Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+5
Snitch
renegade
Abysswalker
Min
Silverishness
9 posters

(ACE) The PYRITE Team

Anonymous

(ACE) The PYRITE Team  - Page 8 Empty Re: (ACE) The PYRITE Team

Post by Guest Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:21 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Pyrite Town|Night (6)

Douglas was exhausted. So much had happened in so little time, and it was too much for the Shuppet. He felt himself being picked up. As much as he wanted to see who it was, he was just too tired to open his eyes. He could also hear very faint voices. He couldn't tell what exactly they were saying, but they didn't seem that happy for the ghost as he was set down.

Weakly, Doug opened his eyes. He looked around the room to see who was there. The human he saw earlier was there. There also seemed to be a strange colored Ninetales and a strange colored Absol. There was also a Vibrava and a Skarmory, both normal colored. Almost all of them looked at him strangely. He felt a little uncomfortable, just entering their territory. "Wh-Where am I?" He asked in something that was close to a whisper, but was still audible enough for everyone to hear.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:24 pm

Pyrite Town|Late Night
    P(36)/D(6)

Pheonix wasn't sure what to do about the ghost, but she did as Dean said and got him the healing items. She was angry that there was a creature in her den that she didn't invite and it was showing in the way her fur bristled, tails twisting and writhing like serpents with her anger. Plopping down next to Kylie she settled for glaring at the ghost from afar as Dean doted over it. "Oh, I have a question...What are the plans for tomorrow? It would be a good idea to plan a schedule out so we're not running around everywhere." Phoenix just shrugged.

"Same thing I do every day. Wake up, kill something, do a little raiding, then look for-" she paused quickly, clamming up as she looked around. Kylie was the only one she had told about Nikki and she wasn't sure she trusted the others to not think less of her for being soft about her kid. They had only known her to be strong, independant, maybe a little hot-headed. If they knew she had a soft side...what if they exploited it? Phoenix just sighed, ears flattening to her head as she lay down. "Never mind. We'll figure it out in the morning."

Dean had been a little taken aback by the strange way Phoenix guarded against the small ghost, but he wasn't going to let her do anything to him. She turned away when he gave her his scolding look and she brought him a box of healing items. Quickly digging through them he pulled out a couple of potions when he heard the Shuppet stirring. "Wh-Where am I?" Phoenix huffed and went to go lay down by Kylie so that left Dean to help out the injured Pokemon. "Well hey there little guy, how are you feeling? Don't worry, you're safe here." The blonde offered the Shuppet a brilliant smile and held up one of the potions. "You want some help healing from your fight?"

He could hear some of what Phoenix had been talking about with her friends and was a little confused when she suddenly got very quiet. "Princess, are you alright?" he called out. He got no response. A sad look crossed over his face as he recognized the signs of stress in his beloved Pokemon. Without realizing it Dean began to hum softly, a tune he used to sing to all of his hatchlings when they were upset or couldn't sleep. It was a soothing melody that helped to calm them and it seemed his subconscious mind was trying to get everyone to relax.

((OOC: Because it is stuck in my head, he is humming Mercedes' Lullaby from Pan's Labyrinth. lol))
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:38 am

Post 37

Pyrite Town| Night

Asche let out a relieved sigh as Kylie came to him, placing herself in the little cove he'd provided for her. Having her nearby would help settle his nerves and help hold his bitter tongue from the human. He normally wouldn't care -even if the human could actually understand- but since he was Phoenix's human, it would be a better idea to keep his big mouth shut. After all, anything to upset him would probably upset her, and after today, that was the last thing he wanted. The little dragon turned her head up to him, catching his attention.

"You will still help me, right? I mean, to evolve, that is," she asked, earning a soft smile from the absol.

"I sure will, Kylie," Asche replied quietly, not wanting to let his voice's normal obnoxious volume attract unwanted attention. "I said I would, didn't I?" His smile turned into a smirk, and he playfully nudged her side. "Promise is a promise."

Another conversation was being had, though, and after responding to the little dragon beside him, he listened in on it. Something about what Phoenix did every day. Tilting his head slightly, the slight look of stress on her face concerned him, but he dismissed it for the events of the day. Surely, that was what was bugging her. For a girl that didn't really cherish company, she sure had a lot of it. Laying his head down, he closed his eyes only to snap them back open again when the human began humming to himself. Lip curling slightly, Asche kept his eye on the other for a moment before opening his own mouth.

