Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

"Expression Icons" during RP?

Anonymous

"Expression Icons" during RP? Empty "Expression Icons" during RP?

Post by Guest Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:07 am

Would it be possible to have little 'expression icons' during the roleplay? As in, small boxes with the pokémon's face (similar to the avatars from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, I think) that shows their respective emotion during the moment of the roleplay? :u It was just a random thought that passed by and I thought I'd post it here.

An example would be something such as, when posting, if the post content is happy, then (after the image and location/time/post count, right above the rp paragraph(s)) then there could be a small icon of the character looking happy; and if the rp content is of a fight, then the character looking scruffed up or frustrated/angry, and so on. There could be commissions for a small, expression icon set from our many artists here at EJ. And it is not obligatory; not everybody needs expression icons, only those who wish to.

As an alternative, it could be the expression of the character at the top of the post itself; although that may or may not be a little more time-consuming to draw out, it would be less cluttered. Also, in the case of this alternative, only one picture is used to represent the character in his or her profile and team sheet.

Donno, it was just an idea. |D Herp.
    Suicune
    Suicune
    Administrator
    Administrator

"Expression Icons" during RP? Empty Re: "Expression Icons" during RP?

Post by Suicune Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:41 pm

I've considered this for a possibility, but it would be too much work from artists to be required in a profile RP, so I'll leave it as a completely voluntary option for anyone who wishes to do this.

I would allow either different profile images for each emotion, or a 40x40 icon centered after the time/location status, like this:
    "Expression Icons" during RP? MDP245
    If members choose to have these, they are to post them in the character profile pages in a spoiler beneath the neutral emotion profile image. Regardless, there still needs to be a regular/neutral profile image, as before.

However: before we would allow this to be implemented, we would need the standard set of emotion icons in the games, and I am having trouble finding them. If you could find them or get them somehow, I'm willing to make this happen.

EDIT: As for making custom icons, each emotion needs to be clear and easily readable. If they aren't they'll be denied for use. Once we get the ones from the games, you'll be able to see the standard facial expressions they use, which would be best to emulate in custom ones, to keep it consistent.

An artist on DA has some custom ones that are nicely done- some of these expressions are excellent, and easily readable as what they are supposed to be expressing. This is something to reference when creating these.

I'll allow lenience on custom icon sizes- smallest 40x40, largest 100x100.

I found them, after much digging.
    Spoiler:
    But whoever uses it would need at least an image editor or request an image edit to pull it from the collection...and even then, it's only a handful of pokemon, and not all of them.

So. I'll start on an announcement concerning this.
    Good idea, Verd.

Suicune
    Founding Admin

Suicune
    Suicune
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Suicune Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:49 pm

Closed.

Suicune
    Founding Admin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content