Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+5
Hydreigon
Starbits
Mismagius
renegade
Jay
9 posters

The GATEON Team

Thunderform
    Thunderform

The GATEON Team - Page 9 Empty Re: The GATEON Team

Post by Thunderform Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:23 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Gateon Port/Night (26)

"Wha-what? Oh yeah! Sure, sure! Then there will be me, you...and that yellow chap over there."

Acid nodded, weakling smiling: that Growlithe was particular, and it wasn't just the mask...something...something particular, something that made the frog's heart warm in happiness when he heard that name.

"Anna." opening wide his eyes when he realized that he said that name outloud, the Toxicroak coffed again, trying to change argument. "Uhn...pardon me, Phantom. Lead the way to club Krabby, it's time to rest these old bones."
    The Toxicroak really did not liked to look or describe himself as old, but that day was different: for one, he saved the group by a swarm of Infected, and second...two members of the group were gone.

"..Wait, two?" while walking to Club Krabby, he stopped, looking around...someone was missing: Ariana! The veteran frog mentally-face palmed, as he didn't saw the Luxray since the beginning of the fight.
    Did the Cacturne took her away too? Acid shaked his head and groaned, trying not to think about it, even though it was terribly hard.

The Poison type just nodded to the Growlithe to continue moving: he did not slept that day, and while the Manectric were dead and the Harbinger disappeared, he still had a very bad sensation...something horrible was about to happen.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:47 pm

Gateon Port|Night|6

Phantom paused, waiting for an affirmative response so he could begin leading them back to Gateon, when Acid sighed almost nostalgically,"Anna."

Phantom cocked his head with a perplexed flair. "The-the name's Phantom, sir, not Anna," he murmured softly, hoping that the frog wouldn't take that offensively. He liked Acid already, not in an affectionate way, but in an idolized sense.

"Uhn...pardon me, Phantom. Lead the way to club Krabby, it's time to rest these old bones."

Phantom nodded, and padded along while the Frog seemed lost in thought. The moon was hanging high in the sky, cradled in the soft stratus clouds. Night was upon them. And Phantom couldn't have been happier.

He turned to make sure his newfound comrades were still following him, when he saw Acid dragging himself along slowly and engrossed with something. He nodded for Phantom to keep moving, and as Club Krabby loomed closer and closer in his sight, Phantom grinned.

Finally, after a long walk, they had made it. Phantom bowed dramatically, then in a sing-song voice stated, "Welcome to my home."

I hope you don't mind me sharing our home, Mimic. Phantom thought, looking up at the stars that blinked in the night.

Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:42 pm

(Skip. I'm feeling very tired/weak and I could only find the strength to post for a few teams. Just say that Dave thought the building would make a suitable shelter...)
    Thunderform
    Thunderform

Post by Thunderform Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:12 pm

Gateon Port/Club Krabby/Night (27)

"Welcome to my home."

The tired face of the old frog was relieved to see the warm lights of the Club Krabby. He would've lied by saying that he did not knew that place. Au contraire.
    He sighed, remembering the pranks he pulled along his unit when he was younger, during the rare times they weren't in service. Life was more simple...Cipher was nothing in comparison of the Infected.

He just took a small armchair and sat on it: it was comfortable alright.
    Something wasn't right, though...but what? Why did Acid had this sensation of imminent doom?
    Shaking his head, the Toxicroak did not wanted to think about it: the adrenaline produced by his recent fights just eliminated the option of sleeping.

He looked at the newcomer of the group, Phantom. Was that sensation related with him? No, that was an insane thought. But...since the Poison type couldn't sleep, he decided to exchange a few words.
    ...Acid blinked. Talking with people on purpose, without giving orders or anything surely wasn't something he got used to it. "I see you aren't very sleepy, sonny. I can relate." the ex-military sighed once more, looking at the stars.
    "It's fun...under the battlefield, during nocturn missions...you really don't have much time to look at the sky.

The frog looked down to the Growlithe, examining his mask: surely, the sight behind that piece of pottery couldn't be pretty.
    After a few, awkward seconds, he chuckled, still looking at the starry sky. "Sorry if I called you "Anna", kiddo. That name is...important, to me." the frog slightly frowned, looking at the Growlithe with his yellow eyes. "...She was...a true warrior. An Arcanine, so you should know what I'm talking about."

Acid looked at his necklace full of Black Sludge, as he crouched in his classic frog-like position: he never liked to open his mind with the others, but...Anna was dead. Everyone of his old pals were dead. Privacy was overrated, anyway.
    "You're probably thinking that I'm stupid...living in the past like the old geezer that I am, eh?" chuckling, the frog kept looking at the sky...it was just hypnotizing. "Whatever yer response is, I'm telling ya...my memories, even if I kept mostly the bad ones...are the true reason they keep me alive. They're the reason I'm fighting, everyday."

