Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+5
Snitch
renegade
Fox
Abysswalker
Nightfall
9 posters

The VICTORY team

Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

The VICTORY team - Page 11 Empty Re: The VICTORY team

Post by Snitch Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:50 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Route 28 || Morning [11][2]

"We gathered. Name of Brigadier, soldier. I hope you're more useful for more than rolling around in filth."

Hal and Poins shared the same excited grin, the latter nodding his head in confirmation of the bird’s presumptions. Having almost forgotten his dishevelled appearance now that he’d been blessed with company, the Linoone used a paw to wipe away some of the grime off his face, revealing the surprisingly attractive young man he truly was.
    “Yessir,” He smirked, raising a paw to salute the authoritative avian. “Camouflage ain’t it?” Oh, he was going to love Brigadier... A thief, a hothead and one to live life to its fullest, Poins could already distinguish the inevitable rift to form between them. Still, he wasn’t wholly irresponsible. So accustomed to looking out for Hal, Poins wasn’t as clueless and rash as he let on, instead proving quite the opposite of himself in times of stress. Tossing a glance to the canine, the ferret’s grin was unwavering.

"It's really nice to meet you, Mr Poins. My name is Oliver! I'm so happy that you have found Mr Hal again. Friends are really special. We were just trying to find some food. You should come with us! I-- I mean we will be happy to have you here!"

Harry smiled along at Oliver’s introduction, finding no end of delightful innocence in the pup. It was like he’d been transported back in time, having a conversation with one of his brothers as they tried to warn him of his wayward antics. His smile only widened at the thought. His family had never approved of the turns he’d taken in the world. Rejecting monarchy in favour of the kingdom’s streets, causing no end of mischief with his partner in crime, Mr. Poins, and indulging in the rowdy, passionate world of the poor; Hal was a disgrace to his parents. In a way, he was sad they hadn’t known him better. He presumed that with the final battle, everyone he’d known and loved had perished. Poins’ presence however, gave him hope.

Disguising his sorrow at the unearthed memories, Hal’s demeanour remained pleasant though his smile tended to falter. When introductions had passed, he needed to know what had happened. Some strange force had teleported him from the battlefield, robbing him of the knowledge to the fate of his beloved land. Perhaps Poins knew. Prepared for the worst, the Arcanine at least needed some peace of mind.

"Hello Poins, I'm Winter."

Poins smirked, attention stolen. Well, hello… Straightening himself up and wiping away the worst evidence of his badly planned camouflage, Poins mimicked the canine’s polite tilt of the head. Hal merely rolled his eyes.
    “It’s a pleasure, Ma’am,” Roughish grin on his slender, boyish face, Poins green eyes lingered on the canine’s face before drifting back to the Growlithe, Oliver, as he spoke. No way he was going anywhere. After months of searching for anyone, he’d stumbled upon a whole group of survivors including his closest friend and colleague. Whilst the latter wasn’t technically correct, Hal constantly opposing Poins’ duty as his personal assistant, the Linoone accepted the title purely out of the reaction he could evoke in the canine. “I would be honoured,” He grinned, mimicking his companion’s regal tone to earn a light nudge from the canine he mocked.
    “Shut up,” Hal chuckled, remembering how much he’d missed Poins’ humour. It had been a long time since he’d heard those jibes at his accent, his manner, his walk – and he was beginning to wonder how he could ever go without it.
    “I gots some berries, though,” The Linoone continued, mischievous smirk died down as he gestured over his shoulder. “Been hiding out here for awhile now – built up a nice little stash. C’mon, I’m ‘appy to share,”
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:05 am

((Skip please. Comp's being reeeeaaaally laggy and I'm tired of dealing with it. DX))

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:09 am

Route 28|Morning
    (1)

Ever since the strange power Blink had been fighting to get back to his sanctuary in the mountains. It had been a long and arduous journey but he was almost there. On the other side of what the humans called Mt. Silver was home...peace like the living could never know. The small candle floated through the sparse trees that littered the road to Mt. Silver, morning light shining sparsely on his wax form as he through shadow and light. He loved mornings, they were so peaceful, and with the Epidemic taking most of the noisy creatures to the beyond mornings tended to be even more empty in their silence.

That is, except this morning.

"It's really nice to meet you, Mr Poins. My name is Oliver! I'm so happy..." The rambling continued and caused Blink to seize and float quickly behind one of the trees as he investigated the sound. A small gathering of Pokemon was in the road ahead of him, and he couldn't see a way to get around them without being spotted. Even without his wick lit he was still a stark white against the greenery behind, he would be as easily spotted as a flying Magikarp.

