Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+14
Mesprit
Kaze
Apos
Nightfall
Requiem
Ariados
Jirachi
Abysswalker
Drago
Ho-Oh
renegade
Sableye
Negative10
Suicune
18 posters

(ACE) The OLIVINE Team

Kaze
    Kaze
    Ace
    Ace

(ACE) The OLIVINE Team  - Page 27 Empty Re: (ACE) The OLIVINE Team

Post by Kaze Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:19 am

[quote="Kaze"]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Battle Castle | Noon | (43)

"Woah!" The Quilava exclaims. "I was expecting a bundle of Rattata's, but this is way awesome!"
    Hayato preens, enjoying the praise, and hops off his position from ontop of the Staraptor corpse.
    "Yo, this thing could of made a meal of you, how did you manage to catch it? I mean look at those talons! Theyre crazy!" The fire type paws at a twisted leg.
    "Predator's always look down and prey always looks up." Hayato croaks. "I fly the highest, slash his neck from above. Be top predator."
    If the dark type feels his explanation isn't explaining much he doesn't show it. He runs his beak over his feathers, enjoying the enthusiasm the volcano pokemon is showing. It has been a while since he hunted for someone other than himself and the words of the fire type are stroking his ego.
    "If we can get them off we could so use these, I know it."
    "Can have." Hayato doesn't feel like forming complete sentences. "Feet don't have much meat on them."
    Kaze didn't eat flesh and he had already taken his share of the kill so this fire type was going to waste the chance of getting the second best bits of meat on legs? Fine, if the claws were what she was really interested in...
    "Should we gather up the others then? Tell them foods on and...-"
    "I can do that!" Kaze declares, the Staraptor plume perched brightly behind one feathery fin. He plants a kiss on the Honchkrow's feathery cheek.
    "You.. you went with Miyu. Gathering food. Why isn't she here, why isn't she with you? Where are the others!?" The Quilava suddenly snaps.
    Hayato looks up from his preening, his eyes as blood red as an undead. He drops one crinkled black feather that had fallen loose during the fight.
    "Don't know." He says somewhat sulkily. "Not going to hunt around an undead so left them. They have Mesprit."
    He neglects to mention the way he decided to 'check up on them' earlier. If the undead ate Miyu it was the legend's fault not his.

Kaze hums to himself, stroking his fingers over the pretty feather. Hayato was such a charmer, know exactly what he liked in accessories. Things like cute barettes and clothes were hard to find outside of raiding human stores but he appreciated Hayato's handmade tokens just as much. Of course in due time it would get lost or damaged and he'd had to do without it but for now he felt pretty and that was enough.
    He hums to himself and his long 'skirt' swishes across the ground as he spins.
    Now Hayato was back he should go gather up the others. The ones that ate meat at least. He was proudly vegetarian despite Hayato's best efforts. With luck Miyu had been gathering berries (he really should have double checked their gathering type's didn't overlap but honestly, it should be obvious Hayato wouldn't bring back anything but meat) and if she gets back soon they could have a big meal together.
    Kaze's feathery fins flutter happily at the thought. It had been a while since he had a large enough to group to sit around and eat a meal together with. It was one of those things that made him feel something interesting would certainly happen. His emerald eyes scan the darkening corridors.
    Now, where had everyone else gone? He had completely forgotten to ask them. Oh well, nothing for it.
    He takes a deep breath and sits, focusing his mental energy into it's widest focus.
    The faint marks of minds shine like lights, shifting faintly in direction but he knows roughly which way to go.
    Kaze sets off.
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:46 pm

[ooc; urgh, i'm sorry, please skip me...power + internet is still very shaky and i only have access via mobile atm. ;; ]
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:28 pm

OoC)) Skip can't continue without Cinder
    Mesprit
    Mesprit

Post by Mesprit Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:56 am

Outside the Battle Frontier || Afternoon || Post 14
    Mesprit floated after Miyu, a smile on her face. Without Rebel around, the young Eevee was very calming to be around. A sudden sound caught the Legend's attention, and she whipped her head around to see, three Swift stars forming between her hands to attack the danger... Only to find that Miyu had tripped. Giggling, Mesprit let her attack fade. She hadn't realized how jumpy she was until that moment. "Pesky branch." Floating down to fly beside Miyu, Mesprit giggled. "I thought it was kind of funny. Did you know I once got my tails caught in seaweed at my lake? It took me ages to get out because every time I moved them, it would pull on my muscles. I had to get the Magikarp to help me!" She said, laughing.

Miyu had seen through her concerned look though, and responded to her queries. "If he goes downhill, I'll figure out a way to make him better. I've seen monsters - Reb is just sick." Sick... Mesprit's eyes fell to the ground. "Sick" was a good way to put it. The Legend's mind went back to the sight of her friends at the lake she used to call home. They were sick. They were dying, and she couldn't help them. The whole reason she lived there was to protect them, and of course, she couldn't even do that. A drop of liquid fell onto the pixie's blue hand, and she stared at it for a moment, before raising it to touch her cheek. She was crying... Taking in a deep breath, she placed her small hands to her heart and calmed herself down by slowly expelling her breath. Sniffing a few times, the Legend looked up to see that Miyu had wandered ahead further than the pixie was comfortable with. Flying faster to catch up, Mesprit listened to Miyu talk.

"Honestly, I can't remember a time when Rebel wasn't around. He was kind of like a big brother when I didn't have anyone else." Silently listening, Mesprit floated upside-down above Miyu, her tails acting as paddles to move the Legend forwards. "And then..." Humming, Mesprit rolled over to watch as Miyu continued her walk, though this time the Eevee was more... Sombre. "The day I lost him, we had been hearing about weird Pokémon. He said it was fine though, and then... Then a purple-ish Pokémon with huge claws attacked us. He saved me... and I ran. I ran away from him as he was dying." So she knew he was undead then? To hear the Eevee's story, it certainly put a spin on everything. "All I'm saying is that if he'd give everything up for me, I'll do the same for him."

Nodding, Mesprit silently agreed. "I would do the same for my brothers, and I wouldn't doubt that they would do the same..." She said, a slight laugh at the end of her sentence. "I don't know about Uxie though, he's a bit of a stick-in-the-mud." She laughed, trying to lighten the mood. Looking up, Mesprit spotted the mud wall up ahead. "Look Miyu! We're nearly there." The Legend stole a glance back to check on the berries, which still were in good condition. Maybe she would be able to have a decent meal for once.

Mesprit; The Emotion Pokémon
    ||EJ League Mod||||Assistant Mod||
    |тарейший и сильную эмоцию человечества является страX||
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:05 pm

The Battle Castle [Foyer] | Afternoon
    Cinder 70 | Faux 41

Faux jumps at the Quilava's alarm. Dammit all, him too? When would he even have a chance when he getting that hunk of dead meat over here? The Staraptor's cadaver did not lie; it took a concentrated effort to bring that massive thing back. "Cinder, stop." The Vulpix barks but it falls upon deaf ears. "Look at the facts." The Quilava remains stiff, growling fiercely at the bird with crackling flames.  

"Don't know." Cinder's lips draw back at the bird's arrogance. "Not going to hunt around an undead so left them. They have Mesprit." Before he can bite back at him Faux swiftly forces her way in front of the Volcano Pokemon, using her body as a physical barrier. "See," Her voice is firm, "You are forgetting that Mesprit, a legend, is with them. She wouldn't let Rebel do anything suspicious so there is no way she would let her fellow warrior do so either." Holding the Vulpix's stare for several moments Cinder takes a step back before flicking her golden spheres back toward Hayato. "But.. she.." The legend had a type disadvantage! This guy would be bold enough to attack her if given the chance! But.. no.. he would be boasting his victory even if it was easy. Her gaze narrows with suspicion. This time he hadn't done anything. This time. Propping up onto her hindpaws she concludes bitterly, "Fine." When the others got back he would be looking over their every detail.
    The Vulpix waits several heartbeats before stepping aside.

