Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+5
Dandelion
renegade
Min
2KB
identitist
9 posters

(ACE) The LOST Team

Moon Moon
    Moon Moon
    Ace
    Ace

(ACE) The LOST Team - Page 2 Empty Re: (ACE) The LOST Team

Post by Moon Moon Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:16 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    LOST TOWER. FIRST LARGE FLOOR. TIME UNKNOWN. 16

Out of the corner of his vision, the metamorph noticed several dark shapes darting out of his line of vision, glancing over to look at those who were fleeing in screaming terror. He was tempted to chase after them, but he knew better than to confront someone in the grips of fear, especially not with his visage. "It'll be alright..." A promise he knew he couldn't keep, but looking over the scene of death and destruction it was all he could do to keep himself from tears. The sight while familiar, had yet to lessen in it's impact on Uboa. The death of a stranger bringing up almost as much emotion as when She passed. He was able to remain in control in this instance at least. As much as the shape shifter would like to deny it, the pangs of hunger felt when he gazed at the fresh pools of blood helped to keep his emotional composure along side his resolve. Both were great indeed. His static mask kept that eternally same, indeterminate expression. With a deep intake of iron air, he released it in a low sigh, once again taking on a professional mannerism. Though in this  instance, if one were to look at The black Ditto his emotional state would be entirely unknown for an outside viewer. This was preferred for the masked entity.

A bright flash of light caught his eye and turning his head, protrusions quirking as to better pick up sound. He let out a low, groaning sound as he prepared to shape shift into whatever beasts made their way down the hall. Voices, intelligent and familiar drifted towards him, so Uboa lowered his guard slightly. "Who could that be?" Murmuring this thought aloud, the shape shifter glanced around quickly in the room around him looking for a place to hide. Unfortunately, there were no nooks or crannies that were not soaked in blood, and unless he wanted to tempt his appetite the shape shifter had few places to go. Raising his voice slightly, as just barely to be heard inside the room, The Ditto spoke in a calm and firm tone. "Alright, if any of you are still in this room with me, someone else is coming. If you are to pursue any course of action, now is the time to prepare." He doubted anyone would come out of their own accord at this moment, especially after the appearance of that demon. Uboa could easily imagine just how much fear the others were feeling right now, a crushing terror that with even just a hint of it makes one feel like they're being suffocated. He knew because a trace of that fear made it's home in his own heart. "Come out to deal with our guests with me if you should wish, otherwise I will do it myself." Knowing that he had spoken far too much to retain the element of surprise, The black blob straightened itself to look presentable. Strolling over near a crack in the wall. He could not sense any powerful presence nearby, and if his instincts were wrong he could make a quick escape.

Last edited by Moon Moon on Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kaze
    Kaze
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Kaze Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:33 pm

Lost Tower [B1] / Time Unknown \ [6] | (1)

"Gross." The fighting/dark type whispers fearfully to himself.

For him to force himself tighter into the corner he would have to have a triangular backbone. His claws are digging into his scaled skin deeper and deeper. His bulging eyes are as wide as they can go and the pupils' tiny pinprick dots quivering in the white.

His mouth hangs open with his long tongue hanging over his tombstone teeth. A string of saliva curls off the end and drops into his lap.

"Grossgrossgrossgrossgrossgrossgrossgross..." He whispers over and over to himself.

His eyes roll back in his head, streaked with red veins and staring at nothing. He can hear movements in the darkness, a subtle brush of something against stone.

With his arms twisted over his body he can't push himself any closer into this crack. He blinks and it makes a small wet sound. Is this how he is going to die? Varanus had no delusions about not deserving it or it being unfair. The bitter feeling eating away at his heart wasn't fear, it was frustration. The insane Aggron was going to rip him to pieces and he was terrified but more than anything before he died he wanted to feel yellow again...

"Alright, if any of you are still in this room with me, someone else is coming. If you are to pursue any course of action, now is the time to prepare." A voice echoes from the room.

The Scrafty doesn't so much as flinch.

"Gross." He whispers to himself, sunken too deeply into his despair to try moving.

"Come out to deal with our guests with me if you should wish, otherwise I will do it myself." They were going to deal with that Aggron?

His teeth click together.

That was so naive it was irritating.

<><><>

A few pure notes ring out in the empty building. With sedate flaps of cloud-like wings a speck of blue cheerily flaps through the desolate tower.

He has no idea how he got there or what happened to the rest of his team but for now the tiny Swablu doesn't care about that.
    The grime and flecks of blood he is seeing on the rocks doesn't bother him either. Unlike most of his species he couldn't care less for keeping things clean and his feather were usually a bird's nest.

The Swablu hums to himself as he flaps on. The tower's empty rooms pick up the sound and makes it echo but not enough that it drowns out another sound. Two voices talking...

Driven by nothing more than simple curiosity the flying type perches on a crag of shattered stone and cocks his head to the side. His wings flutter as he listens in to the pair's conversation.

With a loud noise the door breaks open and the Swablu swiftly takes wing, tucking his small body behind the lump of stone. He peers out into the corridor as the two walk past him.

A Lopunny and a Glaceon but not in the colors he knows. The small flying type scratches his head. Well they don't seem hostile and that's good enough for him.

The Swablu takes flight and drops lightly onto the dark-furred rabbit's head without even thinking of asking, landing right between its fluffy ears. With a small 'peep' it curls in it's large cottony wings so the Lopunny appears to be wearing a white trimmed hat.

Without bothering to introduce himself he settles down to rest his wings, believing in some implicit law of the universe would grant him a free ride whenever he wanted it.

((OOC: Permission has been given for Kheru to land on Alice. Permission is granted for her to get him off in any manner she desires))
    Requiem
    Requiem
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Requiem Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:18 pm

Lost Tower [B1] | Time Unknown | Post 57||35

Cheshire and Alice walk walk in silence for a bit, Alice not admitting she was utterly lost. She kept looking back at the ice type, the lack of a eyeball was curious and why he was so dirty and discolored " Cheshire?, the ice fox stopped and turned to her. " Why are you miss a-" touching just under her right eye, the galceon blinked tilting his head. " Cheshire is not sure." walking off again. Alice huffed a little more clearly annoyed by the pokemon and the location. Speeding up a little to regain lost distance between the two of them.

