Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the outbreak.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Catalyst. The Banner was made by Lady Silverfishes. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

(ACE) The OLIVINE Team

Dandelion
Centurion
Centurion

Re: (ACE) The OLIVINE Team

Post by Dandelion on Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:06 pm

The Battle Arcade [Control Room] | Late Morning
Etincelle 88 | Melanie 97

Etincelle growled instinctively, his Spark growing in strength. The soft light he gave off barely illuminated the undead but he could see its horrific state and purpled fur. Suddenly, its growls were joined by its own electricity, the light sparkling in its dead, red eyes. His claws dug into the floor and he yelled, "It's a Luxray!" Though he recognized the creature from his spare encounters the small hound knew little more than that they were an electric type like himself. Though, in hindsight, he could have assumed that from the Thunder Fang it was turning on them.

It gave a great leap, but somehow veered to the side, missing them and landing its attack in to some machine. It was a perfect chance to strike back, but the creatures ferocity toward an inanimate object was enough to freeze his paws in place and remove the live sparks from his fur. Wide-eyed Etincelle was completely shocked as he watched the lights flash on and off, giving him glimpses of the attacking undead. A power machine? What was that thing called, a generator? When the Luxray realized it was on the wrong target it freed its fangs and ended up shrouded in darkness once more. Was it trying to hide? If that thing, which was still sparking faintly, could turn on the lights.. Could they use that to their advantage?

A sphere of light popped up in the darkness, a clear sign of an oncoming attack from their angry new friend. "We gotta jump that generator!" He barked as the Protect flew up seconds before the pale green beam raced toward them, diverted. Again his shiny blue fur went live with dancing Sparks. As soon as the barrier shattered Etincelle made a break for it, his paws skittering as the veered toward the machine. He hears a Shadow Ball crash against something and is grateful for his teammates quick actions. Jumping on top of generator the hound squashed his belly across its torn, sharp metal face and released as much electricity as he could. The generator kicked, the cogs turning, but would his meager Spark be enough?

----

For several seconds Melanie could hear everything as a booming roar, even her own heart beating, as she stood speechless. A Luxray..? It can't be.. Multiple trains of thought bolted through her head at once- Attacking a machine? Was this creature so far gone it couldn't even properly respond to its own hunting instincts? That it would go after metal and not their warm scents? But the crackle of electricity was replaced by the whir of machinery and the flashing of light was noticeable even to her blurred, banded vision. The lights? It cant be. Was it... trying to tell them something? "...Leonardo?" She gasped out the word so softly, as though it was forbidden. He couldn't, there was no way, right?

But the Luxray pried itself free, and the mechanical hum ended with it. Mel's paws were shaking as she realized.. It still hadn't attacked them. Was it.. could it truly be... “Well, fuck me. I’ll break it’s goddamn spine the second I can.” "No!" She cried out shrilly, so panic stricken the whoosh of the Signal Beam and Shadow Ball merge into one long sound. "You can't hurt him!" She didn't know for sure if it was him, the chances were so unlikely but.. but if there even was one.. she had to know for sure first.

"We gotta jump that generator!" Etin threw out some plans that, thankfully, didn't go after possible-Leonardo. Okay, she could work with that. "I'll keep him distracted," she growled, dropping into a more battle ready stance. The lights started to flash once more but Mel chalked it up to the small sphere of fire that was forming before her jaws. Her ears swiveled, pinpointing the cat's position. Once locked her head turns upward and to the side, the attack not meant to land on the enemy. With a thrust Mel launches the Flame Burst, and it bursts on contact with some metal object. The sense of light increases exponentially, and Etincelle growls hoarsely, "Rebel, I need help."

Were they not on? Had she lit the place on fire? Metals not usually flammable.. But any flame worries are thrown aside as she hears the Luxray roar out at the others. Oh gods, he wasn't going to-- Her thoughts stop, and the Ninetales charges the Luxray, crying out, "Leonardo, stop!"

