Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+6
Ardos
Silverishness
Ariados
Colress
renegade
Xatu
10 posters

The MEETING Team (PLOT)

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Xatu
    Xatu
    Banned
    Banned

The MEETING Team (PLOT) - Page 2 Empty Re: The MEETING Team (PLOT)

Post by Xatu Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:50 pm

The MEETING Team (PLOT) - Page 2 Transparentxatu_zpsc7cd125e_by_kemurigakurekaze-d8a4nel

New Bark Town | Early morning
    Post 22

Xatu lowered his head, defeated. He had admitted his greatest sins to this stranger, he was surely worthy of being punished. The tears that built beneath his eyes were that of blood, the crimson lines forming across his face.
    "...You ...you embodiment hope," Hera finally spoke, her voice lower than the wind but softer than down. "Wh...what?" Xatu croaked, lifting his head. How am I hope?
    "You have condemned the undead part of yourself, you have turned against the other infected, you... you're... you are a rebel for our cause."
    Xatu finally stumbled back, releasing his hold on the Espeon's shoulders as he did so. "A... rebel?" He was too far gone to have any thoughts other than the words being thrown at him. But Hera's made no sense. "How am I... I am a rebel?"
    Her response was not along the lines of anything Xatu expected: "You want to save the world, too."

The concept was foreign. The idea was... baffling. Save the world? The world was ruined, this is true, but did he... could he... was it naive to think the world was not beyond repair? As he thought, Xatu found himself standing back up. His stance was tall, and all at once, there was a blaze to his eyes. I know what I have to do. "You are right, Hera. I am a rebel-- I am the Rebel that the world needs. This can be changed-- it must be changed. I.. I know intel," he realised only as he was saying it. "I know information from the inside," he repeated, meeting Hera's eyes. There was a fierce determination to the seemingly dead orbs. "I have renounced Honchkrow, it is time to stop the fear in his name."

"I have a choice."
    The MEETING Team (PLOT) - Page 2 3xjLsCy
    Xatu
    Xatu
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Xatu Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:37 pm

The MEETING Team (PLOT) - Page 2 Transparentxatu_zpsc7cd125e_by_kemurigakurekaze-d8a4nel

New Bark Town | Early morning
    Post 23

Hera listened to his rambling seriously, Xatu watched as the Espeon's eyes narrowed, flickering with thought at certain times before hardening. The Rebel watched her with growing interest, but her next words were unexpected: "Tell me everything you know." The avian stared into her gaze for several seconds, his own rebellious spirit blooming deep within him. This is it... He nodded. "To start... Honchkrow is the leader of us. He is the original infected. He started the spread of the virus, he freed my brothers and sisters from our cages, four years ago.

"We are Harbingers, infected right after him, Honchkrow. We have more power than Legends. I know several have fallen already to my brethren. Volcarona took Genesect. Gyarados has killed Latias. Honchkrow himself destroyed Regice.

"Harbingers are only of the strongest of the strong, we were experimented on. Humans did this. They changed us. And we were just fighting back. Charizard, Houndoom, Zoroark, Umbreon, Garchomp, Scizor, Sabele... there are hundreds of us. And we are unstoppable. Or so I thought.

"But I renounced Honchkrow's rule."

His voice continued, then. Xatu spoke of as many of the Harbingers he could remember, he shared his own sins. He spoke of the state of the world as he has seen it and he talked of how his memories won't return. Xatu explained how he didn't want to do it, he shared about the way Honchkrow was searching for his children. "There is no more system," he explained. "The Harbingers are all scattered, very little information is shared, but Honchkrow might be building his army again." By time time his explanations were complete, the sun had risen and began to dip in the afternoon hours. The entire time, though, not a single infected Pokemon dared to interrupt them.

"I have a choice."
    Xatu
    Xatu
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Xatu Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:17 pm

(Skip, time restraint)

"I have a choice."
    Xatu
    Xatu
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Xatu Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:46 pm

[b]New Bark Town | Afternoon
    Post 24

Hera was mostly silent, but when he was finally finished, the psyonic cat looked straight at him. "What do you need me to do?" she asked, the strength in her voice was uplifting, but Xatu hesitated.

What could they do?

But he immediately shook his head. No. They had a plan. And though her part might seem small, he needed it. Finally the avian's eyes hardened, determined as he looked back at her. "...Go," he finally managed.

"Hera, go, spread the word. Tell the tale of what I am doing, what we are ALL doing. Warn about my brothers and sisters... but promise that there is still hope."

He turned, flickering his wings out. "I, too, will need to be on my way. There's... still so much I need to do." His crimson eyes flickered to her's. "I trust you, do not make me wish I had not."

"I have a choice."
    Xatu
    Xatu
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Xatu Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:24 pm

New Bark Town | Afternoon
    Post 25

"You may call on me again, if you never need." Hera reassured him. The Espeon was proving to be someone he had not had not had before... not just trustworthy, but beyond that... Someone he would almost refer to as a friend. Without warning, the former Harbinger was dragged into yet another vision--
    "I... I will miss you," a male voice, he was quiet. He was sad, the emotion thick in the voice.
    "If... if that is what you need... you also have my blessing." This one was drastically different, he was not human. He was a Pokemon, but the same feel as the first.
    "Thank you... both of you... I will miss you greatly." Wait, that voice... if was him?!
    "You always were the most down to earth out of all of us."
    He was... down to earth...?
    "I will miss you, brother."
    Brother?!
    "Take care..." the first whispered.
    "And be safe," the Pokemon added in.
    Xatu's heart shattered. What was he feeling?
    What were these emotions?
    "I will... you both.. I will see you someday."
    ...Abruptly, it stopped, cut off. The Rebel's eyes snapped open, his breathing in ragged gasps. What... was that?! He did not have time to dwell; more pressing matters demanded attention.

Hera was still there, lifting her head to his. The fire in her eyes burned, the determination and strength clear in her voice: "I will prove that you have not made a mistake," The Xatu smiling, small but honest. Honchkrow does not stand a chance. We will win. Watching as she retreated, he stretched his wings wide, his feather-tips catching the warming afternoon wind. The hope, the strength in his bones; how could they fail?

Xatu took to the air, shooting through the air. For the first time, he used his own wings instead of Psychic to carry him.