Rolling her sight over the fresh kill Cinder's stomach knots with a mix of anxiety and hunger. Usually her species started to be carnivorous in her current evolutionary state but she had been raised a hunter and longed to sink her fangs into the dead bird. Miyu's getting food too.. How long would it take three Pokemon to forage versus one hunting? Sure, they had to get a lot more small things but they had more paws. Not that she really wanted any fruit.
    Crossing her arms in defiance the Quilava states venomously, "Im waiting for Miyu." Before planting her rump down on the ground. The fire comign from her backside pops and snaps as a surface is forced in front of it. "It's only polite." Kaze had already gone off to get the others but they still had some time to wait.
    Faux had moved a comfortable couple feet away and had started to wash the drying mud again. "It would be polite, though meat is best eaten fresh." Faux somewhat agrees, not wishing to get involved with Cinder's petty attitude. It would be fine even if they waited, just a bit more stiff.
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:17 am

Battle Frontier | Afternoon l (76)(10)

Would the Legendary write her off as a total idiot - maybe completely out of touch, or both? Miyu felt like biting her tongue right off so she didn't run at the mouth again. Her pelt poofed a little in anxiety; the others were not... quite so accepting of the Eevee's adoptive brother. Most of all, she felt like she hurt Cinder's feelings and that was the absolute last thing she wanted. "I would do the same for my brothers, and I wouldn't doubt that they would do the same..." Mesprit laughed lightly, earning a bit of an awkward glance from the Normal-type. She... what? There was no, oh-my-God, you're an insane little Eevee factor, which she had been anticipating worriedly.

She gave a sigh - completely relieved that maybe someone understood her. Miyu couldn't remember her biological siblings or parents, only the sassy Joltie's awkward attempts at raising a newborn, but that was close enough, right? Family didn't stop even if blood was not shared.
    "I don't know about Uxie though, he's a bit of a stick-in-the-mud." The small giggle Mesprit gave was returned by Miyu, although the latter's was more or less a nervous, I-don't-understand-that-phrase laugh, but it seemed like a burn to her poor brother, Uxie, right? Brothers were fun to poke at!

"Rebel would probably dance in mud!" Miyu snickered before giving a pause... "Well, that's just disturbing! Forget I said it!" She grinned, padding along.
    "Look Miyu! We're nearly there." Mesprit announced. The Eevee's attention snapped forward and she bounced in place, "Yay! I'm tired! When everything is safe, I'm gonna throw a munch on some berries and then sleep until the apocalypse ends!" She grinned sillily, resisting the urge to dash ahead; that would be--

--rude?! She had completely, absentmindedly forgotten to offer Mesprit help with the berries! "I'm sorry! Do you need help carrying the berries? You aren't tired, are you? I don't know what it's like to be a Psychic." She gave her best sheepish smile, "I'm gonna grow thumbs one day so I can carry stuff better! And maybe I can help the next time your tails get stuck in seaweed!" Miyu joked, swishing her tail lightheartedly.

Blood pooled around the Buneary's body as the undead relentlessly tore through it's flesh. It stained his purple-yellow paws, slightly warm in contrast to his cold form. The fur was completely torn away and he was ripping through muscle with his pointed fangs, each tear giving a slight pop! as he bit and pulled.
    It's body laid in a heap of leftover gore, protruding stark white ribs and a throat torn through and gaping open.

Rebel swiped his wrist over his mouth and wiped away some of the spilled, then ran a tongue over his paws. Cleanliness was next to godliness, you know. He stood, turning around to disappear into the brush, the hunter scenting a tiny Eevee and following along. Everything looked the same in this damn shrubbery-infested place. He'd have to rely on his smell to find his way back.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:57 pm

Inside the Battle Castle | Afternoon
    Etincelle 54 | Melanie 63

"I hope we do, we all deserve a good rest, now..." A slight grin comes to the Ninetales muzzle. They truly did.. the battle today was enough to elicit one, everything else. Well.. just thinking about it brought the aching back to her muscles. Even the Hyper Potion she had had couldn't remove the weariness from her bones. "I could sleep for days." She thinks whimsically. How long had it been since she had that luxury? Or even a decent, full nights rest with no disturbances? If only..
    Letting the rigidness of her ears falter Melanie lets her body relax as she rests. Listening so intensely was exhausting and the base of her ears ached from standing so tall and inventively for so long. Its probably unneeded right now anyway. Things had been quiet ever since the bird was silenced and they had Pokemon in all posted both directions from their room. We would be safe.. But if something happened.. no. We both would hear that without even trying.

An uncomfortable churning gnaws at her belly, hunger a well known but still unwelcome feeling. "I wonder if they've found anything yet...it would be nice to settle down before the sun begins to set." "I cant even remember the last thing I ate. Maybe a couple berries? No wait, those were for Etincelle's burns.." Her voice trails, mind wandering as she tries to recall the last thing that entered her stomach. The last berry to enter her mouth was spat out after being chewed to a poultice. A waste to some since it wasn't eaten, but Mel wouldn't of had it any other way. Food is a privilege nowadays.. If the hunting parties returned successful then it would be too soon. May the legends guide you.
    "It's been a long past few days..." The Ninetales stiffens at her friends words. "...Yeah.." One 'look' at the Arbok was enough to tell anyone a tell of suffering.. Asking what happened would- Don't think it, please don't. Instantly she regrets her own thoughts. The name dares to enter back into the Ninetales mind, too painful to speak or even think as the Pokemons figure starts to form in her head. They had gained a base and party.. but at what cost..?
    Her red, blind eyes sting and threaten to water from beneath her blindfold. "We just.. Have to cherish the peace while it lasts." She speaks, her words barely a whisper. It wouldn't last. It never did...

Trotting along the dark hall Etin's mind has started to wander. Yes, this task was important and they needed to do it with care, but his paws ached and he felt worn ragged. Just a little rest.. The past few days had been more then he could handle, the stress just applying itself in layer after layer. Was a decent rest too much to ask for..?

While his sparks light up the area it is a poor replacement for actual lighting that these places used to have. Its a real shame that the humans took their power with them when they went into hiding.. it made their shelters all the more difficult to work with. They were just like caves but with stran- Etin's steps buckle for a moment as a horrid scent enters his snout. "Good heavens, what is that?" In truth, he already knew what it was; the scent of death and rot was hard to mistake for anything else, but he needed to confirm it wasn't just his imagination.  
    "Lad, can ye shine some light to yer left? Somethin doesn't smell right in that room." Giving Rosko a quick nod he takes few hopes to the side of the room and up to the door. Another peculiar door loomed before them. However, this one was closed and spoke of all sorts of foreboding. "Im not sure we should mess with that room." He warns, taking a step back as he sees the blood on the ground. "Something bad happened in there." He could feel the dread coming off the door itself.

Whatever had happened, whatever had died in there could of gotten up again, or be in there with whatever killed it still. Either way, it was best the door stayed closed, the unknown staying as such. "Aye, this smell, its horrid and some unfortunate bilge rattata must had died or somethin" "Better for us that it's been contained." Wrinkling his snout at the scent the Electrike wonders if it would be worth it to check the inside. If an undead was present being locked in the room for who knows how long would of surely weakened it to nothing but a rotten corpse. They could take that out easy, but should they?
    Rosko checked the door, which budged ever so slightly, but it remained closed despite the effort. If its trapped in the room then it poses no immediate threat.. But they were scouting for danger and supposed to take any threats out. Leaving it would be going against their duty. "Lad, can ye give me a paw with this one?" The shiny Pokemon hesitates. Placing one paw against the door he presses gently; whatever was keeping it closed was on the inside and would take a massive shove to move. "Do you thi-" A noise takes his sensitive ears and the hound instantly goes silent. The shuffling, thumping sound was soft but unmistakable- something was moving inside the room.

Taking several steps away from the door Etincelle shakes his head feverishly and lets his sparks fall to barely a flicker. "Whatever is in there its still moving." He whispers to the Houndoom urgently. They couldn't leave that. Even if the door was jammed that didn't mean it as the only way out, that it would be safe to leave this thing alone. Taking a sturdy stance the Electrike prepares himself to charge, heart pounding already. "The moment that door opens I need to blast something in there. A Flamethrower or something like that, alright?" The undead hated fire. That much as easy to learn from every battle he had seen with a fire type present. Hopefully that would be enough to stun the thing so it couldn't lunge at them.. "On three, okay?" Etin's tiny green paws curl around the musty carpet.
    "1.. 2.. 3!" And he charged the door with a full-body tackle.
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:24 pm

Inside the Battle Castle| |Afternoon
    92| |68

Look, look, look. He didn't mean to get lost. Really! His intention was to follow the others and help them as much as he could--given the status of his wings--and maybe assure himself that he's at least somewhat useful to the group while doing it. It really isn't in his agenda to get lost not once, but twice. Really.

