Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+3
Fox
Silverishness
renegade
7 posters

The SEAFOAM Team

Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

The SEAFOAM Team  - Page 4 Empty Re: The SEAFOAM Team

Post by Silverishness Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:44 am

((Time to do this WITHOUT hitting the back button and losing my post >>))

Post 14

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Seafoam Islands| Morning

It was tense watching the scene unfold quickly before the phanteon's crimson eyes. The twin otters objected to her statement, causing more of a rile from Fear. Maro flinched at the aggressive display, seeing that their anger was only fueling his, making the situation worse. She took another step forward, unsure of what to do that wouldn't add to the fire. Scarlet eyes searched the avian face, the other's expression clouded with such rage and hate that she paused in taking another step forward.

What could be triggering this sort of emotion? Fear had only known Reine for maybe two or three hours. This wrath, this was something different, caused by something in the recesses of his mind. And because of that, Maro knew that there would be no real end to this.. that even if the situation is diffused, the hate would still be there, festering, waiting for another time to surface. That this would happen again.

Nikki's voice cut through the tense air, his sweet, innocent sound slowly bringing Fear back to his senses. Maro could see the wrath and hate being drawn from his face like poison drawn from a wound. It was then that the giant fearow seemed wracked by what he'd done, and began to withdraw from the group. Maro's eyes widened, and she was the first to move. She knew that look in his eyes. He was leaving.

Her graceful legs carried her quickly, indigo wisps of ethereal fur undulating in the wind even after she skidded to a halt in front of FearSpirit. Her eyes studied him for a bit as she blocked his path, which led to a small clearing of her throat. "And just where, FearSpirit, are you going?" She gave him a small, warm smile, trying to get through his won misery. "We need to stay together, if we're going to make it." She placed a paw on his taloned foot, much like Nikki had done not moments ago. "...Don't go."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:02 pm

Seafoam Islands|Morning
    K(14)/N(5)

Seeing the look on the twin otters as he tried to calm FearSpirit touched Nikkolai, and he offered them a kind smile to try and reassure them. They seemed genuinely shocked that someone didn't want them hurt, but they had never done anything to him. So why shouldn't he offer to help? However, he could not tear himself from his attempts to help the traumatized bird so when his gaze returned to the proud Fearow the look that he was given nearly broke Nikki's heart. There was so much pain in those eyes, so much anger and loneliness, that he could hardly bear to see it.

"M...my trainer..." And that was all he could get out before he was overwhelmed. He slowly drew his foot from under the small Vupix's paw, despite the child trying to retain a grip on it, and began to walk away. "Please Mr. Spirit...don't go..." Tears began to fall down Nikki's face as he watched the bird walk away, and Kegan couldn't help but feel sympathy for the bird. The silver fox's heart was breaking that he couldn't help FearSpirit, and the Larvesta realized that he was seeing something that the bug had refused to acknowledge.

Kegan could finally see the other side of the massive bird, and to was somewhat disappointed in himself for not seeing it earlier. Even the young Nikkolai had noticed what was inside the bird to make him a good person and in Kegan's bias he completely ignored it. He was too easily convinced of the bird being a killer he never thought to see him as just another survivor. Another suffering, just as he was, and it wasn't fair.

The fair Miss Maro tried to offer her own concerns, and Kegan was hopeful the bird would accept her desire for him to stay. As he lay curled around the safe haven of the young hatchling, the fragile shell warming at his touch, he found himself wanting the Fearow's company. He looked at the bird with bright, warm eyes, and offered a silent prayer. His hopes that FearSpirit would return.
    Fox
    Fox
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Fox Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:01 am

Seafoam Islands | Morning
    (20)

The twins looked to each other in confusion as the Fearows' countenance suddenly changed into complete despair. The large bird turned to leave, his head low after muttering something about a trainer.
    Trainer?....they thought, watching his broken form slowly walk away, the others quickly following. Suddenly, the Vaporeon bounded to the two, her eyes sad and filled with shame.

"Look I'm sorry. I jumped to conclusions. The amethyst necklace that I wear has gone missing and it is very dear to me. I was suspicious of you two and automatically assumed that you both had taken if. I'm sorry, please forgive me. I didn't mean to cause trouble." Maudie said nothing as she gazed at her with his large eyes, his ears flat against his head still. But Atticus huffed in annoyance as he got to his feet and dusted himself off.

