Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+3
Fox
Silverishness
renegade
7 posters

The SEAFOAM Team

Fox
    Fox
    Elite
    Elite

The SEAFOAM Team  - Page 6 Empty Re: The SEAFOAM Team

Post by Fox Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:41 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Seafoam Islands | Noon
    (29)

Maudie tore his gaze away from his twin, gently moving from behind him and laying him down in the soft sand. Atticus cringed, biting his lip with his small fangs as he stiffly layed back.

The blue-scarved otter shuffled over in the sand, dragging all of the berries the ghost fox gave to them. With worry plastered all over his face, his dark claws picked over the fruit, pulling out the pink pechas and crushing them in his paws. His gaze shot from his brothers' distorted face back down to his paws and then to the wound in question. Maudie clenched his jaws as he made the crushed berry into a paste in his paws and gently applied the paste to the chemical burn on his brothers' leg.

After applying the poison cure, the otter grabbed the Sitrus berries left over and shuffled back to his brothers' side.
    "Here, eat these." He said softly, holding his head up as he held it out to him. Atticus grunted, taking the berry after recovering from the fading pain in his leg.
    "Is...is it gone?..." he said through his teeth, looking out to the sea.
    "...Yeah, it's gone..."

(sorry, tried my best. ^^:)

"What's the point in them being happy now if they're going to be sad later?
    The answer is, of course, because they're going to be sad later."

Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:37 am

Seafoam Islands || Noon [24]

"Are you sure? I can take to the air and look for them from the sky.”

Fear’s authoritative voice would usually make the lion jump, or at least flinch away, but so wracked with fearful sobs, he hardly noticed. Despite Vincent’s best attempts to hold onto a shred of dignity, thus far he had spectacularly failed, left in a state of complete and utter sorrow. His mind was consumed by Lily. She’d hate him. Her egg, her child, was gone and it was all his fault. Of course, he’d been scared of raising the hatchling, but no one in hell he would’ve wanted this to happen. The incredible guilt constricting his chest was making it difficult to breathe.

"It doesn't make sense for her to just run with your egg, Vince. Maybe something happened and she took it so it wouldn't get hurt... Either way, it's not your fault, dear. You couldn't have taken it to battle..."

Vincent desperately wanted to believe Maro’s explanation, clinging onto the hope that the whole event was just some misunderstanding – but his gut told him otherwise. The egg was gone. Reine was with or without it, and whilst the Luxray could never doubt the pretty Vaporeon’s intentions, this just wasn’t right. He could only pray the girl was safe and sound. Struggling to see his company through watery, the feline took a shuddering breath at Kegan’s support of the ghost-type’s theory.
    “O-Okay…” He choked out feebly, averting his gaze to ground as he roughly wiped his tearstained face with the back of a paw. Ashamed of his emotional state when the otter pair was still struggling to regain their health, the lion slumped to the ground, burying his face in his paws in shame. I’m so sorry, Lily…
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:13 am

((ERMERGERD, I DIDN'T REALIZE IT WAS MY TUUUUUUURN))

Post 24

Seafoam Islands| Noon

As Keagan agreed with her, trying to soothe the sobbing feline, Maro couldn't abide the sense of dread slowly weeling in her gut. While the whereabouts of Reine didn't concern her as much, the egg's disappearance had. Maybe Reine was assaulted while everyone was down on the beach? Maybe some undead got away with the egg or something-- either way, something happened, and her instincts told her it was something bad. Then again, it was always something bad now... this world didn't like to give the living good surprises anymore...

She nodded her head when the large fiery bug-god told her to stay with the boys as he and Fear went to go look. "Of course," she replied, sitting herself down near them and pushing berries toward them. As one brother fed the more wounded one, she placed a soft, wispy paw on a healthy side. "Don't forget to treat your own wounds, hon. Otherwise, you'll just reverse the situation." She sighed and looked down to little Nikki, who was glancing up at his uncle and Fear. "What do we do?" he asked, to which she simply shrugged.

