Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

2 posters

My own Style

Anonymous

My own Style Empty My own Style

Post by Guest Sun May 20, 2012 11:59 am

I was just wondering if the way I was drawing my Buizel character was too humanoid or altered from the original style. As shown by Adventus and Shaka's profile images (link to character sheet with those two images in signature), I tend to have a slight "human" style to my characters in terms of anatomy.

Here is the link, because it is possibly too big for the forums.

Also--Her father was a Smeargle, and he passed down the move Slash to his daughter; that is the reason for her having sharp claws :V
    Anonymous

My own Style Empty Re: My own Style

Post by Guest Sun May 20, 2012 12:54 pm

I'm just gonna say that Pokemon in its own way have a weird anatomy in general. As of the drawing, I must admit that it reminds me of a weasel on the head, but the bottom portion reminding of an dog attempting to stand -and they don't really stand for a very long time lol-

However, I'm just gonna say that your characters have that 'human' style is because all of them are walking on twos xD I tend to also think that the moves passing down to a child, doesn't give any physical additions such as claws, rather I think Slash is supposedly for the tail -- considering that it's about like, motor boat power. Nonetheless, Pokemon do have a weird way of stuff ^^;

Concerning Buizel anatomy, it actually depends on the mood of you character; your drawing is a bit different from it, especially on the lower half. Compare yours with the official Buizel artwork [And compare it with a real life weasel], at the hind legs where the Tibia and Fibula bone meet the Femur, is different among the comparisons. In this weasel picture, however, the hind legs are as of a dog's when sitting, this is when they're relaxed of course. As I said earlier concerning the mood, what are they really acting like? Are they relaxed? Cautious? Anatomy does not differ in these parts, it's always of body language does it tell the story.

Just like in the picture earlier, if they're relaxed, they would be sitting like a dog. If cautious, they would probably have their head trying to face the direction where most area would need to be covered, or them attempting to stand - for a short amount of time - to check if the coast is clear.

Sorry if I don't make sense or anything :U I'm kinda derping today lol, but this is what I could manage for the moment.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 20, 2012 1:12 pm

Yeah, I suppose you are right with the legs xD That is a good point, with the tails being used as part of the Slash attack--real-life Weasels appear to have claws as well, so the idea of using them in battle may still be possible.

The anatomy in the picture is much different from what I have drawn, lol; I have not drawn Weasels before, so I supposed this was going to happen. I am just trying to manipulate the anatomy a little too much ^_^; Thank you for the input, Sepultra.

Admins, you can ignore this topic :V I guess I did not need as much input as I thought I would.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 20, 2012 1:25 pm

It's all good xD I never drawn weasels either. I'm a bit of a realist, so I never really manipulate the anatomy, especially since it's usually the anatomy that helps the weasels live in their specified environment. Nonetheless, no clue they had claws until now lol - mostly because my focus on the claws was put on the Pokemon version rather than the real life.
    Drago
    Drago
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Drago Sun May 20, 2012 1:43 pm

Just gonna point out, Diglett can use Scratch. Obviously the creators didn't think about their moves very well.
    Mewtwo
    Mewtwo
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Mewtwo Sun May 20, 2012 6:49 pm

Diglett scratch by tossing rocks, I swear. lol

And yes, I think Sep is right about the tail being used for Scratch.
    Per one of their Pokedex entries:It spins its two tails like a screw to propel itself through water. The tails also slice clinging seaweed.
    If the tail can slice seaweed, it probably is used for Scratch.

And don't worry about us, we read these things regardless if the issue is resolved for research and to see if we might be able to help somewhere. We learn a lot from you guys as well as Bulbapedia.

My own Style 3Br5nS6

My own Style ZGD0iWwAdmin - Profiles, PlotMy own Style UugYyDK
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 20, 2012 7:15 pm

Well then, lethal spinning twin tails of slashing death it is!

lol, Digletts :b Nobody knows what lies beneath the cute expression of Diglett.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 10:55 pm