Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+3
Min
Catalyst
renegade
7 posters

The OUTSKIRT Team

Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

The OUTSKIRT Team - Page 12 Empty Re: The OUTSKIRT Team

Post by Dandelion Mon May 13, 2013 11:08 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Outskirt Stand | Morning
    38 | 38

The Vaporeon kept inching forward with tentatively light steps. The thing seemed to be alive, unnaturally placed amongst the dank scene of the dinner area. "That, Is Visiyn. The cacturne I mentioned. As I said, he's somewhat weird." He, Cacture, Visiyn. Connecting the words to each other Artemis stood a bit taller, casually yet firm as unease still pricked through her scales. "Anyone hungry? Or are we all just tired?" Phantom found his paws aching with exhaustion and desperately wanting to lay on the floor but he forced himself into a comfortable sit. "If you have enough to share, food would be wonderful." His stomach feels hollow and dry, hopefully food would soothe its aching. "We should probably rest in here during the heat of the day as well."

Resuming her investigation the Vaporeon creeps toward the Cacturne. Moving close enough to see the worn fibers of his scarf her head tilts the slightest bit. The dry plant flesh looked almost delectable in her exhausted state.. A strange sound sends stiffness though her muscles. With a feeling of ice down her spine its eyes light up with a demonic glow. Grains of sand trickle down from its grinning mouth intensifying her anxiety and pestering a dry stop in the back of Artemis' throat. Her body is tense, rooted to the spot in fear from the unholy being. Its glowing yet dark gaze sweeps over the present Pokemon making her thick tail twitch."How thoughtful, you bought water."

Water? No no no there was no water here. They were in the middle of the damned desert for Lugia's sake! What the hell are you talking about? Her heart pummels hard against her ribcage and Artemis' breath comes short and rapid. What did it mean, water? Her cyan eyes are wide but not focusing on anything until a green arm flashes mere whiskers length in front of her. Squealing and scurrying backwards she flees from the threatening limb. Was it the water? The Vaporeons head is swimming with panic as she thrusts it the opposite direction. The cactus Pokemons face overtakes her vision with its wide green grin. "Gotcha~!"

With claws screeching on the floor the Bubble Jet Pokemon scuffles in place, trying to run but going no where. Was it going to drop or spit water on her? Soak her with the stuff? What the hell was it going to do?! Dont fuck with me! Yet the Cacturne is calm, an eerie pleasure to his dry-breathed voice. "My name is Visiyn and may I say that you are certainly a vision too." A vision? A vision of.. water? Visiyn extends his arm toward her. Panic-stricken the Vaporeon stares wide eyed at him, "Get the hell away from me!" In a vain attempt to defend herself from the possible liquid threat a Shadow Ball forms at the tip of her muzzle. With a sharp gasp Phantom leaps in front of the female, "Stop, both of you!" The Shadow Ball fizzes out harmlessly. With a hard stare at Artemis then Visiyn the Growlithe speaks firmly, "Greetings Visiyn, my name is Phantom." He pauses, "And this, is Artemis."

Artemis thrashed her tail hard behind herself. Rage and fear boiled inside her hot, dry body and she growled loudly, "You said weird not insane!" With a short bark Phantom silenced her, "That's no way to treat your host." Nerves pick lightly in his pelt. Why was she so spooked all of a sudden? Sure Visiyn had surprised her but this was a bit much. No, it was too much. "Just keep the water freak away from me!" She spat, her voice laced in pain and tail thrashing hard. Of all places a damned desert should of been safe.
    Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Duma Wed May 15, 2013 3:37 am

Outskirt Stand~Morning~61
    Dammit Visiyn! You HAD to terrify her! Crescent thought, forcing herself not to speak. Wait... A normal Pokemon wouldn't have that reaction to the word water. Then it clicked. Of course! Why else would a water type be in the desert when they usually stick to water like glue to paper? She's aquaphobic! Crescent thought, surprise briefly crossing her face. She decided not to ask. "I'll go get the food, does anyone want anything to drink? We have soda pops and... Well... Water." Crescent said sorta awkwardly, casing a nervous glance towards Artemis.

((Crescent catches on to these sorts of things, which is how she figured out so quickly that Artemis had aquaphobia.))
    Kaze
    Kaze
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Kaze Fri May 17, 2013 11:32 pm

Outskirt Stand Desert ^^^ Morning ^^^ {28}
    Awww geez, the pretty girl was hostile. Never mind, he would still find a way to drain her water. That attitude was a very good way to get killed out here if it lacked direction and if there were too things the pretty blue thing seemed to have lots of it was anger and fear.
    "Psh please. This is what I get for trying to be polite." Folding both thorned arms around his back the Cacturne grins down at the little mask wearing Growlithe, he at least had the sense to treat him politely.
    A dry cloud of gritty sand spiraling around the pores of his mouth the Cacturne holds out a hand, letting a fine stream of sand flow from between the thorns of his hand to the ground.
    "May you walk in the shade." He intones solemnly, keeping a close eye on the newcomers.
    He still wasn't sure if he trusted the Charmander yet and Crescent seemed to be using the waterbond they shared to bring in yet more outsiders. Well, he would not provide for them until they gave him good reason to.
    Turning his spiky capped head the tall Grass Type turns to the absol who is giving away yet more of the stations limited supplies.
    I had a dreamwalk, I stood is the sands of my ancestors and there I received a message from Shai-Hulud." He says, the whisper of desert wind about his voice making the declaration sound very ominous indeed.
    My human is coming..
    Funnio987
    Funnio987