"We can wait here for them to come back. If any of those monsters rear their ugly heads back up, I'll fend them off, ok, Sweetie? We'll be all right. You just focus on getting better and eating your fill." The last comment was said with a slight smile and a little poke to one of his uninjured sides, poking at the soft, silvery fluff. "Growing boys need their meals big and hearty."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Fox
    Fox
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Fox Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:40 am

Seafoam Islands | Noon
    (30)

"Don't forget to treat your own wounds, hon. Otherwise, you'll just reverse the situation." the ghost fox said softly, putting a paw on Maudie. The otter only paused, holding a berry over his brother as he turned his warm gaze towards her.
    "You don't understand! He's my brother!" He protested, words not expressing the need he felt to care for his twin. His skin was burning from the poison, making him break out in a cold sweat and his breath come out short. Feeling a paw on his arm, he whipped his head around, his eyes wide with surprise.

"Maud...she's right...you have to eat." He whispered, holding onto his twins' paw. "...Here..." He slowly sat himself up and took the berry. "You eat this one...for me..." With a quiet but pained smile, he put the berry to his twins' mouth, who reluctantly ate it.
    Maudie could feel his energy return and the searing pain in his skin slowly subside. He swallowed and got to his feet, offering a paw to his twin as he helped him up.

Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:39 am

Seafoam Islands || Noon [25]

Vincent was entirely lost to his own grieving, mourning, even as he remained convinced that the egg was destroyed – the precious life within dead. It was a crippling thought and he knew it was all his fault. He’d been showing off for a pretty face, Reine, and now, both the Vaporeon and his egg were gone. Something in his gut told him they weren’t together either. Probably some damn bird had clutched the egg, crushed it in his claws as a newborn fell lifeless in the sea. He shuddered at the image, physically repulsed by his own macabre mind.

As he was left to his own sorrows, face buried in the sand in a vain bid to block out the world around him, the voice of Lily engulfed his thoughts. She scolded him, told him to get up and find her precious child. She was crying, an image of her face flashing before his eyes as Vincent realized what a state he had become. He was doing nothing. He’d accepted her egg was gone – no, there was still hope. There had to be hope.

Rising to his feet, shaking his face free of the sand trying to blind his delicate eyes, Vincent suddenly took off. Sprinting as fast as his large paws would carry him, his sorrowful expression replaced with one of determination, almost anger, he slipped out of view.
    “I’ll find you,” He spoke to himself through pants, paws furiously propelling him onwards as he left the group at the beach. His large form was lost to the hungry forest, loyalties to the group lost as he reminded himself why he continued to live. The egg.

He would find it.

For Lily.

(( Leaving post! Vincent became difficult to write for awhile back and I thought this would be a good enough reason for him to leave. ^^; Hopefully, I’ll be back sometime in the future. :3 ))
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:56 am

Post 25

Seafoam Islands| Noon

Maro knew that the news would hit Vincent hard, but... she didn't expect him to simply run. With her attention mostly on the young boys before her, she had missed some of what had been said and had kept her mouth shut because of it. However, when Vincent simply turned tail and fled, the phanteon could help a cry of his name. "Vincent!" But she knew deep down that he wouldn't be deterred... He was gone.

When Fear landed out of breath to deliver the bad news she already knew, Maro could only nod. "...We can't stop him... and we need to take care of these boys... What Vincent did was his own business." She sighed and stood, glancing from the boys to the outcropping. "We should get them up there, where it's safer and easier to rest. It'll make for a nice camp." She turned to the others for their opinion. "What do you think?"

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:35 pm

Seafoam Islands|Noon
    K(23)/N(14)

All he could think of as he watched the lightning feline tear off down the beach was how proud he was of Vincent. Kegan knew that if it had been one of his charges he would have done exactly the same thing. The boy who wasn't ready to be a father had just had his moment, his spark, the moment in time when you realize that a child isn't a burden but in a fact a precious gift. Vincent, whether the kit was hatched or not, was a father. "Good luck, my boy," he whispered to the winds.

Fear was having a panic attack that the feline was leaving them, but over the roar of the winds he couldn't really respond to the large bird's fears. He wanted to try and offer some form of explanation but as they were still in the air he couldn't. Though once they landed he would have an opportunity to explain, so as Fear descended towards the children Kegan took it upon himself to settle at his designated place over Nikkolai, firey wings spread out over the injured young ones keeping them safe and warm. It was just a natural position for the broodmaster. "...We can't stop him... and we need to take care of these boys... What Vincent did was his own business." Kegan's eyes took to Maro as she offered her explanation of Vincent's behavior to FearSpirit and offered a nod of approval. She understood the cat's motives as well and it wasn't the first time Kegan wondered if Maro had kits of her own before this time.