However, unbeknownst to the small Litwick his wick had begun to spark. With more life force gathered in one spot than he had seen in years the ghost simply had no control over it. He didn't even notice as the small flame soon came to life, small at first, but growing steadily as it began trying to take in their energy.

((OOC: Hey guys! Great to be on the team! Hope that Blink brings a good addition to the rp.))
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:36 pm

Route 28/Morning (47)

"I gots some berries, though," Poins said after everyone had made their introductions. Oliver felt the relief embrace him as the prospect of traveling for another few miles without food or water died away. "Been hiding out here for awhile now – built up a nice little stash. C’mon, I’m ‘appy to share." Oliver nodded eagerly and bounded over to join Hal and the Linoone. "Yes please, Mr Poins! Thank you!" he beamed, his tail shaking from side to side as he started to follow Poins, staying close to Hal's side.

As he walked, he noticed something in the corner of his eye. Oliver turned and saw a small blue light in the undergrowth. He squinted to get a better look but then the light slowly started to get brighter. "Hey, look." He stopped walking and pointed his snout to the light. "Something's there. What is it?" He instinctively backed away until he was securely behind Hal's front leg. He hoped with all of his heart that it wasn't another enemy that had come along to ruin things again...

((Lovely to have you here, Phoe!))
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:33 pm

Route 28//Morning
    [12]

Winter watched as Poins gave her the same tilt of the head as she had given him in greetings, and she couldn't help but let a small smile streak across her pretty face. It was good to hear that the Furret had food. Winter couldn't help but let out a sigh of relief. Oliver was quick to thank Poins, which she wasn't really surprised by. "Yes, that would be nice. Thank you." Winter said herself. She hadn't really been this nice to anyone in a long time. She didn't know why, but maybe it was just the good vibe she was getting from the group. Or she just wanted to make a good influence on the young fire type.

"Hey, look." Oliver said suddenly, and Winter looked over in the direction in which he was looking. "Something's there. What is it?" The Mightyena didn't really see anything, though she could soon make out a small blue light.

"I don't know." Winter said as she turned in that direction. "I'll go check it out." She added as she walked over to the light. She knew she had seen this light before, but she couldn't quite remember. It had to have been awhile ago, but she was bound to remember. "Hey, you there. Come out where we can see you." Her tone was stern, and her expression careful as she stood in an almost pouncing position waiting for whatever was hiding to revel itself.
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:40 am

Route 28 || Morning [12][3]

Poins nodded his head at the positive response to his offer, pleased Hal wasn’t accompanying a group of complete stick-in-the-mud’s. Although final judgement would have to wait. The bird still proved a rather bleak presence amongst the overall optimism to mar the Linoone’s immediate impression. Still, if he was as grouchy as he looked, he’d be extra fun to wind up. Hal nudged him with a large paw, grinning.
    “Lead on,”
    “Of course, your majesty,” Poins snickered, earning a rolling of the canine’s blue eyes. Seriously, these royalty jibes never got old. Grinning, he obediently bounded on ahead, the entire convoy in tow.

"Hey, look. Something's there. What is it?"

Hal turned, falling to a halt at Oliver’s ability to notice the smallest of shifts in the area. Following the younger canine’s gaze, his nose quivering in a bid to pick up any foreign scents, the Arcanine was disappointed at his sense's reports – nothing strong enough to be concerned about. Death always lingered in the air nowadays, the Arcanine was sad to admit he’d become accustomed to that foul stench of rot.
    “I ca-“ He stopped mid-sentence, allowing Winter’s analysis of the situation as she fearlessly trotted towards what was a dim glow. Frowning, Hal hadn’t the heart to let the female go alone, his legs subconsciously moving as he trotted to stand protectively a short distance to her side. The Mightyena had adopted a pouncing stance, alarm bells ringing in the Arcanine’s mind at the thought of someone as pristine as her left in a situation where she had to fight. Still, he wasn’t about to interfere. He would provide back-up, lurking in the shadows, ready in the event the stranger emerged with more sinister intentions.

Poins, smirking at Hal’s chivalry and stance ready to defend the pretty canine, merely rolled his eyes at the whole situation. There were loads of them! A group this large and powerful could take on the world. They needn’t trifle themselves with a dim light within the foliage; hell, the poor bastard would be thankful if they simply kept walking. Although the Linoone was in no position to command the group. If they wanted to kill this thing, or rather scare the living daylights out of it, then they could go right ahead. He would wait as patiently as ever, sat quietly aside Oliver.
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:57 pm

Post 7

Route 28| Morning

While Brig was still brand new to this group of pokemon, the moment another lurked in their shadow, he was already formulating a plan to obliterate it should the straggler prove hostile. However, his quick thinking seemed to not be needed as the female trotted right up to the brush where it hid. A frown crossed the old bird's eyes; women folk should keep their noses out of man business. Once his sharp eyes caught the stranger's form, though, his frown turned sour into a scowl. He knew that flickering flame...