It's just hard when all these hallways end up looking the same! All these nooks and crannies, crumbling walls, gross dirty tiles--it's just not a good pair with his curiosity. He wandered off moments ago just to have a quick look-see, hell, maybe he'd find something really good (whatever that is) but within minutes time the voices were faint and he had found himself hopelessly, utterly lost. In some hallway. And it stinks of something rotting and blood.

"Fuck." The first word he utters from his mouth, staring down dark hallway he had entered. He can't even remember which way he exactly came from, the excitement and adrenaline of maybe being useful had made all those recollections into a blur, and now, facing the fact that he just became even more burdensome, a fresh coat of dread and self-loathing drips from his mind.

Maybe he should call for help--but then I vill attract undead...and I vill be unable to get avay. The Golbat grits his teeth, eyes narrowing and expression contorting drastically at the sheer amount of self-frustration churning in his throat. He fucked up! Really bad this time. He can't call for help, if he does he might be even more screwed than he is now, and there'll be no one to save him.

...but he opens his mouth anyways, because he's always been bad at self-control. Or because he doesn't have much to lose. Maybe it's because, subconsciously, if he did die, he would be less of a burden to everyone else.

Regardless, his voice echoes in the hall--a slight shrill tone in hopes of more sensitive, living ears will be able to catch the sound. "Iz anyone there? Anyone? Pleaze..."

---

"We just.. Have to cherish the peace while it lasts." The fire-type's voice is soft, gentle to the Arbok's ears, and the serpent responds with a subtle nod.

Her vision is blurring, tears gathering and swirling her remaining sight. Melanie is the softest yellow, a fuzzy outline of a vulpine, and the room barely looks like it has walls anymore. She tells herself to be strong--she has to--but it isn't long before Mist chokes and stifles back a sob. Cold droplets sliding across and down her scales, curling down her chin and falling onto tiles beneath her. Tightening her coils, the Arbok nestles her face against her own body.

"It's going to be ok." She doesn't know if that's a statement or if she's trying to reassure herself. She's not even sure if she believes it, at all. Her voice is barely audible, muffling against her purple hide. Stay strong. Stay strong. Stay strong. You have to. She repeats, slower. "It's going to be ok."
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:19 pm

Battle Castle|Afternoon

"Im not sure we should mess with that room." The Electrike warned the Houndoom, but Rosko wasn't going to let anything surprise him. Sniffing the door a little more, the putrid smell came from within and something was moving around inside. "Better for us that it's been contained." Rosko looked at Etin knowing that he was tired, but they needed to check it out if there is any undead in the room still. He tried to budge the door with his own strength alone, but to no avail. The door was being pinned shut by something. "Do you thi-" Sounds came from the room. It was soft but unmistakable for something to be in there. Whatever Bilge rattata is hiding in there best be hidin or I be burning it to its death. The houndoom thought to himself. In that instance the houndoom backed away from the door to get some momentum to force the door to open. "Whatever is in there its still moving." The Houndoom waited for Etin to help break down the door. He had to think about after getting the door open if he should use a flamethrower to dispatch the undead in the room. However, he had to find out if it is an undead that was hiding in there.

He paced himself back and forth getting warmed up. If he was to use his body, he would side check the door. "The moment that door opens I need to blast something in there. A Flamethrower or something like that, alright?" With a nod, the houndoom agreed with Etin. "Aye, aye, lad the bidge rattata won't know what hit it." As the electric type moved to where Rosko is, they was going to force their way in. "On three, okay?" Rosko nods as he readies himself to open the door. "1.. 2.. 3!" They charge the door Etin with a full body tackle and Rosko with a body check. The door busts open and Rosko turns and fires a flamethower into the room. He looks at Etin and slowly walks in. When Rosko looked around he found the undead stunned from the door slamming against it. It hasn't noticed them nor was it in any condition to try to attack. It ate its own legs to satisfy its own bloodlust. It's front left was missing a foot and it only had its front right. Rosko waited for Etin to look at it as well.

Of all the undead that Rosko has seen coming through Johto, this one had suffered the worst. Looking around a bit he soon found out why it was missing body parts. the remains of its hind legs was cut off and its front left foot was chewed off. "Lad, I think this one is almost at its end, lets help it on its way." Rosko was intending to ease its suffering, but they had to hurry since it was only stunned. He left it up to Etin to finish it off, due to it being a water type. A mudkip to be precise and fire is not effective against water types.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:11 am

Cinder 71 | Faux 42

The Quilava's face contorted further into a deeper pout. She wasn't about to let some showboating bird act like he ran the place! Sinking each paw further into the crevices of her crossed arms Cinder huffs, sending a thin puff of smoke out of her nostrils. I wont even get to touch the talons until everyone is back. But that was okay. After all, she could be patient. Plus, it wasn't like they were going to go anywhere even if the group arrived and started feasting. Not sure how Im going to get those things off though.. Perhaps Kaze would help her when he got back.

With a fair amount of mud now free from both her paws and fur the Vulpix shakes, fluffing up her coat and sitting comfortably in her own skin. Giving the bickering pair a glance, she waits. They might kill each other if I leave. Or be the best guards around. Even if they did happen to lunge at one another the bird seemed much too tired from the hunt to be able to put up much of a fight. And Cinder isnt the kind to strike a man while he's down.. Faux shrugs. It seemed safe to say that things here would be tense but fine even if she left.
    With one more shake of her pelt Faux pads to the back of the room, looking for something she had seen earlier but didn't pay much attention to. This section had been cleared of debris already, making it easy to traverse, but a couple piles of human-made things that had already existed remained. Piled against the walls the collection of junk blended in with the beaten scenery but Faux wasted no time sifting through it all. The bright red color of what she sought would be an utter challenge to miss, and the Vulpix grabs in the tiny bucket's handle in her teeth before turning and heading for the door.

"Well, ladies, Im going to get more water. Someone has to be thirsty." She grumbles through the plastic handle. The pond looked safe enough to drink, smelled it too, and even if it wasn't the purest it was still clean."Youre leaving again? Now?" The Quilava asks, alarm rising in her voice. Faux lets her paws come to a halt. "Youre welcome to join me. Being taller then me and having arms would make this trivial for you. Unless, that is, you ant to sit and stare at that hunk of meat some more." Cinder flinches, grimacing as she blurts, "Yeah but.. I cant.. the meat.. it.." The Vulpix shrugs, expecting as much from the other fire type. Muttering softly, "Then I'll be back." she exits the building, knowing this would be annoying but worth it to have at least a little water in their base.
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:57 am

Battle Frontier | Afternoon l (77)(11)

With a glance over her shoulder, the Eevee's heart sunk slightly - she didn't know what she expected. Rebel wasn't behind her nor was he the past five times. She sighed, returning her eyes forward. The Battle Castle was shortly ahead now, and something was padding out the door. Miyu jumped visibly, her pelt poofing out in alarm at the sight-- but the Eevee tried desperately to pretend she didn't just panic at the sight of Faux. Mesprit might laugh at her!

She bounded ahead bravely, she thought, approaching her friend excitedly. "Faux!" she called, "Look at the berries we got!" Plopping her behind down, she pawed her nose haughtily. "I found some of them!" She bounced back up after a short moment, racing off towards the Castle, calling back: "I'm gonna go see what Cinder is doing!"

Said Quilava seemed to be a bit upset about something as Miyu burst forward with a grin that faltered noticing the pout on Cinder's face. She cocked her head to the left, "Cinder? Is something wro--" It was then she noticed the dead Staraptor she somehow had not realized was actually a dead Pokémon. Her eyes slammed shut and she bit her lip, urging herself not to scream. Miyu backed away, "-Wrong--w-wrong... is something?"

The Joltie, walking leisurely through the forested area as sticks and branches dug into his cold pads and pelt, emerged from the brush. Sadly his wittle Eevee buddy was not around. "Well, damn." he griped to himself, "Thanks for waiting."
    The walk to the Castle was rather boring without a bubbly furball to pester him. But he found his way of course, being the handsome and smart guy he proved to be, time and time again.

Rebel passed by the threshold into the Castle, padding down the hall boredly. Survival and all that jazz was great but-- he flicked his ear, whirling around on his heels and darting back outside. He couldn't remember her name, but what the hell, maybe the Vulpix wouldn't mind some company wherever she were running off to.

