Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+16
Nightfall
Abysswalker
Kaze
CelestialSeren
Alhoon
Duma
NyraXerz
Silverishness
Snitch
renegade
Min
Jay
SkeletonCupcake
Scizor
Suicune
Negative10
20 posters

(ACE) The STARK Team

Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

(ACE) The STARK Team  - Page 15 Empty Re: (ACE) The STARK Team

Post by Dandelion Fri May 02, 2014 2:38 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Stark Mountain
    | Mid Afternoon
    Nikora 15 | George 15

The sounds of the battle had faded, bringing unease to the female Growlithe. Were her new friends alright? Were they winning or losing? She had missed so much that even the smallest details at this point would be welcomed. It was a.. Steelix? The vague shape of a silver snake comes to mind but Nikora isn't sure whether its her imagination or if that really was the monster the others were fighting. The Arcanine.. Would her fire typing be a hindrance or a blessing in that fight? The Puppy Pokemons mind races with more and more questions until she bumps into George's hunch. "Oof." One paw raises to rub her muzzle, embarrassment filling her gaze as George smiled. He had that face again, the 'you goof' smile. Her eyes cast away with a grin.

The male Growlithe wagged his tail, pleased to be moving again even though it wasn't in the best of situations. As he watched Jude mark their way he tried to assist, dragging his thick claws across the stones on the ground and walls. The effort was in vain however, as the tiny scratches he managed to score merely mingled into the rough rocky surface. They looked like everything else and would serve no help in guiding the others. With a soft sigh and shrug he continued to pad forward, muttering to himself, "At least I tried."
    Worry pricked through his pelt as the path began to slope. Feeling each step in his thighs George wondered why the path was moving upward. Open space? A vein of hard stones? Heat? He puffs. Living on a steep mountain and enjoying cavern slopes were two completely different things. There wouldn't be any flooding in this cave. So why the slope?

Glancing at their branch of a torch Nikora wonders how much path they can mark before it becomes too small to sustain itself. This tunnel had to open up, branch out, or lead them outside. If it wasn't natural it had to lead to one of those things. Smith wouldn't just make a dead end. At least not without warning us first. Was she thinking too much of the powerful Aggron that she barely knew? Another small snap of the branch draws her back to Jude and George. "Oh, Jude, do you-" Her voice is quickly cut off and silenced by the Zoroark, a sense of urgency boiling in the air. Slowly, Nikora scoots closer to George, her ears perking for the sound of wings.

"Zubats?" George whispers harshly, alarm in his voice. Stretching his neck upward so his chin can rest on the soft yellow fur of the females head the Growlithe concentrates. Nikora's heartbeat echos in his one ear, the organ long since attuned to any noise made by the female. All other sound would normally be drowned out by it but yet... the echo of dozens and dozens of wing beats and clicking calls cycle through his one ear. Not real, its not real. The other cave was filled with these dang bats. Everywhere they went, dead or alive the bats were there. There wasn't even enough room to breathe against them when they moved, a swarm of tiny teeth and wings.. George stiffens, claws scrapping the hard stone beneath his pads.
    George was pressing hard against her. This was bad, really bad. Nikora knew that her mate was fine with caves, dim light, and Zubats, but mixed together after that one time.. He's going to panic. They had to move. Rubbing her wet nose against her companions chin Nikora turns her worried brown gaze to Jude. "We need to go back." She whispers as softly as she can. Even if they didn't leave they had to do something. As long as they don't swarm.. How far were the bats? If they stayed roosting that was one thing, but if they took flight..
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Thu May 15, 2014 12:50 pm

Route 227/Mid Afternoon
    (S: 43: J: 8)

Smith couldn't hide his triumphant smirk as Sahara's Flamethrower melted the Steelix's remaining eye into nothingness. Blood and pus oozed down its face as it drooped its head and groaned, now fully blinded. Now all that was left was to finish it. Smith bent down and picked up a decently-sized stone just as the Arcanine spoke up.

"At best, it can only see bleeding colors now, if anything. But it can obviously still hear us. Any ideas on how shall we finish it?" Smith nodded as he watched the beast jolt at the sound of voices and swing its tail around madly, trying in vain to hit them. It came close a few times, and Smith decided he'd had enough of fighting for one day. He gripped the stone tightly and threw it against a rock jutting out of the ground. Surely enough, the Steelix heard the impact and launched itself in its direction, too insane with rage and pain to even consider that it was throwing itself into a solid rock.

It's skull weakened by their attacks, it crashed into the rock and lay dazed for a moment. Smith saw his chance; his tail glowing, he prepared the biggest Iron Tail he could and slammed it down right in the middle of the monster's head. It's body jolted and convulsed for a second before going still, the earth quaking as the rest of its body landed. Dark blood poured from the open wound.

Smith doubled over and heaved a massive sigh of relief, resting his hands on his knees. They'd done it. Despite the odds they'd formed one hell of a team, he and Sahara. Looking at them, one would never think that they despised each other. Smith's eyes turned to her as he inhaled some of his energy back, before a sudden and brutal gust of wind nearly knocked him over, and massive raindrops soaked his armour. The storm was upon them in all its fury; they needed to get to the caves.

Battling the gales, Smith pushed his way over to Sahara and placed a firm hand on her neck. "We need to go. We get caught in this we're done for." He cast his gaze northwards towards his mountain, its peak hidden behind dark, thick clouds. Looking back at the paralysed Arcanine, he added, "Get up and I'll push yer. Come on! Yer need to try!"

Every strand of Jude's fur stood was stood on end as he gazed into the darkness of the path ahead. There were Zubat there, no doubt about it. It was faint, but if he squinted he could just about make out about a dozen - maybe more - small black figures hanging from the ceiling. Whether they'd seen them, Jude did not know, but it made him hide the torch behind his back nonetheless.

"We need to go back," Nikora whispered from behind him. Jude nodded, and turned to go back the way they'd come. "Yes ... I don't know how many there are," he whispered back, "but I'd rather have the Aggron and Arcanine with us for this one. They're strong - they can deal with it." Provided they weren't battered and beaten - or worse, dead - after their Steelix battle, but he didn't add that part.

A great howl from outside brought a fierce gust of wind through the tunnels. Jude quickly shielded the torch from the gale, listening to the agitated screeches from the Zubat horde behind him, the wind having disturbed them from their slumber. "I-I'd rather take on the storm right now," he stammered, watching nervously as several pairs of bright red eyes opened and glared straight at them.

