Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+15
Starbits
Duma
NyraXerz
Volcarona
skittyTail
Kaze
Catalyst
Gliscor
Silverishness
Snitch
Alakazam
Jay
Nightfall
Min
renegade
19 posters

(ACE) The FARAWAY Team

Kaze
    Kaze
    Ace
    Ace

(ACE) The FARAWAY Team  - Page 12 Empty Re: (ACE) The FARAWAY Team

Post by Kaze Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:04 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Faraway Island / Nightfall / [70]

His hackles still raised the Manectric barks futilely at the rippled water where the Gyarados had slipped back into the sea. Electricity crackles around his stiffened hairs with nowhere to go. Discharging the power of his rage into the sea wouldn't bring the Gyarados back any more than biting it would.
    Pitch black storm clouds billowed around the Electric Type's fading fur. They crackle with his anger. The adrenaline of the fight is dying down. It had served him well during the desperate fight and the more desperate pursuit. Now his chase through the forest has reached its unsatisfying end. He could fool himself into thinking the Gurdurr's death was the fault of the Fighting Type for not heeding his warning to leave the area but that wasn't true. It was his failure. That knowledge seeped into his bones and dirtied his fur.
    He had let a murderer escape and the fact that it was so easy these days does nothing to take the edge off his burning guilt. It fact it grew stronger.
    Javolt throws back his head and howls at the sky.
    The long mournful note echoed through the air, holding every trace of anger and frustration that filled up his ancient body. It seemed to last longer than natural. It was an ancient visceral sound far older than the Manectric that was making it.
    When the echoing stopped Javolt lowered his head. Now that the rush of the fight was over pain had returned to his body. He was panting for breath with pecha pink tongue lolling over his teeth. It was dark and he was tired and he had no way of pursuing the criminal at all. It left a bitter taste in the back of his mouth but with head held high he walked along the same path the Gyarados had dragged. When he reaches the Togetic his ice blue gaze drags upwards.
    "That was a very foolish thing you did." he growls, his tone dark and his teeth showing. "Impeding an officer of a law in execution of his duties and defying a direct order of an officer of the law are both serious crimes...That your intentions are just do not reverse the fact that I am responsible for the safety of civilians and putting yourself in harm's way has allowed the perpetrator to escape. If you wish to correct this mistake I ask you to come with me."
    The Manectric brusquely snaps his jaws shut and without checking to see if the small fairy is following, follows his nose away from the smear of Gurdurr blood towards the scent of unknown ghost type.
    "I am Police Inspector Javolt and I am here to investigate a murder!" He introduces himself to the group, standing tall with his eyes are hard as marbles.
    Volcarona
    Volcarona
    Harbinger
    Harbinger

Post by Volcarona Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:16 pm

The Harbinger drifts lazily on the heated Hoenn winds, lounging in the warmth carried from Mt. Chimney in gales. Below him is the sea blinding with it's reflections of his brimming fire, the light then subsequently illuminating the many textures of his holy wings. The denizens of the water are surely gazing up at him in awe right now. After all, they are being graced with the presence of a god. A god of the very sun! Mortals would be foolish not to bow to his pulsing divinity, of heat and flame and embers. Those who dare defy him will be executed, and this vast array of twinkling blue will evaporate into his skies.

It does not take long for the undead to catch sight of an unsightly mound of green amidst the ocean he brightens, and Volcarona knew well what green meant--a potential for flame.

With as much elegance he can muster he glides downwards towards the Faraway Island, singing a few wayward bushes with the stray embers of his wings. This island is perfect, he thinks, a potential burning speck in the vast black sea. But before he begins his flaming conquest he must first feed on succulent flesh, a ritual to increase his power before he unleashes righteous fire-fury. He can smell life, the bubbly tang of beating hearts and hasty breaths--a gourmet waiting just for him. Without hesitance he soars forward, the tips of his wings grazing the bark of many trees and leaving scorch marks in his wake. With a forceful lunge he bursts through thick bushes and ensnares something living, furry and small, within his insectoid grips.

Whatever it is, it begins to struggle. The Harbinger looks down at the rodent he holds, rising slowly into the air. A Zigzagoon. It is small and tiny and probably a snack at most, but it is enough. "Why do you struggle?" The sun god hisses his words, filthy spit dribbling down his dark maw. "You should be honoured, after all," his legs dig deeper into the tiny raccoon and he soon feels the dark warmth of blood stain the tips of his feet, "you are to be devoured by a god." Her pleas and screams fall on deaf ears, the massive moth turning his head away. Gods are always deaf, ignoring of their subjects' pleas and wishes, always selfish, always vicious.

And Volcarona is exactly that.

With one swift motion of his legs and head a massive pulse of fire releases from his body, the Heat Wave almost a gorgeous sight if not for the horrendous screams and cries of pain emitting from the small rodent in the god's hands. The flames shimmer and burst above the Faraway Island and illuminate the surrounding waters, almost like fireworks. The Zigzagoon is burning and screaming, it's very tears evaporating into fine mist from the scorching heat. Volcarona's wings are golden with new power, mandibles fiercely gouging into the face of the raccoon and ripping it's skull away from it's body with messy flings. He crushes bones between his teeth, flesh between his jaws as he swallows his meal. Matted fur and dark blood stains his face and eyes as he shoves the rest of the body into his mouth, disgusting ichor dribbling down his chin.

He finishes his meal and stares down at the dirty green beneath him, rising higher into the sky. The shimmer and glow of very body becomes a sun amongst the pelt of stars. With a roar of hell, divine chitterings and holy screech, violent flames unleash from his jaws and to the foliage below. His celestial task done and hunger satiated the Harbinger simply decides to resume his flight, a moving sun across the dark Hoenn night.
    Maximum
    Maximum
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Maximum Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:09 am

Faraway Island/ Nightfall [3]

Abby's concentration was wrecked when the Gyarados flicked her with the end of its tail.  The attack threw her into the trunk of a tree, and she almost lost conciousness as she fell to the ground.  She retained enough of her mind to slow her fall, but she landed on all fours and collapsed.  As if from far away, she saw the undead sea serpent dart in a certain direction, and she tried to make herself move. After failing, she tried using Wish on herself to recover faster.  While waiting for it to take effect, she heard a different male voice challenge the Gyarados away from someone, and then the voice was screaming and pleading. There was a crunching sound as they stopped, and she knew. FASTER! FASTER! COME ON!she mentally screamed at her now swiftly healing body. I can't lose another one!

A higher voice was screaming now, and Abby had healed enough to start moving again.  She was still a little dazed, and she had one thought on her mind, Find. Protect. Your life is pretty much forfeit when they are involved.  She floated above the trees to locate the Gyarados again, since it seemed like the Manectric had settled on killing it. The monster looked pleased, and she was terrified.  Did it somehow get the electric wolf?  The undead leviathan suddenly turned and quickly slithered away, with the Manectric hot on its metaphorical heels.  She tried to keep up with them, but she was tired and achey.  In the clearing she originally entered, her body made her stop.  She found a tree that wasn't burning and waited for another Wish healing.  

As she waited, there was a long, mournful howl coming from the direction of the sea. Hopeful, she jumped out of the tree and started trying to fly towards it.  She encountered the Manectric before even leaving the clearing, and he looked as angry as the thunderclouds his kind could control. "That was a very foolish thing you did," he growled at her.  She could not deny the fact that what she did was bad for self-preservation, but when she agreed to be a service pokemon, she had willingly signed her life away to always protect her charge.  With her charge dead, she had little left. Then, the Manectric had a speech about how he was an officer of the law, and that her actions had let a criminal escape. He then told her to follow him to "correct her mistake." I'm sorry officer, and nothing I say now can change what I did.  But to tell a service Pokemon not to protect someone is like telling a police officer not to chase a  running criminal.

