Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+3
Fox
Silverishness
renegade
7 posters

The SEAFOAM Team

Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

The SEAFOAM Team  - Page 2 Empty Re: The SEAFOAM Team

Post by Snitch Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:44 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Seafoam Islands || Morning [5]

“Well, I'm sure you'll think of a fine name if it comes out male. But Ellie is a pretty name... I'm sure Lily would be proud, no matter what happens.”

Vincent smiled softly at the phantom’s response, his attention drifting between the pokémon around him and his own feet. He felt like a kid – Maro had spoken to him with such kindness and reassurance that he wondered how much she had figured out from his expressions alone. The luxray had always been an extremely emotive individual – Lily had once teased him for his sensitivity, but he was never aware of how apparent his body language was. Straightening himself up, he watched as the female excused herself, approaching the other group of the fearow and blue otters.

"You will need an experienced hand to get you to the next stage. I can offer my Flame Body to help heat the egg-ling, to speed up the hatching."

Vince’s body gave a slight shudder despite himself. Speed up the hatching?! That couldn’t happen, not yet at least. He wasn’t ready, there was no way in hell he’d ever be ready to see the shell break away to reveal a tiny new life, his responsibility. Looking down at the egg, he placed a paw protectively beside it; although fully aware he had nothing to fear. It was natural a process, and it was going to have to happen sooner or later. But it was just... scary. If anything he was lucky he’d stumbled across these pokémon in time; the larvesta especially knew what he was talking about. Although, the lion was a little confused at the mention of a flame body – surely something like that would damage the egg. Shaking away his concern, Vince smiled down at the bug; he seemed like a professional in the field.
    “O-Okay, sure,” He smiled, poorly disguising the apprehension in his expression. Clearly his throat, he wanted to check out his suspicions of Kegan’s background before hanging off his every word. “Y-You know a lot about this sort of thing, don’t you? Are you a father?” It was the only explanation for such knowledge Vince could think of, but regardless of the bug’s background, if he was willing to help, the lion would most gladly accept it.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:18 am

((Gonna have to skip, what with Hera and Ana not being there... lul. Sorry))

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:58 pm

Seafoam Islands|Morning
    (6)

Kegan gave a small nod, which was more like half his body moving downward thanks to his size, and lowered his piercing blue eyes back to the egg. A thought occurred to him, as he imagined the hatchling inside. He had yelled at, demanded, and expected all these answers of Vincent, but the lion didn't even know his name. "Forgive my manners," he said softly, curling up next to the egg. "I never introduced myself in my earlier ranting. My name is Kegan."

“Y-You know a lot about this sort of thing, don’t you? Are you a father?” The Torch Pokemon looked up at Vincent and, though no one could see it, smiled in amusement. Of course that would be a logical question if no one knew of his past. Most Pokemon didn't recieve the care and education he did. "I'm afraid I am no parent, but I am a guardian, of sorts." The Larvesta sighed a little and looked out at the lapping waves as though lost in his own memories.

"I was hatched in a professional breeding ranch. My sire, he was in charge of helping our trainer care for and incubate the eggs. My sire was having trouble keeping up with all the new egg-lings so I was bred to help him." As he spoke images of Dean's smiling face and his sire hovering closely to him danced before his eyes. A simple mirage created by his own memories, that only Kegan could see. "I've trained for many years in the care of eggs and hatchlings, because I was born to do just that."

He looked up at Vincent with a sadness in his eyes, making it obvious without words that there was more to his story that he wasn't yet willing to tell. "So yes, I do know a lot about this sort of thing. Did that answer your question?" His tone was light and playful, but he was fighting back the bitterness that came with remembering his past life, of everything that was stolen from him by Cipher. His ranch had never even made it to the infection, because those bastards killed Dean and stole everyone. He wasn't even sure if his sire had made it out alive. So while Vince's question was completely innocent, it still hurt to answer.
    Fox
    Fox
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Fox Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:30 pm

Seafoam Islands | Morning
    (3)

Maudie shrugged his shoulders as he walked out of the surf and up to the others, where they were inspecting something. Atticus followed closely, shaking himself free of any remaining water in his pelt.

"So what is it you got here?" they asked in unison over the shoulder of the clutzy Luxray. Their tone was mischievous at best, their faces bright with cleverness and charm.
    "Aw it's just an egg, Maud."
    "Yeah, not worth very much at all." The otter said, his face souring in dismay.
    Maudie crept forward, peering closely at the egg.
    "So...what's in it, mama?" He asked the Luxray with a snicker as he poked at the shell gently with one of his claws.

"What's the point in them being happy now if they're going to be sad later?
    The answer is, of course, because they're going to be sad later."

Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:59 am

Seafoam Islands || Morning [6]

"Forgive my manners. I never introduced myself in my earlier ranting. My name is Kegan."

Vincent nodded with a smile as the larvesta went on to answer his earlier question. A breeding ranch? This guy certainly had the knowledge then, apparently used to eggs, hatching, children, parenting and everything else completely foreign to the luxray. However, something had changed in the insect’s expression, though Vincent couldn’t make out exactly what; a sort of sorrow had perhaps flickered to his features.
    “Yes... thank you,” The luxray spoke softly in reply to Kegan’s question, a certain guilt suggesting he might have brought up bad memories. It was a tough time for everyone. Everyone had a story of sorrow and tragedy, triggered by a single virus and its ability to evoke utter chaos. As he opened his mouth to speak, a sudden presence over his shoulder scared the living daylights out of him. Cursing in surprise, Vincent stumbled forward, acting quickly to avoid stepping on both the egg and Kegan. Catching his breath as he turned to the owner of the voices, eerily similar but clearly separate as they spoke in unison, Vince shot a glare. It was the otter-things, discussing the value of the egg.

A good few years earlier, the luxray had been just like the pair, cracking jokes and popping out of nowhere for the pure pleasure of irritating his victims. But those days were far behind him now. The feline’s mischievous streak had been shattered by his adoration for Lily – he’d had to prove his was manly, mature and responsible, but not even that had swayed the odds in his favour. He’d done everything to make her love him, changed into a whole new being for a chance at receiving the affection he constantly gave.

"So...what's in it, mama?"

“Mama?” The luxray repeated indignantly, however, a smile played on his lips. Watching the pair prod at his unborn, adoptive child, the feline’s tail flicked irritably – his mind lost between how he truly felt and how he was supposed to feel. The otters brought back memories of his teenage years, his time as a wild-haired, unruly cub; but with Kegan’s presence, Vince felt as if he should demonstrate some authority. Pfft, what authority?
    “It’s a vulpix, Maud... and Maud’s friend? Lover?” He gave a toothy grin, chuckling at his own little jibe. Oh, he’d give as good as he got. Even as an ageing mama, the feline could definitely hold his end against a pair of pranksters. In fact, he was already warming up to their company. Everything was so serious nowadays that such a nonchalant pair allowing him to relive his youth was almost a godsend. Chuckling to himself, his eyes strayed to Kegan where his expression immediately hardened at the realization at what the bug would think. “Uhh... yeah, don’t touch it... please,” Yeah... that’d be a good enough warning to keep the otters in their place...
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:45 pm

Post 6

Seafoam Beach| Morning

Maro was visibly relieved to hear she hadn't already burned the bridge between her and the fearow, FearSpirit, but after his introduction, he asked her something peculiar. "However, miss, are you a Phanteon?"

Fear could see she was a little shocked and more than confused. Is... Is that what she was? She looked down to her own indigo paws, then back up to him. "I... I'm not all too sure myself... Embarrassing, huh? A grown woman to not even know what species she is..." She shuffled her paws a little in the sand before meeting his eyeline again, which didn't waver. "...What is that, perchance?"

Last edited by Silverishness on Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:06 pm

Seafoam Islands|Morning
    (7)

“Yes... thank you." Kegan nodded, sure that his emotions had remained elusive to the other. He didn't need to get into any old history with Pokemon he barely knew. His past was his own, just as everyone else here had theirs, so there was no need for him to share a story right now. In this dark time, everyone had their tales of horror and destruction, so if anyone had noticed then they surely knew to just leave it be. Such questions always made him uncomfortable, anyhow. But comfort aside, soon the approach of two very strange Dewotts made the Larvesta curl, as the looks on their faces could only mean trouble.

They taunted and teased about the egg, and Kegans fuzz began to bristle at the jokes. Had these two no manners? No sense of decency? Or where they just common variety hoodlums? He especially hated the one that kept tapping on the egg, because all he kept thinking was 'stop touching me, stop touching me, stop touching me...' It was enough to drive him nuts. “Uhh... yeah, don’t touch it... please." The Torch Pokemon let out a sigh of relief at the initiative taken by the new father to get the pair to stop. He glared up at the two, his blue eyes narrow and stern. "Can't you children just act properly and not be a nuisance? This is neither the time nor the place for shenanigans."
    Fox
    Fox
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Fox Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:53 pm

(4)

“It’s a vulpix, Maud... and Maud’s friend? Lover?” The Luxray replied, revealing a large set of sharp teeth as he grinned mischievously, foolishly thinking he had outmatched the two in quips.

