Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

4 posters

(ACE) The AMBRETTE Team

Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

(ACE) The AMBRETTE Team - Page 5 Empty Re: (ACE) The AMBRETTE Team

Post by Duma Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:04 am

((Skipping Peregrine again, shes not got anything to do just yet :3c))
    Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Duma Sat Sep 09, 2023 9:49 am

(ACE) The AMBRETTE Team - Page 5 Zuri_and_Eirlys
    ||Ambrette Hotel | Morning [Raining]||
    ||19 | 19||
    His words had given them something to think of. Had they noticed this strange creature in the skies too? Zuri frowned his ears twitching and swivelling back and forth as he listened, head tilting just slightly to the side as the sound of paws shuffling from the hound in front of him got his attention. "A shadow you say? There was a run in with one of those this morning, though admittedly I hadn't thought much of it at the time. I guess we got lucky." They had seen it then? Zuri's ears flicked higher and he raised his head, blinking. Someone else who'd seen it- this was troubling.

He opened his mouth to ask where they'd seen it when a second voice not belonging to the dog in front of him spoke out, "lucky?! I was horrified!" Zuri stood to his feet almost at once, eyes flicking back to the new form at the hound's back, ears tilted forwards and paws placed fimly on the ground. This had to be the third scent he'd noticed; how long had they been hiding there? Was it only her scent he'd found or was hers hidden by the hounds? Zuri lifted his nose slightly to sniff at the air, the scent of the delektroke flooding his nose along with the wet petrichor of rain. But aside from those two; the third scent, now laced with fear anf indignation as he watched the two interwact quietly between themselves in front of him.

Zuri looked at the newcomer, another electric type, a raichu. He'd seen them before; raichus and their younger evlolutions were common in the towns he'd worked in when he was still a young dog on the force, they were small and considered cute by many. He watched slowly as her tail drooped and dangled off the side of the hound in front of him witha slight squint that almost betrayed amusement, before turning his gaze back up.

Well, at least he knew where the other pokemon he'd scented was. That didn't mean he'd lower his guard, but he did enjoy being able to keep tabs on where others were after all. It made him feel more secure about what he was doing. "Maybe I'm not giving it enough credit." Zuri hummed softly at the words, nodding along in his own agreement. If he was alone, the thing in the skies was not a threat. He coudl easily take care of it, and be on his way. But he had Eirlys to worry about. And for all her behavior when she knew she had to listen to Zuri, she was not fast. If he had to run, she just didn't have the speed or agility to keep up with the retired police dog.

"But where are my manners? My name is B'doke, and this is Riley." B'doke... and Riley. He nodded at the names, debating on sharing his own. He didn't see the harm in it, really... they already seemed more competent than Dirk, and they were both alert and wary, something Zuri could appreciate. He ducked his head slightly, eyes up on the larger hound. "Weather aside, it is good to meet you. I am Zuri."

"Just a couple travelers passing through. Heading north along the top of the coast but got a little sidetracked with the weather and all." Zuri hummed at the words, relating all too well to being stuck here thanks to the awful weather. He tipped his head up to the sky with a scowl, squinting through the rain. It hadn't let up for a long time... something had to be causing it, Zuri was sure of it. "Oddly enough we were headed to a quiet town up north, supposed to be beautiful. With the condition of these cliffs in the rain though it may be best to wait out the weather." The police dog nodded along with their words, tail curling in thought.

"You may be waiting for a while, unfortunately. I've been holed up inside the hotel," he jerked his head towards the front door he'd left out of, "since we got here. The rain hasn't shown any sign of letting up anytime soon. I'd originally planned to wait out the storm, but that hasn't proved fruitful." He said with a soft sigh and stepping back a little to shake himself out, despite how futile such a move was in the rain.

"You don't seem like the type to cause danger to a child," Zuri commented as he looked B'doke up and down slowly, turning towards the hotel, "if you need a place out of the rain to stay, the hotel is open to you. I originally came out to look for additional food, but given the... circumstances I'd be better off looking another time." He said, casting a brief glance up to the sky. If they'd already seen that shadow sometime today... he'd try looking for food later. A group out here would only draw attention, especially such bright pelt colors.

