Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

4 posters

Human Canon RP?

Anonymous

Human Canon RP? Empty Human Canon RP?

Post by Guest Mon May 14, 2012 8:01 pm

So in chat, everyone was talking of sister sites and how some plots link up to Epidemic Johto's plot.

I somehow came to the thought of humans. Like the trainers, not any gijinkas of sort, but the Pokemon trainers, scientists, fishermen, etc. How about a Canon RP of that? :'x

Like human survivors of the Epidemic Johto that's gathered somewhere and using a RAdio or something to find other survivors. The human survivors could possibly have a Pokemon with them, but nonetheless, just an idea.
    Anonymous

Human Canon RP? Empty Re: Human Canon RP?

Post by Guest Mon May 14, 2012 8:03 pm

Hmm, I like this idea. It's a very good idea I have to say.

We humans are very resourceful. So it wouldn't surprise me if some human's DID survive.
    Catalyst
    Catalyst
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Catalyst Mon May 14, 2012 8:03 pm

:U Me gusta this idea lol

Human Canon RP? I61jEL3
    Just hold out against the night

And guard your hope with your life
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 14, 2012 8:10 pm

That would certainly be very interesting for a sister site :V
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 14, 2012 8:12 pm

I really like this idea, seeing Humans trying survive also, the constant fear that the smallest of bites could mean death to them, and how they might over-react to that. Maybe even the shock of not knowing what is going on and just being told to evacuate while seeing beloved pokemon companions go crazy.

Question though, would this take place at the same time as EJ? Or at the beginning of the epidemic?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 14, 2012 8:20 pm

I'd say about the same time xD
    Keep everything from being so confusing.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 14, 2012 8:22 pm

Really, why use people when you can have pokemon?
    Fox
    Fox
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Fox Mon May 14, 2012 9:13 pm

Winter and I tried a human RP, and it was kind of hard.
    I think it was the mindset switch between pokemon being able to talk and have very clear personalities to being a human with pokemon as pets or partners...which, as hard as I tried, it made the pokemon very bland and lackluster.

I love Toluca (my human character), but I honestly don't know how I'd RP as her when I have the pokemon perspective here at EJ.

I don't know if other people would have this problem, but I know I'd have problems with switching between the two.

"What's the point in them being happy now if they're going to be sad later?
    The answer is, of course, because they're going to be sad later."

Human Canon RP? 4j0L6
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 14, 2012 9:27 pm

tastybob: Why not? Humans are as equal as Pokemon, just more familiar and knowledgeable with technology :'x

It's like what you see on TV when it comes to those Zombie movies/Tv shows, an example being Zombieland, the Walking Dead, Dawn of the Dead, etc. Just with Pokemon and such. However, one hardship I could find in it is that Pokemon seem to be much more smarter than human zombies, especially since they could produce attacks other than just walking over and ripping off skin. As Tryvex said, humans are actually more vulnerable compared to Pokemon considering their weapon supplies could be in an all time low, and natural resources are harder to find.

However, I really don't know what to add -- unless someone wants to add to my idea -- for a canon rp for humans ^^;
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 15, 2012 4:19 am

I like this idea =3 There is really no reason why pokemon can't be considered as intelligent as a human in context, as pokemon are frequently depicted as such in the anime (anyone remember that episode where the pokemon got separated on Giant Pokemon Island or whatever?) There is really no reason to dumb pokemon down, they can still have their own thoughts and such, it's just that actually vocalizing would likely be kept to between pokemon themselves with the exception of psychic-types.

I'd actually really like to explore some of my human characters as, with the exception of Brimstone, all my characters have a trainer that they still hope is living.

Unfortunately, if this were to take place on another site, I'm afraid I'd likely not join in. I'm active on two rp sites right now, and that's ultimately my limit before I start falling inactive on one of them. If you add in the fact that we'd have a time limit like here (something I've already struggled with seeing I'm used to rps that move at the snail's pace of a single post a week), I'd just be stressed out of my mind xD
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 15, 2012 3:48 pm

That could actually work Ciana :U I once suggested of a man-made island specifically of human research concerning of Epidemic Johto to the admins once -- unsure if accepted though lol -- but maybe that could join in there too.
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Tue May 15, 2012 9:56 pm

I think its definitely an awesome idea, I'd really like to see it happen. I wish I could suggest some ideas for y'all, but I'm really terrible with those things. ^^;

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:29 pm