"I have a choice."
    Zapdos
    Zapdos
    Legendary
    Legendary

Post by Zapdos Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:30 pm

[First meeting is OVER. Team will remain LOCKED until the time for the next arc.]
    Colress
    Colress
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Colress Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:56 am

The MEETING Team (PLOT) - Page 2 398px-Black_2_White_2_Colress
    Cherrygrove City| Late Afternoon| (1)

It had been a perilous and long journey, but Colress and his team had finally made it to Johto.  Their purpose for coming to the region was twofold.  One, Johto was one of the first regions affected by the infection, and two, they had picked up radio signals a while back suggesting that there was a safe place near the Indigo Plateau.  Colress was originally going to stay around Unova to study the infection, but the lack of safe places and steady food was beginning to wear on the small group. As the scientist and his team traveled steadily towards the possiblility of sleeping soundly at night and guarunteed food everyday, Colress made a point to observe undead and infected when he could.  Much to his Pokemon's aggravation, he sometimes would stop in an area to watch how quickly some infected Pokemon would turn, or he would make notes on other observations on undead in general.  Granted he was really good at hiding, and his Pokemon could get him out of most binds, but they were getting antsy the longer that he put off safety for this research.  

They had finally made it to Cherrygrove City, where most of the buildings seemed to be dilapidated except for the Pokemon Center and Pokemart. Surprisingly, the number of undead was extremely low for the area, and R2D2, his Beheeyem, was able to eliminate the threats with ease. After making it through the last route, Colress decided to take a rest in the Center after they raided the Mart for any potential supplies that might be left.

"Colress, that last route was disturbing . I felt something there that wasn't right," R2D2 commented to the scientist as they looked through the rubble in the Center to find any items of note.

Oh? How so? Colress asked, curiousity piqued. He pushed his glasses back up from where they had fallen down to the end of his nose.

"Not sure how to explain it. Just a feeling of wrongness," R2D2 answered. "Don't get any ideas," R2D2 warned. He already sensed that his trainer was going to want to stick around to observe this disturbance. "We're so close to that potential hideout."

"But what if this disturbance is something new with the virus? This could be useful information to bring to the people there!" Colress countered. What could the virus do to a Pokemon to make a Psychic type sense something like that? he wondered.

"Dammit Colress, we don't need to be lollygagging around!" R2D2 angrily yelled at the scientist.

"If you don't want to see this, you don't have to!" Colress pulled out R2D2's pokeball and returned him. After putting away the Beheeyem's ball, Colress pulled out another one to release a Rotom.

"Hey Colress! What are we gonna do today?" the Rotom, named Agent Smith, chirped.

Colress smiled at the Pokemon's enthusiasm. "We are going to hunt down something that R2D2 sensed nearby. Hopefully, we'll be able to observe it and perhaps obtain some new data about this virus," he explained to Agent Smith. "It will probably be dangerous," he added in a playful tone.

"Awesome!" Agent Smith exclaimed. Their plasma limbs flailing in a show of excitement.

The pair walked out of the Pokemon Center door, and, after glancing around, they noticed that some undead Spinarak had come into the small city. Thankfully, the spiders didn't notice them exiting the building, but suddenly, Colress and Agent Smith felt something wrong.

"Why don't you let C3PO out?" Agent Smith whispered. Colress nodded slowly as he complied with the request. There was a bright light as the Gear Pokemon was released.

"Is something wrong?" C3PO inquired.  Usually, if he was brought out, then Colress needed power NOW. Then he also sensed the power that had put Colress and Agent Smith on edge.  He moved forward a little, trying to see what was going on when he noticed undead Spinarak around. Colress followed behind him, with Agent Smith bringing up the rear.

"Hmmm... Let's see if there is something coming from that last area we were in," Colress mumbled.  He directed the band towards the entrance to the route they came from earlier that day. The feeling of unease grew as they stalked through the dead city.  Eventually, C3PO saw what was making them feel waves of dread, and he tried to back up to make Colress leave. However, Colress pushed forward to see what the thing was. He saw an Ariados, and it looked less than pleased to see him.
    Ariados
    Ariados
    Harbinger
    Harbinger

Post by Ariados Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:11 am

Route 30/Outskirts of Cherrygrove City | Late Afternoon
    Post 3

Her babies were flourishing, the tiny spiders infesting every crack and space they could. It brought the mother joy, seeing her truly loyal children staying with her for so very long. They were so accommodating, and she brought meals to them every chance she got.

The large spider clicked her mandibles, burrowed deep within the trunk of a tree. She had done well, claiming the stretch of land for her and her babies. Among the nest of spiders were outsiders, various other weaker undead, but the Ariados hardly cared. Her true children would always stay with her. The rest would die.

"Hmmm... Let's see if there is something coming from that last area we were in," interrupted her content resting, causing the spider's multiple eyes to snap open, flashing in the shadowed darkness of her hidden hole.

Human. She smelled him. There was a human close by. And the echoes of the voice in the undead's warped mind roused Ariados out of her nest. Crawling out of the web covered tree, her large abdomen leaving the hollow trunk, she saw her babies were unaware.

Too calm, not paying attention, the mother knew it was up to her. Making her way boldly towards Cherrygrove, it was a short time before suddenly her crimson eyes met a pair of alarmed ones, along with two other Pokemon. The harbinger reared up, pulling herself to her hind legs. "...HuuuuuuuumAAAN..." Ariados' eyes snapped to the steel type before back to his master.

"How DARE you!" she screeched, shooting a blob of web from her mandibles at the trio without warning.
    Colress
    Colress
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Colress Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:07 pm

Route 30/Outskirts of Cherrygrove City | Late Afternoon| (2)

"...HuuuuuuuumAAAN..." The Ariados's cry sent shivers of terror down Colress's spine, and C3PO and Agent Smith  began to fear for their trainer. Usually, the undead were non-discriminant in who they attacked, as long as the target was living. Also, despite being undead, the Ariados appeared to be mostly intact. Without prompting, C3PO used Gear Shift in preparation for a fight, since the Long Leg Pokemon looked ready to attack.

C3PO's suspicion was correct as the spider like Pokemon shrieked, "How DARE you!" Her mandibles opened as she sent a glob of webbing towards the three.  C3PO moved forward to protect Colress and Agent Smith, and he was immediately entangled in the web. The webbing clogged the gears up, and this dropped C3PO like a rock. He couldn't move for anything, but his trainer and the Plasma Pokemon were unharmed.

"C3PO!" Colress shouted. C3 was his most powerful Pokemon, and if he was out of commission like that, then they needed to end this fight quickly. Still thinking they could fight out of this, Colress pulled out two more pokeballs and sent out his Magnezone, Ebon Hawk, and his Metagross, Spock. They both felt the waves of dread that seemed to emanate off the strange Undead and saw C3PO stuck in the web, and they knew that Colress had called them out in a dire situation. "Ebon, use Hyper Beam! Spock,use Agility!" Colress ordered.  More quietly, he desperately asked Agent Smith, "Help me  get C3PO out of the webs."