"Whatever. Maybe you should actually think before you accuse someone of stealing." He muttered coldly, offering his paw to Maudie. The red-scarved otter looked at his twin, an annoyed smirk pulling at his mouth. "I mean, how could we even manage to steal something around your neck? That's really ridiculous. You'd have to be completely asleep to not be able to notice something like that being taken!" He sneered as he dismissively waved his paw at the aquatic fox.

...Why does he have to be so mean sometimes?...She seems so sad...I guess the gem means alot to her...
    As he took his brothers' paw, the Vaporeons' head suddenly fell in shame as she slunk back to the Luxray, not saying anything more. The twins were left alone once again as the others followed the Fearow.

"Hmph. What the hell is up with them? Why are they following him? He's the one that should be attacked and chased off- he practically attacked us!" Atticus brooded quietly, his arms crossing over his chest. "I don't know about this group, Maud. I'm wondering if we should just leave." He growled, his ears lowering on his head as he shot a glare at the others.
    Maudies' gaze fell to the sand, his foot pushing through the sand absent-mindedly. "Yeah...maybe we should..." He muttered sadly.

He's probably worried about them finding the gem too...but he's right...why do they hate us so much?...We didn't really do anything to them...The red-scarved otter looked out to the others, his eyebrows crunching up in sadness. The only one that actually stood up for us was the little guy...and even then...he already assumed we did something...

What if they end up turning on us? That idiot bird flipped out on us without anything more than a whisper from that little snitch! And how did she figure out it was us?! What happens if they actually find the loot?...Or if we randomly push someone elses' 'crazy button?' We could probably take the stupid bird together, but all of them?...Atticus sighed, his tail low and twitching angrily. I can't believe we actually gave them a chance...

We should have known better...
    We should have known that everyone else is exactly the same...
    ...We'll always be alone.

With a quick glance at the others, they stealthily moved behind a large bush, quickly traded scarves, and took their places back where they were before, their gazes watching the situation unfold with the Fearow, as if they hadn't moved at all. Both of their gazes held something akin to melancholy, hidden by an air of detachment.

(OoC- they'll trade scarves often, and whenever the others aren't looking. They like to keep everyone confused as to which one is which. That's why everyone thinks they both act the same way; because they trade spots alot. Their text will be the same as their scarf color though. So Maudie, who is usually red, will be blue until they switch again...
    If you're confused, it's okay, lol. )

"What's the point in them being happy now if they're going to be sad later?
    The answer is, of course, because they're going to be sad later."

Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:35 pm

Seafoam Islands || Morning [15]

Uncomfortable, Vincent watched the proceedings in silence, unable to effectively contribute as the situation only succeeded in worsening. He was convinced FearSpirit was going to kill one of the otters, guilty that he was prepared to simply watch the horror unfold – but the vulpix’s words must’ve hit a nerve as the avian relaxed. Tail flicking, the luxray’s expression screamed concern, borderline fear as the fearow turned in his direction, apparently making his exit. Whilst the creature had only managed to scare the shit out of him, Vincent couldn’t prove that the creature was a bad guy. He seemed so distraught all of a sudden and now, everyone was clambering over to keep him to stay. Ashamed that he was unable to share the group’s love for FearSpirit, Vince kept his distance, watching on with saddened orbs. Everyone had their demons; the intimidating appearance was just an effective means of disguising the heart that lay beneath.

“It’s nothing,”

Reine’s words brought Vincent out of his ashamed musings, his eyes soon darting to the vaporeon as she passed him. Her sorrow was contagious, the usually peppy feline’s ears drooping down at the sudden emergence of emotion in the group. He gripped the egg tighter with his paw; desperate for the warm, positive force it exuded to lift the spirits of his companions. Even the otter pair had a look of defeat, apparently on the brink of leaving the group too. The lion emitted a hushed whine, disappointed at how volatile this group had already proved. Whilst his emotions ran wild, Vincent had nothing to say.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:09 am

Post 15

Seafoam Islands| Morning

Maro sighed at Fear's self-loathing words, shifting her weight to put her offered paw back onto the warm sand. Obviously what had happened truly bothered him, but that just meant he truly didn't deserve the self-exile he was trying to sentence. Searching for words that wouldn't worsen the situation, she gently butted her forehead against his chest, eyes closed as she focused. What could she possibly say? Some long-winded speech about how they needed to stay together? About the horrible chances that he wouldn't survive? Even young Nikki had tried his best, and still...

