Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the outbreak.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Catalyst. The Banner was made by Lady Silverfishes. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

(ELITE) The SINJOH Team

Azelf
Administrator
Administrator

Re: (ELITE) The SINJOH Team

Post by Azelf on Sat May 23, 2015 6:41 pm

Alph Ruins - Undergound || ??? || 24

The sound of footsteps make the Legend jolt, Azelf flattening himself against the wall as they pound closer, echoing off the corridor walls.  He bares his teeth, fear surging through him in waves.  The terror is crushing, squeezing his ability to breathe from his lungs.

Please don't be hostile.  Please don't be hostile.  Teleporting in this state will make him sick.  He really does not want to have to.

Feet appear, black paws, and he grabs his backpack and hugs it to his chest with one arm, the other hand holding the scarf against his side as he tucks himself further against the wall beneath the aclove, emitting a growl that fades into a whine as pain stabs through his side.  The feet suddenly stagger back, and Azelf begins to ready a teleport, the illusion showing his horn beginning to glow.

Just go away.  Don't touch me, don't talk to me, just go away.  Please go away.

For a few minutes he cowers against the wall, readying himself to fight back if need be while waiting to charge his teleport.

But before he can leave, a familiar voice, a familiar noise.  And from his spot under the aclove, a small white body, a face he recognizes, pinched with fright.  His heart almost stops.

"... P-Prince...?"

The little fairy jumps and turns to stare, and as pink eyes lock with gold ones, Azelf feels a tidal wave of joy wash over him.

"PRINCE!"  He shoves the backpack off of himself, dropping the scarf, casting off his illusion and shooting out from under the aclove.  Within seconds he has Prince in a firm hug, scooping the fairy up into his arms with a laugh as he floats further up into the air.  Oh Father, he's almost dizzy with joy; when was the last time he even laughed like this?

Reality brings him crashing down seconds later, almost literally.  The pain from his side hits him like a sledgehammer and he gasps, his floating pattern wrecked as he drops about a foot; catching himself, he lowers himself and Prince to the floor, setting his friend down with a wince.  The boy looks as if his world has just turned upside down, his eyes large and almost glassy.  Even so, he seems to be aware enough to recognize the wound on Azelf's side for what it is, and he gapes in horror.

"I-I'm fine.  I'll be fine."  He manages to stand and reorient himself, dispelling the teleport he was readying to allow himself more energy for floating, bobbing back up into the air.  Aware that he has an audience, he glances back over at them, lowering back down a little to put a hand on Prince's shoulder, eyes wary.

Prince he trusts.  Them, he does not.

Not yet.

"Who are you?"

(In the event someone picked Prince up to carry him, I'll edit Prince's post to include him speaking to someone so that Azelf reacted to his voice, not the sight of him, and that he scooped Prince from the arms of whoever carried him.)

Ψ Warnings Manager Ψ

Es gibt nichts schlimmeres als die unwissenheit in aktion.
Cynthia
Resistance
Resistance

Post by Cynthia on Tue May 26, 2015 8:33 am

Ruins of Alph (Underground Chambers) || Time Unknown
(11)

"Yes. This way." Khan dashed off down the corridor, and Cynthia gathered herself quickly to follow him. The last thing she wanted was to lose him in the darkness. As she started forward she scooped little Prince up off the ground, puzzled as to where the small hound had gotten to.

She followed Khan a good way down the stone halls until the Lucario skid to a halt just beside a small hole in the wall. "Is it in there?" Cynthia slowly bent down, lowering Prince back to the ground as she did so. She craned and squinted for a sign of the creature in its hiding place, seeing only a soft glow from something on its head. Cynthia focused her sight on the Pokemon's outline; was it another Ralts?

But then, the creature spoke. "... P-Prince...?" Cynthia blinked, glancing down at the Ralts at her side. Did they know each other? Was this new Ralts a friend or member of his family? "PRINCE!"

What shot like a bullet out of the alcove and smothered Prince in hugs was certainly not a Ralts.