"Do not worry about him FearSpirit, this is just something he has to do. Miss Maro is right, however. We need to focus on getting these boys to safety." Maro mentioned taking them back up the cliff and the large moth's head turned to gaze at the place from where they had come. "As good a place as any." He turned to the two otters on the ground beneath him and make a soft chittering sound as he assessed their injuries. "Would you boys like a ride from myself or Fear, or would you like me to use a Psychic to lift you up there? I don't want you walking in your condition."

He felt like somewhat of a failure for letting all three children get injured when he was right there to help them.

Nikki was distressed when he saw Mr. Vincent tearing off away from the group, with barely even a goodbye as he went to who knew where. He liked Mr. Vincent, and it hurt to see him leave. Miss Maro tried to offer comfort as she gave an explanation as to why Mr. Vincent left but it did no good to the silver kit. His friends were hurt, everybody was leaving, so it didn't matter what anyone said because these events were sad. All the explanations in the world wouldn't change that. His only comfort was Uncle Kegan landing in the sands once more and wrapping his wings around him.

The Vulpix burrowed himself into the ember scales and allowed himself to cry softly, not happy that the small little group was already breaking up. And as sadness grew in his heart and mind so too did images of his parents. Mother and Father were still out there, somewhere, and he missed them terribly. While the others were talking about taking shelter all Nikki could think about was his mother's long, soft fur and the sound of her heartbeat as he curled against her.

"Would you boys like a ride from myself or Fear, or would you like me to use a Psychic to lift you up there? I don't want you walking in your condition." Nikki lifted his head from the soft fuzz of his uncle's abdomen and blinked up at the two avian creatures. "A ride? As in...fly?" Mr. FearSpirit had offered him a ride before all of this, so maybe that meant Uncle Kegan would be okay with it? He did want too, it sounded like fun, but his worry for his two otter friends had his half smile falling before it ever finished. "Will they be okay?" His soft tails fell sorrowfully, brushing up against the twins as he looked up at Maro and Kegan, praying for a good answer.
    Fox
    Fox
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Fox Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:13 pm

Seafoam Islands | Noon
    (31)

The large feline dashed off, leaving the group in an uproar. The twins could do nothing but watch as they leaned against each other; witnesses to the quick and chaotic actions of everyone around them.

The warmth of the bugs' now enormous wings was comforting, and with the initial adrenaline wearing off, they were both swaying with exhaustion. They both listened quietly as the others talked about them and finding shelter, both attempting to mask their emotions through their fatigue.
    The ghost fox...she actually sounds like she cares...
    She even found us the berries and talked to us nicely...
    Even after what happened earlier.

Maudie glanced down at the silver Vulpix, who had nuzzled up to the bugs' wings and began to whimper. The otters' ears fell a bit, sudden guilt coming over him. He wanted to reach out and comfort the small fox, but he couldn't. He cringed as he readjusted himself, wrapping his arm and tail around his brother, who had begun to fall into unconsciousness.

"Would you boys like a ride from myself or Fear, or would you like me to use a Psychic to lift you up there? I don't want you walking in your condition." The bug asked them, chittering as he looked them up and down. Maudie looked to the ground in uncertainty, and then to his brother.
    "A ride? As in...fly?" the little Vulpix replied, excitement and awe creeping into his small voice. The child looked back at them with a spark of happiness on his maw, before it disappeared as quickly as it had showed up. The small fox whispered something to Kegan as his tails fell, brushing against them unintentionally.
    Do they actually care about us?....why are they being so nice?...Could this be a trap?...

Maudie took a deep breath, his hesitant gaze going from the large Fearow and back to the bug.
    I still don't trust him...what if he decides to get back at us and drop us?...I'd trust the bug before going with him...

"I uh...don't think we could fly...he's not strong enough right now..." He said quietly, nodding tiredly to his twin before quickly glancing over to the intimidating Fearow.

(OoC-Permission given to pick them up with a psychic my dear.~)

Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:36 am

Post 26

Seafoam Islands| Noon

As the others came to an agreement on a plan for moving thier injured, Maro sighed in relief. They were getting away from the beach and back to the safety of the outcropping, which made her feel all the better. As she wasn't a direct part of the moving party -as the men were far better eqipped to move them- she felt she needed to do something else to help. Eyes flicking to the remaining berries the boys had yet to eat, she gathered them back up with a paw and found her task. "I'll get these back up to the outcropping so they'll be there when you get there." Picking the small bundle up with her teeth, she jaunted over the sands easily, almost gliding back to their meeting place.