The Manectric seemed to ignore her as he turned around and started sniffing. He seemed to be following a scent trail, so she floated along behind him.  She noticed that he seemed somewhat tired, but chose not to comment upon it at the moment. Soon they found the remains of some Pokemon's head, and though the Manectric ignored it for the moment, Abby stopped for a few seconds to Psychic lift what remains she could and threw them in a fire. "Legend's have mercy on your soul.  Thank you for trying to save them."  She ended the prayer quickly since the Manectric was already heading to the mouth of a cave that was illuminated with fire. He introduced himself to the other Pokemon as Police Inspector Javolt with an erect posture and neutral voice.  

Abby's eyes are drawn to two figures in the cave who look worn out and covered in blood. One is a ragged Vaporeon, and the other looks like a strange Ninetales. She floats up from behind Javolt, and, while pointedly looking at them, says, "Excuse me, you two seem like you've been injured recently.  Would you like me to help you heal? My name is Abigail or Abby.  You can call me whichever."

Soon after, she hears a voice screaming away from the cave.  It reminds her of the second voice she heard when coming to this island.  She starts heading towards it while calling, "Inspector, hurry! There's another person in danger."  By the time she got there, a giant fire moth was already immolating a small, furry creature.  She tried to hurry towards the fire, but the sun moth had already eaten the unknown Pokemon and had flown off with glowing wings.  "How can I help others if I'm always too late or too weak?" she quietly asks aloud. "NOTHING I DO SEEMS TO WORK ON THESE MONSTERS," she angrily yells at nothing in particular.  The fire raging around her perfectly illustrated the anger at herself and the situation inside.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:47 pm

Faraway Island | Night
    TinyDragon 75| Lone 38

"Are you sure this cave is safe to enter?" Nothing could ever be easy now, could it? "Yeah! Look, nothing bad's gonna get me~" He drops into a playful stance though his expression was challenging. Katyusha isnt fazed though, practically ignoring his existence as she hoots fire clear above him. Honestly, women. A couple of heartbeats pass and the Phanteon stands tall again. A noise comes to ear, a clicking, beating.. a swarm of Zubat burst out from the cave and take to the nights sky in a flurry of flapping wings. The Vaporeon jumps, scurrying behind Katyusha for protection as their sudden appearance. Lone's body tenses but he does not react, standing amongst the flock as through it wasn't even there. He might not of known they were in the cave but he couldn't let the others know that. I dont smell any rot.. It was all good then, jut normal Zubat's. "See, just some stupid cave dwellers." Sitting down the Ghost Type's red gaze sweeps over to two approaching forms. "Ah, Inspector, glad to see you made it."

"I am Police Inspector Javolt and I am here to investigate a murder!" TD crouches low but her eyes are wide was awe. This Pokemon was just beaming with noble wisdom. Its nearly radiating from her form and the distraught feelings inside her retreat the smallest bit. All.. all she wanted to was to lie down and rest.. push these horrors aside for a few hour.. I cant take much more.. Another tear slithers down her cheek.
    A speck of white catches her attention and another Pokemon appears from behind Javolt. For once no fear creeps upon her, just curiosity. The group was.. growing. "Excuse me, you two seem like you've been injured recently. Would you like me to help you heal? My name is Abigail or Abby. You can call me whichever." The words flash by so fast her blurry eyes struggle to keep them all straight. Abigail.. It was such a pretty name. "Vat.. vat would be wovely," She mutters softly, "Faink you. Oh, and my names TinyDwagon."
    There isnt a chance for the other Pokemon to respond though. Everyones faces go on the alert, seeming on edge, picking up something she can not. "Whats wong?" She asks, looking between each Pokemon for answers but he gains none. "Inspector, hurry! There's another person in danger." No.. Not again, she couldnt take that again. The Vaporeon backpedals, eyes wide and locked on the ground as she inadvertently making her way into the cave before stopping, covering her eyes with her paws. Legends why..

The little Togetic rushed off after the scream but the Phanteon simply planted his butt roughly against the sandy cave floor. Dont offer me a heal, thats fine. Crimson gaze drifting over to the crying, whining, upset Vaporeon again he cant help but take in a deep breath and sigh. "Come on sweetheart, dont let them get to you." There is no reaction. "People die everyday, it happens. I mean come on, I died today!" There is a flash of light in the distance and TD's head pops up, eyes wide as they stare at the orange speck and rising smoke.
    Her fragile heart breaks even further.
    Loneliness had stood and sat too many times in the last minute.. grumbling, he stands and pads over to the Bubble Jet Pokemon, lying directly next to her so its ruffled pelt touched her scales. TinyDragon's head and one paw moves away from him but she does not scoot away. There was something shining in her eyes that he didn't like. "Relax," He hushes her, "No ones going to get you." Slowly TD lets her head fall, resting lightly on her paws though her entire form is still very tense. The Ghost's tail brushes along hers, sending chills along her spine that arent completely uncomfortable. Im so tired, Lone.. But there is no way she can sleep like this.
    Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Duma Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:50 pm

((Skip ;w; Rokai is just sort of silently horrified.))
    NyraXerz
    NyraXerz
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by NyraXerz Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:04 pm

Faraway Island || Nightfall || 27

Lone continues to joke, clearly not concerned in the least with the safety of the cave even as a clicking, beating noise begins to fill the air. It starts off softly at first, quiet enough to have been dismissed if the sound -had- stopped at that point. Katyusha's ears stand tall, twitching at the approaching beating--unprepared for the force of the horde of zubats that force their way through their small group into the night air. They graze through her fur, scratching and colliding with her already bruised body. Gritting her teeth tightly together, the fox pokemon forces her yelps to not escape her jaws. After what feels like several minutes, but was more likely seconds, she calculates, the bats have completely evacuated. The ordeal leaves the ninetales breathing heavily to catch her breath. "See, just some stupid cave dwellers." Katyusha shoots him an incredulous look. "You..." Her comment dies on her tongue as she still is trying to regain enough breath to finish her sentence and as new voices begin to reach them. ...He knew that thing with the zubats would happen...

"Ah, Inspector, glad to see you made it."
    "I am Police Inspector Javolt and I am here to investigate a murder!" A blood-curdling scream cuts through the air, making everything within their group grind to a halt. Another pokemon was in danger! Help up and burning alive above the forest in the grips of a rather impressive undead. It's wings glowed just as magnificently and menacingly as it's heat wave. The small fairy attempts to rally them, to do -something- to aid the screaming, burning, dying--but there was nothing they could do. Nothing but watch that is. The fire type could tell the second she turned and saw. They were far too long of a distance way, comparatively to how close the undead's jaws were. As the last scream fades away the vulpine hangs her head. Suddenly feeling tired and beaten.

Sparing a glance around, Katyusha notes Lone and TD laying down together, probably every bit as tired as she. The fairy continuing to scream her frustration away and Rokai looking too horrified for words. "Everyone please, there was nothing any of us could have done. That, that thing came and took a living pokemon, but even a rapidash at full health couldn't have made it there in time to save them." Pausing to glance to each 'mon again she continues again. "It's beyond dangerous to go back out there, we cannot save the other and it's too dark to even see...unfortunately, this cave will be the safest location for the night."

