Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

I don't have a twin problem shush

Maximum
    Maximum
    Elite
    Elite

I don't have a twin problem shush Empty I don't have a twin problem shush

Post by Maximum Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:33 am

Caleb "Cup" Kettle
    Text Color e13615
    Theme(s) Kicks by Barnes Courtney
    Item -Universal Communicator
    -Deck of cards
    -Several dice (d6s)
    -Gun cleaning/care kit
    -Survival supplies (bedroll, canteen, flint and steel, etc)
    -Lockpicks
    -Angel Feather (WITH THE HELL THIS THING GAVE US, I BETTER GET TO KEEP IT)
    Weapons -Handgun, limited ammo
    -Molotov
    -
    Biological Sex Male
    Gender Identity He|Him|His
    Birthdate September 29
    Age 17 years
    Species Human
    Weight 100 lbs
    Height 5'1"
    Region of origin Lentimas, Unova
    Occupation Pokemon Trainer
    Party His trainer style was focused on relentless attacking, and his party reflects that.
    Pkm 1
    I don't have a twin problem shush 311
    I don't have a twin problem shush Pokeball
    Name- Toulouse
    Gender- Male
    Text colour- efa54a
    Species- Plusle
    Level- 50
    Ability- Plus
    Attack list-
    -Nuzzle (Start)
    -Thunder (TM)
    -Grass Knot (TM)
    -Signal Beam (Tutor)
    **Any additional notes (items, scars, current status, et cetra)
    Pkm 2
    I don't have a twin problem shush 855s-png
    I don't have a twin problem shush Timerball
    Name- Valentine
    Gender- Male
    Text colour- EEEB8D
    Species- Polteageist
    Level- 50
    Ability- Weak Armor
    Attack list-
    -Shadow Ball (Level)
    -Nasty Plot (Level)
    -Stored Power (TR)
    -Dark Pulse (TR)
    Pkm 3
    I don't have a twin problem shush M3iOvX7
    I don't have a twin problem shush Fastball
    Name- Marie
    Gender- Female
    Text colour- efefef
    Species- Meowstic
    Level- 50
    Ability- Competitive
    Attack list-
    -Psychic (Level)
    -Shadow Ball (Level)
    -Energy Ball (TM)
    -Hidden Power [Fire] (TM)
    **Wearing a red bandana. Any additional notes (items, scars, current status, et cetra)
    Pkm 4
    I don't have a twin problem shush BTTihyl
    I don't have a twin problem shush Luxuryball
    Name- Soren
    Gender- Male
    Text colour- 9D8851
    Species- Togeren
    Level- 50
    Ability- Serene Grace
    Attack list-
    -Extremespeed (Level)
    -Shadow Ball (TM)
    -Dazzling Gleam (TM)
    -Tailwind (Tutor)
    Pkm 5
    I don't have a twin problem shush 038
    I don't have a twin problem shush Premierball
    Name- Kurama
    Gender- Female
    Text colour- E32636
    Species- Ninetales
    Level- 50
    Ability- Flash Fire
    Attack list-
    -Flamethrower (Start)
    -Energy Ball (TM)
    -Dark Pulse (TM)
    -Psyshock (TM)
    Pkm 6

Name-
    Gender-
    Text colour-
    Species-
    Level-
    Ability-
    Attack list-
    -MOVE1 (METHOD)
    -MOVE2 (METHOD)
    -MOVE3 (METHOD)
    -MOVE4 (METHOD)
    Quote "Oh come on,  why can't I have the coin?"
    History Caleb and Mulligan were born in Lentimas town to some local potters who loved their trade, and as the boys grew, they were introduced to the craft as well. Their lives were fairly peaceful, except when Caleb got into trouble, but even then, it wasn't anything major. Between the other townspeople keeping an eye on them and some sheer luck, any misfortune that fell on them was short-lived.

Until their parents died while Caleb and Mulligan had been out playing one day.

It had been deemed an accident; one of the ovens had a faulty fuse, and the dry climate only exacerbated the fire. Their parents had just been... Unlucky.

Still too young to properly process this, they were given to their grandfather's custody. He originally lived elsewhere, but he decided to buy a house in Lentimas so that the boys wouldn't have to change their lives so much after a tragedy. He maintained his small home so that they would have a place they could visit and get away from the dry climate in Lentimas, but he predominately stayed there while they grew.

Despite his best efforts, their loss affected them deeply. Caleb's recklessness and aggression amplified; angered at the senseless loss, he took out his frustrations on others. Grandpa tried direct the boy's energy to less destructive activities, and while that succeeded a little, Caleb was still prone to impulsive actions and words.