Like clockwork, all of his Pokemon followed his commands. The Magnet Pokemon moved to the forefront, between the strange Ariados and his team mates, and then his eyes started glowing ominously as he charged up a use of Hyper Beam. Spock's body glowed for a second, and his body seemed to look lighter than it did a moment ago.  Agent Smith moved towards the Gear Pokemon and tried getting C3PO out of the webbing by carefully trying to burn the sticky strands off with Will-O-Wisp while Colress pulled out the hunting knife and tried cutting through weakened strings. Despite Colress's feeling of dread, he still had the confidence that his Pokemon could stop this undead like they had many others. It was just a fluke that this one caught them off guard.
    Ariados
    Ariados
    Harbinger
    Harbinger

Post by Ariados Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:32 pm

Post 4

She watched with bright eyes, hungrily seeing the living gears fall to the ground, causing a loud sound from the impact. Ariados hiss in triumph, falling back to all fours as she immediately moved forward, ready to finish the job of the thing that dared defy her.

"Ebon, use Hyper Beam! Spock, use Agility!" The Harbinger was displeased to see two more obstacles between her and her prey, the human and the Klingklang. A Metagross was nothing, but it was the Magnezone that attacked. The Harbinger raised her head defiantly, clicking her jaws as she stared fearlessly into the eye of the hyper beam.

"FOOL!" she shrieked just a heart beat before the non STAB move released. The famously powerful white light slammed into the spider. She skidded back, causing dust to rise, a cloud obscuring her form to the others. For several seconds, Ariados did not move. As the cloud settled, it revealed the duel type was not only unharmed, but angered beyond one a minute ago. The Harbinger's eyes flashed, glowing brighter as she let loose a furious screech, causing the other Pokemon to flinch, immobilized temporarily by the attack. "YOU CANNOT KILL ME THAT EASILY, HUMAN!"

Ignoring the two in front of her, the Harbinger's multiple eyes honed in on the actions behind them-- the human and the Rotom-wash were plucking at her precious webs, working to free her prey. "NO! MINE!"

Ariados shot forward another spider web attack, aiming for the Metagross, before launching herself into the air. In an impossible feat, the massive spider flew right over the Magnezone, smashing into the Klingklang. The impact knocked the human and his partner from the steel type. She relished the horror in their eyes as she gave another immobilizing screech. Witho no warning, the Harbinger's mandibles glowed, shooting a barrage of poison sting needles from her jaws, digging into the Klingklang.

Holes accumulated in the steel type, it's cries of agony ripping through the air as she mercilessly continued the attack until the artificial life in the gears evaporated, leaving nothing but cold, dead metal.
    Colress
    Colress
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Colress Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:34 am

Route 30/Outskirts of Cherrygrove City | Late Afternoon| (3)

"FOOL!" the Ariados screeched as raised her head to take the Hyper Beam head on.  For an instant, Ebon thought that maybe the undead wasn't very bright, and that was the end of it. Then the dust settled, and the spider Pokemon was unhurt and livid. "YOU CANNOT KILL ME THAT EASILY, HUMAN!" she shrieked, causing everyone to flinch. The Magnezone started shaking with fear, because now he couldn't do anything until he recharged from that attack, and if that thing could take his most powerful attack without damage, then they were in serious danger.  

"COLRESS, WE HAVE A PROBLEM," Ebon shouted.

In response to this, Spock started formulating an escape route, and used Agility once again.  They needed to get out of here, or they would all die. The best thing he could think of would be if Colress recalled everyone, and Spock could grab him and run. The biggest flaw with that plan, however, was that C3PO was caught in a Spider Web attack, which meant that he couldn't be recalled, and Colress would refuse to leave without him.  As much as it pained Spock to consider it, he may have to drag Colress away from this.

Colress and Agent Smith were still hacking away at the spider's webbing, but when it became clear that this undead could take Ebon's Hyper Beam to the face with no consequences, they started panicking.  
    Colress wildly slashed at the webbing with a quick apology,"I'm sorry if I accidentally hurt you, C3."

Agent Smith started throwing his Will-O-Wisp with less care, trying to burn off the webbing more quickly, and he commented, "Sorry, dude if I burn ya."

C3PO was terrified as well, not only could he not move, but that undead was strong. "Don't worry about that! Just get me out!" he begged.

"NO! MINE!" The undead screamed before sending another Spider Web attack at Spock.  He dodged out of the way, but this meant that he couldn't stop the large spider from jumping over Ebon to his trainer and the other Pokemon. She crash-landed on C3PO, who started screaming, and the impact knocked the human and the Plasma Pokemon several feet away. Colress landed on his back, while Agent Smith managed to catch himself before landing on the ground.

The scientist managed to sit back up in time to hear the Ariados's triumphant screech, and to see her mandibles start glowing. The screech had rendered him and his Pokemon unable to move for what she did next. The spider Pokemon bent her head down to point her attack directly at the immoble Gear Pokemon, and released a barrage of Poison Sting.  It took an instant before C3PO could feel it, but then he could feel holes forming and punching through him.  The pain caused him to start screaming almost unintelligibly. However, one could hear the words Colress, other names, and help repeated several times. Colress could only watch in shock as his oldest Pokemon and friend died screaming in agony. His limbs refused to cooperate with him when he tried to stand up, and he almost fell back down. Agent Smith managed to catch him, but he couldn't take his eyes away from C3PO's dead body.

Spock recovered the quickest, and he started ordering the other Pokemon, "Smith! Get Colress over to me now!  Ebon, can you move yet?" His words seemed to help the others snap out of their daze, but Colress was still shellshocked. Agent Smith practically dragged the human away, and Ebon moved to make sure he was between the Ariados and the retreating scientist.  For good measure, Ebon started sparking in preparation for a Thunder Wave.  Maybe paralyzing it would help, if outright damage wouldn't work.
    Ariados
    Ariados
    Harbinger
    Harbinger

Post by Ariados Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:14 pm

Post 5

The Harbinger stared straight at the man, the scientist, oh how she hated those lab coats. The rapid fear in his eyes made it all worth it to her, though, and Ariados boldly lowered her head, giving as much of a playful smile to him as she was able. It seemed that the so called trainer was finally realising how large of a mistake he had made. Oh, she would make sure he never forgot.

The Metagross was taking charge, apparently. His voice caused the other Pokemon to react. "Smith! Get Colress over to me now!  Ebon, can you move yet?" How cute, she thought. They had names, as if they actually mattered.

