Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

4 posters

Username Colors

Drago
    Drago
    Ace
    Ace

Username Colors Empty Username Colors

Post by Drago Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:36 am

Would it be possible to add Color Change tickets/whatever to the Department store, so that a user can change their name to a color of a team they're already on? Say for example, I could change my color to Snowpoint Cyan, but not Viridian Blue, because I'm not on Viridian. As far as coding goes, this could be achieved by creating a hidden group called "Snowpoint color", or whatever, and adding the person to that group. I think there's also some codes that let you do it for the individual person. All the information I've got has come from google, so if I'm incorect, sorry. >.<
    Lugia
    Lugia
    Administrator
    Administrator

Username Colors Empty Re: Username Colors

Post by Lugia Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:21 am

It honestly sounds pretty complicated. I'm not sure who would be able to handle this, nor if an admin would have to be the one to do it. Sorry, it is a nice idea, as many of our users enjoy sporting the different colors of their teams, but I'll have to shoot this one down as well. Unless you can give me a way for a normal mod to be able to do it. : )

Username Colors Shadowlugiasig

Lugia
    Admin

"It's amazing how hard someone will fight for their underpants."

Ace
    Ace

Post by Drago Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:11 pm

I'm honestly not sure of how the coding for this website works, as I'm used to the more basic forums, like Proboards. >.< Is there a way to give a moderator acess to the admin panel? Some websites allow the admin to do that, usually by creating a seperate group (could be titled, say, "Code moderator") and giving said moderator access to the coding. Not sure if that's possible on... Forumotion, do we still use that? But it coudl work if it was. >.<

I agree that it would be a difficult job for an admin to do, on top of all other duties, but if a moderator was able to take the job, or if the color changes were very expensive, it would become easier. >.<
    Lugia
    Lugia
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Lugia Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:40 pm

Unfortunately, I don't know enough about the in depth coding of the site to really give you a good answer. : ( I'll have to leave this up for Sui, who messes with all of that.

Username Colors Shadowlugiasig

Lugia
    Admin

"It's amazing how hard someone will fight for their underpants."

Ace
    Ace

Post by Kaze Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:51 am

Personally I'd like the option to be able to keep my name this color for a while. Could it just be that the individual color codes of Usernames are changed by the admins? There could be a thread where a custom color or Team Color name is purchased, without having to worry about group inclusion *unsure as to how the coding works*
    Suicune
    Suicune
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Suicune Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:55 am

The way the coloration works is this: the teams go in order of creation. The older teams take priority over younger teams in terms of what color your name is.
    So your name will be the same color as the oldest team that youre subscribed to.

If people want color changes that much, I'll give thought to just letting them choose which teams they're subscribed to or not subscribed to to get the team colors...under the stipulation that it be at least one of the colors of the teams they're on.

Color code and organization in admin panel is...complicated. So those other ideas wouldn't work well.

Suicune
    Founding Admin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:02 pm