Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+22
Fern
Nightfall
R'hia Kyrie
Arceus Bladed
Min
Catalyst
Starbits
Mew
Xerneas
Drago
Duma
Chroma
Dandelion
Requiem
RhysandNight
Rampardos
Silverishness
Scizor
Snitch
renegade
Negative10
Bitterblue
26 posters

(ACE) The HEARTHOME Team

Anonymous

(ACE) The HEARTHOME Team  - Page 7 Empty Re: (ACE) The HEARTHOME Team

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:56 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hearthome City/Late afternoon (8)
    The ninetals calmed and sat up, the metal bird smiled, and Ullr’s mind had drifted off. Consumed in the music she played, Ullr was the happiest she had been in months. Finally, she thought I get to play for an audience again. She was reaching the peak of her song when a voice pierced through the melody and caused her song to end in an untimely screech.
    “Shut that up!”
    Ullr looked up, rudely yanked from her artistic zone, and glared at the flying lizard that disrupted her song.
    “Shut that up?” she began, her hunger making her anger too strong to suppress. “I don’t know who you think you are. But if you knew any manners, you would know that when someone is kind enough to play you a song, you listen!” As she finished, she started to regret her outburst. As the beast moved closer, she felt fear in her heart. Ullr fought to stand her ground and not to run. She was right, and stubborn enough not to deny it to anyone. She stood as still as she could, desperately hoping that no harm would come to her, or worse, her ocarina. Soon, Ullr slowly put her instrument back into her bag, fumbling a few times as she buttoned the bag shut because of her shaky hands. She knew that if she got into a fight with the avian, there was no possibility of her winning, or being able to run.

Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:33 pm

(( Skyraven has asked me to post for her, saying to skip her turn. Her WiFi is currently down and she is unable to post.))
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:57 am

Hearthome City || Evening[4]

"Why does everyone around here forgo natural instinct? If prey gets away you don't go after it when there are two perfectly good options right behind it. It's a waste of stamina."

Cray gave a quiet chortle at the Dratini’s bitter muttering, a smile crawling onto his old face. Clearly, he hadn’t met creatures like Thread before. Only the best would do for his majesty, he simply wouldn’t stand second-best – let alone being outsmarted by a pair of antisocial youths. Oh no, there was no doubt in the Skarmory’s mind that Thread would pursue with very bloody results.

"What else are we supposed to do? Just wait until he's ready for a snack?”

The bird straightened himself up, eyes on the trio in the distance as he caught the serpentine dragon’s sarcastic quip. Well, what a barrel of laughs these two were… Still, they had guts and that was enough to entertain the aging, ‘blade of the skies’. That was most definitely a new one.
    “Who said I was going to help you?” He whispered back, though a lazy smirk betrayed his good intentions. “But as you asked so nicely, I’ll consider it…”

---

“Shut that up? I don’t know who you think you are. But if you knew any manners, you would know that when someone is kind enough to play you a song, you listen!”

Thread snorted, suppressing an unpleasant laugh as he stalked forward. Manners? Who gave a fuck about manners these days? Ready to silence the instrument and its owner himself, the Aerodactyl slowed to a halt inches from the ghost-type’s face as she hurriedly hid the item, apparently regretting her earlier outburst. A wide grin of superiority was plastered on the dragon’s face.
    “That’s better,” He purred, raising his head proudly. It had been so long since he’d felt this level of respect. The fear of others effectively gave his inflated ego a much needed boost, leaving it craving for more. “You see, Cray? That’s respect! …Cray?”

Turning around, Thread was less than pleased to see his comrade and the two dragons quietly conversing amongst themselves. Nostrils flaring, a furious hiss escaping him, the Aerodactyl stormed forward.
    “Cray!” He snapped savagely, the steel bird’s head jolting up at the call of his name. Damn, he’d hardly had the time to present his companions his plan.
    “Ye-“
    “You’re conspiring,” Thread stood inches from his inferior colleague, tone accusatory as a deep hatred flashed within his eyes. The scent of blood was thick on his breath as the rock-type’s gaze suddenly darted to Reeves and Elidr. Perhaps it would be easier to kill them now, rather than risk losing his already rebellious follower…
    “They want to fight,” Cray had caught that sinister glint in his ‘boss’s’ eye, soon stepping in for the sake of saving the skins of the entire group. It was enough to snatch the dragon’s attention away, the avian duo glaring at one another whilst the words were processed. “For you,”

This seemed to alter Thread’s demeanour entirely. A smug smile fell across his face, his vicious stance relaxing as he fell back to rest on his haunches.
    “Oh really?” There was a tinge of excited curiosity to his tone. Commanding the old Skarmory was one thing, but having an entire group of followers, warriors, to order was something very appealing to the Aerodactyl. Cray shot a glance to the duo, urging them to play along. However, Thread was caught up in the idea enough not to require much persuading on the matter. Squinting at the dragon-type pair, scrutinizing their small, frail forms, he gave a snort of distaste. “You’ll need training – but it’s a possibility. You certainly have the mindset of warriors,” Turning to the ghost and cowardly Ninetales, his expression soured. “You two, however, will need to work extra hard. No screaming, no crying, no music – no noise, got it?”
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:13 pm

Post 17

Hearthome City| Evening

Reeves could only growl and stand his ground as the "Cray" creature seemed to mull over their dilemma. Maybe he was like his fossil compatriot after all, enjoying the right and privelege to play with the lesser beings. The snarl he wore previously grew more, the thought disgusting him. Pokemon like that shouldn't be allowed to live, but they were always the ones running the damn shows. There was no escape...