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always gotten there first, and is waiting for it."
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Kaze
    Kaze
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Kaze Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:12 am

Faraway Island / Nightfall / [71]

"Inspector, hurry! There's another person in danger."
    With a snap of his dripping jaws the Electric Type gives a warning growl to his audience then sets off after the small fairy type. Leaves crunch underfoot as he sprints off after the shape of the Togetic. He can smell a familiar scent up ahead. He sets his jaw solidly. That smell is blood. The vines whip against his legs, his elderly body aching with pain at this sudden stress. He is exhausted but he can' bring himself to rest. No matter how much it hurts he has to see things through to the end.
    The Manectric growls. With his hackles up he sniffs at the air, smelling the all too familiar scent of burning viscera and forestry. Around him the forest is suddenly in flames from bright burning ball in the sky showing flames from the night sky. Out of the corner of his good eye the Electric Type sees one of the scale-like embers land on a leaf and immediately set it ablaze. The flame rapidly travels down the stem to the branch then that starts blazing brightly as well.
    Javolt pulls up, his stubby claws digging into the dirt at the sight of the forlorn patch of fur lit by the light of the flickering flames. The tan and white fur is speckled with bright red and other darker fluids. There isn't enough left to tell what body part it had come from. At one end torn skin  glistens wetly.
    "How can I help others if I'm always too late or too weak?" The Togetic's wings seem to  pause mid-flap with the somber sorrow in her voice. "NOTHING I DO SEEMS TO WORK ON THESE MONSTERS,"
    The sorrow turns to a deep frustration in an instant. The tone of the Togetic strikes a chord in the Manectric. He growls, turning away from the sight of the bloodied patch of fur and offers a paw to the Fairy.
    "I feel the same way." He says softly.
    His heart is hammering in his chest from the run. So soon after the Gyarados escaped, this...
    The bright sun in the sky starts to fade with distance, the bright pokemon that did this already out of range of any of his attacks.
    Javolt grits his teeth together so tightly his gums start to bleed. The scent of blood, burning hair and scorched forest. He can taste his own blood trickling down his throat, feel his own heart hammering in his chest like it would explode from his ribs like a baby pokemon hatching. These sights, these smells paint the sky of the mind's eye with the massive leering shape of an eyeless charizard. For a moment he feels the hot magma that oozed from the reptilian beasts absent jaw pooling on his shoulder and his body goes stiff with fear. The imagined image bends and fades and he realizes a burning leaf has fallen on his fur and scorched the hairs. Hew finds he is more out of breath than he thought. Even breathing seems painful.
    "We don't have time! Back to the cave!" He barks at the Togetic, his blue eyes wide with an unfamiliar fear.
    The night sky is starting to bubble with cloud; both from the heat of the forest fire and his own meddling with the weather. A downpour of rain should help combat the blaze. It was simple enough to start but soon stopping the forest fire is going to be far beyond any pokemon's abilities. The cave should be tough enough to withstand the heat until the forest fire burns down.
    Maximum
    Maximum
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Maximum Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:13 am

Faraway Island/ Nightfall [4]

"I feel the same way," Javolt tells Abby as he offers his paw. She tears her gaze away from the remains of the unknown Pokemon to look at him, and she feels slightly reassured. At least I'm not alone again, she thinks to herself as she reaches for his paw.  Her frustration is tempered when she notices just how heavily the Inspector is breathing, and concern for the older Pokemon takes up her thoughts.  She welcomes the distraction.

"Inspector?  Are you okay?" Abby queries.  However, his gaze is transfixed by something only he can see in the fires beginning to surround them. "Inspector? Javolt!?" she cries out. Vaguely, the look in his eyes reminds her of several humans she once aided at the home.  They had never recovered from a war, according to Cassandra.

"Let me heal you real quick!" she calls out, hoping to get a reaction, and she flutters her wings to start preparing a Wish. He looks at her with terrified eyes and growls, "We don't have time! Back to the cave!"  Seeing the unflappable Manectric with that look in his eyes deeply unnerves her. "All right, then.  Let's go" she says as she cancels her move for now and waits for him to lead the way.

After they head back to the cave, the Ninetales notices how frustrated Abby still is and how upset the poor Vaporeon is. The Ninetales tries to soothe them by telling them that there was nothing more they could have done, and that the cave was the best bet for a safe night. "Thank you.  I know that logically, but, sometimes, I can't help thinking about what ifs," she says somberly as she reaches towards her scarf where the locket is located.

"I don't think I caught everyone's name....earlier," Abby stumbles across her words as she tries to avoid mentioning the incident.  "However, everyone here looks exhausted, and I would like to offer my services for healing. Wish takes some time to work, but it can help aches and pains."

Abby lands near the tattered Vaporeon, and makes sure the eeveelution is awake before speaking. "Miss TinyDwagon, I believe you accepted my earlier offer, so I'll start with you, if that's alright. You don't even have to get up." Abby smiles at TinyDragon as Abby's small body starts to glow like a little star.  She then flutters above the Vaporeon and shiny dust seems to come out of her wings as she hovers over Tiny Dragon.  She only has to move a little bit to also cover the Phanteon in the glitter.  After those two, she moves around the cave to hover over the rest of the small group. Her last stop is Javolt. Afterwards, she lands on the ground beside him and staggers a bit from exhaustion.  

"Are you feeling better now, sir?" Abby inquires. After it seems like the others have settled down for the night, she quietly asks, "You saw something in those flames that terrified you, didn't you? I didn't notice anything when I glanced around, so I can only assume you saw something that disappeared instantly, or you remembered something triggered by the fire."

((OOC: The way I'm going with this, you guys can determine how much one instance of Wish heals you individually.))
    Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Duma Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:59 am

|Faraway Island|Late Evening|
    |24|
    Rokai was about to lead Gabriela back to the others when a faint smell came to his nose. Rokai's eyes widened and he spun in time to see a giant moth snatch the small Zigzagoon from behind him. "NO!" He shouted, chasing after them on the ground. "Why do you struggle?" Rokai's legs refused to respond as he stopped all movement. "You should be honoured, after all..." He willed himself to tear his eyes away, attack, run do SOMETHING but his body would not respond. He stood there paralyzed in terror as he watched the fire moth dig it's claws into her fur. "You are to be devoured by a god.""No..." He whispered, but it was too late. The Heat Wave raced over his fur, harmlessly going over him. The same could not be said for Gabriela. Her screams pierced Rokai's ears and he shut his eyes, not wanting to see the sight. But he wasn't fast enough.The monster stuffed the Zigzagoon into it's disgusting jaws, her blackened skin no longer recognizable. Rokai's green eyes widened and he found he could not stop staring.

Then, it was over. The Harbinger flew away, leaving the hound to stare at the spot it was, the image staining itself onto his retinas. "How can I help others if I'm always too late or too weak?" Numbly, Rokai turned his head to stare blankly at the Togetic. His jaws were numb, and he couldn't form any coherent thoughts. "NOTHING I DO SEEMS TO WORK ON THESE MONSTERS!" Their scream broke through to Rokai, and snapped out of his trance, and his head hung. Closing his eyes tightly, his shoulders shuddered, and tears began to well up. Hiccuping, the salty liquid slithered down his muzzle and dripped off his nose. "I couldn't even save her. What good am I? I save someone from one danger, then the are killed by the next. I can't get anything right. I..." He said, his voice cracking. "I'm useless. Nothing but a waste of space." He muttered, hiccuping again.

"I feel the same way." That was the Manectric from earlier, wasn't it. Opening an eye, Rokai watched the police dog with a sad expression. "Inspector?  Are you okay?" Rokai shooked his head. "I don't think anyone is okay now." He muttered, closing his eyes again. They still persisted. "Inspector? Javolt!?" The Manectric's eyes dart back and forth, his form looked aged/ He looked exhausted. "Let me heal you real quick!" They glowed with an odd glow, and moved their hands to heal Javolt, when the Manectric snapped out of his trance. Rokai forced himself to stand tall, his eyes still trickled with tears, but they were not as numerous. "We don't have time! Back to the cave!" Javolt raced off, and Rokai found his paws, racing after the electric type. He was younger and faster, but Javolt was experienced. He kept pace with Javolt, staying just at the police dog's left flank.

They soon reached the cave, and Rokai was glad that the run had dried his tears. He stood tall, but his muscles ached. He roll in his shoulder and the slight droop in his head betrayed how tired the hound was, but he didn't let it show in his eyes, which watched them all with a mixture of relief, sadness and regret. "I don't think I caught everyone's name.... Earlier," Rokai blinked. That's right, he didn't know this pokemon. "I'm Rokai." He said, mentally kicking himself for letting his tone betray how tired he was.

