Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

5 posters

(ACE) The OLIVINE Team

Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

(ACE) The OLIVINE Team  - Page 6 Empty Re: (ACE) The OLIVINE Team

Post by Dandelion Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:20 pm

(ACE) The OLIVINE Team  - Page 6 Db6dAr2
    The Battle Castle | Midday
    Etincelle 145 | Melanie 145

Though Etin's question was legitimately curious it was also meant to be a sort of icebreaker, an ease in to get a conversation going that wasn't tensely directed at their newcomers. It failed. "We ran into a little trouble, that's all." Faux said dismissively, her focus clearly on the present rather than past. “That’s a hell of a story, my friend. I’ll fill ya in later,” Rebel said cheekily, his response much kinder though very much the same. Either way, it just made him all the more curious as to what had occurred while they were away. The new pair introduced themselves politely, their amiability clear from his perspective and accepted by the eevee party, but the crazy gaze Cinder gave him said otherwise. Her voice was cold, uncharacteristically unwelcoming as she uttered a single sentence of, "What brings you two here?"

He didn't want to answer for them, it was just seem like an excuse coming from them and the pair were perfectly capable of explaining themselves, but Etincelle found it difficult to sit back quietly. They had done nothing wrong, and were exceedingly friendly, so why was Cinder so bent out of shape? No, he couldn't idly let them be lambasted and thus volunteered himself to prompt the conversation. "They're looking for some lost friends and hoped we'd seen them." He explained, casually nodding his head to the pair for further explanation. It wasn't until that moment that he realized he didn't even know the species of said friends, not that they'd seem many Pokemon regardless, but it was important information that was missing.

Melanie was not blind to the tension coming from one side of the room, but she remained quiet as she struggled not to fall into sensory overload. The new sounds of Pokemon entering the room painted a bustling picture of busy paws, though the number did not match the voices that accompanied them. The tense, frozen steps of those farther away spoke of the obvious tension she was already feeling. Hell, it seemed to radiate from the fire type pair as they [assumedly] stared down their new acquaintances. Cinder's crackling flames and fiery fur gave off its signature ashen scent but Melanie was put off by just how strong it was. The entire room almost seemed to smell of soot and ash, speaking of a fire greater than the starters two little flames.

Yet beneath it all was the faint scent of fruit. Regardless of the smoke it wasn't too strong, leading the fox to believe there was either not much out there, they hadn't brought it in with them, or the type of berry was a firm one than didn't give off much of a scent. "What kind of berries did you guys find?" She asked, ignoring the disconcerted pair as her muzzle pointed toward the sound of the eeveelutions. Whatever they were the fox greedily wanted more to eat, her hollow stomach unsatisfied from her prior meal.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:14 am

OoC)) Skip, Arry's just sitting there just letting the adults talk.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:17 pm

(ACE) The OLIVINE Team  - Page 6 UxYTNZ3
    Battle Castle|Morning
    74|37

Bastet drew a happy smile when Miyu introduced herself. This kit was quite the active one. “Miyu! My name is Miyu. Happy to mee-you, Bastet!” The Jolteon and the Eevee remind her a lot of Mathias and herself. What a world for this to occur in not once but twice in her lifetime. She wanted to say something to Mathias but it seems he's dealing with another problem that being a Quilava who isn't very trusting of him. Hopefully he could clear things up with her and explain to them that he has no quarrel with them. However, she wanted to ask the Quilava why she doesn't trust Mathias? It would help her understand, but right now it was best to not do anything to cause an issue.

The Charizard looked at the Quilava hearing her voice was as if she was untrusting. She doesn't trust me, could they have ran into Gabriel? I better keep my guard up just in case. Mathias couldn't tell if this was her way of saying hello or she just wants him out.  "What brings you two here?" Oh boy, this must be the bossy one. Better answer her and not anger her in any point. She doesn't look like she's in the mood for any jokes. What is her problem then? What could she have against him? "They're looking for some lost friends and hoped we'd seen them." That about sums up what Mathias would have said.

Bastet and Mathias then looked at Cinder before they went to introduce themselves. "He basically said exactly what we was going to say, but yes, we're looking for our missing friends. Anyways, I'm Bastet. I'm from Pallet Town." Mathias then spoke up as well. "I'm Mathias and I was also from Pallet town, but we're both wild now so it doesn't matter where we're from anymore. But if you all need help, both me and Bastet can help you as much as we can." The Charizard said as he offers his claws in friendship. However would she trust his words? It was only a matter of time.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:32 pm

(ACE) The OLIVINE Team  - Page 6 19594738_AEbZwwh0HkimsMI
    The Battle Castle || Midday
    Cinder 164 || Faux 125

"They're looking for some lost friends and hoped we'd seen them."

