Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the outbreak.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?


Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Catalyst. The Banner was made by Lady Silverfishes. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.


Support our staff!



(ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Share
avatar
Maximum
Elite
Elite

Age : 24
Posts : 402

Re: (ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Post by Maximum on Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:41 pm

Route 11/Late Morning [48]

The poor child was so confused, and Thorn wasn't sure how to explain. Especially with the two Pokemon sitting right there. He could feel her hiding behind the large red crest, and he felt his protectiveness spike. She mumbled, "I don't understand... If they don't like each other?"

Unfortunately, all he could say was, "It's... complicated. Just be careful, okay?" People who smile to hide their true intentions were familiar to him, but the concept had been a harsh lesson in life. Hopefully Bell wouldn't have to suffer when she learned.

The others finished their eating and disposed of cans. He noticed that the sea dragon had grabbed a second can, but before he could contemplate grabbing a second can, Saferi had decided to move, "We should move out. Lest we waste time with more conversation." Even though he should have eaten more, he couldn't deny that the awkward tension was getting to him, and the sooner they took care of Saferi's business, the sooner they could do whatever on the boat and he could leave. While he enjoyed Bell and Aqua, the Huntail and her "friend" weren't the kind of Pokemon who liked company. Maybe he could take the two smaller Pokemon away with him...

Saferi barked out an order to Aqua, "Bring the rest of the food. It'd be a waste to leave it all the way out here." While that was true, he wondered where they were going to put those cans while they dealt with the Phione. He figured she must have a plan for it, so he kept his mouth shut on the matter.

The Floatzel was quick to pick up their stash and did a once over to make sure she didn't leave anything. "All accounted for." While he waited for her to finish, he uncoiled his long body to prepare to leave.

Then Saferi turned to him and ordered,"You said you got the Seaking? Good, grab it and we'll be set."

He winced as he realized that she had misunderstood what he had done. He followed her out though. He would have to anyway. "Oh... I didn't drag it here, but I can go get it quickly. I know the way back." He glanced upwards in Bell's general direction, "You can come, if you want, Bell, just hold on tight." He was dreading having to carry that thing in his mouth, but he couldn't ask Aqua to come along when she was so burdened already. Maybe he could uproot some kelp to help with later plans.
avatar
Dandelion
Centurion
Centurion

Age : 22
Posts : 1739

Re: (ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Post by Dandelion on Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:42 am


Route 11 | Late Morning | 8


Finished with his meal but still wrapped up in his thoughts Sanngetall slouched back on himself. Tilting back he angled himself to be more horizontal, his wide fins drifting lazily in front of him. This was not what he was expecting at all. Saferi was still the bitch he knew but this, this weakness? The more he thought about it the more her response seemed to be in fear. Yes, she was pissed at him for bringing up such things, but why turn away? Why not just go for it straight off? Gods man, Ive been duped. He was going to have to work for his prize, wasn't he.

"We should move out," Saferi told them. "Lest we waste time with more conversation." Righting himself the seahorse remained quiet as she addressed the first Pokemon but as she got to the second his couldn't hold his curiosity. "You said you got the Seaking? Good, grab it and we'll be set." A Seaking? The fuck did that mean? You sickos got some sort of prisoner and didn't tell me? I'm hurt! But the Gyarados' reply didn't quite fit his thought. "Oh... I didn't drag it here, but I can go get it quickly. I know the way back." Drag it? He hadn't seen much of the Gyarados' personality but neither he or the Floatzel seemed like the dark humor type. "A Seaking?" He asks briskly. "What for?" He kept to to the side of the group of Pokemon as he followed along, relishing the taste of saltwater as it brushed his gills. From here they could go anywhere. Man, this was getting more elaborate by the second.
avatar
Dandelion
Centurion
Centurion

Age : 22
Posts : 1739

Re: (ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Post by Dandelion on Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:59 pm


Route 11 Edge | Late Morning
Saferi - Forty-nine || Bell - Eighty-one


As Saferi snaked her way forward her mind couldn't help but fast forward their operation. Pack your bags you demon spawn. Soon she would have her home back, and all these Pokemon would mean nothing to her once more. It'll be peaceful once again, with no ne to bother me once those little shites are lured- Her own thoughts stop suddenly at a realization. Somehow the eel had forgotten her own plan, that while the Seaking was the initial bait her own hunting was not meant to feed herself. ...shit. The river's mouth babbles ahead of them, growing closer and closer. This place was meant to be their rest stop but it was also to keep her own hunting grounds fertile. How could I be so absentminded. Her mistake would cost her future energy, but if it meant clearing out this problem once and for all she would have to take it.

The faint tinge of saltwater brushes her gills as the open ocean stretches before them. Maybe we could grab something out here. They'd have to look for a suitable area, or some idiot swimming around without purpose. No, it'd take too long. They wouldn't have much choice then, since she wasted so much time.. "A Seaking? What for?" Sanngetall questions, out of the loop. Maybe he had a store of food? His makeshift den sure showed that he did.

"It's bait!" Bell chirped at the creep, grateful for the confidence Thorn gave her. If it wasn't for him she'd probably be scared stiff. "And I helped think of how to move it, hehe." Sure, it had been an accident, but she still helped! And cause of that we'll be able to explore the boat! Oh she couldn't wait, still! "Yeah," Saferi muttered, seemingly responding to her. Bell's head swiftly turns to attention, ready to catch whatever the eel is about to say as they breech into the ocean. Saltwater swarmed her gills, and for a moment she thinks she can see joy on the Huntail's face. If its real or just the momentary disorientation, she does not know.

There is a small pause as Saferi lets the ocean water through her gills. Despite the salt it tastes fresh, clean, and normal. "But we don't have the rest, since their was none." Her golden eyes shoot daggers at the seahorse but her voice holds no grudge. "We will need to make a stop in the kelp fields. They might not hold much but we will need that prey." Turning her gaze toward Aqua Saferi's sight lingers on her hat for a moment. "Unless we want to use our actual larder." "No!" Bell gasps, horrified. She may not of known that word but the context was enough. "That's for us!"
avatar
NyraXerz
Primary Artist
Primary Artist

Age : 25
Posts : 692

Re: (ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Post by NyraXerz on Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:18 pm



|Vermillion City|Late Morning|67|


"Oh... I didn't drag it here, but I can go get it quickly. I know the way back." With Thorn's hesitant response, it clicks for Aqua. Wasn't she the only one actually about to hold the corpse? That is, while being able to keep it any distance away from her face. "Oh... I didn't drag it here, but I can go get it quickly. I know the way back." "Well, I reckon I should be lending you a hand with that." She injects before they leave to retrieve it. "Carrying that thing in your mouth will make you swimmy-headed." She comments while subconsciously shifting the cans she is already carrying.