The phanteon looked up at him, eyes searching his carefully. "I want you to listen to me," she said softly, then looked to the others, then cleared her voice. "All of you." Her eyes glanced over the now somber, dissentegrating group. It was easy to tell that even though they had just met and not ten minutes ago were reveling in the joy of finding fellow survivors they were beginning to break apart. "We need to snap out of this... This horrible pall that has descended upon us. We just met each other and we're already splitting ways? I've been months without finding such good-hearted people... and I'd rather not let that go so easily." Her eyes stayed on the otter twins and she gave them a warm, motherly smile. "...Yes, I'm even talking to you."

Her gaze turned back to Fear, her gaze more confident, but her voice dropped to a low volume so he could only hear. "...Fear, you do not want to experience death. It's..." She averted her eyes for a moment before returning them back to the old bird. "...You... you can work on your anger, FearSpirit. It can be managed. To return to a life of solitude and death is a punishment not fitting someone as yourself. Please... don't go." Her eyes stayed on him, waiting for his answer.

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:12 pm

Seafoam Islands|Morning
    K(15)/N(6)

Kegan heard the great bird's self loathing and his suspicions were confirmed. He'd been wrong about the Fearow, and that knowledge cut him deep. He'd been so convinced of the large avian's brutish nature that he'd refused to even give his name directly to the male, offering it to Maro instead and letting FearSpirit simply overhear. Now that he knew he was regretting not properly befriending the bird as he should have, even if the slight apprehension that he was going to be eaten still lingered.

The troublesome pair seemed in equal melancholy to the bird, Reine was drifting off into her thoughts, and even Vincent seemed to be troubled by what was going on. The Larvesta had just about enough of all this moping, and couldn't understand why everyone was suddenly acting like they were at a funeral. "Is something troubling you, my boy?" he asked Vincent pensively, noticing the lion clutching the egg. "Surely you cannot be thinking any of this nonsense to be your fault. 'Tis nothing more than simple stress and realization come upon them. They will come around, I am sure." Even as he spoke he saw little Nikkolai walking softly up to the twins, most likely to offer some comfort while Maro was with Fear.

The small silver Vulpix had seen the distress on the twin otter's, it was true, and Nikki hated to see others suffer. He sat down quietly in front of them, his head tilted slightly as he took them in, and let out a small whimper. The look in their eyes was one of longing, yet the way they held themselves was so far off from the others. Defensive. And the young child knew more of that kind of behavior than he should, thanks to Cipher.

He gave a yip and lowered himself into a playful crouching position, rear end and tails high into the air, and gave them a broad smile. "I know you are naturally blue, but that's no reason to be so down!" he offered playfully. "Cheer up!" As he spoke the last couple of words he pounced on a stray Pecha berry and sprayed juice at the pair with a giggle. "If you don't give me a smile I'm going to have to make you!" His eyes sparkled mischievously with his mock threat, and he hoped that it would be enough to goad them into letting go of their sorrows.
    Fox
    Fox
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Fox Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:04 pm

(21)

"If you don't give me a smile I'm going to have to make you!" the little fox giggled, spraying the two with berry juice.

"Hey!" the otter half-exclaimed in surprise as he held his paws up to protect himself. The two looked at each other, a large grin simultaneously growing on their faces as they leaned forward, their tails high in the air with competitiveness.

"Oh, we'll give you a smile alright.~" They said in a sing-song fashion, their voices in perfect unison. The pounced forward, their claws outstretched to their sides as they playfully acted as if they were gonna tackle him, ready to give chase after the little silver Vulpix.

I like this kid. He knows how to have fun.
    Maybe we can stay a little longer. At least until we get bored.

Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:07 pm

Seafoam Islands || Morning [16]

"Is something troubling you, my boy? Surely you cannot be thinking any of this nonsense to be your fault. 'Tis nothing more than simple stress and realization come upon them. They will come around, I am sure.”

Vincent turned to regard Kegan as his spoke wise, comforting words that instantly brought a shy smile to the feline’s face. He gave a slight shrug, loosening his grip on the egg at the insect’s rationality. He was right, of course and Vince remained hopeful that the others would reserve their differences soon enough. If Kegan was confident, surely that would be reassurance enough,
    “I-I don’t know,” He spoke quietly, almost embarrassed in his light-hearted manner. “I’m just a sensitive guy, I suppose,” The lion’s sheepish grin lingered on the larvesta a moment, before disappearing altogether as Maro spoke up.

Listening obediently to her heartfelt speech, the luxray found himself nodding his head lightly in agreement. Fear shouldn’t leave – he had no reason to. Sure, maybe he’d lost his temper, but in this day and age it was a miracle to keep calm around the clock. The twins were just fooling around, the perhaps hasty accusation of Reine’s missing jewel worsening a reputation they weren’t entirely deserving of. Vince remained convinced that they weren’t bad kids. His thoughts were soon confirmed at glimpse of the otters indulging in a game of tag with little Nikkolai. Vincent's smile quickly returned, eyes gentle as he regarded the group; recovering already.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:52 am

Seafoam Islands | Morning (8)

Reine's ears perked as Maro began to talk to the group and she found herself standing to walk over to the group once again. Her eyes gazed around and a small smile blossomed across her muzzle as she nodded in agreement to Maros words. Despite her sadness she had shown, Reine was very glad to be in this group of Pokemon and she wouldn't let that go for the world. Looking around, Reine noticed an outcropping of rocks not far from where the group was. Hoping for shelter, she turned to address her friends. [i]"There is an outcropping just on that hill. Maybe we can go investigate and find shelter?" Reine asked this as a question because she wanted everyone's opinion. If they were to survive they needed to work together and not work separately.
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:01 pm

Post 16

Seafoam Islands| Morning

"....Very well."

The gruff response from the bird earned a sigh of relief from Maro, allowing herself to relax, her face giving the other a soft, warm smile. She could tell he wasn't completely convinced, nor really happy about the decision, but he was willing, and that meant the most. She turned to Reine, who'd made the suggestion of finding shelter. Nodding, she moved to follow, but looked over her shoulder to make sure Fear followed. After all that, she wasn't going to just let him sneak off... or sneak off as best as a giant bird could.

((lame post is lame))

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:19 pm

Seafoam Islands|Morning
    K(16)/N(7)

“I-I don’t know. I’m just a sensitive guy, I suppose.” Kegan offered a smile to the lion, bobbing his upper body awkwardly in his mimic of a nod, but the blue creature's returning expression fell almost instantly. Maro's words drifted through the air like the words of an ancestor, pleading with Fear to let go of his past and move on. But it seemed to have worked because the great avian gave a gruff affirmative that he would stay. Kegan was surprised to find that he felt happy about that.

Nikki squealed in delight as the pair took the offer and began to play with him. He dodged left and right trying to avoid their grasp but it was really hard to avoid two creatures so in sync with each other. "Can't catch me!" He cried, his joyous laugh floating through the air like a happy song and drifting to the ears of his Uncle Kegan, who smiled warmly at the sight. He knew if anyone could bring those two around it would be Nikkolai. Maro and Fear were making their way back over to them and everything seemed to be getting to a semblance of normal Kegan hadn't experienced in a long time.

"There is an outcropping just on that hill. Maybe we can go investigate and find shelter?" Kegan's eyes drifted to where the young female indicated and noted that it seemed like a good spot as any to find shelter. "A fine idea young lady." Kegan replied, feeling a little overwhelmed himself by the days excitement after having spent so much time alone. But, if they were going to do anything that involved leaving the area they would need to collect a few others. "Children, if we are going to find shelter it would be best if you would please make your way over to join us."