"I think we'd better run for it!" Jude cried as the horde spread their wings and hurtled straight towards them, their rotting teeth bared as they launched their frenzied attack. "Come on!" The entrance to the tunnel was now a mere dot of light in the distance, and the Zoroark wasted no time in dropping the torch and sprinting towards it on all fours. Zubat didn't like the light, so if they could just get outside... One more day, Arceus, please give me one more day...
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Sun May 18, 2014 2:09 am

Route 227 | Afternoon (61) (20)

Ha! The stupidity of zombified Pokémon never failed to amaze. Smith hurled a stone against a standing rock and of course the Steelix thought it had them. All it actually had was probably a severe headache now that it had crashed against the standing rock. It laid quietly for a moment, surprisingly enough, and most definitely regretting it's rash move into attacking a rock. Sahara could've laughed at that thought.

With the crunching of a skull, Smith's Iron Tail sealed the Steelix's fate. Or second fate... Anyway, the Steelix bolted up and shuddered momentarily, before finally falling down and sending an ending quake through the ground.
    Sahara's ears perked up and she sat on her haunches, grinning as she watched blood pool around the Steelix's corpse. Yep, that's the kinda sadistic things that the tiger dog enjoyed seeing. The stupid Steelix had it coming.

The storm was rolling in fast now. Heavy drops of rain fell down and the winds were unforgiving. Sahara noticed Smith nearly being knocked over by the gusts. Hopefully the rain would put out the flames before the winds could spread them. The flames... I caused those. Should I feel something? she questioned herself. Since the night she escaped that man, her emotions were twisted. Loathing and depression were nearly her only emotions, almost everything else were alien feelings that were generally smothered by hatred. What am I, really? A murderer? Her eyes slid shut for a moment and she took in the smell of blood, smoke and rain.

"We need to go. We get caught in this we're done for." The armored hand of Smith on her neck dragged her away from her thoughts. Sahara sighed, crystal orbs looking at Smith, "I don't believe I can make it... I will meet back up with you all at Stark." She intended on returning to the mountain, just not to meet the others. After all, she was destined to be alone. Playing along with the facade that she belonged with a group was silly.

"Get up and I'll push yer. Come on! Yer need to try!" Smith urged. Didn't this guy hate her? And here he was, offering to help... Why didn't he just leave her? She looked to him, utterly baffled for a moment, and feeling alien. She stood up, legs shaking with the effort of standing. "I think I can wa--" She was quickly cut off by her back legs coming out from under her and landing painfully on them.

"Darn." she gave an uncharacteristic, sheepish smile and got back up, "I think I might need the help..."

((OoC - Pushing / Dragging / Any form of moving Sahara towards Stark is fine. :3))
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Thu May 22, 2014 9:11 pm

Stark Mountain
    | Mid Afternoon
    Nikora 16 | George 16

Nikora took a nervous step backward, her claws roughly gripping the stone. "Yes ... I don't know how many there are," If there was more then three then there was too many. "but I'd rather have the Aggron and Arcanine with us for this one. They're strong - they can deal with it." The female Growlithe held her tongue while her face grimaced. Was that all Jude thought of her friends? They are worth more then that.. Letting it pass without protest Nikora turned away from the bats with her side still firmly pressed against George's.

Though they were facing away from the creatures the sounds echo throughout his one ear. The soft clicks and squabbles, wings beating and stretching, bats so close that his own heart felt trapped beneath them. It didn't even matter if they were alive or undead. Swallowing dryly George goes completely rigid as a strong gust of wind flushes the cavern while Nikora shields her face from it. The sounds get louder, the noises more agitated as the sleeping bats awaken in anger. "I-I'd rather take on the storm right now," He doesn't even dare turn to see them. No, he can hear them. He can hear wings fluttering and the rapid clicking as the awoke. And and.. "I think we'd better run for it!"
    He sprinted. George ran before the bats even started dropping, blasting past Jude and their only light source. His legs were no match for their wings as they quickly gained speed in their anger. Soon it was nothing but darkness and wing beats, horror pulsing through his veins with every rapid heartbeat. The speck of light ahead, the end of the tunnel, was all he could focus on. Not the bats.. anything but death by bats.. He couldn't die like this..

"Come on!" Nikora had no plans of staying where she was. She watched as George dissipated into the darkness ahead of them, her legs not nearly as swift as his panicked one.. "George, wait!" She begged but knew it wouldn't happen. Hurt ached in her heart as he vanished but she had no time to sulk- Zubats chattered in her ears and swooped at her. "Bugger off!" She growled, practically tripping over her own paws. A Zubat dived, bouncing off her head uncomfortably as she ran but doing no real damage. "Leave me alone!" She continued, a blast of Ember's coming from her muzzle. The flecks of fire momentarily lit up the cave, the bats clearly visible in the orange light along with their long shadows against the walls. George would scream if he saw that.. Despite the attack their small, moving bodies seemed to easily avoid the fire and it merely died out on the rocks.
    Nikora kept running, feeling the bats bite or scratch at her, blast of air ruffling her pelt as she went. It was too hard to see them in the dark but it would be even harder to hit them in the open. Zubat hate the light.. Would they care though? And the Steelix is outside. Her paced slowed but didn't stop. She was surrounded.
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Mon May 26, 2014 3:47 pm

Route 227/Mid Afternoon
    (S: 44| J: 9)

"I think I can wa--" Sahara's words were quickly cut off as her legs collapsed underneath her. Getting shakily back to her feet, she admitted, "I think I might need the help..." Smith nodded, grunting as another gust of wind smacked him on the back of the head. His grip on Sahara's neck tightened; he'd once seen a mother Mightyena carrying her puppy by a loose patch of skin on the back of his neck, and he wondered if Arcanine had this as well. His fingers found it, and he gripped her scruff tightly as he began to pull her along.

The rain lashed at them sideways as the fierce wind became more constant. This storm was hurricane force - Smith had seen them before - and knew that it spared no one stranded in its clutches. Smith held one hand in front of his face while the other pulled the paralyzed Sahara. "Just keep yer legs movin'," he shouted over the howling gales. Then he added, "I'm not lettin' this storm finish yer - I'll be the one to do that." But was he even being serious? More than anything, he found it odd that he was even helping her instead of leaving her out here and letting the storm do its work. The absurdity of the whole situation forced a chuckle out of the Aggron, but he quickly stopped and hoped that Sahara hadn't heard it.

"Almost there!" he called as the cave entrance came into view just beyond the damp haze. A flash of purple light from not far within enticed a growl from Smith's throat. "Just what the fuck is going on NOW?!"