((Sorry its so late, fucked up work schedule gave me a debilitating headache. This post is written a little strange for how I usually do duals, but hopefully it makes sense. I'll also probably assume the lights are fully on in Cinder's post so it wont drag anymore.))
ShadowCharizard
Donator
Donator

Post by ShadowCharizard on Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:31 am

Battle Arcade|Late Morning

The two children was having fun with the toy they found. Then Miyu gave a smile of triumph. “Watch this--" She put her paws on the orb and the lightning danced around “You are no match for the mighty Miyu!” Arry giggled as the Eevee continued to do cool things. This made him wonder if when he evolves that he'll be able to do stuff as well. After that Miyu gave a heroic stance before going into a fit of giggles and Arry was giggling as well. Miyu was a truly a great friend for the child to have. It was just so nice to have a friend after being alone for all this time. “Saved! The world is saved!” That made the aron laugh even more. Yes, happiness has been reached again and Miyu has given the steel type something to be happy about. With that Miyu had an embarrassing look on her face. “Let's see what's over there!” Now that they walked away from the electric ball, they headed to a big place where young humans and pokemon play at.

Upon their approach to it, Miyu had spoken only to try to guess what it is. “It's, uh…” Arry tilted his head trying to find out what Miyu's saying. "What is it?" Asking with a confused look. “Maybe you play on… oh, that's exactly what it is!” It looked like fun though whatever it was. Arry stepped a little closer until Miyu had finally said the thing. “It’s a playground!” Sounds like fun, but what is a playground? Miyu was getting excited as she ran up the stairs to the twirling slide. “Race!? Race me to the bottom, Arry!” Arry climbed up the stairs, but a little slower than Miyu did since he's a bit shorter than her. Suddenly the lights had popped on and made Arry look around for a second. “I don't know if that was a good or a bad thing, Arry… let's go back to Faux for a sec, okay?” Looks like their race will have to wait as Arry slid down the small slide. "Whee!" After hitting the floor he hurried along following Miyu.

Faux had responded loud enough for the other to hear. "...That better be the others getting into mischief." Curiously could they start the lights back up? Maybe electric types can do that, but Arry wasn't going to ask. “They have Rebel with them,” Miyu seemed to not be surprised by it, but Arry was surprised. “I wouldn't put it past him to have caused this, honestl--…” She cut off her sentence when Cinder had something that caught both of the children's attention. "Toys!" Yes, more toys to play with and they can take them along. "I got enough for everyone, if they want them." This was a happy day for them all for soft things. There was so many different ones and it was tough to pick. “Arry, you wanna pick first?” Hmm, what to pick. So many choices and cool toys to choose from. Ahh the totodile plush looked nice to have. “You think there's a snack counter somewhere?” Food? Arry wondered what kind of food there was? Hopefully they got some metal in them. His stomach growled a bit.

The steel type took a few sniffs and wanted to have Miyu come with him to find out what there was. "Wanna find out what there is Miyu?" The aron asked the eevee. He was still feeling hungry and if there's anything it would be theirs for the taking. Yummy food would at least keep the little tike going for a bit longer until he found some tasty metal. "We can get some food for everyone." His enthusiasm was definitely there and he would do anything to give the others something to eat as well. The question is now is if the lights will turn back on again.
Dandelion
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Dandelion on Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:26 pm

The Battle Arcade [Control Room] || Late Morning | 9

Amber strikes, her Signal Beam landing square on the aggressors, but they were crafty and blocked with some sort of shield. Spreading her jaws wide she roared with anger only for another attack to be sent her way. The Shadow Ball whizzes toward her, hitting her tattered ear with a cold, aching bite. With another growl the Luxray shakes her head, though a rattling within her skulls stops her short. They wanted to hurt her... The small one that dared to give off light made a break for it, shouting something about a jump. I see all. You can not jump me!

Her instincts told her to pounce, to go for him, but there wasn't a chance. The prey creature brought more light, the electrical lamps flashing wildly while another of its group created not only light, but heat. For a few seconds the cat was disorientated; both Pokemon spoke and her x-ray vision could not handle the sudden change in light levels. Her fangs charged up again, ready to sink themselves into the first Pokemon to come into focus, but something exploded overhead and rained burning smolders onto her tattered fur. Her sense of pain had long sense grown faint, but one of the embers landed on her exposed spine and sent a furious burning sensation through her. "Hhhhhow dare yu!" She hissed, the words coming out loud and breathy as her Thunder Fang petered out.