" AYE YA!" screaming as something lands on her head, flailing her paws around trying to knock what ever it was off. Cheshire turning to the cry seeing something blue and white on his black friend. His fur spiking up as a cool aura forms around him, icy wind getting ready to blast from his half parted maw. " Eeek! get it off get it off" Alice pawing at it getting what ever it was off her head. Seeing it was a blue and white fluffy bird. " What do you think you're DOING!" yelling at it now with a few stomps of her feet on the floor. Cheshire blinked confused by the reaction Alice gave as it didn't look like it meant harm. Back off and watching now quietly.

Alice grooming her black fur and ears back down, grumbling. Turning back to the bird. Now feeling kinda bad for pawing at it. Alice sighed heavy " that's not how you greet people by startling them." combing the last bit out with her paws. He looked kinda cute as Alice glared at him, the look going softer. Cheshire moved a little sniffing at it, " Smells cleaner then this place moving back off a little giving space. Alice blinked again, " Whats a guy like you doing in, what ever this place it. No open sky in here." commenting as she seemed a little calmer now.
    Kaze
    Kaze
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Kaze Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:11 am

Lost Tower [B1] / Time Unknown \ [7] | (2)

" AYE YA!" The Lopunny screeches " Eeek! get it off get it off"
    With a swift flutter of wings the Swablu takes flight to avoid being pawed at by the rabbit-like Pokemon's flailing arms.

There is a chill in the air around the Glaceon as he finds a piece of shattered masonry to perch on and the curious bird tilts his head to the side, the thought of how much an ice attack would hurt never passing through his head.

" What do you think you're DOING!" She yells.

The Swablu grooms his wing feathers for a few moments before realizing that accusation is aimed at him.

" that's not how you greet people by startling them." She protests and the small bird grins.

"But you're so tall!" He chirps and fluffs up his wings. He doesn't so much as flinch as the Ice Type pads forwards to sniff him, despite the obvious size and type advantage.

" Smells cleaner then this place The Ice Type comments.

"Usually my teammates say I'm a mess." He laughs. "Peacock's always going on at me, like, 'Kherubiel your feather's are a mess. What is everyone going to say if you turn up at tournaments looking like a toilet brush? You need to keep your feathers smooth and sleek, like me.' The Swablu's voice drops an octave as he imitates another pokemon then laughs again. "He's going to be upset when he hears I got lost again."

" Whats a guy like you doing in, what ever this place it. No open sky in here."

The Swablu gives the ceiling a detailed examination. Its rugged and worn stone hanging with damp moss.

Confining, crushing, filth of dirt and decay.

Nothing like the open sky.

"Yes." He says simply and flutters up again. "So I'm going to go find some sky."

Turning an elegant loop in mid-air the small blue bird darts off into the dark ruins ahead with a cheery trill of song.

<><><>

A fluting cry echoes in the higher reaches of the ruined wall. To Varanus's bulging eyes it seems little sparks of sky blue are flashing in the air in front of him.

His pupils shrink.

He knew that shade...That obnoxious bright blue shade he had last seen disappearing in front of him.

Him?

"Gross." He whispers, not about the cheerful sound of bird song but its presence in this gloomy cavern.

Like a bullet the streak of blue passes over head and dives down towards him. The white scaled feet prick his forehead as the Swablu settles down over his short crest.

"Kherubiel." He half hisses.

"I told you, you can call me Kheru." The small flying type laughs and swaddles him with cottony wings.

Varanus finds strength return to his skinny limbs. Like some sort of Halloween decoration he unfolds from his huddle in the corner.

"Why are you here?" His flat teeth clack together.

"I don't want to be." The Swablu puffs out his feathers then cocks his head to the side. "Hey, you're super strong aren't you? Can you punch a hole in the wall or something."

Varanus's bulging dead eyes stare straight ahead.

"That would be gross." His lanky body twisted he turns his head to the entrance of the room and letting his tongue hang out.
    Requiem
    Requiem
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Requiem Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:53 pm

Lost Tower [B1] | Time Unknown | Post 58||36

Both of the two looks at each other as the blue flying type vanished into the dim dark. " Wonder what that was all about?" The black rabbit said, the ice type shrugs quietly. " Anyway come on I still want to see where this place is" Alice said a little grumpy from the surprise. Cheshire nods his head, both of them turning on their heels. Side by side walking deeper into the tower, and the unknown.

( leaving post for the pair till I get a profile done)
    Moon Moon
    Moon Moon
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Moon Moon Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:33 pm

(Skip)
    Kaze
    Kaze
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Kaze Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:11 pm

(skip also)

Last edited by Kaze on Thu May 07, 2015 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total
    Requiem
    Requiem
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Requiem Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:37 pm

Lost Tower first floor||Unknown||1

Wandering through the damp confines of stone and moss, soft paw pads keeping silent over the sounds echoing off the hallways. Ninetails swish back on forth as the canine moved, the eyeless creature listening to the faint sounds within the tower. Death and agony were the only things that reached him, that drove him. He didn't understand why he was drown to them, if they were calling out for help, they were to weak to be of any use to him. He would leave them to their fates without intervening.

He couldn't remember the last time he came across the good in the world that needed his guidance, nor how he had gotten into this tower. Time meant nothing by this point, he knew the sun had not touched his fur for a long time.  A roar echoing off the walls, Hikrio lifts his head turning it around to something behind him. Then Silence, the silence is what bothered him the most. Feeling weak, feeling helpless. No he wouldn't he was strong, he wouldn't be used by the emotion of fear again. Pushing it back in his head he continued forward.

A few voices, drifting into the open space just brushing across his ears. It felt welcoming in the long dark, he couldn't place it for a time before he listened more. It was the voice, his pace quickens to a slow trot, claws touching the stone barely enough to count as touching. Nearly smashing into a wall, having lost focus of his surroundings. He had to reach for that voice, he needed it's guidance again. Hikirio felt himself lift from the dark pits he had created inside himself. Taking a sharp turn, his pace quickens still into a quickened pace. How dare the voice show up here, Hikirio growled his lip pulling up under the painted mask. All the times he asked for the voice, all the times he was met with only crushing silence. How dare it.  "Who could that be?", the voice then reached out.