Apart from getting out of there with his life still intact, another thing was occupying Jude's mind as he ran. He was doing exactly what he promised himself he wouldn't - use the stronger Pokemon as a means of protection. He needed to stop this, more for himself than anyone else. As a spur of the moment thought, it could be forgiven, but as a regular way of perceiving things ... Jude didn't want to imagine the guilt if one of them got killed because of his cowardice.

"But you're not a coward," the Zoroark breathed to himself as he sprinted towards the light. A cry from behind urged him to turn; he saw Nikora firing an Ember attack at the horde, but their small, nimble bodies managed to dodge. The swarm surrounded her, and Jude steeled himself. Eyes glowing bright pink, he yelled, "GET DOWN!" to his companions. Seconds later, his Extrasensory attack had pulsed through almost the entire horde, knocking out some and forcing others to flee.

As the light faded, Jude scrambed to Nikora's side. "That was close ... You OK?" Just a few metres behind him was the cave entrance, the dimmed light of day accompanied by the wind blowing large spots of rain at them. Fogged out by the haze, Jude beamed as he saw the outlines of Smith and Sahara slowly approaching.

"Here they are! They're alive!" Jude could've jumped for joy. Not only were they alive, but he'd taken down that horde by himself! Now just continue as you are and you'll do just fine.

"You're here!" Jude was a furry ball of excitement as the two warriors made it over the threshold, soaked to the skin, filthy and bruised. "Wow, how did you--"
    "Later," Smith barked as he practically dragged Sahara alongside him. Jude's brow furrowed in concern - did she have a broken bone? "Let's just get in." Jude moved aside as Smith took the lead with Sahara still in his grasp. He took extra care to step on all the fallen Zubat as he went, crushing their tiny bodies like acorns. "Follow me."

"Lead the way," Jude said, composing himself to be a little more serious as he padded after them, glad to be away from the wind's biting strength. "I'm right behind you both."
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Wed May 28, 2014 2:07 am

Route 227 | Mid Afternoon (62) (21)

Geez. How disgraceful. Being dragged along by the nape of her neck by someone who wanted nothing more than to see her dead? A better method of trying to reach the mountain had to exist, but Sah had not the energy to walk on her own nor any idea where to find the correct entrance to Stark. Besides, if she ran into trouble on her own, she doubted she'd be able to handle it - much to her annoyance.
    "Just keep yer legs movin'," Smith said as Sahara stumbled alongside him. I'm trying, here... her mind whispered.

"I'm not lettin' this storm finish yer - I'll be the one to do that." Seemed Smith couldn't resist a death threat aimed at the Arcanine every ten seconds. She had to stifle a scoff - she was the one with a type advantage here, and the only way she was dying was if he took a cheap shot while she was paralyzed. That'd be pretty freakin' low.

Smith's booming voice alerted Sah that they were nearly at the end of this awkward endeavor, "Almost there!" Her back claws left trails in the dirt as her rear legs were dragged along, paralysis shooting through her body in waves. "Just what the fuck is going on NOW?!" Smith growled. Sahara shrugged, "Who knows..."

"You're here!" cried the ecstatic Zoroark. Voice dripping in sarcasm, Sahara added, "No kidding." She was rather pleased when Smith silenced the small talk from the bubbly Jude, continuing on into Stark Mountain.

As the trudged through the countless Zubat corpses, the tiger dog realized something was missing... Rather, someone. That little bat she had rescued... "Olive?" she asked aloud, "Where did you go?" Realizing the Living Zubat was no longer among them, Sahara gave a sigh and carried on.
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:54 pm

The Caves/Mid Afternoon
    (S: 45| J: 10)

Jude slowly padded behind Smith and Sahara, carefully avoiding the squashed corpses of the Zubat as he went. The foul, dirty smell of infected blood was getting stronger as the Aggron continued to deliberately trample any that lay in his path, and Jude had to quickly cover his mouth as he heaved. What sort of message would be pass on about himself if he threw up here? He'd seen worse, and he was damn sure there was worse to come. If he hurled here, he might as well turn round and get as far away from Stark Mountain as possible.

But he didn't, and although he felt sick he managed to keep the berries down from that morning. He looked up to see a soft orange glow ahead, and realised it was the torch he had dropped in his haste to flee from the Zubat horde. Smith passed it without looking at it, still pulling Sahara by the scruff of her neck. Jude went to pick it up, but the echo of a loud snort of laughter from Smith made him freeze.

"A torch," he scoffed. "Whose idea was that? No wonder the Zubat came after yer."

Jude kept his mouth shut, hoping that none of the other two would say whose grand idea it was to light a torch in a dark cave full of infected. Brilliant. Jude could've punched himself, but instead just kept his head down as he gingerly began to climb the slope. Smith had to give Sahara an extra good yank to get her up there without trouble.

"Olive? Where did you go?" Sahara's voice rang out in the darkness like a bell, bouncing off the walls. Jude thought for a moment. Olive... "Was that the Zubat who was on your back during the fight?"
    "Must've got scared and flew off," Smith grunted. "Katyusha too." There was a bitterness in Smith's voice, and Jude swore he heard the Steel-type mutter obscenities under his breath as he stamped along. "Well, fuck 'em. We can manage just fine without 'em."

Jude understood the Aggron's anger; in his eyes they'd abandoned them when they needed as much help as they could get. The Zoroark felt glad that he hadn't been one of those to flee, although he'd come close more than once.

"Where exactly are we going?" he asked after a few minutes of silence apart from their feet padding against the stone.
    "A safe place. Somewhere we can rest and get patched up."
    "Ah, good. You know the way?"
    "It's a one-way route, so if we get lost I'll eat my own foot."

Jude chuckled at the joke, even though it wasn't that funny; anything to keep his spirits up in this rather gloomy cave. A safe place ... those three words eased the Zoroark's nerves instantly.

"I don't ... think I got your names, did I?
    "Sorry, lad. I'm Smith. This is Sahara."
    "Jude. It's a pleasure."