They wanted to bring her pain, pain like she had felt so many times before. Writhing in pain the Luxray slams her forepaws into the ground and her metal leg gave a loud clang against the flooring. She roared, making her rage known before toxins started to flow up from her gut. As they reached her mouth some drip out from the bottom of her jaw, but that wouldn't stop her. With two lumbering steps froward Amber crouches for a leap and spits the foul Toxic toward the electric types. They had to go first, their unprovoked attacks marking them as guilty while their light was killing her head. Her muscles tense, ready to pounce and shred them, when the stiff figure that had hung back screamed, "Leonardo, stop!"

A second passes and the Luxray's head turns right as the Ninetales collides with her. Tossed from her feet Amber feels her body stiffen with weakness, inciting panic until she could kick out with her hind legs. "Noh more pain!" She spits with hate, any remaining Toxic droplets flying toward the fox. Why, why were they doing this? She had done nothing! Scrambling back to her feet the Luxray jumped onto the steel cabinet that formed the side of the alcove. Digging her claws into the steel and with a deep breath in the cat prepped a Roar. Her exhaled, the sound nearly deafening and vibrations intense as she uttered a single word "Leave!"
Dandelion
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Dandelion on Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:11 pm

The Battle Arcade | Late Morning
Cinder 105 | Faux 76

“They have Rebel with them. I wouldn't put it past him to have caused this, honestl--…” Miyu had cut herself off at the sight of the toys, but her point was still valid. Etincelle seems a bit outback, but Rebel would mess with stuff if he thought it would get some sort of reaction.. A loose circuit sounded like the perfect example for the electric fox. As the kids bound back to them Faux sat and wrapped her many tails around her paws. The lights turned completely off, then, after a few moments as the kids pawed through the toys, they flickered back on and finally glowed with a constant stream of electricity. Once again the arcade bust into life as the many games and machines chimed and hummed.

"Whatever they're doing it seems to be working." Cinder praised, her eyes beaming between each monitor. Faux gave a slow blink, her ears still pricked for any signs of intruders though they picked up nothing. Nothing crashing through the vents, nothing screaming from the lights. Just.. a sign of humanity. "We'll have to thank them when we head back." She finally admitted, grateful that the creaking building was no longer startlingly dark. With one comfort of old modern society restored another is brought up as Miyu asks, “You think there's a snack counter somewhere?” The other kid, who followed up with, "Wanna find out what there is Miyu?" had asked about food several times before. If this place was going to harbor entertainment it would make sense for them to have refreshments as well.

Cinder nodded, clutching one of the plushes tightly. "I'd bet money on it," she chucked lightly. "Not that I have any." The scent of old, stale popcorn had been soaked deep into the sticky carpets. Whatever they sold here was probably quick retail foods, but that was food nonetheless. "They'd probably put it along the wall or in the corner, so running kids wouldn't crash into someone just getting their food." That made sense, right? Cinder didn't know much about the layout of rooms but that made some sort of sense from her experience. Balancing on her hind paws the Quilava tried to look for a ceiling sign but couldn't see over the arcade games. "It'll be in here somewhere."

((The lights and all the games are on \o / I also realized that Amber's moveset is also terrible for what I want from her, so there is a chance I might TM her
NightDaze
Centurion
Centurion

Post by NightDaze on Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:35 pm

The Battle Arcade | Late Morning | (114)(44)

Okay so, plush toys were not sentient. But still, their plastic eyes seemed to just beg Miyu to adopt them all. It kinda made a twinge of guilt stab at her as she stepped as daintily as possible around the cotton-stuffed clique with a specific one in mind.
She picked up her choice by the ear, dragging the stuffed Furret’s hindquarters along the floor due to a slightly embarrassing height issue. The tag was promptly gnawed off and discarded before the Eevee marveled on her adorable new plushie buddy.
"Wanna find out what there is Miyu?" She nodded, standing the plush up properly and leaping to Arry’s side. "We can get some food for everyone."
“Yaaas! I want cotton candy!” She threw her paw in the air to agree and volunteer, “Legends above, let there be a snack hidey-hole here, for this Eevee has the munchies~!”

"I'd bet money on it." Oh wow, Cinder sounded almost exactly like Reb… Shame every time he actually bet on something, he lost. She went hungry once or twice due to her dinner being the stakes and him having the luck of a flock of Murkrow on Friday the 13th. It wasn't funny back then, but now the memory brought a smile to her face. "Not that I have any." Sounded just like him now~
"They'd probably put it along the wall or in the corner, so running kids wouldn't crash into someone just getting their food." The Fire-type commented. She stood up on her back legs to scope the place if Mi had to guess, but the arcade games, now full of electricity and life, made it a hopeless effort. "It'll be in here somewhere."