Had the voice forgotten him, left him behind to move the ideal world. No, Hikirio refused to be left behind again. "Alright, if any of you are still in this room with me, someone else is coming. If you are to pursue any course of action, now is the time to prepare." the voice said then. No the voice knows he's here, Hikirios pace slows down to a normal walk.  "Come out to deal with our guests with me if you should wish, otherwise I will do it myself." Hikirio comes around the corner finding the source of the voice, the scent of old rotten. The scent of what he came to call home. " How Dare you" he growled the fur on is nap standing up on end. The flames of a flame burst dancing around him. "How dare you reach for me now, after leaving me in silence for so long." now yelling as the flames dance around rapidly.
    Moon Moon
    Moon Moon
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Moon Moon Fri May 01, 2015 9:19 pm

LOST TOWER. FIRST LARGE FLOOR. TIME UNKNOWN. 17

The taste of ash filled his mouth as the shapeshifter turned his head, and immediately he was filled with joy. A an old acquaintance had a reappearance, one that he was all to happy to see once more. "Hikiro!!" Almost shouting his name with enthusiasm the blob started to slither forwards to embrace The Ninetails, but halted once he noticed the fire on the vulpine's breath. In a short amount of time hateful words were spouting from Hikirio in Uboa's direction, the spite flowing from the fox sending a shock through his body. How could he, be a traitor? The very concept sent his mind reeling, and his demons tried to take full advantage of this. Coward. Traitor. These and many other accusations went flying around the ditto's consciousness, and adamantly defended himself against. "No." The single word that The Ditto was focusing on slipped off of his tongue, hissed in a tone of threatening resolution, a sudden juxtaposition to his usual monotone. Realizing what he had said aloud, he took a deep breath and calmed himself, the shapeshifter returned his attentions to reality and attempted to resolve the situation. Okay that was the wrong thing to say. Need to fix this.

Taking another breath, Uboa spoke again this time, with a much more subdued and somber voice. He was very well aware of the other pokemon in the group, but he refused to let it impede him. "I'm sorry...Deeply, truly sorry. I thought you said that-! Didn't you say you wanted to find your own way?" Lowing his head in shame, The shapeshifter felt that his apology was beyond sub-par. "But that doesn't matter, does it...All I can do is ask for your forgiveness. I repent for my failure Hikiro." The Ditto was suspicious of the circumstances regarding this event, distinctly remembering that the two of them parted on very good terms. But he decided to give Hikirio the benefit of the doubt in this situation, it was the least Uboa owed to him.
    Kaze
    Kaze
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Kaze Mon May 04, 2015 11:35 pm

Lost Tower [B1] / Time Unknown \ [8] | (2)

The Scrafty's tongue darted out of his mouth, the long taste organ curling in the damp air. His joints popped wetly as he twisted his skinny body around to peer tentatively over the crag of stone he was sheltering behind.

The wet tip of his obscenely long tongue smacks into his eyeball to moisten it before swiping along his pristine rows of tombstone teeth.
    A thick dribble of saliva splashes off the organ to the ground.

"Gross."

His round pupils contract as he focuses on the sight in front of him. A pile of vile black sludge and a Ninetales in a mask, the fox's body an ash grey and virulent blue instead of the soft warm colors of a candle flame. Gross. They were super gross!

He tightens his claws as the flames flare up around the Ninetales's body. The searing heat of an approaching attacking. His heart starts to hammer in his chest.

Were they going to fight?!

<><><>

"Heeey Varanus~?" The Swablu chirps and pecks at the lizard's orange scaled arms.

The peck doesn't seem to do much so he stretches his downy wings and takes to the air. The tiny blue feathered bird perches cheerfully on the pointed edge of fallen stone the Fighting/Dark Type is sheltering behind.

He cocks his head curiously as he surveys the stand off in front of him. The fire fox felt abandoned by...a pile of sludge? It looks like something a Muk had thrown up.

He laughs in a high fluting chirp, covering his beak with one fluffy wing. The long feather that grew from the top of his head twitched.

Without the slightest hint of fear he watched a blaze grow around the Fire Type's tails.
    Requiem
    Requiem
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Requiem Tue May 05, 2015 12:56 am

Lost Tower first floor||Unknown||2

The voice said his name, a sinking feeling starting to eat away at his brash thoughts then. His name, was his name wasn't it Hikirio. It must be for the voice to have said it, to long had he sat in silence of this place without it own name. The dark still corridors of this place, suffocating silence. It robbed him of everything, nearly his own name but everything else was gone. This scent and voice he remembered, Uboa it called it's self when he first saved him from something. The flames lashing around licking the walls leaving scorch wounds in stone. "No" the voice said simply, No? no what!? his mind screeching as the flame grow rapidly around him in his bitter anger.  

"I'm sorry...Deeply, truly sorry. I thought you said that-! Didn't you say you wanted to find your own way?" the voice soothing him a little as the flame flicker and lower to a less rampaging inferno. Did he? why did he want to be alone, shifting his head then to the side. The empty glare of the painted eyes unblinking to the floor, "Why did I want to be alone... why...Why... WHY!?" his rage flickering to life again as wild fire danced around again. "But that doesn't matter, does it...All I can do is ask for your forgiveness. I repent for my failure Hikiro." his head lifts then turning back toward the scent and the voice then. The flame flicker and die, the grey fur on his body no longer waving to the heat of his fury.