His head shot toward the fossil's agitated voice as he called his partner out, accusing the latter of sabotoge. While it was an odd detail, Reeves merely put the thought of insubordination away; he was likely to die in a few minutes anyhow, and that deserved more attention than the inner workings of a complicated relationship between the two birds. Still, even though he wished to simply drown out the noise between the two avians, his ears overheard Cray's dialogue. "They want to fight," Cray began, making Reeves tense. If he were to have to face his own death, he'd rather it be quick and to the point. A fight with the fossil was likely to just drag on the inevitable, forcing more pain on him than need be. Before he could open his mouth to protest, Cray then added, "For you."

That seemed to shock the entire group into silence, the braying ninetales and ghost from earlier falling quiet as well as he, Elidr and the fossil himself. What? WHAT?! What was he-- He paused as he thought over the words, mulling them over quickly. This... this was how he was helping them...

Oh... Legends...

“Oh really?” the old fossil asked, but Reeves was too overwhelmed to respond. This meant he was being drafted into the fossil's care. The fossil that reminded him so of his ever-loving father, that he likely couldn't escape. No. He was trapped. So inevitably trapped, that he would be as stuck with the monster until the day he died... which would probably be by his own hand. The only way out was death... He only managed a small turn to Elidr, wanting his fellow dragon's reaction. "You’ll need training – but it’s a possibility," the fossil continued. "You certainly have the mindset of warriors." He must have turned to the other unfortunate two, since his tone was much different. "You two, however, will need to work extra hard. No screaming, no crying, no music – no noise, got it?"

Again, Reeves was dumbstruck, unable to respond. However, he did manage a slight nod, letting the other know that he could at least hear his obnoxious voice through the shock. This was worse than being with the elderly couple. They were stupid, but at least they meant no harm. This was worse than his parents, for at least there was a buffer with his trainer or some chance at peace when his mother was sane. No... This was worse than anything he'd been through, any trial he'd overcome. His abusive parents weren't enough, his neglectful trainer wasn't enough, the world ending wasn't enough. No...

'I'm in Hell...'

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:02 pm

Hearthome City|Evening
    (22)

“They want to fight,” At the sudden suggestion for him to defend himself for his life Elidr couldn't help but hiss. There was no way he would win against such a brute, not if it was a matter of survival. What could he possibly be thinking? “For you,” Well now, that actually wasn't a bad ploy. Assuming of course it was just that and not actually conscripting them into some foreign service. If it was a decoy to get them time to run later then it would work....for now.

“You’ll need training – but it’s a possibility. You certainly have the mindset of warriors,” He was not happy with being told he wasn't good enough on his own and held himself higher on Reeves's back as his fellow dragon tried to gauge his response. Granted he wasn't evolved yet or even fully grown, he still had his pride as a hunter and survivor. He didn't last this long on his own just because he rolled over and the arrogant flying type had better realize it quickly. Though when he heard the assessment of the other two, the ghost and blubbering Ninetales who bore a striking similarity to the one he left behind in the other town, he had to agree. “They are rather simple, aren't they?”

He prayed that he and Reeves could get out of this mess that they had found their way into. But for now, all he could do was go along with the 'plan'.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:10 pm

Hearthome City/evening (9)
    As the beast came ever closer, Ullr’s fear threatened to consume her. She felt lightheaded as she backed away, her legs unstable and weak. She had fainted a few times before and knew what to watch for. Ullr silently prayed that the avian would turn its gaze away; therefore giving her a chance to calm herself. The terror seemed satisfied by her fear, causing a small spark of anger to flash through her heart.

“That’s better,” she heard the beast say before, thankfully, he turned from her. Ullr seized the moment and, holding a hand over her racing heart, started to calm herself. “You see, Cray? That’s respect! …Cray?” the lizard had turned its attention away from her, the words it spoke sticking more pins into her heart. She shakily sat down next to the ninetales, hoping for some kind of comfort but not expecting any. She dully watched the beast’s actions as it walked towards “Cray” and soon her heart beat was nearly back to normal. She started paying attention when four outrageous words we’re spoken by the metal bird.

“They want to fight,” he said... what and die? Ullr thought to herself. There was no way the two dragons could take on a beast of that level and age. Then he said something completely and utterly unbelievable “For you,” …what?! Ullr thought, the dragons are seriously going to fight for that brute? She heard the lizards comment on the two and wondered what would happen to her and the ninetales in the end. But the next words she heard forced her to steady herself against the ground with an outstretched arm.

“You two, however, “ …us, two?! Ullr thought frantically.
    “will need to work extra hard. No screaming, no crying, no music – no noise, got it?” This can’t be happening. she was at a loss for words. She was no warrior. The moves she knew we’re all for performances, not battle. On top of everything were the words that shocked her the most, echoing through her head. No music, no noise, which was like a death sentence for her. Music was her one of her only comforts these days and she didn’t want to lose it.

“Most of my life’s revolved around music… how can they just take that away?” Ullr spoke mostly to herself, reflecting on the beasts last words… Bella… Sarah… if only you we’re here to help me…
    Abysswalker
    Abysswalker
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Abysswalker Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:18 pm

Hearthome City | Evening (5)

“You two, however, will need to work extra hard. No screaming, no crying, no music – no noise, got it?”

