Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

3 posters

(ACE) The ANISTAR Team

SkeletonCupcake
    SkeletonCupcake
    Ace
    Ace

(ACE) The ANISTAR Team Empty (ACE) The ANISTAR Team

Post by SkeletonCupcake Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:35 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    |Anistar Pokemon Center|Early Afternoon|1|1|

Sun shone through the damaged roof of what was once the Anistar city Pokemon Center, rousing the two inhabitants, a young Zoroark and an ageing Espurr. The dark type groaned in disdain for the bright light disturbing her and attempted to roll over and find sleep in the shadows but her companion would not allow this. Sten padded over to the grumbling youth and nudged her with his forepaws. Hissing a vulgar complaint Tiana slowly rose from her makeshift bed and sighed. "Good afternoon miss grumpy pants." Sten teased the neon colored Zoroark. Tiana mumbled a good morning back and pulled some berries from her scarf-pouch, tossing a few to the tiny cat line Pokemon before wolfing down her own. After finishing the food, a large smile crossed Tiana's face. "Better." She confirmed without really being asked. Her long standing friendship with Sten left them both answering questions the other intended to ask without really asking it. Which was useful considering how little Sten talked to others, though this was mostly due to him carrying his Evolite in his mouth. 

After finishing up his own breakfast, Sten and Tiana spent several minutes staring at each other in silence, thinking. Tiana was the first to speak and break the comforting silence. "What are we going to do today?" She asked, her neon green eyes staring directly into Sten's soft, amber orbs. Sten thought for a bit longer, breaking the gaze to survey the dimly lit area around them. "How are we for food? Sten finally responded. Tiana shrugged lightly and checked her pouch with a slight frown.There was about two, maybe three days worth left in berries and kibble. "Not a whole lot, maybe three days if we ration carefully." Tiana noted, putting a little bit too much emphasis on 'if'. Silence reigned again as the two started to get ready to go outside, they would need to forage again. What with Tiana's voracious appetite, three days of food was likely to be two or less. Once ready, the two removed the blockade from the door and headed out.

The midday sunlight was harsh, temporarily blinding the pair of living. There was one upside to the harsh sun, the undead were less likely to be out hunting, so they had until dusk. After recovering the pair split up, Tiana staying in the town, and Sten taking the route to the south.

Sten sighed heavily as he walked through the decrepit, desolate south gate. He would have much preferred if they had stuck together but he knew it would be faster this way. It was not as if Tiana couldn't defend herself, Sten just felt more comfortable keeping watch over her, like an over protective brother. Route 18 looked pretty barren at first glance, the grass was no longer a soft, crisp green, but a wilted, dead sandy brown. The trees and bushes seemed to fair no better, but the closer you got to Terminus cave, the healthier things seemed to be. Sten managed to find one tree still in decent shape, a berry tree. Few berries lay scattered on the ground where he could reach, but just to be safe he used his psionic abilities to pick a few more from the tree. However to his disdain he would need to carry these back to Anistar which meant he would need to walk on his hind legs. A low groan of hatred escaped the Espurr as he collected the berries he began his trek back to Anistar on two feet.

All alone, Tiana began to go through the various houses, looking for kibble or other foods. She disliked being alone, it made her remember what happened three, or was it four years ago. Her search was quick, but not fruitless, she found two bags of pokechow and some pokepuffs and when her conscious deemed she could be alone no longer, Tiana rushed back to the Pokemon Center and awaited Sten's return impatiently.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

(ACE) The ANISTAR Team Empty Re: (ACE) The ANISTAR Team

Post by Min Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:11 pm

Anistar City | | Early Afternoon
    1 | 1

"Don't go there." Her voice is steady and calm, a constant tone that the nearby Gastly immediately heeds to. Without question the gaseous spectre is drifting closer to the dream-eater, pale wide eyes blinking with some sort of curious naivete. The Musharna ushers the child even closer, pale mists protectively enveloping the duo. The psychic-type floats forward slowly, making sure her companion can keep up as she goes. They were in unfamiliar territory, and her first-most priority was the child.

They only move forward for roughly five minutes before the Musharna abruptly stops, signaling the infant to come back to her at once. Sanya's pale eyes shoot open, violet skin tingling with power. "Be more careful," her whisper was soft, words blanketing the child along with her mist. "there are others, nearby."

"Okay." Was the Gastly's only reply, it's round eyes gazing wistfully up at the dreamy pink fog tickling it's nose. "Pretty." A single, ghostly tendril reaches out from it's gas body to waft the rose haze, an action Sanya could only raise a brow at. It wasn't long before the nameless infant directs it's attention elsewhere, a sudden flash of black and green running by in the distance immediately catching it's gaze. It could even see a speck of cyan fluttering behind it, and small dapples of other colours. "Pretty!"