The feeling of colliding with another body had Eirlys crowing her victory with a celebrating howl, standing on top of Yahto like a hunter proud of their catch. She bounced a little on top of the poor leafeon before jumping off with a bark that peeled off into giggling laughter, tail wagging as she bapped at Yahto's side while he wailed and lamented his loss. “Noooooooo!” Eirlys grinned widely as she sat ehr rump down on the dustly floor, he tail wagging hard enough to thump audibly against the ground and the counter beside her, red eyes sparkling with excitement. “I was the champion of hide and seek! My crown— it has been taken awaaay!”

The puppy of course took that as the perfect time to rear up and mime snatching something off Yahto's head and place it up on top of her own, ears flopping with her excited giggling. "You simply just aren't a match for a master like me Yahto!! I've been trained by Zuri and he's the bestest at hide and seek!" She crowed, nodding seriously as she did so. Of course Yahto lost, she was trained by the best in the world! Her big brother could never be beaten by anyone, he'd promised her!

“You are very good at this!” She giggled and nodded, standing up once Yahto had sat up, rearing up to place her paws on his side, big round eyes up on his face to wait for the next words from his mouth. “Your turn to hide!” Her excitement seemed to triple and she dropped to her paws again with a bark, tail wagging so hard she was wiggling in place.

"Oh! Oh, yes! Just you wait, Yahto! My hiding skills are unmatched!" Zuri often played hide and seek with her, she had to hide as best she could and never ever come out until Zuri said it was safe - she was very good at it! Zuri had taught her how to hide perfectly almost anywhere, she was sure there was something here to hide in!

She turned in place to go skittering off to another side of the kitchen, stifling her giggles down to excited pants. Eirlys scrambled up onto the countertops again, but this time she carefully picked her way through the objects scattered around. Her eyes fell on a large pot that she knew she could wiggle up into, rearing up to peer into it. Zuri always told her how important it was to look at her hiding spots first!

When her looking showed it was clean and empty, she scrabbled up into the pot carefully, curling herself up in the bottom of the cooking pot carefully, placing her paws over her mouth to muffle her soft excited pants of air, waiting for Yahto to come find her.
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:56 pm

(ACE) The AMBRETTE Team - Page 5 5vdD6eG
    Ambrette Hotel | Morning [Raining] | (18)

In response to Yahto’s banter about a crown, the puppy did the unexpected— she shot up and snatched the pretend accessory off the Leafeon’s head and he couldn’t lie… for a second he was so involved with the game that his feelings were mildly hurt at the loss of the crown he never actually had.
    "You simply just aren't a match for a master like me Yahto!! I've been trained by Zuri and he's the bestest at hide and seek!"

He nodded in acknowledgment, daring not to challenge or question the authority the puppy possessed. Not only that, he provided a playful bow to recognize Eir’s mastery of the game with the utmost respect.
    From there he shifted his paws across his eyes and began counting up from one.

"Oh! Oh, yes! Just you wait, Yahto! My hiding skills are unmatched!"

The next few numbers cracked with amusement, especially as the chaotic puppy scrambled off to find her hiding place. The final countdown was followed with a “Ready or not, here I come!”

It briefly crossed the Leafeon’s mind again, maybe he should throw the match and let the puppy continue parading around with his crown… but no. The assault while he ran for his life was just brutal moments ago and proved she was not a rival to underestimate.

He pressed his nose to the floor and scented momentarily but their chase shenanigans had placed fresh scents almost everywhere. Only a few directions he could tell for certain she didn’t go, but otherwise he had to do this the old fashioned way.

Yahto made a beeline for the pile of towels he occupied moments before, plopping into them and shuffling his paws about to find… nothing. Well darn. It would be so obvious to hide where he had just hidden, and that was why it was genius— who would check there?

He tucked in his legs and rolled out of the small hill of linen then began patrolling the kitchen carefully. He could probably rule out very high places or even things like old ovens that would make a pronounced squeaaaaaak if opened… but she was such a small jellybean that he could probably count for days and days all the places she could squeeze into. It was just then that a chill crawled over his skin, a horrible realization that brought with it immense dread…

She really was the master.

He began peeking into every crack and crevice with the suspicion of a paranoid duck. Holding his breath each time as he did so, as he fully expected a mischievous little face to pop out and go boo when he was least prepared.

Last edited by Dazey on Fri Sep 22, 2023 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:00 am

(ACE) The AMBRETTE Team - Page 5 OwcEU59

Ambrette Hotel Outside|Morning [Raining]

Dirk was feeling hesitant and was someone afraid that he had unintentionally made enemies with Zuri when he wasn't intending to do that. He wanted to make things right. Remembering what his trainer told him when he was younger. Adapt to being just a regular pokemon. Don't discourage just because you mess up and got others angry. Try to show them that you're really not a bad pokemon. Taking a few deep breaths, Dirk summoned up the courage to go forth.