Amadeus was speechless; he was getting drafted into the command of a psychotic Aerodactyl who seemed much too close to turning. He didn't have a say. He didn't have a choice. Neither did any of the others. There was a zombie apocalypse going on and THIS was what he and the Banette got for their troubles? His fear began to drain as his unstable mind began to clear for the first time in a long time. Amadeus refused to stand for this.

"So that's it, then? Now we're your slaves?" Amadeus growled, glaring at Thread. "I'm not fighting for you. I'm not dying for you. I won't do anything for you. I don't care if you kill me, not like any of us have a life anymore! We're all going to die eventually, and I'm not spending my last days with someone like you."

The Ninetales looked over at Ullr. She seemed honestly distressed over the thought of having to give up music; no doubt it was extremely important to her, considering that last reaction. "And that girl doesn't deserve this, to fight and maybe die for a stranger, to give up something that matters that much." Amadeus turned his glare back at Thread, anger replacing the fear. He didn't know why this girl he'd only met today mattered so much to him. He couldn't explain it.

"I've already seen a little girl lost. I'm rather die than see that again."

Jonah / Nocturne
    i open the door
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:13 am

Hearthome City || Evening[5]

“They are rather simple, aren't they?”

Whilst the response of the more promising duo had been mainly silent, Thread’s famous temper sparking behind narrowed eyes at being ‘ignored’, the Dratini’s quip quickly dissipated it. A wicked grin lighting the dragon’s face, the Aerodactyl gave a malicious chuckle in response, looking upon the Ninetales and Banette as if they were less than scum. The expression was surprisingly common; one of smug superiority, charity foreign to him as all manner of cruel thoughts trawled through his scheming mind.
    “You’re alright,” He grinned, revealing a set of bloodstained, razor-sharp fangs as he tore his accusatory gaze from the offending duo and back to the Dratini. Whilst he wasn’t one to accept sass from his followers, it was fairly amusing were it directed at the lesser-beings. There was a hierarchy within their lives too, meaningless but fairly interesting to observe. However, Thread’s joy was dramatically short-lived.

“Most of my life’s revolved around music… how can they just take that away?”

Cray, his tendency to shuffle out of Thread’s reach leaving him close to the ghost, heard her quiet muttering. Tilting his head, he couldn’t admit that her words meant nothing to him. His heart as steel as the body he boasted, the Skarmory had severed emotional connections to anyone years before, but despite his trying, the occasional one slipped past his net of indifference. Especially if that rare survivor was a pretty girl…
    “Don’t worry, darlin’,” The bird craned his neck, speaking quietly over the sorrowful creature’s shoulder. A weak smile met his tired features, his beak rusted with age. Fortunately, there was little time to elaborate on his plan, let alone reassuring the poor girl.

The Ninetales practically exploded.

Shit.

Thread met the fire-type’s glare with as equally a ferocious look, his temper rapidly reawakening at the canine’s immediate rebellion.
    “Slave is such an ugly word,” Thread muttered, but the creature was too riled up to permit the Aerodactyl to continue. Instead, the dragon’s expression progressively darkened as Amadeus went on. Admittedly, he hadn’t been expecting such a violent response from the creature that had been screaming not ten minutes earlier – had he known when to shut up, Thread might have even been impressed by the act. Unfortunately, he didn’t. The foolish mutt went on and on and on, speaking of the ridiculous idea of heroism, chivalry and glorious freedom. Thread gave a loud scoff, half-amused by the canine’s retaliation.

"And that girl doesn't deserve this, to fight and maybe die for a stranger, to give up something that matters that much. I've already seen a little girl lost. I'm rather die than see that again."

Cray shook his head when the Ninetales eventually silenced, dipping his head in expectance of the violent outburst that would follow. Fortunately, Thread was unusually calm. Maybe he was just that desperate to regain the authority of the past?
    “You know,” Thread started, waltzing forward, tail lashing dangerously behind him. “Not many people have the balls to talk to me like that. And I’m pretty impressed. But, you see, these ‘rebels’… they’re good for a laugh, but they seem to forget… I’m the boss,” Stood dangerously close to the fire-type’s face, fearless, Thread’s earlier smirk dropped, his features forming a formidable scowl. “Those who think it’s hilarious to defy me – you know what I do? I grab them by the throat, fly way up in the sky. They apologise, they grovel, but the damage is done. They made me look stupid. So, I just drop them. They fall, like a fucking rock – screaming…”

Thread’s smile was the epitome of malice, his eyes akin to fearsome slits as he snapped his attention away from the canine. Cray was shuffling uneasily on the spot, not wanting to watch one of the dragon’s infamous means of disposal, growing rigid as the Aerodactyl lumbered to his side. Thread caught the flicker of fear his colleague’s eye, his grin only widening.
    “Now, you’ve just got the wrong idea,” Thread finally continued, his voice a fraction kinder as he flexed his claws, bored. “This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Cray and I fight for a living – don’t you want to learn how to defend yourselves too? Your friends? Your women?” He gestured to the Banette. We can show you. All I ask is you follow my rules – not a bad offer, really… Unless you’d rather wait for the undead, of course. Although in that scenario, I’d rather have the privilege of disembowelling you myself,”

(( Wow, Thread’s quite the chatterbox, lol. Sorry for the long post. :B ))
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:29 am

Post 18

Hearthome City| Dusk

"They are rather simple, aren't they?"

