Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+2
Nightfall
Silverishness
6 posters

The LACUNOSA Team

Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

The LACUNOSA Team - Page 2 Empty Re: The LACUNOSA Team

Post by Silverishness Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:39 am

Post 6

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Lacunosa Town| Afternoon

Atticus wasn't sure of what to make of the situation. While the ninetales and mightyena could be siblings, it didn't sit well on him. The latter's malice and anger was there, bubbling beneath the surface as he attempted to keep a calm -rather, a calmer- demeanor. He muttered to her, and while Atticus wasn't fond of eavesdropping in the first place, the mightyena's hushed tones eluded his hearing, the fire dog only able to catch a few staggered words, all of which didn't make sense. He'd have to watch his back. Bonfire proved to be mischevious, yes, but he'd sooner trust his fellow fire type than the likes of those scheming two...

Atticus sighed and shook his head. With such a dreary, terrible world, it was going to procure some sort of feral instincts in some pokemon. Surely others had it worse than he, and others coped differently. Perhaps with longer time spent together, the two would open up... With that encouraging but highly unlikely thought in mind, the arcanine turned his attention back to the small dragon, who seemed fairly impressed with Atticus' species. He gave a small chuckle, appreciating the small bit of praise, but not wanting to revel in it. "Thank you, Miss Desdemona," he replied, bowing a little out of habit. "You're too kind with your words."

Bonfire then took it upon himself to playfully lunge himself at the small dragon, beginning a wrestling match. He looked back at the canid pair, unsure of how to address them before settling on the thought that it would probably be safer to address the ninetales first. "So... Miss Lovett, correct? What is your brother's name, then? I don't think I've had the honor of hearing it."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:57 am

Lacunosa Town || Afternoon [5]

"Yep, just a harmless... little... Skitty!"

Sweeney was sick of the fire-rat already, cursing the moment he’d thought it best to target the Arcanine. Had he killed the Flareon when he had chance, at least there’d be some peace and quiet now. Scowling, the canine shot a malicious glare at the group, innocently conversing and joking amongst themselves. He couldn’t fathom such joy, essentially a stranger to the emotion since that day. Ears flicking back at the thought alone, it was hard to suppress a growl as images, intermingled with those ravenous flames, soon took to bombarding his young mind.

"So... Miss Lovett, correct? What is your brother's name, then? I don't think I've had the honour of hearing it.”

The Mightyena’s head snapped around at that familiar voice, his hackles raised as instincts reminded him that he was never safe. Nobody could be trusted, especially not some pompous hound who was pestering his ‘sister’ for a name. Making a point of moving away from the towering canine, Sweeney’s expression of loathing was religiously upheld.
    “You not got the balls to ask me yourself?” The youth snarled, adamant he was unafraid of the canine yet his actions betrayed otherwise. He was prepared, willing, to fight; his natural stance one of hostility, although his crimson eyes held a flicker of apprehension. He didn’t want to be here. This was the most social contact he’d had in years. All other company he’d been graced with had to die at his fangs within only a few short minutes of violence, there was never time to talk, let alone introductions. Now, placed in a situation where he was unable to fight, to kill, Sweeney was left feeling vulnerable, awkward even. “It’s Sweeney,” His nostrils flared, his own name sounding surprisingly odd on his tongue. Still keeping his distance, Sweeney’s aggressive posture did not falter.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:10 pm

Lacunosa Town| |Afternoon

"Thank you, Miss Desdemona. You're too kind with your words." Des grinned, brimming with joy. "Only because it's true! Heh heh!" She wagged her stubby tail, then noticed that the warm presence seemed closer. "Yep, just a harmless..." Closer... "little..." It was almost next to her now, and with a shout, Bonfire lunged at her. Surprised by the sudden attack, she tried to sway to a side only to find herself tackled full-on by the Flareon.

"Watch it, prick!" Des snarled, baring her fangs before launching a Dragonbreath to the direction she believed his face was. Writhing out from underneath the so called 'Skitty', she clashed her teeth together and soon created sparks surrounding her maw. "You want a fight, bitch? Come get one!" The thought that she was only a weak level 17 and her foe was probably much, much stronger didn't strike her, stampeding jaw-first to where she felt the warmth coming from. "You ain't just gon' get away with that!"