With wide, awkward strides only birds could achieve, Brig made his way to the brush, dwarfing the female, casting a shadow over the newcomer. Eyes piercing through the underbrush, he caught small fragments of white and noted the slight smell of fire. He clicked his tongue against the roof of his mouth, taking some steps back to his previous spot. "I know that pokemon," he began, his voice on a more violent edge. "That right there's a Litwick. Suck the soul right out of you if you let 'em. Better we kill it now before it makes us all mindless scum... if you believe in that sort of goose talk." He wasn't sure whether he believed in the tales himself, but there was one of his flock that had been attacked by a chandelure... was never the same after that.

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:06 pm

Route 28|Morning
    (2)

As he heard the others coming for him he cursed his luck, still not entirely sure why they had spotted him in the first place. A white hound approached him and confronted him about coming out of his hiding place but Blink refused to move. He cowered behind his tree and prayed that she would just go away. It was then that he saw something reflecting off the tree and bouncing back onto him. His..his flame! No! But it was too late, soon a massive Braviary was upon him and began telling the others to kill him."That right there's a Litwick. Suck the soul right out of you if you let 'em. Better we kill it now before it makes us all mindless scum... if you believe in that sort of goose talk."

Panic filled Blink as he realized his blunder. He had become careless in his time alone and has lost his firm control of his hellfire. Shutting his eyes firmly he started bashing his head into the tree to try and put it out. A soft whisper could be heard, getting louder with each repetitive blow.
    “No death for life, no death for life.
    I am stronger than my flame.
    I am stronger than my soul.
    Life is precious,
    no death for life.”

Finally, after what felt like an eternity to the small Litwick, Blink finally got his flame to go out. His head was pounding and his wax was deformed, but his flame was out. He let out a small smile and looked up to the others with relief in his eyes, “The hellfire burns no more.”
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:23 pm

Route 28/Morning (48)

Oliver remained behind Hal's leg as Winter went over to the strange light to have a look. He admired her bravery to just casually wander over to something so ominous; his ears lay back against his head and he tensed his small body just in case whatever was there decided to attack.

But the little Pokemon hiding soon revealed itself, and it was a strange creature that Oliver had never seen before. It was clearly another Fire-type judging by the flickering blue flame on its head. Oliver slowly started to step out from behind Hal, but then Brig spoke words that sent a sharp shiver through his pelt: "I know that pokemon. That right there's a Litwick. Suck the soul right out of you if you let 'em. Better we kill it now before it makes us all mindless scum... if you believe in that sort of goose talk." Oliver gasped and re-retreated behind the Arcanine's leg. "H-Huh? Sucks out your soul?" The very idea of such a thing terrified him, and he shuddered to think of what that might feel like. But looking at the small Litwick, it seemed so innocent, so helpless ... In fact, Oliver thought he could sense sadness flickering from it, just in the same way that the flame on its head bore into his eyes...

But then the Litwick began to bang its head against a tree, muttering under his breath. Gasping, Oliver ran out from behind Hal and shouted, "Don't! Stop it! You'll hurt yourself!" After a moment or two, the Litwick stopped and the flame had gone out. Oliver sighed in relief and approached the small Pokemon. "Are you OK? Don't do that again! You'll hurt yourself."
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:22 am

(( Sorry, I didn’t realize Winter was away! Dx ))
    Route 28 || Morning [13][4]

"I know that pokemon. That right there's a Litwick. Suck the soul right out of you if you let 'em. Better we kill it now before it makes us all mindless scum... if you believe in that sort of goose talk."

Hal was a little surprised at the malice seeping from Brigadier’s words, turning his large head to catch the hard expression the bird boasted. Sucks out the soul? Wrinkling his nose, alarmed at this revelation concerning the stranger that had drifted into view, the Arcanine couldn’t have expected a more different sight. The fire-type was tiny, akin to a floating candle as his face screamed fear. Even if he was meant to despise such a creature, Harry would do no such thing when met with such apparent innocence.
    “They can’t be that bad…” He muttered mainly to himself, not wanting to provoke the large avian to an extent where his words wouldn’t be the only source of pain. Eying the eagle-creature, Hal soon made a mental note not to get on his bad side. He boasted a clearly powerful frame, the canine able to predict a dangerous set of battling skills from the hat perched atop his head.

"Don't! Stop it! You'll hurt yourself!”