The fire fox's head lifts then back to it's proud state then taking a paw step forward. "Failure?... I- " a sound then. A chirp, was he outside suddenly it sounded like a bird. Was his longing for freedom of this place finally been answered. No the stall air of the confines still clung to him. Turning his head quickly to the sound then,  a faint glow under the painted mask as extrasensory aimed left of the noise. "Friend or foe? a low growl as his fangs snapped together in a growl as his hunches fur raised slightly.
    Moon Moon
    Moon Moon
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Moon Moon Fri May 08, 2015 9:34 pm

LOST TOWER. FIRST LARGE FLOOR. TIME UNKNOWN. 18

Hikiro's confusion explained the current situation for Uboa. The Ninetails seemed to have forgotten their parting, but in the end it still was irrelevant to the shapeshifter. He had thought Hikiro was healthy and strong, but in his absence something must have happened to him to make him forget, something that might have been preventable. Uboa could not help but blame himself. Though his apology proved to be as effective as The Ditto hoped, but their conversation was interrupted when The Ninetails became alarmed, his attentions diverted from the conversation. The Ditto knew of their presence quite some time earlier, so it was not surprised to the same extent as The Ninetails."Ah, so you've taken notice of our company Hikiro. They were here when I arrived, and have not proven to be hostile thus far...Let us continue this conversation later, in private." Stepping forwards, putting himself between the other pokemon and Hikiro, The black blob addressed the bird and the reptile in a calm voice.

"Greetings...I anticipate that some of us might have our nerves somewhat frayed, but let us conduct ourselves in a calm manner. The demon is gone for now, and we intend you no harm. Let me introduce myself, if that should alleviate some stress." Lifting up a stubby appendage, the shapeshifter stretched it out into a gooey tendril, put the short tentacle to his side as he leaned forwards. A rudimentary bow. The white mask that adorned his front side seemed to curl into a smirk at the change in angle. Rising back upwards in a smooth motion, The Dark Ditto spoke its name in with an odd annunciation. "I am Uboa. How may I be of help to you today?"
    Kaze
    Kaze
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Kaze Sat May 09, 2015 8:35 pm

Lost Tower [B1] / Time Unknown \ [9] | (3)

The Scrafty hisses through his flat teeth, his short crest standing up on end.

Perhaps, perhaps some other time he wouldn't have minded the Swablu sheer stupid pluck but he had just seen...things.
    The twisted horrors of parts never meant to see the light danced across his eyeballs every time he closed his eyes. He could still see the look in that Luxio's eyes when she died. He could still smell the blood.

Varanus's body moves without him wanting to, his muscular legs springing up in the air to land on the block he was formerly cowering behind. His long claws dig into the stone as his body twists. His joints squelch in their sockets as he reaches up and grabs the Swablu in his long bony hands. Holding the tiny bird tightly he hisses at the two other pokemon with his Intimidate in full effect.

"Gross." He says in a half whisper.

His bulging eyes flicker from target to target, his long dripping tongue hanging down his neck. With a twist of his knobbled spine he pulls himself up, one hand still holding the tiny bird and the other raising to his bulbous head as he twists it at an angle not usually permitted by the laws of anatomy.

The end effect is a striking sensation of disgust; of an unnatural figure of a Scrafty lodged firmly in the Uncanny Valley. His neck clicks grotesquely as he twists it further to the side.

<><><>

Kherubiel peeps and tries to struggle free as Varanus's creepily long fingers close over his body. His wings stick from the gaps but beating them doesn't do much more than lightly pat Varanus's knuckles, like a powderpuff. He can't even peck him because his beak is sticking through the cage of fingers as well.

"Friend or foe? The Ninetales (presumably a Ninetales?) growls with its fur sticking up on end.

"Friend, I'd say friend." The tiny bird cheeps and struggles against Varanus's hold.

He turns his beady eyes towards the two other pokemon as he tries to wriggle free. The blob of black goo he almost mistook for a shadow is talking to them.

"Greetings...I anticipate that some of us might have our nerves somewhat frayed, but let us conduct ourselves in a calm manner. The demon is gone for now, and we intend you no harm. Let me introduce myself, if that should alleviate some stress."

"There was a demon?" The tiny bird pipes up.

Varanus hisses and looks down towards him. Hmmm, he'd never pegged Varanus for the superstitious type but seeing as Varanus had never shied from a fight for any reason seeing him do so now was rather strange. Kherubiel briefly grooms his feathers. What was there that could unnerve the 'mon half his competitors swore was Satan himself?

"I am Uboa. How may I be of help to you today?"

The black blob talked funny. Holding his breath Kherubiel manages to pop out of Varanus's hand and flaps up to settle on his head once more.

"I want to go outside!" He chirps with cheer.

Last edited by Kaze on Sat May 09, 2015 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Requiem
    Requiem
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Requiem Sat May 09, 2015 9:00 pm

Lost Tower first floor||Unknown||3

The fire fox looked back to the voice as it spoke. "Ah, so you've taken notice of our company Hikiro. They were here when I arrived, and have not proven to be hostile thus far...Let us continue this conversation later, in private." had Uboa already known it was there. Had the evil not claimed them. No, the scent of death was in the air, some fell to evil but this survived. The rare chance that good had outlasted the evil within these cursed walls.

"Gross." followed by some off sounds, his lip raised a little flashing the tip of a large canine fang under the mask."Friend, I'd say friend." Hikirio nods his masked head then the faint glow under the mask fades and vanished. He would hold judgement on this soul, for now unless it proved otherwise it will remain untainted.

"Greetings...I anticipate that some of us might have our nerves somewhat frayed, but let us conduct ourselves in a calm manner. The demon is gone for now, and we intend you no harm. Let me introduce myself, if that should alleviate some stress." Uboa continued next to him, helping him just with the voice. Demon, evil. Had the voice intervened in the fate of those here? did he fail to act when he should have. "I am Uboa. How may I be of help to you today?" the voice gave it's self a name again. The fire fox's multiple tails flicker annoyed but calmer now. "There was a demon?", the second voice ringing in his ears as either clueless to the world or just that innocent to what evil spilled it's vile here before.