[OOC: Sorry this is late. VmV Trying to catch up with everything and stuff. Looks like Des has become significantly angry now. B) Heh.]
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:58 pm

Lacunosa Town|Afternoon
    (7)

"Watch it, prick!" HA! Even the Dragonbreath to the face was worth that! "You want a fight, bitch? Come get one! You ain't just gon' get away with that!" Saints alive! "You got spunk girlie, I'll give ya that!" Bonfire hadn't been this hyped up in a long time and it was all thanks to this Deino. "Alright chick I'll level with you, I ain't a Skitty. The name's Bonfire because I'm a Flareon, of the highest caliber." Everyone else seemed to be having their own conversation so it seemed like it was just him and the chick. Oh well, fine by him!

((OOC: Short post is short...))
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:41 am

Post 7

Lacunosa Town| Afternoon

“You not got the balls to ask me yourself?” The mightyena stated gruffly, answering before his sister was able. The anger and malice in his eyes were reflected in his voice, and while Atticus was apprehensive, he did not falter. His expression remained calm. Thankfully, the youth continued. "It's Sweeny."

Atticus nodded, putting the name to memory, disregarding the commotion from Bonfire and Desdemona frolicking. "Sweeny. I'm sorry I assumed you didn't want to speak for yourself. I should have known better than to jump to such conclusions. My apologies." He gave the youth a small nod, then looked to the others. "Well, it seems our group has grown to exponential proportions. Should we go and find some shelter, food or water? You know this sleepy hamlet, I imagine, Bonfire." He looked down to his fellow fire canine, awaiting an answer, and hoping the present company would stay pleasant.

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:19 pm

Lacunosa Town/Afternoon (5)

Dylan flinched as Bonfire tackled Des to the ground, but the dinosaur-like Pokemon appeared to be able to handle herself. The two of them looked geared up to start a fight, but he suspected that the Flareon's intentions were not malicious, but rather impish. Hopefully Des would realise that in time. He just hoped that he wouldn't have to resort to Stun Spore to calm them both down.

"Well, it seems our group has grown to exponential proportions," Atticus said, seemingly trying to change the subject. "Should we go and find some shelter, food or water?" Desperate to try and stop the bickering, Dylan enthusiastically agreed. "Yes, yes, fine idea, friend," he beamed, flicking his tail happily. He then cautiously turned to the two riled up Pokemon. "Bonfire, if you indeed know your way around this city, you should stop this ... this nonsense and show us the way. And Des," he looked at the Deino and then paused, trying to find the right words. "...You should try not to take it personally. I'm sure that Bonfire is ... just greeting you in his own way." His voice was cheerful to show the Deino that he meant no harm in his words.

The Mightyena had introduced himself as Sweeney. Being careful to stay a safe distance from him, Dylan nodded his head to him politely. Perhaps all the canine wanted was to feel welcome. "My name is Dylan. Will you be coming to find food with us? Surely you must be hungry?"

Last edited by Nightfall on Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:14 pm

Lacunosa Town || Afternoon [6]

“Sweeney. I'm sorry I assumed you didn't want to speak for yourself. I should have known better than to jump to such conclusions. My apologies,”

Sweeney snorted at the fire-dog’s response, his ears pressed firmly against his head as his furious orbs eventually left the Arcanine’s regal form. The ruckus between the rat that had attacked him and the blind female was far more interesting viewing. Still keeping his distance, a tiny smile tugged at the canine’s lips as the Deino retaliated to her attacker’s pestering with a dragonbreath to the face. The Flareon deserved as much, and for a moment, Sweeney was tempted to strike up an alliance with the female to take that mutt down a peg or two. The thought becoming ever more appealing to his young, aggressive mind, the Mightyena took a step forward only to see their dispute broken up. Maybe another time…