Once they were old enough to go on their journeys, Grandpa Kettle gave them the option to pick the usual Unovan starters, but they decided they wanted to start with a Plusle and a Minun that they had adopted. The fact that these Pokemon worked well in battle naturally caused them to dabble in multi-battles fairly early. They generally followed the single battle's format that most other people used, but they found that they really enjoyed double battles, and especially battles where they could battle together.

Caleb's battle strategy could be summed up with "Hit it hard and fast," and the brute force behind the attacks were often enough to take opponents down quickly. Unfortunately, if a battle started lasting longer than anticipated, he would start floundering. When battling with his brother, however, he found that it was a lot easier to maintain his momentum since Mulligan could ensure that his Pokemon could stay standing for longer.

At one point, he heard about a really rare item called an Angel Feather that would allow his Togetic to evolve into a rare Pokemon that was sleeker and faster than the Togekiss his brother had. Buying one wasn't an option... unless he managed to win enough money for it. Unfortunately, they didn't have the skill level to win that amount of money normally, and the Battle Subway was even more difficult. Even if the latter had the option to let the brothers fight together.

So instead, he dug into the backstreets of Nimbasa until he found people who could... look the other way about his age and were willing to loan him the money he needed. Caleb, not reading the fine print, immediately jumped on it, and finally bought the coveted feather that evolved his Togetic. He didn't tell his grandfather or brother at first how he finally managed it, but Mulligan was with him when the collecter came knocking.

Unable to pay the full amount right then, he was dragged back to the loan shark who told him that if he couldn't pay up, then he was going to have to pay in favors. Since he had decently strong Pokemon, he could go collect from other people who were dodging their collections. If he couldn't get the money, then he was supposed to get something from them instead.

He hated it, but without a way to get out of the deal without bloodshed, he complied. He didn't want to die, for his brother to die, or for their Pokemon to get sold because of his stupid mistake. Between him and his brother, they were able to find ways to accomplish their tasks with minimal casualties.

When the Epidemic started, they wanted to go home to their grandfather, but the debt holder wanted them as body guards. More accurately, cannon fodder, but regardless, they weren't allowed to leave. Easily.

To this day, Caleb has no idea the full extent of what Mulligan did, but after a year of being forced to hunker down with an awful man who didn't care if they lived or died, they were suddenly told they should leave immediately. They almost weren't allowed to grab their stuff until Mulligan muttered something to one of his Pokemon. Whatever they thought he said, it made them back off from the boys long enough for them to pack supplies and then leave.

Immediately, they flew to both locations they thought their grandfather might be, but they were unable to find him or his Pokemon. The homes had been looted, but a few sentimental items were picked up. Unsure of what else to do, they wandered the region; being very careful to avoid the debtholder's area. As time went, their journeys took them further...
    Accent Loud, and expressive. (NE accent?)
    Appearance -Pale skin
    -Messy white hair
    -Big red eyes
    -Wearing a dark red turtleneck sweater
    -Black pants?
    -Brown boots
    -Scrawny short boy
    Religion HAHAHAHA  //finger guns away
    Personality -Ready to fight at any given moment
    Despite, or perhaps because of, his smaller size, he is unafraid of confronting others if he feels he has been slighted
    -Impulsive
    If something looks fun or profitable, he wants to try it out immediately. This has absolutely blown up in his face a few times, and while he's gotten a bit better about it when long term consequences are involved, smaller things like snatching one of his brother's candies when he isn't looking still happen.
    -Hides vulnerability with anger or jokes depending on the situation
    He doesn't like showing weakness to others, so he often hides pain with anger and will make jokes to make light of serious matters that are brought up. He can be serious, but it often involves someone, most likely his brother, telling him to stop laughing.
    -Aggressive
    In battle and in life, he is often leading the charge in fights.
    -Trickster
    He loves playing pranks on people, but he leans more towards physical pranks.
    -Playful
    He will pun at any given moment, and he loves doing bits with his brother.
    -Protective streak a mile wide involving his brother and their Pokemon
    -Can be blunt. Not the negotiator
    He doesn't like dancing around topics and will bluntly get to the point. This leads into him playing the bad cop if the two of them are trying to get information out of someone.
    Affiliations N/A
    User Notes -Very loosely based on Cuphead from Cuphead.
    -Meowstic sprite from the XY Smogon Spriting Project
    -Polteageist sprite from the Sword and Shield Smogon Spriting Project