"However, everyone here looks exhausted, and I would like to offer my services for healing. Wish takes some time to work, but it can help aches and pains." Well, at least that was a good thing, right? "Miss TinyDwagon, I believe you accepted my earlier offer, so I'll start with you, if that's alright. You don't even have to get up." Rokai moved to TD's side, his green eyes searching her cyan ones. "Are you all right TD? I'm sorry I wasn't here earlier..." His sentence trailed off as the Togetic's Wish started to work wonders on his tired muscles. His eyes started drooping, and he only just had enough time to glance over at Katyusha before his eyes closed and he drifted into a hazy half-asleep state.
    NyraXerz
    NyraXerz
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by NyraXerz Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:55 am

Faraway Island || Nightfall || 28

"Thank you. I know that logically, but, sometimes, I can't help thinking about what ifs," Katyusha blinks, slowly taking in the fairy-types words. It stung, the zigzagoon's untimely, bloody death. She did not deny that, but trying to comprehend in her mind the enigma of considering alternate present times puzzled her...or perhaps it was simply her exhaustion....it did tend to put a damper on her reasoning skills. "The only other 'if' I can think of is that that THING didn't come...or maybe that none of this ever started..."

The ninetales' voice dies off, neglecting reaching her point as her mood is dampened by the thought of where they would be, where she would be if none of this ever happened...the most logical answer being back at Willow's side in an un-destroyed lab...Shaking her fur out to 'dislodge' the memories. "There was no other possible course of action on our part to have 'if' done. My name is Katyusha by the way." The vulpine adds with a tired smile she hopes is comforting. "However, everyone here looks exhausted, and I would like to offer my services for healing. Wish takes some time to work, but it can help aches and pains."

"That...that would be nice, thank you." Katyusha replies, more sincerity now in the smile already on her muzzle. As she watches, the fairy flaps above their heads, energy, like specks of magic and glitter itself are dusted on each of them. As the specks reach Katyusha, she is not surprised to feel anything initially, it does take time to work. However, it's not too long before a warming sensation spreads throughout her body helping to relax and soothe her battered form.

As she moves to thank Abby again she notices she has already stopped to talk to the inspector and as she turns towards Rokai, catching the last of his sentence to TD it seems the wish is already affecting him as well. The houndoom's eyes begin to droop. Before they fully close, they momentary lock on to hers, but caught in the moment she can't think of a single thing to say. Really, what is left to? Casting a glance outside, her throat tightens painfully. The fire is spreading...if they cannot leave and there is trouble, this cave could indeed be quite an effective cage..."If we're going to rest here, we should appoint someone to be on look-out."

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always gotten there first, and is waiting for it."
    Kaze
    Kaze
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Kaze Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:48 pm

Faraway Island / Nightfall / [72]

The grizzled police dog flops down on the cave floor where he can keep an eye on the group with his one good eye. He finds a patch of fur he can reach where the embers have landed and lick and licks at it. The raw burnt skin stings.
    "Are you feeling better now, sir?"
    The small Fairy has fluttered over to him. He keeps his eyes on the others.
    "You saw something in those flames that terrified you, didn't you? I didn't notice anything when I glanced around, so I can only assume you saw something that disappeared instantly, or you remembered something triggered by the fire."
    "It is not something I feel comfortable discussing." The canine snaps.
    A quiver of static electricity runs through his fur, causing the hairs to stand up briefly before he calms himself. The experience have left him rattled and jumpy. A good officer should always be in control of the situation. With a deep breath he forces his hairs to settle.
    "However I will put this as simply as I can. Not too long ago I was in a similar situation. I had found a group of living Pokemon I was aiding in barricading their shelter. We were...attacked...by an undead Charizard."
    He forces himself to continue speaking. His breathing is increasing at the memory.
    "The pokemon I was protecting were killed by it. The entire forest was burning."
    His intact eye seems to lose focus, seeing nothing but the remembered blaze reflected on the rocks of the cave walls.
    "I tried to stop it but it pinned me down."
    His voice drops to the barest breath of a whisper.
    "I think I died..."
    He coughs, wrenching his eyes away from the point in the distance where his gaze had fixed. His pupils dilate, returning to normal. He stands, shaking off the feeling of unease that pricked up his fur.
    "If we're going to rest here, we should appoint someone to be on look-out." The strange Ninetales/Zoroark vulpine asks.
    "I will do it." He growls, feeling uncomfortable with feeling uncomfortable.
    Maximum
    Maximum
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Maximum Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:24 am

Faraway Island/ Nightfall [5]

"It is not something I feel comfortable discussing," Javolt snapped.  

Abby shrank down at his temper, afraid that she had angered him. When she noticed the sparks, she started backing up and almost tripped. "I'm sorry, I was just concerned..."

Javolt seemed to calm down after a few seconds, but Abby was still wary.  Then the electric hound started,"However I will put this as simply as I can. Not too long ago I was in a similar situation. I had found a group of living Pokemon I was aiding in barricading their shelter. We were...attacked...by an undead Charizard. The pokemon I was protecting were killed by it. The entire forest was burning." Abby's eyes opened wide as she listened to his tale. Her heart went out to him when he mentioned the other Pokemon's fates. The guilt, sadness, and helplessness that came with losing someone that you're supposed to protect were terrible feelings. He stared at the firelight dancing on the walls as if from a distance as he continued,"I tried to stop it but it pinned me down." At this point Abby noticed that Javolt is breathing heavily, but a morbid curiosity kept her from stopping the story.  Then, in a hushed whisper that she can barely hear, he uttered words that she never expected, "I think I died..."

"What?" Abby asks just as quietly.  Generally, if a person died, they stayed dead, and there were no second chances. This was something that she learned a long time ago, and she had made peace with the idea.  However, if she heard him correctly, then the only way he could still be here would involve direct intervention from the legends.  Maybe there was still hope...

Abby's thoughts were interrupted by Katyusha. "If we're going to rest here, we should appoint someone to be on look-out."

Abby nodded in agreement, and looked at the small group.  Rokai was out cold already, and TinyDwagon seemed too tired to move.  Abby also had a suspicion that TinyDwagon may not have a good sense of hearing based on her speech. So that left herself, Javolt, Katyusha and the Phanteon for look outs.

Javolt volunteered first.  Abby thought about being a guard with him, but she was so tired.  She had been constantly moving for a long time now, and the fight earlier really wore her down.  Her wings started to droop, and her feet were like lead.  She commented, "We should do shifts to make sure everyone gets some rest. If you're up to taking the first shift, Javolt, go ahead. I'm certainly not fit to watch right now."

Before settling into a nook in the cave wall, she told the still awake members of the group, "If we need to get out and that fire is still going, wake Rokai and me up immediately.  I can carry everyone out of the fire except him, but I think his kind has the ability to endure flames."

With that she started making her spot comfortable by using her scarf. That was when she finally noticed that the scarf ends were charred. "When did this happen?" she quietly asks as tears start pricking her eyes.  The scarf and locket were the only items she had left of her old life, and to see the object that once defined her in its current state drove the point home that nothing could ever be the same. To hide her sadness, she buried her face in the scarf while she attempted to sleep.  She didn't realize this action exposed the locket around her neck.

((OOC: Abby hasn't figured out yet that TinyDragon's name has an r in it, so that's why I keep misspelling it.))
    Penumbra
    Penumbra
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Penumbra Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:41 am

Faraway Island | Nightfall | 1

Goddesses, why? This is disgusting.

The Eevee coughed, tears pricking at the corners of his eyes. His mouth and nose burned from the salty seawater; experiencing it's unique taste was a first for the Normal type, though it wasn't something he ever wanted to think of ingesting in such quantities ever again. Who would have ever expected there were such vast lakes of tainted water simply laying about? If there was one thing Oracle actually liked about being away from his clan, it was the chance that he got to explore the world outside of it. He had seen countless anomalies and unfamiliar Pokemon during his travels, though he didn't seem to be getting any closer to home in the process. And, upon raising his head and glancing around at his surroundings, the Eevee seemed to come to the conclusion that he was more lost than ever. What was this? A small hunk of land in the middle of nowhere? He wasn't sure whether to be grateful for finding it, or disappointed because he wasn't anywhere near his destination.