The druddigon steps out and finally speaks up. "I'd like to apologize for what I did last night. It was wrong of me to intrude like I did and I'm sorry." Dirk said to Zuri. He wasn't going to get closer until he was permitted to do so. His face was showing he was truly sincere on his words. Right now, he still felt a bit afraid but he wasn't going to run either. The rain finally started making him feel cold and he began to shiver a bit. This rain hasn't even let up at all. Regardless, the weather was finally taking its toll on the dragon since he has no shelter from the rain. Dirk tried to move his arms normally but he was shaking from being soaked and cold from being exposed to the elements.

OoC)) short post, couldn't think on what else Dirk could say.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:25 pm

(ACE) The AMBRETTE Team - Page 5 20423953_DIJxXBZGif1PfeB
    Ambrette Hotel [Outside] || Morning [Raining]
    B'doke 24 || Riley 24

"Weather aside, it is good to meet you. I am Zuri." The hound's name is a welcome addition to their logbook, and with a respectful nod the electric Pokemon save it to memory. He seemed like a good fellow, not overtly aggressive but more than well mannered to their unexpected presence. With danger looming in the sky B'doke could not take fault with the canine being extra cautious, nor could be blame him for wanting unknown Pokemon to keep a distance from his aforementioned charge.

"You may be waiting for a while, unfortunately. I've been holed up inside the hotel since we got here. The rain hasn't shown any sign of letting up anytime soon. I'd originally planned to wait out the storm, but that hasn't proved fruitful." With a small, empathetic sigh B'doke grins slightly with poignant understanding. The hotel was confirmed to be occupied, and the chances of finding food or other kinds of supplies dropped severely. While their lack of viable food remained B'doke found himself more concerned about the dreary weather. "That's less than ideal for sure." He huffs, tipping his head to the side while quickly trying to mull over their options. Would it be more worth their time to continue waiting or push through the bad terrain and weather to a place with clear skies?

Before he could settle on an option the Diryena continued. "You don't seem like the type to cause danger to a child," B'doke's ears perked, attention caught in an instant as he looked back at Zuri. Legends he would hope that wouldn't be a concern, nor that he looked like someone that would do such a thing, but this world was a dark, terrible place. "If you need a place out of the rain to stay, the hotel is open to you. I originally came out to look for additional food, but given the... circumstances I'd be better off looking another time."

For the first time since arriving in this sodden town a glimmer of hope shone before the. "That's very generous of you. We'd be most grateful, thank you." The Delectroke speaks with earnest gratitude, his voice light with very contained joy. Though the path had been roundabout they still had an opportunity to venture in to the hotel, its new acquaintances being a welcome bonus for missed socialization. Dipping his head with appreciation B'doke expected a squeal to come from his smaller companion, she had wanted this after all, yet she had remained quiet once more as Zuri spoke. Was she still anxious about this new Pokemon?

B'doke shuffled his shoulders to perk some life back into the Raichu and tipped his head slightly her way as he spoke. "Unless you'd rather stay in that shack again?" He soothes lightly, teasing the Raichu with a small smile, and she clapped back with a playful cuff over one of his ears. "No no no, this would be great! Thank you so much!" She quickly chirps back to both canines, her paws waving as she spoke and a bubble of excitement overflowing within her. They would be able to explore the hotel! Even if they wouldn't find the discovery of the century in the occupied space it would be a million times better than the shack they had stopped in before. He said something about additional food, did he have enough to share? It'd be nice to have other Pokemon to talk to, but Riley couldn't help but wonder aloud, "Hopefully strangers wont frighten this kiddo."