"...You should stop." His voice was steeped in venom and threat, but the words themselves were courteous enough. "You'll attract the dead." His stare was hard, as if he were keeping an eye on the enemy itself.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:56 pm

Pyrite Town| |Night

"Same thing I do every day. Wake up, kill something, do a little raiding, then look for-" Suddenly Phoe had stopped, telling the others to nevermind and that they'll figure something out in the morning. Rukh nodded. "Alright, then," stretching one of his wings, he watched as the Shuppet regained his consciousness. The human reassured the ghost that it was safe, and soon began to hum a tune.

"...You should stop. You'll attract the dead." The Skarmory turned his head to the Absol, before thinking the statement through. The dark-type did have a point, but the humming was soft and quiet, only those close to the den would hear. Unsure of what to say, the steel bird shrugged and yawned, nestling in his makeshift bed. "I'll just... Retire for the night." and with that, Rukh fell asleep.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:35 pm

Pyrite Town|Night (7)

"Well hey there little guy, how are you feeling? Don't worry, you're safe here. You want some help healing from your fight?" The human said holding up a potion. Doug could really use something like that, but there was something a bit off about what the human said. He told him not to worry and that he's safe here. "If I'm safe here, then why is everyone looking at me like I have three heads?" He thought to himself.

Everyone seemed to be going to sleep from the looks of it. Doug's face had a slight sadness to it as he slowly floated up and looked out the entrance. The Shuppet hovered in the doorway and looked out. "I'll take the first watch." He said, his voice emotionless, "It's alright. I don't sleep, anyway." Doug didn't sleep for two reasons. One; his ability is Insomnia. And two; he was traumatized by being a witness to the deaths of his parents. Besides, his definition of rest was to just take it easy for now.

Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:01 pm

((Skip, Asche is moping lol))

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:57 pm

[OOC: Skip, Rukh's sleeping. ^^;;]
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:02 pm

Pyrite Town|Night (8)

Doug kept an eye out for anything that was coming to the shelter. He heard a voice from behind him. "Thanks. The name is Kylie, by the way." The Shuppet looked back a little bit and let out a soft smile. Kylie seemed nice, or maybe it had to do with the fact that she was just tired. Either way, he responded. "Nice to meet you. I'm Doug." He said it in a voice that was quiet enough to not wake everyone up, but loud enough for her to hear.

Doug turned around and let out a sigh. He missed his mom, dad, and Robert too. Even though he was part of a group, he didn't get the impression that he was welcome here. "I don't want to be alone again..." He thought to himself as he looked at the sky, "But if they really don't want me here, then I guess I could leave. Let's just wait for morning in the meantime..." It felt strange not being welcome.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:36 pm

Pyrite Town|Late Night
    P(37)/D(7)

Dean was a little taken aback by the harsh tone of the Absol, demanding he stop making noise. The young male hadn't even realized he had been humming, the sound a completely natural thing to the breeder as it was his way of soothing the young hatchlings when they were upset. It had always comforted his Pokemon...but Asche wasn't one of his. Though he would love to breed that unique coloring into one of his lineage Absol's, Asche had been raised in who knew what kind of life. The poor boy probably didn't even like humans much less trust them. Humans tended to be a bit, well, harsh with Absol. Not that the poor creatures ever deserved it.

Instead he just nodded his head and turned his eyes downward, not really up to meeting the harsh creature's eyes. Even in the face of the Epidemic, despite Cipher almost killing him, Dean was still very sensitive. His posture fell as he sat, slowly starting to hunch over as he brought his knees to his chest and wrapped his arms around them. The young man lay his head down upon them and kept his eyes turned towards the window, mind beginning to wander back to the days before his life went to hell.

It was safe to say Dean missed his old life. His partner and lover, his ranch, his Pokemon...all of it was stolen from him. Even his own life was almost ripped away by a single bullet. Subconsciously Dean's fingers traced down his shirt right over the scar where the bullet had nearly pierced his heart, and this caused Phoenix to perk up. Watching her trainer so morosely fidget was unusual for her because she was more familiar with his bright and shining smile. Silently glaring at Asche for causing Dean's behavior the Ninetales let out a small whimper for Dean to come closer to her. Ruhk had decided he wanted to sleep and the ghost offered to take watch. Phoenix was actually pretty happy with that because that would mean he wasn't just going to be a mooch. She had Kylie curled up to her and didn't want to disturb the girl, so all she could do was call for Dean softly.