Cynthia's breath caught in her chest as she instantly recognised the creature. Pages turned in her head, images she'd seen and words she'd read springing out at her. Being of Willpower, one of the Lake Trio, son of Arceus-- oh my--

She was floored; absolutely stunned at what she was seeing. Her heart raced in her chest, an excitement so very real welling up within her. She stared at the pixie and at Prince as they span around in the air, hugging each other in delight. But then the small legend gasped and lowered himself back down to the ground, and it was then that Cynthia noticed the nasty looking wound on his side.

"I-I'm fine.  I'll be fine," he reassured Prince, who had also noticed. Small golden eyes then turned to her, to Khan, to the rest of them. They scanned them carefully, caution evident in his body language. All the while, Cynthia simply gaped at him like a fool. "Who are you?"

"I-I--um..." It took her a moment to even manage to speak, and even then she couldn't get her words out. One of Arceus's children? Here? This was no coincidence. "I-I'm Cynthia. And you..." Finally letting her shock dissipate, joy and an excitement only a child could feel warmed her features, and she smiled. "You're Azelf, aren't you?"

Last edited by Cynthia on Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Nightfall
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Nightfall on Sun May 31, 2015 6:25 am

Ruins of Alph (Underground Chambers)/??? (94)

This was no Ralts. Absolutely not. A Ralts's aura was nothing like this, nor was any other 'normal' Pokemon's. It rippled from it in great, azure waves, and Khan practically felt its vibrations hum through his body. His sensors where going berserk on the back of his head, buzzing madly as they tried to maintain themselves under the powerful aura that was overwhelming them. Khan had felt an aura like this before.

Mew. But ... no. Mew's aura had been pink, not blue.

It wasn't until Cynthia and the others caught up that the creature stirred a little in its hiding place. Bright eyes looked out at them and latched onto Prince. "... P-Prince...?" Khan blinked in surprise; did they know one another? "PRINCE!" The creature zoomed out of the alcove and smothered the Ralts in delighted hugs. All the while, Khan simply stared at the Pokemon now that its true form had been revealed.

It was a legend.

He had seen it before, countless times in the books that Eva used to have. Three pixies that lived deep within three lakes. The lakes of Sinnoh. Was this ... was this Uxie? Was this the legend that his childhood self had ventured out looking for? Lake Acuity had only been a short walk from where he and his parents had lived ... he'd seen images of all three of the lake guardians, but couldn't remember them by name. Uxie was the blue one, right? Or was it yellow...? The only one he'd remembered the name of was the pink one, Mesprit.

Cynthia was just as surprised as he was, it seemed. She watched the reunion with fascination. Khan did not doubt that she knew that they were basking in the presence of a legend as well, judging by her reaction. He knew - hoped - that she would be able to answer his questions.

"Who are you?"
"I-I--um...I-I'm Cynthia. And you...You're Azelf, aren't you?"

"Azelf." So Uxie was the yellow one. He got it now. Khan ... didn't know how he felt at that moment. All sorts of electrifying emotions were welling up inside of him - excitement, joy, caution, wonder ... one of Arceus's children was here. What does that mean?

Regardless of how he was feeling, Khan reminded himself that he was in the presence of a legend; one of the gods of the Earth. "Khan," he answered the pixies question before placing a hand up to his chest and kneeling down on one leg. "It's an honour, Azelf."
Starbits
Elite
Elite

Post by Starbits on Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:41 am

Alph Ruins - Undergound | ??? | 23

He's not running long before the lady pauses to scoop him up in her arms.  Shocked that she bothered, Prince barely manages to squeak out a "Th-thank you!"

Once at their destination she set him on the floor.  Large gold eyes peeked out at him from beneath the aclove and his stomach turned at the scent of blood.  So you ARE injured...

Those eyes are... They're familiar...  His heart begins to thump.

I know those eyes.  Those big gold eyes; they haunt his dreams.

"... P-Prince...?"

His mouth drops open.  That voice...  It can't be, right?

"PRINCE!"