Looking down at her hands, she looks nervously at the remaining cans. She couldn't do both easily... "Think this stuff will be safe in that little tunnel we found the other day, won't it? We can go there directly; then see to the seaking." Aqua asks, looking briefly from Thorn to Saferi for their input in the matter. Lost in her own thoughts before, she missed their short conversation to fill the newcomer in. "Unless we want to use our actual larder. Huh? The floatzel looks down at her hat, getting her meaning several seconds later. "I don't know if we should be fixin' to use this Ms. Saferi. Wouldn't you think them undead would be able to sniff this out from the real stuff?"

She looks skeptically through their pile of rations at each of the pictures adorning the cans. True, some had pictures of human-cooked meat and, yes, she thought they tasted good, but it was no fresh kill. "If ya'll think this stuff would tempt them I say we pop a can for them. Would save us time."


_________________



"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always gotten there first, and is waiting for it."
Larka's Art Shop
Sketchbook
avatar
Maximum
Elite
Elite

Age : 24
Posts : 402

Re: (ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Post by Maximum on Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:53 am

Route 11/Late Morning [49]

Thorn was grateful that Aqua spoke up and offered, "Well, I reckon I should be lending you a hand with that. Carrying that thing in your mouth will make you swimmy-headed." He couldn't agree more, though he was wondering how she was going to manage dragging the corpse while already carrying the cans. Regardless, if he could get out of having a rotting corpse in his mouth, he was going to take it.

Sanngetall asked, "A Seaking? What for?" Oh. To an outsider, what they had been talking about must have sounded really strange or really bad. It didn't seem like the sea dragon was particularly perturbed about the discussion, so that was good at least. Or maybe it wasn't, for it could speak of a character that was far too used to violence. Even though Sanngetall had started off on the wrong foot for Thorn, the Gyarados was trying not to make too many assumptions yet.

Bell was quick to answer the question, "It's bait!" Her confidence and enthusiasm were returning, and he smiled at the child's improving mood. Hopefully she could stay that way. She also added in, "And I helped think of how to move it, hehe."

He chuckled a little and responded, "Sure did."

Saferi had a little more to say, but she did agree, "Yeah, But we don't have the rest, since their was none. We will need to make a stop in the kelp fields. They might not hold much but we will need that prey." She glanced at the cans that Aqua was carrying before she suggested, "Unless we want to use our actual larder."

Bell was a little horrified at the thought, "No! That's for us!"

Aqua must have had a similar thought as Thorn about what she was carrying, for she asked, "Think this stuff will be safe in that little tunnel we found the other day, won't it? We can go there directly; then see to the seaking." In response to the conversation, she said, "I don't know if we should be fixin' to use this Ms. Saferi. Wouldn't you think them undead would be able to sniff this out from the real stuff?" Honestly, Thorn had no idea. He knew that undead liked moving things and bleeding things, but anything else was a big question mark. "If ya'll think this stuff would tempt them I say we pop a can for them. Would save us time."

((I hope I got the order of the dialogue right. Fell asleep trying to get this post done, and then had to scramble to finish it before leaving. If anything needs to be altered, I can edit later.))
avatar
Dandelion
Centurion
Centurion

Age : 22
Posts : 1739

Re: (ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Post by Dandelion on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:32 pm


Route 11 Edge | Late Morning | 9


"It's bait!" The child squealed with an obnoxious amount of enthusiasm. "And I helped think of how to move it, hehe." By all accounts it was sounding more and more like this thing was dead, undead, or close to it. "Is that so." He snorts, brushing his fins forward so the saltwater can move over his wounds and gills more forcefully. Why would that make a kid so excited? Was it just that she helped or was this some sort of fucked up parenting that he could get behind? "Sure did." The Gyarados confirms with a grin. "I see," he mutters, tilting his head to the side. "And yall need it as bait?" Saferi mentioned an infestation but wouldn't the kid make for a better lure?

"Yeah," Saferi cuts the kid off from further pride. "But we don't have the rest, since there was none." Oh, that's the reason she was upriver looking for prey? "Gimme a break." He shrugs. "I cleaned that place out ages before yall got here." Despite the closest thing to an apology she would get out of him the eel's gaze pierces his scaly body, the intensity burrowing through him like a hot knife. "We will need to make a stop in the kelp fields. They might not hold much but we will need that prey. Unless we want to use our actual larder."

The implication takes a few moments to hit the weasel, but when it does her face falls into something adorably upset. "I don't know if we should be fixin' to use this Ms. Saferi. Wouldn't you think them undead would be able to sniff this out from the real stuff?" Her reluctance to use her spoils is evident and, strangely enough, he could see why, but its the other thing she said that catches the Dragalge's attention. Her place is infested with undead. Instantly he shoots Saferi an aggravated glance. Well, she had certainly dicked him over. Sanngetall swishes one fin to turn himself, ready to make his exit, but his eyes linger on the Floatzel for a moment longer and he can't pull them away from her contemplating face. God fuuuuck. With two prizes in his grasp maybe this didn't have to be a tribulation? One last look at Aqua seals his fate, turning his tail chase into a double booty hunt.

Shaking his head slightly he half-sighs, half-laughs until he is giving a weak chuckle. "You guys are hunting undead? Baiting them? What the fuck even." The chuckle grows more hearty as the seahorse drifts toward the center of the group. "I don't know what the hell you would want to do that for, but man that shit wont do jack." He points his snout toward the upturned hat. "Undead like blood, no matter what. Fresh, old, they are on that shit. I've seen them rip into corpses, its fucking brutal!" The laugh dies back with a deep exhale. "Just hunt some shit in, you said 'kelp beds' or some shit? Fucking easy." He turns, kicking his tail so he was heading back toward his spot, but casually throws his head over his shoulder to eye the Floatzel. "We don't wanna make that pretty face sad, now do we?"
avatar
Dandelion
Centurion
Centurion

Age : 22
Posts : 1739

Re: (ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Post by Dandelion on Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:51 pm


Vermilion Harbor [Kelp Beds] | Late Morning
Saferi - Fifty || Bell - Eighty-two


"They can tell," Saferi replied to the Floatzel. "But food is food to ravenous demons." They didn't have as much shit as she would of liked. Even if they used the whole lot it would be scent only that attracts the critters; a pile of slop did little for things that could only identify living beings. Guess its a good thing that stuff reeks like a sun-baked Wailord carcass. "B-but its ours!" The child continued to whine. "Aqua and I went through a lot of trouble to get that food. Really scary trouble!" "Tough luck, kid." She grunts back, already sick of her shrill cries. The Poliwag's brow furrowed even further, her flat tail slashing through the water as she spoke. "But that's not fair! Those things won't even say thank you, or share! And and then we won't have any left after all that work!"