But to her displeasure, it was actually working. The Harbinger cared not if they regrouped. "Bring it, boys," she taunted, still perched upon the dead body of their friend. A maniacal laugh ripped through the undead's chest, echoing through the air. "I AM WAITING!"

This must not have been as encouraging as she had hoped, given the still frantic movements of her prey. Pity.

The Magnezone moved in front of her, his body sparking as he blocked her view of the human. Ariados barked out a raspy laugh. With her assured win, it was almost fun to play with her food again. Her babies were well fed by the forest around Cherrygrove, and this was a human no less. Crimson eyes flashed as she met the Magnezone head on. But the magnet was growing most annoying, the creature even having the nerve to attempt paralyzing her.

Without any warning, Ariados' body suddenly shimmered an ugly magenta. Before her, the Magnezone slowly was also engulfed in the psionic power. Then the pressure grew. The Magnezone struggled, his attack forgotten by then as dents in the steel began showing. The slow sound of metal bending was heard, and without warning, suddenly the pressure of the Psychic was too much. Altogether from the pressure, the dual type was crushed beneath the pure power, his lifeless body falling to the ground in a pile that resembled a stepped on tin can.

Snapping her head up, Ariados locked onto the trainer and the Rotom. No you don't. The Harbinger shot out another web, this one sturdier than the first, and built for constrict. Her aim on point, the attack slammed right into the Rotom-Wash, and she wasted no time in immediately ripping it from the human's grip and to her clutches. Once the dual type was in front of her, Ariados stepped forward, placing one leg on the sideways washing machine.

"I'm waiting, HUMAN. Your move."
    Colress
    Colress
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Colress Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:13 pm

Route 30/Outskirts of Cherrygrove City | Late Afternoon| (4)

The Ariados looked Colress in the eyes mockingly before Agent Smith was able to drag him away from the sight of C3PO's dead body. He had a sudden realization, She's toying with us. He wrapped an arm around the Rotom-wash since he knew that his legs weren't cooperating with him, and they moved over to Spock. "Come on, just a little further," Agent Smith encouraged.

"Bring it, boys. I AM WAITING!" the harbinger taunted as she stood on top of the dead gear Pokemon. The maniacal laughter that accompanied the challenge only drove Agent Smith to move more quickly and made Spock use Agility for a third time.

Ebon Hawk discharged the Thunder Wave, and that only annoyed the spider Pokemon. She looked at him with a mild displeasure, and he realized that he had made a horrific error when the spider started glowing an unnatural shade of magenta. He felt himself being enveloped in psychic energy, and then the pressure. The magnet Pokemon started twitching sporadically as his body started denting, and then he started screaming as the building pressure started HURTING.  Colress heard the sound of a metal bending when he turned around and saw Ebon Hawk crushed as if he were a can to be disposed of.

"EBON HAWK!" the scientist screamed as he let go of Agent Smith, and tried to run back.  However, the Rotom stopped him by moving in front of him, and telling him, "We have to get outta here!"  Then the plasma Pokemon pushed him back towards Spock, and, fortunately, Colress's legs didn't give out from under him again. He grabbed Agent Smith as he got on top of Spock so that Agent Smith wouldn't be left behind once the Iron Leg Pokemon started running.

Suddenly, the Ariados shot out another web, and yanked the Rotom out of his arms. Agent Smith landed in front of the harbinger, and she moved forward and placed one of her forelegs on the constricted Pokemon. "I'm waiting, HUMAN. Your move," she mocked. Colress lept off Spock and stumbled on the ground, and Spock, realizing what Colress was going to do, shot out a claw and grabbed him before he ran forward.

"We HAVE to get out now!" Spock yelled at his trainer. There was no way they could save Agent Smith, given the power this undead showed, and it broke Spock's heart to think that. The Rotom had been the newest addition to the team, and he was always high on life.

"No! We can still save him!" Colress argued illogically.  His head knew that Agent Smith was not getting out of this alive, but he couldn't bear the thought of losing another one of his Pokemon. He struggled against the iron grip on his body, but the Metagross would not release him.

As soon as he felt the web grab him, Agent Smith knew that he was dead.  He only hoped that his trainer and Spock would be able to get away now that the Ariados had a target in front of her. His heart almost stopped in fear when he saw Colress almost throw away his chance of escape and the arguement between the scientist and his Pokemon.  Agent Smith knew what he had to do. "SPOCK! TAKE HIM AND RUN!" the plasma Pokemon screamed as he let out his most powerful Discharge on the spider that was touching him.

The words snapped the pair out of their standoff, and when Spock saw what the Rotom was doing, he readjusted his grip on Colress, and ran.  Even though his gate was awkward since he had to carry a human in one of his claws, he had three agility boosts, and he swiftly vacated the clearing.  Colress, however was yelling at him to stop, and the trainer's eyes couldn't leave the scene of the Rotom still caught in the Ariados's clutches.
    Ariados
    Ariados
    Harbinger
    Harbinger

Post by Ariados Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:41 am

Post 6

The foolish man. The scientist est human jumped off of his get away without hesitation, and exactly as she anticipated. The desperation in his eyes, the pure terror, not for himself, but his Pokemon... it was almost sick with how sweet.
    But the Metagross ruined it, causing a sour pout to overtake her expression as it hollered instead, "We HAVE to get out now!"

"Yes, RUN! Leaves less of a mess for me to clean up!" Ariados laughed, her grip on the Rotom-Wash nothing short of humiliating. Standing over him, she would not have been so pleasant if the roles were reversed.

"No! We can still save him!"
    The Harbinger grinned as her jaws shimmered, preparing a leech life deep in her throat. One hit. Just one shot, and the human would be out of his misery.

But the Rotom-Wash caught her off guard. "SPOCK! TAKE HIM AND RUN!" The Harbinger jolted, pulling her head back to stare down in shock at the dual type. It was DEAD. How was it STILL FIGHTING?

The electricity that ran through her body caused a screech to escape the spider, but she was unharmed after. This time, however, she was angry. Now the human was surely out of range of her attack. Snapping her head down, there was no taunt as she shot the single needle through the Rotom, instead pure murderous rage.

It had ruined her kill. "RUN WHILE YOU CAN, HUMAN!" she screeched, her shrill voice ripping through the air. "I DON'T HAVE TO KILL YOU-- YOU'LL DO THAT ON YOUR OWN AT THIS RATE!" She cut off with laughter, not even bothering to give chase as her babies moved forward to feast on the bodies.
    Colress
    Colress
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Colress Fri May 01, 2015 3:36 pm

Route 30/Outskirts of Cherrygrove City | Late Afternoon| (5)

The Discharge did what Agent Smith needed it to, and the Ariados had been distracted long enough for Colress and Spock to get away. The spider pokemon shrieked, though the Rotom doubted that it actually hurt her. When she looked back down at him, her gaze was murderous.  Her angry visage was the last thing that the plasma Pokemon saw before there was a stinging pain, and then nothing.