Without notice the ghost suddenly bursts into speed, chasing after the figure. Despite hearing frantic commands calling from behind it, the Gastly does not turn around. It has never seen such vibrant, wonderful colours, and with this new discovery the child finds itself overtaken by a desire for more. It was so pretty! So pretty and bright and shiny! And fast, too! It couldn't pass up on a closer glance.

"Stop! Wait!" Sanya's voice was much louder than she would've liked, she is sure any undead in the city could hear her, but she is desperate. She cannot lose the child, she can't, not after what she did and--"I said stop! Stop!"

But it was too late, and the child drifts inside the Pokemon Center to gaze up at the dark-type, enamored by their colours. It floats ecstatically, almost like hopping. "Pretty! Pretty!"

Last edited by Cedric on Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
    SkeletonCupcake
    SkeletonCupcake
    Ace
    Ace

Post by SkeletonCupcake Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:48 pm

|Anistar City Outskirts|Early Afternoon|
    |2|2|

Sten padded along on his hind legs, constantly surveying the area around him. His ears perked up as he heard voices, he couldn't quite make out what they were saying but he could tell they were both male. Cautiously the oddly colored feline shifted his arms to hide the berries he was carrying as he moved closer to the voices, and the city gate.

"Hey buddy!" A voice called, "Ya looost?"

Looking around, Sten quickly located the source of the voice, a Ninetales with only a tail and a half. A shady looking character to say the least. "No. I am not lost." Sten replied with a careful tone. "I don't have time to chat either. Follow me if you'd like but I need to get back to the Pokemon Center." Sten then headed into the ruined gate and worked his way over the debris and back into Anistar.

|Anistar City|

Beams of sun lit up the otherwise dark Pokemon Center, breathing a bit of life into the once bustling building. Tiana paced, wishing Sten would hurry up and come back. She was so focused on trying not to lose it that she didn't notice the approching entity until it spoke.

"Pretty! Pretty!" An excited voice echoed slightly in the dingy building.

"Who's there?" Tiana asked, turning around to see the young Ghastly."Pretty...? Who? Me? She wondered, confused about the childs words. No one had called her pretty in a long time. It reminded her of better days when the world was simpler and you didn't have to worry about fighting for your life. 

"Tiana? Are you all right?" Sten called, scrambling to enter the Pokemon Center with the berries in his arms. Tiana sighed with relief, hearing her friends familiar voice. "I'm fine Sten, what took so long? She responed, looking past the Ghost type to see her friends sihlohette in the doorway. "Walking on two feet.Who's the shiny Ghastly?" Sten sighed, weaving around broken floor tiles and pieces of the roof. "Not sure." Tiana repsonded, her attention split between the child and her friend. Upon reaching the spot where Tiana stood, Sten carefully placed the berries he gathered into Tiana's scarf pouch before dropping to all fours. "Watch the door, there may be strangers coming." Sten whispered to his youthful companion.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:44 pm

2 | 2

"Pretty...? Who? Me?" Seemingly understanding the words, the ghost immediately nods. The action is quick and emphasized, whole body moving with every nod as the little specter circles the Zoroark. Moments later a feline walks in, and the apparition begins to circle the Espurr as well.

"Pretty! Pretty pretty pretty! I like! I like!" They chirp their words, coming down to eye level to the Espurr. With it's small vocabulary it is a wonder the child manages to make coherent sentences, every word pitched with youthful excitement. It has never seen such pretty colours before! Everyday was the same violet and pink, plain green on the fields and few splashes of red. For the toddler, these two Pokemon are rainbows. "Pretty colour! I want!"

Sanya rushes as fast as she can towards the Pokemon Centre, eyes wide with fear as she nears the building. Judging by the dark fur of the figure that passed by she is sure they are a dark-type, a type that could easily kill (or, re-kill?) the child. Abruptly stopping at the building the Musharna yells her commands. "Stop! Don't move!" She then turns to what she identifies as a Zoroark, body tense with fear. "Don't touch them! Don't you dare harm them!"

"Hello there new friends! I am Honest Jon, at your service." She nearly jumps at the sudden voice coming from behind her, the Musharna whipping around to see a Ninetales and Persian. She is not worried about the Persian--a normal type, but the Ninetales...

At the prospect of new friends the Gastly darts towards the Ninetales, wide eyes staring at the vulpine Pokemon in wonder. He was fuzzy! Fuzzy and furry! "Fuzz! Fuzz!" It yelps, circling around to dance under the orange tip of his tail. "O-range! O-range! Fluffy!"