Maudie shrank back and blushed, his eyes growing wide.
    "L-lover?.." He said, his voice almost a whisper.
    Atticus slowly and dramatically embraced his twin, their faces just centimeters apart.
    "Of course, Maudie...and I'll always be yours..." He murmured, his dark claw stroking the otters' face intimately.
    "A-Attie..." he whispered, his blush growing brighter, clutching at his brothers' chest as he drew closer.
    "You know that...I couldn't take the thought of you being in the arms of another..."
    "You-you're embarrassing me...please..." Maudie whimpered quietly, but not pulling from his brothers' grasp.

"Can't you children just act properly and not be a nuisance? This is neither the time nor the place for shenanigans." A voice said, but the words were lost on them, as they were in their own world, seemingly lost in each others' gaze.

(OoC- lol XD)

Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:14 am

Seafoam Islands || Morning [7]

Keeping was a straight face was proving impossible. The luxray’s lips had already subconsciously stretched into a goofy smile spanning the width of his face at the otter’s dramatic announcement of love. Damn kids, trying to make him look all irresponsible in the bug’s eyes. Holding back a laugh was almost torture as the pair fooled about, falling into each other’s arms in mock embrace. That was it, Vincent couldn’t take this. He burst into a long, bellowing laugh, a sound that had seldom escaped him in the past few weeks. It gradually faded into a quiet snicker as Kegan spoke.

"Can't you children just act properly and not be a nuisance? This is neither the time nor the place for shenanigans.”

Biting his lip to stop anymore chuckling escape him, he glanced down to the bug, still curled by his egg – albeit a sight more annoyed than he’d previously been. He was surprised that the pair’s antics had had zero effect on him, but felt a pang of guilt for supporting the behavior. Clearing his throat, he straightened himself up, eyes returning to the otters.
    “So... Attie and Maudie...?” Vince annunciated the names hesitantly having only caught them from their interactions with one another. He didn’t even want to consider trying to work out which one was which. “What’re you doing here? Well, other than harassing my egg and Kegan?” The luxray gave a slight chuckle, moving a paw closer to Lily’s unborn child as he spoke. It felt warmer; perhaps the bug’s presence was already luring the child to break free.
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:02 pm

Post 7

Seafoam Islands| Dawn

Relief washed over her like a blissful wave as the fearow's eyes softened, and proceeded to answer her question. "Well dear, a Phanteon is just one of the rarer evolutions of Eevee. The only real thing is that..." He paused, taking a moment to assure that the others were preoccupied with their own conversations. "Well, to evolve into a Phanteon, if my information is correct, you would have already died."

Anxiety and fear hit her like a hammer, and she found herself taking a step back. That night... that horrible night.... She looked down, her breathing quickening its pace. "I... Yes... Yes, that did happen..." She cleared her throat and looked back up to the large bird. "But Eevee have died before and... remained dead eevee. Why did I evolve?"

Last edited by Silverishness on Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:27 am; edited 1 time in total

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:40 pm

Seafoam Islands|Morning
    (8)

“So... Attie and Maudie...? What’re you doing here? Well, other than harassing my egg and Kegan?” The Larvesta in question gave a little chitter in annoyance, keeping his piercing blue gaze on the pair. They were the oddest Dewott's he had ever seen in his life. He felt the lion moving closer, and scooted away from the egg a tad to give him more room. His Flame Body would work best against the egg, but just being near it still had a slight effect. Besides, it wasn't his child, he was only helping. It wouldn't be right to not give the 'father' more access to the child.

"I think they are just trying to cause trouble, they seem the sort," answering his own opinion. "Trouble, Trouble, Trouble, with a capital 'T'." Kegan wasn't one for silly antics or jokes, having always been of a very calm, serious nature. Even when Dean was killed and he was captured, he never allowed it to rile him up. He had even wound up in the care of the one who trained him to fight as well as he did. All he had to do now was figure out how to level up to become a Volcarona. Though, if this pair was as much a nuisance as he thought, they might attract enough bad attention that he could get all of his leveling done in one day. Maybe they wouldn't be so bad to keep around...
    Fox
    Fox
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Fox Wed May 02, 2012 11:31 pm

(5)

“So... Attie and Maudie...? What’re you doing here? Well, other than harassing my egg and Kegan?”

Before either of the otters were able to reply, the bug chittered in annoyance.
    "I think they are just trying to cause trouble, they seem the sort. Trouble, Trouble, Trouble, with a capital 'T'."

The twins grinned at each other knowingly, their white teeth showing brightly as they gazed at the bug. The two released their holds on each other as they padded up to him.