"Yes Uncle Kegan!" Kegan's voice was gentle, yet firm, just as Nikkolai was used to always hearing. He knew Kegan was just looking out for the younger ones, like always. The silver fox turned to his new friends and gave them a beaming smile. "Come on," he called happily to the twins. "We don't want them to leave without us!" He rushed down the hill to get back to the Larvesta but paused just in front of Fear, looking up with deep, wide eyes. "I'm glad you aren't going to go, Mr. Spirit. I really like you." And with a happy smile he quickly returned to the side of his caregiver.
    Fox
    Fox
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Fox Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:45 pm

(22)

"Children, if we are going to find shelter it would be best if you would please make your way over to join us." The bug crowed out, directing his attention to the fox and the two otters. The twins stopped ceased their chase simultaneously, looking at the others in confusion, when the little fox bounded away. "Yes Uncle Kegan!" The twins didn't know what to do; they weren't used to taking orders from anyone. They watched the little fox prance happily towards the others, their brows furrowed with concern.

"Come on," the Vulpix called happily to the twins. "We don't want them to leave without us!" Maudie looked at Attie, a smile growing on his face as he smacked him on the shoulder.
    "Hah, bet you can't beat me to the firefly!" He teased as he dashed forward, sand flying up behind him.

(OoC- Derp-changed my mind)

Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:13 am

Seafoam Islands || Morning [17]

Vince’s emotions were left competing for dominance as his attention volleyed between two very different scenes – Fear and Maro’s heart to heart, then the otter twins indulging in a game of tag with little Nikkolai. The attempts to follow both happenings left the feline with a rather comical expression – a restrained smile topped off with a concerned frown. It just proved that the otters weren’t bad guys – the little kit providing a perfect distraction from the earlier hostility within the group to allow things time to work out. Fear was coming back, Maro seemingly successful in her attempts at persuading the giant bird that his presence was truly desired. Vince’s frown vanished, the suppressed smile exploding over his face. Everything was okay; peace finally restored.

"There is an outcropping just on that hill. Maybe we can go investigate and find shelter?”

The luxray’s attention moved to Reine, his grin softening to a normal intensity as he nodded his head lightly in agreement. Kegan was quick to voice his approval of the offer, ushering the youngsters to return to the safety of the group. The lion regarded the insect for a moment, quickly realizing that he’d struck gold in finding this particular survivor. He was a natural with kids, a perfect mentor for the feline’s eventual ascent into fatherhood.

Rising to his feet, his chest tight at the reminder it would only be so long before he would take responsibility for a whole new, innocent life, Vincent stooped down to retrieve the egg. Gently picking the object up, he started slightly at the substantial increase in temperature. Glancing to Kegan, a sudden apprehension presented on his face, he obediently moved to follow the vaporeon.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:43 pm

Seafoam Islands | Morning (9)

Smiling to the younger Pokemon, Reine began to lead the way up the outcropping. Motioning for them to stay put while she checked it out, Reine leaped up the rocks and peered into the cave with her good eyesight. The sight that she saw completely shocked her and she stumbled back a bit to almost slide off the rock. Glancing down, she hoped no one noticed her moment of shock. Within the cave was a large dragon type Pokemon curled up in the back, its red eyes looking glazed over from what she could see. Narrowing her eyes, she finally made out the shape of a Charizard and realized it was nearing the end of its life. Scared for the life of her new-found friends, Reine took matters into her own paws.

Padding softly into the cave, careful not to tread to heavily, she peered into the eyes of the Charizard and took note of the slash it had across its throat. Immediately her eyes widened in shock and she shook her head, tears threatening to spill out of her eyes. The Charizard just watched her, its eyes beginning to glaze over as the virus killed it and began changing its body into something more sinister and vile. Reaching out with its paw, the charizard pleaded with his eyes for Reine to end its soon to be miserable life. Shaking her head, she backed up against the cave wall and stopped dead when she thought of her friends outside. Closing her eyes, she shot out the strongest Aurora Beam she could make and opened her eyes to see the decapitated monster before her. Crying, Reine sunk to the cave floor and curled into a ball blocking out the emotions that threatened to drive her insane. All she could think of is it was just like mother. Just like mother...
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:42 am

Post 17

Seafoam Islands| Morning

Maro sighed in content as the group was now one, and not only that, functioning on a slightly more harmonious level. The ever-peaceful vulpix kit brought the otter twins back in, playing and laughing, something she hadn't seen in far too long. For a moment, she thought of her own kit, her own little bundle of joy and fur as Rayne played chase, but she quickly pushed it back. They were gone. But the fact that laughter still had a place in the world gave her some strength, and she made her way to the outcropping Reine had spoken of.