Looking back at the lighthouse, he watched the waves, crashing over the rocks of the port. "What does keep you alive, son?" the Toxicroak inquired, in a quasi-friendly tone. "I'm curious. You are weird, with yer odd personality and that mask...you have something that makes you say every time you wake up "Today is another day to fight back this nightmare." What is it?"
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:52 pm

Gateon Port|Club Krabby|Night|7

Phantom felt like he could burst. The feeling inside him was heartwarming, warm and fuzzy, like that of when he had snuggled up to his mother as a pup. Finally, there were guests...He had been craving company for a long time.

Companionship? Is this what I will recieve? His paws tingled as he thought this, and as he heard the creak of protest from an armchair as Acid seated himself, he felt tears of elation spring to his eyes, but he crushed the urge to sob loudly in self pity for how long he had waited for company.

So. Damn. Long.

Acid's face had no languid expression as he turned to Phantom, studying him with topaz eyes that gleamed in the night. "I see you aren't very sleepy, sonny. I can relate."

Phantom nodded, giving tacit responses as he tried swallowing the lump in his throat. Acid turned his head up to the sky, and he seemed fascinated by the scintillating stars. Phantom looked at the sky as well, and he felt himself relax. The tension in his muscles subsided.

"It's fun...under the battlefield, during nocturn missions...you really don't have much time to look at the sky. Phantom sighed in response. To not look at the sky; to never wonder what lies beyond it; to never fathom its complicity; to never just sit there and gawk at its majesty...to Phantom, that was a fate worse than death itself.

Acid looked down at Phantom, and he seemed to be scrutinizing his mask. Phantom grinned wryly, placing his paw to the mask, nostalgia flooding back to him at its touch.

Hiya! I'm Mimic!

Mimic...

A lone tear slid down his cheek. I wonder if Mimic still remembers me...Wherever he is... Phantom stared up at the sky, and after an awkward pause that seemed an eternity, Acid croaked, "Sorry if I called you "Anna", kiddo. That name is...important, to me." Acid frowned a bit, turning back to Phantom. "...She was...a true warrior. An Arcanine, so you should know what I'm talking about."

Phantom knew exactly what Acid was speaking of. The only Arcanine he knew was his father...and he cringed as he thought of the beatings...no, his father was no warrior like Anna was.

Acid crouched and croaked, "You're probably thinking that I'm stupid...living in the past like the old geezer that I am, eh? Whatever yer response is, I'm telling ya...my memories, even if I kept mostly the bad ones...are the true reason they keep me alive. They're the reason I'm fighting, everyday. What does keep you alive, son? I'm curious. You are weird, with yer odd personality and that mask...you have something that makes you say every time you wake up "Today is another day to fight back this nightmare." What is it?"

Phantom inhaled deeply, and exhaled slowly. It would be nice to lament, to tell his story...at last, to someone who understands...

Trying not to fumble over his words, Phantom replied, "I can relate, s-sir. My memories...even my mask...they're reminders of why I stay alive." His eyes took on a determined gleam as he watched the waves, the whitewash bubbling and dancing in the breeze.

"Sometimes, I think Arceus wants to torture me. My father was abusive, and left me in Gateon because he believed he had...k-killed me. He slung me into the water...and that's when...I was saved by the b-best friend I had ever had. But...the Undead g-got him..." He cringed as the flashback of that night played in his mind. He let silence reign for a moment before he spoke again.

"Why do I fight? Well, I fight to prove myself. I fight in the memory of my friend. I fight for my songs. I fight to prove to my father that I am something, and even though he was no warrior...I can be different...And...m-maybe..." he sighed, then looked Acid in the eyes.

"Maybe when I'm gone, Pokemon will know I had something to fight for. In my memory."
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:21 am

Gateon Port/Club Krabby|Night (40)

Dave wanted to get some well earned rest after a long day like this. As the other two entered, he was grabbing some couch cushions to use as makeshift pillows. The Ampharos then set them down on the ground and laid his head down on the pillows. Dave let out a relaxed sigh after being on his feet all day. He chose to listen to both Phantom's story, intrigued by every detail of it. He chose not to say anything though. He wanted to keep the fact that he was in love with a human girl a secret. Yawning, Dave decided it was time to hit the hay. He curled his body into a ball and placed his head on the pillow/couch cushion. "I'm going to bed guys. Best if you get some sleep as well." With that said, he dimmed his tail light and went to sleep.