((I'm sorry that the quality falls from halfway onwards and that it kinda ends out of nowhere - I had a post 90% written and then mis-clicked and lost most of it. Nearly rage-quit, but gotta persevere! lol))
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:17 am

((OoC - Skip, Sah is just kinda getting dragged along and being anti-social lol.))
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:24 pm

Stark Mountain
    | Mid Afternoon
    Nikora 17 | George 17

"GET DOWN!" Nikora wasted no time as she squashed her body against the ground. Even behind closed eyes the flash of light was still noticeable, along with the squeaks of pained bats. "That was close ... You OK?" Standing back up she quickly shook out her fur and composed herself. "Yes, thank you." She murmured before quickly passing him by for George who was huddled against the wall. He must of smashed against it: blood was slowly bubbling from the tuft of yellow fur on his head. None too far away the Growlithe could see Smith and Sahara, not looking too good she noted, heading inward from the storm. At least they are alive. Worry welled in her heart at the sight of the Arcanine. She was not in good shape and Nikora could only fear the worst happened to her.

There was no time though. The undead threat may be gone but by the look on Smith's face they needed to move and there was a chance they could be left behind if they didn't hurry. "Come on George, the bats are all gone." She whispered the words fast but calmly. Licking his cheek in a soothing manor the she eventually cooed him into opening his blue eyes. "See? All dead." His pupils were wide and not from the dark. It would take more then that to convenience him. She shifted to make sure he could see their fat bodied in the ground. Grabbing at his black scarf Nikora forced George back to his paws. "Lets go.." She muffled through the material.

He resisted each tug. George's heart was still beating like mad and the very idea of heading back in the cave was blasphemy. But.. it seemed let he wasn't getting a choice. Eyes darting in all directions they locked on the shapes of dead Zubats on the floor. Horror poured into his veins but Nikora's grip tightened and he was forced to walk over them. Placing his paws in the clearest spots that he could the male Growlithe was trembling and fighting the urge to flee into the driving rain. I swear to Entei if there are more bats... He didn't even want to finish that thought.

With Nikora's mouth full and George in a frightful daze the two Growlithes were quiet as conversation went by. The females ears fell knowing that their companions really had vanished and her body shuddered to think they could be in the storm outside. I hope they are okay. Kayusha seemed resourceful but Olive.. Taking a deep breath Nikora dropped the scarf in her teeth. Different thoughts..[/color] Pressing close to George to keep him calm she looked to Sahara and Smith with worried eyes. "Are you two alright? What happened out there?"
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:11 pm

The Caves/Mid Afternoon
    (S: 46| J: 11)

Smith peered through the growing darkness, glad that he'd constructed the tunnel to be so easy to navigate. Strategically, its design was poor, but what they weren't aware of was all the little nooks and recesses that he'd put in along the way. Those alcoves contained supplies that he'd taken from the corpses of human adventurers who had, quite frankly, decided to take a stroll through Stark Mountain at the wrong time. He was no stranger to sending both human and Pokemon alike scurrying from his territory, but he'd never left even a scratch on any of them. No, it was the undead that had swarmed into his home without warning that had killed the poor travelers, and while Smith was no fan of messing about with dead bodies, the humans had bags and satchels that he could take. Not even knowing what was inside them, he'd slung them all into a well-hidden alcove that he was sure they were getting close to. All he needed was a couple of healing potions and a Full Heal or something for Sahara and they'd be good to go.

Considerin' no one else has found it first, Smith thought as he briefly stopped to survey the murky surroundings.

"Are you two alright? What happened out there?" Nikora asked as Smith noticed a distinct cross-shape carved into the wall, nodded, and continued onward. "We're fine," he replied. "It ain't as bad as it looks. I - we - managed to kill it in the end."

"Wow." Jude had been padding along so quietly that Smith had almost forgotten he was there. "You two must really be something, huh? Being able to take down something that size ... But, what's wrong with Sahara? Why is she--?"
    "It's just paralysis," said Smith gruffly, holding out his free hand and sliding it along the wall as he walked, the other still holding the Arcanine's scruff. "The thing had Dragonbreath. I might have somethin' that can cure it."
    "Like medicine?"
    "Maybe." Smith's fingers continued to feel the wall as he walked. It wasn't far now; he was looking for a distinctive groove in the wall that he'd carved to indicate the alcove's location. He leaned in closer to Sahara and murmured, "Not far now. How yer holdin' up?"
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:03 am

The Caves | Mid Afternoon (63) (22)

Dang that Steelix. How dare it paralyze her and leave her in this pitiful state! If they hadn't already killed it, she would've toasted it with the most rageful Flamethrower ever... or maybe not. After the past two or so days, Sah had exhausted her moves and wanted nothing more than to curl up alone and sleep for a week. Maybe she'd settle for a lonely corner and four hours. Gotta make the best of it.
    While she had no fear of darkness, she wasn't exactly thrilled at the idea of wandering around a cave. But sitting out in the rain like an imbecile is an even more absurd idea. she concluded.

"Are you two alright? What happened out there?" Nikora broke the small gap of silence. Smith was the one to reply, "We're fine," he said, "It ain't as bad as it looks. I - we - managed to kill it in the end."
    "Wow." Jude mused, "You two must really be something, huh? Being able to take down something that size ... But, what's wrong with Sahara? Why is she--?"

"It's just paralysis," Smith informed, "The thing had Dragonbreath. I might have somethin' that can cure it."
    "Like medicine?" That would be amazing. Sah wasn't doing a good job of being intimidating as she was dragged along like a stuffed plush. "Maybe." At least a 'maybe' wasn't a 'no'. Though with the pessimism that Sahara was blessed with, she expected there to be no meds to aid her. Yep, that sounded about right.

Smith moved closer and just above a whisper, "Not far now. How yer holdin' up?" Sah took a deep breath, steadying her voice that was still shaken from paralysis. She looked unseeingly to the dark wall of the cave and sighed, "Fine I suppose. At the very least, I do not believe I'll die in my sleep."
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:20 am

The Caves
    | Mid Afternoon
    Nikora 18 | George 18

"It ain't as bad as it looks. I - we - managed to kill it in the end." For some reason Nikora felt a sting from the Aggron's words. Was he angry that she and George had left them to fight that brute all alone? Her fur burns hot with guilt. I really didn't have a choice in the matter.. What a lame excuse. And you did say to run.. Or was that her imagination? She glanced at George, his blues eyes wide still though the bat threat was long dead. And he's in no condition to fight, but.. he was.. Taking a deep breathe the Growlithe knows there is nothing to be done now. The thing was dead. Dead! She could do nothing more, not that she had done anything in the first place.
    "Wow. You two must really be something, huh? Being able to take down something that size ... But, what's wrong with Sahara? Why is she--?" Jude shared her concern about the Arcanine. "It's just paralysis. The thing had Dragonbreath. I might have somethin' that can cure it." Relief flushed through her face and fur, but not as much as she would of liked. Why wasn't Sahara answering for herself? It'd been a long time since she'd been paralyzed but she can not recall if it had effected her voice at all. A worrisome thought..  