"Hey!" Reb's voice called to the Vulpix as he caught back up. "Hey? Do you, erm, mind if I tag along?" Rebel pursed his lips and sighed, "I'm fuckin' bored. I'd be happy to go screw off, but I figured I'd ask." His cloudy red eyes diverted away. If she decided to blast him with fire, it wouldn't be the first time a girl assaulted him...

((OoC - Cinder bby, I'm so sorry my characters harass yours so much. ;; If this doesn't work, let me know and I'll edit! ^^))
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:46 pm

Etincelle 55 | Melanie 64

Slam! The canine pair smashed against the door, something on the other side clattering loudly as it was forced out of the way. The door swung open, albeit with some resistance, and Etin ducked to the side to avoid getting burned as a blast of fire roared overhead. Watching as the bright orange-and-yellow light lit up the room Etin got a flash of its contents. There as a tiny corpse, though of what was indiscernible as the bones had long since been stripped clean of all meat and skin, old blood and rot stains over everything, and an undead that stayed frozen in a daze.
    "Good heavens.." The hound whispers in horror. Rosko's light faded away within moments but, while it wasn't much, the new source from the opened door offered them just enough visibility to still see the Mudkip in the room. It looked horribly beat up to go with the rot, most its limbs seemed to be eaten off, presumably by itself as nothing else was in the room?? Its skin had long since purpled and gone black with pure rot, the skin peeling back to show bone in most places though it was heavy on its spine. The skin of its jaw seemed scratched off and its red eyes were sunk in and dull.

"Lad, I think this one is almost at its end," Theories flash through the Electrike's mind. How long had the poor thing been trapped in this room? Had it once been someones Pokemon, someones pet? Had those bones been its friend and they hulled themselves up in this room but got stuck? And the virus got in... It ate its own friend to survive, it ate itself to satiate the hunger.. The Mudkip gurgles meekly, sluggishly dragging itself toward them and struggling with every tiny movement. It had been trapped and merely ...Wasting away... Etinelle swallows dryly, his insides twisting with despair. "Lets help it on its way." His own thought echos back through his mind. Someones pet.. Many Pokemon saw the undead as no more then demons gone bloodthirsty, but even as the Mudkip lugged itself toward them, even as it made no coherent sound and sought only to feed, even as its body as about to literally collapse on itself into a pile of rot, the Electrike could only see what it could have been.

He stands quietly, watching the water type with a gaze full of pity. "..Yeah," Killing.. he had never enjoyed killing. He chose to go for berries, and only attacked undead when cornered. Even when the Empoleon was attacking it wasn't pleasant to have to go offensive. It was for Mel. Swallowing again he looks to the Houndoom then back to the Mud Fish Pokemon. Something told the electric type that he had the honors of.. putting it out of its misery. "Alright.." He concedes, a few sparks flickering through his fur. Legends he was not up for this but he had been the one to accept this task, of search and destroy for the groups safety. Nausea sinks from his stomach to his paws and roots him to the floor but the shiny Pokemon forces himself to bound forward, quickening his pace with a Quick Attack. Just make it fast. He sprints though the distance was short. Two more yards, he cuts off the speed boost and lets electricity flood his pelt. Dont think about it. He was going to be sick. The Mudkip gurgled, its mouth too rotten and deformed to even attempt to form words or sounds any longer. Closing his eyes the hound tightens his muscles and gives one last charge.
    Impact.

The feeling was... indescribable. The solid form was there for a moment, soft against his firm shoulder, then suddenly.. nothing. Daring to peak his pink eyes open as he skids to a halt the Electrike near gags on the smell and the sight- the undeads body literally couldn't take the super-effective hit, it was just too rotten, too far gone. Most of it had been tossed back toward the shelves along the wall, extremities exploding around the room while the rest collapsed into no more then a pile of foul blackish sludge. Its.. head, chest? Something had gone another way, oozing a thick fluid but making no noise or attempts at movement. Even its bones had not held, shattering into soft splinters... Biting back the urge to throw up as he saw the black disgust under his paws and on his fur Etin hurried out of the room and padded down the hall with haste. "May it rest easy." He croaks, unease shaking his voice like a storm. Legends above the shit on his shoulder reeked to high heavens.

His stomach churned and convulsed. Gods, he was about to vomit right there. Hold it together... The hound tells himself as a fog rolls into his mind. Its over.. The Pokemon wasn't suffering any longer- he had set it free, to the heavens. Why did it feel so wrong--? "Iz anyone there? Anyone? Pleaze..." The shrill cry breaks through his ill feelings. "Rosko.." He barks hoarsely, feeling bile burn at his throat. "Did you hear that? It sounded like Ven's voice." It was coming from further down the hall- How had he gotten down there? Was he searching the halls too? Squashing the bubbles in his stomach, and concluding he could wash the sludge after, Etin forces his voice to stay steady and calls out, "Ven?" He prays he was not crazy now and had actually heard that. "Ven are you alright?" The sick feelings could wait. Turning toward where he thought the voice was coming from Etin signals Rosko to follow, taking shaky steps in that direction.

The snake murmurs something but the words are so quiet Mel didn't think they were for her and tried not to overhear. Listening intently may of been her new job but that was no excuse to be rude. Still.. when you are trying your damnedest to hear everything its difficult to miss the soft sniffles no more then a few feet away. Dammit all. She had done it again, upsetting people with her negativity. Shit shit shit. Any good feelings she had gathered were being sullied and washed away.. how could she be happy when Mist was now upset by her hand! "It's going to be ok." She says again and Mel can not get herself to ignore the words. "Yes, yes it will." She tries to reassure the serpent. "And if not.. then we will pull through. Together."

Flicking her ears forward Mel listens to a rhythmic thumping coming from up the hall. What? Was someone coming? The sound stops, had they stopped, was it not foot steps after all? Yet again the Ninetales gets to her paws and stands by the doorway but once more she hears nothing but the soft creaking of the dilapidated building.  
    Sitting in this damn room was driving her crazy.
    Sure, they had been asked to stay and rest and not be trouble, but the fire type just couldn't take it anymore. "Its been a while and things have been awfully quiet." She barks back softly, giving the air a sniff, "The search parties may be back by now. Maybe they found something? Food would help get your energy back." She tries to persuade the other Pokemon, hopeful. If they could at least go back to the main room, she'd be happy.

(Nuuu Dazey, its pefect! <3)
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:55 pm

93| |69

"Ven? Ven are you alright?"

Oh thank Arceus.

The voice of one of his companions summons a fierce combination of relief and joy in his chest--he isn't lost! Although the sound seems quite a few ways away, the Golbat is already hauling his body across the grainy floor towards it. Ven can hear it now--the sound of paw steps from down the corridor--and it nearly brings tears to his eyes. He isn't lost! He isn't going to die out here!

"Etin? Etinzelle?" Frantic from excitement his shrill tone escalates unintentionally, echoing through the hallway. His ruby eyes dart back and forth, trying to catch sight of the familiar blue pelt through the darkness. "Etinzelle? Vhere are you--"

Behind him, something rumbles. The faint scrape of claws against marble, a slow wheeze of an exhale. The click of teeth. It grows closer.

Ven pales. "Oh no."

---

Grateful for the fox's reassurance, Mist can't help but smile. The serpent's eyes follow carefully when the other's golden pelt shifts and she stands again, strutting towards the door. The Ninetales remarks about the time, how listless this whole building is. She's right--it's been absolutely silent, and the Arbok is not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

"The search parties may be back by now. Maybe they found something? Food would help get your energy back." Melanie's gentle bark incites a raise of brow from the snake.

A coy smile creeps onto her violet lips, and although it does not show in her expression, a slight hint of mischief is apparent in her words. "Mmm...you're right. It has been a while..." Slowly, she uncoils herself, slithering towards the door and her companion. Truth be told Mist was starting to get tired of this room--the idleness only drains her. She may be wounded, but she is still very much alive.

Her stump of a tail nudges the door, the hinge swaying open with a low creek. There's little worry in her being, after all, she's sure that she and Melanie could take on anything on the off chance that they encounter a foe. They're both powerful on their own right.

"Shall we?"