Snapping his head around at the chanting of the foreign voice, the occasional thud and Oliver’s fearful cry, Hal’s confusion was only heightened to see the stranger furiously trying to quench the flickering flame. Starting, taking steps forward as he wholeheartedly shared the Growlithe’s opinions on the matter, Harry couldn’t stand to witness such self-loathing.
    “Hey!” He called, tone firm but possessing his typical benevolence. Standing alongside the youth he was quickly growing to love, the Arcanine was relieved when the Litwick finally turned to them, wax deformed and flame absent.

“The hellfire burns no more.”

Tilting his head, a frown marring his handsome features, Hal exchanged a look with the intimidating bird. Hellfire? Unsure whether this creature was suffering some sort of mental problem or whether he was just desperately naïve to the power of the species, the canine fell to his haunches, hunched over slightly in a bid to minimize his intimidating stature. With a nod of his head, in agreement with Oliver about actions that hadn’t been necessary, the canine presented the newcomer with one of his signature smiles.
    “You’ve nothing to worry about,” He reassured the creature, radiating a sincere amiability. “I think I speak for everyone when I say those actions aren’t necessary. How about some berries to regain your strength, hm?”
    “Oh, sure, invite everyone along, Hal,” Poins called, tone thick with sarcasm and substantially less regal than his companion. The Arcanine merely shrugged it off, his grin widening a fraction. He needn’t turn to know the Linoone would be mirroring the smirk.

Sat aside Winter during the rather unusual greeting of the new fire-type, Poins divided his attention between shielding his laughter at the candle’s actions and shamelessly checking the shiny canine out. Damn , of all the survivors to end up with, the Linoone was pretty damn happy to spend the days looking upon the Mightyena. Of course, he had no chance with her. That didn’t mean he couldn’t look, however – and that was more than enough.

Grinning over at Hal, trotting forward on all fours to join the bulk of the gathering, his earthy green eyes volleyed about his company. This was no doubt the best thing to have happened in months. He’d been wandering for so long, not used to the isolation of the epidemic world, and all at once, every holiday had arrived. He couldn’t be happier; his weasel-like face a canvas of his joy. Hell, even Sarge was better than nothing! At least he’d be able to get a few laughs out of him. Lazily loitering behind the group, Poins waited with a smirk on his face.
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:48 am

Post 8

Route 28| Morning

Brig had expected some backlash at the news of what kind of pokemon was approaching them. It wasn't every day when a fellow survivor was just as dangerous as one of the rotting retards that now plagued the land. But he knew better. He wasn't going to be fooled by the innocent melting candle bit. He'd seen his fellow men become mere husks or so psychotic that they had to be locked up for everyone's good, including themselves. However, he wasn't quite prepared for the candle's reaction to being fingered out.

He just... started slamming his face against a tree.

Blinking in confusion as the others cried for him to stop, the litwick only ceased when the flame was out, a small smile reaching the ghost's face. "The hellfire burns no more." Quirking a brow, he took a step closer to inspect the now unlit candle. He'd never heard of any pokemon dousing their fire like that, not when the fire was a part of them. His attention was snatched, though, when Hal began speaking, inviting the ghost in. "I think I speak for everyone when I say those actions aren’t necessary."'Speak for yourself, twerp.' "How about some berries to regain your strength, hm?"

"You wanna invite him to tea too, Fruit Basket?" Brig growled, slowly walking away from the scene, searching the immediate area with sharp eyes. "Or how 'bout a romantic dinner for two? He can even supply the candlelight!" Ruffling his feathers and stretching his wings, he turned his growing anxiety to the blind areas of their little troupe. The more he thought on it, the more his mind brought up images of the past, fallen comrades he'd seen, too blank of a slate to even flinch. This thing was capable of rendering all like that, and he wasn't quite ready to live like a meat sack just yet. His eyes continued to scan, something nagging at him that something was missing.

"...By the way..." he began, slowly turning back to Hal and the half-bit Growlithe, "...Didn't there used to be a horse with you?"

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:17 pm

Route 28|Morning
    (3)

The sudden concern of the the two fire types before him struck an odd feeling in Blink, and it made him very uncomfortable. Especially when the small puppy mentioned hurting himself. "That's...kind of the point...isn't it?" The larger dog, looking strikingly similar to the smaller one, tried to offer words of kindness and even offered berries but Blink just stared at him strangely. Did he really think ghosts ate?

The other two reacted appropriately, scorning him and the two canine's strange offers. "Listen to your friends," he told the fellow fire types. "They speak true. My kind are not to be trusted, they are wicked and cruel and will steal the soul you hold so dear. I have fought for years to douse my flame once I saw what it could do, and you have proven to me that it is not enough. Go, now, while you still can." The small Litwick looked down in shame, begging silently for them to head his warning and the large bird's. Even with his taunting...
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:52 pm

Route 28/Morning (49)

Hal welcomed the newcomer to join them for some berries, much to Brig's annoyance. The Braviary's sarcasm almost made Oliver want to giggle, but he managed to keep his face straight. Laughing at the Litwick for acting a little ... strangely was not a nice thing to do. His father had taught him never to make fun of others.