(OoC: Best if the rest of you got some sleep to. I'm changing to morning next cycle.)
    Thunderform
    Thunderform

Post by Thunderform Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:30 am

Gateon Port/Club Krabby/Night (28)

"I can relate, s-sir. My memories...even my mask...they're reminders of why I stay alive.
    Sometimes, I think Arceus wants to torture me. My father was abusive, and left me in Gateon because he believed he had...k-killed me. He slung me into the water...and that's when...I was saved by the b-best friend I had ever had. But...the Undead g-got him...
    Why do I fight? Well, I fight to prove myself. I fight in the memory of my friend. I fight for my songs. I fight to prove to my father that I am something, and even though he was no warrior...I can be different...And...m-maybe...
    Maybe when I'm gone, Pokemon will know I had something to fight for. In my memory."

The old military frog listened quietly to the small Growlithe's story. Acid looked in Phantom's eyes too, trying to look like...like a father.
    Why? That was the Toxicroak's question in his head. Maybe because he wanted to give to the Fire type the paternal figure he never received? Or was it just because everytime he saw him he remembered Anna?

The Poison type turned his head, looking at the ground: he took a small breath, just like Phantom, and then answered back, looking at the dog once more. "Son...if you think that Arceus, Mew, or every other Legend is trying to punish you for something that you haven't done, I can assure you that it's not like that. And I mean it."
    Looking with a mixture between austerity and compassion, the Acid continued, trying to not depress the Growlithe too much. "Y'know, kid...I am older than you...I have lost many friends along the way, but...even if we knew that our time would've ended, we continued."
    Sighing, the Toxicroak's head lost in memories, he kept telling his story, croaking. "We continued because we knew that we where fighting for something good. We worked for Orre's freedom. And...in a way or another...we succeded." gripping his necklace harder, Acid looked in Phantom eyes, patting his head, making sure not to touch his burned ear or his mask, understanding the pup's affection for the facial ornament.

"I probably don't have much wisdom to share with you, Phantom. Just the regular things...y'know, eat all of yer meal, wash yer face...but there is one thing that you must do: taste. Taste everything, good things and bad things. I'm not saying that you must enjoy them. Just fully live them. Because Arceus is the only one with more than one life. Good night, son."

Hopping back to the Club, Acid took his armchair and, crouching in a comfortable enough position, he fell asleep.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:53 pm

Gateon Port|Club Krabby|Night|8
    As Phantom waited for Acids response to his lament, he heard the reserved Ampharos bid his good nights. Suddenly, it struck him how late it was, and he yawned, but did not want to sleep. Not yet. He would stay up as long as Acid did.

Acid inhaled, and looked at the Growlithe, with a gleam of something Phantom could not fathom in his eyes, croaking, "Son...if you think that Arceus, Mew, or every other Legend is trying to punish you for something that you haven't done, I can assure you that it's not like that. And I mean it."

Phantom whimpered and looked downwards at this remark, he knew it wasn't offensive, but inside he cursed himself for doubting the Legends. He felt like he was being scolded somehow, even though in the back of his mind he knew this wasn't reprehended dialogue, so he held his tongue.

"Y'know, kid...I am older than you...I have lost many friends along the way, but...even if we knew that our time would've ended, we continued." He sighed, and Phantom allowed his message to sink in.
    I guess we all just have to keep pressing on.

"We continued because we knew that we where fighting for something good. We worked for Orre's freedom. And...in a way or another...we succeeded." Phantom nodded to show his agreement. "I try my b-best, sir. Sometimes its hard," Phantom said, but his anxiousness rendered his words to an awkward mumble. Acid gripped his necklace, and patted Phantom gently on the head, and Phantom relaxed under his touch.

"I probably don't have much wisdom to share with you, Phantom. Just the regular things...y'know, eat all of yer meal, wash yer face...but there is one thing that you must do: taste. Taste everything, good things and bad things. I'm not saying that you must enjoy them. Just fully live them. Because Arceus is the only one with more than one life. Good night, son."

As Acid hopped back to Club Krabby, Phantom stood outside in solitude for quite some time, absentmindedly staring at the sky in thought. I guess what he means is I have to live life to the fullest...I only have one... Thrashing his head back and forth slowly to make sure no one could see him, he took his mask off with fumbling paws and let the breeze caress his burnt face. I guess...that means I shouldn't wallow in the pain I've encountered. I shouldn't live in the past. Gently taking the mask into his mouth, he padded over to the dock, and sat there watching the waves for a moment. He put the mask on the edge of the dock, and contemplated pushing it in the open water. It was a reminder of his pain. He needed to live...live without...

No.

He placed the mask back onto his face, and sighed. Pain is what I may make it, but it is the happy memories that count...

With a wry smile, he howled a lullaby into the night, the twinkling stars his audience as he sang. And as he walked back to Club Krabby after his song and curled up to sleep, he felt renewed, and something felt right. Something deep in the pit of his belly felt whole again.