Once in the rocky shelter, she set the berries to the side and out of they way, safe from wandering paws and clumsy feet. Glancing back to the others, her mind sought for something else to do, something more to keep her mind occupied. Her thoughts quickly led to bedding for the injured, making her think back to the cushy, leafy foliage nearby. Making her way speedily out of the rocks, she found some large leaves like the one that served as her berry knapsack and tore them, getting a nice bouquet. Hurrying back, she laid them out in a pallet, softening the hardness of the craggy floor. "There, that should do it," she commented to herself as she looked over her work. The boys should be plenty comfortable in that.

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:08 pm

Seafoam Islands|Noon
    K(24)/N(15)

"I'll get these back up to the outcropping so they'll be there when you get there."

Kegan nodded as Maro headed up the cliff, offering the female a small thanks. He turned back to the injured pair and awaited their reply. "I uh...don't think we could fly...he's not strong enough right now..." Well that only left the one option. “Hold on to your brother, it will make this easier.” His body soon began to glow with a faint pink aura that transferred to the boys, the aura slowly lifting them off of the ground. Giving Fear a nod he looked to Nikkolai. “Make sure you mind FearSpirit, I don't want you getting hurt again.” Nikkolai nodded to his Uncle and wobbled a little as he tried to stand. The poor kit was still a little damaged from his own encounter with the beast.

"Well, there we go. They will be fine. Why not have a little fun for once, Nikki?" Nikki gave a sweet nod and climbed on top of Fear, settling himself on the slick feathers. “This won't be scary, will it Mr. Spirit?” Nikki had never flown before and wasn't sure what to expect. He wanted to see the world from the skies like the flying types did, but if he fell or if something went wrong he didn't have his own wings to save himself. The thought of falling soon had the silver Vulpix shivering in fear as he awaited his friend's answer.

Kegan flapped his wings and made his way over to where they had disposed of the Charizard, being as gentle as possible with the two otters. Landing awkwardly onto the cliff-side he brought the twin Dewott's in front of him and led them into the cave first, climbing up the face of the rock to the top manually. Entering the cave was somewhat of a struggle, the bug's girth being much larger than it had been previosly. He briefly wondered how that Charizard had lived in here. Seeing Maro set up a small bed of leaves he looked to her before setting the boys down upon it gently. “Comfortable?” He didn't want to add to their injuries, but it wasn't an exact science dropping someone onto a bed of leaves.
    Fox
    Fox
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Fox Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:01 pm

Please skip me my dears, I'm super busy with school, I'm sorry @_@
    Just say the twins got on the beds safely and fell asleep)

Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:01 am

Post 27

Seafoam Islands| Noon

Maro sighed softly as the twin otters fell asleep. She could safely admit that when she'd originally met the pair, she'd doubted she would lift a paw if they were ever in need. It seemed her mothering instincts were still strong as ever, and it brought a small smile to her face. She was glad that her mind wasn't so clouded that she would have left these boys to die... Every life was precious, especially now that thousands of them were extinguished every day. She beamed up at the newly evolved Keagan, happy that they'd all survived.

It seemed Nikki was being carried by Fear, which left she and the giant fire bug alone in the outcropping while the other two made their way over. "...You know... we could stay here. Make this a little more formidable for the elements and Undead, and we could really have a home here. We shouldn't think about moving soon anyway, since the boys will be too weak to travel for a while."

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:06 am

Seafoam Islands|Noon
    K(25)/N(16)

Kegan settled down as comfortably as he could on the hard stone floor of the cave, keeping himself close to the boys so that they could share of his heat. He couldn't help but shift often and rather loudly every few minutes, mind longing for just the day before where he could fit in a tree and settle in the comfort of its branches. "...You know... we could stay here. Make this a little more formidable for the elements and Undead, and we could really have a home here. We shouldn't think about moving soon anyway, since the boys will be too weak to travel for a while." While that didn't sound overly appealing to the large moth he still could sympathize with the dream of it. She wanted a home, a place they could settle down, and having come from such a stable environment himself he understood the longing. "Maybe that wouldn't be so bad."