Post by Funnio987 Fri May 17, 2013 11:44 pm

Outskirt Stand | Morning | 21

Blaze stayed quiet as Visiyn 'introduced' himself to the newcomers. It's good that he at least didn't do what he did to the Vaporeon to him, that would make him want to leave and never come back. But again, he was still a child, he had no idea what he would actually do.
    He sat down, not sure what to do. Twice in a day he nearly died. It's good that he didn't get killed. That's something. He picked his tail up and held it closely to him, the heat warming him.
    "and... Well... Water."
    Crescent was talking, her voice trailing off as she turned around, walking towards the food supply. Blaze was a bit confused, she mentioned water quite loudly than she had before. Maybe she wanted to give the Vaporeon something to swim in, but that'd take most of our water supply.
    He sighed, maybe it was nothing. He was just overthinking things.
    He put his tail closer to his body and closed his eyes.
    "I'm going to take a quick...rest."
    He yawned, and shortly fell asleep.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Mon May 20, 2013 2:31 am

Outskirt Stand | Morning
    39 | 39

Artemis hissed and growled loudly to the fiend, taking cautious steps back while her tail trashed. Was every Pokemon around here crazy? Her tail smacked against something and quickly she turned on the spot to snap at it. The bench seating was perfectly still as her jaws met nothing but dry air. Watching as Phantom's fluffy tail flicks gently in acknowledgement she quiets her growl slightly. "Psh please. This is what I get for trying to be polite." The Cacturne muses over her terror. Making an extra loud hiss Artemis thrusts her tail over her paws, lowering herself slowly to the floor in a crouch. Water loving freak.

Phantom's muscles are relaxed as he can clearly see that Visiyn is no threat and Artemis' reaction is completely over-dramatic. "I apologize for her behavior and hope you excuse her for it. Artemis can be, a bit jumpy." The canine sighed, moving his head between the Cacturne and giving the Vaporeon a hard look. The last thing they needed now was to be outcast from this ragtag group after that fight when there was no reason for the water types outburst. This is the closest landmark I know of, where else could we go to rest? A cold shiver ripples down his spine at the thought but Visiyn does not seem bothered. Again he offered his arm and the fire type accepts, placing his own clawed-paw upon it. "May you walk in the shade." An odd tingle ran through the paw as it touched the plants skin but he ignored it with a smile and gentle nod, "May we walk there together." With a bit of time he could be a good friend and the thought lifted the canines spirit.

"I'll go get the food, does anyone want anything to drink? We have soda pops and... Well... Water." Crescent changed the subject away from her panic but still kept it on the blasted water. The very word came hesitated with a cautious glance. Artemis returned it with her own bitter, disdainful glare. Dont you dare mock me you arrogant fool. The dry spot in her throat began to pester at her again, begging to be refreshed with liquid to the point it was near impossible to ignore. Parting her jaw slightly to spit curses toward the dark type Phantom again overtook her. "One of each would be wonderful, thanks." The thought of having something to drink makes his already dry mouth feel like sandpaper.

Phantom gave Artemis, still huddled behind him antisocially, a solemn glance with his orange-brown eyes. He would give her first dips on the drinks since he hadnt bothered to ask what she wanted. Heated embarrassment burns through his already aching, hot pelt. I hope she doesnt mind. His natural timidness is creeping up again as he wants to shy away from the other Pokemon but he squashes it down. What would Acid say about that, him being cowardly over a beverage! That was no way for him to behave, especially now that he was pretty much responsible for his companion. I was forced into this position but that doesnt mean I can be careless with it. Taking a deep breathe in he calms his nerves while Visiyn begins to recount something. "I had a dreamwalk, I stood in the sands of my ancestors and there I received a message from Shai-Hulud."

Blinking in wonder the Growlithe tries to imagine the scene. His mind is wrapped in awe at the thought and his gaze is brightly looking toward the Cacturne with question. The water type kept her muscles clenched, wrapped tightly behind the canine. These Pokemon were too strange, too out to get her. Damned desert is too hot. Damned Pokemon are too weird. Damned water freaks all over. Now they were really insane, talking about Shai-what-now. The spikes from the collar on her wrist dig uncomfortably into her chest until she must reposition it. Giving it a longing glance Artemis’ finlike ears prick immediately at the insane plants next sentence. "My human is coming."

Her eyes go wide and her heart skips a beat. Human? NO. She was not supposed to be near humans. They might catch her for being a fugitive.. and she promised Sheba she wouldn't let that happen! Icy claws gripped at her heart while a cold sweat seems to prickle over her scales. Was this place some kind of madhouse? Standing defiantly Artemis scowls at the dual type, "How do you know!?" She demands.
    Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Duma Mon May 20, 2013 5:04 am

Outskirt Stand~Morning~62
    Crescent sighed when Artemis's glare turned towards her. All right, water for Phantom and Artemis. I hope she doesn't get too scared. Then again, every aquaphobic is different. Crescent thought, nodding politely to the others, and walked into the kitchen. Once in the kitchen she found the tray of poffins, and looked at where there were frozen berries. They'll help satisfy everyone's hunger more than the poffins. Crescent thought, putting the poffins back and grabbing a tray of assorted half frozen berries. Grabbing water for Phantom, Artemis and Visiyn, she put them on the tray carefully.