He closed his eyes and entered a deep and comfortable slumber.
    Jay
    Jay
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Jay Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:26 pm

(ooc: I'm going to have to skip my first turn ;_; But yes, I WILL be posting next turn. With everyone sleeping, I couldn't exactly think of any good ideas. XD)
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:31 am

Gateon Port/Club Krabby|Dawn (41)

Dave mumbled a little bit in his sleep as he was having a dream about Kelly. It started off as a happy dream; the two of them on the beach together just having fun. But things took a turn for the worse. The sky went dark and everyone around the two were gone. A dark, sinister energy took her away as she screamed for help. The Ampharos ran to her, but the aura was too fast, and in a moment, she was gone. Dave fell to the ground in tears, unaware that the same dark aura was coming towards him. When he did notice it, he screamed...

Dave's eyes snapped open before the dream could be finished. He looked around and saw that it really was all a dream. The ampharos went outside to stretch a little bit when he spotted something in the distance. He couldn't make out what it was, but he saw that it was moving towards them slowly. The sight of this moving thing didn't scare the Ampharos

Then the monster roared. It sounded undead.

Dave rushed back inside and shook Acid awake. "Acid! There's an undead outside! And from the looks of it, it's a big one!"

(OoC: Well, you guys wanted a Metagross boss fight, and now you've got one! Good luck to all of us!)
    Thunderform
    Thunderform

Post by Thunderform Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:55 am

Gateon Port/Club Krabby/Dawn (29)

Oddly enough, Acid's dreams that night weren't as awful as the others: was it because of Phantom? Or the adrenaline from the fight against the Manectric prevented the nightmares at least for that day?

It wasn't very important, anyway. The Toxicroak's mind was still foggy, slowly gaining consciousness...was that a roar he heard?
    "Acid! There's an undead outside! And from the looks of it, it's a big one!" the young Ampharos, just a blur for the Poison type's eyes, came inside Club Krabby at a blistering speed, shaking the Toxicroak awake.

"Huh! I'm awake Dave, don't worry." shaking his head, he looked at Phantom, still in Cresselia's world. "Please wake 'im up, son. I'll go check out this big bad Infected."
    Reaching the outside of Club Krabby, he looked around: his sight froze in attention as Acid saw a massive, round-ish shadow coming: more roaring came from the unknown Pokemon, making the earth shake. This is no Manectric alright...

Running towards the shadow, the Toxicroak's eyes widened in surprise and fear at the same time, looking at the robotic aracnid that sprinted towards the dual type. That Metagross was angry. "Alright! COME AND GET ME YOU GROSS FU--" the Toxicroak's words were cut short, as the Steel Type slammed him away with a powerful Meteor Mash. The Toxicroak slammed against a building, hurling some curses against Arceus mother or something similar.

"Well... I'll be damned..." the Toxicroak spoke to no Pokemon, spitting poisoned blood from his mouth. "There's no way I can beat that fucker alone..." rushing to Club Krabby, taking advantage of the non-so-brilliant speed of the Metagross and his healing power given by the Black Sludge, Acid went inside for a brief second, looking at the Ampharos and the Growlithe inside.

"Alright, troop." Acid continued, using Swords Dance to boost his attack. "Let's show that shiny maggot our moves."
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:58 am

Gateon Port|Club Krabby|Night|9
    Phantoms dreams were uncomfortable. He whimpered and quivered through half of the night, there wasn't any visions, just a soft, empty, blackness. His eyes shot open when he heard the sounds of frantic footsteps pounding on the floor, and a shriek that sounded like Dave, and a tremendous, earth-shaking roar.

He jumped to his paws to see Dave looking outside with wide-eyes. His heart pummeled in his chest like a war drum. Where's Acid?!

"Alright! COME AND GET ME YOU GROSS FU--" The words were cut short by a huge slam, and a crushing sound that made time stop for Phantom. All his senses numbed as he howled,"ACID!"

He crumpled to the floor, and covered his eyes with his paws. No, no, no...NO...

He didn't know how long he stayed there, but after a few grueling moments, he heard a croak, "Alright, troop. Let's show that shiny maggot our moves."

"ACID!" Phantom barked, leaping to his paws and bolting over to his company. Outside, he heard another roar, and turned his head to see a Metagross lumbering around menacingly...

It was like slow motion, but it was so fast, Phantom jumped outside with a valiant howl, bolting over to the much larger Pokemon. "COME AT ME BASTARD! I'M NOT LETTING ONE OF YOU UNDEAD FUCKERS HURT MY FRIENDS AGAIN!"

He conjured up a Flame Wheel, and as the fire surrounded him, he felt adrenaline rush through his veins. He fired it at the oblivious Metagross, who roared because of its weakness to fire.