Perhaps her own voice had been too loud, or her excitement had made her lose focus again, but the Raichu flinches at the sound of another voice. She does not panic, as it is familiar, but its closer than she recalled and catches her off guard. Whipping her head around the Raichu's dark colored eyes lock on Dirk's direction as he speaks, an almost eerie reminder that they are not alone out here, nor has safety been secured. "I'd like to apologize for what I did last night. It was wrong of me to intrude like I did and I'm sorry." Letting her eyes narrow a bit the Raichu turns her head away while her gaze remains locked on the dragon. Whatever he was talking about did not concern her, and while nosy Riley found herself much more interested in the intimidating canine than prying into the Pokemon that had just turned them away.
    Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Duma Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:13 am

((Once more skipping Peregrine, giving time for people to get situated before she acts like an ass lol))
    Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Duma Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:38 am

||20 | 20||
    Red and black eyes were locked on the delectroke as they reacted to his words, taking in the way they looked back at him, concern mixed with what seemed like shock that bled into relief into their face. They hadn't expected to be able to enter the hotel, Zuri assumed, his tail curling a little in thought as he watched the larger hound. "That's very generous of you. We'd be most grateful, thank you." His ear twitched at the relief in the tone, and he offered a polite smile back, dipping his head in a nod to return B'doke's own.

His eyes went to the raichu on the hound's back, judging her reaction to the news when she stayed silent in comparison to her companion, eyes thinning ever so slightly. He watched as the delectroke shuffled his shoulders to get her attention, voice a teasing jest, "unless you'd rather stay in that shack again?" His ears perked. A shack? Was that where they'd been staying? He lifted his head to look around the area and peer through the rain. He'd have to look around for these shacks the next time he came out here. He'd only been able to give the place a quick scout the last time he was out here because of his concern for Eirlys, so being able to properly patrol now that she had a safe place to stay was his top priority.

A quiet part in his mind also reminded him that patrolling would also mean surprises like these new pokemon showing up would happen less often too.

"No no no, this would be great! Thank you so much!" His head tipped back to the Raichu as she seemingly came back to herself after her compamion had reminded her of their previous sleeping conditions, huffing out a soft laugh. He turned to start walking back into the hotel, pausing only a few seconds to watch the other two pokemon for when they'd start moving as well. He sooner he could get out of this weather, the better.

"Hopefully strangers wont frighten this kid." Zuri couldn't help his amused snort, giving a good natured roll of his eyes. If there was anything Eirlys was afraid of, strangers definitely weren't on that list. The puppy had such unwavering trust in Zuri it almost scared him sometimes. She looked up to him like he was the best thing in her life. If Zuri wasn't scared of something, she didn't have a reason to be scared of it in her mind. He hummed out a laugh, looking back at the two electric types.

"As long as neither of you make loud thunderclaps around her, she won't be scared. She's surprisingly friendly with strangers, given the state of the world these days." He hummed out, ears twitching as he flicked his eyes to Dirk as the dragon shuffled closer to apparently talk, eyes lidding with a long sigh forced out through his nose. Lovely. Just what did he want this time?

He paused to turn towards Dirk again, his eyes scanning the dragon's body and taking in the lack of a helmet and the shivering. Idiot. Did he not take cover from the rain out here? There were plenty of other buildings that he could have stayed in overnight that wouldn't have caused the risk of the cold seeping in this quickly. "I'd like to apologize for what I did last night. It was wrong of me to intrude like I did and I'm sorry." Zuri stood his ground and turned to face Dirk, tilting his head to properly look at the dragon, tail curling higher over his back and head held high.

"Apologies mean little if you show you haven't made an effort to change. Go find somewhere out of the rain to stay, there's plenty of other uninhabited buildings to get out of the cold." He replied back, turning back to the front door of the hotel to walk away, already done with the conversation before it'd even started. "You will not change my opinion by simply apologizing and not understanding why I made my opinion to begin with." He added, starting to trot towards the hotel doors, uninterested in continuing the conversation.

One of the first things Zuri had taught Eirlys when they were leaving the shelter was how to hide and how to never lose a game of hide and seek. It was such a fun game, and they played it a lot when they were first starting their travels. Of course back then she wasn't as good at playing and Zuri turned it into a game of chase where they had to run from the area as quickly as they could, but eventually she got better!

He always said it was like playing hide and seek, but she didn't know who the seekers were. Of course Zuri was the only one who could find her, but he said other people played all the time, they just weren't good at the game. Maybe that was why Yahto wanted to play? Did he want to get better? Of course she could help! She wasn't like Zuri, but she was still really good at hiding!

Yahto didn't seem like he was good at hiding, she found him super easily! He made a rookie move leaving his tail out of the towels like that, Zuri would've found him immediately, and if that happened then he would've made Yahto hide again! Maybe he needed someone like Eirlys to teach him how to hide properly.