The group soon spoke of food, navigating their way around the area in a bid to salvage some scraps to feast on. Seriously, did everything revolve around their stomachs? Frowning, Sweeney fantasized to what his company had regularly eaten, a growing jealousy boiling beneath the surface at the comparison to the weekly berry he’d survived all these years off. Unable to silence the growl that emerged, Sweeney looked a madman – snarling to himself whilst his fragile mind was consumed with thoughts of that damned basement, the fire, everything. Fur bristling, he was only snapped out of his recollection of his torment at the peaceful voice of the Breloom.
    “What?” Sweeney snapped instinctively, defensively to interrupt the grass-type midsentence. Feeling crowded, the canine backed away, unsure whether he was even able to trust the Ninetales he'd previously found an uneasy comfort in. Glaring at Dylan as he continued, Sweeney was left speechless to a response. “I…” He struggled with his own opinions on the matter. He didn’t particularly desire their company, convinced that they would only prove a distraction to his own personal mission; but on the flipside, he was hungry and the Flareon’s attack had successfully sapped his energy. To top it off, he was reminded that he shared his company with ‘family’. Looking to the shiny fox beside him, the Mightyena’s expression softened a fraction. How he missed Lucy. “What do you think, sis?”
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:09 pm

Lacunosa Town| |Afternoon

"Alright chick I'll level with you, I ain't a Skitty. The name's Bonfire because I'm a Flareon, of the highest caliber." Sticking her tongue out in annoyance, the Deino huffed. "'Of the finest caliber' my ass, bitch," she muttered, fluffing out her already ruffled fur. Her lips formed a thin frown as she swiveled her head in the direction of everyone, listening to their conversation. "Well, it seems our group has grown to exponential proportions. Should we go and find some shelter, food or water? You know this sleepy hamlet, I imagine, Bonfire."

"...Wait our we all working together now or something?" she asked, a bit reluctant of the idea. "We barely even know one another..." Although Des herself wouldn't mind being together, the members of the group itself seemed to... Not fit together. Bonfire was, well, something between a prick or a douche, the Sweeney character seemed awfully intimidating, and Lovett was a near-mystery to her. "...You should try not to take it personally. I'm sure that Bonfire is ... just greeting you in his own way."

"Pretty fucking terrible greeting, then," if she had eyes, Des swore she would've already glared holes into Bonfire's sides by now.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:07 pm

Lacunosa Town|Late Afternoon
    (8)

"Well, it seems our group has grown to exponential proportions. Should we go and find some shelter, food or water? You know this sleepy hamlet, I imagine, Bonfire." Bonfire shot the larger fire canine a winning smile. "'Course I do! Scoped this place out when I first got here days ago. Come on, I'll show ya around." He began trotting off happily, but had to pause when he heard Happy Mushroom speak up. "Bonfire, if you indeed know your way around this city, you should stop this ... this nonsense and show us the way. And Des...You should try not to take it personally. I'm sure that Bonfire is ... just greeting you in his own way."

"Pretty fucking terrible greeting, then." Hehe, if they only knew. Whistling happily Bonfire's mischevious nature began playing up again as he walked a circle around Atticus before heading off in a completely different direction than he had previously. A couple of times he would pause in the middle of the street, cock his head, and move his paw from side to side as though he were trying to guess which street to take before turning. Conveniently he made a full circle and wound up behind the group again after having walked around the block. "Oh darn...guess I am lost," he tried, but was unable to hide his smirk.

Taking a look at the group one last time he sighed, sure no one would be happy with his little joke. Bunch of squares. "Alright, alright, actually come on this time guys. Unless you follow I will just have to keep entertaining myself this way until you do." Pointing a paw to the other side of a large bridge Bonfire addressed everyone and said, "Food is that way," before trotting off once again. This time, sans the whistle.
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:02 pm

((Skip please. Atticus is following, albeit a little angrily))

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:05 pm

Lacunosa Town/Late Afternoon (6)

Everyone seemed to have calmed down a little and had agreed to go off with Bonfire to find food. Dylan hopped off the ground a little and flicked his tail happily, glad that there was no longer the worry of a fight breaking out. The Breloom watched as Bonfire wandered off down one of the streets and seemed to be trying to figure out where to go. After this had gone on for a couple of minutes, Dylan tilted his head a little in confusion. Eventually, the Flareon came trotting back with a mischievous smirk on his face. "Oh darn...guess I am lost."

