Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+9
Snitch
Jay
Meloetta
Mew
Catalyst
Negative10
Silverishness
Fox
Drago
13 posters

The CINNABAR Team

Storm
    Storm
    Rookie
    Rookie

The CINNABAR Team - Page 11 Empty Re: The CINNABAR Team

Post by Storm Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:40 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Mansion Basement || Afternoon

Zeus didn’t understand, but the human suddenly started getting angry, giving him a hate filled stare and her hair looking as though it was on end from the rage emanating from her. The Jolteon did nothing but return the stare. His miss matched eyes just as filled with hate. He flinched a little when he saw her punch the table, sending splinters in all directions from the impact, her fist now bloody, though she didn’t seem to notice, or care.
    Zeus’ fur twitched when the human got up and walked over to him, her eyes not leaving him, and his not leaving her.
    "Never, EVER, call Pokemon pets again. I don't have pets you fucker I have partners. I have family. Something you obviously have no concept of. And when someone threatens or insults my family, dipshit? I kill them. No warning, no regret. So go ahead... Say it again." She said, as though she expected him to say it again.

Zeus didn’t say anything for a moment, but his teeth where now clenched. She thought of them as partners? Ryan was the only one he knew that treated his team like partners. All the other trainers he met treated there pokemon like nothing but pets. "Partners? Partners!? Don‘t make me laugh!" He growled, standing up again, his fur on edge. "I‘ve seen and been with to many humans who never thought as there pokemon as partners, why should you be any different? So you say it, but is it true?" He added, his gaze burning as he looked into the humans eyes.
    The Jolteon looked away for a moment to gaze at the other pokemon in the room. Mostly to the Absol who seemed to have know the human best before returning his gaze to the human. For some reason, deep down, Zeus wanted to believe it, that there was another human that treated there pokemon as friends, but he had to much hate for humans to even try and give them a chance.

(( Sorry for the late post, I’ve been busy. ))
    Drago
    Drago
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Drago Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:36 am

Mansion Basement | Last known time: Afternoon

Drago exhauled softly. Insults were flying back and forth between the various parties. He stood quietly to the side as the situation grew more and more tense. Silently, he nodded in admiration for the human's speech about partners. She was blunt and straightforward. Drago could respect that. The spikey guy- Zeus, he said his name was, was more troublesome. He obviously had some shit in his past that was freaking him out now, but it was not the time for some stranger to burst in like that, threaten everyone's safety, and just continue spitting venomous words like that. Eyes narrowing, Drago tried to think of the best way to diffuse the situation. He saw none.

Frown growing larger, he finally decided on a course of action. If they were so intent on fighting, they should just get it over with. They gained nothing by being down her and spitting words at each other. All it did was lower morale and make the others uncomfortable. "Fine then." He said, looking at all three involved in turn. "If you guys want to fight so badly, take it upstairs. Don't kill us all down here. Hell, if you're so intent on it, I'll fucking referee, give you all a nice clean match." He said the last sarcastically. If his guess was correct, they had no more intention of fighting fairly with each other than he had of going ice-fishing. Still, he had to get them out of here, before they exploded at each other.
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Sat May 04, 2013 4:54 pm

Blaine's Lab| |Afternoon

"Partners? Partners!? Don‘t make me laugh! I‘ve seen and been with to many humans who never thought as there pokemon as partners, why should you be any different? So you say it, but is it true?" the Jolteon's rude remark distracted the Altaria from the little Shinx, the dragon turned around before she narrowed her eyes. Her expression suddenly changed into something vicious, glaring daggers into the electric-type. "Do not judge a species by it's individuals, yellow mutt." she spat, beak contorted into a scowl. "You aren't even giving her a chance if you're already disrespecting her. How would you know how she treats her Pokemon? I don't see you making any attempt to understand her ways."

"Humans and Pokemon have had a symbiotic relationship since the dawn of time--and yes, there have been wars and wrongdoings, but that gives you no right to berate a whole species based on the past." Alesha breathed deeply, attempting to calm herself down as she closed her eyes. Exhaling an exasperated sigh, she turned to Drago, whom began to speak. "Fine then. If you guys want to fight so badly, take it upstairs. Don't kill us all down here. Hell, if you're so intent on it, I'll fucking referee, give you all a nice clean match." her own gaze drifted to the others.

