Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

2 posters

New Option: Hashtags

Poll

Are any technical issues happening due to hashtags?

[ 1 ]
    New Option: Hashtags I_vote_lcap33%New Option: Hashtags I_vote_rcap [33%] 
    [ 2 ]
    New Option: Hashtags I_vote_lcap67%New Option: Hashtags I_vote_rcap [67%] 
    [ 0 ]
    New Option: Hashtags I_vote_lcap0%New Option: Hashtags I_vote_rcap [0%] 

Total Votes: 3
    Poll closed
    Suicune
    Suicune
    Administrator
    Administrator

New Option: Hashtags Empty New Option: Hashtags

Post by Suicune Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:22 pm

Hello fellow survivors!

EJ is happy to announce the addition of a new function: HASHTAGS.

Our forum now supports the use of the symbol # in order to tag any post with multiple subjects that automatically link to any other posts with that same tag within the forum upon clicking on it.

For example: #announcements #hashtags

If you wish to use these, you can use them anywhere within the site, even on teams! If they are used on team posts however, we do require that you reserve them for the bottom of posts, after the body, to minimize distraction from the writing.

And in addition to this, each account has a personal page of watched tags located in their personal profile page located as a tab within the 'profile' button on the header.

Located here.

This function is MUCH more accurate than our standard search engine because it is more precise and doesn't have posts that come up that aren't directly related. Plus, it encompasses the whole site, and not just one subforum!

But Suicune, you ask, what would really be the benefit to tags?
    Well my dear survivors, there's many suggested uses I can give you right off the bat.

If you use the search option in the header, there is an option to search with hashtags that you can activate. Which makes everything you search for so much easier.

Say you want to follow a particular character in a team without getting notifications for the team. Anyone can drop in a characters' name at the bottom of their post and anyone can follow that tag with ease.

This is also useful for your own characters and posts! Say you want to see only one of your characters' RP without having to scroll through pages of team RP just to find them. We need color codes, recollection of past actions, or even location changes readily available.
    Well, this solves that issue.

You can add #charactername, #locationname, #characterdeath, or even #characterpostcount(#) to keep an accurate directory of everything you need at your fingertips.
    *please note that you'll have to include the actual character names and numbers in these*
    *Note also that this isn't retroactive; previous hashtags will not function*

Now the one issue I see that will happen with this is that the hashtags used in character profiles when it looks like this: #000000
    Code:
    [color=#ffffff]#000000[/color]
    In order to keep it from changing into a link, members should remove the hashtag within the coded hashtag so it looks like this:
    Code:
    [color=#ffffff]000000[/color]

BUT SUI! I NEED THAT HASHTAG TO COPY PASTE!
    Well the simplest way I've found to edit and add colors in posts is this:
    - highlight text in editor
    - select a random color in the color picker within the editor, which adds in the bbcode for you
    - double-click the desired hex code which will only highlight the hex without the hashtag
    - paste desired hex code over the random color hex
    Simple, and with minimal manual code and clicks.

As if this couldn't get better, members can now use the @ symbol to easily link to anyone on the site!

For example: @Suicune

Not only does this link directly to their profile, but the hover option gives you additional information about them.

But this also serves to tag other people when you want them to know when they've been mentioned in a post. Members can get notifications via userbar or email when you go to your personal profile tab>notifications and change your preferences.
    This will work with both the keyword tags and the usernames!

As a final note, I will be trying to implement additional script to add in an ease-of-access button for frequently used tags to the editor.
    I will make an announcement for it when I get it working.

Until then friends, happy tagging!

Suicune
    Founding Admin

Catalyst
    Catalyst
    Elite
    Elite

New Option: Hashtags Empty Re: New Option: Hashtags

Post by Catalyst Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:39 pm

I'M SO EXCITED FOR THIS MOSTLY BECAUSE IT'D BE SO MUCH EASIER TO KEEP TRACK OF THINGS and things could be more easily showcased like in signatures or character sheets. All the RP would be there if they're tagged and put on a profile like yessss YESSSSSS SUI YESSSSS

New Option: Hashtags I61jEL3
    Just hold out against the night

And guard your hope with your life
    Suicune
    Suicune
    Administrator
    Administrator

New Option: Hashtags Empty Re: New Option: Hashtags

Post by Suicune Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:42 pm

Suicune
    Founding Admin

Sponsored content