The eel's body slowed in her pursuit forward. It didn't matter. As soon as those things were eradicated feeding these bottomless pits would be none of her concern. No matter how far she had to go she could feed herself, and with her home purged she could even work on forming a larder. "You guys are hunting undead? Baiting them? What the fuck even." Sanngetall interrupts her humorous thought. "So are you." Saferi reminded him sternly. "I don't know what the hell you would want to do that for, but man that shit wont do jack. Undead like blood, no matter what. Fresh, old, they are on that shit. I've seen them rip into corpses, its fucking brutal!"

Stopping completely the eel made an arc to look back at him. The dual type had a point. Even if they smelled the canned food at least three of them were wounded. Any blood coming from them would be more enticing. "Just hunt some shit in, you said 'kelp beds' or some shit? Fucking easy." Pushing a sigh out through her gills Saferi's tail-tip flicked back and forth, annoyed. "Yeah? Well, seeing how you caused this issue you will hunt the majority."

The seahorse makes one more comment to which she ignores, her focus returning on the groups movement back toward her home. With a fast pace they pass the rocky edges of Route 11 without much to note. As the first strands of long, blissful kelp come into view her minds returns to Sanngetall's mentioning of blood. Would the Phione switch targets if they sustained wounds? Her own side twinged, the poisonous brushing feeling irritated. "Don't shred the fish." She growls to no direct target, but the kid once again is out to interrupt her. "The kelp!" She gasps, leaping from Thorn's crests to go play in the tall weeds again. "Yeah.." Was her life truly so blithe? "And we should probably move her away."
avatar
NyraXerz
Primary Artist
Primary Artist

Age : 25
Posts : 692

Re: (ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Post by NyraXerz on Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:31 pm



|Vermilion Harbor [Kelp Beds]|Late Morning|68|


Aqua watches silently as the seahorse seems to hesitate. Then, she feels eyes on her, the fur on the back of her neck prickling up in response. She meets his eyes for a moment before he moves on. "You guys are hunting undead? Baiting them? What the fuck even." He didn't know they were clearing out undead? How little did Saferi tell him about what they are actually up against? Not that anyone could really be ready for an infestation that strong... "Undead like blood, no matter what. Fresh, old, they are on that shit. I've seen them rip into corpses, its fucking brutal!"

"He's right..." Aqua starts, but falters when she sees Saferi annoyed tail flickering. The feeling of someone watching her returns and she turns her head in time to catch Sanngetail's gaze again. "We don't wanna make that pretty face sad, now do we?" The floatzel's brow furrows into a pointed look, her mouth ajar to start a comeback that she decides against. Without another word the eel then turns and takes off to lead them back to the kelp beds and Aqua follows. The swaying greenery coming into view not long after they begin their trek through the rocky Route 11.

Once long enough strands come into view Aqua floats along the edge of the group, sizing up potential ones. Satisfied after tugging on several and finding them strong, she tears them free and begins to loop them over her arm. "The kelp!" She hears Bell cry enthusiastically. Some things never changed. "And we should probably move her away." That's right...they would have to do that... She thinks to herself as she swims her way back to the thick of the group towards Bell. "Come along Ms. Bell. We have to stay along here while they work." She says sweetly, trying to usher the child closer to where they entered and further from where they would begin hunting.


_________________



"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always gotten there first, and is waiting for it."
Larka's Art Shop
Sketchbook
avatar
Maximum
Elite
Elite

Age : 24
Posts : 402

Re: (ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Post by Maximum on Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:36 pm

Route 11/Late Morning [50]

Between the bickering and debates, Thorn didn't really have much room to speak, so instead he focused on moving forward. They had a job to do hopefully before the day finished. While he understood why Bell would be upset at losing the food she and Aqua had tried so hard to find, if it was possible they wouldn't have to shed any more blood, he would go with it. Unfortunately, it looked like they were going to have to hunt any way. He didn't hear exactly what Sanngetall said to Aqua, but the tone brought his attention back to the group fully. The sea dragon's voice caused a crawling sensation under his scales that brought back unpleasant memories. People who creepily stared at his trainer, if they even had the gall to speak to her, had that tone.

When the swaying green plants came back into view, Bell was quick to jump off of his head to play near the edge of the kelp beds. She playfully cried, "The kelp!"

Saferi, showing an unexpected consideration for the child, said, "And we should probably move her away."

Aqua had picked a few strands of kelp for their purposes already, but she floated back at Saferi's statement to say, "Come along Ms. Bell. We have to stay along here while they work." She tried to usher the child further away from the kelp itself so that she would be safe from what she could end up seeing, or, as Thorn's eyes flicked back towards Sanngetall, she could end up a target either intentionally or unintentionally.

Thorn had a feeling that he might be expected to go in and help the predators accumulate kills, but he knew he couldn't. Due to Magikarp being able to eat almost anything, he never really gave up eating whatever he could that wasn't meat. Being in a trainer's party further lessened whatever predatory instincts he had. On top of that, he had caused a massive ruckus in there earlier, so it was likely that if he went any further, he would cause everything to go back into hiding. Again. Decision made, he settled himself on the edge and said, "Yeah, I'm gonna hang out here, too. Good luck, you two." He wasn't particularly enthused at what was going to happen next, but he promised to help where he could...
avatar
Dandelion
Centurion
Centurion

Age : 22
Posts : 1739

Re: (ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Post by Dandelion on Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:01 pm


Route 11 Edge | Late Morning | 10


The waters here are much warmer. The taste of other fish hung heavy on the current, a clear sign of a communal area of food and feed. "Yeah? Well, seeing how you caused this issue you will hunt the majority." The seahorse shrugged, letting his gaze slide casually to the eel. He would have no trouble hunting here. "Whatever floats your saucy little boat, my deep sea anemone." Swishing his wide tail he makes an arc and heads into the kelp, his pace only slowed by one last instruction. "Don't shred the fish." While he gives no acknowledgement of Saferi's last words Sanngetall's brow furrows as he starts to swivel his eyes in search of prey. I cant mess 'em up? Fuck, I might as well bring shit back alive. Yeah, cause that would go over swimmingly. Whatever. Its not like they were going to be eating these things, so he could do whatever the fuck he wanted.

Drifting his way forward the seahorse went further and further along, tasting for the slightest hint of a nearby creature. He ends up pretty far afield, the others long gone from his senses before anything seems to show up. His sharp sanguine eyes spot the motion before his gills as a reddish shape burrows quickly into the sand beneath several kelp clumps. Its movements are hurried, panicked even, but skillful as the sand nestles neatly on top of it instead of clouding up into the water. It was go time. "Oh, Mama," he starts to hum, sauntering his way to the spot. "I'm in fear for my life from the long arm of the law.." The sand gives no motion, as though he had only imagined the shifting, but he keeps moving closer and closer until he is right on top of it. Smell betrays the creature, its taste seeping through the sand as the Dragalge circles above the bundle of weeds. "Hangman is comin' down from the gallows and I don't have very long.."