The thing comes shooting out from under the aclove and tackles him, laughing with delight as the pixie Prince loves scoops him into his arms and twirls him around in the air.

It hits like a bag of bricks.  There's no time for thoughts and within seconds he is in tears.  The sheer joy from Azelf and his own euphoria mix with a blend of other emotions and leave the fairy incapable of speech.

And then Azelf dips downwards and he sees the wound.

"I-I'm fine.  I'll be fine."  It's not a good enough reassurance as he sets the fairy down, the Ralts staring in horror at the injury.  Azelf moves to float behind him, his hands on the dazed fairy's shoulders. staring at the human and Lucario in front of him.  "Who are you?"

Prince can taste his anxiety and fear and wilts, reaching back with one hand to lay it over Azelf's.

"I-I--um...". The lady takes a moment to compose herself.  "I-I'm Cynthia. And you... You're Azelf, aren't you? "  Her face splits into a wide grin, childish glee lighting up her features, and the rush of joy and excitement soothe Azelf's anxiety slightly... and with it, Prince's.

Cynthia.  So that's her name.  It's pretty.  Very fitting.

The Lucario recovers from the dazed state of shock he'd settled into upon the not-so-graceful reveal with his introduction.  "Khan." To Prince's horror Khan kneels to Azelf like a knight to a king, and the little legend flinches.  "It's an honour, Azelf."

"Don't do that; he doesn't like being bowed to," Prince mumbles.  Khan meant no harm but the feelings of shame and discomfort from his dearest friend were like barbs in his brain.  Azelf should never feel that way.

i'll take you back where you belong
and this'll be our favorite song

❤️

||profile||desktop||Admin Azelf||starbits shop||trainersona||
♋️14 Badges♋️
little fairy

Azelf
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Azelf on Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:14 am

Alph Ruins - Undergound || ??? || 25

A human.

She is radiant, young and pretty with long blonde hair.  Her eyes are lit up with childish glee.

"I-I'm Cynthia. And you... You're Azelf, aren't you?"  

For a moment he does not remember his own name.  A human?  Here?  Alive?  And she looks so... healthy.  Vibrant and full of life, nothing at all like what he would expect a victim of this worldwide pandemic to look like.  How in Father's name...?

"Khan."  Azelf's eyes widen as the Lucario redirects his attention by kneeling before him, one hand over his heart. "It's an honour, Azelf."

"I... um..."  What to say, what to say.  Oh Father this never gets any easier...

"Don't do that; he doesn't like being bowed to."  The boy's voice is a mumble, nothing with much spine to it, but the words themselves are clear enough.  Azelf lets out a breath.

"Thank you, Prince."  He clears his throat.  "He's right; no bowing will be necessary.  I appreciate the show of respect though, and it is likewise an honor to meet you, Khan."  He dips his head at the canine, then turns to Cynthia.  

I do not trust you.  Not yet.  Humans, humans, how does he even begin to figure them out.  They are always the kindest creatures on earth or demons spawned from his blackest nightmares.

Vincent.  His throat tightens at the thought of him.  The one human he knows on a personal level...

I owe her the benefit of the doubt for his sake.  Something about the shape of her face is familiar.  He cannot place it, but it further calms his pounding heart.  I won't trust you... but I will remain neutral.  Maybe he'll be pleasantly surprised by her.

"It's... a pleasure to meet you as well, Cynthia."  He stares at the Lucario and the Ralts, horror growing in the pit of his stomach.  "Father above, you're far too thin."  Letting go of Prince, he floats over and snatches his bag out from under the aclove, tossing it down and landing on the floor to root through it.  "I have no healing berries, but I do have food.  Come here, please..." He beckons to Prince, who obeys, and is rewarded with a large fat Pecha berry being shoved into his hands.  "I have plenty; please come and eat.  Pecha, Lum, and Leppa is all I have though, I am afraid.  No other varieties."  He pulls out a small armload of the berries and lays them on the backpack, gesturing for Khan and Prince to eat their fill as he floats back up into the air.  "While you eat... I'd like to know why you are here."