"That's...kind of the point...isn't it?" The Litwick's chilling words scared Oliver and he backed away a little towards Hal. "But ... why would you want to hurt yourself on purpose?" Why would anyone want to do that? Pain was unpleasant and made whoever felt it feel very sad. Wanting to make oneself sad made no sense to the young Growlithe.

But then the little ghost told them all that what Brig had said was true, and warned them to get away. Oliver was shocked to say the least. Whimpering and lowering his tail between his legs he backed away until he bumped into Hal's leg. He looked up at the Arcanine, hoping that he would shed some light on the situation. But I'm supposed to be the leader now ... Isn't it my job to say whether he can come with us or not?

"...By the way..." Brig's voice suddenly cut into his thoughts and he turned to the large bird. "...Didn't there used to be a horse with you?" Oliver tilted his head in confusion to the random question. "Um, yes, there was Miss Armonia, but ... she must've left when Mr Yoru did." He dipped his head at the brief but painful reminder of Yoru's sudden disappearance, leaving him in charge of getting the new group to their destination. "...Why do you ask, Mr Brig?"
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:12 pm

Route 28//Morning
    [13]

Winter had kept silent as the others talked while she kept her eyes on the Litwick. She knew what it was, she didn't need anyone to explain it to her, but she wasn't really listening to what the others had been saying. Though she did perk up when Oliver said something about Armonia, and how she and Yoru had left. "...Why do you ask, Mr Brig?"

Yes, why do you ask? Winter thought as she turned her gaze to the bird, what does he care about the Rapidash, he hardly even knew her, well the Mightyena didn't know her as much either, but she knew her enough.

Taking her gaze off the Braviary she turned her attention back to the Litwick. "I know what your kind are capable of, but that doesn't matter, as long as you don't mean it, I don't see you as being much of a threat." Winter said as nicely as she could, though she her mind was pondering on other things unrelated to the Litwicks problems. "Anyway, do you have a name?"
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:16 am

Route 28 || Morning [14][4]

"You wanna invite him to tea too, Fruit Basket? Or how 'bout a romantic dinner for two? He can even supply the candlelight!"

Hal couldn’t hide the smirk that crawled across his lips, raising his eyebrows challengingly at the sharp-tongued avian. Whilst most pokémon would be annoyed, if not offended by such jibes, for Arcanine, they reminded him of old times in the tavern; the times he loved most. Poins was belly-laughing in the background, a familiar uttereance that was contagious enough to bring a warm smile to the Arcanine’s face. It was astonishing how much noise could come out of a rodent so small!

Giving a short chuckle of his own but ensuring to uphold his regal composure for the sake of the impressionable Growlithe at his side, Hal turned to the canine in time to catch a flicker of amusement on his young face. His own joy only heightening at the pup’s commitment to good manners, Brig’s sarcasm couldn’t have made him happier.

"Listen to your friends. They speak true. My kind are not to be trusted, they are wicked and cruel and will steal the soul you hold so dear. I have fought for years to douse my flame once I saw what it could do, and you have proven to me that it is not enough. Go, now, while you still can."

The candle’s response however was quick to lessen some of Harry’s earlier humour. A light frown hanging over wide, blue eyes, the large fire-type struggled to process the stranger’s warning. The momentary distraction of Oliver’s saddened whimper and collision with Hal’s leg only deepening the canine’s disgruntled expression. Choosing his words carefully, Hal’s head was raised with a natural confidence, narrowed eyes lingering on the Litwick.
    “If you’re so wicked, why would you warn us?” He asked sceptically, essentially kindly. Unable to see the bad in a creature that looked so harmless, the Arcanine was typically stubborn to tolerate such self-loathing, especially with Brigadier’s own support of the stranger’s ‘cruelty’. “Forgive me, but I see no reason to deem you cruel,”

"...By the way ...Didn't there used to be a horse with you?"

Hal, for the sake of courtesy acknowledged the bird’s question with a slow shake of his head, but soon turned to bestow his full attention on the Litwick. Genuinely curious to the creature’s motives, his strange species and their so-called’ malevolence’, the Arcanine half-listened to the conversation around him whilst awaiting some kind of response from his immediate interest. Winter’s own amiability towards the creature gave him a greater sense of hope, a small smile lighting handsome features.