Noticing Vince's anxiety, she made her way to him as she trod, nodding to the egg. "...It's getting close, isn't it?" she asked, a small, warm smile on her face. "You'll make a fine father, Vince. I'm sure of i--" She paused when another voice floated on the air in broken cries, coming from the outcropping.

Reine.

She rushed forward, concerned for her fellow eeveelution when she saw the decapitated head, the accompanying headless charizard, and Reine herself curled up on the craggy ground, crying. Quickly, she moved to put herself between the gruesome sight and the distressed vaporeon. "Reine, are you all right? What happened?"

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:14 am

Seafoam Islands|Morning
    K(17)/N(8)

As the children returned, Nikkolai happily taking his place at the Larvesta's side, Kegan couldn't help but feel proud of them. Nikki for still managing to keep his upbeat personality despite the horrors he had surely seen, and for the twins for actually behaving. They seemed a little more under control than when he had first met them and that said quite a lot. Maybe they weren't such troublemakers after all.

The sounds of crying reached his sensitive hearing as Maro followed Reine up the hill. "Reine, are you all right? What happened?" Worried, he tried to figure out a way to get to them. It would take all of his effort to make it up there in time to help her up the slope, but if he used the trees..."Children, stay here with FearSpirit, where it is safe. Don't move unless told to, alright?" Kegan shuffled up the tree faster than he ever moved across the sand and soon was throwing himself off a long branch to land beside the two females. The scene before him was rather graphic and it worried him the children seeing it.

"Miss Maro, please look after Miss Reine while I take care of the- well, remains. The children should not be around such a thing and it may still be infectious." He turned his attention to the distraught Vaporeon and tapped her paw gently with one of his front legs. "It will be aright Miss Reine, I assure you. You are a very brave girl." He carefully made his way over the decapitated form of what was once a Charizard, and used a Psychic to lift it, and its head, away. Making his way over to the other side of the hill where the children wouldn't see he hurled it into the air, lit it aflame with his Flamethrower, and sent it flying out to sea. Hopefully it wouldn't wash back up on shore but for now it would suffice.

"Hah, bet you can't beat me to the firefly!" Nikki squealed in delight as they raced towards Uncle Kegan, jumping and pouncing to try and catch up. These two were a blast! He hadn't had this much fun since Cipher broke in and took him away. While he still missed his mother, and his father, having Uncle Kegan again made him very happy and like any other kid he wanted to play. He really liked all of Uncle Kegan's new friends, and was happy that everyone was going to stick together.

When he reached the rest of the group he stood happily next to Kegan, giving him a playful lick. Kegan looked pleased but his expression soon changed when a strange sound came from over the hill. When ordered to stay put with the Fearow, Nikki could only nod as he watched the Larvesta scurry up the tree to get to the two females that seemed to be missing. "What do you think happened?" he asked softly, worry choking off his voice. He didn't want anyone to get hurt, they were all so nice none of them deserved that. "I hope they're okay..."
    Fox
    Fox
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Fox Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:11 pm

(23)

"Children, stay here with FearSpirit, where it is safe. Don't move unless told to, alright?"

"What do you think happened?" Nikkolai asked quietly, his tails falling as he gazed up at the others. The twins said nothing for a moment, their noses to the wind.
    Blood...alot of it...
    We should make sure the kid stays safe.

They glanced at each other solemnly before forcing grins on their faces.
    "Aww, don't worry. They're probably just making sure everything is safe for everyone!" Maudie said casually, sprawling back in the sand and closing his eyes. Atticus grinned mischievously as his gaze turned to his brother and then the Vulpix. He wiggled his eyebrows knowingly at the child before taking a deep breath and shooting a weak aqua jet at the blue-scarved otters' face.

Maudie flailed frantically and scrambled to his paws, annoyed and soppy. "Hey! What the heck Maud!?" Atticus broke out into laughter, pointing at his twin in good-natured ridicule. "I sure got you that time, Attie! You shoulda seen your face! Haahaaahaha!"