“Ready or not, here I come!” Oh! it was time to stay really still and quiet. She took in a slow breath and let it out carefully, remembering all the rules Zuri had told her. Don't hold your breath; take slow and deep breaths, breath in through your nose and out your mouth. Sit in a position that is comfortable and feels like sleeping, it meant you wouldn't go numb staying there too long! And above all else hide somewhere unexpected. That's why she crawled into the pot! No one would expect such a bouncy and loud puppy to be hiding somewhere as loud as a pot! it was echo-ey in pots and there was so much noise around that she could tip someone off to where she was.

That was why it was perfect. Zuri was the best teacher, and she was the best student. Poor Yahto had no idea what he was getting into challenging her to hide and seek.
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:49 am

Ambrette Hotel | Morning [Raining] | (19)

“Geez Louise…”

As if scratching his head would assist in his absolute bewilderment, Yahto paused momentarily to nag an itch he didn’t actually have. What on Earth did he get himself into?! The simple act of surrender to end his hopeless meandering was becoming more and more ideal as the embarrassment of being defeated so thoroughly by a child was nearly crippling. At this point even if he DID find her, it was still a loss.

He chuckled to himself. What a beautiful day it was, if all he had to worry about was a bit of shattered pride.

Yahto lazily jumped to the countertop and began sifting through pots. Peeking into each systematically so that he could cross these off his list, he accidentally dropped a metal lid onto the counter near his feet and practically jumped out of his pelt at the sharp metal sound. He groaned, irritated, as he peered into the next pot.

The Leafeon gave a shrill squeal in surprise, taking a clumsy step back and dropping straight off the counter to the unforgiving floor. His legs splayed around him and his chest hit the floor hard, knocking the breath out of him upon impact.

He gave something of a comedic war cry and rose back to his paws— did he absolutely get his butt handed to him at a children’s game by a child? Well yes. But that was far from enough to dissuade him from trying to reclaim some small shred of dignity by abusing the privilege of longer legs and faster running.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:15 pm

OoC)) skip, Dirk simply does what Zuri says and goes to the nearest house to warm up and dry off.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:14 pm

Ambrette Hotel [Outside] || Morning [Raining]
    B'doke 25 || Riley 25

"As long as neither of you make loud thunderclaps around her, she won't be scared. She's surprisingly friendly with strangers, given the state of the world these days." Nodding intensely with understanding Riley took the message to heart. The loud crack from a sudden Thunderbolt was often a benefit if it spooked extra enemies or unsuspecting Pokemon away, especially given her lacking combat finesse, but she didn't want to frighten a child with it. "If any bolts are needed we'll keep them quiet." The Delectroke agrees with a soft and understanding woof, his ears quick to focus on Dirk's approaching steps even as he spoke. BB's power control and volume was much greater than hers, and if he could keep it under wraps there should be no issue.

The pair gave each other a telling glance as Dirk came over to them and remained quiet as Zuri firmly reprimanded the scaled Pokemon. "Apologies mean little if you show you haven't made an effort to change. Go find somewhere out of the rain to stay, there's plenty of other uninhabited buildings to get out of the cold." Though the exchange was short it filled in several context gaps; these two knew each other, they likely staying here together at some point, the governing hound stood at a higher power, and Dirk was somewhere in the wrong. The cause of the situation remained unknown, but the canine did not seem so foolish to punish unjustly, thus neither Pokemon considered interrupting.

A frown painted Riley's face that twists into a subdued grimace, the canine's firm tone enough to make her feel uncomfortable even if she was not on the receiving end. Though no words were exchanged as Riley looked into B'doke's eyes she knew they shared a passing thought. Guess we know what was 'on his mind' then, huh. Allegedly the dragon had not learned, and his pitiful state did not make for serious apology or respectable Pokemon. Moving her gaze away from the other the two Riley took note of the exchange, and though she had no plans to get on their bad sides it was clear who she could be more reckless around.

When Zuri started to walk away B'doke was quick to follow. Not wanting to end up like the shivering dragon the massive canine wanted out of the rain and cold as soon as possible, Riley even more so after her earlier spook. "You will not change my opinion by simply apologizing and not understanding why I made my opinion to begin with." The Delectroke couldn't help but wonder what had happened between these two prior to their arrival. Bad blood was never a good thing to meddle with, and while he would usually evade such a group the weather was not permitting. Thankfully these Pokemon seemed like reasonable adults despite their unknown history, and were more or less taking the steps to resolve their issue amicably.
    His contemplating was interrupted as Riley shuffled on to all fours and shook out her burnt orange pelt, another sign for them to hurry out of the rain as soon as possible. With a buck in his step he moves to follow the other canine inside, still putting a respectable distance between him and their new acquiescence while he waited for Zuri to take the lead into his shelter.