While Reeves had been stricken to fear, it seemed Elidr had a different reaction. Bold, callous, arrogant even, he automatically sided on the fossil Thread's side. His words somewhat stunned Reeves, but he let them roll quickly. No, Elidr was not one for compassion. Quickly assessing that his fellow dragon was more of a practical mind than his own, he put himself at ease that this was likely a part of the charade in a bid to not get themselves killed. Still, it was a little unnerving how the little seemed to be so for the fossil's side. "You're all right," Thread commented, sealing their stance on his good side, then seemed to turn to the other two when the ninetales went off. At this rant, Reeves could only sigh in aggravation. If he'd eyes, he'd roll them.

He did not flinch when Thread began threatening the other two with aloof, lofty words, knowing the anger brewing beneath his calm facade. No, Reeves knew what he was doing. It seemed the fox had gotten him so pissed, he was merely amused. While Reeves really had no wish for the other two to die so quickly -as they would likely be the distraction that got he and Elidr away- he couldn't say he didn't think the ninetales deserved it. Mouthing off to a pokemon you knew could slaughter you in one hit, especially when you had the capability of seeing the havoc he'd wrought, well... that was just dumb. Did these pokemon not know tyranny? Authority, even? Did they now know when to shut their fucking mouths?

"Unruly git," he growled, his words pointed at the fox. "If you want to die, just fucking say so. Don't make us endure your bleeding heart speech. 'We're all in the same damn boat here, you stupid fox. No one pities you." He shook his fluffy black mane, wanting to rid himself of the vulpine's stupidity.

Thankfully, it seemed Thread had gotten into a relatively more decent mood. "Now, you’ve just got the wrong idea. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Cray and I fight for a living – don’t you want to learn how to defend yourselves too? Your friends? Your women? We can show you. All I ask is you follow my rules – not a bad offer, really… Unless you’d rather wait for the undead, of course. Although in that scenario, I’d rather have the privilege of disembowelling you myself."

Reeves knew how to fight. He knew his limits. He knew how to survive out there (and it wasn't in a fucking group, that was for sure) and avoid the Undead. But he knew the best way out of this mess was not to run, like he usually did, but be complacent. Docile. Obedient. While the very idea disgusted and enraged him to the very core, the emotion behind the rest of them was fear. Not of Thread or Cray, but of himself. Surely Thread planned to train them, to bulk them up. That meant leveling. That meant evolving... and he wasn't sure if he was ready to face that. If they were to escape, it needed to be soon.

Pushing the thought from his mind, the small deino took a sniff of the air around them, snorting after he'd gotten his information. Dusk was settling. "Sun's setting. We need to find a camp... er, sir..." That last word was strained, finding it difficult to refrain from saturating it with venom and disdain.

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:48 pm

((sorry, but skip me please. I'm going through a writers block XP))
    Abysswalker
    Abysswalker
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Abysswalker Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:48 pm

Hearthome City | Dusk (6)

Amadeus glared back at the Aerodactyl, his hatred of the beast waxing worse than ever before. But it was that stupid dinosaur that really made him furious. Did it really think it had the right to speak to someone any way it wanted? Did it think Amadeus was just going to take it lying down? If so, it had to be either really stupid or really arrogant. Most likely both, judging by its previous actions and words.

"I didn't ask for your pity," he growled, "I'd rather tear out my own heart."

However, Amadeus realized that things were about to turn for the worse, at least for him. The old fear was returning, somehow managing to overpower his screaming anger......these others, they were no doubt going to kill him for what he had done and said. Kill him, then tear him apart, devour him like the filthy zombies they were. Just like the last one-take Amadeus by surprise, then ruin him.

No! No, don't let go, not again- Amadeus' heartrate was becoming rapid again; it was a wonder he hadn't already had a heart attack. The Ninetales' previous anger and rebellious front was quickly deteriorating.

Gotta get away. Away from these people. Not going to be fooled twice, better safe than sorry.

Jonah / Nocturne
    i open the door
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:49 am

Hearthome City || Evening[6]

Thread had been pleasantly surprised at the sharp-tongued Deino offering his own scolding of the imbecilic Ninetales, nodding his head along at the creature’s bitter words. Oh, he had the mindset of a warrior all right. Unable to disguise the small, malicious grin that had set itself on his face, the Aerodactyl’s attention soon fell back to the offending fox, awaiting his fiery response.

"I didn't ask for your pity. I'd rather tear out my own heart."

The avian gave a snort of amusement, cold eyes on Amadeus as the fox’s resilience was slowly beginning to crumble. It was hard to detect, but small little signs of his deteriorating confidence gave Thread enough reason to think he had won. Smiling triumphantly, smug, he tossed a glance to Cray who simply clicked his beak tiredly in response.
    “Well, be my guest,” The Aerodactyl responded coldly, an inner curiosity begging to witness such a spectacle. If that feat were truly possible, it would be a most excellent means of torture kept for future reference. Eyes lingering on the fire-type a moment, the dragon eventually turned away as Reeves spoke.

"Sun's setting. We need to find a camp... er, sir..."