Mulligan "Mug" Kettle
    Text Color 1588e1
    Theme(s) The Wolf by Siames
    Item -Universal Communicator
    -two loaded dice
    -fake coin that contains a wire and a small razor blade
    -Small sewing kit
    -Gun cleaning kit
    -Medkit
    -Survival supplies (bedroll, canteen, flint and steel, etc)
    -Lockpicks
    -Sketchbook and pencils
    Weapons -Handgun, limited ammo
    Biological Sex Male
    Gender Identity He|Him|His
    Birthdate September 29
    Age 17 years
    Species Human
    Weight 100 lbs
    Height 5'1"
    Region of origin Lentimas, Unova
    Occupation Pokemon Trainer
    Party His style revolved around making Caleb's Pokemon more effective in battle, and his team reflects a much more defensive style of battling.
    Pkm 1
    I don't have a twin problem shush 312
    I don't have a twin problem shush Greatball
    Name- Fiver
    Gender- Male
    Text colour- A5435C
    Species- Minun
    Level- 50
    Ability- Minus
    Attack list-
    -Nuzzle (Start)
    -Discharge (Level)
    -Rain Dance (TM)
    -Helping Hand (Level)
    Pkm 2
    I don't have a twin problem shush 855-png
    I don't have a twin problem shush Diveball
    Name- Ishmael
    Gender- Male
    Text colour-  42647F
    Species- Polteageist
    Level- 50
    Ability- Cursed Body
    Attack list-
    -Strength Sap (Start)
    -Giga Drain (Level)
    -Shadow Ball (Level)
    -Light Screen (TM)
    Pkm 3
    I don't have a twin problem shush Meowstic
    I don't have a twin problem shush Moonball
    Name- Berlioz
    Gender- Male
    Text colour- 847363
    Species- Meowstic
    Level- 50
    Ability- Prankster
    Attack list-
    -Misty Terrain (Level)
    -Heal Bell (Tutor)
    -Reflect (Level)
    -Psychic (Level)
    Pkm 4
    I don't have a twin problem shush 468
    I don't have a twin problem shush Netball
    Name- Gylfie
    Gender- Female
    Text colour- 8A8A8A
    Species- Togekiss
    Level- 50
    Ability- Serene Grace
    Attack list-
    -Air Slash (Start)
    -Safeguard (Pre-evolution Level)
    -Life Dew (Start)
    -Dazzling Gleam (Level)
    Pkm 5
    I don't have a twin problem shush Alolan%20ninetales
    I don't have a twin problem shush Heavyball
    Name- Ahri
    Gender- Female
    Text colour- CD6090
    Species- Ninetales (Alolan)
    Level- 50
    Ability- Snow Warning
    Attack list-
    -Dazzling Gleam (Evolution)
    -Blizzard (TM)
    -Aurora Veil (TM)
    -Confuse Ray (Start)
    Pkm 6

Name-
    Gender-
    Text colour-
    Species-
    Level-
    Ability-
    Attack list-
    -MOVE1 (METHOD)
    -MOVE2 (METHOD)
    -MOVE3 (METHOD)
    -MOVE4 (METHOD)
    Quote "Cause you managed to stab yourself with it."
    History Caleb and Mulligan were born in Lentimas town to some local potters who loved their trade, and as the boys grew, they were introduced to the craft as well. Their lives were fairly peaceful, except when Caleb got into trouble, but even then, it wasn't anything major. Between the other townspeople keeping an eye on them and some sheer luck, any misfortune that fell on them was short-lived.

Until their parents died while Caleb and Mulligan had been out playing one day.

It had been deemed an accident; one of the ovens had a faulty fuse, and the dry climate only exacerbated the fire. Their parents had just been... Unlucky.

Still too young to properly process this, they were given to their grandfather's custody. He originally lived elsewhere, but he decided to buy a house in Lentimas so that the boys wouldn't have to change their lives so much after a tragedy. He maintained his small home so that they would have a place they could visit and get away from the dry climate in Lentimas, but he predominately stayed there while they grew.

Despite his best efforts, their loss affected them deeply. In Mulligan's case, the boy threw himself into his studies, and he spent significant amounts of time perfecting pottery techniques. If not that, he would be sketching ideas of things he could try to put on the next one. One of the few things that could get him out of his room was Caleb's insistence to join him in his next adventure, and Mulligan found it hard to say no. Sometimes this was would be out of annoyance, and other times it was because he was genuinely curious. Other times, it was because Caleb would be getting into something dangerous, and Mulligan refused to lose him to something stupid.

Once they were old enough to go on their journeys, Grandpa Kettle gave them the option to pick the usual Unovan starters, but they decided they wanted to start with a Plusle and a Minun that they had adopted. The fact that these Pokemon worked well in battle naturally caused them to dabble in multi-battles fairly early. They generally followed the single battle's format that most other people used, but they found that they really enjoyed double battles, and especially battles where they could battle together.

Mulligan's style was more defensive and supportive than outright attacking, but he was still a skilled tactician even when he wasn't relying on his brother's Pokemon to be the main firepower. He might not have had the quickest battles, but he had a tendency to pull very difficult wins out of the jaws of defeat.

