Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+8
Suicune
Mewtwo
renegade
Drago
Min
Houndoom
Abysswalker
Snitch
12 posters

The UNDERGROUND Team

Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

The UNDERGROUND Team - Page 15 Empty Re: The UNDERGROUND Team

Post by Starbits Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:38 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

National Park | Afternoon | 16/4

The fire was roaring everywhere. But what was worse was the smoke.

"Stay low to the ground." That's how you're supposed to avoid smoke. But there's fire down there! And flying further up isn't going to solve anything! I just need to keep going straight...

The Charizard rambled to himself, using his own words to try to stay conscious and focused. Felix needed fresh air. His tiny body would succumb must faster than Roderick's. But where to go!?

A voice...

Was it a voice...? The dragon paused and hovered, eyes frantically darting around at the forest just below. He was positive he heard something!

(OOC: Skipping Felix this round.)

oh, captain, let's make a deal
    where we both say the things that we both really feel
    i feel scared and i'm starting to sink
    and i'll only sink deeper the deeper i think

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]||[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]||[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]19 Badges[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    little fairy

Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:26 pm

National Park | Afternoon | 17

The Absol followed him. He wasn't too surprised.

"Are you okay?! Tell me what I can do to help!"

He slowed down just a bit as he heard her call out.

"I'm alright!" He looked behind him, watching her come into view. "But we have to move fast! Come on!" He picked up speed again. They were getting close to the others. They couldn't slow down.

"Can you hear me?!" He leapt over a fallen tree in his path. The smoke made it hard to see, but he knew which way he was going. Never before did he feel so thankful for his ability. If only he was a little more heat-proof...

"This way!" Forcing himself to shout amiss the smoke was burning his lungs and throat, making him cough. But he kept shouting. He had to. He had to find them.

Just up ahead. Movement.

"Over here! This way!"
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:30 pm

National Park| |Afternoon

"I'm alright! But we have to move fast! Come on!" When the Lucario came into view, the Absol gave a hefty sigh of relief. With a nod, the dark-type began to sprint faster, evading the falling branches lit ablaze. The growing heat bathed her pelt, Penn's muscles tensing at the temperature. The thick smoke blinding her vision as she trudged through it. Following the steel-types example, she decided to call out to whatever survivors there were in the wildfire. "Survivors! Can you hear me! Are you alright!?" she shouts, ears open for any reply.

"This way!" Following the voice, the smoke now almost too thick to see through, the Absol moved swifly. She leaped over a blazing log, claws tingling as the fire reached out with greedy hands to claim her body. "Over here! This way!" The dark-type struggled to keep up, dodging the fire that surrounded her. She winced as a flame launched itself from a branch, catching the tip of her tail. Gritting her teeth, she kept following, on the lookout for any living.
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:00 pm

(OOC: Skip. Too tired to post right. Will edit into proper post later.)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]||[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]||[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]19 Badges[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    little fairy

Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:05 pm

National Park | Afternoon | 18

Aushan kept doing his best to steer him and the Absol away from more dangerous areas of the blaze as they charged through the flaming forest. Trees were falling and the fire was spreading. At this rate, there would be no forest left.

A flare of crackling heat leapt up to his right, nearly catching him by surprise. His pelt singed at the flames and he barely bit back a yip. They needed out of the fire.

The others weren't too far. They just had to keep going...

((OOC: Bad post. Sorry. I'm not feeling it right now.))
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:05 pm

[OOC: Skip.]
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:26 pm

National Park | Afternoon | 17/5

"Over here! This way!"

"Survivors! Can you hear me! Are you alright!?"

The Charizard paused for a moment in the air, heart pounding. Could it really be...?

"I'm here! We're okay! I can't see or smell you; too much smoke! His mind was speeding a mile a second. "Go north! Both of you go north! We don't have a chance at regrouping until we can see or smell each other, and we can't do that until we get out of this fire! And the fire can't stretch on forever!

"I know that guy! I KNOW THAT GUY!" Felix roared to life in his arms, the tiny canine having recognized the voice of his evolution. "I kn-know-" The shouts were smothered with coughs.