Hikirio paced slightly on his paws, the faint click of claws on stone. "I want to go outside!" the softer chirp of voice. Outside, it only confirmed that he wasn't the only one trapped in what ever place this was. His head pounding as he tried to remember, hammering between his eyes. Pain digging into his skull blocking him. The ninetails growled, " These walls are suffocating me, a pain eating at my thoughts" fire dripping from his maw before a black smoke as he turned back to the scent of uboa. " Evil pollutes the very air here, yet I can not find the power to purge it. It clings to the very walls" moving now at the tail hang just above the floor. The painted face turned up right at the ears strain to listen, " If friends what are you're names, that I can call to?" a bitter tone still heavy in his voice.

Moon Moon
    Moon Moon
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Moon Moon Mon May 11, 2015 4:36 pm

LOST TOWER. FIRST LARGE FLOOR. TIME UNKNOWN. 19

Anger. It was such a thing that disturbed Uboa when he it, distorting the features of the Fox's face into something fearsome. The Shapeshifter knew just what kind of suffering rage would bring, internal and external destruction. Ignoring the white noise of demands for blood, The dark ditto set his priorities on keeping everyone safe, and placating his violent companion. Taking note of the other duo in the room and their statements, he solemnly said his reply. "A more accurate term for that abomination perhaps would be 'Harbringers of death and destruction, fear and utter ruination', But that's far too much of a mouthful. Demon as a word suffices, and so I use it." A note of scorn rang in his voice while referring to 'that abomination', distinctly noticeable compared to his otherwise monotonous tone. The Scrafty's persistent muttering of "Gross" and the vice-grip he had on the Swablu added more to the list of Uboa's things to worry about. Taking extra care to appear as nonthreatening as possible for his form by quietly rounding off his limbs into useless looking little nubs. The Metamorph strongly hoped that this interaction would not develop into a hostage situation, with how his companion was acting so passionately at only a brief interaction, he knew that such an event would not end well. In the meantime, The Ditto did not enjoy the piercing stare from the reptile, but nonetheless he did his best to not allow slight unease to cloud his judgement, and kept up his formal manner.

The Blue Bird's new question gave Uboa some pause however. It brought up further questions in The Ditto's mind like 'Just how much had Hikiro forgotten?' If his amnesia was recent and severe enough, The Fox may very well have forgotten everything pertaining to the epidemic. In which case, his friend would be woefully unprepared for the ruined world outside. One good thing to come out of the Harbringer's most recent rampage was that it granted Uboa an excuse. "Not now. I was outside just recently and I saw yhe demon still in the proximity of this very tower. I vote that we seek refuge higher up in this structure, in case it decides to return. Perhaps making our escape on a later date." Raising his tone of voice in an attempt to be cheerful, anticipating further stress from his company, the ditto added "In the very least it gives us the opportunity to become acquainted, if you would wish to partake in doing so."
    Kaze
    Kaze
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Kaze Mon May 11, 2015 8:03 pm

Lost Tower [B1] / Time Unknown \ [10] | (4)

"A more accurate term for that abomination perhaps would be 'Harbringers of death and destruction, fear and utter ruination', But that's far too much of a mouthful. Demon as a word suffices, and so I use it."
    Varanus blinks pale third eyelids over his bulging eyes.
    "The Aggron." He hissed from between his flat teeth. His long claws twitch.
    It had looked like something from a horror movie, all twisted metal and bloodied skin. His tongue flickers out.
    "Not now." The black blob answers the dim little Swablu. "I was outside just recently and I saw the demon still in the proximity of this very tower. I vote that we seek refuge higher up in this structure, in case it decides to return. Perhaps making our escape on a later date."
    Varanus's crest flares. His round pupils dart across the surrounding stone.
    "It can come back?!" He screeches.
    His mouth stretches open like the scream. His entire body hunches over with fear and his claws dig into his scaly skin.
    With a hiss he leaps in the air and clings to the ceiling. His tail lashes behind him as dribbles of saliva ooze down his teeth.
    "We leave now."
    His claws dig into the gaps in the stone as he scurries forwards like the massive lizard he is.

<><><>

"These walls are suffocating me, a pain eating at my thoughts. Evil pollutes the very air here, yet I can not find the power to purge it. It clings to the very walls." The Ninetales growls.
    Kherubiel cocks his head to the side and surveys the walls. They were kinda dirty...
    "Set things on fire?" he suggest with a chirp as he settles down on Varanus's head and pats the panicking scrafty with his wings.
    "If friends what are you're names, that I can call to?
    "Oh, I'm Kherubiel~ You can call me Kheru!" He chirps happily. "And that's Varanus."
    "You can call me Varanus." The scrafty hisses.
    "In the very least it gives us the opportunity to become acquainted, if you would wish to partake in doing so."
    "O.k. then." The Swablu smiles and walks his claws along the fighting/dark type's head.
    His wings curl around the lizard's face like the fluffy ear warmers on a novelty hat.
    "Carry me o.k? I'm going to take a nap."
    Requiem
    Requiem
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Requiem Tue May 12, 2015 3:36 am

Lost Tower first floor||Unknown||4

Hikirio's multiple tails twitch again, as his head turned back forward then having fighting inside his own head before giving up for now. Like talons raking the inside of his skull and pressure just behind were his empty pit would have been. "A more accurate term for that abomination perhaps would be 'Harbringers of death and destruction, fear and utter ruination', But that's far too much of a mouthful. Demon as a word suffices, and so I use it." His ears rotating forward straining to listen and understand by the voice's words. " So even more simple words would be embodiment of the Evil." standing up in a proud strait posture as his tails lift from the floor.

Quiet sinks back around him as he wasn't sure what else to do or say. Straining to hear even breathing to let him know he wasn't alone. A wet sound beside him, a fresh drift of rotten scent in the air. Remembering the voice a little more now. Shifting a little to one side as the tail flick once more. "Not now. I was outside just recently and I saw yhe demon still in the proximity of this very tower. I vote that we seek refuge higher up in this structure, in case it decides to return. Perhaps making our escape on a later date." Uboa was outside? how had he been outside. Hikirio had been trying to get back outside for a long time, he couldn't find out. " If you were outside, how did you get in? to many unanswered question flooding his mind suddenly. "In the very least it gives us the opportunity to become acquainted, if you would wish to partake in doing so." the thoughts shattering like a pane of glass.