They both ended up getting Togepi who evolved into Togetic, and while Mulligan had no issues with evolving his with a Shiny Stone, Caleb seemed hesitant. He wanted his own Pokemon, and when he heard about Togeren, he was starstruck. Mulligan didn't know how Caleb got the Angel Feather, and when he asked, the question was swept away at every attempt. He wouldn't get an answer until a debt collector dragged them to the person Caleb had borrowed money from. And of course, he couldn't pay him back.

Mulligan barely kept his cool at the time, and it was mostly because he himself was being threatened as part of the threat to Caleb. He agreed to help his brother dig himself out of this mess, even though it meant they were both being used as hired muscle. Which was very strange since they themselves weren't threatening, but their Pokemon could be threatening, he guessed.

Which he took advantage of at any given moment when around their debt holder. Even if his Pokemon weren't hard hitters like Caleb's, they were difficult to take down. Their Plusle and Minun could be outright scary due to having accurate Thunder on hand.

This was the start of Mulligan's plan to get them out of this mess.

His plans were interrupted when an illness struck Unova and started turning Pokemon into undead creatures who attacked anything that got close. He really wanted to just bail and try to find their grandfather, but the debt holder demanded that they stay. It didn't take Mulligan long to notice that the debt holder's empire was gone. Half of the man's Pokemon had been put down, and most of his cronies were either dead or severely weakened by the loss of their own Pokemon.

Mulligan patiently waited as their Pokemon grew even stronger, and then he finally confronted the debt holder. He made it clear that they and their Pokemon were obviously the most dangerous things here, and they simply wanted to leave. Their strong Pokemon were obviously a double-edged sword, and it would be extremely risky if they got sick. This initially didn't go over very well, but one of his Pokemon pinned the man down. And Mulligan repeated his offer more bluntly.

They were allowed to leave immediately, and while they initially almost shoved out with just the clothes off their backs, Mulligan whispered an order to his Alolan Ninetales. Without waiting to see what the order was, the men backed off and let them get their personal effects and a few other supplies.

Immediately, they flew to both locations they thought their grandfather might be, but they were unable to find him or his Pokemon. The homes had been looted, but a few sentimental items were picked up. Unsure of what else to do, they wandered the region; being very careful to avoid the debtholder's area. As time went, their journeys took them further...
    Accent Easily excitable, but generally quieter than Caleb (NE accent?)
    Appearance -Neat white hair
    -fair skin
    -Round blue eyes
    -Bigger nose than Caleb
    -Dark blue/navy turtleneck sweater
    -Black pants
    -Brown boots
    -Also short and scrawny
    Religion He doesn't really subscribe to any religion, but he's pretty familiar with the big ones
    Personality -Peacemaker
    Mug is often calming down situations caused by his brother thoughtlessly aggravating a situation. He knows how to soothe his brother's temper, and is good at picking up what will calm other people.
    -Level headed
    Under pressure, he can keep his head and plan out what needs to be done.
    -Unfortunately easily dragged into his brother's ideas
    He is curious about what his brother comes up with, and can get easily conned into getting dragged along
    -As they've gotten older, he's gotten better about telling him no
    -Good at negotiating
    Mug is the face of the operations due to his ability to read other people and his ability to keep up a facade.
    -Gentle
    He knows how to handle people and Pokemon of delicate constitutions. Willingly drops his voice to coax timid people into speaking.
    -Kind
    He's the first to suggest ways to help others.
    This isn't to say his brother isn't, it's just Cup will be a bit more backhanded or wary about it.
    -Willing to show weakness
    Unlike his brother's chronic desire to hide how he feels, Mug doesn't mind crying or otherwise showing his emotions.
    Can be drawn to tears more easily
    -Has his limits and has read his brother the riot act
    -He is playful too, but he tends to reign it in. Also more prone to pranks that are planned out.
    -Devious when he wants to be
    He is perfectly capable of lying with a straight face and few tells, but he generally chooses not to.
    His brother refuses to ever get in a prank war while on opposing sides from his brother. This is for a good reason.
    -Nerdlord
    -Artistic
    He used to enjoy painting their projects, and he has a strong appreciation for beauty
    Affiliations N/A
    User Notes -Very loosely based on Mugman from Cuphead. Both of them became their own thing, so the initial inspiration is there, but they're not exactly the same.
    -Some copy and pasting of their histories because they share their histories mostly.
    -Meowstic sprite from the XY Smogon Spriting Project
    -Polteageist sprite from the Sword and Shield Smogon Spriting Project
    -Alolan Ninetales sprite from the Sun and Moon Smogon Spriting Project
    -Moves and mons are tentative and subject to change for both humans depending on what is allowed with the newest gen. I just wanted to post these up so I'd have them online somewhere

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:01 am