There's not much use in getting upset over things. He thought, slowly getting to his paws. I might as well try to make the best out of it. A surprisingly familiar scent caused the Eevee to wrinkle his nose after that- was there a fire? The Normal type knew by all rights he should have been feeling some sort of dread, but if anything, he was excited. A fire meant other living beings, right? That was what he was hoping, at least. It was either that, or he was so unfortunate as to land on an island that lightning had recently struck and ignited, but Oracle tried his very best not to think about that possibility. Optimism was extraordinarily important in such difficult times; he had gathered that much relatively quickly.

He took off at a run in the direction of the smell, only stopping briefly to dip his paws in a puddle of mud so he could redo his face paint. It had been difficult, at first, trying to figure out how to do it himself, but somehow he managed. Though his paint was a pale imitation of how it would have looked back home. The Eevee tried hard not to focus on things like that, however.

His path had taken the Normal type through many strange scenes that he couldn't quite make sense out of. The terrain was torn to shreds in some places, trees casually uprooted like they were twigs. Had there been a fight of some sort? The scent of the dead hung heavy in the air, but it was intermingled with something that caused Oracle's heart to race- the living. It had been so long since the Eevee had last encountered another living Pokemon, and it wasn't a stretch to say that he longed for the company. He could only hope that they survived whatever sort of chaotic battle had taken place. Their scents seemed to continue long after the wreckage did, at least, so the Normal type could only hope.

The sound of unfamiliar voices reached the Eevee's ears as he neared a cave, though at the last moment, Oracle seemed to hesitate. Were they friendly? It wasn't as though he had much to offer if they were the types to try to steal things from unfamiliar Pokemon. What would his Mother do is she were in the same position? Would she approach them? After all, they were stuck on the same speck of land together; they were bound to meet eventually.

"Hello?" The Eevee called, stepping into sight from the cave, but making no moves to actually approach much more than that. "I can hear voices- is anyone in there? I'm not one of them, I promise, I'm just... Lost."
    NyraXerz
    NyraXerz
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by NyraXerz Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:19 pm

Faraway Island || Nightfall || 29

"I will do it." A voice answers almost immediately after Katyusha answers. Locking eyes with the aging manetric, Katyusha nods gratefully. She may be more awake than most others in the cave, but her aching body was begging for rest...With all the adrenaline gone from her system she felt weaker than ever before. Despite everything that had just happened and everyone they had lost she was almost too exhausted to continue processing it in this moment.

"We should do shifts to make sure everyone gets some rest. If you're up to taking the first shift, Javolt, go ahead. I'm certainly not fit to watch right now." Dripping her head down and up more slowly than before Katyusha agrees. "An excellent idea." The vulpine pauses briefly to yawn, the action parting her jaw wide. "Wake me up when you get tired and I can take second watch or third. Whatever you prefer Abby." Pushing out her forelegs in front of her, the fire-type leans into a long slow stretch. Dripping her spine in a large curve to catch all of her back muscles before a painful tinge stops her. Relaxing her form once again she lays her head down on top her two crossed paws.

"I don't think I'm ready for first shift though, thank you Javolt." She says as her eyelids begin to sink. "Hello?" Everything stops. Her eyelids, her heart, her thoughts. That was a new voice. Who was this? Where did they come from? Did they live here? Were they infected? Did they know they were here--"I can hear voices- is anyone in there? I'm not one of them, I promise, I'm just... Lost." ...One question of many answered.

Very slowly, Katyusha rises to shaky paws. Her eyes couldn't see the newcomer from where she currently stood, but her ears twitches and swerved lightly to attempt to gather more information. "It sounds like a child...small? claiming to be uninfected. Could an infected be smart enough to mimic sincerity? No prior observations made.." She notes to herself without even realizing it. The words come out as quiet mumbles out of habit. Placing one paw in front of the other the fox pokemon inches towards the voice and releases a single puff of fire to serve as a signal.

"We're...we're here--I mean uh--we as in survivors." Nervousness creeps into the ninetales' voice, but she continues. "Lost? Do...do you know what island this is?" Thinking back, Katyusha couldn't recall herself where she was...last time she knew the location was at Stark Mountain, but since fleeing there...honestly, since everything that has happened, she can't even recall if she asked any of the others about their exact location...[/color]

Kaze
    Kaze
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Kaze Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 am

Faraway Island / Nightfall / [73]

"We should do shifts to make sure everyone gets some rest. If you're up to taking the first shift, Javolt, go ahead. I'm certainly not fit to watch right now."
    The delicate Fairy droops, thankfully dropping the subject . She looks tired out, both by the events of the day and by her healing of near the entire party. Javolt's bones ache in agreement but she shoves down their protest as he stands. In this light it is easy to see how old age has faded his bright fur.
    "An excellent idea." The Ninetales curls her tongue when she yawns. "Wake me up when you get tired and I can take second watch or third. Whatever you prefer Abby."
    Right, now that everything's sorted...
    Javolt shoulders his way to the cavern entrance where he can keep an eye on things but far enough away that he doesn't have to look at the fire. He sets his jaw. All the suspects were here with no chance of leaving. The area is secure enough and he has the first watch.
    "Hello?"
    Javolt growls and his fur stands on end. He doesn't have the energy left to electrify himself but he hopes his snarling face will be enough to scare off a threat,
    "I can hear voices- is anyone in there? I'm not one of them, I promise, I'm just... Lost."
    Javolt pads closer to the source of the sound. He pants with jaws open and pink tongue licking over his yellowing teeth and black gums. A string of saliva drips to the ground.
    "State your name and business!" He barks harshly at the newcomer.
    "We're...we're here--I mean uh--we as in survivors." The Ninetales says nervously from inside the cave shelter.
    Javolt pads closer and clicks his teeth together. A bright blaze of flame grows in the back of his throat, playing along his teeth and throwing an eerie glow on his face and collar. The sky was lit by dancing flames but they cast long shadows and he wanted to be sure he could see.
    An Eevee. As he walked closer he inhales deeply through his nose, using odor sleuth to fully identify it. Fur and dirt and bone but no trace of the bitter scent of disease.
    "I am Inspector Javolt. It is not safe to be out after dark." He adds not unkindly.
    Maximum
    Maximum
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Maximum Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:25 am

Faraway Island/ Nightfall [6]

"An excellent idea. Wake me up when you get tired and I can take second watch or third. Whatever you prefer Abby." Katyusha sleepily commented.  Abby pulled herself together long enough to answer,"I'll take the third shift, please." She choked back a sob that threatened to make itself heard. Tears started to run down her face and into the scarf that was still pressed into her face.  She didn't want the others to see her like this, especially since it seemed like everyone had calmed down after the unknown Pokemon's untimely demise.  However, she knew that she had been distracting herself from these thoughts a long time, and it was going to happen at some point.  Better to happen while in relative safety than being alone and no one to watch out for her. As she mourned for the life she lost, she found that she wasn't as forlorn as she expected.  The last time these thoughts invaded, she was almost paralyzed with grief. Maybe finding others to stay with helped more than I thought.  The comforting thought was enough to calm her down and her eyelids started to lazily drift downwards.

Then there was a voice she didn't recognize."Hello?" Abby twitched back into the waking world.That voice.  It sounded young, masculine, and... nervous? Katyusha was muttering something that Abby couldn't make out as she hastily wiped at her face and donned her scarf.

"I can hear voices- is anyone in there? I'm not one of them, I promise, I'm just... Lost."  As the voice continued, Javolt took an aggressive stance with his fur standing on end and stalked towards the entrance."State your name and business!" He barked at the newcomer. In a more nervous tone, Katyusha added,"We're...we're here--I mean uh--we as in survivors. Lost? Do...do you know what island this is? During this, Abby trudged forward to get a better view of the entrance, but she made sure to stay a certain distance behind the Inspector.  She certainly did not wish to catch his ire again!  When she peeked out from behind him, she saw an Eevee. Definitely not physically threatening, but someone ought to make sure he isn't injured she thought.  

Javolt proceeded to deeply inhale as he walked closer to the creature.  After the Eevee passed a test of some sort, the Inspector calmed down and spoke in a noticeably milder tone. "I am Inspector Javolt. It is not safe to be out after dark."