"We leave now." the fire fox flinched suddenly having forgotten about that voice as his head turned to the source. The dull painted eyes empty stare at the lizard. "Set things on fire?". Hikirio staggered then, he wanted voices but he didn't know these ones, swirling painfully in his head. A puff of ember and smoke from his maw. "Oh, I'm Kherubiel~ You can call me Kheru!" the higher pitched claws in his ears. "You can call me Varanus." lower almost hissing. " Hikirio..." his voice low with the faint rumbles of a chest growl. His masked head turning back to the safe scent, " I would rather just leave these sorrow filled walls, but if that it what you wish that I will follow." he said the heavy bass in his voice. His pawpads making no sound as he moved a little closer to Uboa but out of reach to be touched.
    Moon Moon
    Moon Moon
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Moon Moon Sun May 17, 2015 3:36 pm

LOST TOWER. FIRST LARGE FLOOR. TIME UNKNOWN. 20

The Scrafty's distressed outcry surprised the blob, flinching at the sudden loud noise. Shaking off his own discomfort quickly Uboa slithered forwards underneath Varanus' spot on the ceiling and raised up his small arms while he attempted to calm the reptile."Wait a moment, Varanus. It is too soon, the creature is likely still too close to the tower to make an unseen escape." The black blob let out a low groaning sound when The Scrafty failed to heed the ditto's advice, he even took the Swablu with him. "Please! Have patience!" The Ditto slithered forwards trying to keep up with Varanus. His current form was too useless however. The Ditto's gaze was already locked on the Scrafty, so it took Uboa a matter of seconds to rectify this. His form twisted and stretched while he ran, a head and legs emerging from the dark mass. A long snaking head and tail crested with dark spines were the last to finally take shape, but when Uboa was done he had created a dark, monochrome duplicate of the hoodlum reptile. His petrified white mask, previously perfectly fitted to his face slipped off the side of his muzzle as he ran. It revealed the face of a carnivore, a large, fanged mouth with powerful jaw muscles, and a pitch black tongue lolling off to the side in the breeze. This long tongue caught the mask before it could be lost, and the mask was passed into the grip of one of the black reptile's scaled hands. The loose flaps of skin fluttered as Uboa did all of this while keeping pace with the true Scrafty.

Being restricted to running bipedally because of the mask in his grasp, Uboa was not as fast as the skittering reptile on the ceiling. Frowning in determination to not let Varanus get himself killed, Uboa once again passed possession of his mask, from his right hand to his mouth, gripping it carefully. Falling to all fours the dark reptile sprinted to gain a lead on his counterpart, leaping forwards onto a wall when they rounded a corner. Spitting out his white face onto his free hand, The Black Scrafty called out to Varanus while hanging from the wall. "I can't let you go out there in good conscious, please. Have a little patience." One of his black eyes drifted off to the side. They had run down to the ground floor together. The Dark Ditto frowned sadly as he noticed the collapsed entrance. Presumably destroyed earlier by the Harbringer, Uboa wasn't sure since that was how it was when he entered. He himself had slithered through a crack in the wall. "There isn't an obvious way outside anyhow." Even though the Scrafty and Swablu Varanus and Kherubiel, Uboa would not allow himself to leave them alone when there were beasts running amok. Which reminded him that there was the chance he had just left Hikiro behind, his reptilian face contorting with worry. Still, his voice was as calm and even as before while he called to his Ninetails friend. "Hikiro, we're on the first floor. We've made quite a large amount of noise, I recommend you make you way in due haste before something else makes an appearance."
    Kaze
    Kaze
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Kaze Wed May 20, 2015 8:38 pm

Lost Tower [B1] / Time Unknown \ [11] | (5)

The lizard's white claws dug into the space between the blocks, his long tail whipping behind him as he moved like an Ariados across the worn brick, each foot finding an easy purchase in the chips and breaks in the old stone.
    Tiny claws pricked the drawn taut orange scales of his head; the Swablu cheerfully hitching a ride, ignorant of the excess of violence the Scafty had witnessed.
    A high pitched screech hisses between his crushing teeth as the pupils of his bulging eyes widen. He was panicked, his long tongue hung dripping from his teeth as his mouth flopped open to let out the screech of discomfort. He wanted out and he wanted out NOW!
    "Please! Have patience!" Varanus's overlarge eyes roll in his head.
    He doesn't turn back to acknowledge the blob of goo. His head is buzzing, buzzing fulled with Beedrill and he can feel their whine dig drills into his sunken ears into his brain.
    "Gross." He whispers to himself as his eyes dart around the corridor, not quite in sync with each other. His thin chest with its visible ribs moves with panicked pants.
    Something hits the wall beside him and he hisses, displaying a mouth opening wider than natural in a threat display.
    "I can't let you go out there in good conscious, please. Have a little patience." The voice of the blob issues from the shining shape of another Scrafty made entirely of black. It has copied the odd hang of his loose skin, the skinniness of his muscled body with the exaggeration of his muscled thighs, his exposed feet with their sharp claws, even his stubby undersized crest.
    "Gross." He hisses at it. "Gross, gross, gross, GROSS!"
    He stabs one spidery finger towards the transformed ditto.
    "What a gross trick!" He shrieks in a tone that hurts the ears. "You really are disgusting!"