Truth be told, Alesha was actually interested in who would win the battle. Interested enough to bet a good amount of Pokes on who she thought would win, that is, if she even had any in the first place. Her eyes settled on the Jolteon, silently analyzing the scars on his body. "Who do you think would win?" she muttered to the Dragonite, a smile forming on her lips. "If they're going to fight, at least make some fun out of it, eh?"
    Storm
    Storm
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Storm Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:14 pm

Mansion Basement || Afternoon

Zeus looked over at the Altaria, eyes wide as he listened to her lecture. Growling a little at being called a mutt, he was no mutt.
    "Humans and Pokemon have had a symbiotic relationship since the dawn of time--and yes, there have been wars and wrongdoings, but that gives you no right to berate a whole species based on the past." She said, and the Jolteon looked down at his paws.
    Deep down he wanted to believe he could trust other humans other then Ryan, but after what he had been through. If Ryan was here he would tell him to give her a chance. Should he? Should he trust her? Maybe, even just for now. He must be making such a horrid first impression to these other pokemon.

"Fine." Zeus said as he turned his eyes back to the human. "I‘ll give you a chance, but if it turns out I was right, I won‘t think twice about ripping your throat out." He warned. He hoped his gut wasn’t lying to him, that this human could be trusted, like Ryan. The Jolteon had to get back to the main land, he had to find Ryan, to protect him.
    He turned his gaze to the other pokemon, trying to soften his gaze, but they still held there stern look. "I know I was just being a jerk, and you probably don‘t like me now, but I need help getting back to the mainland. I need to find my…" He trailed off. After just going on about hating humans, should he really tell them he was looking for one? He looked down at the ground, his head tilted a little, "My friend. His name is Ryan. I need to find him, I‘m on edge right now cause I‘m worried about him."
    Zeus would understand if they chose not to help him, after all he just attacked them with his only reason being that there was a human in the room. A human he still didn’t trust, but would put up with for now.
    Mismagius
    Mismagius
    Harbinger
    Harbinger

Post by Mismagius Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:06 pm

There was screaming. The sort of chaotic yelling are bickering that brought the Harbinger closer through the void like a Vulcarona to a flame.
    She had been laying dormant for far too long, being the place of endless dark and suffering. It was cold there, not like the spectar noticed. She was immune to bodily handicaps such as having heat or cold against skin. Drifting through her shadows, Mismagius had traveled far from her usual hunting grounds. All there lay dead now, the corpses in her shadowy home, leaving the screams to echo on forever in an eternal suffering of reliving the last moments of life over and over.

The ghost moved towards the tell tale signs of the argument, her lips pulling back in glee at the thought of a battle raging just outside of her limbo. She sensed nothing undead, only peaking the mad wench's intrest. "Tell me, tell me, what shall I see?" the Harbinger sang, happily coming to the rift between her home and the arguing group. "Tell me, tell me, where will they be?
    What can we be, when all is decaying?
    Where will we find ourselves, when all is ending?
    Tell me, tell me... are you filled with dream?"

Her eyes shined bright in the dark, melting into the darkness as she emerged undetected into the shadows of Blaine's old work place. Mismagius' voice dropped to a whispering hiss.
    "Tell me, tell me, are you dead?"
    There were places all around to hide in the cavern, darkness in thick pools everywhere. With a soft manical giggle, the Harbinger drifted past the Jolteon. Invisible to the eye, she ran her tendrils along his side, her high giggle heard as she watched him jump with alarm from his sitting place.
    The Harbinger slowly drifted around the group, again and again, all the while impossible to see as her hysterical laughter grew louder and shriller with insanity.
    Another loop and she touched the Altaria, squealing happily when she cried out.
    Another loop, another loop and she brushed the golden dragon's wing.
    But when coming to the human, her eyes finally became visible, twin crimson orbs alight with infection. Her mouth slowly formed, the cheshire grin no short of unnerving. "Human! Human! My, oh my," the Harbinger crowed with glee, giggling again. "Should I take your soul, for mine? Shall I leave you to rot, to ROT?" Drifting around only the human now, she became a moving collaboration of shadows, voice becoming a banchee's wild scream as she sang. "AhHAHAHAHAH! I should steal your breathe, I should, I should! But what fun will that give, for me?
    Instead I leave you be, I leave you be! Be warned, foolish witch, you will soon DIE!"

Without another word, the song ended with a screaming laughter to the cave's roof. Retreating again to the hind of the room, her arms shot out without warning.
    The emerald Dragonite cried out in shock, struggling to rip free of her seemingly weightless appendages. But the Harbinger only cackled louder, her screaming laughter taking up the entire room as she slowly melted back into the shadows. As her own dresslike body disolved into her other dimension, the dragon was dragged with her. He cried out, begging for help, reaching for his 'friends', clawing at the ground and screaming in fear.
    But it was no use.
    As Mismagius brought his body completely into the shadowy portal between limbo, her eyes and endless grin shone briefly. "Drag you down!
    Drag you down to HELL!
    You are MINE now!"