A silent message passed between the two fire types as Etincelle's words hit them. Though they had only seen a handful of Pokemon in the past couple days any of them could easily be a lost 'friends' he spoke of. Faux's paws itched ambiguity; the Luxray they had dealt with before ended up benefiting them in the end, but by no means was it a friend. The murderous Houndoom had been a fellow survivor but by no means did that make it a friend either. The cruel group in the Arcade had all been friends, but not theirs. On top of those their newest acquaintance had tried to take a friend from them.. in nearly succeeded.  

Cinder could feel her core temperature rising as her suspicions went haywire. Her golden gaze widened, teeth clenching as she held back sudden accusations as the pair spoke up. "He basically said exactly what we were going to say, but yes, we're looking for our missing friends. Anyways, I'm Bastet. I'm from Pallet Town." Another drop hit her pool of suspicions as the Johto native noted how far Pallet was from this coast. Sure, a psychic and flier could negate that fact, but something about leaving their home region didn't settle with her here. "I'm Mathias and I'm also from Pallet town, but we're both wild now so it doesn't matter where we're from anymore. But if you all need help, both me and Bastet can help you as much as we can."

Normally the fire type would be exceedingly welcoming, greeting the new pair of paws aboard as they sat down for a celebratory meal, but nothing could be further from her mind in that moment. We don't want your help. ....But, they did need it. Her aching body spoke a tale of hard fight after fight, about a lack of rest and healing that everyone was likely feeling. Able bodied Pokemon could be just what they needed, but her nerves refused to accept that fact.

"What species are they, and their names?" Faux pressed, her voice as coy as possible. Though their search was none of her concern offering truthful information before sending them on their way would be the best diffuse for the situation. They would have no reason to come back, and no reason not to trust what they had been told. Her mental list of past friends and foes grew the more she thought about it, and any one of them could have been a friend passing through. I don't recall any looking for friends like these. But, the fox did not care for the troubles of these Pokemon, whether they be earnest or not. Her motives never changed, her suspicions always at the forefront of her mind. Mathias. It was the same name the undead had spoken, if not the only thing it said with any clarity. Her tails twitched, the coincidence being too uncanny for her liking. "You wouldn't happen to be searching for family, would you?"
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:24 am

((Skip. Got called in to do an extra shift at work.))
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:52 pm

((I'm gonna skip with Etin/Mel this round!))
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:03 am

OoC)) Skip again. Still nothing with Arry.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:07 pm

Battle Castle|Morning
    75|38

"What species are they, and their names?" Faux asked them as it seemed that things wasn't as good. though Mathias did respond to the question. "Their names are Cosmic and Glass, an Umbreon and an Absol. They mysteriously vanished when me and Bastet got teleported away from the Under." However the next question though had confirmed Mathias' suspicion of his brother. "You wouldn't happen to be searching for family, would you?" This had settled unwell with Mathias as what could be said. What did Gabriel say to them and what was he plotting? It wasn't known but he'll find out one way or another.. The Charizard looked at Cinder and then the others then back to Faux. Mathias took a deep breath before talking. "What did my brother tell you guys and what did he look like?"

Bastet gasped and wanted to ask Mathias about that as he never spoke of that to her before other than small hints. Yet she knew not to interrupt. Instead she sat and watched things unfold.

OoC)) short post this round
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:31 pm

Cinder 165 || Faux 126

It was like pulling teeth with this guy and Faux could not stop her jaw from clenching. The red flags in her mind kept multiplying, her civil behavior waning as she thought of the well being of her party. This Pokemon could just be simple, with her overreacting, and she held back a retort when he finally answered her easy question. "Their names are Cosmic and Glass, an Umbreon and an Absol respectively. They mysteriously vanished when Bastet and I got teleported away from The Under." An Umbreon and an Absol? A trickle of shame twitched down the fox's spine; the only one of those she had seen was when she defected from the group. Though she didn't get a good look at the thing that Umbreon was likely not this ones friend; there was no Absol, and its physical condition had seemed too far gone for how unaware these Pokemon were.

Faux peaked over her shoulder, hoping Cinder would have better input where her own information was lacking, but the other fire type had nothing more to add. Another flick toward Etin and Mel give her nothing more. Shortcomings not withstanding, Faux politely shook her head and answered, "Can't say we've seen either here." Giving her two cents of truth the fox could only hope to receive the same back, and while it wasn't quite what she was expecting the Charizard's next question was enough to make her skin crawl. "What did my brother tell you guys and what did he look like?"

Her muscles immediately tensed, the other Charizard all she could see as she looked at Mathias. There was no such thing as an uncanny coincidence.. Tension hung in the air around her, a very real threat suddenly looming within their conversation. Had the undead followed this pair, or smelled them nearby? Was it directed by them like the Ludicolo had been? Was this place symbolic for them, or was it all truly random chance? "Nothing good." She said flatly after several moments, her thoughts clearly distracted as a cold sweat started to bead within her fur. Fear for her team was all Faux could think of, protecting the young and wounded from a possible return threat, but before she could act the other Pokemon at her side snapped.