<><><>

Kheru is perfectly happy on his perch nestled around the Scrafty stubby crest of red scales. His softly feathered wings resembling two clouds fold around his perch to form a snug little nest of soft feathers. As a habit he was kept from his childhood he is capable of falling asleep at any time and place he desired, usually when there was nothing he felt like paying attention to, in the same way a character in a videogame might rest until a new event triggered. His beady eyes close, his white claws holding on tightly as Varanus screeches and hisses and runs around. He has slept through worse. He has slept through his trainer throwing things at him for sleeping during a fight. Even though he is resting he is far from unaware of his surroundings, just not considering them important enough to wake up for.
    His wings ache but not in the good way. He wanted to fly, properly FLY. He wanted to draw up so high he could see the stars above the clouds and the air was thin and burnt at his lungs. He wanted to feel the sun bathe his feathers uninhibited by the clouds below until his wings could no longer hold him and he tumbled from sky with his lungs burning as he tried to breath.
    He wanted to fly, not be caught up in a stupid building where there were rocks over the sky.
    "There isn't an obvious way outside anyhow" The voice of the black ditto says and Kheru barely stirs.
    He wanted to go outside...As soon as they found a way out he'd fly away happily. Until then he'd just wait.
    Requiem
    Requiem
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Requiem Fri May 22, 2015 4:25 pm

First large floor||Unknown||5

"Wait a moment, Varanus. It is too soon, the creature is likely still too close to the tower to make an unseen escape." Uboa said as the fire fox looked the other way a second thinking to himself. Could they not just fight their way out if the voice knows a way out, with numbers surely. "Please! Have patience!" his head snapped around as the voice started to move away from him. No please don't leave me again, quickly following the voice's down the hallway. His claws clicking slightly as they came into contact with the floor, his paw pads keeping the rest of the motion quiet.

"Gross, gross, gross, GROSS!" the other one Varanus, was he talking about the voice he had to be. Hikirio was losing ground, he was to slow on the ground. His fore paw smashing into fallen debris, shot pain up his whole leg but he tries to ignore it. His chest burning for breath, panting as his tongue hangs out from the side of his maw trying to cool down while on the run. Turning a corner, then they were gone as he slides to a halt. The numbing pain of his leg and the burning of his chest, taking deep breaths. A scent hung in the air heavy where they went.

Taking a deeper breath through his nose he followed them that way. The multiple tails hung low but not quite touching the ground. "Hikiro, we're on the first floor. We've made quite a large amount of noise, I recommend you make you way in due haste before something else makes an appearance." it reached out to him then. With renewed vigor he narrowed in on the voice, coming into the same part they were in. Leg still a little numb and panting still heard like whispers. " Were you not the one who just said not to split up?" the fire type grumbles sounding highly annoyed but not hostile yet.
    Moon Moon
    Moon Moon
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Moon Moon Mon May 25, 2015 11:39 pm

LOST TOWER. FIRSTFLOOR. TIME UNKNOWN. 21

Disgusting? This fool hadn't even seen how repulsive he could be, knew nothing of what the shapeshifter was capable of. Knew nothing of what he had done. Heinous actions are far more disgusting than any physical attribute, If this reptile knew what atrocities I have committed then he would have a decent reason to hate me. The screeching insults directed towards Uboa struck a nerve, and not before long the disguised ditto felt bitter resentment bubbling in his chest. The dark Scrafty did not let his body tremble with anger, and kept himself steady as he descended to the floor slowly, then rose up to his hind legs. However, he did have the thought to control his facial muscles, being unused to having to restrict his facial expressions. What usually would have been obscured by his white mask, was openly portrayed for all to see. On his obsidian features was a feral snarl, white teeth gritted together and photonegative eyes burning with fathomless rage. Opening his maw so he could release his mask, Uboa noticed that he had left teeth marks on his own preferred face. With this expression of bestial aggravation The fake Scrafty spoke in a flat and even tone. "This is no trickery. This, is a part of what I am. I am sorry that I repulse you, but if I had any control over how disgusting I am, I would have learned how to do so a long time ago. I suggest that you do learn how to assess others based on actions instead of judgmental observations on physical attributes." By the end of his explanation the black reptile's expression had relaxed to that of mild irritation, and turned briskly away from Varanus and Kheru to address and assess Hikiro.

Smiling slightly when Uboa saw the fox approach unharmed, when he heard The Ninetails' unhappy complaint this smile flat lined into something more shocked. It was a mix of abstract horror, shock, shame, and apology all blended together into one unhappy ditto. Immediately the ditto spouted a mildly frantic apology "Ah! I'm terribly sorry Hikiro, I...Got swept up in the moment and forgot to think. I'll try my best not to let it happen again." With his free hand Uboa rubbed his snout sheepishly. With shoulders now hunched and tail hanging low, it seemed like the abominable rage that was there previously was simply a whisp of a memory. Idly scratching behind his own head crest, The black Reptile turned back around to Varanus and Kheru now with a look of concern. "Hostilities aside, we really should be making some ideas of what to do next. Myself excluded, no one has an immediate way to escape the tower. Its a matter of time before we run into opponents, so let us deliberate swiftly. I suggest sweeping the walls methodically in search of an opening while someone keeps watch."
    Kaze
    Kaze
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Kaze Thu May 28, 2015 11:25 pm

Lost Tower [B1] / Time Unknown \ [12] | (6)

The Scrafty hisses through tombstone teeth and his mouth contorts into a malevolent grin. He's struck a nerve it seems.
    "You think the gross thing is what's on the outside? You're even grosser than that." He chuckles in a disturbingly high pitch. His tongue swipes over his teeth.
    "Gross!" He shrieks again and drops from the ceiling like an Ariados, landing on the cold stone beside the masked Ninetales.
    "Super gross!" His tail lashes behind him as he screeches and draws himself up. A Heliolisk would have their hood extended at this point, instead he makes the most of displaying the pink insides of his mouth and swaying side to side as if about to strike.
    "Hostilities aside, we really should be making some ideas of what to do next. Myself excluded, no one has an immediate way to escape the tower. Its a matter of time before we run into opponents, so let us deliberate swiftly. I suggest sweeping the walls methodically in search of an opening while someone keeps watch."
    Varanus's tongue flickers out. The foul blob of black goop had a point, as little as he could trust him. They needed out of this confining tower. Proposing they work together for long enough to find an exit was just common sense.
    "Even if you're gross at least you're not stupid." He hisses and shakes his head. "Kherubiel get up."