Dylan frowned, not appreciating such a joke at times like this when everyone was hungry. He couldn't remember the last time he had eaten anything more substantial than a handful of berries. Bonfire then gave up on his little game upon seeing everyone's reaction and started to lead them across a large stone bridge. Keeping close to Atticus, Dylan eagerly followed.

((Feels like forever since I've posted for Dylan O_O))
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:57 am

Lacunosa Town || Afternoon [7]

"Free food? Even if I enjoy the company as much as you do, staying for a meal might be useful. We could both use it, eh, Sweeney?"

Sweeney’s gaze lingered on the female a moment, expression softening a fraction as she suggested they stick around for the food. He was hungry, so the idea wasn’t totally horrific. Nostrils flaring, annoyed that he’d landed himself in such a situation, the Mightyena looked down to his paws before offering a response.
    “Fine,” It was short, blunt as ever for the troubled youth.

Eying the disgruntled Deino, the canine felt a small smirk tugging at his lips. He knew that feeling. Unsurprised that the mouthy fire-rat was the cause, he watched said creature lead the way alone, eventually returning to announce his lack of navigation skills. Sweeney emitted an exasperated growl, a frown established to further distort his angry appearance with the savage burn wounds. Content to rant within his own delicate mind, the canine trudged after the idiot, keeping his distance from the unconventional group as he skulked alongside his dearest sister.
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:10 pm

(OOC: Skipping this once since I'm in a rush, let's just say Des got really frustrated and is having a hard time following them. c: )
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:45 am

Post 8

Lacunosa Town| Afternoon

Atticus sighed as he followed Bonfire's trotting, happy form. He was a prankster, that much was obvious. He wasn't yet sure if it was only a skin-deep mischief, though, if there was something good beneath all that fluff and sass. He surely hoped so, that he hadn't gotten himself stuck with a pokemon that was only out to save himself by damning others. The arcanine glanced back to the others, studying the rest. It seemed that most of his new companions were not all that friendly...

The breloom was probably the one he'd feel most comfortable with, as Atticus could barely detect malice or aggression when Dylan spoke. Yes, he'd feel safest with him. The little dragon, Desdemona, was snappy, but not truly aggressive. She seemed sweet enough when she wasn't being provoked. The other two, though... Sweeny and Lovett... A frown crossed his lips as he glanced to the pair. As much as he hated judging people so quickly, he couldn't help but feel something wrong. His instincts were usually very accurate, and they told him not to turn his back on them.

He sighed, pushing the paranoia from his thoughts. In this day and age, it was a miracle to find living pokemon, especially in such abundance. Maybe if they did bear him ill will, then he could assuage them, turn them from their hatred. He hadn't done anything wrong to either of them, so maybe a prejudice of some sort? Again, he was unsure, but he hoped for some sort of peaceful resolution... After some silence, he asked Bonfire, "Is it much further?"

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:11 pm

Lacunosa Town/Late Afternoon (7)

Dylan quickly walked alongside Atticus, eager to get his hands onto his first meal in several days. Even if it was only going to be a few berries it was good enough for him; anything to fill the increasingly painful gap in his stomach. He noticed that Des was starting to get frustrated and was having trouble keeping up. He fell behind a little until he was walking alongside the Deino. "Are you all right?" he asked. "You look rather frazzled by something."

((Sorry for the short post, there wasn't much to work with.))
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:16 am

Lacunosa Town || Late Afternoon [8]

Having recovered from his earlier bout of aggression, Sweeney’s mind was still playing victim to a growing fear. This was the first time in his life he’d spent time in a group – spoken to other creatures without the active intention of gutting them. It was all very surreal, the young hound particularly naive to the concept of a pack. Still, he didn’t like it.

Skulking behind the group, shoulders hunched as he embraced a damaged gait from living in those cramped cages all his life, the Mightyena looked out of place. His ears remained flat against his head, eyes narrowed though possessing a blatant spark of alarm, concern. He had been ripped from familiarity and thrust into what was considered ‘normal’ society. Sweeney’s nostrils flared. There was nothing normal about this.

