Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

3 posters

A few Fossil Questions! (Answered~)

Anonymous

A few Fossil Questions! (Answered~) Empty A few Fossil Questions! (Answered~)

Post by Guest Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:32 am

So just wondering, would a fossil be considered a held item? If i made a character be carrying an item, would that mean it can't have an item that affects its stats? ((can't remember if that's been addressed or not, sorry .-.))

And would the fossil keep all of its old memories from before it died and was fossilized? Or would it be more of a clone and just look identical to the old self? :\

Also, would it be too much of a stretch to have a de-fossilization machine still up and running even after all the apocalypse? Thought it might be fun to have a character be carrying a fossil for most of the adventure, then come upon a machine and the fossil comes to life....

Last edited by Tryvex on Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

A few Fossil Questions! (Answered~) Empty Re: A few Fossil Questions! (Answered~)

Post by Min Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:19 am

I'm not sure the de-fossilization machine would be allowed, since in the games a scientist takes it and does stuff to it, asks you to come back later. With that in mind we're not sure exactly they do to the fossil to revive it, so a machine would go against game-canon, because scientists revive them.

Here's a blurb from Bulba...

" However, due to the fact that the Fossil Pokémon is resurrected into the preserved corpse of the prehistoric Pokémon, the living Pokémon regenerated from the Fossil is not exactly the same as the Pokémon it was in the previous life since the process of reviving a Fossil Pokémon is actually done by extracting the broken genes from the Fossil and rebuilding them to recreate the missing parts that were decomposed before installing them onto the skeleton of the dead Pokémon. This may also imply that the revived Pokémon probably has no recollection of its past life."

With the blurb in mind, I'm not sure if it's possible for them to have any past recollections, and since it isn't the same body there might be a few differences from what they looked like in the past.

It's up for the admins to make the final decision though, lol.
    Drago
    Drago
    Ace
    Ace

A few Fossil Questions! (Answered~) Empty Re: A few Fossil Questions! (Answered~)

Post by Drago Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:22 pm

As to the part of memories, I've had Aegis remember bits and pieces from his past, then slowly, as time goes on, he forgets it, and can't remember back past his rebirth. There's technically no strict game canon for this, so I think it'd be a judgement call.
    Suicune
    Suicune
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Suicune Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:24 pm

Think of it as Jurassic Park.
    They are essentially cloning them.
    Shards of memories may be possible to make it a bit interesting, but nothing past that.

Suicune
    Founding Admin

Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:03 pm

Hmm, thank you everyone~

Think i will use the shards of memory thing a little. Might play around with it and make the pokemon have a warped prospective about its own history cause of that |D

Still not too sure if i'd be able to find a working de-fossilizer in the RP because like Lulu said, but i keep thinking about that...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:55 am