He freezes, waiting several heartbeats in one place before giving a sudden strike. "The jig is up!" He shrieks, voice rising as he slams his tail down on the sand with a quick flip and sends the particles flying. A small depression forms in the peachy flecks, the red shell of his target visible as a claw shoots up to grab him. Expecting it, his thin body easily contorts out of the way and clamps around the Krabby's thin arm. "The news is out!" With flawless timing his yanks it from the sand and wraps himself around it like a snake. "They've finally found me." He near whines as it shoots a Bubblebeam at his face. Angling his snout away the Dragalge swims upward, and feigns extreme pain as the crab's other pincer sinks into his tail by releasing his hold. It holds for a moment, but seeing an opportunity the River Crab loosens its grip and uses its own bubble stream to launch itself away and back toward the sand.

Sannge's eyes glint, his now bulging snout turned back toward the Krabby as he fires his Sludge Bomb down on top of it. "The renegade who had it made." He cackles triumphantly for each moments the creature is lost beneath the thick purple goo. Finally it skitters out, flailing in pain as its joints were reddening with seeping toxins, but the predator was waiting. "Retrieved for a bounty." Swinging his shining purple around its edges are like knives as the Poison Tail slashes right behind the crab's eyes. The shell cracks around the site, its brain falling victim to the strike. For a few more moments it contorts and gurgles, then it falls still in the pool of bile. With a snort Sannge hooks its arm over his fin and looks for a place to make his cache. "I fucking skipped some lines."


(Im starting the new year violently ill so sorry if this post is.. well shit lol.)
avatar
Dandelion
Centurion
Centurion

Age : 22
Posts : 1739

Re: (ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Post by Dandelion on Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:18 pm


Vermilion Harbor [Kelp Beds] | Late Morning
Saferi - Fifty-one || Bell - Eighty-three


The Poliwag, still playing blissfully in the plants, frowned at Aqua's call. "Come along Ms. Bell. We have to stay along here while they work." "But why!" She protested while swimming closer to the weasel. "It's not like I'll get in their ways." She was just gonna play with the kelp and splash around, not do... whatever it was they were doing! Sighing, she settles herself by Aqua, and watches as the seahorse drifts away into the blue water. This seemed strange to her, that he was so calm and confident in his direction. Did he know where he was going? This place was a wonderland but sure seemed like a forest as well. If he wasn't careful the guy could get lost or something. Swishing her tail Bell watches the sand beneath her cloud up into the water. Boy, that sure didn't sound fun.

"Either of you in or what?" Saferi questioned, but Bell thought her voice seemed oddly distracted. The Huntail wasn't as enthusiastic about the kelp as she was, so what could she possibly be thinking about? "Yeah, I'm gonna hang out here, too. Good luck, you two." Thorn answered her, coming closer to the remaining group. "Suit yourself." Saferi mumbled back with a shrug before turning and snaking her way off into the plants. Though Bell watched carefully the eel seemed to vanish in an instant. However, unlike Sanngetall, she lived here and knew her way around. Does that mean she knows the best hiding places? She had to be the best at hide-and-seek!

That little bit of entertainment faded just as quickly as Saferi though, and soon the tadpole was feeling antsy and bored. Springing off from her spot she made a tight but slow spiral around the nearest strand of kelp, and counted how many revolutions it took before she reached the surface of the water. With a giggle she flipped, splashing the surface as she charged back down to the bottom and noticed the strands that Aqua was holding. "How do you know which ones are right?" She asked, prodding the kelp she had just circled. "Arent they all the same?"


Saferi moved forward with determination in her path, gills flaring for the slightest scent. Over-hunting was a massive concern, with the previous days feeding and todays double down hot on her mind the Huntail knew she would have to rotate her hunting ground. It'll be worth it. No matter how far out she had to go it would beat having to deal with the Phione ever again, or having travel an unknown distance to find a knew home. Her gills push, picking up vivid scent of a nearby school. Today they would be sacrificed, but she would not be the one to feed like a queen.


(For the sake of pacing Saferi and Sannge will be back next round.)
avatar
NyraXerz
Primary Artist
Primary Artist

Age : 25
Posts : 692

Re: (ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Post by NyraXerz on Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:57 pm



|Vermilion Harbor [Kelp Beds]|Late Morning|69|


Aqua watches both the eel and the seahorse slick away from view. She herself making no move to join the hunt. They didn't need that much prey, the two of them would do fine without her help. After all, someone had to stay and help watch Bell. "Yeah, I'm gonna hang out here, too. Good luck, you two." She looks up at the gyrados with surprise, noting that Thorn seems a little nervous to be saying so. Regardless, she doesn't mention this to him and instead turns her focus back on Bell who spirals around the kelp and surface before plummeting back down.

"How do you know which ones are right?" The child asks, prodding nearby kelp. "Well there's a lot of good kelp here, so it ain't hard." Aqua answers, drifting over to her glad to have a way to distract the child. "First we gotta find a big one. So you gotta look up and down." She instructs, doing so herself. "Make sure there's no rotten parts or tears. The ones we're looking for are nice and thick." Reaching out a hand, she takes hold of a nearby strand and gives a gentle tug. "Then like this one, they won't tear or disappoint when we start tying them around things. After that, all you gotta do is grip tightly and pull sideways." Nodding towards the out-stretched kelp held tight in her hands. "Want to give it a try?"


_________________



"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always gotten there first, and is waiting for it."
Larka's Art Shop
Sketchbook
avatar
Maximum
Elite
Elite

Age : 24
Posts : 402

Re: (ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Post by Maximum on Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:25 pm

Vermillion Harbor (Kelp Beds)/Late Morning [51]

Soon, Sanngetall and Saferi were out of sight, and then the boredom of waiting began. Thorn kept an eye out for any strangers approaching, but it didn't seem like anything was going to bother them. Bell began to play at the edge of the kelp forest, and Thorn found himself being far more entertained with her games than the quiet ocean. The Poliwag dove down and asked Aqua, "How do you know which ones are right? Arent they all the same?" Oh? He hadn't been paying attention to the Floatzel when she had grabbed the strands earlier, and now he was curious. He inclined his head towards the pair and listened to the explanation.  

Aqua said as she joined Bell by the edge of the kelp bed, "Well there's a lot of good kelp here, so it ain't hard." She acted out her instructions as she explained, "First we gotta find a big one. So you gotta look up and down. Make sure there's no rotten parts or tears. The ones we're looking for are nice and thick." Then she reached out and tugged at one for an example, "Then like this one, they won't tear or disappoint when we start tying them around things. After that, all you gotta do is grip tightly and pull sideways." Offering the one in hand to the Poliwag, she asked, "Want to give it a try?"