But then it turned its ruby eyes on Phantom, and he gulped, but stood his ground. "Well, or ya gonna fight, or are you gonna stand there like a big metal wuss?"

((OOC:Sorry for the lame and short post guys. XD))
    Jay
    Jay
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Jay Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:13 pm

([ooc: I love this post three darn times! DX sorry it's so lame asdghfd;])

Gateon Port || Dawn
    [1]

A scream, echoing over the lighthouse, wakes up the Staraptor, who grumpily leans up and sighs. His morning was already going to be a tough one -- probably infected migrating along the land again. However, this was different, the scream had a more shaped out voice, and even though DeAngelo couldn't make out most of the words, what it sounded like to him made the Avian giggle a bit. "COME AT ME! I'M NOT LITERING! FUCKERS HUNTING MY TRENDS AGAIN!" The more the bird pokemon thought about it, the more it didn't make sense, all up until the point when his brain seemed to hurt.

Then, his senses kicked in.

"Wait -- who in bloody hell is screaming like that?!" Ruffling his wings, the Avian prepares for flight. Today is going to be a long day. DeAngelo thinks, jumping up and pumping his wings to keep him airborne. As the bird circles the sky, he notices a small group of living, and an undead. The living seemed to be attempting to fight to undead, a Metagross giant. DeAngelo quickly swoops down, his wing glowing for an Aerial Ace attack.

With a loud bang, the Staraptor's wing impacts the Metagross' side. sending it off-balance. The Metal Type Pokemon almost falls over, but quickly regains it's balance and roars loudly. It barely seemed damaged. "Well, shit!" He says loudly, swooping back over and landing next to one of the living, a small Growlithe with a half mask over its face.

"Well, mate, nice to meet 'ya!" He looks to his side, a Toxicroak and an Ampharos, "You and your pals got 'yerselfs into a biiiig mess."

Facing the infected Metagross again, making eye contact with the beast, he spits, "You damn thing better go off and run along." The Metagross simply roars again, charging towards the Staraptor. DeAngelo jumps into the air, flapping his wings and using a Double Team, his body seemingly cloning itself around the Metagross. It stood confused.

"Here's your chance!" The Predator Pokemon yells, "Go get 'em!"
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:34 pm

(Skip me, please. No matter how I do it, I just can't make a good post at the moment, so just say Dave ran outside ready to fight.)
    Thunderform
    Thunderform

Post by Thunderform Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:17 am

Gateon Port/Dawn (30)

Leading the charge against the Metagross, Acid looked around the port: the situation was going decently well.
    The Steel Beast was attacked by a furious Phantom, roaring in pain. The Toxicroak rushed against the dual type, when a small dot flew straight for the robotic arachnid, revealing himself as a Staraptor.

Is that...is that the same Staraptor of the lighthouse? the Poison type looked confused at the newcomer, and shook his head. It wasn't the time for questions.
    Taking aim, Acid launched at the face of the Iron Leg Pokemon, smashing his fist against the steel plated cross of the Metagross.
    The beast roared at the impact, slightly backing off due the impact: it wasn't done, though. The frog was ready to attack a second time, gaining trust in his blow, but the supercomputer was faster.

His blood-red eyes briefly glew, unleashing a Psychic against the Poison/Fighting type. The Toxicroak barely restrained a scream, grunting in pain.
    It was horrible...every cell of his body burned, and it was impossible for the Toxicroak to think. When the Metagross decided it was enough for him to suffer, he launched the restrained frog against a wall, slightly crushing it.

"Nhh...nuh..." Acid slowly opened his eyes, barely recognizing the Metagross and the other survivors as different coloured spots.
    That situation was terribly familiar...once again, he got too cocky and was defeated quickly...and once more, his friends were fighting for his protection.

The Black Sludge inside the Toxicroak's necklace activated, and slowly started healing him...but the healing period was too long for such a thrashing. "DAMNIT!" Acid yelled, slamming his punch against the floor, breaking it...nothing changed after the outbreak. He was still useless. "PHANTOM! AIM FOR THE LEGS!"

The Toxicroak shouted that order like a shotgun, with a firm and powerful tone. The Growlithe was arguably the best choice for defeating a Steel Type, and he was fast enough to do so. He just needed a guide.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:19 pm

Gateon Port|Dawn|10
    Phantom felt everything happening was blurring together. It was like a sadistic ballet that he had been forced to take part in for the amusement of the Metagross. His head pounded, the adrenaline rushed through his veins, but that wasn't enough for the Growlithe to feel confident.

Suddenly, he heard a flutter of wings, and in his peripheral vision he saw an avian that seemed extremely calm despite the circumstances.