Then everything went haywire outside. "How do you know!?" Artemis's demand rang loud and clear. Placing the tray down on the counter, she poked her head around the door, looking at what was happening. "I-is everything okay?" Crescent nearly face-pawed at her reply. How pathetic of her. Was that really the best she could come up with. That was just pathetic. No. Just, no. Why did I even say anything? She thought, backing into the kitchen again, and grabbing the tray of food. She carefully balanced it on her back and carefully walked out. "You know what, arguing won't solve empty stomachs. C'mon, I got some food." Crescent said, placing the tray on the table. Maybe this rag-tag group could get along. Maybe.
    Kaze
    Kaze
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Kaze Thu May 23, 2013 6:27 pm

Outskirt Stand Desert ^^^ Morning ^^^ {29}

"Shai-Hulud has told me. He walks in the desert of the mind and he has said that my human will return top this place. Sand flows in both of us. I know." Visiyn says calmly, each word filled with certainty with a soft creaking he turns his head towards Cresent, the black pores of his mouth forming a shadowy permenant grin.
    Though he remains calm in both tone and body language the Cacturne is looking forwards to seeing his human again. Like him Dhakwan was a creature of the desert, one who had been hired as a guide in this acrid region and if anyone could teach this foolish rabble how to survive in the desert it would be him.
    Visiyn raises one thorned hand to the red scarf that rested around his neck. The red fabric is torn and tattered from it catching on his spines but the part that rested closest to his neck was largely intact and still soft to the touch.
    The Cacturne steps forwards with a solid thump, the mess where his eye had been cut by the Absol's razor wind now a crusting scar.
    He reaches his hand towards one of the bottles of water, the blunt end twisting into a writhing mass of fine roots that burrow through the plastic coating of the bottle and greedily suck up the water, causing the bottle to collapse in on itself as it is drained to the last drop.
    Funnio987
    Funnio987

Post by Funnio987 Sat May 25, 2013 3:31 am

(( OOC: Please skip me, as I have said before, Blaze fell asleep. ))
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Wed May 29, 2013 12:15 pm

Outskirt Stand | Morning
    40 | 40

Her claws curled, flexed, and tapped on the dusty wood floor. The hell kind of place was this? "Shai-Hulud has told me. He walks in the desert of the mind and he has said that my human will return top this place. Sand flows in both of us. I know." Scooting a step back Artemis can feel her rump tap against the wall. What kind of insane Pokemon are you?! The 'sand flowing' she could believe, it was pouring from him, but desert of the mind? I bet your mind is made of sand. She thought bitterly. The heat radiating from Phantom's nearby fur was making her uncomfortably warm, made worse by the thick, heavy air of the stand. Suddenly the Vaporeon felt very crammed and trapped behind her canine partner, her paws itching to move somewhere else.

"I-is everything okay?" Crescent called from behind the counter, an odd tone to her voice. "Its fine." Phantom tried to sound reassuring as he caught the very end of the Absol's scythe-like horn vanish past the side of the wood again. Turning his head he could clearly see the discomfort painted across Artemis' face. She was curled in such a tight ball behind him, cramped looking and needing space. The canine took one away from her but then began to worry that she would lash out in stress if given the chance. Torn between what to do he took another step to the side. Maybe she would behave if she was more comfortable.

Gently his orange-brown eyes glided across the room. Blaze had thoroughly passed out despite the loudness to Artemis' voice. The sun was quickly climbing above them and was no longer visible through the window. The odd Cacturne seemed completely relaxed if not disappointed. He wasn't angry at the Vaporeons hostility. We should be grateful for that. Artemis is still growling softly but the sound is drowned out by Crescent returning to the other Pokemon. "You know what, arguing won't solve empty stomachs. C'mon, I got some food." The thought of eating makes Phantom's stomach knot in on itself and his head foggy with exhaustion. But we need it..

Preparing to step forward Phantom stops as Visiyn takes his bottle of water from the tray. Peering around his fuzzy leg Artemis stares wide eyed in horror toward the Cacturne. It sucked the water from a bottle and dropped the plastic like a husk. Though her heart pounds hard and the noise echos in her ears the Vaporeon does not panic. Forcing her eyes to focus its clear the bottle is no longer a threat; its crumpled and squeezed, dry without a single drop of the demon fluid. She was alright for now.. Letting the feeling pass Artemis slowly inches her way across the floor, slinking in a wide arc to the bench seats. Hopping up on them the Vaporeon steps all the way to the edge, keeping her sight off of the tray in the center.

Phantom slowly padded forward and clambered onto the bench seat less then gracefully. Moving a bit from the edge it felt awkward to be in a place were the humans would sit. It wasn't proper for him to be at the table but the canine knows that the world is basically owned by Pokemon now and worrying about such a minor human rule is pointless. Both quadrupeds sat less then willingly on the seats. Artemis was twitchy and wouldn't stay still, anxiety building from being so close to the other strange Pokemon and the objects on the table. Phantom just looked tired and uneasy, unable to get past proper human manners for his kind and exhaustion in his body.

Looking at the cold, hard berries on the tray the Growlithe taps his dry tongue against the back of his throat. Using his long claws Phantom scraps one toward himself, sucking it into his mouth with his tongue. The cool taste was instantly refreshing and tingled in his mouth as he chewed. The chill trails down his throat and can be felt in his stomach before it vanishes. Chewing it slowly an odd thought comes to him. How did these become frozen? It would probably be better if he didn't ask that. Gently he pushes one of the berries closer to Artemis.

((Thought I posted this last night))
    Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Duma Fri May 31, 2013 12:19 am

Outskirt Stand~Morning~63
    Crescent waits for everyone to grab their food before grabbing one of the half frozen Pecha berries. Ice melted into the slightly wrinkled pink skin, but other wise, the berry looked quite fresh. Biting into it, she let the sweet taste bring beck happy memories. It would be nice to see another human, but Crescent knew that had to be impossible. Didn't they all die? Maybe The great bird that Erica had told her about -Hoo Hoo or something like that- Had revived them? She'd heard legends that it had these ashes that could revive the dead, but she never quite believed it. But maybe it could be real.