Dean head turned over, moving away from the window to gaze towards Phoenix, and Dean gave her a sad smile. She knew that he was upset but he didn't want her thinking it was her fault. He got up slowly, clothing brushing softly against the stone floor and creating a rustling sound, and walked towards his beloved Ninetales. She had done so well to stay alive this whole time but as he sat down on her large pile of pillows behind her a thought occurred...she and Erebos were inseparable. So if she was here..."Phoenix dear, what happened to Erebos?" The look that came over her pretty form nearly ripped his heart open. She looked utterly crushed that he even brought up the Houndoom he had chosen as her stud, and at once he regretted ever even asking.

"He...he was..." Phoenix could barely get her words out, the loss of her mate crushing at her now that she was with Dean. Before, when she was alone, it was easier to force herself to not think about her mate, but looking at Dean and remembering how happy they had been before all of this, it was almost too much for her. "Nuri...she killed him." Dean's eyes widened in disbelief. "Nuri?! But how? Why?" He hadn't even realized his Arcanine had escaped with the duo, convinced that she had been locked away with the rest of his Pokemon. "We chased Cipher here, followed the truck that took Nikki all the way to Pyrite before we lost them. Erebos and I saw that Cipher hung around here a lot so we stuck around, and with Nuri we wound up forming a gang of other homeless Pokemon. We sort of ran things here, and it helped us get a lot of info on Cipher. But then things got quiet, really quiet, Cipher all but dropped off the map. Then the infected started coming in...and Nuri turned..."

She didn't need to say anymore, Dean understood completely. Wrapping his arms around Phoenix's neck he shushed her quietly, feeling her beginning to sob. "Cheer up baby girl," he whispered. "I have something that may help." Reaching behind him he pulled out two Luxury Balls and held them up. "I found two of our friends on my own journey to find Cipher. Why don't we let them come on out?" Phoenix's ears perked up at the sight of the specially crafted Pokeballs and looked up at Dean expectantly. All of Dean's Pokemon got Luxury Balls, herself included, it was sort of his trademark. Tossing the balls towards the empty center of the room they quickly found themselves in the presence of a striking Zebstrika and a small, lovely Vuclarona. "Storm and Cira..."

Phoenix was thrilled to see them. Cira was a wise female and it was her son Kegan who had practically helped her and Erebos raise Nikki, and Storm was just awesome. He had an attitude to match her own and it always proved for an entertaining match whenever they fought. The pair came to rest beside Phoenix and Dean, Storm taking care to not step on the small bug curled near the Ninetales, and the group quickly began catching up. It was several hours before they all finally fell asleep and Phoenix couldn't remember being this happy in a long time.

((Next turn Cira and Storm go back in their balls and it will be morning. Everyone get some sleep! lol))
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:40 am

Post 38

Pyrite Town| Night

It would taste a lie to say that Asche wasn't hurt by Kylie's shift, nor in the happy reunion Phoenix got to partake in with her human and other teammates. His heart yearned for Jake, his kadabra, but knew that he was likely to never see him again... The only person he'd truly cared for and he was gone, ripped away by more humans for one reason or another. His eyes fell from the sight, unable to keep looking. Once more, he was set apart, away from the warmth of a genuine group. While he thought his own hostility toward Dean would be his own business, it seemed not. He was silently condemned by both Kylie and Phoenix, which hurt all the more. He figured Phoenix would stand by her human but Kylie? Ouch...

Curling himself more into a ball in the corner, he just wanted to make sure no one saw the wounds he now suffered. He'd forgotten his niche, his place after all the comraderie and hardship. 'I guess it's good to know where I stand.' Taking in a steadying breath, knowing that he'd likely never experience what Phoenix had, he closed his eyes and tried for elusive sleep.

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:53 pm

((OOC: Herp derp, still snoozing. |D Skip!))
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:55 am

(Skip. Everyone's asleep.)
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:03 pm

Pyrite Town|Sunrise
    P(38)/D(8)

As the morning light filtered in through one of the small windows on the opposite wall it began creeping ever slowly over Dean's body until it lit his face. The human twitched and his eyes fluttered open, one hand raising up to block his sensitive eyes from the harsh rays of sunlight. One arm was wrapped firmly around his lovely Phoenix while Cira lay behind him keeping him pleasantly warm with her Flame Body. Storm was settled comfortably on the floor at his feet, so Dean felt bad when his slow rise disturbed their sleep and he saw the others waking up. “Sorry guys,” he whispered, stroking Sorm's mane and reaching up to cuddle into Cira's endless fuzz.