"Trouble?"
    "How could you say a thing like that?"
    "Afterall, how do YOU know that you didn't barge onto OUR beach, hmm?"
    "So, presumptuous, little fire bug!"
    They countered, playfully teetering around the Larvesta as they spoke.

These guys are saps! They wouldn't attack us. Maudie gloated, his grin growing even wider. Especially not this little guy, he couldn't take on two water types. It gives us the opportunity to pick 'em clean when they're not looking!

(OTL IM SO SORRY GUYS. MY EMAIL IS JUST NOT WORKING AND SCHOOLS BEEN HELLISH)

Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Thu May 03, 2012 11:58 am

Seafoam Islands || Morning [8]

"I think they are just trying to cause trouble, they seem the sort. Trouble, Trouble, Trouble, with a capital 'T'."

Vincent offered Kegan a crooked smile, a flicker of discomfort washing over him at the insect’s brutal honesty in his opinions. The Luxray wouldn’t dream of insulting someone to their face – let alone a pair of rambunctious, possibly dangerous teens. He followed the Larvesta’s words with an awkward chuckle, directing his smile at the otter pair instead, clearly faltering at the fear they might take offence. He was relieved that they were unfazed, choosing to mock his companion instead.

Their final words in unison made the feline flinch slightly. Kegan didn’t seem the sort to take kindly to such strong words, and in a moment of impulse, Vince felt it his duty to keep the peace. He gave a fake laugh, alike to that of a father who wasn’t quite ‘down with the kids’.
    “T-They’re just kidding, Kegan,” Vincent grinned uncomfortably, nudging the Larvesta lightly with a paw. Lifting his head, he caught sight of the Fearow and Maro talking in the distance, apparently in some kind of deep, maybe even emotional conversation. Damn, looked like he would have to try and keep a handle of things alone. Shuffling on the spot, the Luxray glanced to the blue, practically cloudless sky above. “Nice day, eh?”
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Sat May 05, 2012 2:33 pm

Post 8

Seafoam Islands| Dawn

Maro regretted her question a little as the scarred bird seemed a little flustered by her onslaught of questions. She wanted to apologize, but he was the first to have answers, if vague, at all, and she wanted -needed- to know more. Wandering the world as a specter was all well and good, but... she just wanted to know why.

"Well... I have no idea. I have never met another like you, I have only heard stories, so I would assume that it is rare." He erected his posture, then stared back at her, his expression difficult to read. "Just consider yourself lucky, being brought back with a chance at a second life in this kind of world. You must mean something."

His additional statement made her give a small, appreciative chuckle. "...You're very kind to say that..." She paused as her eyes widened in shock. "Oh-- where are my manners? You gave me your name, but I never returned the favor. My name is Maro, FearSpirit, and... thank you for telling me what you knew. It does help..." She offered him a kind smile and looked to the others. "....Should we go join them?"

Last edited by Silverishness on Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:29 am; edited 1 time in total

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 06, 2012 6:18 pm

Seafoam Islands|Morning
    (9)

Kegan chittered again, his annoyance growing as they kept talking like that. Couldn't they each say what they were thinking without having to do it in unison? They might be twins, but they were still individuals, so they should act like it once in a while. “T-They’re just kidding, Kegan.” While the Larvesta could appreciate Vince trying to help diffuse the situation, these children were just being ridiculous.

He wormed his way over to them, his tiny legs sinking in the sand and making it difficult to more, and looked them right in the eyes. "Be that as it may," he began, "they still do not have the right to speak to their elders as such. I know for a fact that these are not your beaches, because I have been living in those trees behind me for a few weeks now and this is the first time I have seen you two. I feel for you, I do, but please show some respect." He gave a little huff and skittered back to the egg, wanting to keep his word to help it hatch.

“Nice day, eh?” If Kegan had the ability to facepalm, he would have.
    Fox
    Fox
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Fox Tue May 08, 2012 7:25 pm

(OoC- skip please, I got nothing. @_@)

Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Wed May 09, 2012 11:08 am

Seafoam Islands || Morning [9]

“Be that as it may, they still do not have the right to speak to their elders as such. I know for a fact that these are not your beaches, because I have been living in those trees behind me for a few weeks now and this is the first time I have seen you two. I feel for you, I do, but please show some respect."

Vincent had winced in preparation for what he believed would be a frankly frightening retaliation on the bug’s part, but he was relieved at Kegan’s civility. Suppose he had a point really, though Vince had never been one to support the traditional values the Larvesta spoke of; he’d been a rambunctious, arrogant cub too once upon a time. The mention of Kegan’s residence on the beach shocked the feline however. He titled his head, an image of pure confusion on his expressive face. Surely he must’ve passed Kegan during his duration on the island, although admittedly, Vince wasn’t the most observant of creatures. Pouting slightly as he glanced back to the trees, the Luxray gave a huff, pushing the news to the back of his mind as his gaze returned to the otters. Seemed they’d aptly shut up.

