Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+6
Alhoon
Mesprit
Zapdos
Suicune
Lugia
Mew
10 posters

Anonymity of Staff

Mew
    Mew
    Legendary
    Legendary

Anonymity of Staff Empty Anonymity of Staff

Post by Mew Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:37 am

As many of you know, since late 2011 there has been a policy here on EJ to keep the identities of Mods separate. There are numerous reasons for this. Mods have a habit of... attracting hate and scorn from members when thing aren't going as planned on the site. When systems break, mods soak the hit for the admins, lessen the blow. When a member is banned, mods are the ones who manage the community, calming them, making sure people aren't too upset. When the purge happened, it was the mods who were tasked with smoothing things over, trying to ease the transition, and keep members happy. Often, it is mods who suggest plot (for better of for worse), and it is the mods who manage many of the systems on the site, with the admins in a mere supervisory role.

But Suicune is considering a change, and I have offered to be the vanguard of that change, a test subject to see how well this goes over, before the option is offered to the other staff. Tonight, I am revealing myself, publicly, to see how the loss of anonymity impacts a staff member.

I joined the site in March of 2012. I have had very few characters of my own, but have cherished them all deeply. My name is Apos, and I'm friends with many of you here already. It's a pleasure to meet you all, again.

Last edited by Mew on Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Maintainence/Coding Admin
    Anonymity of Staff Hz72hB2
    Lugia
    Lugia
    Administrator
    Administrator

Anonymity of Staff Empty Re: Anonymity of Staff

Post by Lugia Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:08 pm

As some of you may have seen, I have come back to the site more in full, rather than just lurking now and again. Specifically, on chat. You also may have noticed that another older user has come back as well, and I'll say now this is not coincidence. Following Mew's brave example, I'll go ahead and reveal that yes, Silverishness and I are the same person. I'm sure that this is really no surprise to some of you, especially older members, ahaha. But I feel that an official announcement would be beneficial.

I do want to say that if, for whatever reason, anyone harbors any sort of grudge or bitterness toward me for anything I've down on this account, please, talk to me so we can resolve it. This is me coming back home, and I want it to be a fresh start.

I'm sorry if this truth hurts anyone, truly. But there's no real need for secrets now, at least not with my identity. So, I'll say this again:

It's great to be home.

Anonymity of Staff Shadowlugiasig

Lugia
    Admin

"It's amazing how hard someone will fight for their underpants."

Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Suicune Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:52 am

After a tedious and very difficult argument with myself, I decided that I am also 'coming out.'
    When we created this site, we quickly realized that we needed some anonymity to do the difficult tasks around the site, such as banning and other extremely unpleasant and upsetting jobs of correction.
    We never want to do those things, but we had to be protected by potential hostility by having an alternate account.
    I do apologize if this deception has hurt anyone, as Lugia said. It was never my intention to do that. It was a necessary thing for a long while, as we've had a lot of drama on the site.
    And quite honestly, I've been wanting to come out and let you all know that I am who I am. Because we're all friends, and I wanted to share who I am for the longest time, but it was a heavy burden of secrecy, for the good of the site.

So this is me, Fox, reporting in as Suicune.
    I'm still here for all of you, as both of us.
    I've always been here for our members, and I always will be.

Suicune
    Founding Admin

Zapdos
    Zapdos
    Legendary
    Legendary

Post by Zapdos Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:25 am

Suicune and Lugia have always been role models for myself. I have always taken after their strength and worked hard to be fair and just like them. In hard times, they have both been great friends to me. More so, even. Sil has been an older sister to me for a long time now, and Fox has always been someone I cared for greatly, leaning on each other in times of desperation, even when not able to be near each other.
    I knew their identities from my time as an Admin alongside them, and they have both done painful and beautiful things. I never regret my time with them and I cherish the memories of us back in the day.

I am not an Admin, and I've always been known, so this isn't some huge thing really. Most members already know, I'm sure, ad mods/past staff know well who I am.
    I have gone through hard times in my life, both recently and when I was new to staff. I have always done my very best to follow the amazing examples in Fox ad Sil, not just Suicune and Lugia. I looked up to them all as individuals, and I loved them all for long before and after knowing the truth.