(Clever otters are clever. B3)

Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:13 am

Seafoam Islands || Morning [18]

"...It's getting close, isn't it? You'll make a fine father, Vince. I'm sure of i--"

Jumping slightly at Maro’s sudden appearance, Vincent’s initial alarm quickly melted away to a shy pride. A blush surfaced on his features at the ghost’s kind words, though he continued to have difficulty believing them. Would he really make a ‘fine father’? The luxray wasn’t entirely convinced. However, before he could ponder on the topic any further, a horrendous screaming soon interrupted the phanteon. Eyes widening in fear, the lion desperately looked about him, the egg in his mouth slightly restricting his movements to leave him only more panicked. It had definitely been a female cry, though the feline struggled to place exactly who – only until he noticed her absence. Reine was gone.

Rocketing after Maro’s rapidly disappearing form, the lion succeeded in tripping over his large feet a number of times, the egg threatening to slip from his grasp as he made a clumsy but determined attempt at helping. Skidding onto the scene, utterly unprepared for the sight of the decapitated dragon, Vince suddenly found himself choking. Forced to place the egg in front of his paws, falling to a violent coughing fit, the luxray was slightly disappointed at the less than heroic entrance he’d made. Maro and Kegan were comforting the shaken vaporeon, before the insect moved to swiftly remove the body. Vinny simply stood there, feeling rather nauseous.
    “R-Reine?” The feline eventually choked out, hesitant as he feared worsening the already delicate situation. On reflection, perhaps it would’ve been better to stay with the children – he was nothing more than a big kid anyway. Ears drooping, the lion looked to Maro fearfully. The female was clearly better designed for soothing the vaporeon and after a few short hours in her company, Vince was convinced she could be trusted. Managing a pathetic, wavering smile, he took a few steps forward, carefully nudging the egg along with him. Hopefully his presence alone would be enough confirmation for both Reine and Maro that he cared.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:10 am

Seafoam Islands | Morning (10)

Reine curled out of her ball as soon as she heard Maro's voice above her. Shaking, she sat up straight with tears still spilling down her eyes while Kegan tried to comfort her before destroying the Charizard's body. Reine knew she should answer Maro but it was clear to her that she didn't know what to say. Taking in a shaky breath, she spoke through her tears. "H-he asked me to. I couldn't save him. C-couldn't save him just like, just like m-mother."

Memories played before Reine's eyes of her beautiful Espeon mother that her father had to kill soon after she was born. Infected he said, she would understand when she was older, she was told. Well now that Reine understood, it still didn't make it any less horrific. She had called her father a murderer after what he had done but still he loved him dearly. Only now did she finally realize that he had only done what he did to save his daughter just like she had to kill the Charizard to save her friends. Realization in her eyes, Reine turned her attention onto Vincent as he stood at the door of the cave.

"I was only trying to protect..." Her voice trailed off into the silence of the cave while Reine hoped with all of her heart that her new friends wouldn't think she were a murderer for what she had done.
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:38 am

Post 18

Seafoam Islands| Morning

It did not give Maro any reassurance that Reine remained silent other than softly weeping. She stayed near the vaporeon, listening to Keagan speak as he entered the cavern. "Miss Maro, please look after Miss Reine while I take care of the- well, remains. The children should not be around such a thing and it may still be infectious." Maro frowned as she looked at the small bug and at their surroundings. Surely he meant to burn it-- but they were in a cavern... and the smoke...

"What do you plan on doing with it, Keagan?" she asked softly, worry creasing her brow. "...A flame is a bad thing in close walls--" She would have continued, but he somehow lifted the body with a psychic attack, tossed it into the air, expertly hitting it with a flamethrower, and then cast it out to the horizon, to the sea. Maro stood, speechless, as she tried to truly comprehend what just occured. "Oh... Oh my!" she exclaimed, unable to do much else. She had truly underestimated this fellow; obviously, there was more to him than met the eye. She turned back to Reine, poking her gently with a wispy paw.

"Reine, it's gone. You can look, see? Keagan was kind enough to get rid of it," she offered, looking back over the now corpse-vacant cave. "Maybe now we can abide here for a while, gather ourselves before pressing onward?"