"Had anyone got any interesting stories of before the Epidemic hit? I know I have some." Crescent said, hoping to start some conversation. She looked around and spotted Blaze, fast asleep. Smiling, she looked back at everyone else. They all had their perks, and they all had their weaknesses, but Crescent didn't really know what her strengths and weaknesses were. Well, I know that I'm too trusting. She thought grimly, a nasty thought flashed through her mind and she pushed it away. These Pokemon wouldn't kill her. They weren't heartless like the undead, right?
    Kaze
    Kaze
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Kaze Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:11 pm

Outskirt Stand Desert ^^^ Morning ^^^ {30}

"My human lived here. He walked the sands with us, guiding humans from place to place for a few coins. Often we rested here before continuing across the desert. He was one of us. Like all children of the Blessed Moon he traveled at night." A faint lilt to that last sentence suggests that the Cacturne thinks poorly of those who travel by day, when the sun is the hottest and dehydration all but assured. His Water Bond with the Absol was strong but still he doubted the others would last long.
    "When the humans had to leave he gave me this..."
    Visiyn's stubby arm raises to touch the tattered red fabric torn by the sharp thorns on his neck and back. On a human in would cover the mouth from sand while still allowing the wearer to breath but on the desert dwelling Cacturne it simply served as a reminder that he had once been owned.
    Dhakwhan had been a good trainer, as understanding of the desert's harsh nature as Visiyn was and endlessly amused by the way the tall Cacturne intimidated his customers.
    Tentatively Visiyn reaches forwards and prods one of the berries. To the grass type the thin layer of frost on each one was unpleasant, burning at his green skin with its incredible cold.
    To eat one for him would be like a human putting a hot coal in his mouth. Instead he carefully prods at each one until he finds a berry less unpleasantly frosty than the rest and waits further for it to finally warm up enough to be edible.
    Food was food and even dangerous food like this was something he would guard.
    After all with so many guests it would be unfortunate but inevitable that supplies would soon run out so while this open display of gluttony was still rampant then he would eat what he could to store for later.

((OOC: Time skip to late afternoon soon? Visiyn's nocturnal and the desert will be heating up soon. Sleeping through the hottest part of the day makes sense))
    Funnio987
    Funnio987

Post by Funnio987 Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:58 am

(( OOC: Yeah, lets time-skip. Until then, Blaze is still asleep. He'll wake up in the next post of mine. ))
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:15 pm

Outskirt Stand | Morning
    41 | 41

Artemis stares down at the berry the Growlithe had moved. It looked less then appealing to her, cold, hard and probably past its prime. It didn't appear frosty but one tap told that it had been frozen not too long ago. Grunting softly at it she stares down the drinks on the tray instead. With a quick slip of her webbed toes the Vaporeon drags the Soda Pop bottle closer to herself. The other bottle of water jostled the slightest bit sending a cold panic down her spine but it settled once more without problem. With her heart already pumping she tries to ignore its presence by gnawing on the cap of her drink. Crunching down hard on the plastic lid while her wrists desperately try to keep the container steady is challenging for the thumbless Pokemon. It rocks and tilts with each jerk of her jaw but eventually the cap pops off the container with a faint hiss.

The liquid is warm and tastes of chemicals on top of a sickly sweet lemon-lime flavor. The bubbly design on the outside of the bottle lies as the drink has lost most its fizziness from age and has an overwhelmingly flat taste. The drink isnt water but its close enough that the Vaporeons entire body crawls and creeps at the touch of the fluid. Its too clear and looks to much like it though the taste and smell tell that it isn't. The spot in her throat finally moistens making the action almost worth it. Knowing she can not leave without eating, or else she'd probably be questioned, Artemis claws over one berry that that was closest to her. Its yellow, spotted skin does not bend under her claws but doesnt feel too cold ether. Chomping on the hard berry until it breaks a wash of sour flavor floods her mouth. Instantly her stomach detests the food and wants to heave it up but also longs to be filled ad allows it to pass. A grotesque aftertaste hits her after from the food being chilled. Swallowing it all quickly Artemis again goes for the drink to cleanse her pallet. After that she can stomach no more food and crawls off the bench, away from the damned water.

She can hear Crescent starting, "Has anyone got any interesting stories of before the Epidemic hit? I know I have some." reassuring her it was a good time to leave. Last thing I need is to give you any of my secrets. Feeling weaker now and sick to her stomach the Vaporeon had had enough. Choosing a different bench she curled up on it with a pout. Her wounds no longer ached but the scratches and blood were still present on her scales. Slowly Artemis started to wash it off, near gagging at the iron taste of the dry blood. Everything in this place tasted horrible.. When it was all too for her Artemis simply threw her paws over her ears and closed her bright eyes to sleep, praying that it came fast.
    Watching his friend with worried eyes Phantom took another piece of fruit for himself. Visiyn took the liberty of telling his tale first, ending on his tattered scarf. The weight of his mask became noticeable again and the scars beneath it. Even if it wasn't his full story he did have something to tell. "I was born in a forest here in Orre but I grew up in Gateon Port with my best friend. He was a Seel named Mimic." A light smile comes at the thought of his old friend. "We did everything together and he even helped me find out who I am; a singer. " He placed a clawed paw on the edge of his mask, "He also gave me my mask here. It used to be his.." It wasn't worth mentioning that Mimic was murdered by undead. Its not their place to know that.