Last edited by Dandelion on Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:59 am; edited 1 time in total
    Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Duma Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:13 am

((Skipping Peregrine again for the round, I'll have her back active next round once the bulk of everyone is back indoors.))
    Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Duma Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:49 am

||21 | 21||
    Eirlys was worried that Yahto might not be able to find her. She was really good at hiding after all! So maybe he wouldn't find her? The puppy's ears twitched as she heard the sound of paws in the countertop, taking a short breath in and freezing in the pot she was curled up in. Oh! Was Yahto getting close? There was a sharp sound of something metal clattering to the floor and Eirlys froze, the sound far too similar to thunder for her little brain to fully sort through, letting out a soft yip of fear briefly.

She pushed her paws over her muzzle suddenly with wide red eyes as soon as the sound left her mouth and she blinked owlishly up at Yahto's face as the leafeon's purple-y blue leaves came into her view. It seemed he was just as surprised to see her though and at once he jerked back and fell off the countertop with a loud crash and clattering of pots and pans that was almost deafening.

At once Eirlys sprung up to her feet and she dashed out of the pot with a loud bark, yipping out overjoyed laughter as she sprinted off the countertop and scurried around the kitchen island. Sure, Yahto had said that they had to stay in the kitchen but he was following, right? So she could leave and maybe they could play somewhere else in the hotel while they waited for Zuri to come back!

With this in mind, Eirlys turned tail on the spot and rushed for the door, squeezing her little body through the slightly open gap and racing out into the hallway with an excited bark, laughter echoing through the hallways as she ran. "Come on Yahto!! You'll never catch me like that you slowpoke!" She cheered, lookign over her shoulder as she ran to make sure the leafeon was following her.

Zuri watched Dirk from the corner of his eye as he approached the doors to the hotel, though once the dragon shuffed off elsewhere that he couldn't see without turning, the hound turned back to the doors properly. He nosed them open carefully, stepping into the foyer and moving aside for B'doke and Riley to come inside and out of the rain. With nothing else in response from Dirk and two new pokemon in their group, Zuri was more interested in getting them inside and out of the rain. It was warmer inside at least, so the chance of them getting sick from the rain was less of a threat.

He stepped aside and shook himself off with a grunt, trying to get the water from his coat as he trotted across the foyer to nose the ball Eirlys had been playing with before out of the walkway. There was a loud clattering of sound from the kitchen and he paused in his footsteps to look up and towards where it'd come from, ears flicking forwards. Eirlys and Yahto were still in the kitchen? Surprising... he'd expected her to have pulled the leafeon on a wild goose chase through the hotel at this point. He was impressed he'd managed to keep the puppy in one place for so long.

Zuri's ear twitched at the sound of childish giggling and Eirlys's excited barking and the direyena let out a fond huff of air, his muzzle curling into a smile. He took a seat where he stood, watching the halls as the sound seemed to draw closer. So, it seems Yahto couldn't keep her in one place for that long, huh? Well, that was to be expected. It was hard to keep such a rambunctious child in one play for long after all. Zuri glanced back at their new guests briefly, though one ear stayed twisted towards where he could hear his charge's excited gigglign drawing closer as she ran through the halls with reckless abandon.

"It seems she and the other pokemon in here have been playing games. My apologies, she can be... excitable." He hummed out towards the two electric types, turning his eyes back to the direction of his younger sibling's excited laughter as it became clearer and her small white form could be seen barreling around the corner like a zubat out of hell. Zuri's tail twitched and the tip wagged against the floor at the sight of the puppy so happy, eyes watching carefully as she ran into view.

The puppy froze in place as soon as her milky-red eyes locked onto Zuri's own and she seemed to forget entirely about the game she'd been playing prior, immediately running full speed towards her brother to greet him. "Zuri! Big brother you've come back! That was fast! Did you find anything outside?" She asked all at once as she came running over, skidding to a slow as she collided with the older hound's leg with a soft oof, falling back heavily onto her rump.

She reared her paws up to rest against her brother's leg and lean up to boop her nose against his in greeting, tail wagging a mile a minute and tongue lolling from her mouth happily. She sniffed at the air and peered around her brother's large form to see what was behind him and gasped loudly, eyes wide as saucers at the sight of a hound bigger than her own brother.