"You both need to leave. Now." Cinder growled, the harshness in her voice uncharacteristic. They had killed Rebel, they almost lost another friend because of these Pokemon. The starter Pokemon's belly knotted at the thought of another fight. They wouldn't get a second miracle, and they were in no condition to fight off a tag team. Bursting her flames to burn even hotter the Quilava arched her back as she stared down the unwanted Charizard. "I don't care what you say- if you have some relation to that demon you're not welcome here."
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:57 am

(ACE) The OLIVINE Team  - Page 6 KJI7aYF
    The Battle Castle | Midday | (167)(97)

It felt like if you knew one survivor, you knew all of them. The same story seemed to plague everyone— one of loss, death and desperation.

As the newcomers sought answers for their missing companions, it was like when book authors would rip off others with only slight changes to the plot and cast.
    There was something so depressing yet so comforting knowing practically everyone fighting for their lives today had traumas that were so similar.
    "Their names are Cosmic and Glass, an Umbreon and an Absol. They mysteriously vanished when me and Bastet got teleported away from the Under."

The Under… something about that name was so familiar to both the foxes.
    Faux responded in the negative regarding their companions, following up with: "You wouldn't happen to be searching for family, would you?"

The Charizard fell silent. Everyone fell silent.

Rebel’s fur bristled anxiously. On sight he had assumed the flier was his attacker, never once did he think maybe they could’ve been family.
    The hesitation was incriminating, even before he answered. But when he did, a single chill shot down the Jolteon’s spine.

"What did my brother tell you guys and what did he look like?"

Miyu’s mouth fell open a moment after Mathias spoke. It was a very delayed reaction but now she understood while the others had become so defensive nearly instantly. Neither Miyu nor Rebel knew what to say— luckily, Cinder jumped straight to the punch.

"You both need to leave. Now."

The voice sounded almost alien. The venom in each word was so strange for Cinder that it would almost been easier to believe it was an evil doppelgänger taking their friend’s place.
    "I don't care what you say- if you have some relation to that demon you're not welcome here." Cinder continued.

Zero protest came from the siblings.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:26 pm

Etincelle 146 | Melanie 146

While Melanie's ears were primed for chatter of berries that is not what she received. The room had felt tense since everyones return, a sensation she was doing her best to dilute and ignore, but it only seemed to escalate with everything that was said. Mathias kindly answered with the names and species of those who were lost, and Etincelle settled down with relief. He must have been hanging on that answer, and with a definitive no at least they wouldn't be advertising false hope. With such a certain response the large fox thought their issues over, that they could move on to the main course and finally regroup, but that was not the case.

If anything the tension grew worse, nearly palpable as Melanie flicked her tails uncomfortably. "You wouldn't happen to be searching for family, would you?" Faux asked, the question coming out of left field to both Pokemon. What or who could Faux be referring to? Etincelle could not recall seeing a Pokemon from the Charizard line, and their eeveelution companions gave no indication of being familiar with the Espeon. There was a quiet in the room, a pause, a held breath that was all too incriminating in a way the Electrike just couldn't place. "What did my brother tell you guys and what did he look like?" Mathias bit back, clearly understanding Faux's jibe.

Melanie swallowed roughly, and Etincelle pressed himself closer to neck. Cinder snapped back with an intensity they had not seen before, a voice filled with something akin to hatred at the seemingly innocent Pokemon. Etincelle looked at his companions, desperate for answers to the confusion buzzing in his head like a swarm of Combee. No one answered those questions, nor did they stand up for the newcomers or against the furious fire types. Though he saw no reason to lash out against them even Etin had to admit he had nothing in way of a defense. He barely knew these Pokemon, and though they had done nothing questionable to him he was inclined to believe his friends' frighteningly strong reactions. Whatever loop they had fallen from he dared not meddle with it. Melanie, however, was not as reserved, and bared her fangs with a huff. Keeping Arry safe within her tails she listened clearly for the minute sounds of breathing, shuffling, and incrimination. The small sounds told a story, but instead of deciphering it she dared to get to the point. Her simple sentence was uttered so confidently it no longer seemed like a question, but a mother breaking up her bickering children. "What's going on?!"
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:15 am

(ACE) The OLIVINE Team  - Page 6 250px-304Aron

Battle Castle|Morning

These accusations against Mathias and Bastet was not just wrong but it was as if Cinder was comparing Mathias to the bad pokemon that had happened. He protested. "Cinder no! Don't tell them to go away! They could help us. Can't you give them a chance? They could be watched closely and made sure that they don't do anything bad." He had his own reasons to go against the tide. He wanted to see more of their funny tricks that made him laugh. That was one vote against giving them the boot. Other than that he wanted to hear the story. Maybe, just maybe he could be part of a trick that the psychic could do. However, if Cinder is more mean then its just prompt more protest against her until she stops being mean. Even if it means he runs away into the woods to force her to stop. What it might serve though is not its purpose but more worry than anything. He doesn't want them to fight each other. He doesn't want to be scared of yelling and he wants to be strong and brave. Just like his parents was.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:52 pm