"Well, mate, nice to meet 'ya! You and your pals got 'yerselfs into a biiiig mess." Phantom turned to face the bird for a moment, and barked almost uncertainly, "Y-yeah...You aren't k-kidding..."

The strange Staraptor took to the air, and Phantom barked multiple warnings, but the bird seemed determined. He seemed to be saying something to the Metagross; he couldn't tell because of the birds altitude. But he knew there was no reasoning with an undead. He knew that all to well.

The Metagross roared, and tried attacking the avian, but with superb agility he went higher and made copies of himself. The illusion seemed to confuse the Metagross.

"Here's your chance! Go get 'em!"

Phantom nodded and released multiple embers from his maw, but the flames would only come out in slow succession, and Phantom cursed his luck. I wish my mother would have taught me Flamethrower...

His mind shot back to the present as the Metagross shrieked and threw the Military Frog against a wall. "ACID!!!"

Anger suddenly coursed through his blood, taking over all his senses, making it everything he was. His fury was visible in his burning orange eyes, and he ran around in circles as he gained the momentum to create the energy for a potentially fatal Flame Wheel. He howled as flames danced like playful cinders above him, and as the fire engulfed him he felt a power like he never had before. He felt like he was...alive.

HOOOWWWWLLLLLLL!!!!

"PHANTOM! AIM FOR THE LEGS!"

"SIR, YES SIR!!" Phantom barked, and without hesitation released the Flame Wheel. The Metagross surged and roared in agony as the flames melted his metal exterior slowly, and Phantom desperately tried to keep the conflagrations alive by shooting more Embers.

"Almost down, Sergeant! Just a few more attacks and I think we've got him!"

Oh, Acid, now I see why you loved your military life. Phantom felt something surge through his body, something he had never felt before. Pride.

Last edited by Cheshire Absol on Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Jay
    Jay
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Jay Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:40 pm

([ooc: ah, flip. I lost this post 5 times already, loss of inspiration ;-;! skip!])
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:27 am

Gateon Port|Morning (42)

Dave ran around the Metagross, trying to distract it so the others could get their attacks in. He also noticed that a Staraptor was now in the mix. 'Is that the same one from yesterday?' He had no time to think about it since the pseudo-legend tried to attack Dave with Meteor Mash. The hit connected and it sent the Ampharos flying and hitting a wall hard.

The electric type was in pain. He coughed up a little bit of blood as cuts decorated his body. It seemed like a few more hits would do it for the undead. Dave struggled to his feet, out of breath, but growling at it. "Everyone chill the fuck out! I got this!" Dave charged up a Discharge attack that was fueled on adrenaline and rage. The undead took too many of his friends. Viator, Taro, Alex. There was no way in hell he was going to let another one get taken. He was full and ready. "Get back, everyone!" He shouted.

With a scream, he unleashed the electrical fury within him. The attack was right at the Metagross, and was able to deal damage. The Metagross went down, but he still kept up his attack for good measure. After a while, the attack stopped. The Ampharos was panting out of exhaustion. He couldn't take it anymore. He collapsed onto the ground, out of breath and coughing up some more blood. "A-Acid... H-Help me...." He was able to say before blacking out.
    Thunderform
    Thunderform

Post by Thunderform Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:25 am

Gateon Port/Morning (31)

SIR, YES SIR!!

The Toxicroak couldn't be more proud of Phantom. The young Growlithe violently assaulted the Metagross, slowly melting its steel-plated shell.
    Now the cards were in the survivors' favour, as the Pseudo-Legendary was ready to fall and the Black Sludge slowly recovered the veteran. C'MON BOY! IT'S ALMOST DONE! Acid yelled, encouraging the Fire type.

Suddendly, even Dave entered the brawl, clashing against the robotic goliath: sharing violent hits in a mortal dance, the giraffe-looking Pokemon luckily won, screaming and unleashing a Discharge at the same time.
    Of course, the strenght of the attack greatly tired the Ampharos, so much that he fell to the ground, spitting blood. "A-Acid...H-Help me..."

Those were Dave's last words and, even though the Black Sludge didn't fully recovered the Poison type, he immediately rushed to the mono-type assistance, checking his condition...a few bruises to the chest and some cuts to finish the job. "Feel proud, son...you took quite a punch and survived..."
    Turning to Phantom, Acid gave a quick nod to the pup, stopping him. "I need to go to the Pokemart real quick, Phantom. Check Dave for a minute, alright?"

Running to the building, the first thing that Acid did was closing the entrance of Cipher's hideout: as expected, the smell of death inside there was becoming stronger and stronger, and it could attract other Infected.
    Taking a new bag and a few Potions, he hopped back near Club Krabby, croaking towards the others. Spraying the Potions on the wounded Dave, he stopped. How could've this happened in a few hours only?

