Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+2
Kaze
Nightfall
6 posters

S'couple of Suggestions yeah lol

Anonymous

S'couple of Suggestions yeah lol Empty S'couple of Suggestions yeah lol

Post by Guest Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:46 am

Ummm. Had a few on my that I'd like to share with everyone and not just admins ╮(─▽─)╭

Nonetheless, here's my two cents into contributing to EJ with more wonderous ideas [though I find these ridiculous at some points];

-> Homework Help;
    I'm pretty sure most of EJ are students, whether it be in Middle School level, High School level, College level, so on and so forth. If we have trouble in a homework, wouldn't it make sense we go look for help? Say you're unable to reach your fellow classmates, why not go to us for some help? I'm aware that some of us aren't doing all so well in school, and it could possibly help ヽ(;▽;)ノ Unless you seriously hate school and basically give up on trying, to be quite honest with my feelings; I think you all should at least graduate High School. Not to sound forceful, but it's better than nothing (((o(*゚▽゚*)o)))
    We could make this thread that includes a variety of subjects, we can't have all of them, but at least the general outline of English [As it is an international language], History [World History I bet], Science [Any type, I know lots of us like Science. I specially like Physics (◡‿◡✿)], Art [I know artists are already here providing red-lines, but some general lessons wouldn't hurt like the basics (^v^)], and etc. etc. [If you have trouble with a foreign language, I bet one of the members are able to speak it considering that the internet is basically like a huge melting pot xD -Melting Pot; idiom for different ethnicities, races, languages, etc. An example could basically be the United States of America itself-
    It can be either in Freedom Corner in it's own little Sub-forum, or just a thread UwU [Unless it exists, and I'm not aware of it, I'm kinda behind on EJ news anyways lol]

-> Secret Santa: 2012;
    Let's do one again this year! This time instead of just handing each other art and some poems/fictions, why not also buy each other gifts and send them to each other? :'D I'm quite aware that we're all on a tight budget, but if you want, you can go ahead and buy your person a gift [such as a CD, a shirt, buttons, games, etc. Just don't screw around with your money, so make sure the stuff is like under 40 dolla =A=] However, address will only be revealed to your secret santa, if you don't want your address revealed to just anyone, don't bother and just stick with art and poems please ;;____;; I understand the feeling of being greedy, but I don't think I want a stalker lol [Though I trust every one of you, there could be those suspicious newcomers /shot]
    I could possibly host, but I prefer someone more trustworthy to handle it I guess (*´・v・)

->my mind suddenly went blank, I shall brb because goddamn I'm tired lol
    Anonymous

S'couple of Suggestions yeah lol Empty Re: S'couple of Suggestions yeah lol

Post by Guest Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:40 am

The homework thing I think is a great idea especially for someone like me who does their homework while on the chatbox
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:28 pm

I like the homework idea as well. Even though I no longer have to worry about homework I'll be happy to help with the little academic knowledge that I have ^^
    Kaze
    Kaze
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Kaze Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:49 pm

Homework help sounds like a good idea, perhaps just a minithread in the Freedom Corner where people can advertise as Tutors and communicate via PM with those that need some help Then going on EJ in schooltime would technically count as school related XD

I would love to do a real Secret Santa but it cost me like $25 US to send so much as a peanut out of the country XD
    Fox
    Fox
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Fox Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:01 pm

This sounds like a good idea; maybe have one main thread that has a list of categories people volunteer to tutor in, and people can put in requests to them, maybe?

And maybe put that in a sub forum, where people can make threads for discussion about it once their tutor is online? Though I suspect that kind of thing would work better in a chatbox or a screenshare, depending on what it is.

Either way, once school ends for me, I'll be free for any tutorials concerning art, which I think I'll be making by livestream, so count me into this.~

"What's the point in them being happy now if they're going to be sad later?
    The answer is, of course, because they're going to be sad later."

S'couple of Suggestions yeah lol 4j0L6
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:02 pm

Eh...i like the idea, and i am willing to help out in literature, or psychology (but not math, i just plain old suck at that xD) but....Just be sure to point out that this is voluntary and the people helping out aren't experts in that field, just a little more experienced.

Mainly because i can imagine that somewhere along the road, someone is gonna give some misinformation and turn it in just to get a low grade or something. And i really don't want to see people start fighting cause of that. Mostly blaming others for not passing a class .-.

And i hate to be the one to bring up all the problems, but abuse of this should also be avoided. It's easy to get into the "People are willing to help do my homework, might as well let them do all the work" mindset. (I myself am guilty of this back in highschool -.-;)

Like i said, it's a good idea, and i like it, but like everything, problems do arise D:

And as for the secret santa, i agree, it needs to come back.

((Edit: We could also help on giving cliff notes on the mandatory readings many are assigned during Middle school and High School. I know back then i hated reading when it was not of my choice, but i still remember a lot of the books~))

Last edited by Tryvex on Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Manditory Readings Also)
    SkeletonCupcake
    SkeletonCupcake
    Ace
    Ace

Post by SkeletonCupcake Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:12 pm

I could help with Science and Writing. I would help out with art but seeing as how I'm not very good at it I don't think I would make a good tutor. Though I can give helpful information on the different tools of the trade both in digital and traditional mediums.

Overall I like the idea. Though like Tryvex said; problems could arise.

Also Secret Santa sounds great.c:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:54 am

I love the homework idea. I could help with anything English or Language Arts related. Plus, it might help prevent people from being grounded from the site. ^^

OHYUSS SECRET SANTA C:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:33 pm

Ehhh, I won't be at fault if problems arise, that's all I'll say. I trust everyone on EJ to give me the right information, but if that's the case and some people shouldn't be trusted, why not provide a site that could also back up their work? =w= We're all human, we're bound to make mistakes.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:12 pm

YOU ARE A GENIUS. THIS IS ENGINEERING GENIUS.

Science and art (I know the concepts, I just don't apply them xD) are something I could help with, maybe a bit of English as well (but the fact that I'm so picky about word choice would make your writing sound like mine, haha)...

I've also been waiting for the Secret Santa as well, though if I were to mail something it would go through my parents first and they would ask who you guys were, so... ART.
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:03 pm

I love the tutor idea, I can definitely help with Science, Forensics, Biochemistry, and some simply Optics. |D I myself kinda need a math tutor for unit ratios, lol... VwV;;
    And I too, would like to see the Secret Santa back. It was very enjoyable. c:
    Jay
    Jay
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Jay Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:50 pm

I could do some stiff with science, ya :U

Also, yespls. secret santa<3

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:34 am