Battle Castle|Morning
    76|39

Who is she to judge? Not only is she comparing him to Gabriel, she's comparing him to an undead. Had he not been so constricted to his own oath, he'd fight her right here and now. "What's going on?!" The Ninetales was angered at Cinder's display. Mathias took a deep breath before he spoke. "All I wanted to know was what my brother looked like and she kind of flipped out. I can't apologize for my brother's behavior but Gabriel has his own reasons to be hostile. He's always been like that since childhood. He craves power and he'll likely do anything for said power." The Charizard said as he relaxed a bit. Demon though, could he have? No, it wasn't true could it? It was to early to tell but one thing for sure is that if Gabriel is undead then he needs to be killed and fast but Mathias couldn't do it on his own. Gabriel would just be to strong for him and Bastet alone. If not then Gabriel is just doing what he likes most, inflicting fear and trying to make Mathias look the bad guy.

Bastet then stated her point. "I maybe only Mathias' little sister but I'm not really related to him. I'm an adopted pokemon. I think Mathias is the same. Our trainer died in the desert of Orre and we have nowhere to go." After that she raised her psychic powers to hold Mathias in place before realizing she was getting upset and released him. Now that she thought about it, she didn't like getting upset because her powers could cause some serious damage if left unchecked.

OoC)) Short post
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:25 pm

Cinder 166 || Faux 127

Faux clenched her jaw, ready to play damage control on whatever Cinder said or did, but as she snapped at the other Pokemon the fox found her own paws rooted on the spot. The weasel's words lacked any sensitivity but Faux understood where they came from; they both wanted to protect those close to them. Perhaps it was the tension hanging around them, or her sudden outburst, but even Arry was distressed by the events as he whined for them to stop. It was an earnest plea, and not a bad idea by any account, but the horrors they had been through could not be forgotten so quickly. There was merit to his words; they shouldn't judge these Pokemon based on the actions of another, but that didn't apply if said actions were causation. Faux couldn't put her paw on how but the possibility of controlling or leading that insane beast on an undead killing rampage seemed plausible.

"Don't talk back, Arry. You don't know what happened." Cinder growled firmly, her eyes not leaving the dragon for even a second. What was their goal, their plan? Did they want to steal food or shelter? What if they were going to make a meal of the others and they came back just in the nick of time?! With her breath quickening Cinder could feel her inner flame growing, the intensity of the heat reaching deep into her muscles as smoke fettered from her maw. If they lay even a single claw on someone I'll kill them. At the first sign she would leap, no questions asked, and while the look in the lizard's eye said its on a voice came first. "What's going on?!"

In a bid of self defense the dual type poorly explained, "All I wanted to know was what my brother looked like and she kind of flipped out. I can't apologize for my brother's behavior but Gabriel has his own reasons to be hostile. He's always been like that since childhood. He craves power and he'll likely do anything for said power." Faux slowly let out a breath she had been holding, her mind processing all the collected information carefully. "Don't play coy; you're asking if he has the disease." In this world one should assume long lost family and friends are gone, victims of plague and not worth the sleepless nights, but Faux was not about to say such a thing in front of Arry and Miyu.

Whether he knew already or not the fox would answer, her goal to move the conversation away from the moot point. "It's as you would expect for early stage infection." She finally breathed, expanding her previous answer with a bit more context. "Don't play his game, Faux." Cinder barked back, her heightened state having never come down. "He already knows that. He's playing us!" Thrusting her head toward the fox and hound she spoke callously, her gaze flicking back to her accused constantly as she spoke. "What happened was the brother of this Charizard attacked Miyu and Rebel out in the woods. They'd both be dead if we hadn't gotten there in time, but he still beat us all senseless and didn't stop until he got his blood. Hell, it didn't even eat after, it just wanted to kill!" Panting in her own exasperation the smoke from her maw kept darkening in hue. "Damn thing wouldn't shut it's mouth either. Said a lot of weird shit but oh, he just couldn't help but mention his lovely brother Mathias by name!"

Bastet attempted to diffuse things with additional information, though the stress was clearly effecting her as well. "I may only be Mathias' little sister but I'm not really related to him. I'm an adopted Pokemon. I think Mathias is the same. Our trainer died in the desert of Orre and we have nowhere to go." Between the two the Espeon was clearly the brains, but that didn't make her smart. Faux's brown gaze stared with scrutiny as she saw a flash of psychic power. After a moment it was gone, but she was not about to miss the sly, untrustworthy types actions.

Once again Faux stepped in front of Cinder, forcibly body blocking her as she sat squarely and curled her many tails around her petite paws. Allowing herself the chance to speak Faux didn't take her gaze off the conniving psychic as she spoke. "Association is not based on blood, nor is the family we choose. However, Mathias refereed to the infected as brother when I said nothing of whom or what we saw. It was Mathias who assumed something had happened, and that it was his brother's doing, and while correct it shows you know of his risks. Even if our misfortune was not directly your doing the fact that he's out there, and you're still clearly on his damaged mind, puts my Pokemon at risk."