Last edited by Min on Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:44 pm

OoC)) Skip, Sorry I'm having a hard time and in short Rosko follows Etin in rescuing Ven.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:00 am

Cinder 72 | Faux 43

If it wasn't for the bucket in her jaws, forcing her neck back and head high, Faux would of walked with her head low and shoulders bulging. The sun had long since reached its peak and was descending on the other side of the sky now, casting out a long, growing shadow behind the Vulpix's petite form as she walked. It will be dark soon. She noted. Its a good thing we got so much done today; it'll be a safe night now. The last week or so had been particularly bad for the fox before she met her friends. The undead had been more frequent, nights being the worst, and more then once she had to abandon sleep to stay safe. Now, with friends and a proper shelter, that seemed very unlikely and, if something did show up, it would be a lot easier to take care of it.
    One of her ears twitches at the drum of paws, making the fox flinch and roughly turn her head toward the sound before she even heard the voice call, "Faux!" Her body relaxed a bit, though her paws remained ready to sprint away, as she watched the Eevee and pixie approach. Cinder's accusations were unjust. They both looked no worse for wear.

Setting the bucket down, and feeling a cramp starting in her jaw already, the Vulpix nodded in a return greeting. "Look at the berries we got!" Casting her dusting gaze back toward the legend Faux acknowledged the favorable collection with a soft grin and gentle huff. "That's a good looking pile. Mixed with Hayato's catch we will have plenty to eat tonight." She offers a compliment to the pair, noting the different varieties of berries. "I found some of them!" Miyu's delight was almost contagious, and received a light swish of her many tails. "Your eyes must be very sharp."
    Her focus pulled away from the pair when she realized, well, just that; they were a pair. Where is Rebel? Nether Pokemon displayed the distress she would of expected at this development, sending the Vulpix into a suspicious calm. Perhaps he has gone off to feed away from us. Doubt clouded her idea. That's too polite for his blood. Again her gaze falls upon the Eevee and Faux must give the non-present Jolteon the benefit of the doubt. For her, I could see it. Hopefully he wouldn't drag whatever he caught back. "I'm gonna go see what Cinder is doing!" Miyu chirped, bringing the fox out of her thoughts, and she called out, "She will be glad to see you!" as the fluffy kit scampered off.

Giving her rusty pelt a hard shake Faux grabs the buckets handle again and starts weaving her way back to the water at a fast trot. The group had almost completely gathered, with those still in the Castle easy to round back up. Soon they could feast and, if she didn't take her dear sweet time, have an actual drink with it as well. Rounding past some broken cobblestone paving the pond came into sight and the fox wondered if she would have to make yet another trip after this for more mud. If I filled the bucket with it- "Hey!" Again, a sudden voice broke her thoughts, making the Vulpix whip around, tails flared.
    At first the sight didn't registrar as familiar. Undead. Screamed in her mind. Danger. Instantly she dropped the bucket, her inner ember roaring with excitement. Blast it! It called out but the vulpine held her ground, ready to dodge, and watched as the Joltie slowed to a calm stop and finally registered as a familiar. "Can I help you?" She growled defensively, feeling fire burn in the back of her throat. "Hey? Do you, erm, mind if I tag along?" Tag along? The phrase repeats mentally but it is no easier to accept the second time. The scent of fresh blood lingered on him; the undead had killed. "I'm fuckin' bored. I'd be happy to go screw off, but I figured I'd ask."

The undead made one tiny step closer, or perhaps it was just a body shift, and a surge of panic flooded the Vulpix's tiny form. "Do. NOT. Get. Any. Closer." She roared valiantly at the Jolteon, showing the flames that licked at her teeth. "We do not need you contaminating our water source." A growl rumbled deep in her throat as she reached for the buckets handle once more. Taking a step back the fox paced alongside the edge of the water, blocking it from the other Pokemon. "You can stay and 'screw off' and do whatever it is that you do, but do not touch this oasis." Even if he meant no harm she was not about to take chances.

Cinder's expression had fallen, and while she did not care if the bird saw she angled her face away anyway. Please find her.. She prayed silently, staring blankly at the wall she had repaired with Faux. Of course Miyu was safe. She had her.. friend, beside her! And a legend! She would be back any moment and then they could- "Cinder?" The familiar squeak drew the Quilava's entire body around in greeting. She was here! "Miyu! Oh gosh Im so glad you are safe!" The welcomed sight of Miyu's fuzzy brown form brought a beaming grin to the fire types face, though her eye still told of anxieties within. An overwhelmingly relieved breath exploded from her lungs, easing the weasels body and mind. She was okay, she was okay! "Is something wro--" The kit froze with a look of utter dread.

For a moment, Cinder did the same. What, what just happened? "-Wrong--w-wrong... is something?" The Eevee vainly tried to continue her thought, the distress plain on her face. Oh gods whats happening!? flicking her head where Miyu's eyes had just been Cinder can see nothing unusual or threatening that wasn't there a moment ago. In fact, there was nothing but the birds- "Oh, oh no no no no no no no no noooo!" Backpedaling so hard the Quilava lopped up to the Eevee, extending a persuasive paw as she circled around to the back of her, hopefully enticing Miyu to turn away from the gory sight so she would see nothing but the flaming starter Pokemon. "No no! Nothings wrong, nothings wrong. Hayato.. Hayato brought food for our carnivorous friends, that's all." Yesterday was a blur but Cinder couldn't recall if Miyu cringed at her hunting or not. Was it just the sight, the scent, the presence, all of it together? Would she be unable to stay in the room with the cadaver? "Its fine its fine, you can stick to the berries you got, its perfectly fine!" Glancing over at the berries pride mixes uncomfortably with her panic. "I didnt expect so many! You two did a great job." She cheered, grinning sheepishly back at the Eevee, trying anything to bring her mood back up.
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:06 am

Battle Frontier | Afternoon l (78)(12)

"Oh, oh no no no no no no no no noooo!" Nothing was wrong? Nothing was wrong, Cinder could repeat it, but that didn't make the Staraptor in front of Miyu any less dead. Wait.
    Maybe they hadn't killed it, but maybe they brought it in so that they could give it a proper burial later? Yes! That had to be it. With a somewhat awkward gait, the Quilava bounded to Miyu and offered a paw, the kit now giving an approving smile and sliding around on her butt to face Cinder. "No no! Nothings wrong, nothings wrong. Hayato.. Hayato brought food for our carnivorous friends, that's all." Cinder's words dealt more damage than she'd probably intended. ... What?

Miyu's lips parted slightly as she took in a breath. H.. Hayato did this? If Rebel and Mesprit hadn't been there, could it had been Miyu laying there instead? Perhaps his joke hadn't been so lighthearted. This bird was just like us... It was surviving this hellish world, only to be killed to feed them? Wasn't life precious? What made them any different from the undead?!
    "Its fine its fine, you can stick to the berries you got, its perfectly fine!" Cinder said, gesturing to the berries as though to detour the subject away from the sensitive topic of death, "I didnt expect so many! You two did a great job."

"Really?" Miyu blinked, her cheeks getting warm under her fur at the praise. "Are you gonna eat berries too?"

Damn. Since when did the world ending make all women crazy? The Vulpix clearly showed Reb the flames she could fry his ass with at any moment, fearlessly giving him a warning; "Do. NOT. Get. Any. Closer." He paused awkwardly. He didn't intend on dying again, so he'd better not-- "Ooh. Feisty." he toyed with the Vulpix, the quip coming as a second reaction.

"We do not need you contaminating our water source." Damn, she was cold. Rebel's eyes lidded halfway in annoyance as the Vulpix continued to deny his rather strange attempt at being nice. "I never intended on dancing in the pond and spreading germs. But if I did, I'm sure there's some Germ-X in the Frontier we could put in the wa--"

"You can stay and 'screw off' and do whatever it is that you do, but do not touch this oasis." Fuck, all he was trying to do was make friends and she was shielding the pond like he was going to throw a pond party in it. She must not've liked parties. Rebel threw his head back in a snorting laugh, "See, when you say it like that, it just sounds wrong. Maybe I need to work on my wording."
    He stood up on his back legs and flopped backwards, landing on the ground and staring at the sky with disinterested eyes. He flicked a single red glance to the female, "How 'bout the weather?"
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:52 pm

Etincelle 56 | Melanie 65

Etincelle hurried his pace, unable to fathom why Ven would be calling out from further down the hall. Didnt he go with the others? His memory eludes him, only latching to that of leaving Mel behind and the disappointment on her muzzle. How did he get back here? Oh legends I hope he's not hurt. They just escaped death, they didnt need any more. But.. maybe it wasnt bad. What if he found something that needs tending to. Like he cant pick it up. Undead, supplies, something as creepy as the nest? Whatever it was he was going to find out! ..As soon as he found Ven, that is. "Etin? Etinzelle?" The Electrikes tiny ears hone on to the sound of the bats voice. To the left. His paws follow the sound, taking instructions from the cries."Yeah! We're coming!" He calls out, stopping for only a moment to sniff and look. "Keep Talking!"