Last edited by Cedric on Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
    SkeletonCupcake
    SkeletonCupcake
    Ace
    Ace

Post by SkeletonCupcake Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:46 pm

|Anistar Pokemon Center|Early Afternoon|
    |3|3|

"Strangers? Not zombies right?" Tiana replied softly, hoping the young ghost pokemon would not hear her. "No, but they don't look trust worthy." Sten muttered in response. Tiana was about to open her mouth to ask another question, but an unfamiliar voice chimmed in and stopped the brightly colored Zoroark."Hello there new friends! I am Honest Jon, at your service." A raggedy looking Ninetales introduced himself, his head bowing slightly. Tiana felt sorry for the creatures state but Sten was right, she could feel in her gut that something wasn't right about this fox. "Nice to meet you...I'm Tiana." She offered cautiously, keeping an eye on the ghost child who had lost intrest in her and Sten and had moved on to the newcomer. "Likewise, my name is Sten." The elder male offered with a hint of distrust in his voice. 

Tiana sat down, hiding her scarf's pouch descretly beneath her mane. She wasn't prepared to share their supplies with strangers just yet. Sten nodded silently in agreement, he did not trust the Ninetales at all, he seemed like the sort of fellow to abandon when the going got tough. Or try to steal extra rations for himself when the others weren't looking. Of course, Sten had reason to be judgemental considering his past with humans and even other pokemon, and he held a special disdain for fire types. "So...what brings you here?" Tiana asked, trying to break the ice, and atleast attempt a friendship. Of course she was easier trusting than Sten but she had her doubts. Especially because Sten distrusted them and he was far more experienced than she was when it came to reading people. Sten simply observed, watching with judgemental eyes. He would not invite them to be part of their troupe until he could trust them, regardless of Tiana's choice. 

"We ended up here after travelling through Johto in search of survivors like yourselves. Tiana and I have been working to try and assist the living wherever we go.' Sten explained in a nonchalant tone. He was beginning to get very aggitated around the fire fox pokemon. Too many things about him, such as his arrogant look, reminded him of his father, and the pain he endured in the past. Yet his eyes betrayed no emotion, only that he remained observant of the others actions.

A sudden voice startled Tiana and Sten slightly."Don't touch them! Don't you dare harm them!" a Musharna demanded, obviously referring to the Ghastly. Tiana was awestruck at the sudden demand but Sten was relaxed. "Ma'am, if I may. We are not going to hurt anyone. I only attack when provoked and I would never harm a child, and Tiana here adores children, you have no reason to fear." Sten offered, hoping to comfort the obviously distressed Psychic type.
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:19 pm

3 | 3

"Ma'am, if I may. We are not going to hurt anyone. I only attack when provoked and I would never harm a child, and Tiana here adores children, you have no reason to fear." Despite the comfort the Espurr attempts to console the Musharna with, Sanya is still bristling. These are strangers--complete and utter strangers--how can she possibly trust their words?

She furrows her brow further and scowls, tone still accusing and frantic. "How can I trust you? What proof do you have to back up your words?" Sanya asks. "Neither of you follow the standard colouration of your species, not even the standard for shinies, how do I know that you are not undead? With a Zoroark on your side I'm sure it's easy to mask up any obvious indicators--"

"Safe." The spectral voice rudely interrupts the Musharna's string of questions, the Gastly's wide eyes staring straight at the dreameater. "Safe." It repeats, and for a moment those large, round eyes seem like they know something. Regardless this sudden pause does not stop the child from circling the Ninetales again, still chanting the same old "o-range, o-range, fuzz fuzz fuzz!"
    SkeletonCupcake
    SkeletonCupcake
    Ace
    Ace

Post by SkeletonCupcake Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:32 am

|Anistar Pokemon Center|Early Afternoon|
    |4|4|

"How can I trust you? What proof do you have to back up your words?" The Musharna asked."Neither of you follow the standard colouration of your species, not even the standard for shinies, how do I know that you are not undead? With a Zoroark on your side I'm sure it's easy to mask up any obvious indicators--"

After the string of questions from the concerned Psychic type, Tiana decided to speak up. "I understand your concern due to my species, but we are not infected. If we were, no matter how strong the illusion you would still be able to smell the stench of decay." The young illusion fox pokemon offered. She hoped her explination would distill any further conflict about them. Especially after the young ghost types observation. If anyone in their midst should have questions directed at them it should be the Ninetales and Persian. Sten would not be so apprehensive about people he thought might be friendlies. 

"Besides ma'am, Tiana is young. While she is strong, she has not had ideal training to hone her illusory skills, at best she could cloak only one of us from detection and even then it would be sloppy." Sten confirmed, displacing the last of the Musharna's doubtful questions. He would not stand around and let anyone compare himself and his friend to those undead scum. Sten would fight tooth and claw to protect them both and prove their innocence. However he hoped it would not come down to a battle as they needed to keep their strength up for when night falls, they would have true undead to worry about. Especially because of that blasted sundial and it's glow.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:13 am