With a rumbling, inward sigh the fox continued along her train of thought, her information pool having grown. "It is unfortunate to hear about your trainer, but strong Pokemon like yourself would make light work of the roads around here. The skies would also be a playground with your typing." Though Faux didn't wholly agree with Cinder she felt the timing was wrong to reprimand her outburst. More so, as she collected her thoughts on the situation it as said them aloud she could no longer standby her prior judgements. Sitting up even straighter her ever calm voice was thoughtful and firm as she resumed. "However, the sins of one should not be punishment of another." Boring her gaze into the starter Pokemon the fox prevailed, preventing another screaming match. "The infected left, and we lingered for some time in those woods without it returning. While there is always a chance of it coming back.. I want to believe it will not change course, and that this meeting is simply a correlation."

"Faux, you can't be serious. How can you--" the starter huffed, but with a flick of one tail against her snout the Quilava was silenced. "These two said they were teleported from Under. Even if they were all together, if it left the area it likely doesn't know where they are anymore. Assuming they are not allied with the undead," she said a stern pause, "even they would not want an old associate to return." Seeing family in such a state wouldn't be pleasant let alone happy, and with 'no place to go' they weren't likely to want their shelter destroyed. "It struck us without reason before, so even with one the point becomes moot. Can we not agree that even if it targets these Pokemon specifically it is likely to come after us either way? I don't love the idea either so soon after that incident, but out of all of us wouldn't you say Arry has the right of it? That we should judge them for their own merits."

((I'm sorry about the length of this post lmao but I didn't want to drag this conversation out for excess cycles.))]
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:11 am

((Skip. My two are remaining silent and letting the others talk.))
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:10 pm

Etincelle 147 | Melanie 147

Etincelle felt a lump building in his throat. Sure, he had had misgivings about the pair, but nothing would have prepared him for such a heated, continuous response from his fiery friends. Mathias' reaction was completely valid, and if he had a chance to get his voice in Etincelle would have defended the Charizard further, but there was hardly a chance to breathe let alone interrupt. Besides, what could he say, or do? Cinder was in no mind too listen, and anything he or Mel added only seemed to fuel her fire. These Pokemon had been kind and polite since arriving though, and as each accusation and bit of info was tossed around he couldn't find it in himself to believe it. They danced for a child. Were it a ruse it was damn well convincing, but the kindhearted Pokemon didn't think them deceiving. This has to be a misunderstanding. Logic told him to believe his leaders, that they only wanted what was best for them, but instinct said otherwise.

Though Melanie was not usually one to hold her tongue she dare not speak over the flood of incoming information. How bad was the attack? Cinder's words made it sound grievous, fatal even, but her sensitive snout hadn't picked up obscene amounts of blood scent. A few wounds perhaps, but beating them senseless? She's either lying or I'm missing something. Everyone was accounted for, so what had it fed on? Was there an innocent passerby caught in the crossfire? Or.. had someone caught the disease and perished?! Her sniffer was working in overdrive, but it wasn't picking up anything new or alarming. Plus.. Rebel sounded cheery, and Etin would have relayed to her with his own inquires. Her mind buzzed, unsure what to make of such notes as Faux shouldered her voice in.

The smaller fox's firm, stalwart voice easily painted a picture of a confident, rational Pokemon trying to both logically explain and rationalize the situation. Mel's mental image was powerful, and she couldn't help but side with her prior evolution. Mathias had indeed filled in some blanks on his own, and knowing such a threat was around would be a liability at say the least. However, the fox wasn't convinced. Intentions aside the air had good hearts, and she wouldn't see them thrown out so quickly.
    "--Can we not agree that even if it targets these Pokemon specifically it is likely to come after us either way? I don't love the idea either so soon after that incident, but out of all of us wouldn't you say Arry has the right of it? That we should judge them for their own merits." Her snappy tongue refused to be held any longer, and the fox finally gave her two cents of what hadn't already been said. "We we're looking at merits they have been nothing but sweet to Arry since arriving. A sick soul couldn't make a child laugh so easily." She wasn't the best with children by any regard, but Mel felt a twinge of jealousy knowing she had not accomplished the same feat. "If this undead is truly so dangerous wouldn't it be safer to keep someone who knows the threat around?"

With a nod Etincelle agreed, taking a single pace forward as he continued off of her. "If Rosko's tragedy is anything to go by I say we should be helping these Pokemon. We've already seen the damage a family squabble can cause; I wouldn't want that guilt on my conscious if you force them to leave." The loss was still fresh, backlogged simply from further trauma, and the hound wasn't ready to have a repeat situation.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:23 pm