Even if they couldn't see Ven his voice carried pretty well in here and each word made for pretty easy instructions. "Etinzelle? Vhere are you--" Anxiety pulses through the tiny hound as the bats voice cuts off. That couldn't be good. Instantly he pounds his paws against the floor, kicking up all the extra speed he could muster to round the next corner. The next set of words are soft and terrifying, "Oh no." and the electric type bounds around the corner to see a both relieving and horrifying sight. "Ven!"

While Ven appeared to be okay a rabid looking undead stood, ready to pounce, right behind him. It snarled at the sight of new Pokemon but was intent on getting its prey. "No!" Etincelle cried, sprinting forward in a blind panic. He couldn't let Ven die. Not again. Not like this. With sparks littering his pelt the Electrike leaped over the bat and slammed himself once more against an undead. He was no fighter, truly he wasn't, but by the gods he wasn't about to watch another friend die.

"Mmm...you're right. It has been a while..." The Ninetales' many tails give a small wag. Oh thank Dialga that they could get out of the room. It was driving her nutty!
    The loud creaking of the door opening sends tingles down her spine. While expected yet her body did not seem prepared to hear it and give her a positive chill. "Shall we?" Mist beckons, moving even closer to the doorway. Sniffing to hopefully get a better idea of the snakes position Mel nods, gently padding forward. "Let us."

Being extra cautious not to bump into Mist or take up too much space in the hall Mel trots confidently with her ears erect. Any sound they made felt really loud with the walls so close by, easily guiding her forward without fear of crashing. "I hope there is food," She repeats again, thinking aloud. At this point she would be willing to eat just about anything.

The hall seemed a lost shorter then it had before as they made it back to the foyer. The air didn't feel nearly as stale or heavy, the expanse of space noticeable even without eyes. "Hey guys." She tries to sound cheerful as she announces her arrival. With a twitch of her ears the Ninetales can hear the others talking though their words are lost as something horrid reaches her nose. Is that, blood? Her snout wrinkles in disgust, not at all expecting the pungent sent and that of death behind it. Though she hoped for food Mel hadn't even thought about meat and what it brought. "Is.. I-is everything alr-right?"
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:36 pm

94| |70

Try as he might, he can't turn around. He just...can't. The Golbat's frozen in fear--not even a tremble managing to move his body. He can almost, almost feel a hot breath scorching, exhaling onto his back. A heavy, dreadful heat, tingling against his blue hide.

Heavy, swift footsteps herald Etincelle's arrival--the outlines of his vibrant pelt visible through the darkness as the canine turns the corner. "Ven!" With barely a pause, the electric-type is already dashing forward. "No!"

"Etinze--!!" Ven's words cut off short in fear and surprise as the Electrike leaps over him, electricity crackling from his pelt. It's almost a holy sight--stray sparks illuminating the dog's hues of blue and yellow, almost glowing in the dark hallway. The undead behind him is hit almost dead-on, recoiling and stumbling backwards in the hallway with a strangled gargle and snap of teeth.

But it's clearly not enough. Faint scraping click and hiss from tile as the infected rises back onto it's feet. A monstrous, looming figure--tall and thin, clearly emaciated in appearance with skin concaving into the hollows of it's skeleton. Some sort of dark, viscous sludge dribbling out from it's mouth; it smells faintly of blood and smoke. Organs hanging stiffly from a vertical gash across it's underside, a putrid stench accompanying the sight. Rib-like back armor lines it's spines, curling inwards so that it's points beging to puncture it's inky hide. Upon it's head are two massive, cracked horns--spiraling towards it's disgusting maw. A Houndoom.

Panic shoots through Ven's body when he witnesses fire beginning to lick at the mutt's teeth, a sharp crackle of ember and the pungent odor of burning flesh beginning to fill the halls. "Oh no--oh no," his terrified gaze snaps towards the Electrike, fear quaking his words, "vhat--vhat do ve do--?"

The abyssmal feeling of helplessness is back. He can't run. He can barely fight. What can he do? He's just endangering them--a burden--absolutely useless--

Is he going to die again?

---

With the Ninetales's lithe form slipping out of the doorway and into the hallway, Mist slithers out slowly behind her. She follows closely behind, the sound of her scales brushing against the tile as she moves the only indication of her presence. She watches the fox in front of her, her confident trot and posture something to be envious of.

"I hope there is food," she remarks as she canters through the hall. Mist responds with a smile.

"I hope so, too. The serpent raises her body a little higher to peer over the fire-type's form. "Maybe something meaty. That'd be nice."

When they arrive in the foyer, Mel announces herself quite cheerily--an emotion that quickly washes away when she notices the smell. Mist notices it, too--quietly eyeing the body of the bird. She feels conflicted. Opening her mouth to take in the scents of the room, she also clears her throat to speak, before realizing something--someone--is missing. She didn't even catch his scent on her way here.

"...where is Ven?"
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:50 am

Battle Castle| Afternoon

The Houndoom rushes after Etin in an attempt to rescue Ven from danger. "Ven!" Etin shouted out as they was approaching where he was. Rosko started smelling rot and something burning nearby. "No!" The Electrike jumped over the Golbat and Rosko stopped right on top of Ven. "Etinze--!!" Ven shouted out as Etin hits the undead head on. It wasn't enough to kill them all in one shot, but it did enough to make them stumble back. Rosko looked around and was ready to attack the undead. The Houndoom watched as the undead started rising back up from the ground. The attack Etin used wasn't enough to keep them down. Every single one of the undead was familiar to Rosko by the species and they wasn't as strong as they looked. Then the same smell that he caught wind of earlier started getting stronger. Did they miss one from a room earlier? Either way that smell wasn't good.

The Houndoom turned his head and what he seen had completely shocked him. Red eyes, Dark fur, curled horns, and it was the same species as he was. As it came into plain view, Rosko's eye widened from what he was seeing. Another Houndoom and its guts was hanging out of a wound underneath it. The sludge it was dripping out of its maw was discolored with blood and smoke. Upon closer examination there was a mark on its head that Rosko could only remember. Could it be who he think it was or was it just a mimic of who he thought it was? "Oh no--oh no," Ven was terrified at what he was seeing and worse it was staring right at him.
    "vhat--vhat do ve do--?" The Houndoom fired off a flamethrower at the ground keeping the undead Houndoom back, but the fire just faded after ten seconds on the ground. The undead houndoom's gaze turned towards Rosko and a faint voice was coming from it. Soon Rosko picked up on what it was saying to him. Runt? could it be me brother nay not anymore he is, now he's nothing more than a bilge rattata This was the last remnants of what was his sibling.

Whether Rosko was able to fight him or not was his own choice, but one thing was certainly clear on this point; he would need help with this one as his strength alone wasn't enough to take out the undead houndoom. "Ven me lad, climb up on me. Its a good day to send these bilge rattatas to Davy Jones Locker." He looks right at the other Houndoom and what came out of Rosko's mouth next had truly sounded like a pirate. "Argh, Ye be wise to run away or there be doom abound." As fire started licking out of Rosko's maw, the Houndoom looked back over to Etin and nodded. He was about to unleash a powerful flamethrower at the weaker undead that was still around. They couldn't let any of these undead live any further or else they could end up getting to the others. "Har Har! Have at ye bilge rattatas!" The Houndoom said in a pirate like tone.  

Mesprit
    Mesprit

Post by Mesprit Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:24 am

Outside the Battle Frontier || Afternoon || Post 15
    Flying alongside Miyu, Mesprit listened to the Eevee talk, a smile on her face. "Rebel would probably dance in mud!" Her golden eyes rolled at the thought, giggling as Miyu backpedaled out of that thought. "Well, that's just disturbing! Forget I said it!" Chuckling lightheartedly, Mesprit teased a playful, "I'll try my best."