"Thank you for yer help." Acid croaked, looking at the Staraptor. "Care to tell us your name, son?"
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:29 pm

Gateon Port|Morning|11
    Phantom had never felt more elation in the midst of tragedy. "C'MON BOY! IT'S ALMOST DONE!" He heard Acid's encouraging statement and beamed. And then suddenly, his flames tuckered out. He was about to rile them up again, when he heard Dave scream, "Everyone chill the fuck out! I got this!"

He turned his head to the electric type, who was charging up the largest veil of electricity Phantom had ever laid eyes on. "Get back, everyone!" Phantom bolted, quick on his paws, over to stand beside Acid, his eyes glued to the scene unfolding before him.

Dave released the Discharge, and after the Metagross was felled, Phantom let out a bark in triumph. But when Dave continued the assault, his brow wrinkled in worry. He saw that Dave was weakening. "DAVE! STOP! IT'S DOWN, IT'S DEAD. THE A-ATTACK W-W-WILL HURT Y-YOU!"

Suddenly, the last spark of electricity was released, and the static could almost be tasted in the air. Dave trembled, and crumpled to the ground. He gave a deep cough, and quivered again, whispering, "A-Acid...H-Help me..."

Dave went unconscious. His body fell limp, and his breathing was shallow. Even when Acid hopped over, Phantom was paralyzed with shock. Blood pumped through his heart, and he could hear every single heartbeat. The blood pounded in his ears, and suddenly, he felt weightless and dizzy. He couldn't move, he couldn't hear, he couldn't speak. Acid turned to Phantom, with a gesture suggesting he should come over. Phantom obliged, hobbling over on shaky legs, and when he caught sight of Dave's blood, he felt his stomach clench. "I need to go to the Pokemart real quick, Phantom. Check Dave for a minute, alright?"

Phantom nodded, almost absentmindedly, and as Acid hopped away, he couldn't hold it anymore. The bile rose in his throat, both from the exhaustion and the sight of blood, and he turned his head and released all the content from his stomach. He quivered in the aftermath, his throat dry, and he had a nasty taste in his mouth. But he resisted the urge to run and find water to quench the feeling, keeping his eye on Dave.

"You did a good job, Dave," he nosed the neck of the unconscious Ampharos."I-I barely know you, b-but I s-see you've gone through a lot, and that's what we have in common. Please wake up..." Phantom begged almost pitifully. He didn't want to watch someone die...Especially not Dave...he was strong and resilient. He didn't deserve to die.

Phantom sang softly to himself, letting the wind barrage his chest fur. He hoped Acid would return soon. He also wanted to thank that peculiar Staraptor...he sighed.

Last edited by Cheshire Absol on Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:03 am

(Skip me, please. Dave is still passed out.)
    Thunderform
    Thunderform

Post by Thunderform Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:39 am

Gateon Port/Morning (32)

Returning from the Pokemart with a couple of Potions, the Toxicroak quickly sprayed them on Dave's wounds.

The Potions weren't enough for helping the Ampharos, though. He would've need more help: gently taking the Electric type's arms, Acid slowly pulled him away to the Club Krabby, grunting. "Ungh...the weight's all in the belly, I tell you..."

After several minutes of grunting, pulling and sweating, the Poison type finally managed to get inside the Club Krabby. Looking for something to put Dave, his eyes beamed with energy as he found a big enough table to place him.
    Preparing the best of his muscular strenght, Acid took a big breath, lifting the Lighthouse Pokemon's back, raising him and lying him over the wooden board.

"Well, damn...now I'D like a handful of potions." hopping near a small fridge, he looked at an half empty bottle of water...it was cold enough.
    Pouring it on the Ampharos head, everything was done: Dave's wounds were healed, he was placed somewhere safe and hopefully he would've recovered soon enough.
    And the day just began.

Sitting in his classic frog position, the veteran looked at Phantom, chuckling. "You did a great job against that Metagross, son. Keep up the good work." looking at his Black Sludge, he sighed, still tired from the beating from the Infected. "It's true: when you reach a certain age, you go down and can't get up anymore..."
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:40 am

Gateon Port|Morning|12

Phantom panted happily when he saw Acid in the distance holding a pair of potions in his hands. He was moving quickly, and with good reason. Phantom wasn't certain if the Ampharos would last much longer if he didn't have medical assistance. Or maybe that was just him over reacting.

Whatever the case, Phantom went on a dragnet within his mind to find some comfort for himself. He wanted to calm his fraying nerves, lest he may go off and break down with a dramatic flair.