Gateon had been his home and thinking of how far away from it he had traveled brought the weariness back to the Growlithe's body. The Fresh Water had helped take the edge off his wounds but they would need a good lick to prevent infection. Moving much slower than earlier the Puppy Pokemon clambered off the seat and back to the floor. "I don't know about you guys but after walking all night and battling, I'm beat." A yawn overtakes his muzzle, showing off Phantom's strong yellow-white teeth. "We should sleep out the heat of the day. Its safest that way so we don't overheat." His eyes catch the flicker of a tail flame. "Seems Blaze is way ahead of us." The little Charmander looked much smaller while he slept, peaceful and innocent. Padding closer to Artemis he began to wash he wounds with long stroke. The sand within them would bring a sharp sting and only when that stopped would he move on to the next.

By the time Phantom was done tending his wounds he was utterly exhausted. Climbing up next to Artemis he laid so his soft tail was against her. Unlike Blaze she seemed pained in her sleep, uncomfortable and plain unhappy. Don't worry, it wont be long now. Letting his body relax the Growlithe's orange-brown eyes gently slid closed into sleep.
    Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Duma Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:17 pm

((OOC: Posting from 3DS and can't post picture))
    Outskirt Stand~Morning~64
    It seemed that everyone wasn't in the mood for sharing storys. Then again, Crescent didn't blame them. They'd only just met each other, and even so, it was happenstance that threw them together. Well, everyone else is sleeping, so I guess I should get some rest as well. She thought, going over to where Blaze was and laying down next to him. Putting her head on her paws, the dark type closed her eyes and succumbed to the peaceful realm of sleep.
    Funnio987
    Funnio987

Post by Funnio987 Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:42 am

Outskirt Stand | Morning (Late Afternoon?) | 22

Blaze opened his eyes. He was sitting in a large white room. Nay, not a room, but a large field of nothing. Just white.
    "...Crescent? Visiyn? Growlithe and Vaporeon?"
    He asked, not to anyone in particular. Just hoping for something. He stood up, fixing his glasses position while standing.
    He had no idea what to do, but he needed to check this place around. He needed to head forward. So he walked forward, where to go, he did not know.
    Hours, it seemed he was walking for hours. Nothing, just white. He sighed, what was he going to do? Was he stuck here? As he walked, he stumbled over something and tripped. He fell to the ground, his glasses falling off and a large pain resonating from his head. He growled slightly in annoyance, then fumbled around for his glasses, eventually finding them. He picked them up and put them on, looking to where he tripped.
    A picture frame.
    It was a large golden picture frame, the ones you would see in a museum or something. Blaze stood up, slowly walking towards it. It had a painting of sort on it. Blaze peered into it, it was a Dratini and Charmander. They were sitting around the Charmander's tail-flame, they seemed to be freezing. They were in a cave, snow flying inside of the cave. It made Blaze smile a bit, he was not sure why. Maybe he was just a masochist, or maybe it was something else. He wasn't sure.
    The picture changed, as if it was a clear pond, and a drop of water dropped into it, creating a ripple effect.
    The picture changed into a picture of a young boy being ripped and eaten by Fearows and Pidgeots, the boy's mouth was ripped open in horror, screaming whispers only the dead should know. A tear fell from Blaze's face, he had just realised who this was. His trainer. His trainer that had died because he was too weak. Blaze screamed, tears falling from his eyes.
    His flame turning into a white flame, pain and anger welled up inside of him. He was too weak, too weak to even save one of his Arceus-forsaken friends! He was a weakling, he couldn't do anything right!
    He fell to the ground, tears falling to the ground, sniffing every now and then.
    "Why did you let me die?"
    A voice whispered into Blaze's ear, where did that come from?
    "Why did you let me die?" It repeated, the voice seemingly coming from nowhere but sounding like it came from everywhere.
    "Why did you let me die?"
    "You're so weak."
    "You couldn't even save the Raticate."
    "You didn't save anyone."
    "You're a fool, lucky enough to even survive this long."
    "Idiot!"
    "WEAKLING!"
    "STUPID CHARMANDER!"
    "GET THE HELL OUT, YOU ARE WEAK."
    "YOU'LL NEVER BECOME LIKE ME."
    "YOU ARE NOT MY SON, GET THE HELL OUT."
    Voices from all memories echoed, some deep, some high like the boy. One was of a deep gruff voice. Blaze wanted to kill himself, what was happening!? He was so weak, everyone he knew was probably dead and he couldn't even do anything!
    "GET OUT OF MY HEAD!" He screamed to the voices. They did not stop.
    He couldn't take it anymore! He opened his mouth, stretching it to his limits and bit onto his arm. Blood seeped out and pain became unbearable. But Blaze didn't care. All he wanted to do was die.

Blaze opened his eyes, screaming. He was in the stand, everyone was resting. But he had probably woken them up. He was sweating, his tail-flame was white. He didn't know what had happened, but it was horrible. He just couldn't comprehend what had just happened.
    He crawled into a fetus-like form and cried, scared of going back to sleep.

(( OOC: This was extra lengthy for missing all those turns. This was also an insight into a bit of Blaze's backstory. ))
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:03 am

Outskirt Stand | Late Afternoon
    42 | 42

The Vaporeon lie awake with burning eyes. Nightmares had disturbed her sleep, filling it with torrents of dark swirling water. The little rest she had gotten wasn't much better, restless and uncomfortable in the tight hot space. Her paws wouldn't stop kicking and most likely she'd disturbed Phantom's sleep as well; repetitively she had jabbed him while dreaming. Shouldn't of slept so close. With a silent sigh she had to admit it was comforting to feel the tickle of his tail against her. Having little to no trust in the other Pokemon Artemis needed the Growlithe by her side more then ever.