Spock was moving quickly, but Colress still saw the last few seconds of Smith's life. Then he heard the Ariados calling to him, "RUN WHILE YOU CAN, HUMAN! I DON'T HAVE TO KILL YOU-- YOU'LL DO THAT ON YOUR OWN AT THIS RATE!" Then she started laughing as if the brutal deaths of his Pokemon were a grand old joke, but her words made him realize something. It's my fault. They're dead, and it's MY FAULT. He went limp in Spock's grip, and started crying. He knew to keep quiet, but he had to fight to keep the sobs in as they continued.

New Bark Town | Night|

The Metagross kept moving until he almost stumbled into another town as the sun completly set. Since it would be dangerous to keep going in the dark, he decided to see if one of these buildings could suffice as a shelter for the night.  He looked at the human in his claw, and he saw that the man was barely keeping himself together. If Spock were to be honest with himself, he was only holding himself together because urgency and survival had taken over.

Many of the buildings in the town were burnt down or had some form of fire damage, and he had to look for any building that was large enough for him to hide as well. After finally selecting an appropriate house, he realized that there was no easy way for him to get into the building. He finally felt safe enough to put Colress down, but the man couldn't even hold himself up on his feet. The scientist crumbled to his hands and knees, and Spock could hear the man let out a sob. That tiny sound made the large Pokemon tremble, and he decided to make an entrance instead. He moved around to a different side of the house, and his body glowed a bright purple before he smashed his way into the building. Thankfully, the house stood strong, and even though he made a mess of the room he crashed into, the rest of the area would suffice for sleeping.

Spock's shaking intensified as he went back to Colress, picked him up, and carried him into the building. He was so tired, but he had to make sure Colress was safe.  However, he had reached his limit, and he needed the... others... to help... There were only three of them left, and the realization hit him hard. "Colress, let R2D2 and Magneto out. I... need... to rest," he asked as he placed the scientist back on the ground.

Colress found himself back on his hands and knees. Responding automatically to the request, Colress reached into his pockets, and pulled out all of his pokeballs. His hands were shaking so badly that he dropped them.  By some fortune, R2D2's and Magneto's balls landed button down, and released the Beheeyem and Magneton. He scrambled trying to pick the pokeballs back up, as if afraid that something was going to take them away and put them back in his coat pocket.  When he looked at the three Pokemon he had left, he felt ashamed. He opened his mouth to say something, but he choked on a sob, and this alarmed the two Pokemon who had been spared seeing the incident. They looked to Spock, and he simply asked while gesturing towards his entrance area, "Please fill that hole back in. We don't want visitors."

R2D2 complied quickly, and used Psychic to move the rubble in such a way that it blocked the area off again, and sealed them in darkness. The only light in the room came from the Beheeyem's glowing digits. Magneto, fearing the answers, finally asked, "What happened? Where are the others?"

R2D2's stomach dropped when he remembered their earlier disagreement, "What did you find?"

Colress curled into a sitting position, and clawed his hands in his hair. It took a moment before he answered the questions, and it was so quiet that they weren't sure they heard him. "...They're dead..." he croaked.

"What? Oh gods no," the Magenton whispered. They moved closer to the human.

The Beeheyem didn't react so kindly, "WHAT? I TOLD YOU THAT LOOKING FOR THAT THING WAS STUPID. WHY DID YOU DO THAT?" He was livid.

"I'm sorry... I know... It's my fault..." he wimpered.  The tears hit him full force, and he removed his glasses so that he could more effectively rub his eyes. Oh, he knew that it was due to him that they were dead, and the thought burned him inside. The accusation hit hard, though, and he started sobbing incoherently.

The Metagross lowered himself to the ground gently so that he could relax his legs, and then he snapped at R2D2, "Now's not the time for that." That settled the angry Pokemon for the moment, and that allowed the Beheeyem to fully realize how broken his trainer was. The man was usually sorry for few things, but... this wasn't that person.

Given that Colress wasn't able to form sentences through his tears, R2D2 and Magneto looked towards Spock, and he realized that he was going to have to tell them.  Oh god, he just wanted to sleep, but they needed to know. "We found an undead Ariados.  It... was strong, and it killed C3PO in two shots, crushed Ebon Hawk, and Agent Smith died to make sure we escaped." There were so many more details, but he really did not want to rehash them right now.  Colress didn't need to hear the excrutiating details again, and frankly, neither did he.

Realizing that that was all they were going to get at the moment, Magneto took charge, "I'll keep watch for now, get some rest Spock." They knew that R2D2 was the one best suited of the three for helping Colress right now, despite the earlier outburst. Spock gave a grunt to indicate that he heard, and he passed out from exhaustion.

R2D2 walked closer to the crying human and sat next to him. It had been a while since he had to do this, but he figured contact may be what Colress needed right now. The Beheeyem gave the human a hug that couldn't quite reach around and buried his head into the man's arm.

The scientist barely heard what his Pokemon said, and it wasn't until R2D2 touched him that he even paid attention to his surroundings. Feeling what the Cerebral Pokemon was trying to do, he readjusted himself so that he was hugging the Pokemon back. Even now, he's trying to help me. What did I do to have such loyal Pokemon? I don't deserve them... The thoughts hurt, but he knew they were true. I'm the monster who who led his own Pokemon to certain death, just for the pursuit of knowledge. I've... hurt so many in my search for answers, and now the ones I love have been killed because of it. This... isn't what my family would have wanted... Shame twisted inside him like a knife, and he gripped R2D2 tightly. Then the memories of his Pokemon started filling his head, and then he saw their mangled bodies in front of him  The last time he lost people he loved dearly, he had tried to ignore the pain, and now here he was with three of his dearest friends dead and the blood of many others on his hands.  He could try to numb the pain again, but... then he'd stop caring about them. He couldn't do that to them.

It took losing half his team to finally come to the conclusion, I finally understand that life is precious, and I am a monster.
    Zapdos
    Zapdos
    Legendary
    Legendary

Post by Zapdos Fri May 01, 2015 9:40 pm

[Second meeting is OVER. Team will remain LOCKED until the time for the next arc.]
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:18 am

Post 1

The MEETING Team (PLOT) - Page 2 VgK7FE3

Gateon Port||Late Afternoon

Slow, steady thumps beat on like an old drum against the desert's silence as Eldes stared ahead at the ruins drawing ever closer. He knew the old port town well enough, at least what it used to be, from the years he lived nearby. The lighthouse still stood proudly over the town as a sturdy yet worn sentinel. The houses and shops that once made the city so lively, of course, were dark and abandoned, as was the rest of Orre.