"Don't talk unless necessary! You'll use up too much breath! That goes for all of you! If used in a different context, the command could have been rather funny, what with him ordering them around as if they were all Felix's age. But given the dire circumstances, and the terror seeping through the seams of the faux calmness to his tone, it wasn't to be taken lightly.

The dragon beat his wings hard and resumed flying as fast as he was capable of in his chosen direction. Hopefully, they could escape the fire and regroup on the other side...

little fairy

Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:37 pm

Natio5nal Park | Afternoon | 19

"I'm here! We're okay! I can't see or smell you; too much smoke! Go north! Both of you go north! We don't have a chance at regrouping until we can see or smell each other, and we can't do that until we get out of this fire! And the fire can't stretch on forever!"

Thank goodness. They were okay.

He glanced back at the Absol.
    "Did you hear that? Let's move!"

He ran North as instructed, listening as the Charizard spoke again, addressing the Riolu as he tried to speak, and telling them all not to talk. Fair enough. They needed to conserve what little air they have.

Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:43 pm

"I'm here! We're okay! I can't see or smell you; too much smoke! Go north! Both of you go north! We don't have a chance at regrouping until we can see or smell each other, and we can't do that until we get out of this fire! And the fire can't stretch on forever!" Penelope's eyes lit up when she heard the voice. There was hope! "I know that guy! I KNOW THAT GUY!" the child's voice made her eyes widen. The kid's alright. a wave of relief swept over her.

"Did you hear that? Let's move!" Looking at the Lucario, whom she could barely see midst the fallen debris and smoke, she nods. "Right!" she says, before following the Aura Pokemon's silhouette and towards the North, evading the flames that grew at a swift pace.
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:39 pm

National Park | Afternoon | 18/6

Roderick stopped glancing downwards in hopes of catching a glimpse of the other survivors; the smoke stung his eyes too much, and the black stuff was too thick to see through anyway. All he could do was hope they would make it.

"Mmmm... tired..." The little one in his arms shifted to bury his face in his chest. Roderick's heart missed a beat and he shook the child.

"No! Felix listen to me; you have to stay awake! Open your eyes! The ruby colored eyes opened and fixed themselves lazily on the dragon's face. "Good boy. Keep them open. You have to keep them open. It's very important, Fee.

"Why...?"

Talking would keep the boy awake. "Because, if you go to sleep, the smoke might overtake you... and that would be very... very... bad... He swallowed hard and hugged his nephew closer. Bad indeed.

"... I would die."

It was not a question. Roderick started a bit to here such language from Felix, and he glanced down at him; a somber little face stared back up. Roderick was used to Felix occasionally perceiving something children of his age normally wouldn't; due to their ability to sense emotions, Riolus normally had the burden of growing up much faster than other children.

But it saddened him beyond what words could express that a little one so young now understood that death was not merely a monster hiding in the closet, but a real and dangerous thing. A child shouldn't have to know how fragile morality really was...

There! His thoughts were interpreted by the sight of the smoke thinning, and rapidly; they were almost there!

And then, suddenly, no fire; they had outflown it. Refraining from landing, hoping the others would see him if he remained flying, Roderick hovered in the air, rocking the little boy in his arms absentminded.

little fairy

Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:32 am

National Park | Afternoon | 20

The fire and smoke was really starting to get to him; being surrounded by his weakness was not good for him. But they were almost out. He could see the aura of the dragon feel relief upon exiting the blaze. They weren't far from the safe area. They just had to keep running.

"We're almost out! Come on!" He coughed hard at the use of his air among the smoke, but he pressed onward. They couldn't stop. "We don't have much farther to go!"

He threw a glance back over his shoulder at the Absol, making sure she was still close, and still following.
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:34 pm

[OOC: Skip. Penn is following.]
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:40 am

Woods west of the National park | Afternoon (14)
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

After hours, a day actually, not that he kept count of these things now, the infected Drapion known simply as Gula had stumbled through various woods. At first, he pondered if he'd ever be able to find a new meal! But, upon looking up near a clearing, the Drapion had found a prosepctive sight: smoke. Where there was smoke, there was fire! Or some thick, mouth-watering pokemon throwing down some sort of orb, as he learned in the Mountains near Blackthorne. But, a scent of burning grass confirmed that it was indeed fire. A fleeing Caterpie scurried by the Ogre Scorp, only for it to be snatched up and devoured by the infected pokemon next to it.