The cramped bench had been a bad idea to begin even if it was the softest thing in the dinner. After lying there for several hours her legs whined to properly stretch and back ached for support. Lying there half-awake was more relaxing then sleep but the discomfort and exhaustion was getting to her. At least I'm off my paws for a bit.. Looking out of the window she can see the dunes casting shadows upon themselves. It looked almost peaceful. Now would be perfect for us to leave.. Her aching body said otherwise. Rest would do them both good and according to her canine companion this was the best rest stop they would get. Can't say Im impressed. Pouting Artemis rests her head in a different position on her paws.

It only stayed there for a moment before screaming wracked her thin ears. It was Blaze or somethings voice, fading out to whines and whimpers soon after. Peeking her head up she can see him, a terrified look to his face but no danger present? No reason for disturbing everyone is more like it. Rolling her cyan eyes Artemis tosses her paws over her ears.
    Phantom stirred at the cry. Cracking his eyes open slightly he can see the pained look on his fellow fire types face and shine to his scales. Guess we all got bad dreams these days. His own hadn't been the best but they were manageable. Already he can feel the sleep fleeting his body. It would be impossible to get anymore now. Instead the canine yawned, showing off his long yellow-white fangs, and hopped to the ground. Stretching his cramped limbs the Growlithe felt parched after breathing the dry air for so long. With another yawn he blinks his eyes fully open and heads off toward the serving counter.

Rounding Blaze he half wishes the child had stayed awake. He hated the idea of taking supplies from the stand without permission but it technically wasn't owned by anyone here. It is the humans place.. He sighs knowing it might as well belong to the Pokemon now. With light steps he rounds the back of the counter and shuffles through the dusty boxes. There was odds and ends of all sorts, human items of all kinds, but none that he wanted. There was only one thing that interested the Growlithe right now. Riffling about he sniffs for his desire but can not scent any. If those berries were frozen there has to be some sort of ice or a cooler around here.. Tearing the top off another box with his teeth Phantom sneezes by a rising cloud of dust. Wiping at his muzzle with one paw a faint shine catches his eye.

A chunk of ice glistens with the fading light of the stand that was angled just right into the box. Without thumbs he must tilt the cardboard container with the weight of his upper body as he tries to reach the ice. His teeth almost meet it when the entire thing tips and spills on the floor with a loud shuffling thud. Phantom lets out a whine of surprise from both the box and the cold sting as the ice meets his tongue, tossed right into his mouth in the shift. If Blaze hadn't woken the others that would of for sure. "Sorry," He says embarrassed through his full mouth. Though it isn't quite quenching the chill feels good to the Growlithe.
    Funnio987
    Funnio987

Post by Funnio987 Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:19 am

((OOC: Sorry, but I have to skip again. I don't have any time to post one, sorry. ))
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:38 am

43 | 43

The hot flush of embarrassment in his face was a sharp contrast to the icy cold feeling in his mouth. Carefully picking himself up and shouldering the box back in place Phantom grunts softly, grabbing anything else that fell with his teeth and dropping it back inside. Giving his pelt a hard shake he backed out around the edge of the counter and toward the others. Passing by Blaze he looks out of the windows and questions how long they had been sleeping. It seemed pretty late in the day now and his body told him he had rested plenty long enough. Minus the aches of battle that is. Shifting his neck Phantom gives the cuts on his shoulders and chest a good sniff. A crusty layer of blood had formed over them and they smelled clean of any problems under the strong scent of iron.

Turning to where he had slept he can see that Artemis has flipped around and moved to his spot on the outer edge of the bench. She is laying on her belly, limbs brought in tight and now facing the room with bitter cold eyes. Her paws hide the bottom of her muzzle and she seems no happier then she was before resting. Smite me down now Im done with this bullshit. How had she come to be here? She had lived in johto her whole life, mountains or city it was still her home region. This Orre place, as Phantom called it, so far had only injured and angered her. Desert, disquieted, and death. Anxious, agitated, and agonized. The list could go on and on. The Vaporeon couldn't even remember how she ended up here.. Staring Phantom square in the face with her bright cyan eyes Artemis speaks quietly with an eery calmness. "Its getting late again." If they were going to travel again today now would be the time to go. They couldn't just wait.. not in this place.

Shifting the dry tasting ice in his mouth so he wont mumble too much the canines eyes cloud with apprehension. "But you're still hurt and so am I. It wouldn't be safe." The anxiety reflected on her face was all he needed to know her feelings. He could understand why she wanted to go so bad, he felt the same way but unlike Artemis his couldn't be remedied. "I feel fine." She growls quietly, a sharp edge to her voice. Like hell she felt fine. Her ears prick up a bit with curiosity as she watched Phantom swallow and lick at his teeth, an uncomfortable shiver running down his body. Was he getting sick? Rising her head Artemis looks at him with concern. If the Growlithe really was getting sick then then it was no wonder he didn't want to leave. Guilt began to gnaw at her for being so selfish but swiftly she crushed it down, placing her head back on her paws. I can wait.
    Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Duma Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:11 pm

((OOC: Skip me please, I'm too tired to post right now. Just say Crescent is still asleep.))
    Kaze
    Kaze
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Kaze Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:12 pm

Outskirt Stand Desert ^^^ Morning ^^^ {31} /// (1)