Sir… Thread took a deep inhale, pleased. How he’d missed that. Cray had grown slack with it months before, only quipping in the title out of sarcastic spite – it was nice to be considered undeniably superior once more.
    “You’re right,” He replied, significantly less spiteful than usual. It was surprising what one little word could do to quench such monstrous anger. Head snapping around to survey the standing buildings of the city, knowing there was little point on moving out of the area with night’s approach, the Aerodacyl’s attention latched onto the largest structure. “There. Looks roomy enough to serve our purpose. Come on,”

As Thread stalked towards his latest destination, convinced his newfound followers would remained obedient to his commands, Cray hung behind. The Skarmory was growing increasingly uncomfortable. Whilst a creature who had committed four innocent-enough strangers to a life of servitude or a gruesome death would typically feel shame, remorse, Cray was numb. He didn’t particularly care for his company – had no emotions for anyone, for that matter – the aged avian was beginning to feel the familiar pang of foreboding. This wasn’t going to turn out well. Eyes on the Ninetales who seemed to have lost his immediate rebellion, Cray flashed a sympathetic smile.
    “Welcome to the family,” He sighed, ruffling his creaky feathers before hopping along after his boss.
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:08 am

Post 19

Hearthome City| Dusk

Reeves couldn't help the small sigh of relief when his observation was met with a simple acknowledgement, the aerodactyl taking in the information without malice. Good, he'd somehow managed to avoid pissing the volitile fossil off. "There. Looks roomy enough to serve our purpose. Come on," he stated, beginning to lead the way to this apparent safehouse. While Reeves had no idea what this place looked like or where "there" was, it was all he could do to simply follow.

He fell in line, directly behind Thread, his short legs needing multiple strides to keep up with the fossil's one. He felt like a puppy, a slave doomed to a life of indentured servitude at this madman's claws... and he gave no resistance to it. It was almost like betraying himself, his own dogma and vows. But... it as either this, to live and wait for a sure way out, or resist and plea for a sure way to death. Once again, his brooding led him to the conclusion that it was either this or his own untimely demise... and though the ninetales seemed to have enough courage an stupidity to spout off his own macabre intentions, Reeves was set on the opposite. He knew the best possibility for getting out of this with the least amount of scars was to simply play along... even if he despised his company, with the exception of his fellow dragon.

A rumble sounded in his stomach, reminding him that the last time he'd eaten was well into yesterday; the only thing he'd consumed today was the bit of water during the brief reprieve of the day. He cleared his throat, pondering on testing Thread's patience more. If he was going to train them, surely he'd think of rations or some other source of food to keep them going... He already seemed more amiable than his father. "...Sir..." he began, not liking the slight waver in his voice, the catch occurring from the struggle to contain his hate. This sort of pokemon wouldn't allow for weakness. He cleared his throat once more and presented a stronger tone, one that was, while confident, submissive and nuetral. "Sir, what of food? Or is that off the list for tonight?" He listened for any changes in the fossil's gait or scent, on the alert for any sign that could mean a reprimand.

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:29 pm

Hearthome City/dusk (10)
    No matter what she thought to convince herself, Ullr simply couldn’t believe that coming out of Mt. Coronet was for the best now. Before, she was safe, she had water, she knew where she could find food, but still left in search of anyone who could help her, anyone she could speak too. But now was stuck facing enslavement.
    She had been silently listening to the conversation going on around her, subconsciously hugging her ocarina to her heart when the ninetales spoke again.
    "I didn't ask for your pity, I'd rather tear out my own heart."
    Seeing that the fossil seemed intrigued by the ninetales words made her heart sink further. These avians were truly heartless. She continued to listen silently as the upsetting dragon from before mentioned shelter to the fossil.
    So much has happened, Ullr thought as she looked at the sky above her, noticing the sinking sun and the red rimmed clouds through the trees. I didn’t even realize how late it was getting…
    “There. Looks roomy enough to serve our purpose. Come on,”
    Ullr looked towards the building that the lizard had motioned to and couldn’t help but to think of the little crevice that she had lived in before… such a big place didn’t seem as safe to her, and as she fell in line near the back of the group, she felt a deep sense of foreboding towards the building. In her mind, it just couldn’t be safe.
    As she walked, a light, throbbing pain started in the back of her skull, A reminder that she hadn’t eaten all day.
    "Sir, what of food? Or is that off the list for tonight?"
    The deino had spoken her exact thoughts. Surely they would eat soon, doesn’t an army march on its stomach?
    Abysswalker
    Abysswalker
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Abysswalker Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:11 pm

(Skip me please. I have no idea what to put now. >.<)

Jonah / Nocturne
    i open the door
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:53 am

Super Contest Hall || Dusk [7]

Nearing his destination, Thread was only slightly annoyed that the grand building before them was dedicated to pokémon contests, rather than battle. Snorting, disgusted at the pathetic lifestyle of co-ordinators, the Aerodactyl traced a single claw along the stone marking the Super Contest Hall as he awaited the others to catch up. Fortunately, they all did. By the time they had graced his presence, a thin line ran through the letters on the line, the dragon flicking his claw free of the dust that had built up. This was no longer a contest hall – this was a training grounds.

"...Sir... Sir, what of food? Or is that off the list for tonight?"