"Wow! They're bigger than you are brother! Hello, hello! Are you new friends Zuri found?" She asked, before pausing to think a moment, looking the delectroke up and down and then looking back up at her brother. "You're obviously good pokemon if Zuri let you in! He's the bestest protector, you know." She said with a sage nod, shuffling around her brother's bulky form to shuffle closer to the two - two! - she looked up at the raichu on the bigger hound's back and her eyes somehow got wider, tail wagging in her excitement to meet new friends.

"Hello! I'm Eirlys, or Eir! Is it fun to ride up that high? I've always wanted to ride on Zuri's back, but he says I'm not stable enough to do that. He's really fast and I can't hold on that well." She said, head cocked to the side.

Zuri chuckled softly and gave a soft, wordless chuff at the puppy, who looked back at him and blinked, before covering her mouth with a paw and a gasp. "Oh! I'm sorry I'm asking way too many questions. You've gotta be cold from being out in the wet rain all morning." She said, shuffling back over to Zuri so she could nuzzle her face up against her brother's leg, tail thumping on the ground as she sat by his side.
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:34 pm

((Skip for now. had a headache for a week and a half. Finally dragging my ass to urgent care.))
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:40 pm

(ACE) The AMBRETTE Team - Page 5 OwcEU59

Ambrette Town|Morning [Raining]

As Dirk found a house up the hill from the hotel, the druddigon went inside seeing it covered with webs and a lot of pans covered with dust. It looked like it wasn't touched in a very long time. No lights and a single window that was boarded up to keep anything from getting in including any debris that could be blown by hurricane force winds. Closing the door, the dragon type looked around for anything he could  use as a way to help him warm back up. As he sat inside in the dark, he began to contemplate on what Zuri said. For a while, Dirk didn't know what he meant. What was he missing? He did what he thought was right but was he mess up on the apology? He shook his head realizing that he didn't mess up on it.

Tapping his claw on his head, he kept thinking on it. Something wasn't correct still. His actions wasn't correct, he admitted that and didn't want to barge into the hotel like that again. But was there something else? Something that he forgot was inside as well? Then it hit him, the kid that was with him. Dirk knew that if he was viewed as hostile, that any trust would be useless and he'd be an enemy. That's why he wouldn't consider talking with me. The kid he has with him. I never had thought about the safety of the little one. What a fool I am... Right now, I should let them be until he's ready to talk. But, would he even want to talk with me? He thought about the what ifs that would be unproductive. He shook his head realizing that those thoughts would scare him more. All he needed to do was give it time before he can talk it over. For now, he had to focus on staying warm until the rain settles down or stops.

OoC)) Short post due to Dirk being alone.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:17 pm

Ambrette Hotel || Morning [Raining]
    B'doke 26 || Riley 26

The large hound made his way inside and after a small pause the pair followed suit. Immediately they could feel the difference, the air being noticeably warmer without the chill of the wind and rain. Zuri shook out his pelt, and the electric hound had to admit how wet his own had gotten after their small walk and both conversations. What he thought was a little damp was already dripping onto the floor, and as Riley jumped to the ground below he also gave his pelt a firm shake.

Dropping to all fours Riley shook the water from her fur, the motion almost too quick to follow as it flowed from her head to her tail down her spine. The action is practically offset by B'doke's own shaking, the shower of water almost drenching her a second time. Sticking out her tongue with a deep squint she makes sure the Delectroke sees before climbing back on to her perch.

Though both Pokemon acted casually the gleeful yips and barks could not evade their sensitive ears. Without any conversation between them their was nothing but distance to dampen the sound. Their ears swivel, hearing it though giving no reaction aside from a curious tilt of the head. Was this the child he mentioned? iIt seemed like a lot of clatter for one kid. "It seems she and the other pokemon in here have been playing games. My apologies, she can be... excitable." Ah, there was a third Pokémon. B'doke tried not to jump to any conclusions but gave a thoughtful nod at the most logical outcome. "A good time can be hard to come by, seems she's gladly making the best of things here."

It didn't take long for the sounds to get closer, sprinting paw steps from a small source barreling about the building. A smile curls across B'doke's maw, almost jealous of the child's boundless energy and excitement. To be young and carefree, even now, was such a rare treat that filled him with hope. It didn't take long for the puppy's sprint to bring her their way, bolting steps running her right into the larger white hound's leg. The bump did nothing to hinder her energy, the pup's voice filled with excitement to see her brother return. While B'doke was not expecting anything specific seeing another stark white pelt was an interesting surprise, and he couldn't help but watch. Riley peeked over his shoulder, her dark blue eyes wide with interest as the wiggling sprout finally took notice of them.