"Is it much further?”

Brought from his own discomfort, Sweeney’s crimson eyes fell to the giant Arcanine up ahead, enquiring to Bonfire’s navigation abilities. With a huff, tail lashing irritably behind him, Sweeney was convinced they were walking in circles. It could be a trap. This whole group working together to kill him. All of them, even pretty Lovett, scheming away to drape his guts from the windows. As Dylan began to converse with the recently arrived blind-dragon, Sweeney was reaching the point of collapse. Were they conspiring?
    “What are you whispering about?” He snapped, accusatory. Whilst his stance held a look of unfound hostility, he didn’t advance – he was rooted to the spot by his own silent concerns.
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:46 pm

Lacunosa Town| |Late Afternoon

This was fucking hell.

The young Deino was stuck circling around, trying her hardest to pinpoint the sound of where everyone was going, but with so many footsteps all around her it was only getting harder and harder. The soft padding of paws, the clicks of claws, and occasional thuds of much harsher footing rang in her ears. When Des tried to follow one path, she would only stop to turn the other direction. "Food is that way," Oh thank Arceus that the Flareon spoke, the blind dragon immediately scurrying to the sound of his voice.

"Is it much further?" she followed the Arcanine's voice this time, finding herself a bit off-track of everyone. The group was rather quiet however, and even though the Deino knew that she needed help she kept her mouth shut. There was no way she was going to admit someone had to lead her in front of that firey jerk. Scowling a bit in frustration, she listened harder for their voices. Suddenly, she heard footsteps fall beside her and felt thankful.

"You look rather frazzled by something." This was the voice of the happy one, and Des turned her head up slightly to greet the Breloom. "I'm just... Having a hard time keeping up," she murmured quietly, hoping the Flareon couldn't hear. "...I'm just finding it really difficult to follow everyone," Des really hated to admit it, mentally scolding herself for even speaking about it. If anything, it made her sound more pitiful than she already was. The dark-type was surprised she even survived this far into the Epidemic, hell especially if she was having a hard time following a group of five living Pokemon.

“What are you whispering about?” Oh, it was the angry guy. She could hear his voice directed at her and Dylan, and the Deino paused. What was there to be so suspicious about? What was with this guy? "None of your concern, thanks." She was trying to be as polite as she could be, especially in her frustrated state of mind. As much as she would love to bit this dog's muzzle off, she didn't want to get into a fight with anyone anymore. The Ninetales mumbled something to Sweeney, only fueling the little dragon in asking what they were talking about.
    Victini
    Victini
    Legendary
    Legendary

Post by Victini Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:27 pm

Eastern Unova/Late Afternoon (18)
    (post count continuing from Legends Team II)

Victini zoomed over churning waters of Undella Bay, telling herself again and again that she was doing the right thing by coming back to Unova. After the disaster that had frightened her into fleeing Kanto, possibly for good, there was only one place in the whole world that would make her feel safe again. Unova. The home that she had loved and protected for her entire life. The guilt of leaving her new friends behind, after it had taken her so long to even find them, was starting to eat away at her. She sniffled and let the tears drip from her eyes as she reached the shore. Oh my...

Undella Town was in complete shambles. She knew that she was safe from her high vantage point but the very sight of the once bustling tourist town tore her to pieces. Buildings were destroyed, blood stained the sand and undead beasts were on the prowl, feeding off the bodies of their unfortunate victims. No ... no! Squeezing her eyes firmly shut, Victini simply darted away in the direction she was facing. Her home was in no better condition than Kanto had been, just as she feared. Why didn't you stay?! You could've stopped this...

A blast of wind threw her slightly off course. Opening her eyes and steadying herself, she noticed that she was already getting close to the next town. Lacunosa, there was no mistaking it. Those high walls and long bridges were easily distinguishable from the other Unovan cities. Carefully, she started to descend, keeping an eye out for anything that moved. Wait ... what's that?