Well...

Eldes turned his head slightly, easily spotting the dark clouds in the distance. The ominous sky stretched like tendrils from their base over Gateon, marring the otherwise bright sky with their shadows. Citadark, from what he could tell, was at least operated by a skeleton crew; even as tenacious as his brother was, there was no way Ardos could make the machines spurring the ongoing hurricane by himself. Because of the perpetual storm, he couldn't see the island itself, but... it was good that he didn't have to. His heart ached at the thought; he was going to have to see it, one way or another, though.

He was going to get to that island.

Since Looker had vanished in Orre's borders years ago, it had been Eldes' only goal to reach Citadark again. He knew Ardos, or at least a successor, was behind all of this-- the entire Epidemic. He didn't know how, other than that these pokemon, these infected and Undead were somehow linked to Shadow Pokemon. He knew what he'd seen when that Honchkrow took out his Headquarters-- it was Shadow Sky. And he'd been unable to do anything about it. A small part of him hoped that maybe something happened to Ardos, that some other fervent follower blind to Cipher's sins picked up where their father had left off. It would make this trip much easier, even if it meant Ardos was... Was...

A small chirp to his side pulled him from his bleak reverie, his attention going to his rose-colored Flygon, Oasis. As the Torterra beneath him trekked on, he let out a long breath, one he hadn't realized he'd been holding and patted the concerned dragon. Patience was his best way for traveling long distance due to her endurance and typing, but Oasis was out not only for help against other foes but also his own personal moral support. The grateful pat was enough to sate her curiosity for now, it seemed, but Eldes knew it was only a matter of time till she'd want actual words.

It didn't take long for them to reach the town's border, where the sign still somehow stood. Eldes made a face at the decrepit sign, which was now conveniently missing some letters. GA-E-- PO-T was its new spelling. He hopped off the Torterra, quietly thanking her for her work before recalling her back into her ball as he neared the sign. "'Gay Pot'," Eldes read out aloud, his voice matching his annoyance with Fate. "Hilarious. Trust there to be graffiti even in the apocalypse."

Oasis blinked, her eyes looking over the sign as her trainer passed it to enter the city. "Is that really what it reads? Why would anyone bother to do that?"

"Someone very bored, I imagine," he mumbled back, descending the long staircase that led into the town. "There is the chance that they fell off on their own like that, but I somehow doubt that." At the first landing, he paused as Oasis caught back up with him to survey what little was left. The structures were more or less intact-- at least those that were fortunate enough to be away from the shore. The piers themselves were mostly gone, but it wasn't hard to spot a couple of dinghies bobbing in the distance. Eldes perked at the sight, hope rising.

"Someone here?" he called, Oasis flinching at the volume. "Hello!"

"Eldes, what are you doing?!" Oasis hissed in a harsh whisper, keeping close to her trainer. "What if there's Infected here?!"

"Those dinghies are new-- they barely have any wear on them. That means there's people here, and that means there's no Infected," Eldes replied, his hopes bubbling to the surface. Already he had so many questions: how long had they been there, did they know anything about the island? But as he rounded a corner, he found his prize all right-- four young adults in half uniform. Cipher uniform. The white on black was unmistakable, as were the helmets placed casually next to a large bonfire. His face paled as they turned to him, their own faces mirroring his shock.

"Fuck me, it's a person," the first, a large bulky man mused. He drew his gun as the others quickly fanned out to surround Eldes, Oasis hissing angrily at them. Eldes himself couldn't think to try and find a strategy out-- he was too stunned that there were Cipher members here. Why all the way out here-- and how many members were there for four scouts to be stationed on the port? "With pokemon, no less. Well, ladies and gent, looks like we finally get to try out that training I was giving you."

Eldes swallowed hard and reached for his own gun, but the sound of multiple guns cocking stayed his hand, instead letting them go into the air. The large man strode forward, pressing his gun against Eldes' jaw. "Return that Flygon. Girls, once the dragon's gone, search him." Oasis shot a worried glance to Eldes, but he knew there was nothing she could do without getting shot herself. Shit. Obediently, he returned her, only to have the large man smash the butt of his gun into his face, causing Eldes to fall to the ground.

The recruits were ruthless, easily snatching his pokeballs, his bag and weapons while somehow managing to simultaneously punch and kick him in the face and stomach. It was all he could do to try and protect his face until a certain hit -he wasn't completely sure if it was a fist or shoe- left him dazed. He felt himself rolled over as they snatched his badge. "A cop?" one of the girls asked over the sound of what was probably tinnitus. "What the fuck is a cop doing here?"

He blinked his way back to reality only to have the big guy over him once more, gun still pointed at Eldes. As his vision cleared, Eldes spotted what could only be a phone or comm in his hand, close to his mouth. "Commander. Yes. This is Dylan reporting-- we found a cop at the Port. Bringing him in."

The MEETING Team (PLOT) - Page 2 PCP637The MEETING Team (PLOT) - Page 2 635The MEETING Team (PLOT) - Page 2 196

Character Sheet Here

Gift Art Corner

Sil's ArtStop
    Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Ardos
    Ardos
    Black Guard
    Black Guard

Post by Ardos Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:39 pm

The MEETING Team (PLOT) - Page 2 Ardos_zpsapzgw97d
    Citadark Isle | Late Afternoon

Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap.

The rhythmic footsteps echoed on the metal flooring and down the corridor, each step landing with precision and confidence as they carried their bearer through the labyrinthine halls. A shadow mirrored their movements along the cool grey walls, casting their shade upon image after image of a cold, blue haired man as he stared through the posters as though able to see the people on the other side. The ventilation blew cool, icy air making the entire base feel like a massive walk in cooler but it was for the best considering how much was at stake if the samples in the lab grew foul. The steps paused as the man stopped at a door, his robes rustling as they came to a rest a moment after he did, and turned sharply to face the entryway before lifting his hand and pressing down on a button located on the control panel to the right. A high pitched buzzing was heard before an audible click, allowing him to press another, much larger button that slid the door up and open.