As they walk and there is a small silence between them all George finally feels his muscles relaxing though his mind refuses to do so. All he can hear is the rhythmic step of all their feet- no wing beats or clicks. Good. In a desperate attempt to change his course of thought the Growlithe watched Smith as he touched the walls. Was he looking for something? A fork in the road maybe? Pretty sure we would see or feel that, Pops. His eyes narrowed but he kept his jaws shut. Better to not start an argument in a small space with a feisty giant. The Growlithe was about to try the same thing, standing on his hind paws and touching the wall as he walked, when he felt Nikora press close against him, much to his surprise. The gesture was welcomed, and he pressed back gently, completely forgetting the crazy idea he had had moments ago.

As Sahara softly answers the Aggron Nikora can finally put her mind at ease. Even with humor she wasn't really in to the Growlithe feels renewed confidence in the Arcanine. She would be okay, given time. With her smile returning curiosity gets the better of her and the females questions return. "Smith, why did you dig this tunnel? Its amazing in itself but there must be a purpose." She paused and took a deep breathe of the still cave air. "Does it have more then one exit?"
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:27 pm

The Caves/???
    (S: 47| J: 12)

"Smith, why did you dig this tunnel?" Nikora asked as Smith continued to trudge forward, his hand still sliding across the wall. "Its amazing in itself but there must be a purpose. Does it have more then one exit?" The Aggron glanced over his shoulder at the pup. "I built it as a shortcut out of the mountain when the undead arrived," he said. "It has only one exit - the one we used t'get in here - but I built decoy tunnels at the junctions as well, that go on for at least a couple o' miles and lead to dead ends."
    "Which would give you plenty of time to travel a good distance before your pursuers realised they'd gone the wrong way," Jude pointed out. "That's a good idea."
    "Aye. Trouble is, I'm not that hard t'miss, am I?" Smith said with a chuckle. "Would be difficult t'lose track of me. Still," he shrugged, "yer never know - could help us out later on."
    "Yes." Jude hoped that they wouldn't have to rely on the decoy tunnels at all, but didn't say anything. He trusted Smith to know where the correct ones were, and so resumed quietly padding behind.

"Ah, here we go." Smith suddenly stopped after several minutes of silence, his fingers tracing something on the wall. "It's just up ahead." He resumed his trudging, and after about a minute he stopped again. "Lettin' go for a minute; sit down or somethin'," he muttered to Sahara as he released his grip on her scuff and gripped something wide on the wall with two hands.

Squinting through the darkness, Jude saw that it was a slab of stone. He watched as Smith heaved it aside with effort, grunting as the large rock slid aside to reveal a small alcove. On the ground within were two bloodstained rucksacks.

"Right." Smith caught his breath and picked up the larger of the two rucksacks. "I found these on a couple o' human corpses, not long after all this happened," he said. "There's stuff in 'em, but I haven't a clue what any of it is."
    "Let me see." Jude crept up to the smaller rucksack, his fingers carefully avoiding the bloodstains as he opened it and peeked inside. He could've just opened a bag of Big Nuggets - the bag was full of medicinal items. "This is a Super Potion," he said, taking out an orange bottle and handing it to Smith. "It heals wounds."
    Smith looked down at the Zoroark as he rummaged, nodding in admiration as he took the medicine. "Good, good ... what else?"
    "Hmm..." Jude knew what he was looking for, but wasn't sure if the bottle was yellow or pink. He pulled out one of each, and presented them to Smith. "One of them heals paralysis, but I can't remember which..."
    "Doesn't matter - we'll take the whole bag," Smith said, reaching down and picking up the small rucksack as well, holding them both by the straps in one huge hand. "Just a little bit further and there's a rest stop - we can patch ourselves up there." He resumed his grip on Sahara and carried on down the path. "Come on, now!"
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:01 am

The Caves | ??? (64) (23)

Sahara was lost in a world of her own silent muses as the others carried on a conversation. Something about the tunnel and dead ends and Smith being a behemoth. Just miscellaneous things Sah didn't really care about, so her mind wondered about other things. Nothing important or life-changing. Just stuff.

As silence filled the air, she found herself thinking about the weather. Yes, there was an important topic... She pushed it out of her mind, eyes watching into the darkness for some reason, feeling like she had been dragged forever. God, where was that alcove? Sahara's neck was killing her from being pulled so much.
    "Lettin' go for a minute; sit down or somethin'," Smith released her and she immediately fell to her haunches, holding herself up with wobbly front legs.

Sah shook her mane out and rain from deep inside her fur spattered on the cave floor. She had trouble seeing in the dark, but her ears told her a huge stone was being moved, and there were some goodies to be found. "This is a Super Potion," Jude picked up an orange bottle, "It heals wounds."
    Smith was passed the bottle, "Good, good ... what else?"

"Hmm... One of them heals paralysis, but I can't remember which..." Oh heck yeah! Sahara immediately perked up following Jude's voice. You never realize how much you value your legs until they stop working. "Just a little bit further and there's a rest stop - we can patch ourselves up there." Smith placed a hand back on Sahara's neck and they continued moving one more.  "Come on, now!"
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:59 pm

The Caves
    | ???
    Nikora 19 | George 19

"I built it as a shortcut out of the mountain when the undead arrived," That made sense, kind of. "It has only one exit - the one we used t'get in here - but I built decoy tunnels at the junctions as well, that go on for at least a couple o' miles and lead to dead ends. And that didn't. The female Growlithe's expressed changed to that of confusion. So if we want to get out of here we have to go back the way we came.. What if something is waiting out there? Jude added, "Which would give you plenty of time to travel a good distance before your pursuers realized they'd gone the wrong way. That's a good idea." "But then they would still be in the tunnels and you could bump into them later." Maybe she was just being uncomfortable because she didn't know these caverns like she did her old one. "yer never know - could help us out later on." The tight space would make it hard for them all to fight in having larger Pokemon but Smith was wise to make off shoots. Stop doubting him!

"Ah, here we go. It's just up ahead." George narrowed his eyes- he saw nothing different about that part of the wall but Smith obviously did. He sighed softly to himself, finally feeling his entire body relax after the spooking. Whatever you say, Pops. But then it moved with a mighty shove, causing the male Growlithe to jump back a step in surprise. "Way to go." He chimes though its mostly to himself. "I found these on a couple o' human corpses, not long after all this happened. There's stuff in 'em, but I haven't a clue what any of it is." "Let me see."
    George sat and watched as Jude investigated a sack while Nikora stood with wide eyes. Neither of them had really had too much human contact so to know what their little inventions did was incredible. "This is a Super Potion. It heals wounds." "One of them heals paralysis, but I can't remember which..." "Wow.." Nikora breathed the word quietly.