As the dragon slowly vanished, seemingly into nothing but a dark corner, the last of the Harbinger's form disolved as well. "Goodbye now, goodbye to all! AhHAHAHAHA!...."
    She faded, leaving an echoing silence in her wake, the screaming Dragonite now completely gone.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:40 pm

Blaine's Lab|Afternoon
    (A-21/F-9)

Anya glared at the Jolteon as he mocked Fenix's beliefs, that her heart wasn't in it for her companions. The Gym Leader's expression got even darker as her mind played images of Kyuubi, the Vulpix turned Ninetales who was more family to her than Blaine had ever been. Blaine was a genius but his mind often strayed away from keeping an eye on his granddaughter to work on some puzzle or project or whatever else caught his attention. It was only when she showed a natural talent for fire that he finally took an interest. But Kyuubi had been a sister and mother to the young girl, soon joined by Cathal as another parental figure. Raised by fire, more than once now it seemed if her story of Ho-Oh was true.

Fenix lived and breathed Pokemon. It was one of the only reasons she knew she could trust the female the day she allowed herself to be caught within the spherical device trainers carried. She had once thought it a prison for wild Pokemon, to break and tame them, but Fenix had shown her otherwise. It was a bond, shared between human and Pokemon to prove their worth to each other and the yellow-haired female was the picture of honor in the Absol's eyes. She had never left her Pokemon jilted. Hell she had even found an abandoned egg and hatched the young Riolu inside, raising him as her own son rather than a Pokemon. Anubis even called her Mother.

How could the Jolteon deny Fenix's devotion to their kind?

The human herself wasn't handling it very well even as Anastasia went through it in her mind. Clenching her bloodied fist she forced herself not to break something else or risk shattering her knuckles. Tears of frustration trailed down her cheeks as her temper threatened to boil over, Anya at her leg nuzzling it to try and bring her back down to reality. “Don't ever question my commitment to family asshole. Ever.” Fenix growled out through gritted teeth. “You have no idea what they mean to me so don't you dare pretend to know who I am or what I feel. I saw the only mother I can remember die protecting me while my son tended to me as the infection ravaged my body. Do you know what it is like to die? It fucking hurts.”

Anya stepped back as the limb she rested upon shifted, Fenix kneeling down to the ground as the memory of her death overcame her. “Every muscle, every nerve ending flaring and caused me to flail uncontrollably. I cried even as my son took my assaults, my brain screaming at my body to stop but unable to control it. My blood turned to sludge in my skin, oozing out of every orifice in this thick, black river until finally I was stricken with a fever that burned hotter than the heart of this volcano.” Her fists clenched tightly atop her knees as tears began to flow freely, voice cracking as her story went on. “I was paralyzed, muscles tearing apart as my joints split away. Death took so long and I had to watch my baby...he cried. He cried so hard and I couldn't even hold him to comfort him. I couldn't even speak to tell him it was going to be okay. My throat had long since collapsed and breathing was near impossible.”

Looking up she stared the Jolteon straight in the eyes, her owning burning bright with an inner strength Anya had seen only a few times before. “Tell me, Zeus, have you ever seen a Lucario's heart break? Ever heard him calling out for his mother only to watch her die in his arms? Honestly, I think that was the most painful part of dying. Watching my son Anubis suffer so greatly and knowing there was no way to soothe him. That is what killed me. So does that answer your question fuckwad?”

Anya stepped back fearfully at the cold tone in the human's voice, almost frightened of how distant she sounded. Did Ho-Oh even know what he had revived?

But as the human was about to finally concede and allow the Jolteon a moment's peace something strange occurred. A ghost appeared from nowhere, a Mismagius with a terrifying aura, and dragged the blue dragon away. “Drago!” Anya screamed, shooting a Night Slash as quickly as she could. Unfortunately the pair were already gone and there was no trace that he had ever been there. “Shit, figures those fuckers would finally find a way in here somehow.” Fenix began, moving quickly about the room pushing several combinations of buttons and switches. “Well, there is no way I am letting them get into anything here. Who knows what the hell some of the chemicals would turn them into. They could get worse than they are now.”

That was a thought that terrified the Absol as she stared at the human.