Abby, still behind Javolt, took a closer look at the young Eevee.  He appeared average for his species, except for some markings on his face that she couldn't make out and some strange jewellery.  There were no obvious injuries. Trusting Javolt's judgement and her quick check up, Abby added to the Inspector's warning, "The fire out there isn't safe either." "Why don't you come in?" she gestured back toward the cave. "Have you been injured recently?  If so I can offer a little bit of healing." She posed the question innocently, and if he was hurt, she fully intended to heal him. However, if he had a wound that looked wrong like the Growlithe's, then she would have to put him down. She refused to make that mistake again.
    Penumbra
    Penumbra
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Penumbra Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:53 pm

Faraway Island | Nightfall | 2

"Ah... No, I don't." An island? Was that what he was currently stranded on? It was the best explanation the Eevee had gotten thus far, anyways. Prior to running away, he never would have considered there were large, strange-tasting bodies of water outside of the tiny world his clan had made up, much less pieces of land floating amidst them. The longer Oracle was out on his own, the more the Normal type slowly began to realize just how little he actually knew. It was sobering, not to mention rather embarrassing. "I'm very, very lost right now. I've been trying to get home for... A long time." How long had it been? The Eevee didn't have the slightest idea, to be honest. "I tried to sneak a ride on the back of a water Pokemon, but... It wasn't a very good idea, and when they dived, I slipped off. The next thing I remembered was waking up here, on the sand." In retrospect, it was a miracle that he was still alive. He probably should have informed the Water type that he had planned on hitching a ride when he did, but Oracle had every reason to be cautious of strangers, particularly when they had a significant size advantage on him.

"State your name and business!" A new voice caught his attention after that, and the Eevee had to resist the urge to turn tail and run as the Manectric approached. He settled for shrinking back slightly, sinking so low to the ground that the fluffy mane of fur around the Normal type's neck scraped the dirt. He could see the glow contained within the unfamiliar Pokemon's mouth, and suddenly his mind was filled with horrifying images of those teeth opening to allow a burst of flames to shoot out and engulf his body. No, no, no. I don't want to die like this. What would it feel like, to burn alive? Oracle hadn't the slightest idea, and quite frankly, he really didn't want to find out. "I am Inspector Javolt. It is not safe to be out after dark."

Allowing himself a moment to relax after that, the Eevee let out a breath he didn't know he was holding, before puffing up his chest and straightening back up to stand at his full height. His full, unimpressive height. "My name is Oracle. And like I mentioned before, I just want to go home." He paused briefly, before continuing. "It's safe there. I know it. The Goddesses wouldn't have let those... Those monsters harm anyone." At least that was what he was hoping, anyways. The Eevee hadn't been home in a very long time- how long, he was unable to tell. "I've been trying to find a way back for a while now, but I'm not very good with directions or retracing my steps. I think I might just be getting farther and farther away, actually."

"Why don't you come in? Have you been injured recently? If so I can offer a little bit of healing." His attention was drawn to a new Pokemon, one he hadn't noticed behind the Manectric. He attempted to offer her a smile, though it probably came off a bit more sick and uneasy than the Eevee had originally intended. Shooting the Electric type a hesitant look, as though he was silently asking for permission, Oracle dipped his head, before slowly beginning to wander in the direction of the cave. "I appreciate the offer, but I think I'm alright. I haven't really tried fighting much; if I see any of them coming, I usually try to run away. I'm not much of a battler, but, uh... I can be useful in other ways. I'm mosty just... Tired, I guess."
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:04 am

Faraway Island | Night
    TinyDragon 76 | Lone 39

The Phanteon narrows his eyes as the Togetic returns and Katyusha tries to calm them down. Really, why even waste her breath? It was obvious from the start they couldn't do anything and it would just waste oxygen to try and help. The Fairy flapped pitifully, as though looking for anything to distract herself from that fact. Pathetic, how the hell did you survive. Gritting his teeth he looks away as she speaks, "However, everyone here looks exhausted, and I would like to offer my services for healing. Wish takes some time to work, but it can help aches and pains." Two wispy ears perk. Well, at least it had its uses. Just thinking about it made is beaten body ache.. perhaps this time he would get some tender loving too. "Miss TinyDwagon, I believe you accepted my earlier offer, so I'll start with you, if that's alright. You don't even have to get up." The Phanteon grunts, trusting his head roughly down onto his paws. Well, he sure as hell wasn't moving. It she wanted to heal the fish she had to heal him too.

The Vaporeon smiles gratefully at the Togetic, her voice shaking still, "Vat would be wonderfil, fank you." As she shifts to stand the Fairy Type comes to her, letting the youth relax back into place as a shower of sparkles rain down above her. Aqua eyes going wide with awe and the Bubble Jet Pokemon feels light with joy despite the aches that persisted in her bones and sorrow in her bleeding heart. While Abby had pre-warned her it would take time to work she nearly felt better just knowing that the sweet newcomer cared about everyones well being. Even Lone was being treated, and though he had zero reaction to the glitter that dotted his fur the Water Type could feel that deep down he was grateful.
    Vision fuzzy with good feelings TD must blink her eyes hard to clear them when she notices Rokai approaching. "Are you all right TD? I'm sorry I wasn't here earlier..." The hounds words were getting harder to make out. It was getting pretty dark, soon enough it would be too dark altogether to see what anyone was saying. Kinda like being alone.. The fires in the distance burned clearly but they did nothing to light her current surroundings, a real false hope. "Im alright, fank you." While she beams him a soft smile its a terrible lie. That poor Pokemons death rattles around in her heart and makes her paws shake even though the Wish was starting too relax her muscles. They didn't deserve to have to burn to death.. Catching the Houndooms gaze there is still enough light to see the sorrow glistening in his green sphere. "You did all you could."

Rolling his eyes open the Phanteon grunts. Why had he wanted to find these guys again? They were just so damn annoying most the time. A warm, relaxing feeling comes over his bloody pelt as the Wish kicks in. The sting leaves his wounds and stiffness melts into a soothing bliss. Damn that's smarts. Maybe he was being too hard on the others. They weren't snapping at him, at least for the moment, and the pixie was attempting to be helpful. "If we're going to rest here, we should appoint someone to be on look-out." His red gazes narrows. While the Phanteon was feeling plenty awake enough to stand watch for however many hours he needed he wasn't about to go and volunteer himself for it. "I will do it." The Inspector? A strange feeling prickles in his claws. Knowing the Manectric was going to guard them, him, actually made him feel.. protected. For the first time in a while it was if he-

Something rustles with no breeze to stir it. Instantly the Phanteon's fur bristles. They were no longer alone and it seems whatever it is has gotten close with everyones guard being down. Fan-fucking-tastic. Lone growls, hackles raised and ready to strike whatever was approaching. Red eyes scanning the foliage he spots the culprit right as a Pokemon pops out saying, "Hello?" It was a small shape, furry looking.. a breeze finally blows and drifts the scent toward them. Its all to familiar. It was an.. Eevee. "I can hear voices- is anyone in there? I'm not one of them, I promise, I'm just... Lost." Fur falling flat the panic fades instantly though foul feelings persist. Of all Pokemon an Eevee had to show up.. "Strange place to get lost." He hums sarcastically, though by now he is used to having his snarky comments ignored or overreacted to. The growling grows louder, involuntary as his ruby gaze locks onto the small form. They did not need another Eevee. He sure as hell was not okay with having another Eevee.