His large blue eyes gazed at the sleeping twins and was glad that their terrible ordeal was over. They were boisterous, loud, and downright irritating at times, but they were still good kids in there somewhere. Maro had seen it when he had been willing to doubt, but they had proven that all they really needed was support and a guiding hand. "How long do you think they've been alone?" He asked Maro, head turning slightly from the boys to her misty form. "From their behavior it seems they've only had each other for a long time."

As he waited for Maro to speak he noticed that FearSpirit and Nikki weren't there yet and a fatherly concern filled him for the injured kit. Excusing himself politely he shifted his large body to its small legs and crawled out of the mouth of the cave where he saw a terrifying sight. Nikki. Alone and screaming as he plunged towards the earth at incredible speed. "Nikkolai!" Kegan beat his powerful wings and launched himself out of the cave, sparks and flickers of ember scales falling trailing behind him and falling to ash upon the ground.

Nikki was terrified, seeing the world approaching faster and faster until he was sure he was going to die. He had no idea what had happened. A minute ago he had been giggling and having a good time riding on the back of his friend, the large avian swooping and diving to entertain him, but then the unthinkable happened. Something attacked them and sent the Fearow darting for safety, but they couldn't get away. So he went into the clouds to hide, the small vulpine on his back whimpering in terror, but they were found there as well. One sharp movement had FearSpirit rolling back and sent the Vulpix tumbling towards the earth.

He screamed, loud and long, praying Fear or his Uncle would hear his desperate cries. But nothing came. He shut his eyes tight and cried, his little heart pounding to the point of bursting as he awaited the inevitable 'thud' that would mark his demise. But when he finally hit the ground was surprisingly...soft. Soft? Body tense and rigid, he cracked one eye open and looked down into a deep white fuzz. His body slowly relaxed as he felt a soothing heat filling his body and warming him from the chill of high atmosphere. It took almost the entire trip back to the cave before his mind finally registered that his Uncle Kegan had saved him.

Upon landing Nikki quickly jumped from his Uncle's back and felt a great relief of knowing it was solid ground beneath his paws. He looked around for a moment before suddenly bursting into tears, terrifying the moth behind him. Kegan panicked, thinking Nikkolai was hurt but when he felt the small silver fox charge him and bury his face into his upper body he realized that the boy was just coming down from shock. "Uncle Kegan..." Wrapping his wings around the kit Kegan lay down once more, not caring if he was comfortable or not, and allowed the boy to sob. Looking to Maro he gave a small nod to let her know the child was alright before looking out of the cave, eyes distant as his mind turned inwards. He didn't know what became of the large Fearow who had been carrying the kit, and while it was a concern for him what mattered most at this moment was Nikkolai.

As he lay among the injured, meek, and the gentle, Kegan made a solemn vow. For as long as he still breathed, he would never let anything happen to them again.

((Hope I did your leaving justice Ciana, since you had Nikki on your back when Fear went inactive. I'll miss FearSpirit))
    Fox
    Fox
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Fox Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:00 pm

(Please skip me, the twins are still unconscious, but they'll probably wake next round)

Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:00 am

Post 28

Seafoam Islands| Afternoon

Maro gave a gentle smile as Keagan quietly agreed with her small question. It would probably not be that great of a home for the giant moth, but at least he could see the merit in the idea. She was weary of constant travel, the life of a nomad unfitting for her desires. She yearned for her old life once more, for stability and normalicy. However... those dreams were likely to stay just that-- dreams. The roaming Undead wouldn't allow for peace... even in death.

"How long do you think they've been alone?" Keagan's voice cut through Maro's macabre thoughts, dragging her from the depths of her own mind back to reality. "From their behavior it seems they've only had each other for a long time."

She nodded, her eyes going to their resting forms. "I think you're right... Poor boys. Must not have had the best of parents or friends. Well, hopefully they'll learn we mean no harm. It's hard to find pokemon you can trust nowadays." A motherly smile graced her features, only to be whisked away by fear when a bloodcurdling scream ripped through the otherwise peaceful air. Her head snapped to the beach, where she caught sight of a falling figure of silver.

