Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

Router problems

Anonymous

Router problems Empty Router problems

Post by Guest Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:51 pm

Not really sure where to put this, but please, anyone respond!
    Internet is being a bitch to me and really, I have no idea how to fix up my parents' router.

You see, this morning, the internet suddenly stopped working [Right in the middle of a fucking post too >_<], and I've tried to reset it along with my computer several times. Which ended up not working, my dad suspected something about the bandwidth [Dunno what that is, explain to me please if you know]

When I got home from school, I went again to test with my internet which worked perfectly fine... For the first two minutes =+= For some reason it got all laggy, and began to just turn off and on every couple of minutes. It was annoying as fuck really, I still have screenshots;

Router problems Mvs8S

Router problems OmHSl

Not really legitimate proof, but I was really ticked off, so I just tried to dig up whatever I could.

But anyways, help is needed. After reseting SEVERAL times once again, I got internet...
    But the router changed it's name ._________.

Not sure if I should act normal or freak out, because it changed from "luffy" to "linksys"

I mean, originally, our router was linksys but we gave the nickname Luffy. Since it's my dog's name. Nonetheless, not sure whether I should act normal of this or not. Was this a result of my little rage fit of resetting the router several times? :L

Also, how do you change settings of the internet location? Like how whenever you go to some new place with internet, they ask you whether it's from Home, Work, or Public.
    I accidentally clicked Public ^^; Wondering if it's possible to change it to Home as well.

Help is appreciated!
    Anonymous

Router problems Empty Re: Router problems

Post by Guest Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:10 pm

I have no idea how to help I am sorry, but I can explain Bandwidth. It is basically how much internet you have. Depending on how much you pay per a month for the internet plan you have, you get certain amounts of GB of internet.When you use up this GB, then your internet will start going slower (or, possibly, I think may just simply not work) To get it normal again, you will have to wait till the next time your internet fills up (normally every month, the same day from when you started the plan.) You can use up all the GB if you download lots, as every page you go on to uses up GB (though only a VERY tiny amount) but downloading takes up more, as whatever you download, it uses up the size of it's GB from your internet. If this is why you are having internet issues, then you may just have to wait till the day of month when your internet bandwidth refills, or upgrade to a bigger plan, so you have more GB to use.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:28 pm

Linksys is a default name. Don't freak out or something. As for changing it from public to home, go to Control panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing center > Click 'Public' or whatever it is, under the name of the router, and then a window pops up asking which type of network this is.
    Latias
    Latias
    Legendary
    Legendary

Post by Latias Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:51 am

I don't know how to help, but, I just wanna say, I freaking love your background. 8I

Router problems Spr_3r_380

Latias
    The Eon Pokemon

_______

Router problems Fjwoa
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:28 am

I don't know how to help, but I have this probelm too. Every so often, when I use it, it will randomly shut down-or something. Its on, the lights are on, even the computer says its working, everything. But there's no internet.
    For posting here, just type a post in the box, (as you do not need to refresh the page) when its done, hilight the whole thing and select copy. Send it.
    -If it does not work at that time, paste to a word document or similar, and come back later.
    -If it does work, we're happy.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 6:55 pm