"Just a little bit further and there's a rest stop - we can patch ourselves up there." A rest area? Though she doubted it would be any brighter Nikora's body ached with the idea of rest. She was already tried from running from the fire, and the wipe from the lose of adrenaline after the fights. "Come on, now!" Her tail wagged. He didn't have to tell her twice! Picking up her pace the female Growlithe moved to the front of the group, forcing herself not to run ahead into the darkness.
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:27 pm

((OoC - I tried to wait for Nightfall to leave SH, but I have a warning, so skip. D:))
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:37 am

The Caves
    | ???
    Nikora 20 | George 20

Nikora bound forward, excitement filling her steps as she longed to see something other then dim darkness. Though she doubted this new area would be any brighter a chance to get off her paws in a designated relaxing zone was very comforting. "What are we waiting for?" She cooed with obvious joy in her voice. The Growlithe ran, straying too far ahead of the others as she pressed forward. She didn't care what it looked like as ling as she got to go there. "Babe come back," George called to her endearingly but did not get a response. "Nikora, you shouldn't run ahead in here." He barks more sternly with smothered concern in his voice.

Nikora stopped and forced herself to wait for the others to reappear, playfulness shining in her pale brown eyes as they came into view. She looked to George, expecting much of the same but he did not seem to of enjoyed her rouse. Suddenly feeling as though all eyes had turned toward her with shame the female Growlithe fell back, padding at Georges heels with her head and ears a bit lower then before.
    George tried to keep his gaze off her. It was a mix of concern and disappointment but he refused to let it soften by looking at her. His wispy tail brushed against her shoulder softly but Nikora only moved away from him and closer to the wall. He pouts. Taking a deep breath of an inward sigh the male tries to change the subject, or at least his thoughts, "A rest area in a cave, how is it any different from any other place in here?" He wasn't much in the mood to accept another Pokemons ideals.
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:01 pm

The Caves/???
    (S: 48| J: 13)

Smith started as Nikora ran ahead, opening his mouth to stop her. Her companion was already there, however, and thankfully the female listened and stopped where she was. "Nikora, you shouldn't run ahead in here."
    "He's right, lass," the Aggron said gruffly as he caught up. "We don't know what's ahead. Stick together."

Jude padded silently along, staring at the wall as he passed it. Although the caves were dark, the walls and floor were slightly bathed in silver light, highlighting the curves, dents and claw marks. The fact that he could still make out such details calmed Jude's nerves somewhat. There's still light somewhere.

But as he walked, he became aware that his thick fur was getting damp. Reaching a fore-paw up to his forehead, he realised that he was sweating. Surely enough, he sniffed the air and immediately noticed that it was getting less and less humid, and the temperature was starting to rise with each step.

The Zoroark glanced upwards at Smith. The Aggron hadn't shown any signs of even noticing the temperature change. "Is it me, or ... is it getting hotter in here?"
    "Aye. We're getting closer to the lava pits."
    "The what?!" Jude thought that he preferred the storm outside. "There's lava in here?!"
    "It's a volcano, lad! What did yer expect, waterfalls?"
    "Oh..." Feeling incredibly stupid, Jude let himself sink behind the others. "I didn't know that."
    "Well, it is," said Smith, giving Sahara a tug as the path suddenly sloped upwards again. "Hasn't erupted for a long while, though."
    "So how close will we get to this ... lava?" Jude asked cautiously. If it was about to get any hotter, he wasn't sure if he could cope with his thick hide.
    "Close enough for some warmth and light," Smith replied as he hauled the Arcanine to the top of the slope. "Don't worry - not close enough t'burn yer fur off."

Jude felt as though he'd lost most of his fur already. He was soaked with sweat, and panted with exertion. Smith seemed to notice and added, "Where we're goin' is another alcove, only bigger. The pits are behind a wall that has several holes in it, and provide comfortable heat as well as light from the outside."
    "Oh ... like windows?"
    "Aye. Here we are."

"Oh!" Jude was surprised that Smith had found it so suddenly. The Aggron stopped beside another stone slab, this time on the right-hand side of the wall. He pushed it aside like before, and ushered them all inside the 'room'. It was a comfortable size, large enough to fit them all inside, and circular in shape. The walls curved upwards towards the roughly Aggron-height ceiling. All around the edges of the room were several long, thin, horizontal holes, and Jude was happy to see that they were letting in soft light from outside. A blast of pleasantly cool air greeted him as he walked in; Jude realised that the storm was still howling outside and that some of the wind was getting in, but not enough to make it cold.

"Make yerselves at home," Smith said once they were all inside. Another slab of stone rested against the wall; he pushed it closed. "Sahara, lie down."

While the Steel-type set down the rucksacks, Jude wandered over to one of the 'windows' and peeked out of it. Surely enough, a massive pool of bubbling lava sat before him, surrounded by thick ash and dead trees. The area was clearly a little more sheltered than the open fields of ash that they'd been in before, but by the way the lava was hissing and giving off a strange-smelling smoke indicated that at least some of the raindrops were getting in, instantly evaporated to nothingness before they'd even reached the lava's seering heat.

"Hey, Jude! Yer gonna help me?"
    "Oh, of course!" Jude returned to Smith's side as the Aggron got out the two bottles of medicine that Jude had picked out earlier.
    "Know which one it is yet?"
    Jude racked his brains until something clicked about the yellow one. "It's this one," he said, pointing to it. "It's a Paralysis Heal."

Smith picked up the bottle, which looked comically small in his huge hand, and pointed the nozzle at the Arcanine. "Where does it hurt most?" he asked her.

((Phew, long post. Hope everyone's OK with the current location and that it ... makes sense. XD))
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:08 am

The Caves | ??? (65) (24)

Sahara envied her. That female Growlithe.

It seemed so long ago that Sah was a happy-go-lucky Growlithe herself, playfully enjoying her life and loving her master dearly. If asked, Sahara would instantly proclaim she loved no one anymore.
    But yet, she hoped for some reason she did not understand, that this group would remain together.
    She felt her blood run cold as she contemplated why she could've possibly come to like these Pokémon. No. No one is to be trusted. Sahara determined.  I thought I could trust Toby's family, and look where that got me.

