Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

3 posters

Renewing an Old Profile

Anonymous

Renewing an Old Profile Empty Renewing an Old Profile

Post by Guest Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:17 pm

I am soon going to be Team Switching Tsukiko the Autophobic Pikachu to Team Celestic, where she will merge with Shaka the Solemn Raichu as a Dual Profile character. This means that Shaka, who is a character with a very outdated profile, will have to be re-approved.

Now, you see, there are a large number of problems with his current profile. First of all, Shaka has the Generation III tutored move DynamicPunch, which was accepted as a viable move during the time of his approval. This approval happened long before the age restriction rules were set in. Iron Tail is only available as a TM move in Generation IV, also.

I have found, however, that in the new Pokémon Black and White 2 game (~Check out this link for where I got the information~), Raichu can learn Iron Tail and Magnet Rise as Tutor Moves, but not DynamicPunch.

I understand that an “exception rule” for earlier-approved young characters having Generation III Tutor Moves would probably be unfair for newer members, so I am willing to replace DynamicPunch with Thunderpunch as a Gen V Tutor Move or the TM move Brick Break in Shaka's History, as well as edit Iron Tail to be one of the Tutor Moves he learns.

Secondly, his history needs to be majorly revamped, since I originally thought differently of the lifespan of Pokémon when I first made Shaka. If you read through his old history, it is ambiguous regarding his age. In the fourth paragraph, it says ”By his fifth year, he was a young adult Raichu....” Being the goof I am, I thought that a five-year old Raichu could have the maturity of an Adult, which makes absolutely no sense in the light of the new age rules. He is in fact supposed to be around 19 years of age, with the maturity of a Young Adult. This was the level of maturity I wanted to him to have from the beginning, and this will cause a huge problem in having him be approved as I will have to expand on his history.

I will keep all major parts of his history very much untouched, but adapt them to the new rules and flesh it out much better. So all I really want is to make sure such changes were fine.....and because I did not want to bomb Mewtwo's PM box with this large question xD I hope you do not mind me posting it here instead of PM'ing it, Mewtwo.
    Suicune
    Suicune
    Administrator
    Administrator

Renewing an Old Profile Empty Re: Renewing an Old Profile

Post by Suicune Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:58 am

I'll leave this for Mewtwo to answer, as it's his realm of expertise.

Suicune
    Founding Admin

Lugia
    Lugia
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Lugia Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:59 am

While it is Mewtwo's final say, I'd say any existing profiles would be grandfathered in, and the new B&W2 would only affect the young spectrum of pokemon. But that's just me. It is Mewtwo's say, though.

Renewing an Old Profile Shadowlugiasig

Lugia
    Admin

"It's amazing how hard someone will fight for their underpants."

Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Mewtwo Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:53 am

Due to the age of the profile and the fact that they have been active and in RP this entire time, I can look at making the exception and grandfathering it in. I generally only force an update on moves if the character was Inactive during the creation of the restrictions.

However, I do not abide by BW2 as they have not been officially released to us yet. We may update our restrictions again once they are available to us but for now I stay strictly to BW as the primary, older Pokemon getting to go back to earlier Gens.

Thank you for your question, I'm sure you were not the only one wondering about this.

Renewing an Old Profile 3Br5nS6

Renewing an Old Profile ZGD0iWwAdmin - Profiles, PlotRenewing an Old Profile UugYyDK
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:05 am

Ah, so that is how it works :b Thank you, Mewtwo.

But what about the gaping flaws in the history? Could I be allowed to mend the age and maturity-related problems by fleshing out the history more, as long as I retain all of the old history's major events? I would not normally bother you about this, but the current history is a bit of a mess--a five-year old Raichu could never be level 45 and could never have the maturity of a young adult, lol xD
    Mewtwo
    Mewtwo
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Mewtwo Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:53 pm

Feel free to update the history to fit any new criteria such as appearance and age restrictions, as long as it keeps mostly to the old one. Just remember to keep the original as is because I pull reference from it.

Renewing an Old Profile 3Br5nS6

Renewing an Old Profile ZGD0iWwAdmin - Profiles, PlotRenewing an Old Profile UugYyDK
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:32 pm

Understood, Mewtwo ^_^

I do believe this topic is now ready for closing, Mew.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 2:42 pm