"State your name and business!"
    "We're...we're here--I mean uh--we as in survivors."
    "I am Inspector Javolt. It is not safe to be out after dark."
    The others were going to let it stay just like that.. werent they, because it was an Eevee.
    "My name is Oracle. And like I mentioned before, I just want to go home."
    The Eevee didnt seem to have much fight to its voice but it sure did talk a lot. The Phanteon parted his jaws, ready to let his feelings be known, ready to tell them all he was not about to be friendly with this child even if it stayed with them when he felt the smooth scales of the female beside him shift. She was.. standing?
    The Vaporeon strode forward a little with tiny, careful steps. Her teal eyes were wide open and peering straight through the darkness to look for the Eevee. Only the flames around Javolts teeth allowed her to see the creature but its words were completely lost to her including his name. An Eevee..! A bittersweet joy nestles in her heart. She never got to see Eevee's, or really be one herself, and the last one she ran into.. looking back toward Lone all she can pick up is the deep scowl along his muzzle and something that looked like betrayl. That accident would weigh heavy with her forever. I'll protect this one with my life, I swear it. Resolved with the thought TinyDragon bounds forward another step, a warm smile along her face. "Hellwo there!" She says cheerfully in a soft voice. "My name is TinwyDwagon." An odd feeling of relief comes to her. Not because the child was an Eevee or that it was clean, but because he had found them before it was pitch black and extra undead started prowling. To be lost in the darkness of an unknown island.. all alone. Thank you, legends. They had favored the vulpine and she would not forget that.

The Eevee and the others just seemed to talk more. The Ghost Type was growing irritable, ready to lash at the next Pokemon that talked. His claws pricked and scratched at the sandy cave floor. Weren't they just having a conversation about who was standing watch so they could go the fuck to sleep? Sweeping his tail across the ground to curl it along his other side the Phanteon speaks out to everyone, "Yeah introductions, thats great. Why don't we save the chit chat for morning though, ya know? I dunno about you all but its getting really fucking dark and I like to sleep when the suns gone." Refusing to make eye contact with any of the other Pokemon he curls himself around, making sure his back was to the cave entrance. A fucking Eevee.. Suddenly he just really wanted to fucking sleep.

((Sorry this is so long.. seems I missed more cycles then I thought, @.@ Good to be back in! ))
    Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Duma Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:51 am

|Faraway Island|Late Evening|
    |25|
    The hound didn't really sleep. He just lay there, his head on his paws and his eyes closed. Over and over the image of Gabriela haunted his mind. "Im alright, fank you." He cracked one eye open, looking up at TinyDragon with a sleepy emerald eye. "You did all you could." The words impacted the hound more than he thought. His shoulders relaxed and he sighed, a puff of smoke coming from his nostrils. "If we're going to rest here, we should appoint someone to be on look-out." The words registered, but Rokai was miles off. TinyDragon... She's always been so... Uplifting to be around. But, what is it she sees in me? Is it because I'm kind? He thought, His muzzle curving into a smile. "I will do it." Rokai opened his eyes a bit more then, looking at Javolt carefully. The Manectric looked tired and worn out, but they were still wanting to look out? A feeling of safety washed over Rokai, a feeling that was still very foreign to him.

"Hello?" The voice was new. There was someone else here! Opening his eyes and blinking a few times, the fire hound lifted his head, looking through the gloom. "I can hear voices- is anyone in there? I'm not one of them, I promise, I'm just... Lost." Not one of them..? Not an infected? Rokai pushed himself to his paws, stretching as he walked to the entrance to the cave, hanging back behind Katyusha. "Strange place to get lost." For once, Rokai had to agree with Lone. An island was an odd place to get lost. It was only so big."State your name and business!" Rokai flinched at Javolt's harsh snap, watching with facination as the police dog's fangs lit up with a Fire Fang.

"We're...we're here--I mean uh--we as in survivors." The hound couldn't help but smile at Katyusha tripping over her words. The fox may be knowledgeable, but they seemed to be somewhat bad at introductions. "I am Inspector Javolt. It is not safe to be out after dark." Rokai tore his gaze away from where his eyes had somehow drifted to the floor, observing a very interesting patch of dirt to looking at the new arrival. It was an Eevee. An Eevee. "My name is Oracle. And like I mentioned before, I just want to go home." A rustle of paws and the soft sound of scale brought Rokai's gaze to TinyDragon, who was going over to Oracle. "Hellwo there!" The fire hound smiled gladly at the hint of joy in her voice. "My name is TinwyDwagon."

Rokai looked the Normal type over, bright green eyes curiously lingering at the necklace and markings. "I'm Rokai." He was about to say more when a familiar scent caught his attention. The crisp scent of fire was still ever lingering, but this smelt almost like Katyusha. He lifted his nose to the air, trying to find the scent again. "Yeah introductions, thats great. Why don't we save the chit chat for morning though, ya know? I dunno about you all but its getting really fucking dark and I like to sleep when the suns gone." Rokai gave a quiet snort of laughter, before trying to find the scent again. He turned to Javolt. "Inspector, do you smell that? There's someone else nearby..." He said quietly, looking back out to the blazing forest. "I'll take watch after Katyusha."
    NyraXerz
    NyraXerz
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by NyraXerz Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:25 am

Faraway Island | Night
    Katyusha 30 | Marvin 27

(Marvin's post count carried from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.])

"State your name and business!" The bark from the manetric makes the ninetales jump. She knew he had been there, but his sudden sharp, and harsh shout catches her off guard. "I am Inspector Javolt. It is not safe to be out after dark." As she gets a better look at the newcomer the eevee looks no less shocked than she surely does. "My name is Oracle. And like I mentioned before, I just want to go home." Coming closer, the features of the eevee--Oracle-- become easier to see. Honestly, he appeared rather ordinary, apart from the odd accessories and mud. The canine was crouching so low his neck fluff was touching the cave floor. Poor kid looks like he's about to bolt... Katyusha muses disheartedly. Following the child's gaze, she notices it leads right to the electric's fangs.

"My name is Oracle. And like I mentioned before, I just want to go home." As the young one stated this, he straightens up. As his confidence seems to return, the normal-type stands up taller, back straight and chest puffed. As Oracle stands tall at his full 1'9 height, the fox pokemon listens with growing interest and lessening worry. "It's safe there. I know it. The Goddesses wouldn't have let those... Those monsters harm anyone." Goddesses? "Legends? Which ones?" The fire-pokemon asks with genuine curiosity, assuming the a legend must be the goddesses he speaks of. Though the train of thought brings up a wholly other one on the possible strength and ability of the legends against the epidemic...

With her tired mind buzzing with thoughts and possibilities, the vulpine doesn't notice the others speaking to the eevee, offering healing, greetings, and their names. What does pull her out of her exhaustion-fueled mind-run-around is the feeling of being watched. It starts as a prickling at the base of her neck that expands down her shoulders. A surveying look around shows no one within the cave is looking her way. "Inspector, do you smell that? There's someone else nearby..." She eyes turn to the burning forest. "It's definitely not safe out there after dark..."

As if the apocalypse wasn't terrible enough, some jackass decided to set the whole damn thing on fire. Who's fantastic idea this was, he couldn't tell. All the skuntank knew was that before, the island was full of undead and rot. And now? Flaming undead and rot. "One big burning pile of shit!" He hisses to himself, running one paw along a rather large groove that had been plowed through the Earth.

Normally, the poison-type wouldn't have run towards shitstorms and undead. His common sense saw to that--but the wild fire that spread made a more convincing argument. Now the skunk thought the weavile he saw before in lostlorn was an ungodly monster, but whatever did this...well, at least he knew he was alone on the island now. Nothing would survive this undead and if the undead was still here it sure as hell wouldn't be able to hide itself. Following the large path in the ground the gyarados left. It provided a the nicest buffer from the heat and flames he was gonna get. "Wait! NO! Fuck!"

The skuntank snorts. "Wouldn't you know it? I should have known better than to think I'd have this whole damn rock to myself." Stalking off towards the sounds of the howling, he is eventually forced from his hollowed out path as it ends. Walking underneath the burning canopy, he treads carefully to avoid falling embers and fallen debris. Better to see the possible danger now than wait for it to catch up to him later. Like when he's sleeping. The closer he gets, several other voices reach him. He's too far to make anything out, it's more like tones carried on the wind, but they're there.

The closer he gets, the easier it is to see the looming cave entrance and figures at its entrance. Hm...so they found a cave. Either they were incredible smart or incredible dumb...depending on who called that tunnel home. He wasn't about to find out in the middle of the night. Turning to return to where there was less fire for the night, Marvin spots another pokemon watching the group. A ninetales...scratch that, ONEtales. "Well, ain't this just a nice little night for stalking."