They began to get closer to the shelter, and every so often Mesprit would have to stop to make sure the berries moved past obstacles without an issue. "Yay! I'm tired! When everything is safe, I'm gonna throw a munch on some berries and then sleep until the apocalypse ends!" Smiling warmly at the Eevee's joy, Mesprit flew above her, stopping as Miyu turned around suddenly. "I'm sorry! Do you need help carrying the berries? You aren't tired, are you? I don't know what it's like to be a Psychic." Shaking her head, Mesprit declined politely. "No, no! I'm fine dear." She said, grinning at the Eevee in order to sooth her nerves.

"I'm gonna grow thumbs one day so I can carry stuff better! And maybe I can help the next time your tails get stuck in seaweed!" Laughing at the thought, Mesprit grinned and gave Miyu a thumbs up. "I can wait to see that!" She giggled, before following Miyu as the two made their way back to the frontier.

"Faux!" Miyu called out to the Vulpix, trotting over with a large smile on her face. "Look at the berries we got!" Lifting the berries slightly higher, Mesprit made sure that they didn't brush the ground. "That's a good looking pile. Mixed with Hayato's catch we will have plenty to eat tonight." Catch? Mesprit's eyes narrowed slightly. What kind of catch? "I found some of them!" Despite that, Miyu continued to plod along, so Mesprit followed closely. "Your eyes must be very sharp." Faux praised them, and Miyu beamed. "I'm gonna go see what Cinder is doing!" With that, the Eevee ran off, and Mesprit flew after her, the berries trailing behind her. "She will be glad to see you!"

The duo ran down the corridors, with Mesprit flying backwards so that she could control the path of the berries as they continued on their path. Soon enough, they arrived. "Cinder?" Stopping beside Miyu, Mesprit carefully put the berries down beside what seemed to be the designated food pile. "Miyu! Oh gosh I'm so glad you are safe!" Mesprit watched the two embrace, picking up feelings of relief and happiness from the Quilava.

"Is something wro--" Oh no. Mesprit guess that the Eevee had just spotted the Staraptor - probably Hayato's catch. "-Wrong--w-wrong... is something?" Fear and confusion pulsed off the Eevee, and Mesprit moved to comfort the Normal Type, but Cinder beat her to it. "Oh, oh no no no no no no no no noooo!" The Quilava's hurried cry was a bit too loud for the Legend's liking, but it seemed to work.

"No no! Nothings wrong, nothings wrong. Hayato.. Hayato brought food for our carnivorous friends, that's all." Well, it wasn't the answer that Mesprit would of given, but it worked. "Its fine its fine, you can stick to the berries you got, it's perfectly fine!" Well, they got more than enough of them, so it wouldn't be too bad. "I didn't expect so many! You two did a great job." Pride washed through the Legend, and she felt a similar emotion roll off the Eevee. "Really?" Mesprit floated down to the ground, glad for the rest after flying for that long and holding that many objects up with her psychic powers. "Are you gonna eat berries too?"

Looking over at Cinder, Mesprit waited for the answer. It was no question that the Legend and Miyu would eat berries, but would Cinder eat the meat or the berries? Perhaps a mix of both? Mesprit wasn't entirely sure, so she just stayed quiet to listen to what Cinder said.

Mesprit; The Emotion Pokémon
    ||EJ League Mod||||Assistant Mod||
    |тарейший и сильную эмоцию человечества является страX||
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:27 pm

Cinder 73 | Faux 44

The Quilava's mouth felt dry and ashen. While Miyu seemed to recover from the sudden shock of a fresh corpse in their sleeping quarters that didn't make things any less sensitive. "Really?" Giving her an honest nod Cinder grinned softly, "Really really." Everyone would be able to eat today, a treat for wild Pokemon even without a disease to haunt their food. "Are you gonna eat berries too?"
    A Heavy feeling curled in the pit of Cinder's stomach. She was starving and good meat like this was rare. Even her Rattata the other day had been meek and stringy, hardly worth the effort. Plus she had had no appetite and barely had any of it. Its been so long. Could she really pass up this chance? While she attempts to avoid Miyu's gaze after the question the kits big brown eyes can not be ignored.
    Seconds ticked by, her grin growing forced as her cheeks ached. "Hey guys." Mel's voice calls from the other side of the room, instantly dragging the Quilava's attention away. She looks at the fox and serpent a the make their way back into the foyer, pleased to see them again. "Hey!" She calls back, rising a paw in an awkward, lacking wave.

The distraction had been enough to break the tension, allowing her response to be a lot less feigned. " 'Course, cant leave all that hard work for not." She could say the same for the bird but didn't dare do so. Any Pokemon could east berries, even fish, and even if she didnt want to. "Is.. I-is everything alr-right?" Flipping her gaze back to Melanie Cinder frowns, unsure what had set the fox off. Its fine! She was about to ask why Mel thought something was up when Mist asks something she did not except. "...where is Ven?"

..Huh? Ven? Nearly mumbling 'I thought he was with you' Cinder's mind doubles back and remembered that Ven had volunteered to help her. "I swear he was just here.." Was that true? She couldn't recall seeing him except maybe for a second?? Biting her lip the Quilava gives her head a hard shake. "He has to be around here somewhere; he couldn't of gone far." There was no way the Ven would leave and there had been no screams. A small knot of anxiety tickles her throat but the fire type doesn't let it  worry her. "Im sure he's fine."

Flames continued to crackle in the back of Faux's throat. Of all the company she could pick up it had to be him. Smart-assed dimwit. Even her warning seemed to have no effect on him, as he continued with a jibbing laugh. "See, when you say it like that, it just sounds wrong. Maybe I need to work on my wording." Rebel made a strange movement, sending alarm through the Vulpix that she near blasted his face with a stream a fire. Luckily, he let himself fall back instead of springing forward, exposing his belly in a pleased sprawl. With a hhhsss the fire died back, her inner ember still struggling from the excitement, and a long annoyed sigh gurgled its way from her muzzle. Was he trying to be irritating? Even so, such an unprotected pose could easily be a rouse or a trap.

For several moments Faux stood stiffly and stared just in case the undead made any other suspicious movements. Instead, she just got another risible question. "How 'bout the weather?" More moments pass, the fox utterly still and silent, as she tried to process the question. Are you serious. Her words falter, an tense half-grunt, half-chuckle escaping from her. Letting her muscles relax, though her eyes remained hard, Faux blew strands of fur from her eyes. "Im no bird," Blowing a small puff of fire into the air she watched it fizzle out, the smoke trailing inland. "But the winds are in our favor." She replied, grabbing her bucket again and dragging it closer to the waters edge. The mud was soft, her prints from earlier still visible amongst the brown. "It'll be a warm night."
    With a deep breath the Vulpix wades in a little, letting the water brush over the brown of her paws. Flicking the bucket forward she sinks it with one paw and watches as the water rushes in.
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:37 am

Battle Frontier | Afternoon l (79)(13)

Did I ask something wrong? The kit wondered as moments dragged on, her Fire buddy smiling but saying nothing. She backtracked in her thoughts, quickly adding on, “Um-um, it's okay if you don't--” Either her saviors from this awkward interaction or the destruction of her attempt to make things better came in the form of Mel and Mist. "Hey guys." The Ninetales greeted, Cinder following up with her own attempt at a wave in her new form; "Hey!"

“Hi, Mel! Mist!” Miyu's tail knocked back any old dust nearing it as the fluffy appendage swished to and fro happily. In the moment, Miyu had forgotten the goof she had made, but with the thick coating of tension melting away, Cinder gave a genuine response; " 'Course, cant leave all that hard work for not." Miyu bolted to her feet excitedly, darting to where Mesprit had placed the berries. She couldn't hide the silly smile that pulled at her lips as she sorted through them, “We have these... And these," she pawed them into order, “You can have whichever kind you...” she trailed off, her cream tipped ears catching something about Ven.

"He has to be around here somewhere; he couldn't of gone far." Cinder assured the snake, "Im sure he's fine." Miyu abandoned her mission to sort the berries - or rather, postponed it - and padded to Cinder's side. “Maybe,” she rose her paw towards the door, “Maybe Rebel could go find him? I bet Reb's lurking around somewhere, I could go get him?” She looked to the group for approval, unaware of utterly bad of an idea it must've sounded to the others.

