Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

4 posters

Problems accessing the site by phone

Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Problems accessing the site by phone Empty Problems accessing the site by phone

Post by Nightfall Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:14 am

Just wondering if anybody knew about this?

My main method of checking the site is by my phone - I use it to check warnings and then only use the computer if I have posts to make. When initially coming onto the site by Smartphone, it presents this alternative version of it, which I'm guessing is the mobile-friendly version. There's an arrow in the top corner which let's you access the 'classic version', which is the site as we see it now.

However, just recently, whenever I've pressed that it takes me to a blank page which just reads 'You can return to index...'. Touch that and it'll just take you back to the mobile version of the site. Same thing happens when I press 'Log in' - it just doesn't work, and I can't log in by phone. The web address of this page is the usual one but with /undefined at the end.

Basically meaning that I cannot check warnings, meaning that I've had to come onto the laptop just to do that.

Is this something that can be fixed, or is it out of our control? It's bugging me a little bit. Has anyone else having the same issue?
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Problems accessing the site by phone Empty Re: Problems accessing the site by phone

Post by Min Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:49 pm

I can't say I have this issue from my phone (iPhone), I think it maybe depends on what phone and browser you're using? Might be because forumotion changed mobile coding, or something.
    Lugia
    Lugia
    Administrator
    Administrator

Problems accessing the site by phone Empty Re: Problems accessing the site by phone

Post by Lugia Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:42 pm

I have trouble as well, on my Android. I just don't think our hosts have that great of mobile support.

Problems accessing the site by phone Shadowlugiasig

Lugia
    Admin

"It's amazing how hard someone will fight for their underpants."

Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Suicune Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:26 pm

So I took a look at the troubleshooting threads, and Lugia and Lulu are correct. It's an issue involving Forumotion.
    They said that it's been fixed, but it may not be widespread as of yet. It's a recent issue, only popping up at the end of February.

Here's a fix that someone found in the meantime.
    I can solve this problem by going to the Google Chrome browser on my iPad Mini and go to a forum, then click «Request Desktop version», which is an option included in Google Chrome Mobile, and I can also download the Puffin web browser.

But the biggest issue seems to happen with Safari. Using Chrome sounds like it fixes all issues, as I think that's Forumotions' primary supported browser.

If it persists within a week, let me know and I'll contact them.
    Apologies for not responding sooner, I didn't see this thread.

Suicune
    Founding Admin

Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:31 pm

Yes it seems to work all right now. I am using Safari, so that may explain it. 

If it happens again though, I'll let you know personally, Sui.

I suppose this can be closed now. Thanks.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:30 am