Last edited by Silverishness on Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : DERPDERPDERP)

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:49 am

Seafoam Islands|Morning
    K(18)/N(9)

As Kegan returned to the two females he could see the ook of shock on Miss Maro. "Oh... Oh my!" He turned back to look at the dragon, thinking maybe it hadn't made it out to the ocean, but everything seemed fine. As his gaze returned to the female he realized that she was actually surprised at him. For one of the few times he was happy for the fuzz that darkened his face, because the blush that had surely risen would have had him die in embarrassment. Did they truly think he hadn't survived this long on his own?

"Forgive me, madams, I was not trying to startle anyone. I am close to my evolution so my powers are incredible for a bug my size." He noticed Vincent standing to the side of them now and offered the other male a small nod, as he wouldn't have been able to see the smile seeing the lion beside Reine. "I was only trying to protect..." Kegan's eyes softened as he scuttled over to the small Vaporeon, calmly shushing her.

"There now, none of that Miss. You did very well, and I'm sure that beast's soul is at rest now thanks to you. I know I wouldn't want to live like that. You saved him from a fate worse than death He poked Vincent with one leg and pointed at Reine, hoping the other male would get the hint to comfort her as the small bug had to check on the kids. Offering a nod to both Maro and Vincent he made his way back over to the cliff edge and gazed at the children and FearSpirit down below. "I believe it is safe to bring them up now, FearSpirit. Please make sure they do not fall."

"Aww, don't worry. They're probably just making sure everything is safe for everyone!" Nikki gave the twins a small smile, still afraid for his Uncle Kegan but happy that they were there. He cocked his head curiously as the red-scarved twin wiggled his eyebrows and shot water at his sibling's face, but the look on the other had Nikki suddenly in a giggling fit. These two were great! "You-you two look so ridiculous!" His words came between several gulps of air as he laughed, clutching his middle as he tried to calm himself.

"Hey... Nikki, how about I make you an offer? After everyone gets back, would you like a ride on my back? I won't go too high." Nikkolai's eyes widened incredibly at the idea, sparkling with delight. "Do you mean it, Mr. Spirit? Could I...really?" The thought of going through the air as easily as the large bird sent a shiver down his spine, causing his fur to stand up and his tails to fluff ridiculously. As much as he really, really, wanted to go there would be one little problem..."Do you think Uncle Kegan would let me?"

((OOC: Kegan doesn't know that the Charizard did actually ask for death, but he doesn't believe any of the undead want to live like that. He thinks it is all the virus, hence his reference to saving the Char.))
    Fox
    Fox
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Fox Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:42 am

(24)

"Hey... Nikki, how about I make you an offer? After everyone gets back, would you like a ride on my back? I won't go too high." The crazy but now placid Fearow said to the fox.
    The twins quietly stepped back as the Vulpix excitedly spoke to the large bird about the flight.

Maudies' brow furrowed with sudden concern as he turned to his twin with a hushed tone.
    "D-do you think someones' hurt? The scent of blood was really strong...and I thought I heard the Vaporeon crying..." His voice trailed off as he started to fidget with his scarf.
    Atticus frowned, crossing his arms. His gaze roamed the beach, now turning orange with the new sunlight, his dark eyes settling on where the others had gone.
    "If she were hurt or dead, I think the others would've reacted differently." He said quietly, trying to assure his brother. "Besides, that would mean less trouble for us." He added bitterly, his dark eyes moving back to the ocean. Maudies' ears fell at his brothers harsh words.
    "Aw, come on, you don't mean that."
    The red scarved otter said nothing in reply.
    No point in arguing with him over this. He'll just end up all hurt.

Chuckling lightly and pushing away the dark thoughts, he made a dash for the water, rushing and plowing into the incoming wave.
    "Hahaaahah!" He laughed happily allowing the wave to pull him back to shore before using his powerful tail to propel him with ease towards the next wave.

Maudie couldn't help but smile as he followed suit, leaping into the water with the blue scarf trailing playfully behind him.
    The waves always made him feel better. I'm glad that we at least have the ocean again...the otter mused as he floated by his brother, the waves gently tugging them back to shore.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 1:00 pm