As the air began to cool so the Cacturne, refereshed from his deep sleep during the heat, awoke. Twin yellow glows like the slanted eyes of a carved jack-o-lantern flickering in dark-ringed sockets as he opened his eyes. A small of lighter green, a length of scar tissue against his now healed eye, marks his injury but apart from that the tall Grass Type is in the prime of health. His thorns are long and curved, ready to rend unsuspecting flesh.
    As the temperature falls from the harsh heat of the afternon he begins to move, slowly at first like a teetering tree just beginning to fall but then with more confidence to his steps as the last sliver of burning sunlight sinks below the horizon. The sky itself is still tainted by stripes of gold and bright orange around the horizon but a deep indigo blue shade nearer the fringes with the oncoming night.
    With a soft sigh the Cacturne steps forth and pulls open the door.
    Outside the wind is blowing softly, stirring the sands up into tiny dust devils, the infant children of Shai-Hulud.
    The small whirlwinds, no more than half a meter tall and a few meters wide, carve small shifting tracks in the dusty ground.
    "It is time to wake up." Visiyn announces in a voice that hisses like a sandstorm, fine particles of silvery sand ozing from the round pores of his mouth.
    The tattered red scarf blows out behind him.
    In his dreams he had walked the deserts of his mind again. Now was the time.
    Turning his intimidating form towards the two newest stragglers to join his band. They are already up, unlike the one he had a water debt to and the scaly charmander who is curled up facing away from him.
    The Cacturne is a desert dweller by nature, he knows how difficult it is to find sustenance in this harsh dry environment and that the supplies here, leftovers from the times the humans lived here, would only last so long. Without proper guidance this group wuld strip anything of value from this place then either leave this place or starve. Either way the desert would consume them.
    "I go to the sands." He announces, loud enough for everyone to hear him.

The bright eye of the sun had finally set and the human breathed a sigh of relief, curled up in the tiny patch of shade offered by an outcropping of rock and his Flygon's side.
    The harshed time in the desert was done; with the sinking of the red-eyed sun and the rise of the blessed mother moon he had survived to the quiet time, the time when a man could stride across the sands with no fear of anything but Shai-Hulud and his children.
    He drew the red cloth close against his face, the small metal device that picked up his voice and translated it protected from the sands by the layers of his scarf.
    Returning Syria to well deserved rest he calls out the other pokemon he had been given.
    The Claydol hovered above the sands, it's black body radiate extreme age and wisdom. He bowed to the ancient one, a dweller of the desert since the before times and asked it to carry him across the miles to the one place that was a familiar landmark in the waves of sand.
    It didn't even blink its red eyes before reality collapsed in on itself and reformed them both far from the burned out wreckage of the fallen helicopter.
    Here was the place he had sought. Here was the place the others would come if they were still alive. The Desert Guide held no hope of that.
    Shai-Hulud would swallow their bones just as he swallowed the bones of their broken metal device. The desert had no mercy and showed no favour. Once again he would survive this place based on what he knew about the treasures hidden in the sands, knowledge those other humans with their bulky weapons and best laid plans lacked.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:48 am

44 | 44

Coughing and puffing air through his mouth the Growlithe regrets eating the ice. His throat feels icy tight and near choking from the cold but not at all quenched. Tapping his tongue against the roof of his mouth it has made his body graciously feel cooler yet with the waning heat that is not a good thing. Thankful for being thick-furred Phantom gives his orange pelt a hard shake as he hears Visiyn speak, "It is time to wake up." Shifting her paws the Vaporeon grumbles to herself before hopping off the bench to the hard floor below. It was clear she was no longer asleep but even the chance of that thing could come up to her again was enough to make the bubble Jet Pokemon move. How long could she stand to be stuck here with these freaks? A week at most.. maybe. At this rate it seemed unlikely but she could give Phantom that much, if he really was getting sick.

Giving the Cacturne a warm look Phantom nods, "Yes, its been plenty long enough." Turning his head to the Vaporeon his eyes still reflect the light look, "Right, Artemis?" She merely walked to his other side, staying so close his fur brushed against her dry scales, and muttered, "Yeah whatever.." Of course he was happy, he had slept like a log! Her cyan gaze burned with tiredness but she ignored it as best she could. This misery would only last so long before Phantom did as he had promised.. "I go to the sands." The tall dual type stated. The canine beamed with excitement, his tail wagging. "Did you have another dream, Visiyn?" Had he seen anything like before? Oh to have such wondrous dreams like that.. Phantom could only imagine.

His excitement was quickly taken away by pain in his stomach. The thought of the previous days meal runs through his mind and sends guilt through his small body. "Um, Visiyn, do you know where we could find any food or water out here?" The Cacturne was the oldest and through Phantom knew a lot about this desert he was not an expert. If anyone here knew where to find what they needed it would be Visiyn. The dog paws anxiously at the floor below him. "I feel bad for taking your supplies. I know how merciless it can be out here and would to repay your hospitality." Not to mention he had just gone rummaging through their storage and actually taken from it. Artemis huffed loudly. While they traveled she had seen next to nothing interesting and definitely no food out there. "Maybe we should go kill something." She half-jokes to herself. Something had to live out here, like the Sandslash from the day before. Yet the Vaporeon was not a hunter even if it would be normal for her kind. Im just someone trying to survive..
    Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Duma Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:13 am

Outskirt Stand~Late Afternoon~65
    "It is time to wake up." Crescent opened her sleep heavy eyes to the sound of Visiyn's voice. Blinking her eyes to clear her vision, she stood up and stretched. I wonder what wacky adventure we'll be doing. She thought, yawning. "So, everyone's awake? What're we gonna do?" She said, looking towards Visiyn. He was the one with the 'leader' role in the group, so it made sense to let him pass suggestions.

"I go to the sands." Crescent gave Visyn a skeptical look. "Go? Go where? Is this about your human?" She said, a hint of sarcasm in her voice. Sure Visyin was kinda wacky, but seriously? A human? Last she knew they were supposed to be dead. They didn't have the immune systems that Pokemon had. Unless...