Battle Castle|Morning

Cinder snapped at him and the voice she said it wasn't very nice either. Etin and Mel however stood up for Mathias and Bastet. Besides they made him laugh for once and it usually is hard for him to laugh from an adult no less. If anything, he'd like to ask Bastet if she could be an aunt to him and Miyu. Still, who was Rosko? Was he the houndoom they buried? Did something bad happen like bad pokemon killing him? It wasn't something Arry liked thinking about because of how scary it sounds. Right now though he was sad that Cinder had said those words. Mel's tails had been protecting him though and he didn't want to get up to move. They felt so soft and fluffy. "Fluffy fluffy tails, fluffy tails." Arry said as he lays down with the tails cushioning him in warmth. Yet he heard the others clearly with others agreeing to have Mathias and Bastet stay. It would be fun to watch more tricks.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:09 am

OoC)) Skipping Mathias and Bastet this round. They're just letting the others debate.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:29 pm

Cinder 167 || Faux 128

Giving herself a second to breathe Faux allowed the others a chance to weigh in. Whether it be the speech she had just given or not wanting to get between the two fire types most parties remained silent. Perhaps they were hanging on a word, wanting to see how things played out rather than interrupting and ruining the show, but regardless of the reason Faux offered the opportunity to all who would find their voice. "If we're looking at merits they have been nothing but sweet to Arry since arriving. A sick soul couldn't make a child laugh so easily." Mel was the first to speak up, the vocal Pokemon not coming as a surprise as she laid out a fair point.

The fox cast her gaze toward the Ninetales as she spoke before settling upon the small child. Nestled peacefully within the swath of tails he seemed none the wiser to the possibility of a looming threat, the idea going over his head as he remained within wanted company. Children were innocent, naive and trusting, but that didn't make him wrong. "It does stand that I have not seen him so content in some time." It explained why he didn't want the newcomers to leave, and though Arry's thoughts on the situation should not be the only ones taken into account Faux found herself nodding in agreement with Mel's point.

Cinder felt the fur along her spine tingle and stand. Its just a deceptive trick. By going through Arry they could get the others to lower their guard, and work their way into their trust. It seemed almost too plausible to the starter, but before she could argue back Mel continued."If this undead is truly so dangerous wouldn't it be safer to keep someone who knows the threat around?" "That's just a man on the inside!" Cinder barked before a light bulb idea could form. The Charizard could leak information, make signals, lay a trap... or, they could?  Her face fell flat, jaw hanging as she considered the idea. Unless they're willing to talk.

That idea fizzled away as Etin entered with his own thoughts. "If Rosko's tragedy is anything to go by I say we should be helping these Pokemon. We've already seen the damage a family squabble can cause; I wouldn't want that guilt on my conscious if you force them to leave." The small Pokemon's words were firm, harsh but not cruel, and it left both fire types silent. Like a punch to the gut Cinder recalled Rosko's message of the two of them being captains. Was this what he had meant..? Help them? What did these Pokemon even want?! They.. didn't really ask for anything. They just had no place to go. If they were trying to coerce something from them they had done pretty bad job. It just... didn't add up.

Cinder's head fell to the floor, her thoughts whirling while Faux's made a similar motion out of respect for the lost. She had failed to protect Rosko and his blood would always stain her paws. Was this truly the same thing? Could they really do anything to prevent yet another tragedy? We couldn't save Rebel. Her pelt burned; had they already failed? If the beast came back would any of them stand a chance? Not alone. Shame hung heavy on the fox's shoulders, her failures ever clear in her mind. If she could prevent something damned would she be not to try.

"You are right, Etincelle. Such events should not be repeated." Raising her head the fox spoke clearly to her small audience. "These two Pokemon should be judged fairly, and speculation aside have done little outside of standing with here." Cinder's ears perked, her head tilting suspiciously as she looked with wide eyes at her fellow. "For that reason, this should be a shared decision; Let us cast a vote."

"Raise a paw if you feel they should stay."
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:50 am

The Battle Castle | Midday | (168)(98)

Silence hung on the air like the ever present scent of decay, heavy and foreboding like an omen of bad things.

One thing Rebel always imagined would disappear early into the epidemic was the moral decisions that he’d always found so troublesome. Things would be a lot less complicated in a worry-about-yourself, abandon everyone else type of scenario.
    His eyes trailed to the somber Eevee for just a moment. Yeah… you changed my entire life.

"If we're looking at merits they have been nothing but sweet to Arry since arriving. A sick soul couldn't make a child laugh so easily."
    The duo both looked to Melanie with radically different thoughts on the point— the more cynical Jolteon placing little faith in the point, as being a con artist was something he was familiar with. It just took a bit of practice.
    Meanwhile the Eevee took her words to heart, agreeing with the point but remaining iffy on the decision regardless.
    "It does stand that I have not seen him so content in some time." Faux added.

"If this undead is truly so dangerous wouldn't it be safer to keep someone who knows the threat around?" Mel continued her point.
    Rebel’s ears perked at the implied skepticism from the fox.
    Cinder barked immediately in response. "That's just a man on the inside!"

"If Rosko's tragedy is anything to go by I say we should be helping these Pokemon. We've already seen the damage a family squabble can cause; I wouldn't want that guilt on my conscious if you force them to leave."
    Rebel frowned at the memory of their fallen companion. His minds eye saw Rosko’s death through a red, hazy filter completely opposite of his now clear and bright vision. And her.