Lacunosa Town
    A Flareon was making its way down one of the streets, followed by several other Pokemon, one of which she recognised instantly as a Deino. Victini blinked; those Pokemon looked like they were a group of survivors. She slowly descended upon the group and stayed within the cover of the tall buildings so that she didn't startle them. The last thing she wanted was to be mistaken for an enemy. As the group moved further she quickly darted from one building to another, keen to stay undercover for now. She had no idea what she would say to them if they saw her.

She noticed that the Deino appeared to be having trouble keeping up with them, possibly due to her blindness, and that the Grass-type had tried to aid her. This had provoked an angry response from the black canine. The small legend felt herself flinch at his harsh words; he looked like he would be a challenge if he decided to fight. Not that she was unable to defend herself, but she wasn't sure if she could bring herself to attack a fellow survivor merely for self-defense. You'd be fighting one of your own...

She continued to stay in the shadows for a while, deciding what to do. Would she go out there and nurse her guilt by helping them out, or would she continue to hide in the darkness in case she made any more mistakes? I can't let that happen again ... I just can't.

((I was going to use invisibility but that would just prolong things. :3 Feel free to spot me if you want to. Glad to be here with you all. <3))

The Victory Pokemon

Profile Admin & Team Sheet Manager
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:01 pm

((OMG I'M SO SORRY! I THOUGHT I ALREADY POSTED THIS TEAM!))

Lacunosa Town|Late Afternoon
    (9)

Bonfire knew they wouldn't be happy with his little prank. He got more than a few glares and even what sounded like a snarl from the psycho mutt. Hehe, these guys were too easy. If they were this annoyed by a simple turn around imagine what he could do when they were back in his lair? Oh the shenanigans he could get into! "Is it much further?"

"Oh don't you worry Fluffy Butt, we're practically there." Bonfire was practically bouncing in glee. His steps were light and he seemed to almost skip towards a small house with a scorch mark on the door. The small Flareon had been too small to get to the window when he first found it so he had burned the doorframe so that the wood warped and allowed him to push the door open. It worked to get him in but when he slept he had to push something against the door to keep it shut at night so nothing else got in.

"Here we are!" he cried happily, pushing door open with one paw dramatically. "Home sweet home!" He turned to greet everyone into the small house when something orange caught his attention in the distance. Suddenly the air surrounding the Flareon began getting hotter and hotter, and the flames surrounding the vupine began to shift and swirl with an unseen wind. "We were followed..." Leaving everyone to the porch he bolted down the street towards the orange creature, ready to pounce, but then stopped short. An unseen power emanated from the creature, a kind like he had only felt a few times when following his Gym Leader Fenix around. The power of a Legend.

"Who...who are you?"
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:54 am

Post 9

Lacunosa Town| Afternoon

Atticus paid no heed to the light jab at him from Bonfire -"Fluffy Butt"- as he was sure there were thousands more to come. He was simply grateful that the little spritely flareon had deemed it an appropriate time to actually lead them to the house instead of stringing them along further. Grateful that he was willing to share such a commodity, he was all too happy to step foot inside and lay down.

However, a shift in wind and scent called for him to pause. Turning, he saw that Bonfire had also caught the shift, a strange scent now wafting around them. That was a scent he'd never known, but there was something strange about it. Something... He struggled for a word to describe it, as it was so intangible it couldn't be announced in mere words. There was just something... more to this presence. Bonfire addressed it first, his apprehension staying his norm of sarcasm and aggression.

"...Steady..." he murmured, his low rumble of a voice bearing some stability in such a strange moment. Hopefully, everyone would keep their calm and this stranger would reveal itself in a peaceful manner.

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:12 pm

Lacunosa Town/Late Afternoon (8)

"I'm just... Having a hard time keeping up," Des replied quietly. Dylan brought his head closer so that he could hear her whispers. "...I'm just finding it really difficult to follow everyone." "Oh ... I see." Dylan didn't really know what to suggest. He looked over at the others, most of whom were still following Bonfire, and then whispered back, "Well don't worry. I'll walk with you, if you like?" His cheerful tone and bright smile quickly faded as Sweeney whipped round to face them both.