Well, damn. Rebel turned his eyes away from the silent Vulpix lest she cook him for staring like a creep. Maybe I shoulda asked about politics instead? Finally, Faux made some type of sound. Luckily it wasn't threatening, but he still couldn't figure out if she were amused or annoyed. Damn woman.
    "Im no bird," she said, earning a snigger from Reb as he fought the urge to be a wise ass. A poof of fire from the fox dissipated in the breeze, "But the winds are in our favor." With her bucket in hand - in teeth, actually - the Vulpix seemed less standoffish as she moved towards the water, "It'll be a warm night."

“Well, thank Legends for that,” he cracked a smile rolling onto his stomach and stretching, “'Cuz Arceus knows nothing else in the damn world is in our favor. I haven't come across a working CD player in my whole fuckin' travel. Fuck my life.” He appeared more amused by his own words than he should've been, trying and failing to stifle a laugh. “Fuck the cold, too. I hate that shit. Viva warm weather and all that jazz.”

He laid his chin on his paws, watching the Vulpix submerge her paws into the water and dip her bucket in the pool. “So, who died and put you on water duty?” Reb asked, despite his choice of words, he wasn't being sarcastic. “Nobody else capable of carrying a damn bucket for you?”
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:34 pm

Etincelle 57 | Melanie 66

Was he a fool? A fool with no more then a deluded dream of peace and safety? The undead roared, Etincelle's electricity jazzing its dead muscles while the impact tore at its rotten hide. Did he really think he could kill or even just stop the undead with one faulty strike? That he could save his friend when he couldn't even save himself? Relaxing his muscles the small hound manages to land square on his paws and flip around just as the familiar crackles of fire buzz in his ears. "Oh no--oh no," The tiny Electrike stands petrified, all his courage lost in his one attack. This thing would make a meal of them both before he could do anything to it. The fire hisses louder, stressing the electric type to attack. "Ven, move!" He barks, praying it would encourage the bat into action.

But the Houndoom was still focused on Ven's fallen form, fire licking at its teeth. Do something! Not daring to get any part of the disease ridden creature in his mouth Etin rears onto his hindpaws, clawing at the dual types hide with his blunt claws. At the same time fire hissed into life, lighting up the dark hall as it roared.. toward him? Etin hopped back, his forepaws blocking his muzzle for a moment as the flames scorched the tips of his fur an burned at his eyes. The undead Houndoom bucked in surprise, the flames dying back to reveal that it was Rosko's attack! The canine crouched beside Ven, offering safety and swift passage. If the idea of an easy meal was gone they might have a chance against the undead,

"Argh, Ye be wise to run away or there be doom abound." The Houndoom growled, prepping another blast of fire. "We can't lead it back!" Etin exclaimed, bounding away from the undead and back toward the others. It growled a low, gurgling growl, taking slow steps toward them with clear agitation. "Ros-" He started, taking a step back and realizing what the other hound was going to do. Fear trickles along his spine. Fire on fire never did much.. and they could run but that didn't remove the threat. Thoughts of Mel flash in his mind, the Ninetales screams as the undead comes for her, unseen. Never. Over his dead body would that happen! Mel.. Another thought spurns from the image of Mel. What if it has Flash Fire? Did it still work for undead, when their skin rotted off and the blood grew thick? We can only prey for Early Bird..

"Har Har! Have at ye bilge rattatas!" The Houndoom crows, ready. Giving a nod Etin once more let sparks coat his shiny blue fur, but this time he does not charge. The undead looks at his light show, its red eyes full of hate. With one small hop forward the Electrike lets loose his Thunderwave, the cackling electricity swamping the Houndoom's form. It roars, trying to jump forward, but the creatures muscle lock up, unresponsive as it staggers to a total stand still. Its cruel jaws snapped at the air as its body was rooted to the spot, twitchy with sparks pulsing from dark purple-black fur. Stepping back Etin made sure he was behind the living Houndoom's fire range. "Paralysis doesn't always work," he panted, "Now's your chance!"

Mel flicks both ears in toward the sounds of conversation. "Are you gonna eat berries too?" Berries? But a reek that strong had to be from a admirably sized prey item. Approaching more slowly the Ninetales is careful of her footing, listening more to the others then anything else. "Hey!" “Hi, Mel! Mist!” They greeted cheerfully, but the tense feeling around the others was still palpable. Clearly, she had interrupted something, but she had no idea what. Cinder picks it up again with a gentle, " 'Course, cant leave all that hard work for not." in which Miyu patters off to presumably go over their latter. The sweet scent of fruits waif in from the other size of the room, a shocking difference from the blood and death.

Smiling, Mel angles her head toward Mist and asks, "I knew they'd find something. What did they bring in? But the serpent must of been distracted as her response was not what the Ninetales was expecting. "...where is Ven?" "Ven?" She repeats, taken off guard. Angling her ears in different directions she cant hear anything Ven-like. Nor can she smell a whiff of the bat, though that might just be from the other strong odors in the room. "He's not here?" He had gone with them to repair the walls. Surely he was here. But the Quilava's voice is hesitant, "I swear he was just here.. He has to be around here somewhere; he couldn't of gone far." So he wasn't here. Had they sent him away or something? Anxiety starts to churn in the fire types stomach. What was going on here?

"Im sure he's fine." "You dont know?" She presses, not wishing to make any more assumptions but is too shocked that the Quilava had seemingly lost their companion. “Maybe,” Miyu speaks up, politely taking her turn, “Maybe Rebel could go find him? I bet Reb's lurking around somewhere, I could go get him?” Rebel? Hadn't he been with her? Did she also not know where her companion was? What happened to safety in numbers... The last thing they needed was a time-bomb of an undead just wandering the grounds, waiting for any unsuspecting Pokemon to set him off. Swishing her many tails the Ninetales nods, demurring, "Yes, yes find Rebel. I bet he could track down Ven, no problem." Undead always seemed to have uncanny hunting senses. Maybe they could put that to use.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:06 am

95| |71

Heat. A near-blinding growth of flame slowly accumulating in the canine's mouth. Oh Arceus, oh Arceus--what can he do? Where can he run--where can he hide--the whole situation is overwhelming for Ven, terrified gaze darting back and forth between his allies and the foe while desperately trying to determine a course of action.

Etincelle's voice finally springs him into action. "Ven, move!" With the single command, he begins to scramble across the filthy tiles, briefly pausing when Rosko's form looms protectively over him.

"Ven me lad, climb up on me. Its a good day to send these bilge rattatas to Davy Jones Locker." The Houndoom's words ring loud and clear into the Golbat's ears, the poison-type already beginning to scramble up one of Rosko's hind legs and onto his back. He heaves on, gripping and pulling himself up with one of the canine's bone-like armor just in time to see flames spewing forth towards the undead. "Har Har! Have at ye bilge rattatas!"

In that moment, Etin becomes a living light show. Bountiful sparks engulfing his already shimmering pelt as he launches his Thunderwave--and it hits home. The undead stiffens, body painfully rigid with paralysis as it struggles in attempts to move. It twitches, snapping teeth and disgusting gargles bubbling from it's throat.

Ven's eyes light up with hope. They have a chance! A grin of something almost like excitement bursts from his expression. "Ve can do zis!" he exclaims, gripping Rosko's pelt tighter to stay on. "Fire in ze hole!"

---

"I swear he was just here...he has to be around here somewhere; he couldn't of gone far. I'm sure he's fine."

What. Mist opens her mouth to voice her concern but Melanie speaks first, stating exactly what the serpent thinks. "You dont know?"

The Arbok can only furrow her brow, a slight bitterness in her expression as she cranes her neck, surveying her surroundings in hopes that she could somehow find some clues to her friend's whereabouts. How in the world could they just lose him?! Ven especially--in this Arceusforsaken building with little route to escape and few proper places to hide--he doesn't even have the ability to fly!

Miyu's words pipe up, managing to calm the poison-type slightly. “Maybe, maybe Rebel could go find him? I bet Reb's lurking around somewhere, I could go get him?” The snake turns to the Eevee with a slow blink, the unease and worry evident in her eyes. She nods in agreement alongside Mel.

"It'd be appreciated..." she mumbles with a flick of her tongue. "With his wings like that, I'm just worried that if he does get caught by an undead...you know." Her hood droops, but she does her best to urge the thoughts away. She hasn't smelled any fresh blood yet--nor heard any screaming--so surely--? "...thank you, Miyu."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 5:53 pm