It was going to be interesting to see how the child would manage without any hands, but now he was tempted to try it out as well. He snaked his head toward the kelp and looked for a strand that would work, and after intently staring at one particular plant, he tried to delicately grab it in his mouth. Needless to say, this was easier said than done given his incredibly sharp fangs, and his first attempt ended in shreds. He winced when he noticed how terribly he failed, and told the other water types, "Yeah... I'm just gonna leave that to you guys. Much better at it than me."
avatar
Dandelion
Centurion
Centurion

Age : 22
Posts : 1739

Re: (ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Post by Dandelion on Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:56 pm


Route 11 [Kelp Beds] | Late Morning | 11


"I'm not a charity case," The Dragalge hums loudly while batting a dead Magikarp forward with his tail. The stupid thing had swam straight past him, as though he never even existed. Hell, its fucking tail bopped the side of his head! He had caught more than his fair share of prey but this last one was just asking to die. No one past him without even a passing glance; he was too gorgeous not to take notice of.

Drifting forward with his ever present saunter the seahorse easily weaved in hard smacks to push the Magikarp along as he made his way back to his storage while he sang. "I'll take those long nights, impossible odds." The thick toxins that covered the area had dissipated from view, but their rancid taste still clung to the water. The seaweed he had hit were now suffering, their leaves appearing burnt, blackened, or even torn apart. The sludge marred the sand, and along with all the damaged plants it left a clear sign to any opportunistic scavengers that this place was not safe.  

As he approached with not a care in the world the Dragalge knew no one had been to his cache. The sand on his kills did not look disturbed, the shiny eyes of his prey he left exposed still showing the horror they did in death. It was truly blissful. "Keeping my eye to the keyhole." He cheers, turning himself in a vertical ring so he could drive his tail deep in the sand. With force beneath them a flood of bodies tumble limply out of the sand and rain about him like snow. "If it takes all that to be just what I am."
"Well, I'm gonna be a blue collar man."

Sweeping them together with his fins Sanngetall attempts to collect his prey. The bodies collide awkwardly, their streamlines builds preventing proper grouping in the watery world. Flicking his fins forward and back while pushing with his tail the seahorse did his best to form a clump of fish. Eventually, after much struggling, he managed to wrap his fins around the ball of prey while using his head and body to carefully keep it together. With nothing but his tail to propel him forward Sannge swam at a slow, delicate pace.

He continued to hum, cycling through several songs until he could see their meeting place once more. Kicking up the pace he sped forward, the ball of fish becoming unstable in the process. "Hey baby's, I'm back~" He coos loudly with delight as he lets the pile of fresh kills fall from his fins and scatter all around him. Some had fallen behind him, though must were in front. "Sorry 'bout the mess. I don't really have any hands to carry my goods with." Not like it mattered. His job was to catch the prey, not transport it.
avatar
Dandelion
Centurion
Centurion

Age : 22
Posts : 1739

Re: (ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Post by Dandelion on Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:41 pm


Vermilion Harbor [Kelp Beds] | Late Morning
Saferi - Fifty-two || Bell - Eighty-four


"Well there's a lot of good kelp here, so it ain't hard." Bell tilts her head sideways so far her entire body flips over and she must right herself once more. A lot of its good? That still meant some of its bad, and for the most part it all looked the same to her. A couple of stocks were short, and others very, very brown and obviously rotten. Aside from those though the kelp all seemed to be alike. Did that mean it was all up to par? "First we gotta find a big one. So you gotta look up and down." With a nod Bell swam between nearby strands, looking them up and down for defects. Many had torn leaves, possibly from fish swimming through them, and others weren't quite thick enough in their stocks.

Some of the kelp looked quite inciting, and Bell really wanted to see what Aqua thought, but as the weasel found her own strand the Poliwag couldn't help but waggle her way over to examine it. "Then like this one, they won't tear or disappoint when we start tying them around things. After that, all you gotta do is grip tightly and pull sideways." She gripped it and tugged, showing the child what to do as she watched with wide eyes. How was she so sure it wouldn't break? It looked healthy and green, but plants were delicate, and roughing them up could be a really bad idea. Nerves tickle their way down her body, unsure if this was a good idea, but freeze up as Aqua offers, "Want to give it a try?"

"Ooooh, yeah yeah yeah!" She squealed, paddling close enough that she could clamp her mouth around the plant's stock. Kicking hard with her tail and feet the youth tugged and pulled on the plant with all her might. Alone, she probably couldn't have uprooted it, but thanks to Aqua's initial jerk the base of the plant started to peek its way out of the sand.
While this action was taking all of her attention something else was happening nearby. As the water current shifts with movement Bell's brown eyes peak upward at the motions of the red shape. At first she thought Thorn was leaving, going to do important Gyarados things, but when she saw the tatters of kelp before his maw she couldn't help but burst out in laughter. Her own stand, now freed from her mouth, drifts idly back into place but she pays it no mind as she is overtaken by her own laughter. "You aren't supposed to tear it, Mr Thorn!" She giggles, pushing her feet upward until the are close to blocking her mouth. "You gotta grab it! Or you could even just nip it off!"

Bell tried to pull on the kelp again, but as she continued to laugh it was impossible to get a good grip and pull. The fun was cut short, however, as someone else speaks unexpectedly, immediately drawing in the child's attention. "Hey baby's, I'm back~" Bell turns her smiling face to him, his creep factor forgotten by the cheerful greeting, but instantly regrets it. "Sorry 'bout the mess. I don't really have any hands to carry my goods with." Before the seahorse is a shower of... bodies. It was like a scene from a horror movie; Pokemon of relative size to her, with horrified expressions and burn marks littering their bodies. While Aqua was closer Thorn's massive body made for a better wall and on her next inhale the Poliwag dives behind him. "What's going on?" She whimpers, finding it hard to breathe. The Gyarados' body may of blocked her view but image of the dead refused to leave her eyes.  


Hunting had been a great outlet for the eel's irritation. The grand size of her jaw allowed her to carry back a few Goldeen's and a Remoraid, but the size of her catch didn't matter. This was the best mood she had been in, by her standards, since being evicted. Her thoughts were clear, spirit bright, and mission clearer than ever. AS she got close to the group strong scents of death trickle into her sensitive nostrils. Sanngetall had not disappointed, but as her group came into view it seemed he was not making satisfaction easy for her. The kills were not neat, scattered haphazardly even, and while they were mostly intact as she asked the scents of his poisons were also present.

While her approach is silent Saferi makes no attempt to hide herself. When she is close enough she drops her catch gently in the sand and groans, "Must you always make a show of yourself." The Dragalge's behavior was the least of her worries though, and she ignores any further banter from him. Despite his audacity he had managed to gather a considerable haul that would allow the plan to continue unhindered. "This should suffice." The words are nearly praise, but not quite. It was too soon to cheer, and the dangers were still very much real. Blinking her golden eyes away from the dead and the toxic she huffs, looking at her other fighters. Were they ready for the plan ahead, or would they run away when risk got too high?