"What are you whispering about?" he demanded, his posture aggressive as he glared at them both. "N-Nothing, Sweeney, nothing," Dylan replied, giving the canine a shaky smile. Des simply, erm, wanted to ask me something, that's all. Nothing to worry about!" He wasn't being completely dishonest; he left out the part about Des struggling since he knew it would embarrass her.

"Here we are!" a bright voice from the front of the group called, and Dylan looked up to see that they had arrived at the entrance of a house. Happy to see something that could possibly shift the subject, Dylan eagerly followed, but then Bonfire stopped in his tracks and, after muttering something about being followed, shot off back down the road the way that they'd come.

"Eh? What?" Dylan watched as Atticus then followed, both of them stopping a few yards down the road and looking at something small and orange that had been hiding behind one of the buildings. Tilting his head curiously, he followed them and allowed himself to take a look at the timid creature. While he had never seen this kind of Pokemon before, there was a strange aura emanating from her. Dylan inhaled and held onto his breath as he stared at the small newcomer in awe; this was no ordinary Pokemon.

"Are you ... all right there?" he asked the small Pokemon, taking a step closer to her. "No need to hide. Come out! We won't hurt you!" He resisted the urge to glance back behind him at Sweeney. He could only hope that the Mightyena would not view this Pokemon as an enemy and scare her off. He wanted to know more about that power she was radiating.
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:51 am

Lacunosa Town || Late Afternoon [9]

"None of your concern, thanks."

The dragon’s reply didn’t set Sweeney’s famous temper at ease. Whilst there was no malice in her tone, the canine’s mind suggested otherwise. Fur bristling, a fierce growl escaped him as he glared over at the blind newcomer. What are you hiding?... He was sure he’d never get the answer, considering it was probably a means of plotting his own demise within the group, but that single questioned tortured him. However, Dylan’s stuttering explanation broke the hostile charade. Sweeney regarded the grass-type with a look of contempt, unsure whether this was part of their elaborate performance. He pretended to be the nervous peacemaker, yet when the time came, he was like all the others Sweeney had killed. It was a dog-eat-dog world – or so the Mightyena had been persuaded, thus he saw no reason to take chances.

"...surely it is not something hostile, Sweeney, dear."

That voice, a glimpse of Lovett’s face was enough to quench the dark-type’s growing fury. His stance relaxed, images of his beloved flashing vivid before his eyes as her own beautiful voice echoed behind Lovett’s own. Nostrils flaring, the youth’s stance eased as his crimson gaze volleyed between his ‘sister’ and what were no doubt the enemy. Now wasn’t the time to fight. He’d have to wait, fearfully. Let them plot and scheme, when the moment came, he’d remind the world that he was the real survivor.

"Here we are!"

Turning away without a word, his expression still sour from the cheer locked in Bonfire’s call, Sweeney was quick to sense the tension that descended upon the group. The fire-type’s were sniffing the air, their bodies tense as a shiver crept up the battler’s spine. Head jolting at glimpse of movement, the group were gradually moving to the source of this sudden still. Sweeney hesitated before stalking after them. His heart thumping furiously in his chest, eyes ablaze with fear, muffled by his natural, incredible aggression, the Mightyena halted at the sight of the stranger.

Like the others, Sweeney couldn’t help but sense the grand aura radiating from the small, orange creature. But her stature suggested this power in the air stemmed from another being. This strange being certainly didn’t look worthy, hiding in the shadows like a coward. Ears flat against his skull, hackles raised as a snarl broke across his disfigured face; the only indication of his fear was his tail, curled around his left, hind leg.

Whatever this thing was, Sweeney wanted it gone. It seemed feeble, innocent, but the atmosphere led him to believe he was stood against a monumental threat. Deaf to Bonfire and Dylan’s polite, if a little awed questioning of the stranger, the dark-type kept his distance with a permanent scowl on his burnt face. Uncomfortable, Sweeney found himself longing for the normality of the world he’d known best. Foreign land, foreign creatures, foreign rules – he wasn’t ready to absorb such information, clueless that he looked upon a Legendary.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 12:16 am