Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

4 posters

War & Countries

Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

War & Countries Empty War & Countries

Post by Snitch Thu May 10, 2012 12:38 pm

Having recently been inspired by ‘War Horse’, I’m considering creating a character with strong links to war – but I soon realized that I have no idea if there has ever been mention of war in the history of pokémon?

I know that we’re asked to stay canon to the games, but with all manner of other non-game mentioning in the variety of character profiles here, I was wondering how far-fetched war really was. I would avoid naming specific countries to avoid any possible offense, and could even use fictional places if necessary.

This brings me onto another question about the pokémon world in general. What lies beyond the six specified regions? Are we permitted to make links to other countries, considering many characters on the site have certain accents (Australian, English, French etc...)?

On reflection, this might seem a kind of stupid query, so I apologize if I’ve wasted anyone’s time by posting here. Hopefully, what I’ve written actually makes sense and I’d be grateful for any feedback. ^^;

Thanks ~
    Anonymous

War & Countries Empty Re: War & Countries

Post by Guest Thu May 10, 2012 12:53 pm

As for war, other than a war between team Magma/Team Aqua, or any combination of the antagonistic groups shown in the game, it would be hard to suddenly put a war out of nowhere. Though i've got to admit, it would be an interesting factor.

Unless you wish to make a pokemon that is into past wars because in the Ho-Oh/Lugia mythology, they did mention a sort of civil war that broke out a long time ago which ended up burning the towers and making both legends flee their old homes.

As for the mentions of real world regions, I know that in the red/blue/yellow pokedex entry for Arcanine, there is mentions of China, something like in China they are seen as a symbol of good luck... But that was the first generation, so they used mentions of real world things all over the place....

((Just throwing that out if it helps, but an admin would need to check to make sure >.<)))
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Suicune
    Suicune
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Suicune Thu May 10, 2012 2:39 pm

The games don't say anything about them, the animes is...vague at best...

The sinister teams in the games are all crime syndicates, so I doubt what they do could be considered war.

It is possible to use real-life wars and history.
    The pokemon world is essentially just different regions of Japan, so it stands to reason that there are other countries out there that are consistent with the real one.
    For example, Lt. Surge is probably American.

It would be acceptable to assume pokemon come from all over the globe, as they are essentially just replacing real-life animals with fictional ones. Just make it believable and canon as possible.
    No overpowered warlords or anything either. >>

Mewtwo can of course guide you all when you submit as well.

It is important to note that it has been mentioned in the animes that pokemon were often used in battles, much like horses, elephants etc were used in real life.
    Of course, we're not going off the anime, but it does give us a better idea of how the world works at times.

Suicune
    Founding Admin

Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu May 10, 2012 8:33 pm

There has been war in Pokemon, in Unova.

Got this straight from Bulbapedia!
    The Tao trio, sometimes called the energy trio, is the collective term used to refer to the three powerful legendary Pokémon of the Unova Region: Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem. According to Unova myths, the legendary trio was created during the war plaguing the region.

See? Right there! lol. The last sentence says that they were created during a war. So there ya go!

And in the game it says that they split apart when the brothers started the war.

((Here's the link to the page, too.))
    Drago
    Drago
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Drago Thu May 10, 2012 9:37 pm

Technically, Lt. Surge was a soldier, was he not?
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Fri May 11, 2012 12:58 am

Wow, such a great response! Slightly ashamed I don’t know pokémon better, though. ^^;
    Thanks for all your help, it’s really cleared up these topics for me ~

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:47 pm