The eel had never been good with words. Naturally quiet, she always kept speeches or instructs brisk and to the point, but now she found it hard to even continue. Hesitating won't stop them. She told herself, trying to get on with it. "There was a lot of prey out today so the Phione are most likely sticking close to the ship." Hopefully they were staying inside it or they would have to make a wide arc to get past it. "With the school so close together they should swarm to the scent of this." She motioned to the kill with her tail. "We'll have to move fast once we start slicing it all. Everyone will need to be on their toes for stragglers and the unexpected." With a deep breath in she eyes the Gyarados and asks, "When will you be ready to commence the attack?"


((Saferi's dialogue just... nothing really seemed to fit? The plan was to have her go over the strategy but it didn't seem right for her to say it? Hopefully its something you both to work with >.<))
avatar
NyraXerz
Primary Artist
Primary Artist

Age : 25
Posts : 692

Re: (ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Post by NyraXerz on Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:17 pm



|Vermilion Harbor [Kelp Beds]|Late Morning|70|

Aqua watches Bell's antics gleefully, happy to have a distraction from the rest of their plan. The child twists and turns, looking at the kelp several times over before enthusiastically rushing toward to give it a try herself. When she feels the younger Pokemon start to pull, Aqua carefully pulls up harder as well to assist without throwing the other off. It doesn't take long for the mood to spoil though, as a too familiar voice each their ears. "Hey baby's, I'm back~" comes the sickly sweet tone, betraying no warning for the scene about to unfold before them.

Bodies. A whole lot of them, mangled and tainted with poison. The floatzel recoils with disgust at the seahorse's filthy prizes. Yes, she hunts too, but...not like this. Beside her, she hears Bell whimper and lunge to hide behind the much larger gyrados. Oh no...Bell wasn't suppose to be here for this! "Ms.Bell, we have to go...!" She urges, swimming forward to attempt to corral the child in the direction of the underwater cave they had rested in the day before.

"Phione are most likely sticking close to the ship....swarm to the scent of this...When will you be ready to commence the attack?"Saferi's words only half reach her ears as she grows more frantic in her attempt to get Bell from the scene. "Ms.Bell please, don't look. We need to head back to the cave, it will be safe there.


_________________



"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always gotten there first, and is waiting for it."
Larka's Art Shop
Sketchbook
avatar
Maximum
Elite
Elite

Age : 24
Posts : 402

Re: (ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Post by Maximum on Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:07 am

Vermillion Harbor (Kelp Beds)/Late Morning [52]

Thanks to a little subtle help from Aqua, Bell was making progress on pulling the kelp out, but she was soon distracted by his failed attempt. She began laughing so hard that it overtook her small form. "You aren't supposed to tear it, Mr Thorn!" Bell's laughter was contagious, and he smiled as she contained herself. While he was disappointed in his failure, he was glad that he had at least made the child laugh. She tried to instruct him, "You gotta grab it! Or you could even just nip it off!"

The lightened mood was dashed with Sanngetall's sickly smooth voice, "Hey baby's, I'm back~" When he properly appeared, the sea dragon suddenly dropped a massive amount of bodies in front of them. There was a strong taste of blood in the water mixed with something that made the Gyarados feel queasy. Considering the acid marks on some of the bodies, it was likely some kind of poison. On top of all this, many of the smaller fish had terror forever frozen in their eyes, and that sent a massive pang of guilt into Thorn. He hated it when people looked at him like that. He undertstood that some Pokemon were predators, and he tried not to think on it that much. However... this wasn't hunting for survival; it was hunting for bait. Was he a monster for letting this happen? He could have stopped the whole plan... But then what? He would have been forced to leave if he wasn't going to help, and company had been so hard to find... Sanngetall aplogized,  "Sorry 'bout the mess. I don't really have any hands to carry my goods with."

The barb of guilt was driven deaper when Bell hid behind him and whimpered out, "What's going on?" Oh... Shit. She wasn't supposed to see this. There were no words he could offer to her for comfort.

Dejectedly, all he could say was, "Hunting." He hated this. He should have thought this through, and it looked like the deal with the Seaking was all for naught. Even if he wasn't the instrument of destruction directly, he was still letting it happen.

Aqua jumped to action and called for the Poliwag, "Ms.Bell, we have to go...!" The Floatzel tried to corral the child away and likely towards the cave he had found them in. He hoped that she could be protected from the rest of this shitshow.

Saferi made a much less showy entrance, thankfully, and fussed at Sanngetall, "Must you always make a show of yourself." After looking at the macabre pile, she announced, "This should suffice. There was a lot of prey out today so the Phione are most likely sticking close to the ship. With the school so close together they should swarm to the scent of this. We'll have to move fast once we start slicing it all. Everyone will need to be on their toes for stragglers and the unexpected." As she went back over the plan, Thorn simply waited until she got to the part that involved him. Finally, she looked at him directly and asked, "When will you be ready to commence the attack?"

He gave an armless equivalent of a shrug, "Whenever you guys are, I guess." His good mood was mostly ruined, but he wasn't going to be rude. He asked, "How will I know to collapse the Gym when I'm outta the water? Don't wanna crush one of you." As far as he could remember, there was no mention of a signal, but maybe his memory was failing him.
avatar
Dandelion
Centurion
Centurion

Age : 22
Posts : 1739

Re: (ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Post by Dandelion on Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:26 pm


Vermilion Harbor [Kelp Beds] | Late Morning | 12


The kid screamed and a crooked smile wrinkles across his snout. That shit was funny, and he would of loved to kick up more trouble had the eel not returned with her negative demeanor. "Must you always make a show of yourself." She groans at him, and while he would of loved to prove her right Sanngetall's gaze was taken by her catch. Compared to him it was pitiful, pathetic even, though the quality of the kill was better. "Is that all you got? You're gettin' sloppy girl." While he was supposed to get the majority that didn't mean she could slack and bring back nothing but scraps.

Her eyes do not meet his, instead they go over each part of his haul with distinct scrutiny. "This should suffice." She mutters, acknowledging his greatness before veering the conversation somewhere else. "....We'll have to move fast once we start slicing it all. Everyone will need to be on their toes for stragglers and the unexpected." Spewing a short stream of bubbles from his snout the seahorse shrugs and lets himself drift side to side as he loses interest. Yeah yeah, kill the shit and get the girl. Saferi was sure making a big deal out of nothing. Couldn't they just get on with it?

"Whenever you guys are, I guess. How will I know to collapse the Gym when I'm outta the water? Don't wanna crush one of you."