Bright light poured across the threshold and gave the pale man pause, being immediately grateful that he always had his trademark shades covering his eyes when outside the office. How long had it been since he last stepped outside these sterile halls and into the unfiltered air of the world? At least three weeks if his itinerary was accurate, which it always was. He inhaled deeply before stepping outside, the winds pulling at his robes and making them dance quickly behind him as he began walking once again towards a large glass building across the way. His stringy blue hair whipped around wildly the further he got away from the main structure but again his glasses kept eyes from the sting, allowing him to see clearly despite the distraction. He reached the smaller building and two guards at the door, in full Cipher uniform, saluted him immediately as they stepped out of the way. They would not deter him in his inspection of the greenhouse.

Ardos made his way inside and felt an almost calm wash over him as the feeling of wind threatening to carry him away left, the fragrant air of life filling his lungs and soothing his head. The greenhouse was easily his favorite place on the island apart from the sanctuary of the island. It reminded him of simpler times, easier times, when Orre was guided by a firm hand and the possibilities for the world were endless. Frowning at the wasted memories he pushed them out of his mind and focused on the task at hand, ensuring that the quotas were going to be met for the next month and that there was enough supply to replant the taken crop. Citadark was an oasis in this Epidemic, a fully functioning and self sustaining haven that even the undead had been unable to penetrate. Save, of course, for the ones who were brought in on purpose.

After nearly an hour of going over the charts and productions with the greenhouse supervisors, satisfied that they would be safe on rations for the next 30 days at least, Ardos departed for the main building once again. He had several more stops to make today if he was going to keep Citadark at full production but he was confident that today, like every day for the last two years, would remain at full operation. Yet today was not going to be like any other walk through, oh no, today was special. Because today he was interrupted midway into his briefing by Lab 1 by a security grunt running at him with a transceiver,  shouting for him about it's importance. "Sir," he panted out heavily, struggling to catch his breath after having run all the way from the security office. "We've received word- from the scouts- on the mainland." Ardos handed the clipboard and checklist back to the lab tech he had been talking to in order to give the grunt his full, and rather impatient, attention. "Spit it out, boy," he said flatly. "I haven't all day to waste on your interruptions."

"The scouts-" pant pant pant "They- They found something." Handing the transceiver to Ardos the grunt brought himself to full attention, waiting patiently for his master's orders once he was done conversing with the scout lead. "Speak," Ardos ordered curtly. "Commander. Yes. This is Dylan reporting-- we found a cop at the Port. Bringing him in." Ardos's only reaction to the strange news was the slight raise of his eyebrow over the rim of his glasses, the rest of his face remaining in a firm and nearly unreadable line. But this was in fact curious news. A human, and law enforcement no less, wandering around the port? To what end? "Bring him in on the south side of the island, a full guard will be there to await you." His natural paranoia was gripping him in the idea that there was a chance that what little remained of the resistances on the mainland had gotten wind of his haven. If that were the case then this 'cop' would not be allowed to report back to his fellows ever again.

"And be sure to confiscate any pokemon and weapon you find on him before getting ashore. I will not have a repeat of last time. Understand?"
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:21 pm

Post 2

The MEETING Team (PLOT) - Page 2 VgK7FE3

Gateon Port||Late Afternoon

In his stupor, Eldes attempted to get back to his feet, or at least sitting up, but a firm, heavy-booted foot stepped down on his chest, quickly causing him difficulties in breathing. He weakly tried alleviating the pressure, but to little avail. "Bring him in on the south side of the island, a full guard will be there to await you." Eldes blinked in confusion as he heard the voice from the comm, his memory sparking despite the haze that weighed on his mind. That... couldn't be...

"And be sure to confiscate any pokemon and weapon you find on him before getting ashore. I will not have a repeat of last time. Understand?" The words meant nothing to Eldes. Ardos wasn't dead. HE WASN'T DEAD. Eyes widening, the voice almost bringing him to tears, Eldes lurched forward with his arm outstretched for the comm, almost tipping the large man over. Of course, Eldes received another boot to the face, sending the detective straight back onto the tiled ground while the other grunts swarmed him again with zip ties and a handkerchief utilized as a gag. "AR--" he tried to call out, but the grunts managed to stuff the cloth into his mouth before he finished. He could only watch helplessly as the grunts tied his hands behind his back and threw his pokemon, weapons and badge into a plastic sack.

"Yessir," the brute of a man replied once Eldes was detained, glaring daggers at the latter. "We'll be there momentarily." Eldes spat out the bit of blood that had already pooled in his throat-- his nose felt like it was bleeding, and he likely had a cut lip from the way it stung. Great. The brute placed the comm back on his hip, placed his helmet on and leaned down to Eldes; his sick grin was the only thing visible from beneath the stark white head piece. "You're gonna have a bad day ahead of you, old man."

Of course, with the gag, Eldes was unable to respond. The others heaved him onto his feet before forcing him to walk to one of the dinghies and sat him down roughly. The brute and one of the women took the bag of his things and went to the other boat while the remaining two manned his boat. Panting through the gag, all he could do was watch them row and wait as the port floated further and further away.

It turned out that the two grunts he was stuck with did little in the way of conversation, leaving Eldes' mind to race. Ardos was alive -which was wonderful- but it also meant that he was in charge of Citadark, and now more than likely was responsible for the apocalypse. Which was decidedly not wonderful. He also wondered how the sea was so calm, but maybe, since there was no longer any other sea-faring vehicles in Orre besides their own, they stopped the machines that churned the waves while they rowed back. It was good to know he wouldn't be dunked into the ocean with a gag and his hands zip-tied behind his back, but surprisingly enough, it did little to reassure him.

They eventually arrived, the boat sliding beside a sturdy pier. It looked better than her remembered. Weird. The grunts rustled him out, not caring for their roughness and earning a few pained, muffled grunts from their prisoner as they ushered him forward. He tried looking up to see more of the island, but his head was soon snatched by the hair and shoved down to be parallel with his waist. He heard more footsteps over the sounds of his own panting and heart pounding, eyes frantically looking for pairs of shoes. How many people were here? Just how boned was he now? Maybe Ardos wouldn't come down for just a prisoner-- what if he was slaughtered here and now without Ardos ever knowing? And even if he did see Ardos, what was going to stop the man from killing him, too? Panic swelled within Eldes as he waited for the others to speak.

"Here he is, Grand Master," the brute spoke as he kicked Eldes straight in the ass, catching him off guard and sending him sprawling into the dusty concrete. Ow. "His pokemon, weapons and stuff is here." He handed the plastic bag, as well as his duffel, over to someone; Eldes would have cringed at the pride in the asshole's voice if he wasn't already reeling in pain. He tried to look up, though, despite everything. He had to see. He had to see his brother.