When Mew came out, I was extremely upset. I nearly had a anxiety attack, I could not breathe. I have always depended on other people to look up to and Zapdos was my crutch long since I joined Mod and unchanged even when I stepped down and left EJ. He was someone strong, who did the hard things alongside Suicune and Lugia, as well as screwed around in chat with the members and people he loves. He made me laugh, forced me to be happy, when I would enter chat sobbing. He brought my mood up and spirits became higher when I could not breathe after a day of anxiety attacks back in school. He's made me cry more than any one person I know, and all in joy, when I am laughing so hard I can not get air in my lungs. He has been someone people looked up to, though I only understood why when I stepped back and thought of him as him and not as me. Mew has told me this countless times. But I have low self esteem, and I loathe myself at times.

But I am stronger now. I will never stop being me and I won't eve lose the Zapdos inside. I am coming out as well in public, to let you all know this is Ricxs, Vincent, and I do not regret a damn thing I have done in my time as him. I have helped so many of you, and I will never stop striving to in time.
    Mesprit
    Mesprit

Post by Mesprit Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:43 pm

Because it seems to be obvious ahaha, (I'm terrible at hiding myself from others x3) I'm coming out as Duma~ I'm so terrible at being two people x3

Anonymity of Staff Mesprit
    Mesprit; The Emotion Pokémon
    ||EJ League Mod||||Assistant Mod||
    |тарейший и сильную эмоцию человечества является страX||
    Alhoon
    Alhoon
    Rebellion
    Rebellion

Post by Alhoon Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:35 pm

Due to a recent push to be more open about identities, I am unmasking myself, and removing the veil over me that labels me as just a harbinger. I am Apos, as Mew is. I am allowed to make myself public due to being, primarily, a plot device. I am also the point of contact for the harbingers, as Honchkrow before me was.
    Xatu
    Xatu
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Xatu Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:31 pm

This is something I never thought I would be doing. I would like to first point out that I will never be seen out of character. When I post, it will always be me and not the person behind the computer.

I am posting publicly to say that I was created, developed, and ran by the infamous Vincent/Zapdos. Apparently he, like Lugia, is also everyone on the site, haha.

Have a good evening everyone, we will be returning soon as circumstances allow.
    Honchkrow
    Honchkrow
    Harbinger
    Harbinger

Post by Honchkrow Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:59 pm

After quite a bit of deliberation and considering my fellow harbingers are ridding themselves of their dreadful masks, I have decided that I too shall unveil the person behind the curtain. I will add that like Xatu, I will not be out of character, ever, from this point on, strictly because there is simply no point, ahaha.

I am here to declare that though I was created by another admin, I was piloted and completely developed and written by
    Lugia/ Silverishness. Ahahaha, I told you I was everyone.

I debated long and hard before coming to the conclusion of revealing myself, as I've always held this particular character very near and dear to my heart. Somehow, I always find myself being a little more articulate and sophisticated, and it's always a joy to slip this greasy feather suit on. But alas, there is no need for the anonymity anymore, and thus it is time to shed the cloak.

So once more, I am here, humbly at your service.

[center]Anonymity of Staff 18oq4g
    Cobalion
    Cobalion

Post by Cobalion Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:31 pm

I'm posting here to reaffirm what I've already revealed in the chatbox at an earlier date: I am Drago, and I'm happy to be able to work with everyone once more.

Anonymity of Staff 638
    Iron Will Pokemon
    Reservations Moderator
    Azelf
    Azelf
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Azelf Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:26 pm

Cobalion reminded me by posting here.

I already revealed this once in a group call chat, but not everyone was there so for those who weren't; I'm Starprincess13.  Also known as Sara.  I'll continue to post in character on the occasion I enter the EJ site chatbox and most other places, though.

(And now to go work on warnings for the night.  Make sure you've all posted, dears.)

Anonymity of Staff Y2srlZqAnonymity of Staff 3ani__482__xy
    Ψ Warnings Manager Ψ

Es gibt nichts schlimmeres als die unwissenheit in aktion.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:52 pm