“Well... now that’s all settled, shall we rejoin the others?” Vincent announced hesitantly, lightly gesturing to the Fearow and Phanteon who were already approaching them. Ah... maybe it was best to wait here instead. Smiling awkwardly at the pair, his eyes momentarily flicking to his egg which Kegan had returned to loyally sitting beside, Vincent felt a surge of pure joy. It had been months since he’d seen a fellow survivor, and now all at once, there was a group of six of them! What’s more, they wanted to help him. Smiling to himself at the thought, offering a silent thanks to Arceus for the fortune bestowed upon him, Vincent nodded his head politely at the Fearow. He hadn’t had the chance to speak to the bird properly, although the male seemed somewhat intimidating on first impressions. The massive size for one – surely unnatural, and the combination of those scars couldn’t help but unnerve the feline. He felt himself subconsciously shrink back, his toothy smile still determinedly gracing his features. “Uh... hi, again,”
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 11, 2012 8:34 pm

Seafoam Islands | Morning (3)

Watching the horizon sitting down, Reine listened to the others and began to think and remember their names before she joined them. Maro was the sweetest so far, she thought, while Vincent was bold and daring. Attie and Maude were definitely the jokers of the small island group. Something about them just unnerved her to her core, even thinking about it gave her a chill and made her unconsciously stroke the Amethyst around her neck. Fearspirit and Kegan were quite interesting to her, as they both seemed to have things in their pasts that they didn't want to share to the group yet. Reine sighed and pulled herself out of her thought but not before once again thinking of the mysterious black and red Umbreon that kept reappearing in her thoughts. Blinking a small tear from her eye, Reine stood and stretched briefly before turning to the others.

The early morning sunlight caught the gems encrusted on her fins and she padded to the group with a deep breath. "My apologies everyone. I drifted off into my own thoughts. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Reine." A small smile formed on her muzzle as she looked at the others.
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Mon May 14, 2012 2:30 pm

Post 9

Seafoam Islands| Morning

Maro didn't get much time to prepare herself as the others made their way down to meet them. The luxray, Vince, seemed a little flustered and the Phanteon couldn't help but give the other a reassuring nod of the head. The bug -she'd already forgotten his name- seemed to be the least pleased one as he scuttled along the sands, nearly sinking into the stuff as he... existed... on top of them. The twins were just as she'd left them... themselves. Not twenty minutes of knowing them and she already had a very good inkling of how she was going to have to put up with them...

Reine made her way back and apologized for dozing or something of that nature and Maro chuckled. "Good to see you back. Now that we're all together, what about we find some food? I can safely say I haven't eaten in... a while..." She gave another laugh, but it was tinged with a hint of anxiety. It was still weird to be suddenly surrounded with so many others after months of separation and isolation.

Last edited by Silverishness on Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:30 am; edited 1 time in total

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 15, 2012 4:47 pm

Seafoam Islands|Morning
    (9)

Kegan huffed a little as the twins ignored him, but gave it no more thought as Vincent offered for them to go join the others. He was fine with the water fox, the whispy fox, but he wasn't sure about that bird. It had basically threatened him when it first landed in his tree, and had shown that he wasn't trusting of anyone. Not a good character assessment so far, in his opinion. Plus, birds eat bugs. No thank you.

Scooting across the sands was difficult as ever, his tiny steps always making him sink. Where as everyone else had footprints in their wake, he had a long valley. After meeting up everyone made their introductions, even the bird, and the Larvesta felt that as a gentleman he should reciprocate. "Kegan." He eyes the bird carefully as he said it, not sure if the bird would still want to eat him if he knew his fellow survivor's name. But he was unable to determine the large creatures intent, and that really bothered him. He had a duty to Vince to keep the egg warm and safe, and he couldn't do that from inside someone's belly. "Good to see you back. Now that we're all together, what about we find some food? I can safely say I haven't eaten in... a while..." She had to bring up food? As the smallest, un-evolved Pokemon here, he was the food.

Before he could let the feathered one put in his two cents, Kegan jumped in with his offer. "The trees I live in still have some berries left, and you are welcome to them of course. There isn't much, but it will hold you over until we can hunt down more suitable food." He looked nervously towards the Fearow and narrowed his eyes slightly. "Assuming that everyone here is okay with just berries."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 6:44 pm