The MEETING Team (PLOT) - Page 2 PCP637The MEETING Team (PLOT) - Page 2 635The MEETING Team (PLOT) - Page 2 196

Character Sheet Here

Gift Art Corner

Sil's ArtStop
    Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Ardos
    Ardos
    Black Guard
    Black Guard

Post by Ardos Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:18 pm

The MEETING Team (PLOT) - Page 2 Ardos_zpsapzgw97d
    Citadark Isle | Late Afternoon

Ardos frowned as a sudden sound of static came over the comm line followed by what sounded like muffled grunting and shouting. He began to tap his foot impatiently as he waited for his command to be received and was more than a little annoyed when it took longer than a few minutes before a voice came back over the receiver. "Yessir. We'll be there momentarily." Finally. "See that you are," he replied coldly, turning the device off and handing it back to the security detail. "Make sure ten of your best are waiting at the pier for them. I will be there myself shortly to greet our new 'guest'." The grunt saluted proudly and took off running down the hallway once more, leaving the two men alone again. Ardos sighed and fought the urge to pinch the bridge of his nose, unwilling to show fatigue to one of his underlings.

Turning to the lab tech he offered a curt apology and insisted that he would resume his inspection at a later time, the scientist bowing in return and heading back into the lab to continue working while the blue haired male started walking back up to the main level. This was proving to be a most difficult day for him already and it was only half over. He made his way back to his office and once inside secured the door, pulling off his glasses and rubbing his eyes vigorously. When he opened them the bloodshot orbs argued against the light, squinting immediately and making him stumble on his way over to his desk. Once there he practically fell into his chair as his hand fumbled towards a bottom drawer and pulled it open forcefully. He reached inside and pulled out a short, round, crystal glass and a bottle of amber liquid of which he poured himself a hefty portion before knocking it back in one swift motion. Slamming the glass onto the hard wooden surface of his desk Ardos felt his nerves tingle at the familiar sensation coursing through him, his fogged mind growing clearer and the tremor in his hands steadying. His mouth curled in a sloppy smile as the warmth spread across his body and he basked in it for just a moment before placing the tumbler and bottle back in their nest within his drawer.

Getting up carefully and stepping up to a thin mirror mounted on the wall Ardos took in his disheveled appearance and straightened his robes as best he could, having long since surrendered the fight against his unruly hair and not even willing to try. But despite his normally unkempt appearance his followers in Cipher paid it no mind, knowing that his word was law and not his visage. They were perfectly loyal, exactly the way they should be. Deciding that he looked decent enough to receive his 'guest' Ardos put his glasses back on and left his office, confidence returning to his stride as the earlier pains of his morning were now subsided.

It took only a few minutes to join the gathering on the beach, the team of guards watching carefully as the prisoner was unloaded and brought to heel by his scout lead. At his approach Dylan quickly took the opportunity to humiliate his captive, kicking him to the ground unceremoniously and laughing to himself about it. Ardos frowned at the signs of self indulgence and made a mental note to have Dylan sent in for reconditioning before the next rotation. But when Ardos cleared his throat the bulk of a man straightened himself proudly and announced their success. "Here he is, Grand Master," he said confidently, handing off the confiscated goods to one of the guard. "His pokemon, weapons and stuff is here." Ardos nodded to the scout leader and was about to dismiss him when the floored ginger lifted his head and a pair of strikingly familiar eyes met his own.

His heart ceased beating immediately at the green orbs, the pain behind them causing them to water as blood trailed down the arch of one brow from a fresh laceration. Ardos couldn't move, he could hardly breathe, as he gazed down into his brother's eyes and growing angrier by every millimeter the blood trail grew. "Guards," he ordered sharply, never breaking his gaze from Eldes. "Detain Dylan immediately and get this man to his feet." Without a word they quickly moved to follow their order, a pair of armed men gripping Dylan's arms and pinning them behind his back, kicking out the back of his knees to bring him kneeling to the ground beside Ardos. Another two gripped Eldes's arms and pulled him upright slowly, letting him catch himself on his own feet but not fully releasing their grip on his arms once he was up. From there Ardos was able to take in the full extent of his brother's face and the damage that encompassed it, mapping them carefully and cataloging each one so that he could repay them tenfold onto their benefactor. His nose was obviously damaged and possibly broken, his lip split along with his brow, and a dozen fresh bruises were scattered along his face and neck from what looked like a boot coming down on him.

Behind his glasses Ardos's eyes narrowed, the quiet rage inside him fueling his imagination as he pictured just how to prove to Dylan exactly how he had gone wrong in this entire venture. Giving one last look to Eldes the blue haired male turned and stepped over to where Dylan was kept kneeling, confusion clearly written on his face as he looked up at Ardos pleadingly. "Grand Master I--" he began warily, before he was met with a quick backhand to the cheek. Ardos's hand stung greatly from the action but it was almost pure reflex to strike the man who defiled his brother's face. "You do not get to speak." His mouth was set in a firm line as he looked down at his former scout master. "You do not even seem to realize what you have done, which means you have not been studying your professions materials as required. For this you will receive three weeks re-education following a one week stint in the battle cages. If you manage to graduate you will be permitted to return to your assignment but not as a master. You will begin at the bottom and work your way back up."

Dylan looked up at Ardos in horror. The battle cages where wear the infected were put to test to find the strongest subjects. Most humans assigned to the cages lost limbs and life caring for the beasts that stayed within. It was a punishment considered the worst on the island for it meant you had incurred the Grand Master's direct wrath for going against him. But Dylan hadn't gone against him! Had he? "Why Master?" he pleaded desperately, but Ardos would hear none of it. "Take him away." Once again the guards followed their orders without word or question, hauling the now blubbering man inside and out of sight of their leader. Ardos turned back to the two holding Eldes and snapped his fingers, the pair immediately releasing their grips and cutting the ties binding Eldes's arms before dropping their own to their sides, waved away in a gesture to join the remainder of their team still standing dutifully off to the side.

Ardos couldn't stop the smile from reaching his face as he looked upon his twin for the first time in years, his heart feeling lighter than it had in recent memory. "Eldes." The name poured from his lips like honey as his fingers itched to touch the man before him to make sure that this wasn't some sort of hallucination, barely containing his glee when his fingers met the skin of his twin's cheeks as he trailed them down gently to pull at the gag keeping his brother silent. Un-knotting and pulling the dirtied fabric away he let it drop forgotten on the ground as he opened his arms and wrapped them around the red head without hesitation. He pulled his brother to his chest tightly and rested his chin on Eldes's shoulder, not even noticing the tears that began to fall from behind his shades. "You've come home..."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:42 pm