With a fresh meal on his tongue and renewed vigor, Gula pressed on through the woods he found himself in. The smoke was the place to go, for there would be pokemon there. Panicked pokemon. Panicked pokemon who couldn't see. Panicked pokemon who could be separated from prying eyes. Pokemon that would make an excellent meal. Shuddering at the thought of his prospective bounty, Gula barreled forward with out a sound, save for his own heavy breathing.

((OoC: Hello everyone! Gula is now on the team! I'm sure he'll be glad to eat you-, imeanwut, meet you! >:D))
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:33 am

National Park | Afternoon | 19/7

They still weren't there yet...

Arceus; I hope they're okay... The dragon bit his lip nervously, slowly lowering himself to the ground; his wings ached and needed rest. Very badly.

"Why aren't they here yet...? I thought my evolution was fast..." Felix turned worried eyes up at the adult, whimpering when Roderick winced and merely patted his head. It was body language for: "I have no idea why."

They gotta be okay... I just met them, so they have to be okay. Felix nodded to himself. Because. Just because. I hope they get out of the fire soon though; it must be really hot and uncomfortable and even ignoring the heat, it was just hard to breathe... The little canine winced. Plus my evolution gains steel, right? So it's gotta be even worse for him... ohmygosh can he actually melt now that he's part steel type!?

Felix stared wide eyed at the mental image of a blue, black, and yellow puddle, and fervently hoped that Lucarios couldn't melt.

Because that would hurt. And be gross.

What am I gonna do if they don't come out soon...? Roderick began to pace. If it were just me, I could go back in and look for them for a little bit... but I can't; I have Felix. I can't take him with me, and I can't leave him alone out here, either...

The dragon could only silently pray that the others would save him the trouble of making such a difficult choice by escaping the burning forest soon.

Last edited by Starprincess13 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:28 am; edited 3 times in total

little fairy

Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:16 pm

National Park | Afternoon | 20

A little bit farther, and they made it through the fire to the clear air. The Lucario coughed as his lungs quickly tried to replace the smoke for fresh air, looking over his shoulder again to double-check that the Absol hadn't fallen behind. He then looked at the other two, who were out of the blaze already and waiting for them.

Safe. They made it out. They were safe again. At least for now.

"Are you alright? Is he alright?" He spoke to the Charizard and tried to calm his nerves as his breathing slowly evened out. If he never was close to another fire again, it would be too soon.
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:28 pm

The Absol stumbled through the blaze, desperately trying to keep up as the fire licked her pale fur. She wheezed in an attempt to catch even the tiniest breath of fresher air, but the smoke instead forced its way inside. Coughing, the Absol fell forward and rolled, finally out of the forest. Her pelt was covered in soot and tingles with the eat of a thousand suns, and she gingerly peeled open her green eyes before panting. She inhaled a deep, shaky breath of pure oxygen, one that she needed badly. I'm never doing that again...

She looks up and smiles when she sees the child, a small Riolu, safe and sound. "Thank goodness..." Penn mumbled, slowly trying to stand. "We're alive..." she fell back to the ground, legs weak and aching in pain. Silently she looked back to the growing wildfire. "We should try to get out of here as soon as possible...who knows how far that fire will spread."
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:25 am

((Sorry guys, but I'm gonna have to skip for now...I'm essentially in between a rock and a hard place with my boss right now...))
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:06 pm

National Park | Afternoon | 20/8

The dragon groaned with relief as the Lucario and the Absol emerged from the treeline, looking hot, exhausted, and breathless, but otherwise fine.

A miracle, indeed.

"Are you alright? Is he alright?" The canine's eyes snapped from the dragon to the child. He looked a mess, panting from the exertion of running that much with eyes that were a little too wide. Steel type, of course. The fire had been particularly nerve wracking for him because of his second typing. The dragon gave him a sympathetic look, turning his head slightly as the Absol murmured something a little too quietly for him to pick up on.