“We can just sniff it out~” Miyu declared, bounding through the brightly lit arcade. “C’mon, Arry!”

"No!"

What the--!
The Jolteon damn near toppled over mid-run, skidding to a quick stop and twisting to face Mel. He had half expected something to have been attacking her or at least getting too pawsy with her-- but to the complete contrary, she was perfectly fine. "You can't hurt him!" What?? So they were the undead protection squad now?! He sighed, the sound rumbling out of his throat under a growl. “Mel, the sumbitch is gonna kill us if we don't beat it to the punch!” She had a reason, surely, but a threat was a threat. His paws were still planted halfway between both Mel and the feline though, the shred of decency he had nagging at him to at least hear the girl out.

"We gotta jump that generator!" Wait what-- okay, nevermind! Questions were for political debates, not for fights and hopefully Etincelle had a good fucking plan. "I'll keep him distracted," the Ninetales seemed confident enough but it seemed like a bad idea in more ways than Reb could count. He parted his jaws to protest the idea, but Etin quickly interrupted whatever he planned on saying - or was trying to plan, rather. "Rebel, I need help."

Goddamn it. He repeated the phrase internally as he sprung for the generator, taking his eye off the Ninetales to jump this thing ASAP. He dropped onto his belly, splaying all of his legs out - maybe it would help, he didn't know - and letting loose a Discharge over the machine.
The cat’s screaming was audible even over the crackling of uncontrolled voltage in the fox’s ears. He rose his head just in time to shout “Move!” as the undead very literally hurled a mess of Toxic crud smack dab Reb and Etin’s way. Rebel rolled to the side, dropping hastily off the generator and landing rightside-down onto the floor with the sound of something cracking.

"Leonardo, stop!"

Fuckin’ hell. The Joltie scrambled back to his feet after a much needed few-second break, he was back on his paws and shooting back to where Mel had leapt and crashed into the undead feline. I’ll kill it. He didn't give two fucks if she knew the cat when it was alive. He wasn't going sit idly by while the mistakes he made with Rosko played out again with Mel.

"Leave!"

--damn that was loud. Reb could feel his entire form rattle from the Luxray’s voice alone. No wonder the move was notorious for scaring off enemies…
He quickly sent a Shadow Ball crashing nearby the feline, face twisted in irritation that would make the devil himself shudder. “That's fucking annoying,” he spat, “knock it the hell off.”
Dandelion
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Dandelion on Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:55 pm

The Battle Arcade [Control Room] | Late Morning
Etincelle 89 | Melanie 98

Etincelle cursed himself internally that after all these years Spark was all he had to show for his typing. He was a runner, a thinker, not a fighter, but the weak attack was hindering his own aptitudes. Luckily, Rebel didn't ask questions and just sprang into action. His electricity was much stronger, and even brought uncomfortable tingles to the Electrike's pelt. After a few moments the machine gave a hard kick and the flashing lights stayed on as it churned under its own power. An open smile came to the small hounds face, his pink eyes heading straight for the lights above. Yes! It can't hide in the dark anymore. With an airy laugh he keeps staring for a few more seconds, amazed that some random machine could do such an amazing thing. But the awe is forced to fade as Rebel roared, “Move!”

Springing off the generator and landing in a clumsy heap the Electrike narrowly dodged the Toxic that sprayed across the machine. It hissed, the worst of it eating the outer metal, but did not stop. Splattering drops managed to dot his shiny fur and received sharp yelps as Etin flailed to brush them off. Goddamn.. Without Rebels warning.. legends he would not of been okay. Scrambling to his feet the canine forces his mind back into the moment just in time to see the Luxray around to pounce them. Fuck. That alone made his blood go cold, but Mel's actions accompanied with her yowl was enough to make him want to faint. She charged it. She charged this thing she called by name. What the actual hell. Did she know it? How could she tell? It looked and smelled like and was a literal corpse that she couldn't see.