With one final flick of a switch a loud alarm began sounding overhead as the walls began to creak and moan. “Everyone there is a tunnel in the back that will lead directly out the other side of the mountain. It's how I got in. Get the hell out now or you will all sink with this lab.” As the yellow-haired human took off for the door and opened it, Anastasia right on her heels, she took one last look back and smirked. “Unless you really think you can survive liquid hot magma.” And then she and the Absol were gone.

((Leaving post, Sil let me skip ahead of her since I am giving her an out for her leaving post too lol. Been fun but need to cut down on teams so I can keep up.))
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:01 pm

Blaine's Lab| |Afternoon

The Altaria had felt unease, cottony feathers ruffled and she looked around in distress. Something felt off, very off. She shuffled anxiously between her talons, gritting her beak in an attempt to calm herself down. What was it that was making her feel so...frightened? "Something doesn't feel right." she mumbled to the Dragonite, her worried glance only growing more concerned as she bunched herself up. It felt like the room was getting colder--why? Her gaze darted from corner to corner in the lab, head snapping to different directions. Suddenly, she felt something touch her, a quick tap on her wings and she yelped, jumping a little in place. "I-I...s-something touched me!" she stammered, looking around frantically before turning back to the others. "Oh Arceus please tell me it wasn't just me I swear by my father's name something tapped me."

Suddenly, she saw a pair of large, round, red eyes form near the human, the Altaria's breath hitching in her throat as she tensed, body frozen in fear. A crooked smile soon became visible. "Drago, Drago what is that?" she whispered, shuddering. "Dra-" her words were cut short as she witnessed sudden movement, the Dragonite she was speaking to crying out in distress as it tried to struggle free of a Mismagius's grip. "DRAGO!" she screeched, watching as the Absol shot a Night Slash. Without hesitation Alesha formed flames within her jaws, the fire erupting out of her beak in a massive Fire Blast towards the specter. Her expression soon became horrified as she noticed the ghost had already slipped away into the darkness, dragging the Dragonite with her. "NO! Drago! You're not taking him!" she hissed, trying to follow the duo, but halted when the two vanished into the shade. "D-Drago?"

She had to get out of here.

The underground was no longer safe, she couldn't stay here no longer. She couldn't end up like Drago did, she couldn't become one of them, either. In panic, she almost missed the human's words. “Everyone there is a tunnel in the back that will lead directly out the other side of the mountain. It's how I got in. Get the hell out now or you will all sink with this lab.” with no pause the Altaria was already racing to the tunnel's entrance as fast as she could. She had to get out. Without hesitation she scrambled into the darkness, fearing for her life.

[OOC: Leaving post. VuV Bye guys!]]
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:43 pm

Post 44

Blaine's Lab | Afternoon

Drecht could only watched as the human boldly -or stupidly, whichever- took the situation into her own hands, nearly choking the opposing jolteon with her very loathing. Admirable as intense of a passion as it was, it was still getting grating listening to her drone on and on about how she had sacrificed everything for her team. While their own pasts were different, Drecht was fairly sure that everyone in the room had sacrificed at least something in their life. Home, comfort, loved ones or emotions in general-- this new world thrived on the lost, on the treasures seized by its undead minions. Everyone there had sacrificed a piece of themselves to live-- what did this self-righteous hairless imp lose to think she had reign over anyone else in the room, simply because of what she'd lost? While he wasn't on the jolteon's side, the golden dragon was simply tired of hearing about her own losses when he'd already endured so much of his own.

But as he was about to step in and gag her with her own obnoxiously long hair, a shiver crawled down his spine, leaving his flesh frigid. A mismagius, an undead by all means, quickly spirited his fellow dragon away, leaving them all shocked and speechless. Where the hell had that fiend come from?!

"NO! Drago! You're not taking him!" the altaria cried, leaving them as well to follow the shiny dragon and his captor.  But her voice was soon lost to the deafening alarm that began to rang, shrieking something likely terrifying and deadly approaching.

“Everyone there is a tunnel in the back that will lead directly out the other side of the mountain. It's how I got in. Get the hell out now or you will all sink with this lab.” She sped to the door, turning and smirking at him with one last remark. “Unless you really think you can survive liquid hot magma.”

Oh, bugger that.

Opening his wings, he shot through the small gap, flying through the hallways at lightning speed. It wasn't long as he followed the distant fragrance of fresh air before he found himself bursting through an old missing part of ceiling and into the air, free once more.

[[Leaving post]]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 26, 2024 11:52 pm