(( Skipping Poins. He’s just sitting there, lol. ))
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:04 am

Post 9

Route 28| Morning

"Um, yes, there was Miss Armonia, but ... she must've left when Mr Yoru did." Brig frowned at the Growlithe's reply, glancing back to the small mound where the other charred mightyena lay. These gits were just MIA-happy, weren't they? Abandoning their posts to go on fucking holiday on the beach. "Why do you ask?"

His reply was nothing but honesty. Pure, unadulterated. muttering honesty. Tryin' to find the leader of this outfit. Thought you said she was." He clicked his beak, somewhat glad that a female was no longer at the helm. Maybe they'd stop running into shit luck without her. He turned back to the group, eyes going right to the litwick once more who was oddly enough warning them against his soul-stealing flame. Some new sort of pity-tactic it seemed, as Hal immediately fell for it.

"If you’re so wicked, why would you warn us? Forgive me, but I see no reason to deem you cruel." Brig snorted, flaring his wings a little to dispel some of his tension.

"Because he knows you'll fall for it, that's why," Brig growled, glaring down at the innocent little candle. 'Innocent my feathery ass. This ghost is full of bullshit and everyone's eating it up like fucking cake!' An annoyed growl escaped him as he began pacing, unwilling to accept the fact that he may soon have a soul-sucker for a comrade. If he were in command, this wouldn't fly. It crossed his mind that he could just take over; announce himself leader and drop the candle off in some pond or something. But looking at his odds, unknowing of his allies' strengths, he wasn't too sure of his victory. That was enough to stay his claws.

Another grunt of frustration escaped him as he turned to the group once more. "Look, whoever's got the Big Boy pants around here, make a decision. Daylight's wastin', and we shouldn't stay too long in one place. You want him to go? Fine. You want him to stay? Fine. Just pick and let's move."

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:03 am

Route 28|Morning
    (4)

"But ... why would you want to hurt yourself on purpose?" 'So I don't hurt you...' Blink wanted to explain to the small pup but couldn't. He knew the other wouldn't understand. The large Braviary had the right of it, his kind were evil and should be avoided at all cost. If ghosts weren't already dead he would have ended it to spare the world his evil. But he couldn't...and it wasn't for lack of trying. Ghosts tended to be only able to pass with the infection, as he had seen some of them on his way back up the mountain fade away after going on rampages and never returning.

But choosing that route would undo what he was trying to accomplish, so that was no way out. Becoming infected would mean that he would purposely hurt people, steal their souls and kill them. He didn't want that. He wanted exactly the opposite. "I know what your kind are capable of, but that doesn't matter, as long as you don't mean it, I don't see you as being much of a threat." What was wrong with these living creatures? Did they not get that he was evil incarnate? "Anyway, do you have a name?" Huh?

"Umm...they used to-I mean...I'm...Blink..." Why did they want something to call him? They were just going to leave him here anyway so there wasn't much point. He certainly wasn't going to bother learning their names, seeing as how they would be leaving shortly. He hoped. The Braviary started accusing him of trickery and while he could say that was a tactic for many of his kind, it wasn't the reason he was telling them. He just wanted them to go away. "Look, whoever's got the Big Boy pants around here, make a decision. Daylight's wastin', and we shouldn't stay too long in one place. You want him to go? Fine. You want him to stay? Fine. Just pick and let's move."

Go? With them? Wha..."NO!"
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:16 pm

Route 28/Morning (50)

"Tryin' to find the leader of this outfit. Thought you said she was." "The ... leader?" Even though Oliver had considered himself to be the new leader since he was the only one who was left from the original group, he felt embarrassed to admit it. After all, he was just a pup. Lowering his head and gazing up at Brig with solemn eyes, he chose his words carefully. "W-Well yeah ... Miss Armonia and Mr Yoru were our leaders before they ... went away. I thought that I-I was the new leader, but I don't know ... I might be too little." It seemed almost strange that the youngest member of the group was the leader when there were Pokemon like Brig or Hal that would do a much better job and who knew more than he did about ... well, everything.

Meanwhile, the little candle had introduced himself as Blink. "I'm Oliver, it's nice to meet you," the small canine said, giving Blink a friendly nod. He was just trying to figure out what to say next when Brig decided to step up once more. "Look, whoever's got the Big Boy pants around here, make a decision. Daylight's wastin', and we shouldn't stay too long in one place. You want him to go? Fine. You want him to stay? Fine. Just pick and let's move." Oliver had to admit that the Braviary had a point, and was starting to dislike having been in the same area for a while; no doubt the monsters would start to sense their presence soon enough, and the fight with that Onix the previous day had left Oliver with a slight bump on the top of his head where he had repeatedly rammed at its solid hide with Flame Wheel. Of course, he hadn't complained to the others about that - grown ups took care of their own problems.