The fossilized creature pondered the question a moment, looking down at the blind creature with his typical stare of superiority. Exchanging a look with Cray who remained detached as ever, the steel avian preening his rusting feathers for the sake of it, Thread decided perhaps it would be better to give the group incentive to stay.
    “Alright,” He announced finally, addressing his new followers. “Cray, go find some food,” The Skarmory stared at him indignantly, loathing plastered on his sharp features. For a moment, he considered returning to his feathers but thought that an opportunity of rebellion was just what Thread wanted. No doubt, the Aerodactyl wanted a moment to instil fear into his group by beating the shit out of his aging colleague. Grumbling, Cray reluctantly turned away.
    “Yes, Boss,” Sarcasm laced his words, but Thread had come to learn it was the best he’d get from Cray these days. Damn bird didn’t know the meaning of respect. Watching the avian take off, skilled but lacking the grace of youth, the Aerodactyl’s attention returned to his company.
    “Don’t want you running off, do I?” He grinned. “But you can’t go hungry. Got a busy day tomorrow, after all. Come on,”

With that, Thread nudged the unhinged doors open, slipping within the vast structure silently as he went about analyzing the place. Given its size, the place was remarkably stable. A few holes were visible in the domed ceiling, tables and chairs slew mindlessly about the place whilst blood was smeared aesthetically across the walls. From the location of the furniture, confined mainly beside the door, the fossil could only presume something had tried and failed to barricade the place. That wasn’t necessary now – nothing would threaten Thread’s survival.
    “Scout the building,” He ordered, spotting no immediate threats in the entrance room. However, this was a big place. The small contest rooms were probably littered with past inhabitants, perhaps even a couple of undead tenants asking for an abrupt removal. “The halls might need ‘cleaning’,”

Cray, in particularly sour spirits, flew lazily in search of food. He knew Thread was expecting meat – a wandering survivor to feast on, unless he lost his temper with one of the new recruits in the meantime. Although a difficult task, the Skarmory remained bleakly optimistic. Surely some lost child, a pathetic Rattata was stumbling blindly about the city to give his colleague some short-lived satisfaction.
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:33 am

Post 20

Hearthome City| Dusk

Reeves let out a breath he wasn't aware he'd been holding as his other suggestion was indeed heard and taken into account, the fossil ordering Squeaky to go out and find food. "Don’t want you running off, do I?" Thread replied, a grin tainting his voice. "But you can’t go hungry. Got a busy day tomorrow, after all. Come on." Thankful that the fossil's legendary fury had been averted once more, he followed until the footsteps in front of him came to a stop, the small blind dragon aware that he was now standing before a large, mostly vacant space. The air tasted stale and too close, a telltale sign of a building in dire need of airing out.

"Scout the building," was Thread's curt command, Reeves gathering that it was likely meant for them all. "The halls might need 'cleaning'." Of course. There were likely undead still scouring the halls for a meal that wasn't there, and they would get to meet them head on. With the coolness of the air, he could figure that most of it was in the dark, his preferred choice of settings. At least he had some sort of advantage now. He tottered forward along the wall, Elidr still on his back, chirping lightly to keep his bearings. He paused in a far corner, for his fellow dragon dismount.

"I suggest we stick together," Reeves muttered as he waited for the other dragon's decision. "...but I understand if you want to split ways. We should find alternative exits to this place. How well can you see what's around us?"

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:15 am

Hearthome City|Dusk
    (23)

Elidr listened carefully as his Deino companion negotiated their situation, not willing to risk the large rock avian's seemingly good mood despite wanting to just shoot a Dragon Rage into his face. Reeves seemed a little tense, judging from the way his muscles kept tightening and twitching beneath the serpent's scales, but his methods seemed to have worked. “Scout the building. The halls might need ‘cleaning’.” Nodding his head he allowed Reeves to begin to move along, hearing the small chirping sounds coming from his companion as he tried to 'see'.

"I suggest we stick together...but I understand if you want to split ways. We should find alternative exits to this place." Elidr tightened his grip around Reeves before dropping down, letting the Deino know he had no intention of leaving. "In this mess of crazy we seem to have found ourselves in I think with you is the best place for both of us." As they moved along it seemed to get a little more difficult for the Deino, so Elidr took up beside him to try and give his fellow dragon some help. "How well can you see what's around us?"

Peering through the darkness Elidr could make out broken furniture and several makeshift beds. At one point it seemed that several of the humans used this as a shelter. Fools didn't know the first thing about defending themselves. As he looked around he did notice some scurrying between the toppled tables and chairs and tensed, coiling into a striking position. "I can see something moving in the shadows. Keep your guard up." He didn't want anything getting them now that they had finally seemed to have settled together, so whatever this thing turned out to be was going to get a good smack down.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:13 pm

Hearthome City/dusk (11)
    ullr remembered the contest hall from when she was younger. the memory's of the grand place danced through her mind. the performances she saw, the cheering crowd around her, the delighted faces of the people and pokemon there. she had always wanted to be a part of the contests, but at the time she didn't get along with her trainer. for years she dreamed that she could come back, that she could be on the stage with her trainer. but now she was dead, and ullr was in a nightmare.
    as the metal bird flew off in search of food, she could only pray that he would bring back something other than meat. even when she lived with her parents they never touched the stuff, instead they lived off of what edible plants they could find around the abandoned house they called home. when the lizard opened the door to the contest hall, ullrs heart sank. the scene before her was like a sick, twisted, distorted version of the happy memory's she held dear.
    “Scout the building,”
    the command turned her sorrow into fear. she didn't want to see anymore of this horrible place. ullr watched the two dragons head down one of the hallways and started to fearfully take half-steps towards another. anything could be there, and ullr feared the worst.
    if something comes i can still run... right?
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:25 pm

(( I was given permission for Thread to kill Amadeus as a Harb Attack. Skipping Cray this round too. ))

Hearthome City || Evening [8][7]

Nothing could surpass that delightfully warm, fuzzy feeling of control and perfect order. Thread, smiling smugly, let his eyes roam across the room and his loyal followers. The dragons seemed to have formed some sort of pact, an alliance as they followed orders as a grouchy, but essentially weak duo. Making a mental note to obliterate such a friendship, the Aerodactyl’s intense gaze followed them until they disappeared down the hallway. The ghost was obeying too, fearfully scouting out another direction.