That's impossible! How could they survive?! Unless they were somehow revived? Crescent pondered over this. What could revive Humans? It was impossible right? Nothing could come back. If they could Erica would be alive... Maybe only certain humans can come back... She thought, falling into a sudden silence as she pondered to herself.

((OOC: YAY! Three Paragraphs!))
    Kaze
    Kaze
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Kaze Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:31 pm

Outskirt Stand Desert ^^^ Morning ^^^ {32} /// (2)

"Yes." The Cacturne says simply. His dreams were far more vivid than those of non-desert dwellers, if equally incomprehensible. He had not met with the human in the desert of the mind again but he had seen the steps in the sand and knew that he was getting closer.
    Visiyn, creature of the desert as he was, had no idea what had happened to his trainer after the nomad had left the deserts. In his mind that was like leaving the world but whether he returned as he had left or as a Ghoula, creature of trapped spirit and rotten flesh, Dhakwan was returning.
    Holding open the metal door to the sands beyond he turns his yellow eyes down on the Growlithe with the half mask covering his face. The dark pores of his mouth stretch upwards in what looks like a small smile.
    "Here it rains for one week a year, in the very heart of winter. Less than 250 millimetres of water or ten inches of rain fall over the entire desert. Instantly water is leeched away into the sands and buried in underground pockets where the sand is cool enough to prevent it from evaporating. Closer to the mountains there is an oasis where water is trapped from the occasional storm and stored in a pocket of stone. Right now it contains about a cups worth of water."
    Pausing to make sure the Growlithe understands the difficulties of the lack of water here Visiyn goes on.
    "The only way to retrieve water from the air or underground is through the cacti. A Cactus can be up to 90% water and many bear edible fruit. Cultivation of these cacti is how my species survives. During the day we rest among them to defend them from thieves. If even a single one is disturbed..." Here his golden eyes fall on Crescent. "Enough water to feed three is lost. Punishment for such a crime is for the lost water to be replaced by the water carried in the intruder."
    A flicker of root around his stubby hand shows how this may be achieved and his grin grows all the wider as he steps out into the sands. Already with the sun going down the once searing hot grains of dirt are now pleasantly warm to the touch.

The Desert Guide bowed again to the ancient idol in respect for the pokemon of the before times before returning it to the pokeball at his waist. Removing the dark glasses from his eyes and tucking them over his head covering the human looked down on the Outskirt Stand from atop the smooth peak of a desert dune. The air was still, for a few moments at least, and the evening air was cool but dry.
    His boots, things with durable but thin soles, made small crunching noises on the sand as he climbed his way down towards the building.
    His hand hovered near the daggers sheathed at his side, each one made of the bright red wing feathers of a desert Skarmony. The sharp thorns of the flying type's nest hardened each to a deadly cutting point.
    His jade eyes pick up the shape emerging from the Stand and the gleam of golden yellow eyes in the dark.
    One not struck by this taint then.
    Standing tall and thorny bodied like a person made of the desert plants itself the Cacturne stood silhouetted in the door.
    Still a few feet away from the door Dhakwhan recalled his own Cacturne and bent down.
    His fingers, darkly gloved by the fine membrane of an Accelegor, dipped into the dry sands and as he rose he let the fine grains trickle from between his fingers.
    We are the same. The gesture said. Our enemy is not each other but the hungry sands.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:14 pm

45 | 45

Listening intently to Visiyn's colorful explanation had Phantom memorized. The Cacturne had so much knowledge that he could only imagine! There was a firm lesson in the words that he could only nod to to show his understanding. It might as well of been dumb luck that allowed them to make it to the Stand, the bits of information he had picked up from visiting humans only went so far. He may of been utterly enthralled but Artemis' eyes reflected bright distress along with her stiff body. It wasnt the mention of water that did it but the fact the dual type seemed almost proud to 'take it back' if someone harmed a single cactus. She shrank a bit closer to the Growlithe, shivers running down her spine that only cause her to feel warmer from the twitching of her muscles.

It only lasted a moment as Phantom padded after visiyn, curious if the Cacturne would show him more desert secrets outside. His paws tingled with excitement a the chance of watching the grass type in his home, doing what only first hand experience could really teach. As he approached his ear twitched, an odd sound barely registering, making him stop. Visiyn stood so still in the doorway it was rather unnerving. Taking one more step forward, gingerly placing his paw down, he asks tentatively, "Is something out there?" The only thing that comes to mind is ether another undead or maybe a sandstorm? If it was the latter they better prepare quickly.

Artemis peaked her ears at Phantom's voice. Was another fight about to happen? The cuts and scratches on her body blaze with pain at the thought of another session of battle. Scrabbling back onto the bench the Vaporeon carefully looks through the edge of the window, acting sneaky though her large fins prevented such action. The edge of a shadowy shape approaching catches her eye causing a quiet gasp before she ducked her head below the rim of the window. That was the last thing they needed! Taking a deep breathe with a narrowed gaze she prepares to look again.
    Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Duma Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:42 am

Outskirt Stand~Late Afternoon~66
    Crescent silently peered out from behind Visiyn. She watched as a dark shape emerged from the sand. squinting her eyes to peer at it, she noticed what it probably was, and her eyes widened. "Holy Arceus..." She whispered, blinking to make sure she wasn't seeing things. If she was correct, that thing she saw was a human. Oh My Arceus an actual human! She thought, dumbstruck. How had a human survived?! Impossible... But then again, it could also be a hoax, just like that Zoroark...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:28 am