"We should try to get out of here as soon as possible...who knows how far that fire will spread."

"We're both fine, thankfully. And yes, agreed. None of us wants to do that again anytime soon." He eyed the sitting and slightly shaking female. "But... you two don't look very well... would you like to ride on my back? You need rest..."

"His back's comfty!" Felix chimed in with his own opinion, smiling but looking a bit nervously behind his two new friends, as if expecting the fire to leap out at them any minute.

"Once we get to a safe place we can make some actual plans, but let's get on the road first before we start introductions..."

little fairy

Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:23 pm

National Park | Afternoon | 21

The Lucario resisted an urge to sit down as the Absol quietly commented that they should leave.
    Right. Leaving was a good plan. Staying away from the fire was even better.

"We're both fine, thankfully.
    Good. That was good. But the Charizard was still talking.
    "And yes, agreed. None of us wants to do that again anytime soon. But... you two don't look very well... would you like to ride on my back? You need rest..."

Ride. On the dragon's back? For real?

"His back's comfy!"

They were serious.

"Once we get to a safe place we can make some actual plans, but let's get on the road first before we start introductions..."

Serious about riding a dragon's back.
    He should be glad for the offer; he was strained and tired from the run through the burning forest. A rest would be nice.
    But to ride on a dragon's back? Well, it would certainly be a first.

"Thank you for the offer." He dipped his head to the Charizard. "I think a rest is just was I need right now." His lungs still hurt from the strain, and he felt rather heat-sick now that the adrenaline was leaving his system. And tired.
    "I appreciate it."

With a movement a bit less fluid than normal, he pulled himself up onto the great dragon's back, settling down there.
    Felix was right about it being comfy up there.
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:54 pm

"We're both fine, thankfully. And yes, agreed. None of us wants to do that again anytime soon. But... you two don't look very well... would you like to ride on my back? You need rest..." the Absol managed a half-hearted smile, dangerously swaying as she got up. Her mind was foggy and dizzy from the immense smoke, throat still burning from the tainted air. She swore that if she had been in the fire any longer she surely would've fainted. "His back's comfty!" the Riolu's cheery voice was victorious in making the dark-type giggle, grinning before nodding. "I'm sure it is--thank you."

"Once we get to a safe place we can make some actual plans, but let's get on the road first before we start introductions..." she smiled her agreement, trachea too tired to produce a sound. "Thank you for the offer. I think a rest is just was I need right now. I appreciate it." as the Lucario got comfortable on the fire-type's back, Penn slowly brought herself to get on, claws gently gripping at his scales for balance as she sat on his back. "Again, thank you."
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:44 am

National Park | Afternoon | 21/9

The Lucario seemed a bit... confused, or perhaps apprehensive at the offer. The Absol had no such problems, happily thanking the dragon for the offer and giggling at Felix's proclamation at how comfortable his back was. The little canine giggled when she did.

It wasn't long before the Lucario's features shifted into the positive. And thank goodness. They were both exhausted looking. They both needed the rest.

Roderick moved Felix to his back so he could start to walk, the Riolu shifting around to face the Lucario and Absol, smiling cheerily at them.

"So." It was a bit awkward, the circumstances of their meeting, and it felt even weirder to aparently be leading the actions of this group. "My wings kinda hurt, so we're gonna walk for a bit. After that we'll see about flying. Or if we find any undead. Then we're flying."

And his wings be damned, too.

"Uh... so... yeah... that's pretty much it.. Name's Roderick..."

"I'm Felix." Normally the introduction would be more enthusiastic but Felix was much more concerned with the awkwardness and nervousness his uncle's Aura was emulating. "And he's my Uncle Roddy."

"I don't really have any particular place in mind... any suggestions? Your names would be great, too..."

little fairy

Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu May 02, 2013 8:22 am

National Park | Afternoon | 22

Aushan relaxed and tried not to be lulled by the slight movement as they traveled, listening to the dragon talk and nodded in understanding when he spoke of walking instead of flying unless it was needed. He introduced himself, the young Riolu following his example.