He loved his Pokemon.

Phoenix let out a wide yawn and started stretching, being careful not to disturb Kylie lest the child was still asleep. She looked around and checked on everyone before going up to her friends and offering them a fond good morning, sighing sadly as Dean summoned them back to their Luxury Balls. “Alright girl, let's say we get something to eat while waiting for everyone to get up?” Phoenix nodded and went over to the small corner she kept most of her stuff and pulled out a small bag. “I have a bunch of stuff in here, but for meat we have to go outside.” The happy blonde patted her head and pulled the bag into his lap, digging around until he pulled out a few options for food. “Now all we have to do is wait for everyone else to wake up.”

((OOC: I'm going to wait for everyone to wake up and then Dean will pass out breakfast and bring up moving the team out of Pyrite town))
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:56 am

Post 39

Pyrite Town| Sunrise

It would taste a lie to say that Asche got a god night's sleep. Too soon did the early morning beams of sun hit him, waking him almost instantly. Not ready to face the day, he simply curled more into himself, barely occupying the corner he'd staked for his own. The strange absol tried drifting back to sleep only to have voices ensure that he keep up.

Dean and Phoe were chitting to each other, going on about breakfast. While food did actually sound appealing, anything with the human involved bedded his growing appetite back down. He opened a golden orb to look at the two, unsure of how to go about getting up. Should he stay as he was? Should he feign sleep? Should he get up and help? He spotted the human pulling stuff out of a bag... that was probably breakfast right there.

Groaning lightly to himself, he simply readjusted his tight curl to face into the corner and not into the sun or the happy couple. Unwilling to tolerate such happiness in the presence of Dean, Asche just wanted to go back to sleep. 'It's too early for this shit...'

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:35 pm

Pyrite Town| |Sunrise

Rukh was never quite the early bird that most others though he was. The beams of sunrise tingled his worn steel casing as the retired battler groaned in mild annoyance. "What a pain..." he mutters, shifting about in his makeshift nest of plates and cogs. The soft screeching of his bed as he moved didn't irritate him as much as the sun did, surprisingly, fighting to actually open his eyes. He had spent much too long in the depths of those Hoenn falls, and he quietly regretted ever entering that wretched cave in the first place. Squinting, the conversation was only white noise to him while he tried to gain enough consciousness to actually make out their sentences.

Drawing his beak over his long, crimson feathers the words "food" and "meat" rang alarms in his mind. So far, he'd been on a diet consisting mainly of the occasional berry and the malnutrition of it had been beginning to show, subtle chips in his wings and his shell more prone to cracking. His muscles weren't quite what they used to be, either, and as a captive bird of prey he had long forgotten the feeling of the hunt. Forcing open his eyes and stretching out his body, Rukh looked at awakening forms of the others. Usually, the Skarmory was cranky and loud during mornings, screeching at near everyone who tried to bother him, but his consciousness urged him to stay composed in fear that he won't get any of the delicious sustenance if he were to be rude.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:29 pm

Pyrite Town|Sunrise (9)

As Doug kept watch, he thought about everyone in the group. The Absol and Ninetales seemed like they didn't want him in their group, and the Skarmory seemed completely neutral either way. The human and the Vibrava, Kylie, seemed to be the nicest of the group. The Shuppet found it a little odd that Kylie was the only one that gave him her name, and it confused him to no end.

Doug looked back from his spot at the door and saw that the human and the Ninetales were up talking, leading Doug to believe that the human was the Ninetales' trainer. Cautiously, he floated over to them and greeted them. "Good morning, I hope you all slept well." He said with a small smile. "What are your names?" He asked the two.
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:23 am

Post 40

Pyrite Town| Sunrise

Asche sighed as he tried to push his body and mind back to sleep, but only managed to get to that half sleep: his body gone, but his mind still aware of his surroundings. An eye lazily opened as he felt something warm against his side, spotting translucent wings and a tan exterior. Kylie? Wasn't she busy cozying up to Phoe and her human? Bitterness still captivating him, it soon began to dissipate, his lonliness winning over his quiet anger. He let out another sigh, somewhat content that Kylie had come back.