<><><>

The Swablu's claws tighten as his tiny body has shake around. His puffy wings unfold from his body and flap wildly to try and keep his balance. One foot comes loose from the stubby red crest and he takes flight to avoid being thrown to the ground.
    "Hey Varanus, what's up?" He tweets as he finds a crag of stone to perch on. He tilts his head quizzically to the side as he looks down on the skinny lizard.
    Fluffing up his wings he grooms them with his stubby beak, plucking out any loose feathers and letting them spiral to the ground. He watches each one fall as if the spiraling dance of each tiny feather is a thing that is interesting somehow.
    "We need someone to keep watch while I try to figure a way out of this place." Varanus hisses at him.
    Kheru puffs up his feathers.
    "That sounds so boring." He says with a smile.
    Varanus hisses at him. Kheru plucks another feather from his wing and lets it float to the ground.
    "What am I supposed to watch for?"
    Requiem
    Requiem
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Requiem Fri May 29, 2015 12:12 am

First large floor||Unknown||6

As the fire fox catches his breath, his ears flick forward from laying across the back of his head. "Ah! I'm terribly sorry Hikiro, I...Got swept up in the moment and forgot to think. I'll try my best not to let it happen again.". The fire types head snaps to the voice then as a lip raised a little baring a single fang before shaking his fur and relaxed taking another breath. "If it wants to go off on it's own I would say let it, if it wants to face the demons and turns down aid that's it's choice" his tails flicked again just above the floor. Raising up one by one like a furred wave.

"You think the gross thing is what's on the outside? You're even grosser than that.", Hikirio's head turned upward then. Confused for only a second why that voice was coming from above them. "By what I am listening to, you have a very low self esteem for others appearance or how they were made to walk this earth." The sound of a mass dropping near him put him quickly into a hostile stance, his ears fold back and fangs flashed bathed in flames.

"Hostilities aside, we really should be making some ideas of what to do next. Myself excluded, no one has an immediate way to escape the tower. Its a matter of time before we run into opponents, so let us deliberate swiftly. I suggest sweeping the walls methodically in search of an opening while someone keeps watch." Uboa continued then as his head turned toward him ears strained. "So you're saying there are more demons like that?" asking in his usual monotone voice. If there was other evil around surely they could together rid the world of them, his claws test the floor. A low rumble from his chest, as he's reminded how useless he was in the strangling embrace of the walls around him.

" I'll find somethi-!" as he's interrupted, "Even if you're gross at least you're not stupid." The fire fox's thoughts of that voice picked up slightly back into his grace. Besides the mixed scent of old rotten fish and death, he snorts abruptly. Sniffing, his head turning as he follows his nose slightly pawing away a little. Lifting it back up, " I smell something fresh" he simply comments. "What am I supposed to watch for?" the softer chirp said. A bird type wanting to fly is the only thing he could think back on. " Kherubiel was it?" lifting his head to the bird type "Do you feel a draft or anything where you are?" thinking that feathers would give him a edge at picking up possible wind drifts.
    Moon Moon
    Moon Moon
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Moon Moon Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:43 am

LOST TOWER. FIRSTFLOOR. TIME UNKNOWN. 22

'So he hates me...That's fine.' The shapeshifter told himself this lie in an attempt to drown resentment with apathy, but it was not an effective antidote to the poison of bitterness. It stung within his chest, retaliatory hatred burning in his throat. In this mix there was also sadness, and despite his own logic he felt that it was a result of his own failures, and that he could have prevented these emotions. 'Nothing is permanent and I have time. I will change his point of view." Clinging to this hope when it occurred to him, the pseudo lizard swallowed down his unhappiness and maintained his focus on objectivity. "We are looking for an opening. Keep your eyes open for shafts of light, sunlit or otherwise. I am honestly against going outside at the moment, but knowing where to go in case of an emergency takes precedence." Uboa walked towards the perched swablu purposefully, then addresses the avian. "So you volunteer yourself for seeking, Kherubiel?" Bending his neck forwards so the reptile could make eye contact, The fake Scrafty stared intently at the bird, studying him. Raising himself back to proper posture, Uboa nodded and continued speaking. "You do appear to be quite capable, but the decision of course is yours. Just remember to remain focused and to call immediately upon sighting something unusual, is that acceptable?"

Satisfied with what he said to the swablu, Uboa turned around and moved towards Hikiro, as he had something he wished to say to him also. Getting close to the fox, he leaned his head close to the vulpine's ear and whispered "In response to your earlier question, Yes. Keep on your guard." Sighing to himself, the lizard strode away into the center of the group and addressed the three as a whole.

"Now it is time to decide the roles for the rest of us. I volunteer for keeping guard. What do all of you want to do?"

((yeah its a lousy post, but I am in an equally lousy mood. next one will be better))
    Kaze
    Kaze
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Kaze Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:58 pm

Lost Tower [B1] / Time Unknown \ [13] | (7)

The Scrafty's white claws scratch and the underside of his scaly chin, shedding flakes of dried skin to the rough ground.
    His eyes narrow to suspicious wet slits, the pupils as dark and lifeless as the stare of a dead Magikarp.
    "Gross!" He hisses and his tongue flops over the rows of his straight, white teeth.
    "You're so gross thinking you can boss us around when you don't have anything strength you didn't take from others and you think you're the one in charge here?"
    He covers his mouth with one hand in a gesture of faux politeness as he starts to laugh.
    "Gross, you're so gross!" He shrieks at the ceiling.
    His arms fall limply to his sides, his body hunching over and his long reptilian tongue lathering saliva over his tombstone teeth. His arms hang free, the claws at the tips of his long fingers twitching.
    He twists his neck to the side, the joint popping wetly as it is wrenched out of it's usual position.
    "Why should I listen to you?" He hisses.

<><><>

Kherubiel grooms his wings. The feathers on the rest of his body were a matted bird's nest (pardon the pun) but he always had time to look after his wings. The cloud-like feathers there grew crooked around the lump of scar tissue from his broken bone. It was important to him that he could fly, more important than anything in the world.
    He ruffles his feathers.
    "I can't feel any air currents. There are a few missing bricks but even I can't fit through them." He says sadly, as if regretfully he has to inform the ninetales there is no obvious way out. In reality his sadness is simply to do with the lack of sky; if the loose stones allowed it he would fly away and leave everyone else behind without a second thought.
    "What am I looking for?" He chirps, cocking his head curiously to the side as he looks at the black, gooey-looking scrafty.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:44 pm