in excitement. "I honestly do think that we should look at whatever good is still left in this world. Even though there isn't much, it's still good enough to reason to believe that there is some hope after all." Just meeting the small legend had been enough, but now listening to her inspiring words and admiring her innocent yet powerful wisdom was making Dylan feel more excited and elated than he had been in a long time.

He continued to softly bump his tail on the carpeted floor rhythmically until Bonfire trotted in carrying a small package and said that it contained Pokeblocks. "Pokeblocks? What are they?" Dylan asked as he stood up and took a slow step towards the bag. "Is it ... food made by humans?" He had always opted to eat only organic, natural food instead of the artificial food that humans blended for Pokemon, but as he took a peek inside the bag and saw the small, cube-shaped, colourful sweets, he had to agree that they looked delicious. And he was hungry.

Scooping up a red one between his fingers, he cautiously sniffed it for a moment before popping it into his mouth. "Hm ... Hmmmmm!" Licking his lips with delight, he swallowed and then picked out another Pokeblock, this time a yellow one. "These are good! Come and have one Sweeney, Des, Victini!"
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:19 am

Lacunosa Town || Late Afternoon [12]

As this ‘Legendary’ thing spoke on, asking in hesitant questions of their identity as survivors, Sweeney only grew more annoyed. What the hell was she on about?! Survivors? Living Pokemon? Sweeney, confined to a basement for his life, was clueless to the epidemic gripping the land. Of course, he knew of the undead. Those decaying, rotting beasts thrived off blood, but he thought them a regular occurrence. They were simply an oddity in the world, powerful opponents he had to kill, in a world of dwindling population. Frowning, the bombardment of inner questions leaving him with an expression of pure bewilderment.

"There's no reason for such anxiety, Miss. As far as I've seen, these are the only other survivors I've seen. But the world is a large place, and I'm fairly sure others have made it like we have."

Dylan followed Atticus’ reassurance of more survivors with his usual cheer, Sweeney left brooding in thought over in the corner. Nostrils flaring, the canine shifted uncomfortably on the spot, his curiosity finally getting the better of him.
    “What do you mean, ‘good left in the world’? Where did the good go?” Despite the natural aggression that gripped the youth’s voice, the questions revealed the complete obliviousness the Mightyena had to his situation. His age was evident in his tone, his dark eyes viciously volleying between the remaining group as Bonfire dropped a package of sweet-smelling food on the floor. Sweeney, distracted, eyed the substance carefully.

“There's Pokeblocks inside so help yourself. I am gonna go back and get some fish out of the cold storage. I'm sure the canids like us and our dragon will appreciate the protein."

What the hell’s a Pokeblock? His frown deepening, the canine kept his distance as the Breloom investigated, seemingly as clueless as he. The colourful sweets that emerged received a cold reception from the dark-type. He’d prefer meat any day. The humans had kept him on a diet of mainly low-quality meat and the occasional berry – he hadn’t the luxury of such frivolous human concoctions. Huffing, he turned away, instead watching as Atticus exited the room at the fire-rat’s cry for assistance.

"These are good! Come and have one Sweeney, Des, Victini!"

Sceptical, Sweeney remained at a distance. His expression said enough that he was unwilling to trust such foreign foods or that they left the home of Bonfire. His stomach was still stinging from the rat’s sneaky attack, the reminder of the canine’s capabilities ensuring that he wouldn’t fall for another of the Flareon’s tricks. Turning away, making it clear he wanted nothing to do with Bonfire’s hospitality, Sweeney kept to himself, effectively one with the shadows.
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:27 pm

Attentively listening to the conversation, her stomach growled at the mention of food. "Aren't pokeblocks those weird cube thingymajigs that people make in Hoenn?" Des comments, her expression changing to one of wonder. "I heard depending on what berry you use for it, the taste and texture is different... Kinda like poffins." It wasn't long until the Breloom called her over. "These are good! Come and have one Sweeney, Des, Victini!"

"Don't mind if I do!" scurrying to the source of the voice, she used her nose to smell the blocks, before eagerly chomping a couple in her mouth. "Well shit son, these are awesome!" finishing her mouthful, Des licked off her lips and hummed happily. "Best food I've had for like, a year," turning her head to where the kitchen was, she shouted. "Bonfire bro! I owe ya one!"