Just like clockwork.

His satisfied grin, however, soon dulled at notice of the Ninetale’s absence. When everyone had agreed to commit to his reasonable rules, his generous offer of food, strength and safety in return for a loyal band of his own personal warriors, the fox had cursed him. Nostrils flaring, the ancient avian convinced that insolent pups like that never changed, was soon too distracted by the fire-type’s bleeding heart to enforce the behaviour of his troops. He could leave them for a minute, surely. Cray would be back soon, luring them with sustenance. Thread thought a few minutes absence to teach that unruly mutt a few lessons wouldn’t hurt anyone… Well, anyone on his good side, at least.

Slipping silently out of the contest hall, confident in the grip he held over his new recruits, the Aerodactyl found the retreating fire-type in an instant. A slick grin playing on his hardened features, the fossil glided forward, claws outstretched as he neared the unsuspecting fox. The deadly talons sliced the flesh of the canine’s back like butter. The Ninetales gave a pained shriek of surprise as Thread’s weight forced him face-first into the dirt. Stood atop the struggling canine, blood oozing freely from the deep gashes that had formed on impact, the Aerodactyl gave a callous laugh. Lowering his face to the canine’s ear, Thread’s grin was cruel.
    “Remember that story I told you?” He hissed, the excitement tingeing the concealed threat. Amadeus gave a startled cry, unintelligible as the attacker’s claws sunk deep into the canine’s fragile body, preparing for lift off. “Let’s see if foxes can fly,”

Powerful beats of his sharp wings soon propelled the dragon into the air, his screaming prey thrashing wildly as Thread relished in the terror. It was addictive, a sinister smile planted firmly on his face as the altitude grew. Satisfied with the merciless silence that the skies provided, the Aerodactyl hovered above the contest hall, the Ninetales limp at the realization that nothing could save him. He was begging, sobbing for mercy as Thread periodically tightened and loosened his grip. Sighing, almost saddened knowing his pleasure was at its end, the Aerodactyl took a quick survey of the environment before letting go.

Amadeus plummeted.

Laughing at the horrific scream that grew faint under the effects of merciless gravity, Thread slowly followed the Ninetales. The canine smashed through a delicate area of roof, its cry ending abruptly as the subsequent dull thud alerted the descending avian that this fox couldn’t fly.
    “Such a shame,” Thread mused aloud, drifting leisurely through the hole the canine had created on his drop to find the lifeless body occupying the same room as Reeves and Elidr. The forceful impact left the canine’s bones protruding from bloody openings, its skull cracked open as blood and brain matter curdled to create the pungent stench of death.

With a tut, Thread dropped lightly to the ground, flexing his wings whilst his eyes roamed the misshapen creature who’d been unwise enough to stand up to him. It was a shame to lose a potential comrade, but these rebellious sorts never did learn. This brutal end was inevitable. But as Thread turned his attention to the two dragons sharing the room, he feigned a sympathetic smile.
    “Best skip this room. Waste belongs here,” Gesturing to the way the pair entered, Thread made no attempt to hide the malicious grin that broke its constraints to surface as the epitome of evil.
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:37 pm

Post 21

Hearthome City| Dusk

"In this mess of crazy we seem to have found ourselves in I think with you is the best place for both of us."

Reeves sighed in relief, grateful that his fellow dragon would be keeping his company after all. They were truly of a similar mind, and that was rare in this new, terrible world. Those like the elder couple and Thread... those were more of the type Reeves figured populated this region now. He nodded at Elidr's mention of something in the shadows, but only smelled death and decay. He wasn't sure just what was in those shadows, but a distant cry sounded, earning his attention. It was coming from... above?

Soon, the odd observation was confirmed when a terrible crash interrupted the scream, what could only be the roof caving in from the force of something hitting it. There was no screaming now, only the stench of blood. A quick sniff unveiled the mystery victim to be the ninetales from earlier, and before Reeves could question just how a ninetales could hit the roof at such velocity his silent query was answered. Thread's wing beats, lazy and casual, filtered down to what Reeves could only guess was the wreckage and carnage below.

"Such a shame," Thread's voice mused from the same direction as the blood, his voice filled with nothing but pleasure. This... Reeves knew full well that this was a dangerous pokemon, but this... He'd have to keep his sharp tongue leashed. Otherwise, he'd end up like the ninetales. “Best skip this room. Waste belongs here," he snarked, making his way up and out of he and Elidr's presence. Reeves only gave a sharp nod, scuttling out to the next room, Elidr surely on his heels.

Once he was sure they were alone, Reeves turned back to Elidr. "...Guess we won't have to hear any more of his bellyaching," Reeves grumbled, just as something shifted in the distance. Teeth immediately bared in a feral hiss, his nose worked to discern what was stalking them. Ghost. Dark. He only knew of one pokemon like that, and the strange, choked giggling sealed it for him.

"Sableye!"