"A rest area in a cave, how is it any different from any other place in here?" George seemed skeptical. Sahara scoffed, "Perhaps you would prefer standing out in the rain?"
    The temperature grew hotter as they marched onward, the Arcanine growing more comfortable in the warmth even as Jude complained of the heat. Darn sure beat the raging storm outside! Besides, had Sahara chosen to stay out there, she more than likely would've been struck by lightning. Her luck just sucked like that.

"Aye. Here we are." Smith announced. Sahara looked up from the ground and peered inside the circular room-type alcove. It was an interesting sight, the horizontal windows allowing some light to trickle in. Hopefully those windows being there didn't weaken the cave's structure. It would suck to get caught in a cave collapse... "Sahara, lie down." Smith instructed. Any other time, the Arcanine would've responded with a 'make me', but she knew it was in her best interest, so she did as she was told. She flattened her body over her paws, then shifted slightly so that her uninjured side was rested on the cave floor. She laid her head down and listened to the sizzle of rain meeting the heat of the lava.

Peeking one eye open, she looked over the group in the soft light of the room. Her eyes fell onto Smith as he held the Paralysis Heal and asked, "Where does it hurt most?"
    What part of her didn't hurt? From her aching paws, to her sore throat, to her tired sapphire eyes. "Err... my side." she responded, "Where that darn Gaear wounded me." She rose her eyes up for just a moment to look at her side. Dried, watered down and fresh blood stained all over around the wound and the ivory of her ribs was visible when she shifted right. Adrenaline had overtaken the pain she felt from the wound, but as it faded, she found herself in increasing agony. But she wouldn't admit it. She'd never admit to being weak.

((OoC - Permission to operate on Sahara granted lol.))
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:02 pm

The Caves
    | ???
    Nikora 21 | George 21

"Perhaps you would prefer standing out in the rain?" Sahara had a point and the male Growlithe could only answer her with a suppressed laugh. George found his breath becoming.. deeper, as they walked. The air felt different, it felt more like home in a way he couldn't lay his paw on. This is nothing like the cave we lived in for so long.. Its nice.. The others seemed to of noticed it as well, "Is it me, or ... is it getting hotter in here?" "Aye. We're getting closer to the lava pits." Of course! How could he ever forget the tantalizing tingle of lava? As he breathed the light taste of ash and smoke touched his tongue, unpleasant to most Pokemon it was almost sweet to him. "Isn't it nostalgic?" He gently whispers to Nikora, but another speaks before she has a chance to reply. "Aye. Here we are."

Instead, the female gasps in awe as the rest area is revealed to them. I wasn't expecting this! "Make yerselves at home. Honestly, it felt a lot like home, though they didn't stay in the caves too much during the day. Taking the full opportunity the pups nestled close to the wall, their pelts brushing together as tried to relax. Sahara, lie down." Nikora let her attention be drawn to the other Pokemon, watching with wide brown eyes as they messed around with the human medicines. "Err... my side. Where that darn Gaear wounded me."

"Gaear?" George asks dumbly, never having heard the word or name before. His mate, however, seems less interested in the name dropping and more into the actions being taken on their Arcanine friend. "How do you know so much about those things?" She questions Jude, curiosity filling her voice. One paw brushes the scarf around her neck. Maybe Jude could tell her what that was too.

((Oh god, I cant judge the size of my post anymore > <))
    Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Duma Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:32 pm

|The Caves|???|
    |67|1|
    Crescent's Post Count Carried From [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    |Azura's Current Illusion: Uninfected Mightyena|
    "For the record, I blame you."
    The Zorua's voice was eminent with irritation as she ran alongside the Absol at her side, her illusion unwavering as she ran, the projected Mightyena running with a snarl as it occasionally looked behind them for their pursuers. The Absol beside her sighed with mock defeat. "And who's bright idea was it in the first place to go poke the sleeping undead Ursaring?"

"Shut up." Azura shot back, before looking back to see the undead bear only a few meters back. "Uh, Crescent? Cranky's right behind us!" She said, speeding up as she ran, before quickly taking a sharp right turn. "Where are you going?!" Crescent said as she ran after Azura.

"Losing it!" She shot back, and Crescent sighed. "In more ways than one." She muttered, racing up so that she was level with the zorua. Finally she looked behind them and saw the Ursaring way behind them, looking around with both confusion and rage. "Okay, I think we lost it." She said, slowing down.

Azura breathed a sigh of relief and slowed down as well, her violet eyes looking for anywhere they could hide. There was a cave nearby where it looked like it had been recently used. Curious, Azura walked up to it, sniffing it cautiously. She perked up when she smelt the scents of multiple living pokemon. Without a second thought, she dashed in, with Crescent hurrying behind. "Dammit Azura, you're going to get us all killed one day." She muttered as she followed her friend, but she had the biggest smile on her face - life was never dull with the sparky zorua around.
    Alhoon
    Alhoon
    Rebellion
    Rebellion

Post by Alhoon Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:35 pm

The Harbinger, Alhoon
    The Caves, Tenebras Tempora Currunt
    Post 1 (Post 2 if [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] counts to my total)

The air shuddered, as if suffering from some great strain. It bulged, twisted. Crimson light pulsed, once, twice. The screaming sound of tortured aether permeated the air, and from the center of the hellish distortion, the Harbinger arrived. Fresh blood and flesh clung to his face. His hands were stained, as if wearing gloves of crimson, the remnants of his recent feeding on the Legend. The prehensile limbs on his face quested out, testing the air, feeling the raging heat, the preternatural dryness, the pressure of tons of rock above him, and the turbulence from the molten stone below. His eyes closed, his mind probing out into the new area, prodding, feeling out nearby life. Shapeshifters... no, Illusionists, two of them. A pair of pups, both wrapped in the comfort brought by the heat. An Arcanine... Injured. And finally a steel Behemoth, and an Absol. None such that could pose him a threat, and...  they were drawing closer, into the cavern where his teleport had dropped him. He smiled, rotting eyes curling upwards, and threw himself into the Not-Here once more.

Again the air shimmered and pulsed, and so too did the ethereal light pulse forward as the inbetween spilled him forward with a whip crack of displaced atmosphere. Alhoon rose to his full height, and glanced around the room. He took in the windows, the hissing of water on Lava, the scent of brimstone, the haze of steam and smog in the air. The Harbinger threw up a barrier of transparent energy, and turrned, making pointed eye contact with the food surrounding him...