"You are right, Etincelle. Such events should not be repeated." Faux rose high and spoke with authority, silencing the room like a judge in a courtroom with her words. "These two Pokemon should be judged fairly, and speculation aside have done little outside of standing with here."

"For that reason, this should be a shared decision; Let us cast a vote." Their was a brief pause and a heavy silence. "Raise a paw if you feel they should stay."

Rebel kept his gaze firmly on the floor for a solid minute before shooting a look to Etincelle. He rose his paw in support of the two and silently credited the canine in swaying his decision.
    Miyu pressed herself into the Jolteon’s side and he could feel her small body shaking lightly. He thought she was cold at first but suddenly realized, as both her paws remained planted, she was distraught by her vote to cast the two out.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:38 pm

Etincelle 148 | Melanie 148

Though their voices had reached the fiery duo the pair was tense. Was this the boiling or breaking point? Cinder barked back as though she wanted to argue more, but then held back for some reason. The disdain on her strained face was palpable, her conflicting feelings becoming more apparent as the boisterous 'discussion' languished on. For a moment Etincelle thought she would regain her nerve and carry on, but their voice of reason addressed the room so firmly even the Quilava didn't dare to oppose her. "You are right, Etincelle. Such events should not be repeated." A tingle trickled down the Electrike's spine and he gave a fervent nod. Perhaps he had subconsciously been playing to his audience by using Faux's guilt against her, but even so he could take solace in knowing it had worked to sway her judgement. No one deserved such a fate, and he would always stand by that.

"These two Pokemon should be judged fairly, and speculation aside, they have done little outside of standing with here." Again he nodded with sharp agreement. While he had been suspicious of the Pokemon and rightfully wary Etin never thought them to be the evil, conniving demons Cinder was making them out to be. But while trusting Etincelle was not blind. He understood her fears, no matter how unproportional her reaction may have been. They should he concerned, they should be careful and not blindly trust unknown Pokemon, but where he expected a simple 'give them a chance' from Faux he found an unanticipated act of diplomacy. "For that reason, this should be a shared decision; Let us cast a vote. Raise a paw if you feel they should stay."

With his paws shaking the shiny Pokemon didn't need any time to consider. In all their time here there was not a single moment of malice or suspicion, only appropriate doubt and caution. Even without making his final point he saw no reason to send them away, nor any benefit in safety from doing so for either party. Pushing onto his haunches Etin raised his paw as high as possible, daring to overcome his short stature as he made his position abundantly clear. He beamed, eyeing the room proudly as he wondered.. Would it be unanimous or dividing? For whatever reason he recalled his own stumblings upon the group and how he was met with welcome and open arms. They had faced so much hardship since then it was understandable to be so on edge, but his innocent heart still longed for those simpler days. With a soft tilt of his head he looked toward Mel, remembering the small Vulpix who was once the same size as him. He wondered, was she thinking the same?

The fox's reaction was strikingly different in that, well, she did not move. She was very still, her stiff body becoming more and more noticeably uncomfortable. Her mind was not concerned with right or wrong, who's paws were moving or not, or even if any eyes were looking at her. Regardless of her choice she was locked in a very poor position, unable to cast a vote. Shifting her broken leg Melanie winced at the pain, and though she shuffled her weight she could not lift either foreleg without a bolt of agony. Laying still in their shelter had helped dull the pain but the tension that had been building stripped that small comfort from her.

Ignoring it as best she could the fox weighed the choice. Cinder's issue with Charizards was not her problem, nor was anyone else's feelings for them which was apparently a hot topic. She had no qualms with Mathias personally, and having a pair of wings with them could be beneficial, though it was yet another fire type for their burning roster. As she considered the other Melanie still felt the twinge of jealously over Bastet making Arry laugh, and the petty side of her did not want that rivalry. But its not a competition. It never was, and she would be a fool to make an issue out of nothing. Again, the Espeon had been exceedingly sweet to Arry and made up where their group lacked in proper child care, though they shouldn't immediately trust a newcomer with their youngest.

The Ninetales frowned, her thoughts coming to a sudden halt. Though she had gone over the each side in hopes of making an unbiased decision she realized her sway for either Pokemon was neutral at best. She had defended them out of moral obligation but with the choice opened to the floor she realized she did not feel strongly either way. They were still strangers, nice but unknown, and such a harsh welcoming party didn't bode well camaraderie. Shifting her limbs one more time the fox winced at the sharp pain from her broken leg and kept them both firmly on the floor. With such flaccid feelings over the whole thing her ultimately decision was almost arbitrary; the pain needed to raise a paw was not worth it, thus she did not.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:35 am

Battle Castle|Midday

Arry raised his paw as high as he could in support of having them stay. They made him laugh which is rather hard to do in this world, but why does Cinder want to throw them out? They didn't do anything wrong to deserve this. What could Arry do to get Cinder to change her mind on this? Absolutely nothing. Only other way is to get the two sides to work together but it would make them worried to much. Even if it ties this would mean they would have to work together.