Phantom suddenly felt the military frog's presence beside him, and he stepped aside and let him go to work. He watched with hope brimming in his eyes as Acid sprayed the potions, but they seemed to be of no avail. Phantom gulped. What would happen if-

His thoughts ceased as Acid grabbed the Ampharos and dragged him across the ground. Phantom giggled a bit when Acid said, "Ungh...the weight's all in the belly, I tell you..."

Phantom followed Acid with a brisk pace. He would've asked him if he wanted help, but he knew the stubborn frog would have declined.

Finally, they had made it to Club Krabby, and Acid seemed to go as deep as he could into his reservoir of strength to lift the heavy Ampharos onto a table.

"Well, damn...now I'D like a handful of potions." Phantom chuckled. Acid hopped towards the small refrigerator, and gripped a small bottle of water, which Phantom assumed was for himself. But Acid didn't drink it, instead he hopped over to Dave and poured it on his head.

Phantom smiled. This was a prime example of the frogs generosity, Phantom knew Acid was tired and deserved a drink, yet he used the water in hopes of reviving Dave.

Acid crouched, and looked at Phantom with his topaz eyes, and Phantom beamed when he said, "You did a great job against that Metagross, son. Keep up the good work," he glanced down at his necklace, and sighed. He seemed extremely languid, and he should be, after all his work. "It's true: when you reach a certain age, you go down and can't get up anymore..."

Phantom sniffed, and nodded, not sure how to respond. His muscles ached, to say the least. "Y-you know, Acid, it's m-morning and I f-feel like sleeping..." he chuckled, awkwardly breaking the silence.

He paused for a moment. "I felt something out there t-t-today. I felt w-what I believe is c-called pride. In m-myself, in my new f-friends."

He hung his head. "But w-with that pride came regret. I shouldn't f-feel that way, especially since..." he nodded his head in Daves direction. He kept quiet for a moment, taking deep, even breaths, each inhalation jagged because of his pounding heart. He had never had a euphoria last very long as of late. They should be celebrating and bartering congratulations for a job well done, but instead...Phantom felt empty. Part of it was because of Daves unconsciousness, part of it was because of something deep within him that was unknown even to Phantom. A cloud of depression cradled him.

With a sigh, he rose to his paws, and sniffed. "I-I'll be back in a few."

Padding outside, Phantom navigated himself to the dock by instinct. This is where he would always go to clear his head. And he doubted anyone could hear him here. He needed release.

Phantom shouted his problems at the open water, shouted out all his pains and worries, releasing all the negativity inside him. Eventually, it was like a song in itself, the sea thrashing in rebuttal, and Phantom began to sing himself. It was loud, but the glorious polyphony galvanized him to sing with a slow crescendo. Finally...I can sing again...

With a long howl, he ended his vocals. He lay there, spent, watching the sea as the waves clapped. The sun shone bright, and on the horizon, the last star from the previous night twinkled and died out. I...am...thankful, great Arceus...I am...FREE. And, for once, Phantom truly meant it. It didn't matter what happened now. As long as he had Pokemon beside him, willing to fight with him, well, that was enough to keep living for.

((OOC: Really sorry for the lame post guys. Lack of inspiration and writer's block. >.>))

Last edited by Cheshire Absol on Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:24 pm

(Skip. I'm gonna have Dave wake up the next round.)
    Thunderform
    Thunderform

Post by Thunderform Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:37 pm

Gateon Port/Club Krabby/Morning (33)

"Y-you know, Acid, it's m-morning and I f-feel like sleeping..." Phantom suddendly broke the silence, beginning a new conversation.

"I felt something out there t-t-today. I felt w-what I believe is c-called pride. In m-myself, in my new f-friends."

After a brief pause, he continued. "But w-with that pride came regret. I shouldn't f-feel that way, especially since..." he nodded to Dave, and Acid looked at him...he knew what he meant.

The Toxicroak could fully sense the sadness in the Growlithe's heart: he felt that uneasiness, that...sense of pain too, when he lost his friends. He understood the youngling very well indeed. He tried to open his mouth to reply, but the puppy just stopped him and went away.

Acid sat there, just under the table, looking to an inaccurate point, listening to the waves...and then, a loud-ish song and a howl came from the outside, were Phantom was.
    It was really...belle, to say the least.

The only form of singing for the Poison type was just his croaking, and it rarely took any kind of rhythm. So he couldn't help but feel hypnotized by the simple but wonderful melody, as he enjoyed it to the fullest while closing his eyes.
    When the noise stopped, Acid opened his eyes once again, croaking. The day officialy began.

Rising from the table, he looked at Dave: the situation was getting more stable...much better.
    Hopping on a seat near the Ampharos, the Toxicroak quietly whispered to the Electric type, making sure he was awake. "Feelin' better, Dave?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:43 pm