Last edited by Silverishness on Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:07 am

Hearthome City|Dusk
    (24)

Elidr watched in morbid fascination as the murderous Aero took care of the whining Ninetales from before. While he had to admit he wasn't exactly fond of that level of violence, seeing it unnecesary if one was only seeking to kill an opponent, he wasn't going to say he would miss the guy. But it did mean he would have to be more careful about what he said around the great big brute from now on. “Best skip this room. Waste belongs here,” Waste indeed...

"Sableye!"

The Dratini's brief distraction from the lurking shadow proved to be a mistake, as Reeves called out a being that could easily spell their doom. Sableye were sadistic by nature but if one added in infection, they were damn near devil incarnate. "Reeves! To the left!" Calling out the warning to Reeves Elidr dove to the side just as the bastard lunged for them, turning quickly on it with a Dragon Rage. The one bad thing about ghosts? His better attacks didn't freaking hit it. He was stuck with Dragon Rage or Twister for this fight which meant this was going to suck.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:22 pm

Hearthome City/dusk (12)
    Ullr continued to walk down the dark hallway, her bell tinkling softly as she walked. What if I find something? What if I can’t get away? What if- her thoughts were interrupted by a sudden screaming that erupted from the sky, and as the screams echoed through the hallway she froze, horrified. After a while she started to walk again, her bell ringing loudly because of how shaky she was from fear. Just keep walking Ullr… you can run, remember. You’ll be fine… she repeated those words to herself as she stumbled along, unaware that her bell was attracting the attention of a dormant undead lying in the hallway ahead of her. The figure of a buisel, decaying and rotten, rose from a pile of trash and looked around it slowly before spotting her. A sound, more of a gurgle than a growl came from its throat as it swiftly made its way closer. The front part of its rotting face was nearly stripped of skin, and its teeth showed like a horrific smile. Ullr, surprised, let out a startled scream as she turned and ran, her stubby legs keeping her just out of reach from the pursuing buisel.
    ((sorry tis lame. am havin trouble getting rid of writers block >.<))
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:04 am

Hearthome City || Dusk [9][8]

Thread was pleased with the silent reaction he earned from the dragon pair, his grin of superiority unwavering as he strolled ahead of the pair. He caught muffled words on his exit, but they seemed to have got the message. Thread was in charge here. Held high, the Aerodactyl looked over his slim shoulder to ensure that his loyal subjects were following, only to find them distracted. Frowning, the smug smile vanishing at the first flicker of disobedience, the fossil prepared a most venomous speech until movement held his tongue. A struggle accompanied by the Deino’s cry.

"Sableye!"

Straining to see through the gloom of the Ninetale’s resting place, Thread made out the darting figures of the ghostly creatures. Nostrils flaring, the dragon had expected something a little meatier than a couple of wide-eyed creeps. Still, the duo were battling. Curious to assess the strengths of the unlikely pair, Thread wandered forward. He had no real intention of fighting, destined to play the role of spectator as he loitered silently in the doorway.

---

Cray, his attempts at securing food mainly unsuccessful save a claw-full of berries, had been distracted by a terrible screaming. He’d watched in melancholy silence at Thread’s disposal of the Ninetales, that familiar technique of his still as brutal as ever. Still, the steel-type was numb. It was a shame, of course, but life went on. Sighing, not wanting to face his boss without any meat, the Skarmory took a leisurely lap of the city’s proximity, deserted as expected, before heading back to the contest hall, defeated.

Nudging through the entrance, landing awkwardly as usual, the lobby remained empty.
    “Hello?” Scanning the room and dropping the berries near the room’s centre, Cray tiptoed about the building, the scraping of metal echoing with each footfall. But the noise was quickly silenced, the racket put to shame at shouting and screaming. The noise exploding all at once to leave the avian jumping shock, the bird quickly found that they came from two distinct directions. Of course, the female’s cry was the one to pique his interest.

Moving as quickly as his aging joints would permit, Cray half hopped, half glided, after the ghost’s scream. Rounding a corner, he soon spotted the familiar creature sprinting up the corridor – an undead hot on her heels. Pushing himself into the air with a huff from the effort, the Skarmory’s wings began to glow in preparation for a Steel Wing attack.
    “Keep running!” He called down to the ghost, not wanting to harm the only female he’d seen in months. Holding off his attack, allowing the power to build, Cray waited until the Banette was at a safe distance before swooping down, aiming for the Buizel’s throat.
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:39 pm

Post 22

Hearthome City| Evening

"Reeves! To the left!"

Reeves was quick to respond to his name, darting quickly to the said direction when he felt air rush over his right side, barely dodging an attack. Taking a moment to listen and smell, snarling against his unseen foes, he quickly determined that there were multiples of the blasted beasts. "There are four!" he called back to Elidr and quickly went to work, hoping he was a high enough level to make quick work of these cretins. Two for him, and two for his fellow dragon. Seemed simple enough.

He charged forward, speeding toward one and firing a Dark Pulse at it, hitting what he thought to be its face. He heard the imp fly back, giggling as it was flung away by his attack. Feeling cold, sharp claws on his back, he quickly snapped his head around and caught its arm, clamping down with a vicious Bite, then threw it the same direction the other had gone, blasting another Dark Pulse at the two that lingered in the distance before him. Clamoring over debris, he got his back to a wall, omitting one weakness as he waited for his ever-eager opponents to strike again.

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:44 am