"I don't really have any particular place in mind... any suggestions? Your names would be great, too..."

"Well, my name is Aushan. And I don't really have a plan in mind... But Ecruteak is just North of us, right? I believe it's the closest city." He wasn't entirely sure of course, but he was also very tired. "Unless you have a better idea?" He looked to the Absol; what was her name again? He was positive she said it before all hell broke loose, but he couldn't recall it over the inferno that happened so quickly.
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Mon May 06, 2013 4:57 pm

"My wings kinda hurt, so we're gonna walk for a bit. After that we'll see about flying. Or if we find any undead. Then we're flying." the Absol nods in acknowledgement, breathing deeply as she watched the flames behind them spread. The light of the fire was bright and tantalizing, dancing to the sound of it's own crackle. "Uh... so... yeah... that's pretty much it.. Name's Roderick..." her eyes look back to the Charizard. "I'm Felix. And he's my Uncle Roddy." she smiled. "Great to meet you two."

"I don't really have any particular place in mind... any suggestions? Your names would be great, too..." the Absol looked back to the forests in thought, listening as the Lucario spoke. "Well, my name is Aushan. And I don't really have a plan in mind... But Ecruteak is just North of us, right? I believe it's the closest city. Unless you have a better idea?" the dark-type nods her agreement. "My name's Penelope, but please, call me Penn." she introduced herself, before a mischievous smile appeared on her lips. "Ecruteak...city of ghosts. Sounds interesting. I don't have any better ideas, so why not?"
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Fri May 24, 2013 9:40 pm

National Park | Afternoon | 22/10

"Gh-ghosts?"

The little canine's ears pricked up at the Absol's words, eyes growing wide before returning to normal, the boy puffing out his chest. "N-no problem. We can handle ghosts."

His uncle smiled a touch, amused by his childishness. "Ghosts don't exist, Fee. Only ghost types. And if there are any there, they won't be a city full of them. It'd be possible if we were heading to, say, Lavender Town of Kanto, but we're not."

"So... no ghosts?"

"No ghosts." He sighed for a moment. "Though, I don't know what we will find there. Definitely not humans... but the humans evacuated for a reason. Cities aren't safe, or they would have stayed in them. If we look hard enough we might find a place where we can all live safely, maybe even find the humans, but I don't think we'll find it in a city..."

He swallowed and shuddered, recalling how the undead thrived in the city environment. Forests were no good, either. An aquatic enviorment, like a place with many lakes, rivers, or a beach would also be problematic; tainted water. Grasslands? But he didn't know where those were, and those could be tough too... no trees to slow down infected chasing after them, no shelter either. Yeah. I don't think we will will ever find a safe place. There's just too many of them and they adapt too well. But I can't SAY that... because what's the other option? Suicide, basically...

It was the sad truth, but suicide wasn't a notion he'd oppose... if it were only him. His life would be meaningless. But that wasn't the case. He had two others, as well as his own nephew. And a promise he'd made to his brother, as well as the rest of his family... they were so large in number; surely one had to have lived, at least.

As long as Fee was alive, his resolve to live was cemented. Even if they didn't find a safe place and get to rebuild their lives in a stable environment, he owed this child who trusted him so much the best possible care he could provide.

He didn't want to dwell on what his next move would be if the child should die. Truthfully, he feared the answer.

Because if he failed someone this dear to him again, clearly he wasn't going to be able to save anyone else.

"A-anyway... maybe we should just... stop to see if there are any supplies left? Before moving on...?"

little fairy

Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 26, 2013 7:20 pm

National Park | Afternoon | 23

City of ghosts. That was right. Hard to forget a title like that.

"A-anyway... maybe we should just... stop to see if there are any supplies left? Before moving on...?"

Was it just him, or did it seem that the dragon was nervous..? If he wasn't so tired, he might have looked deeper into the matter.

"That would probably be for the best. We don't know how bad things are going to be when we get there." The canine stifled a yawn, struggling to fight off the exhaustion now. "Just see what's left to gather and get moving. It probably won't be safe enough to stay there for long." Even if they really needed a place to crash for the night.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 9:04 am