Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

4 posters

Predicting the future

Anonymous

Predicting the future Empty Predicting the future

Post by Guest Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:26 am

Many Pokémon are psychic types, and typically, psychic people/beings are usually able to read minds and/or see the future, so I was wondering, would seeing the future be acceptable for a psychic Pokémon, such as Gardevoir? In the pokédex entry, it says that Gardevoir can see the future, so would this be viable? It would not be constantly knowing names, and knowing attacks etc. but it would be small glimpses of the future, and due to the infection ravaging her mind, combined with her already being crazy, it might not make sense, so others may find it hard to understand her. An example might be that she is floating in a team, and a new member joins, she might say something about expecting a new friend, which most wouldn't know what she was taking about, till the new team member appeared. She would only see occasional glimpses of the future, and she is barely able to understand them herself, though touching significant people or items can give her a vision of the future.

If that is confusing, then I will try to simplify it, if I can. She would see occasional garbled confusing glimpses of the future, though sometimes when she touches certain people or items, she has a premonition such a this

Is this acceptable?
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Anonymous

Predicting the future Empty Re: Predicting the future

Post by Guest Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:50 am

Oh, that reminds me, to not restrict others, I would ask their permission for the vision, so I would not just get a vision of another undead attacking, I would get their permission before the character has the vision.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:56 am

My Abra, Kenna, has done it, and I asked Sil for permission since the vision revolved around the possible death of her character. Once the vision was over she carefully selected a breaking point for the vision to prevent it from happening. So it is possible as long as it is a type that is known for doing that sort of thing.
    Mew
    Mew
    Legendary
    Legendary

Post by Mew Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:17 am

I've personally considered pokemon that know the move future site and mind reader, in my mind they would be able to meta-knowledge and see events from the past and the future of a specific character, but that's just my opinion. As far as what you're asking, I see no problem in it as long as you keep it vague, and get permission before involving other characters in your premonitions.

Maintainence/Coding Admin
    Predicting the future Hz72hB2
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:28 pm

Revolving around this question, in the pokemon mystery dungeon games (Time, Darkness and Sky) the hero has the Dimensional Scream ability. Would it be alright to have a character that has that ability?

For those of you who don't know what the Dimensional Scream is, it lets you see things not that far off in the future and who knows how far into the past.
    Drago
    Drago
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Drago Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:48 pm

If I remember correctly, the Dimensional Scream was an ability that as far as we know, is specific to humans.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Lugia
    Lugia
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Lugia Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:41 pm

Mew's point is valid. I would stand behind any normal game canon, as long as permission is granted y the characters involved.

However, Aura, I would have to deny your own request. As it is human specific, and as we tend to use PMD and Ranger games as little as possible, it would not fit here.

Predicting the future Shadowlugiasig

Lugia
    Admin

"It's amazing how hard someone will fight for their underpants."

Post by Guest Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:17 pm

Thanks everyone, this can be closed now.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:35 pm