"And oi, sulky," she said, directed to Sweeney. "What's up with you? Come try some, it's not like you're gonna... die or anything."
    Victini
    Victini
    Legendary
    Legendary

Post by Victini Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:56 pm

Lacunosa Town/Late Afternoon (22)

"None taken, Victini," the Arcanine replied to her jumbled, nervous ramble with a smile and a chuckle. "There's no reason for such anxiety, Miss. As far as I've seen, these are the only other survivors I've seen. But the world is a large place, and I'm fairly sure others have made it like we have." Victini nodded, holding her little hands to her face, and felt herself levitating off of the sofa again, but quickly flopped back down. "I can only hope. The more of us there are, the more chance we have of fighting back against this." Before she could add more, however, the large canine was called into the kitchen by the Flareon. Was he going to call him ... Fluffy Butt? She had to cover her mouth to suppress a giggle. She really liked these Pokemon, and they all seemed to be remarkably accepting of her. That is, all but one.

"What do you mean, ‘good left in the world’? Where did the good go?" Victini turned to the black hound as he skulked in the corner. She couldn't help but detect a hint of unawareness of the true situation, but she wasn't sure if that was true or not. The idea of living in a world like this and not knowing what was going on was rather baffling.

The Flareon then came in with a small bag and told them all to help themselves to the 'Pokeblocks' within. The small legend tilted her head in curiosity as she slowly floated over to the bag just as Dylan helped himself to one of the cube-shaped candies and popped it into his mouth. "These are good! Come and have one Sweeney, Des, Victini!" "I don't know what Pokeblocks are," Victini admitted as she reached the bag and poked her head inside.

The Deino then started to explain that Pokeblocks were made by mixing berries together. "Oh? Like in a special blender of some sort?" Victini mused to herself as she took out a red Pokeblock and opened her mouth to eat it, but then caught sight of Sweeney sulking in the corner. If she was going to try and gain his trust while she was here, now was a good time to start. Holding the small cube in both of her tiny hands, she drifted over to the Mightyena and held it out to him with a wide, bright smile."I can see that you're not too keen on sitting with us, so I'll bring one to you! Would you like it?"

The Victory Pokemon

Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:24 pm

(12)

As Atticus came into the kitchen with Bonfire the hyped up Flareon was almost a giant furball. His temper with the door had caused his fur to become raised and the naturally internal heat his kind held made it even more pronounced. "Thank. Arceus," he growled in irritation, not actually aiming the malice at the Arcanine though it easily could have been taken that way. "This...this...contraption!...It won't open!" He pointed one paw at the aforementioned 'contraption' that was in fact a human refrigerator. While it no longer held power its insulation kept food fresher for a while and usually it took the fire fox several tries to open it but this time it was just being stubborn.

"There's a couple pounds of Magikarp in there and I can't get the blasted thing open! So...if you could?" He hated being small to begin with and it was starting to take its toll on the little Flareon's temper. He had been able to handle the cold storage when he was living by himself, but now that he had people to impress and manipulate he was sitting here proven to be a shrimp? Fuck that. Glaring heavily at the door as though his very eyes would rip the thing from its hinges he waited, hoping Atticus would hurry the hell up and open the damn thing. He was going to share, after all, so it wasn't like he was asking too much for a little assistance. But if he made one short joke...
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:17 am

A 12|| D 10
    ((Post count continued from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]))

"Thank. Arceus," the petite flareon growled, Atticus a little confused at his sudden hostility. "This... this... contraption! ...It won't open!" Atticus turned his great head to the refrigerator, and then understood. Bonfire continued, confirming the arcanine's suspicions. >"There's a couple pounds of Magikarp in there and I can't get the blasted thing open! So...if you could?"

Atticus, ever the gentleman, simply nodded and took a long step forward, bringing him to the old fridge. He nudged the stubborn door, which refused to open with his nose and paw, testing how much force would need to be used. Noting that both appendages were really too large and bulky to be able to pry the door open, he resorted to using his slimmer teeth, finally breaking the contraption's stubborn streak. The door opened with a whine, revealing its treasures. He glanced down to his fellow fire-type, naught but a friendly smile. "There you are, Bonfire. Do you need anything else?"

---

It had been a long time since Dio had found any living that didn't either run or become a meal. Not since the strange group she'd found in Johto. Her stride was, while still confident, tired and weary from her trek. It felt like she'd walked all over the damn planet, and still every single thing looked the same. Forests were cold and silent, cities were always covered in blood and their past inhabitants, and anywhere else was just like them. Mountains, lakes, rivers-- anything... it was always the same. Lifeless, silent, and filled with the Infected.

It was sickening.

How she longed for her life before all of this. The Infected had given her a rush before, the risk of infection something that boosted her adrenaline and got her heart to pump through the roof. Now... now they were a joke, a plaything that no longer held its value. She had yet to come across something that actually challenged her, that intrigued her, that actually relieved some of the undying, opressing boredom under which she was suffering.