Oliver opened his mouth and then closed it again, unsure of whether he actually had any say on the matter. However, Blink then cried, "NO!" and only troubled the small pup further. "We don't mind if you come with us, Mr Blink," he said earnestly, trying to manage a smile. "But..." Turning to his older companions, he looked them all in the eye. "It's not my choice to make ... is it?"
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:28 pm

((Skip! Winter is not really doing or saying anything, and if I did make a post it would just be her sitting there and potraying what is already happening.))
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:25 am

Route 28 || Morning [15][5]

"Because he knows you'll fall for it, that's why,"

Hal, receiving no direct answer from his intended target, turned tiredly to the disgruntled avian. Unable to uphold neither his pristine smile nor a challenging smirk, the Arcanine could see he was fighting a losing battle. Perhaps the eagle had a point. Maybe this harmless little candle-creature was a soul-sucking demon. But until he could see it with his own eyes, Harry remained famously sceptical. However, Winter seemed to get through to the shy, self-loathing stranger. A small, appreciative smile hit his features as his gaze fell to the shiny canine, pleased that she’d at least succeeded in coaxing a name out of their latest addition. Blink, although an unusual choice, was nothing to heighten the canine’s concern.

"Look, whoever's got the Big Boy pants around here, make a decision. Daylight's wastin', and we shouldn't stay too long in one place. You want him to go? Fine. You want him to stay? Fine. Just pick and let's move."

Of course, Brigadier had to jeopardize what little progress the group had been making with demands for control. Hal, instantly opposed to the mindset of superiority, a single leader, gave a huff of distaste. A firm believer in democracy, the Arcanine straightened up, struggling to disguise his abhorrence to the idea of having a single person decide the fate of a group, let alone an entire kingdom as his father had done. Poins, noticing the minute shift in his friend, tiptoed to the canine’s side, a grin on his features as he nudged the fire-type’s leg comfortingly. Hal met the weasel’s expression with a small smile of his own.

"NO!"

Flinching at the loud, harsh cry of the candle, Poins and Hal looked to the panicked creature, sharing a look of confusion.
    “What’s with these people?” The Linoone muttered quietly, gaze volleying between the fire-type and Braviary. Oliver spoke up then, inviting the stranger along before hesitantly addressing the rest of the group for their own opinions on the matter. The Arcanine’s face practically lit up at the pup’s words, seeing more and more of himself in the young canine with each passing moment. Nodding his head, Hal nudged the Growlithe gently, almost paternally with a paw. A true leader listened to his followers, immersed himself in their world and learnt to realize that every voice was worth hearing.
    “I have no objections,”
    “Yeah, whatever – seems fine to me,” Poins smirked, leaning against his companion’s foreleg as his eyes roamed the jittery newcomer. Certainly a strange one, but what the hell, if he was of any sound mind, he’d leap at the chance of food and company. If he refused, it was probably for the best; didn’t want a complete madman lurking in the shadows.
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:24 am

Post 10

Route 28| Morning

"NO!"

Brig stood, unflinching as the ghost cried out in protest against the little pup's suggestion he follow along. The indecision here, the ambiguity was beginning to grate on the bird's nerves, and though he enjoyed living company for what seemed years, these civilians were so backwards and confused, he wasn't sure whether he should just kill them off before some lamebrain did, or lead them to be better than this. Squabbling around like a flock of Swanna over a speck of obvious Charlie; this wasn't even ridiculous anymore. It was downright embarrassing.

He didn't try to hide that his patience was wearing thin, but the little pup soon spoke up, answering his earlier question. "W-Well yeah ... Miss Armonia and Mr Yoru were our leaders before they ... went away. I thought that I-I was the new leader, but I don't know ... I might be too little." The braviary turned to give Oliver a stare that even he wasn't sure was comprised of more: fury, confusion, or shock. 'HIM?! That little brat?!' Oh, Legends, the HELL?! "We don't mind if you come with us, Mr Blink," Pup continued. "But..." He paused, taking a moment to look at them each in turn. "It's not my choice to make ... is it?"

Brig frowned, already making his choice obvious. While the pup had somewhat shown responsibility, he was still too young and green to lead an entire flock of pokemon like this. No training, no nothing. Sure, he'd survived, but that meant they were all qualified to lead. Still, Brig recognized that the topic was still on the ghost and whether he should stay or not. Brig's mind was still made, though Hal spoke first. “I have no objections,” the fire dog stated.

“Yeah, whatever – seems fine to me,” his weasel companion agreed.

"Course you would," Brig growled, shifting his weight from side to side, his body already anxious from being in one spot too long. They needed to get moving. At this rate, he valued movement over the ghost, his head swiveling around to further survey his surroundings. Just as he thought, however, there was movement, not too far south. He clicked his beak, angry that they weren't making progress. "Ladies, we need to move. We're about to get swarmed, and I don't think they'll stop to let us finish our fucking tea." He gave one look to the ghost, the past images of its evolutionary cousins flashing through his mind before he began to walk. 'You won't fool me.'