"KEAGAN!" she cried, pleading for the moth to help the poor airborne kit. Nikkolai had only just been on Fear's back; what had happened?! She trotted out to the entrance of the outcropping, eyes wide with alarm as the moth expertly caught his quarry. She gave a small, anxious sigh of relief, but her crimson eyes searched the clear sky for a trace of brown. Where had the fearow gone...? "Fear..."

The two returned, thankfully unharmed as the little kit jumped off onto the sand. She was about to ask whether the little boy was all right when he nearly immediately burst into tears, burrying his face into the moth's fluff. Keagan lay, wrapping the small boy with his large wings and nodded to her, to say he was all right, then looked back out to the cave. Maro nodded back, letting the boy cry his fear out rather than trying to suppress it. She took a few steps out of the cave, eyes scanning the sky for Fear's large wingspan. "....What happened, do you think, Keagan?" She knew Nikki wouldn't be able to recount the surely terrifying experience, so she didn't want to directly as him. She doubted the small vulpix heard her over his sobs, anyway. Frowning, she returned to her place beside the twins, taking an oran berry and placing it in front of Keagan. "...For when he settles down."

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:13 am

Seafoam Islands|Afternoon
    K(26)/N(17)

Kegan couldn't do much to comfort the sobbing child, he had to come down from the shock on his own. The best he could do was hold the young Nikkolai, offering soft words and warmth until he could feel the youth settling down. He himself felt an odd sort of comfort knowing that Maro was at his side, even offering him an Oran berry to give Nikkolai when he settled down. "Thank you, Miss Maro. He may need it..." The large fire moth looked down beneath his wings at the small silver Vulpix, who finally seemed to stop crying but was still sobbing. The poor boy had cried so much he ran out of tears.

Maro asked what he thought had happened and honestly he wasn't sure. "I saw Nikki falling from the clouds, so they must have been much higher than necessary. I don't think that the Fearow would have dropped him on purpose though, he really seemed to like Nikkolai." He wished he knew what had happened, and why FearSpirit was gone, but he had no explanation other than what he had seen. He heard hiccuping beneath him and realized that Nikki was finally settling down, albeit slowly.

Tiny silver paws stuck out from under his large wings, followed by a curly tuft of hair and finally sad amber colored eyes. Nikki looked up at Maro pleadingly, silently asking her for something he knew she couldn't give. Peace. Wiping a paw across his face to try and wipe away his tears Nikki sniffled and tried to clear his throat. "We were attacked..." he whispered, trying to give them some explanation of what happened without them blaming Fear for something he didn't do. "He tried to get away but...I fell. He tried but he couldn't catch me, and then I couldn't see him anymore..." His voice trailed off as he rested his head on his paws, eyes full of sadness and melancholy, and pushed the previously offered Oran Berry away. He didn't want to eat, he just wanted this day to be over already.
    Fox
    Fox
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Fox Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:16 pm

Seafoam Islands | Afternoon
    (32)

"....falling from the clouds..."
    "I don't think that the Fearow..."
    "...attacked..."
    ".....couldn't see him..."

Maudie groaned quietly, his head pounding and all of his limbs aching. His eyes fluttered open, the dark, rocky ceiling above greeting them. He had heard pain and sadness in the voices; confusion. He pushed himself up, his paws grasping at the softness beneath his body in slight surprise.
    He looked about dazedly, his eyes resting on his still unconscious brother next to him before everything came back to his hazy mind.
    The Tentacruel, the panic, the lion leaving, all of it.
    The otter cringed, closing his eyes again as he put one paw to his face and the other on his twins' torso.
    "...What happened...?" He slurred, his boyish voice echoing off the walls. "Why...where's..." the otter sluggishly looked at the others, his speech muddled and brows low from the pounding pain in his head.

Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:57 am

Post 29

"I saw Nikki falling from the clouds, so they must have been much higher than necessary. I don't think that the Fearow would have dropped him on purpose though, he really seemed to like Nikkolai."

Maro frowned at Keagan's testimony. Something dreadful must have happened. As if following his uncle's example, Nikki began explaining what had occured himself. An attack, a tussle in the air was what caused the fall. Worry washed over Maro for Fear's well-being; unsure if the lack of a body was a good thing or not. She gave a shaky sigh, wanting to get ahold of herself again. She needed to be strong for little Nikki and the twins, not fussing over a fearow she'd only just met. But...