Her expression didn't change when her paws hit cold stone and buildings surrounded her. Another city. Grand. Another drab was more like it. She heaved another sigh as her eyes scanned the darkening corners for any signs of life -or death- and surprisingly found nothing. Nothing? The hell was wrong with this place? Blinking, she suddenly realized that there were scents in the air-- living scents. An arcanine, a breloom, a dragon, a mightyena, something weird and one of her own evolutionary cousins, a flareon. Her ears perked as her interest was piqued. What was going on?

She followed the trail a little ways down -and momentarily getting lost- to a small shack a ways deeper into the town. Voices flitted into the air, and she began to crawl, not wanting to be discovered just yet. Who were these pokemon? Were they friendly? Foe? Her mind secretly longed for the latter, wanting a battle that could finally satiate her cravings. Settling near the front door, she nestled and turned her large ears inward, listening to the goings on inside.

((Dio's being a creeper, lol. Feel free to smell her.))

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:28 pm

Lacunosa Town/Late Afternoon (12)

Dylan quickly turned to Des with an excited flick of his tail as soon as she mentioned that Pokeblocks were made in Hoenn. "H-Hey, I'm from Hoenn!" Upon that thought he grabbed another Pokeblock and popped it into his mouth. Victini floated over and took one out as well, but instead of eating it for herself, she offered it to Sweeney. Dylan quietly sighed as he helped himself to another Pokeblock, doubtful that the moody hound would accept her generosity. Quite amazing how she can be so kind and selfless when she possesses so much power ... I wonder if the other legends are like this?

((Short post is short - not sure if Breloom have a good enough sense of smell to detect Dio, lol))
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:57 am

Lacunosa Town || Late Afternoon [13]

"And oi, sulky. What's up with you? Come try some, it's not like you're gonna... die or anything."

Sweeney gave nothing but a growl in response, ears flat against his half-burnt head as he huddled closer to the corner. How the hell had he got into this situation? Lovett must’ve planned him. Why had he trusted her? Stupid! Annoyed at his own idiocy in trusting the damned Ninetales who’d essentially trapped him with these miscreants, Sweeney was brought from his bitter, mental cursing of the canine when the newcomer approached. The ‘Legendary’.

"I can see that you're not too keen on sitting with us, so I'll bring one to you! Would you like it?"

The youth wanted to tell this Victini-creature exactly where she could stick that berry, but something possessed him to hold his tongue. It just didn’t seem… right. Staring at her, expression still one of fearful disgust, Sweeney’s nose twitched as he caught the sweet scent of the food offering. He was hungry…
    “… I –“ He stopped, however, as his keen nose picked up another scent, something foreign. Instinctively tensing, he rose to his feet, crimson eyes falling to the closed door in which the aroma seemed to radiate from. A guttural snarl leaving his agape jaws, hackles raised with coarse tail raised in a stature of hostility, Sweeney’s glare was unmoving. “There’s something outside,”
    Victini
    Victini
    Legendary
    Legendary

Post by Victini Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:00 pm

(I will be throwing in a skip for now, sorry! >.< Just assume that I left the Pokeblock at Sweeney's feet and told everyone to stay put while I wandered outside to cautiously investigate. Dio should probably be able to see me from where she is. :3)

The Victory Pokemon

Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:30 pm

(13)

Well wouldn't it just turn out that the old thing was just freaking stuck. Fluffy Butt had to break the damn chiller just to get it open. "There you are, Bonfire. Do you need anything else?" Sighing in exasperation and shaking his head said Flareon just shrugged. "Nothing else to do now." Grabbing a couple of fish easily equaling the size of him by the tail he dragged them out of the fridge and onto the floor. "Helph yursulf," he mumbled to Atticus as he started to pull the ones he had to the living area.

It took him a while but finally he got the large fish to the room and plopped them down, nudging one to Sweeney and the other to Des. She had already thanked him, from what he could hear over the noise in the kitchen, for the Pokeblocks but she might enjoy a little protein too. He would have to go back and get one for him now that everyone else had food but something caught his attention before he could. A scent. A female scent. And it seemed he wasn't alone in detecting it.

“There’s something outside.”

Nodding Bonfire started to go out to investigate but Victini beat him to the door. 'Damn girl is gonna get herself killed doing that...Some legend.' Moving to follow the fire type stepped out in the warm mid-day sun and finally recognized the scent as an Eeveelution. But this was one he had never really scented before...some kind of mutation? There were so many things their kind could do that other Pokemon couldn't so it was entirely possible. But the question was whether or not their little peeper was alive or not. And where the hell was she. "Yoo-hoo! Olly olly oxen free!"

Because annoying always worked to drag out people you didn't want around. At least in his experience.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:57 pm