"Wi͜ll ̡yo͡u ̢s̶a͘y̢ my ͝n̨a͝m̨e..͞.?"
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:59 pm

The Caves/???
    (S: 49| J: 14)

"Err... my side. Where that darn Gaear wounded me." Smith nodded and pointed the nozzle at the wound, but was quickly stopped by Jude, who was rumaging in the rucksack again. "Here," he said, pulling out a pink bottle. "Use this too; it'll help heal the wound."
    "Thanks lad, just put it there." Smith gestured to the floor, and Jude put the bottle down. The Aggron smiled. "Good job yer here, ain't it?"
    "Heh..." That was all Jude could manage - the Illusion Fox beamed with pride.

"Gaear?"
    "Not now," Smith replied firmly as he gently move Sahara's fur to the side so he could clearly see the wound. If he started on Gaear and all the shit that went down earlier, he wasn't sure if he could keep his temper - he'd end up killing the Arcanine instead of healing her.

"How do you know so much about those things?" Jude sat on his haunches and turned to Nikora as she curiously questioned him.
    "Well," he awkwardly began, scratching the back of his neck. "I used to do a bit of battling myself, in my spare time. I wasn't very good at it, so the humans had to heal me a lot - that's why I know what each of them do, hehe..." Aware that the attention was on him, Jude turned away and gazed at a particularly interesting rock by the wall. He could hear the low hiss of the sprays as Smith applied the medicine to Sahara's wounds.

For a few minutes, the group sat in silence, appreciating the rest as Smith finished treating Sahara. "That should do it," he said, dropping both empty bottles to the floor. "Stay still for a bit though, let it-- hold on." He suddenly stopped dead.
    "Smith?" Jude cocked his head, his pelt shivering as the room's air sort of ... wavered? It was as though all the lights and shadows were suddenly suspended in water. There was a noise, like the crack of a whip, and in a flash an Alakazam appeared at the back of the room.

Jude didn't move until he actually got a good look at the thing. He scrambled backwards, whimpering like a lost puppy, coming into contact with something cold and muscular, which turned out to be Smith's leg.

"What's wrong with yer, lad?" the Aggron scolded, eyeing the creature in front of them. Sure, it was creepy as fuck, but these things were fragile as a frigging snowflake - a quick Stone Edge to the gut was more than enough to break every bone in its body.

"Yer lost?" Smith laughed, deciding that this thing was worthy of a good piss-take before it died. A single jagged stone appeared in front of Smith - just one was all it would take - and he hurled it at the abomination. All the Aggron could think about was the mess he'd have to clean up afterwards.
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:02 am

The Caves | ??? (66) (1)

"Gaear?" George wondered and Sahara's pelt grew tense following the question. They should've kept up the conversation regarding medicine rather that touching upon the sensitive subject of the late enemy. Sahara could've kicked herself for saying his name. Smith was liable to rip her heart out and stomp on it as he was reminded the earlier events. And she was completely helpless at the moment. Not that she was scared, no, it would just be inconvenient to die like that right now. Or anytime, really.

"Not now," Smith moved some of Sah's fur aside. Her body twitched uncomfortably at the touch. As the conversation actually did return to medications and the like, she half-listened to Jude as he spoke of his time battling. She let a sigh out of her nose, only keeping her eyes open a slit. It was getting so hard to stay awake. Not even the stinging sensation washing over her wound was enough to keep her alert as her eyes finally slid shut and she drew in a labored breath.

"That should do it," Smith finished treating her and let the bottles fall to the cave floor, "Stay still for a bit though, let it-- hold on." Sahara wondered what was with the sudden pause, lifting her head up only slightly to look at the Aggron. "Smith?" Jude asked. The Arcanine sensed an odd distortion on the air. What was happening? The feeling greatly unnerved her, and she began to her feet. It was much easier to move this time and she found her stance quickly.

Four paws gripped the floor as Sahara scented death and her eyes found what was quite possibly the eeriest thing she had seen since the epidemic had began.

"Yer lost?" Smith got a laugh out of it. Sahara on the other hand, deemed this to be a product straight from her chronic bad dreams. Just. Freakin'. Creepy. "What the heck is that?" she barked to no one in particular. In front of the Aggron appeared a single stone and it was sent flying towards the monster.

But the freakish demon disappeared.

"Perhaps I am going insane. Would someone care to explain what just happened?" Sahara muttered, wondering if she was asleep and she was just having a very lucid, very strange dream. She looked to the group for an answer, claws digging into the floor feeling too real to be a dream.

Her lips pulled back into a snarl with azure eyes staring down the demon as he made his reappearance. Sahara found herself at a loss for words to say, but she didn't need them as she built a Flamethrower in her maw and shot it straight towards what seemed to be their newest enemy.

((OoC - Uh, I was a little confused with this, so if I messed up, let me know lol. Also, reset my Post-Purge to one so I can try again for Ace.))
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:07 pm

The Caves [Rest Area]
    | ???
    Nikora 22 | George 22

"Not now," Was Smith's only reply to his question and George knew it to be a 'not ever' kind of response. Whatever had happened earlier someone is sure salty about it. Sighing to myself the male shrugs and rests his head gently on his paws. Not a concern though. It probably wasn't important anyway.
    "I used to do a bit of battling myself, in my spare time. I wasn't very good at it, so the humans had to heal me a lot - that's why I know what each of them do, hehe..." Nikora absorbed his words like a sponge. Humans. The Clan had always taught her that humans were bad. They took prey, territory, and captured their clan mates and forced them to fight. "They.. made you fight, and healed you?" The thought ends up as a whisper to herself. The Elders never mentioned anything about healing.. about humans being kind.

A strange feeling drew Nikora away from her thoughts. Something was.. off. She blinked, looking around and finding her eyes met with horror as an undead appeared before them. There was something usual about it. Maybe it was the way it appeared, or just stood there.. watching. "Yer lost?" Or avoided Smith's attack like it was a joke. The Growlithes blood turned to ice. Not even a whine could escape as fear silenced her. Pressing closer to Georges side she could feel the tension in his muscles. Glancing over for a moment her heart sinks to see he hasn't moved aside from his gaze. Was he not worried? The male makes a small gesture with his mouth. 'Be alert. Im here.' It said.

Terror builds in the female Growlithe. This thing wasn't a normal undead. It has a name and.. can speak.. It can think. She can't run or speak, body frozen on the spot. It wasn't even attacking them yet it was the most horrifying thing she had ever been exposed to. It was just watching them. Trembling in fear Nikora's pale brown eyes go wide, unable to be torn away from the haunting Pokemon.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 6:42 am