What? Blinking his deep eyes the Dragalge perks in an instant. "What's this about collapsing a gym?" He questions with a quirked brow. He didn't remember that being on the table. Hell, the fuck did that have to do with hunting? "I thought this was an eradication mission, some good ol' beat down and hunting of pests. Why raze the town to the ground? I'm not against it, I just don't see what it has to do with some bullshit Phione."
avatar
Dandelion
Centurion
Centurion

Age : 22
Posts : 1739

Re: (ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Post by Dandelion on Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:43 pm


Vermilion Harbor [Kelp Beds] | Late Morning
Saferi - Fifty-three || Bell - Eighty-five


"Hunting." The word sent chills down her spine. Bell curled into a tight ball, feet close and tail wrapped around herself. Wedging closer to the sand and Thorn Bell tried to forget where she was, what was going on. She had been playing, completely at peace in the sunlight. They were in the kelp, a happy place! Why would they.... kill in such a happy place? "Ms.Bell, we have to go...!" Aqua's voice barely reaches, muted beneath her own screaming thoughts. Wasn't she scared too? Bell's heart drums in her chest, sending cold beats throughout her round body. Why didn't anyone else seem upset by this?

"No.. no no.." The child whimpers to herself. "Make them stop.." Why would they want to hurt people, and boast about it? The Dragalge was weird, maybe this was why, but not Saferi. She wouldn't cause this! Had he changed her, would everyone else soon follow? "Ms.Bell please, don't look. We need to head back to the cave, it will be safe there. Aqua's voice grew louder and more persistent, dragging the kid's eyes out from behind her tail. "But they.. they did.." Bell looked at Aqua with sad brown eyes, desperate for answers. She didn't understand, and honestly she didn't want to, but something very wrong had happened. Forcing herself away from the ocean bed she paddled a little closer to the Aqua. "Okay.." She sniffles, not daring to look behind her as she paddles off. Hopefully things would be better, that they would be safer.
Hopefully she could forget this ever happened.


"Whenever you guys are, I guess. How will I know to collapse the Gym when I'm outta the water? Don't wanna crush one of you." The harshness of Saferi's visage faded as she pondered his question. She was supposed to be with their remainder at the ship to pick off any stragglers, but Sanngetall's help would cut back that need. Aqua might end up staying with the kid. In theory, Sannge could suffice for their backup force, and she wouldn't be needed at all. Was that risk worth taking? "I could follow after you and shoot a stream of water up when they are in position." She knew she'd be at risk for Earthquake damage, but hopefully the water would neutralize any direct hits. It was the earth they wanted to affect after all. "As long as they take the bait there shouldn't be much issue."

However, issue came in another form. "What's this about collapsing a gym?" Sanngetall's suspicion surprised her. Shouldn't he be thrilled to break something apart, or that he'd have all that shit in the water to play with? The guy had a weird fascination with metal, and legends knew there was about to be more in the water on top of all that was there from the Anne. "It's a key element to the plan." She explained, knowing she had kept things vague earlier. "It'll bring death to those pests en masse and protect us from potential hazard." Her response did not satisfy him however, and the sea horse continued, "I thought this was an eradication mission, some good ol' beat down and hunting of pests. Why raze the town to the ground? I'm not against it, I just don't see what it has to do with some bullshit Phione."

The tip of Saferi's tail twitched back and forth. He wasn't trying to annoy her, not this time at least, and she wasn't about to let him take away her good mood. "There are more Phione than any 'mon could exterminate. It's a swarm, hence why I call them pests. And they're in my den. Left alone, they will be all over this bay and ruin what balance is left in this ecosystem." This harbor had natural balance to it and she would be damned if she let it go to hell. "Dropping the gym is an extreme but effective way of removing the lot of them at once. But that's Thorn's job. You'll be killing what doesn't take the bait. So yes, you are on pest control like I had said.." Pushing a harsh stream of water out through her gills the eel snaked forward to distance herself from the dual type. "Anyway," she started fresh, flicking her golden gaze toward the Gyarados. "It's time for the Seaking. Could you fetch it?"
avatar
NyraXerz
Primary Artist
Primary Artist

Age : 25
Posts : 692

Re: (ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Post by NyraXerz on Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:06 pm

((ooc: Please skip me this round, Aqua leads Bell back to the cave from the day before and continues to try and reassure her along the way.))


_________________



"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always gotten there first, and is waiting for it."
Larka's Art Shop
Sketchbook
avatar
Maximum
Elite
Elite

Age : 24
Posts : 402

Re: (ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Post by Maximum on Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:37 pm

Vermillion Harbor (Kelp Beds)/Late Morning [53]

Saferi's face turned thoughtful as she pondered a solution, but it didn't take her long to "I could follow after you and shoot a stream of water up when they are in position.As long as they take the bait there shouldn't be much issue." Yeah, that would solve the problem he was worried about. If anyone had gotten crushed by the attack, he would feel pretty bad about it. Besides the Phione... they were likely too far gone anyway.

He nodded in assent, "Sounds good."

Sanngetall, however, looked shocked, "What's this about collapsing a gym?" Did Saferi really not tell him all the details? He was surprised that the sea dragon hadn't tried to get the plans from Saferi before agreeing.

Saferi explained, "It's a key element to the plan. It'll bring death to those pests en masse and protect us from potential hazard."

"I thought this was an eradication mission, some good ol' beat down and hunting of pests. Why raze the town to the ground? I'm not against it, I just don't see what it has to do with some bullshit Phione."

"There are more Phione than any 'mon could exterminate. It's a swarm, hence why I call them pests. And they're in my den. Left alone, they will be all over this bay and ruin what balance is left in this ecosystem. Dropping the gym is an extreme but effective way of removing the lot of them at once. But that's Thorn's job. You'll be killing what doesn't take the bait. So yes, you are on pest control like I had said.." Whether that sated Sanngetall's curiosity or not didn't matter to Saferi, as the Huntail then turned her attention to him, "Anyway, It's time for the Seaking. Could you fetch it?"

He had been hoping that they would find a different way to carry the thing, but there was no choice. Thorn was most displeased that he was going to have to carry the thing in his mouth, however, he quickly schooled his face back to neutral. There was no need to complain, and Saferi wouldn't care anyway. Thorn shifted so that he could swim into the kelp properly and answered,"Yeah, be right back." This time, life in the kelp was eerily quiet, and it wasn't because of him. It didn't take him long to find the rotting corpse, and after a few seconds of trying to find a way around grabbing it with his mouth, he sighed and, as gingerly as possible, picked up the body with his teeth. The taste made him gag, but thankfully his light breakfast didn't try to crawl its way back up. Apparently he did a better job with the body than he did with the seaweed earlier since it didn't tear to shreds. He soon rejoined the other two and looked to Saferi for the next order.

((I just figured I'd have him go ahead, get the thing, and come back to save time, If your pair wants to talk while he's gone, he won't be back immediately or anything. I can change if need be though)
avatar
Dandelion
Centurion
Centurion

Age : 22
Posts : 1739

Re: (ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Post by Dandelion on Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:27 pm


Vermilion Harbor [Kelp Beds] | Late Morning | 13


"There are more Phione than any 'mon could exterminate. It's a swarm, hence why I call them pests. And they're in my den. Left alone, they will be all over this bay and ruin what balance is left in this ecosystem." For a few moments the Dragalge didn't know what to think. She cared about the ecosystem of some random ass bay? And for someone that cared, she let this pest thing get so out of control she couldn't tend to it herself? "And you didn't deal with them before why?" He questioned her with a flick of his fin. Such an annoyance would never be allowed to stay around her. Goddamn it.. the girls gone soft.