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:16 pm

Route 28|Morning
    (5)

He couldn't believe what he was hearing. They all, except the Braviary, had no sense. They wanted him to go with them? Why? Didn't they hear anything he had said? Blink floated there nervously, unsure what he was supposed to do with that kind of information. He had never wanted to be around others, for fear of his inner demon coming loose and taking their souls, but he had been finding getting back up the mountain increasingly difficult.

If he had help...

But he couldn't risk their lives. If he was to travel with them there had to be some sort of insurance policy. He ignored the others and brushed past, heading straight for the Braviary and settling right in front of his face. "You," he began. "You are the only one who can see what monsters my kind are, so I have to entrust this to you." Peering over the large bird's back to look at the others with concern he continued. "I need to get back up the mountain to a small glen that was unaffected by all this. In fact, the only reason I even discovered all of this mess was some strange power that just pulled me somewhere else. If I get back there I can be no danger to anyone..." Turning to face the Braviary dead on once more his expression became very serious.

"I need your word that if I lose myself before I get there, if I even flicker, you will not hesitate to kill me."
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:00 pm

Route 28/Morning (51)

By the way that Brig was staring at him with an expression that Oliver couldn't decide as either confusion or downright disbelief, he concluded that the Braviary did not like the idea of him being the leader. That was silly of me... He gulped and his ears drooped against the side of his head in embarrassment. How could he have even thought that he would make a good leader? I guess I just thought that Mr Yoru would be proud of me ... but if I was the leader I would only make things worse...

Both Hal and Poins said that they had no objections to Blink going along with them. "I don't either," Oliver added in a low voice, padding over to stand next to the Arcanine. Brig then suggested that they got moving in case they were attracting too much attention. Oliver nodded obediently and began to wander along with the others. He glanced behind him to see that Blink was talking to Brig in hushed tones, and waited for a moment to allow them to catch up when they were done.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:38 pm

Route 28//Morning
    [14]

No one but the Braviary seemed to object to the Litwik coming along with them. Winter could really care less if it came along with them or not. She simply sat silently at the edge of the group while they talked about what to do with him. Winter really didn't have anything to add to the matter, so she kept her mouth shut till she had something to add.

"I need your word that if I lose myself before I get there, if I even flicker, you will not hesitate to kill me." Blink said, talking to Brig of course, but Winter couldn’t help but nod her head as well to what the Litwik said. He was probably the first of his kind she had come across that didn’t wish to take the soul right out of one’s body. She found it strange, but she knew that each pokemon had there own way of thinking. Like her, she was nice, though she had her temper which showed whenever she got annoyed enough.

((Short post ): ))
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:28 pm

Route 28 || Morning [16][6]

"Course you would. Ladies, we need to move. We're about to get swarmed, and I don't think they'll stop to let us finish our fucking tea."

Poins gave an audible snort at Brigadier’s response, his expression one of flippant disbelief as he nudged Hal. Unable to comprehend why this overtly pompous slave-driver was considered good company, never mind the so-called demonic Litwick, the Linoone peered close to the canine’s lowered head.
    “Who shoved a Cacturne up his ass?” He snickered mischievously. Although the eagle wasn’t about to evoke the weasel’s lacking temper, Poins was growing increasingly conscious of the bird’s irksome attitude. He had a point about the undead, of course, but it was nothing they hadn’t seen before. Loosen up, Sarg.
    “Behave, Poins,” Hal replied in a whisper, his tone of light-hearted scolding. Poins waved him away with a paw, straightening himself up in unison with his towering companion.

Blink and Brig were talking, the candle’s hushed words unintelligible to the Arcanine, yet he made no effort to eavesdrop. His cerulean gaze lingered on the pair a moment, concerned the bird would snap and have the whole matter solved with murder. Yet Hal put his fears aside and turned to Oliver with a grin. He looked glum, the bird’s delightful sarcasm seemingly having an effect on his sunny disposition. Keen to restore the spritely attitude of the pup, a rarity in these times, Hal smiled as he lowered his head.
    “A boss says ‘go’,” He spoke kindly, expression gentle. “But a leader says ‘let’s go,” Raising his head, almost paternal in his nature as he looked down at the Growlithe, the canine’s attention shifted to Poins who, finished stretching out his lithe body, was prepared to move on.
    “Come on, then,” The Linoone called, trotting off on all fours. “I ain’t got shelter for the big boys, but there’s enough berries for everyone,”

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 3:00 pm