"Wow! They're bigger than you are brother! Hello, hello! Are you new friends Zuri found? You're obviously good pokemon if Zuri let you in! He's the bestest protector, you know." The small firecracker showed no fear, Riley's earlier concerns going straight out the window as she greeted them with bright eyes and a huge grin. Bending his knees to help bring his face a little closer her smiles at the small one. "I bet he is. He was very kind to save us from that terrible storm outside." The Delectroke coos gently, embellishing the details for the sake of interest. "My name is B'doke." He introduces himself, but can not give his partner's name or ask hers before she takes notice of the Raichu and continues with a happy wag.

"Hello! I'm Eirlys, or Eir! Is it fun to ride up that high? I've always wanted to ride on Zuri's back, but he says I'm not stable enough to do that. He's really fast and I can't hold on that well." A squiggly smile spreads across the Raichu's maw, her fur feeling hot with the sudden burst of questions. Though her nerves felt tense the child clearly meant no ill, and her energy was easily infectious even for the nervous Raichu. "Hehe, well, my paws can hold on better than yours." Teasing while flexing her small toes the Raichu smiles. "It's pretty fun though, definitely my favorite spot!" The loft for her small height was great, but feeling protected and being able to mess with B'doke was priceless. "Oh and I'm Riley!" She finishes quickly, realizing she did not answer the child's first question.

"Oh! I'm sorry I'm asking way too many questions. You've gotta be cold from being out in the wet rain all morning." Letting the child's energy infect them both Pokemon continued to smile, the mornings woes already behind them. "A little cold perhaps, but we electric types have a certain fondness for storms, so its not a bad time." The call of electricity was a hard one to ignore, though his homeland's static charge could not be beat. "I bet you know all the best spots to dry off in here." The Raichu adds cheekily.

((Awkwardly typing this on my phone since my computer is kill.. hopefully its not fucked lol.))
    Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Duma Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:22 pm

((Skipping Peregrine again, waiting for things character wise to settle before she comes in to make a mess of it LOL))
    Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Duma Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:36 am

((skip until the morning,ive been absolutely wrecked lately and cant think to type a post))
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:40 am

Ambrette Hotel | Morning [Raining] | (20)

"Come on Yahto!! You'll never catch me like that you slowpoke!"

Yahto gasped sharply at the audacity. How rude!

The Leafeon charged faster at the puppy, feeling a bit of adrenaline welling up as he suddenly was approaching her at unthinkable speed. Ha! She wouldn’t make fun of him now—

“Ahhhh!” He yelped as he realized the puppy hadn’t just slowed down but had come to an entire stop. His clumsy paws stumbled and panicked, eventually bunching together just in time to leap over Eir and tumble onto his stomach just beyond her. Whew…!

"Zuri! Big brother you've come back! That was fast! Did you find anything outside?"

The pupper was suddenly darting for her brother, meanwhile Yahto scrunched his face up in dismay. “‘M fine, don’t worry…”
    Who is that, Yahto?

Yahto found his feet and sat up, shaking his head and about to respond that she knew who Eirlys was until he realized who she had been talking about.

A brand new canine had entered alongside Zuri and beyond that, Yahto was sure he caught a glimpse of another peeking from behind the creature.

Yahto’s heart thumped in instinctual reaction but his mind knew Zuri wouldn’t have allowed this duo so close to Eir unless they passed the vibe check.
    Intrigued, Yahto approached the duo but maintained a respectable distance, planting himself amongst the conversation pleasantly.

Eirlys was excitedly chatting to the newcomers much as she’d done when he himself arrived. His two main takeaways were their names— B’doke was the canine, and Yahto couldn’t place his species to be quite honest but he was far from an expert in Pokémon species anyways. The smaller form he knew he’d seen introduced herself as Riley, and she was a creature he was familiar with: a Raichu.

“Hi there! My name is Yahto,” he added. “It’s a pleasure to meet you both!”
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:03 am

OoC)) Skip, Dirk is just sitting in silence this round.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:33 pm

((Gonna skip, aside from greeting Yahto my pair are politely waiting for further conversation.))
    Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Duma Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:32 pm

((Skip Peregrine.))
    Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Duma Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:27 am

((skip for tonight, edit in morning im exhausted))

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:16 pm