Stirring to her side brought with it a distraction from her thoughts, her eyes spotting movement from one of the twins. Her eyes widened when the blue-scarfed one began muttering, and she quickly went to his side, leaving the rejected berry where it was. Perhaps Keagan would get the little kit to eat. She stood over the otters, pawing out more of the berries she'd gathered.

"Shh, shh..." she whispered, putting the berries near him. "You still need rest. Close your eyes; you're still in bad shape. Your brother's beside you, sleeping." She figured he'd want to know the whereabouts of the red-scarved one. Maybe it'd put him at ease enough to get more sleep. She kept her voice low, but soothing and supportive. Even though she'd lost her kit, she never stopped being a mother. "Go on, now."

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:02 am

Seafoam Islands|Afternoon
    K(27)/N(18)

Nikki saw his friend coming to and his tiny ears pricked up, tails beginning to bounce softly up and down as he watched almost desperate for a positive response. They had to be okay...they just had to. "...What happened...? Why...where's..." The silver fox soon had a small smile gracing his face as he let out the breath he hadn't realized he'd been holding. He made a move to get up, intending on going to be by his friends, but when Miss Maro stopped Maudie from getting up he shrank back down to the floor. His ears went flat to his head, his tails tucked beneath him as much as the fluffy appendages could, and Nikkolai just looked on sadly not wanting to cross the ghostly vulpine tending to his friends.

Kegan saw Nikkolai's defeated posture and pitied the youth, knowing that it was hard for the gentle-hearted boy to not try and comfort his friends. But Maro was right to order the twin back to rest, they were no where near recovered yet and Nikki himself was still in need of tending. Remembering the small Oran that Maro had left for the Vulpix he nudged it over to the child in his care only to have it slowly batted back at him. "Nikkolai, you need to eat. This will help you get better." He gave Nikki his stern voice but for the first time it seemed to have no effect on the boy, who just looked back at him sadly before turning his gaze to the otters once more. Sighing in defeat Kegan realized that he would have to compromise to get the child to eat. "If I let you rest by them, will you eat it?"

Nikki heard the offer and let it filter through his mind, finally turning to his Uncle Kegan and nodding his head slowly. Kegan let out another sigh and used his large wings to scoot Nikki closer to the bed the twins lay upon and the silver fox happily curled up on the soft leaves. The Oran was placed in front of him and Nikki knew he had to keep his end of the deal, so he placed a paw on it and rolled it towards his face. "Thank you, Uncle Kegan," he said politely before biting into the small fruit, letting the juices run down his throat before he swallowed the tender flesh. They were right, of course, and he did feel better after eating it. But that didn't mean he didn't want to be near his friends too.
    Fox
    Fox
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Fox Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:50 pm

Seafoam Islands | Afternoon
    (33)

Maudie turned his soft gaze to the ghost fox, who rolled some berries into his side and hushed him gently.
    "You still need rest. Close your eyes; you're still in bad shape. Your brother's beside you, sleeping."
    The otter cringed, putting his paw to his pulsing temple and half-consciously ate some of the berries.
    "Urgh...is he okay...?" He slurred, falling back onto the leaves, closing his eyes, and slowly falling back into unconsciousness.

(;-; I'm so sorry, I had no idea it was already my turn! They're gonna go to sleep for a bit after this, cuz they need some rest. I'll be back in a few turns.~)

Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:09 am

Post 30

Maro sighed as she settled down to watch the children settled themselves, finding comfort in each others' company enough to rest and eat. She smiled as the dire situation finally seemed to fade, leaving them all to simply wait for recovery. However, as the children slept, something moving in the sky caught her eye. Crimson orbs locked onto the figure, dread filled her as she realized the odd brown formation was a bird. A fairly large bird.

"Fear!"

The name erupted out of her without thinking, suddenly regretting the cry. It would only worry the children and make them want to help. Her glance turned to the Keagan, knowing he was the only one large enough to help. Her attention turned back to Fear, who lay, listless, on the sands. Another bird flew off from him, and a snarl caught her throat. So that was what caused Nikki to fall! Insolent, selfish, bull-headed... "Keagan, do you think the children will be ok alone for the five minutes it will take me to get Fear in here and for you to kill that son-of-a-bitch that nearly killed them both?" Of course, she had no idea whether Fear had made it or not; it was pure optimism. Still, she knew he needed to get out and away from the water, lest another tentacruel come for him as well.

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 8:02 am