However, his peace was not to continue uninterrupted, as the ghost from last night floated over, seemingly determined to keep the absol from sleeping in. "Good morning, I hope you all slept well," he greeted them with an all-too-cheery sort of tone. 'That's what I was trying to do, thanks...' "What are your names?" Asche's one open eye merely glared up at the ghost, silently cursing the thing for ruining all chance of sneaking in more sleep.

"...Nnnrrmh." It was only a grunt of a noise, Asche's irritation getting the better of him rather than actually giving the ghost what he wanted. He closed his eye once more, adjusting himself to prevent light from scalding his face in a last bid to try and catch a bit more sleep before Phoe demanded they rise. Surely she was an early bird, their first encounter suggesting she'd been up in the early morn dispatching her fair share of Undead.

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:18 am

(Skip me, for now. Can't really think at the moment.)
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:02 am

Pyrite Town|Sunrise
    P(39)/D(9)

As they were trying to dig everything out, Dean began spreading the food choices out around the pillow pile to make them easier for everyone to see. He wasn't sure what everyone liked so he wanted to make certain everyone ate. He looked around to see if anyone else was getting up when his eyes met with a harsh glare from Asche. The petite blonde winced, that wicked look almost physically painful and he quickly averted his gaze. Dean wasn't sure what had caused the Absol so much pain when it came to humans but he knew it had to be something terrible. The poor thing...

A creaking and the sound of scraping metal echoed through the basement and both Dean and Phoenix flinched at the sound. It was a little loud for this early in the morning. "What a pain..." Dean let out a soft chuckle. "Hey, uh...Skarmory," he began, regretting instantly that he didn't remember if he had learned the birds name before bed. "I think I saw some lubricant down here if you want me to rub some into your feathers. It will help with them wearing together, as I'm sure your nest didn't help much. I used to breed Skarmory, so I know all the good spots."

"Morning, Phoe, Dean." Phoenix looked down at Kylie and gave her a big smile, nuzzling the little bug nestled at her side. "Morning doll. Sleep well?" She was a little concerned about Asche's attitude towards Dean and didn't want him starting anything, because she sure as hell would be the one to finish it. She had been warming up to Asche but if she forced a decision between him and Dean she would pick her breeder every time. "Good morning, I hope you all slept well." She had forgotten about the ghost. She offered a curt 'morning' before going back to digging for more food, leaving Dean to deal with his guest.

"Well hey there little guy. Feeling better this morning?" The blonde was definitely a morning person it seemed, as his smile had yet to leave his face. "What are your names?" Dean slapped a hand on his forehead, mentally berating himself for not taking care of that already. "My goodness I completely forgot. I was too worried about getting you safe than learning your name. I'm Dean and the yellow fox is my Ninetales Phoenix. What was yours again? I can't remember if you said it last night." He looked over to Rukh and offered a sheepish grin, arm going behind his head as an embarrassed flush crossed his cheeks. "Yours too, I'm afraid. Sorry..."

Phoenix snickered at Dean's pathetic attempts at apologizing. The guy never had been any good with names. "Well guys, since you are all up, grub's over here. Though like I told Dean, if anyone wants meat I will have go hunting outside. Though I think only Asche and I fit that category. Asche?" She left Kylie to pick her meal as she stood up and stretched, tails fanning out and squirming in odd directions to try and loosen up. She opened her mouth wide and let out a big yawn before padding over to the blue pelted cat sitting alone in the corner. "You hungry kitty cat?" Even this early in the morning Asche looked like he could use a little tease.
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:23 am

Post 41

Pyrite Town| Sunrise

It looked like Asche just wasn't allowed to get any more sleep.

Though the ghost and Kylie remained quiet, Rukh's squeaky feathers rivaled the human's cheery voice in level of annoyance. Burying his face more into his paws, Asche could only shut out the world for so long when it nearly demanded his attention. Though he only half-listened to whatever was going on, he only really reacted when his name was called. "Though I think only Asche and I fit that category. Asche?" He peeked an eye over his arm, crystaline orb staring at the obnoxiously colored fox. "You hungry, kitty?"

The frown from earlier stayed on his face as he slowly rose, dislodging Kylie from her spot on his side. He moved sluggishly, his lack of sleep obvious to any onlooker. He made it to Phoenix in a few lazy steps, the glanced at her with a small glare. "...I'm not a kitty..." were the only words of protest as he stepped out into the full blast of the blazing morning sun. How he loathed it. He paused just outside of the den, waiting for Phoenix.

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:06 pm