OoC)) Short post. Can't really think on what I want Arry to do other than raising his tiny paw up.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:07 pm

Battle Castle|Midday
    77|40

Mathias felt unsure of what the votes would lead. All he knew was that he felt untrusted and that was a problem. Does he have any way to prove to them he can be trusted or is it to the point where they would cast them out. He already heard rumors that Pallet town was in bad shape. The Charizard sighed heavily feeling like he's a failure for this. It would just be easier for him to leave Bastet behind and face his brother alone, but chances are that if rumors are true then he may not survive that fight. Yet he stood there feeling down and doubtful of his own abilities. Glass and the others are nowhere to be seen, their trainer's dead, heaven forbid that their town is in one piece from this hellish nightmare. He honestly didn't know anymore of what he wanted in his life anymore.

Bastet seen Mathias visibly down on himself. She couldn't do anything for him at this point since he was shutting her out at this point. The espeon had to say something. "Mathias.... I know you all don't trust him but he's really not bad. True his words need work but honestly he has a good heart. If you want him to talk, he'll talk but please, don't blame him for something he has no idea about." That was all that Bastet could say but honestly they don't want to steal anything from them.

OoC)) Short post, might expand tomorrow if I feel less pain from work.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:52 pm

Cinder 168 || Faux 129

Faux watched in silence as each Pokemon made a decision and cast their vote in turn. She withheld any judgement; this was a fair act of diplomacy, with neither side being attacked for their choice. Though, she was surprised to see the pairings voting against one another. They are individuals. Such a development changed nothing aside from adding insight, and the Vulpix continued to sit and watch until all votes had been cast.

Beside her, Cinder stared with a harsh venom to her gaze. Even though the fox was not looking her direction she could feel the intensity of her look, like sharp claws borrowing into her flesh. Was the starter angry that they could not come to an agreement, that her judgement had been swayed, or that she had striped them of ultimate decision? It was unclear, the harsh look saying so much and so little at the same time, but it was better than having her lash out again. The Quilava hunched herself awkwardly, compressing her long body to make a silent point of keeping all four of her paws on the ground; she was firmly against this entire thing.

But, it did not matter, as the fox made her choice before the other fire type. Truthfully, she had planned to abstain, but six votes and a tie forced her hand. Remaining in her regal sit she raised one paw, her shoulder stretching awkwardly to keep her other three on the ground. Again, she did not look at the starter, but the sharp gasp she heard spoke volumes. A stab in the back, an act of insubordination, the harsh sting of betrayal from someone you care deeply about.. the fox's own heart felt the jab, but with a deep breath she remained her ever stalwart self even as the Quilava turned her back on her.

"It is decided then." The fox declared as she set her paw back down. Most already knew the result, it wasn't a private vote after all, but such announcements were much more official. "Our group shall welcome our two newcomers." It was done, the choice made, but the fox felt no relief or resolve in the matter. Perhaps it was the bad blood they had started with, or the deciding feelings that had been displayed amongst her own. Would this decision ultimately break up her team? As she cast her hazy gaze toward the brooding Quilava she knew only time would tell, and tried to move on from the heat with a little camaraderie. "Come, it is about time we ate."

With light, delicate steps Faux got to her paws and started to make her way toward the berries they had gathered. A shared meal usually brought people and Pokemon together, and though it wasn't the best timing she hoped for the best nonetheless.
    Cinder was forced to turn around and cross her path, the other fire type keeping her head down in anger. Faux half expected her to remain silent, that any words she had planned would not stand after their decision, but the Quilava didn't have that sort of judgement. Stopping for only a moment she spoke just as coldly, the words coming out quietly on her breath. "'Judge 'em on their own merits' or whatever, but that doesn't put us on good terms." As though she said nothing the starter continued to walk, leaving Faux to wonder who 'us' entailed.
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:41 am

The Battle Castle | Midday | (169)(99)

The moments rolling by as each Pokémon cast their vote were tense— a pin drop could’ve made enough noise to elicit a jump from the duo, which left Rebel to wonder what it was like to be the two on trial. Would they even want to stay in the group after such harsh reactions from some members? Was this just causing unnecessary discord amongst what was otherwise a very tight-knit group of survivors?

Based upon the Quilava’s vicious opposition to the new faces, it was all too apparent the already-tense waters would begin boiling the moment Faux set forth her tie-breaker vote.
    The decision was made in a single motion, in the single second that it took the fox to raise her paw and solidify the outcome of their diplomacy.
    "It is decided then." Faux affirmed. "Our group shall welcome our two newcomers."

The mood was soured by the fiery starters concerning dismay, the supposed “welcoming,” being very little of the definition.
    "Come, it is about time we ate." Faux stated and began to move gracefully towards their gathered spoils.

The two fell in step behind, minding their own business and ignoring the cold whispers of an infuriated weasel that were just too quiet for them to understand.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 9:11 pm