Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

2 posters

Canon-ness Question.

Anonymous

Canon-ness Question.   Empty Canon-ness Question.

Post by Guest Fri May 25, 2012 1:14 pm

So i have a question about the canon-ness about certain pokemon from their pokedex description. Like for Cubone, it says that it wears the skull of its dead mother.

Are we allowed to create a cubone who never meet its mother, or who's mother has not died? Because then it would not have a skull to wear.

And for Kangaskhan, there is no evolution for it, but they have babies, so if the mother dies, would the baby kangaskhan continue to live? and would we be allowed to RP as on?

Shellder when it comes to Slowbro & Slowking. it is still a shellder even when it is attached to the pokemon, so would we need to make it a dual character if we wish to have them both talk? And would we be allowed to have the shellder still retain its moves?

((there are a lot more, but those are the only ones i can think of off the top of head.))

So basically, are we allowed to play around with the pokemon as long as it is validated through the games/pokedex?

Last edited by Tryvex on Fri May 25, 2012 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Apos
    Apos
    Donator
    Donator

Canon-ness Question.   Empty Re: Canon-ness Question.

Post by Apos Fri May 25, 2012 1:24 pm

As far as kangaskhan go, I don't think it's a matter of leveling up to evolve, but a matter of time. So I believe you could make the baby kangaskhan, but keep it at an appropriately low level for the duration of it's time alive (or undead).
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 25, 2012 1:40 pm

If I may add in my own thoughts on this topic regarding Cubone and Kangaskhan babies, am I the only one who thinks they should be related? Maybe Cubone happens to be a Kangaskhan baby after losing its Kangaskhan mother? It may not be entirely canon, but they do look quite similar.

Then again, this suggestion might cause more complications than benefits ^_^;
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 25, 2012 1:46 pm

Yeah, that's a long debated theory. ((which i like to believe also))

But i didn't add it in because the games make no reference to it at all |D

Maybe if some one added in a fakemon/mutation submission about that, then it could be implemented
    Lugia
    Lugia
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Lugia Sun May 27, 2012 6:20 am

Ah, the inconsistencies of the pokemon world. While my fellow admins and I strive to make the logistics of this world stable, there's always incongruencies within the normal Nintendo canon that are always blaringly there...

These are my opinions:

Cubone: No, because we honestly don't know how it looks like without the mask. Yes, the kangaskhan theory may explain it, but it's not concrete. Any cubone character should have the skull. Nintendo treats it like it's simply a part of the body, even though it shifts like a mask would. /sigh/ Flippin Nintendo.

Kangaskhan: There was an episode back in the original anime saga where a baby kangaskhan was separated from its mother. This was before baby pokemon were introduced in the second Gen, and therefore, should qualify as another species. However, Game Freak and Nintendo never make mistakes, so the baby would be always lumped with the mother. I would think that this is an admissible pokemon, and perhaps should even be introduced as a "fakemon", (since it is not offically its own species.) However, maybe it could be open to normal users, since it is in normal canon? Fellow admins?

Shellder, Slowbro and Slowking: I would say no. I've never seen or heard of one still having its own identity after evolution, much like remoraid and mantine, except it no longer resembles a shellder at all. I would think of it as just a shellfish wih eyes now, and should have the same mental capacities as Girafarig's tail.

In closing, all of these incongruencies would have to be looked at case by case. They're all too different to give a staple answer.

Canon-ness Question.   Shadowlugiasig

Lugia
    Admin

"It's amazing how hard someone will fight for their underpants."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:47 am