Whether she was ignoring his question or skirting around it Saferi continued. "Dropping the gym is an extreme but effective way of removing the lot of them at once. But that's Thorn's job. You'll be killing what doesn't take the bait. So yes, you are on pest control like I had said.." Grumbling to himself Sanngetall's crests float upward, irritated. "Ain't gonna be much fun if y'er gonna crush the lot of them..." The thought of mass death would usually be riveting, but the fact he wasn't causing it and would barely be participating was just... disappointing.

"Anyway, it's time for the Seaking. Could you fetch it?" Again, the Seaking was brought up, and the Gyarados was the one to get it. Did she really have a prisoner then, and needed someone large enough to drag them? "Yeah, be right back." Not the most enthusiastic of replies, but it was coming from the softest sea beast he had ever met. Watch it be another brat or something. Another wrench in his plan. Fuck.. Glaring at the Huntail he growls, "You fucking duped me."


((They weren't going to say much so it works perfectly c: ))
avatar
Dandelion
Centurion
Centurion

Age : 22
Posts : 1739

Re: (ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Post by Dandelion on Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:17 pm


Vermilion Harbor [Kelp Beds] | Late Morning
Saferi - Fifty-four || Bell - Eighty-six


Thorn left without protest, and the Dragalge griped, "You fucking duped me." With a short snot the edge of the Huntail's lip curls. "You agreed." It was his own fault for not asking all the details, or even questioning her motives. Or, if he had, not realizing she was appalled by him still to this day. As Thorn returned with their dead friend the eel couldn't help but wonder if this would actually work. Food was food to the undead, but would they be chasing the Seaking or Thorn? If he dropped the line would they stop on the bait or keep going for him? The Phione were crafty, and the whole line thing could be a bust...

With a jerk of her head the Huntail circles her way around their spoils. With Aqua gone they were a bunch of armless noodles needing to transport things. "Well.." She starts, realizing the unforeseen problem. "We're going to have to move all this, quickly so they stay fresh." Her own catch she could carry across the bay with ease. She'd done that many times before and this would be no different, but the Dragalge's numbers would make the process take much too long. Shooting a glare at Sanngetall she groans, "Thorn, you could make him carry the Seaking. With the size of your mouth you'd probably have an easiest time carrying the bait."

"We'll need to go across the bay so the Phione don't pick up the scent too early. It won't be hard; I know the fastest routes, but we'll have to be quick so the Seaking doesn't fall apart or something." Once everything was in place they could start scoring it and releasing the blood. It would be truly irresistible, and they would love it till death.


Bell paddled as evenly as she could, but her tail felt stiff, her body numb, and every movement seemed hindered. The cave felt so far away, like a journey she could have never made on her own. Thorn had carried her before, and excitement made the trip take ages, but she wasn't nearly as powerful as him. The scenery passed by at a snails pace no matter how far she kicked. Even when the cave came into view the child felt like she had made no ground toward it, and when she finally scurried into its safety the journey was washed away by the scene she had ran from.

Sinking to the bottom of the shallow pools Bell brought her feet close to her body. The pictures wouldn't go away, even with her eyes closed they danced before her. "Why, Aqua?" She whimpers into her feet. "I-I thought we were gonna to explore the ship. Why the bodies, why the killing?" She had seen a lot of pain since being taken from her home, but never like this. Never on purpose, never someone she knew. "Why would he do that..?"
avatar
NyraXerz
Primary Artist
Primary Artist

Age : 25
Posts : 692

Re: (ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Post by NyraXerz on Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:30 am



|Vermilion Harbor|Late Morning|71|


Aqua swam on in silence to the cave, unable to find any words to say to comfort the child. When they finally did arrive, Bell sinks to the bottom, looking lost. The poliwag starts questioning not long after. It was obvious that she was scared and confused, even more so than their trip to the surface. Aqua floats a couple feet behind her, mouth agape. They were sacrificing something else's life for their own. It made sense as a predator, human food wouldn't last them forever. There was no way she could explain that to a child. Not one who didn't need meat to survive. "Ms. Bell, I’m so sorry…” Her words fall off as she is faced with a decision. ”There is a lot to explain, but sweetie right now they need me…Please, please stay here and do not follow me.” Twisting in the water, the floatzel kicks the water around her, pushing herself back out towards the main body of water. ”I will come back for you.” She calls over her shoulder before swimming out of earshot.

Now unconcerned with keeping pace with Bell, Aqua activates her agility. Orange fur glows momentarily before the effect sinks in. The sudden rush of energy powers her limbs and tails, propelling her form swiftly back the way she had just come. Thoughts swirl in her mind of everything she could say, should have said…but right now, being one pokemon down was not an option. The others needed her if they were going to rid the bay of this den of infected once and for all. Finally, the rest of the group comes back into view. Thorn was the first to catch her attention with his bright red scales the others becoming visible to her the closer she swims. ”Sorry I’m late.” Aqua calls out, still swimming to catch up.


_________________



"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always gotten there first, and is waiting for it."
Larka's Art Shop
Sketchbook
avatar
Maximum
Elite
Elite

Age : 24
Posts : 402

Re: (ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Post by Maximum on Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:46 pm

Vermillion Harbor (Kelp Beds)/Late Morning [54]

Saferi took stock of their supplies, and she groaned, "Thorn, you could make him carry the Seaking. With the size of your mouth you'd probably have an easiest time carrying the bait." Thorn was glad that he wasn't on the recieving end of the glare she was sending Sanngetall. While they figured out what they were going to do, Thorn placed the Seaking corpse onto the sandy seafloor. The salt in the water did a fairly good job of ridding his mouth of the taste of rotting flesh. "We'll need to go across the bay so the Phione don't pick up the scent too early. It won't be hard; I know the fastest routes, but we'll have to be quick so the Seaking doesn't fall apart or something."

The shiny Gyarados was about to insist the sea dragon take the Seaking's body, but then an unexpected voice popped up. Aqua apologized, ”Sorry I’m late.” He was surprised that she had left Bell alone, but then again, they had made their plans originally with her in mind. At least with Aqua, no one would have to carry the dead body with their mouths.

Concern for the child wouldn't leave, and he asked, "She okay?" Bell had been so upset at the sight of the dead bodies, and he felt incredibly guilty that she had seen it. Granted, he hadn't expected Sanngetall to bring so many. No one had expected him to bring so many. Thorn just wanted to get this taken care of so that Saferi could have her home back and Bell and Aqua could explore the ship.

    Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:32 am