Kaze
    Kaze
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Kaze Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:07 pm

Faraway Island / Nightfall / [74]

The Manectric snorts. The flare of flames fades from his jaws. Dirt, goddesses, was the Eevee a native of some cult of this island. Despite suffering from delusions it did not appear to mean harm in any way. More important it smelt healthy under all that caked on mud. As soon as it gave him reason to distrust he'd turn it out but for now he could allow it.
    "You may pass." He steps aside to let the Eevee into the cave and turns his eyes back to the night. "It is too late for travelling and I will make sure it is safe inside." His voice gets harder on the word sure as he turns his gaze back to the burning brush. The Gyarados's powerful attacks have left the crude approximation of fire breaks gouged in the earth. The entire woods won't burn down but after the fire has run its course the ground here would be a black spot in the heart of the forest for some time to come. The scorched ground would mark what had happened long after they were gone. The electric Type forces himself away from the voices inside.
    They sounded friendly enough, if exhausted by the ordeal they had just gone through but there was too much of a bitter worm gnawing at the canine's heart to relax. After all one of them was a murder who, in the morning, would have to be tried and put to death.
    He forces his gaze back to the flames. The Houndoom's trembling voice was correct. There were other scents then the hot dry reek of burning wood.
    "If anything approaches in aggression they will face the full wrath of the law." He says bluntly, hoping to reassure the Fire Type.
    The smell of ninetales on the burning wood is near by but not near enough for him to see anything in the flickering flames. It if tried to get into the cave while he was on watch he would interrogate it more harshly than he had the little child.
    He forces himself to look deep into the fire until his body shivers with the feeling of remembered lava dripping onto his fur. He can feel it eating into his skin with a dull pain that's like his flesh being pushed apart while being scorched to the core of bone and beyond. He forces himself to keep watching even as the flames become blackened fangs crusted with the drying rock. His pupils shrink to pinpoint dots and his breaths come in raspy pants of panic but he forces himself to look into the fire, look into the fire for danger no matter how much it reminded him of his death.

((OOC: Time skip soon?))
    Maximum
    Maximum
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Maximum Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:47 pm

Faraway Island/ Night [7]

"I appreciate the offer, but I think I'm alright. I haven't really tried fighting much; if I see any of them coming, I usually try to run away. I'm not much of a battler, but, uh... I can be useful in other ways. I'm mosty just... Tired, I guess."Abby was relieved to hear that Oracle had avoided injuries from the undead thus far, and there were no chances of him suddenly turning on them while they rested. Thank Arceus above for this mercy! That also meant that she could discard her morbid thoughts of killing a potential threat.  Even though she knew she would do it if needed, the idea still brought a bitter taste in her mouth.  She prayed to the legends that she would never have to kill someone pre-emptively.

The poor Eevee still seemed uneasy as he walked toward the cave.  Thankfully, Javolt allowed him in with assurances of protection for the night.  Abby almost jumped when TinyDwagon, Katyusha, and Rokai walked up behind her to greet the newcomer.  Hoping to ease the young one's nervousness, she greeted him, "Hello, Oracle.  My name is Abigail, but you may call me Abby. This island is faraway from home for me too." She smiled sadly as she thought but unlike you, I have nothing to go back to.  She also added, "I pray to the Legends that you are correct about your home."  Maybe one day Oracle could go back, and have a life similar to the way things were, a blessing she could never have.  

"Yeah introductions, thats great. Why don't we save the chit chat for morning though, ya know? I dunno about you all but its getting really fucking dark and I like to sleep when the suns gone.Lone's impatient words, though harsh, resonated with Abby's feelings. "He's right, it's been a long day, and everyone needs to sleep.  We can talk more in the morning." Abby agreed with the prickly ghost. The brief jolt of adrenaline was wearing off, and Abby was once again drooping. Her wings dipped down, and tiredness dogged every movement.

While this was going on, Abby thought she heard swearing in the distance.  She chalked it up to hearing things until Rokai said, "Inspector, do you smell that? There's someone else nearby..." Katyusha added, "It's definitely not safe out there after dark..."  This put her mind on edge again, but her body had decided that it was time to rest.  "If anything approaches in aggression they will face the full wrath of the law," Javolt bluntly stated, and Abby found that she trusted the old Manectric.  Probably due to his fixation on the law, he had a sense of honor that Abby knew he would not violate.

After everyone had settled down, again. Abby decided to pick a sleeping spot closer to the entrance, just in case she needed to jump up to fight.  She ran a risk of waking up every time the shift changed, but she wanted to be able to protect this small group.  Most of them were kind to her, and almost motherly urges made her want to protect Oracle and TinyDwagon at all costs. Her training also steered her towards helping Javolt whenever possible, even though he could mostly take care of himself. At this thought, she glanced up at the old Manectric as he stood guard at the entrance.  His stance, though resolute, was slightly betrayed by panicked breathing. She forced her body to obey one last time as she moved over to Javolt.  She whispered to him while touching one of his forelegs, "You're not alone this time. If something happens, I'll be here to help you." Hoping that eased some of his anxiety, she trudged back to her spot and settled back down for the night.
    Penumbra
    Penumbra
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Penumbra Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:09 pm

Faraway Island | Nightfall | 3

"Hellwo there!" An unfamiliar voice caused Oracle to pause in his trek to the cave, and the Eevee raised his head slightly, curiosity flashing briefly across his features. A Vaporeon? It was one of the few kinds of Pokemon the Normal type was actually familiar with. Though his clan consisted primarily of Espeon, Umbreon and Eevee, there was the occasional Jolteon, Flareon or Vaporeon that evolved, primarily by accident. The Jolteon and Vaporeon tended not to linger for very long, however, finding it difficult to secure themselves a part in the clan. There was always one or two Flareons hanging around at any given time, though; lighting the fires with which the Espeon used to predict the future was a very sacred duty, after all, one that was typically preformed with much pride. As a result, the sight of a relatively familiar Pokemon was more than enough to bring a smile to the Eevee's face, albeit a small one. "It's very nice to meet you, miss." Oracle replied, happy that he had at least managed to stumble upon a group that was somewhat friendly. He doubted he would have been able to do much other than turn tail and run if they weren't.

He turned his attention to the Houndoom after that, blinking in surprise at the sight of the unfamiliar Pokemon. There wasn't much in the way of species variation in the secluded little area his clan occupied, though he had at least gotten himself familiar with a few more during his travels. He hadn't dared approach anyone else before that point, however, as the majority seemed more interested in peeling the flesh from his bones than exchanging pleasantries. Still, despite the obvious size difference between them, the Fire type seemed friendly enough, and he shot him a smile in response, opening his mouth to reply. A different voice, this one more feminine, caught the Normal type's attention before he could do so, however.

"The legends?" He blinked, confused by the statement, before craning his head back to stare at the sky above. "I was talking about the sun and the moon- the Goddesses." It had never occurred to him prior to that point that not every Pokemon he came across held knowledge of or actively followed his clan's beliefs. It was a strange, dizzying thought. "They watch over us from above alongside the spirits of the dead, providing guidance and protection. By the light of the moon and souls of the deceased, we can navigate. With the heat of the sun and the bones of the deceased, we can tell the future." A pause, after which the Eevee quickly shook his head. "That was what we were taught back home. I never learned how to navigate. I was supposed to be an Espeon, not an Umbreon." It was a shame that he hadn't, considering using the stars to tell where he was going would have been extraordinarily useful in his current situation.

He stretched after that, fatigue weighing heavy on his bones. "Rest sounds nice." Oracle mumbled, wandering into the cave. He wasn't quite sure where to settle down, deciding on a spot that wasn't too close to the entrance, but wasn't too far deep, either. Another Pokemon inside caught his eye briefly, one that he wasn't all that familiar with, though they had their back to him. Their anatomy, at least, from what little he could see of it seemed oddly reminiscent of an Eevee, or one of it's evolutions, though he couldn't be sure. Briefly, he considered saying something, before deciding against it, curling up into a ball and hoping that he would at least be able to get himself a full night of sleep.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:08 am