--

"Noh more pain!" It shrieked but the words were nearly lost beneath Mel's own cries as the Toxic burnt her legs and claws battered her side. Scrabbling to get away Mel moved back as fast as she could as she heard the metal twisted and pierced. "Leave!" He roared, the word so strong she was knocked from her feet and thrown back out the door. Rolling, the Ninetales managed to stop herself as she dug her claws into the floor, but damn she was shaken. Why was he attacking now? Her ribs ached with each breath, his claws had definitely pierced her... "Stop," she begged, nearly sobbing. They could still save him.. she could still save him this time.

--

The wall had been much harder than expected. Etin shook his head clear, his previous disbelief swiftly turning to anger. “That's fucking annoying,” Rebel was seething, his attacks still consistent. Unlike him the Jolteon was strong, dauntless, and focused. Exactly what he wanted to be. “knock it the hell off.” Exactly what he and Mel were not acting like. A growl rumbled deep in his throat as he sprinted to the other side of the room to give the Jolteon more space. "It's female." He corrected the Ninetales venomously, the words so loud there was no way she could miss them even from her position. "Not whoever you're thinking." Of all the stupid things today that was probably her coup de grace, but a riddling would have to wait. Refusing to be distracted by her any longer Etin recharged the Sparks in his fur, but he knew already he would be of little use in this fight. His only choice was to direct Mel and pray she stopped being inconsolable.

--

Melanie's breath was hitching in her throat. Female? No, no it couldn't be. T-too many thing lined up. He would of been infected for a while, like this cat, and the water would have brought him here like it did her. She had evolved, so why not him? It was all just too... perfect... "Mel, hit it with Dig!" Etin roared, his voice fuming. Struggling back to her paws she staggered a few steps forward. It has to be him..

"Leonardo.. please-" She begged, but Etin snapped even more sternly, "It's not him. Do something before it kills you!" Tears streamed from beneath her ribbon. Etin wouldn't lie but Leo.. Give me a sign. Swallowing back her worries with a mournful whine the Ninetales gave a small jump and tore through the ground with her Dig. Moving down then forward she dug off instincts alone. Everyone's paw steps tapped and rumbled above but she didn't know who's were who's. With a room full of electric types her attack would be severe no matter who it hit. Praying she was beneath the right step of paws she shot upward, and yelped as her paws started to work through metal.

Etin's eyes went wide, desperate tactics racing through his mind. They could drop things on it, or go for the tendons. What about closing the door? that would be hard when it opened into the room.. Mel's dig started to come up through a metal cabinet. Legends, that had to be painful, and no matter where she erupted from she'd have the same problem. "How do we kill this thing?" He swallowed aloud, hoping Rebel had a better plan than he did. What they needed was backup, someone with moves to fend this demon off. Would they even make it? "Drop something on it?" Your first idea is your best, right? Its not like they had many options.
Dandelion
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Dandelion on Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:15 pm

The Battle Arcade [Control Room] || Late Morning | 10

They would not listen. They never listened. Though Amber made her message clear not a single one of the Pokemon left her be. Another attack is launched her way but this time she does not had the luxury to dodge it. The Shadow Ball hits her square at her feet, and a sharp pop rattle through her head as its thrown back. Cruel creatures.. How many innocent lives had they ended? The electric types yelled at each other as she caught her breath. One even jumped away to which she swiped one paw forward as a warning.

The Ninetale's voice was growing faint and distressed. Were these Pokemon controlling her, enslaving her? Electricity crawled through her pelt. What cruel, evil creatures that needed to be eradicated. The sobs were faint, even more so under her own growling, but the Luxray's predator's hearing caught it without struggle as she vanished beneath the ground. If the fox was trying to hide she was out of luck; her form was still visible beneath the flooring to her x-ray vision. However, she was too far to see all the aggressors at once and the Luxray had to keep swapping her gaze between the three Pokemon. "Leave me!" She hisses, a Signal Beam quickly forming at her jaw and sweeping across the room in a long wave.

In those few moments as she took her eyes away from the Ninetale's outline the ground started to rumble, the metal she stood upon clattering heavily as something started to tear up from beneath it. Jumping to a nearby steel filing cabinet Amber paid no mind to the decor she knocked on the floor as her paws slid and she nearly lost her footing. "SSstaaahp this!" She roared, completely abandoning ship to lunge at the Jolteon with her claws outstretched.

Current date/time is Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:49 am