Are they trying to contact Father, too?  Why else would they be here?

(HE FINALLY FUCKING BADGED SOMEONE HOLD ME.)

Ψ Warnings Manager Ψ

Cynthia
Resistance
Resistance

Post by Cynthia on Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:31 pm

(12)

Judging by the fact that he had not corrected, it seemed that she was right. Azelf, the Willpower Pokemon, was in their presence. Cynthia was overwhelmed with emotion; this was almost too fitting to be true.

Khan appeared to be in awe of the little legend as well, dropping onto one knee and bowing. "Khan. It's an honour, Azelf." Cynthia couldn't help but smile at his reaction; ever the nobleman.

"Don't do that; he doesn't like being bowed to."
"Thank you, Prince. He's right; no bowing will be necessary.  I appreciate the show of respect though, and it is likewise an honor to meet you, Khan."

How modest he was! Cynthia hadn't expected any of the legends to behave like that. Even she would admit that if she held such power that some of these Pokemon had, she'd have had trouble keeping her own pride at bay. She wanted to delve into Azelf's mind; wade through his memories; examine his emotions; read his thoughts. She wanted to know everything that there ever was to know about him. No amount of books she read would ever fully cover the power and mystery that was a legendary Pokemon, and that fact had always saddened her.

She blinked back into reality when she noticed Azelf looking straight at her, his golden eyes narrowed slightly as he examined her. Her hand had apparently developed a mind of its own as it reached into her bag and started to pull out a book.

"It's... a pleasure to meet you as well, Cynthia. Father above, you're far too thin." Cynthia blinked, momentarily surprised. Was he talking to her? Her hand ran down the length of her torso; true, she didn't eat too much these days but she didn't consider herself too thin--

Oh. Of course he wasn't talking to her, but to Prince. Cynthia blushed and let her hand fall back at her side while the other almost finished pulling out the book. She'd have to weigh herself once she got back to HQ. But when she saw Azelf pulling out his little bag and offering out berries to everyone, her heart wanted to burst with sympathy. Here he was, tired and injured, handing out his food to the others.

Now is not the time, she scolded herself as she put the book back into the bag. She knelt down in front of the legend, her hand still rummaging until it pulled out a half-empty Hyper Potion. "It looks as though you could do with some help as well, dear," she said gently, placing the pink spray bottle onto the floor. "I can help treat that wound of yours, if you'll let me. It isn't a full bottle, but it should be enough to keep away any infection or further bleeding."

Last edited by Cynthia on Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Silverishness
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Silverishness on Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:23 pm

Post 55

Ruins of Alph (Underground)|| Unknown

Famaer had stayed quiet out of shock as they stumbled across a Legendary. Not just any Legend -oh, no- a Psychic. The way it levitated and its strange gem in its forehead, it could only be one type. The almost gentle, sweet scent of a Psychic was all that filled the corridor, and it choked Famaer. He watched in muted distaste and horror as each of his traveling companions in turn greeted and welcomed it into their ranks, their safety while the old glaceon resisted the urge to either vomit or attack.

Suddenly, it seemed that the small psychic and the legend knew each other-- typical. He should have known. Some sort of elaborate trap, then? The weaker one leads the hapless followers to its stronger brethren in a close hallway, and either side takes a way out. Trapped. The thought sent his slate fur on edge and a low growl slinking through his chest. But the others were far too focused on the happy reunion and the new threat to notice his own discomfort. He didn't hold it against them: this Legend and its familiar likely already had them under some sort of spell.

"While you eat... I'd like to know why you are here." Famaer made an audible snort, his lip curling lightly as the growl grew only slightly in volume. Not to fall into your pitiful trap, you disgusting, slithering snake, he spat with his mind at the Legend, his hate feeding into his thoughts. He knew some Psychics could pick up his thoughts if he simply tried hard enough -it was how he'd trapped and killed a Drowzee years ago- and this being a Legend, well... Famaer would be disappointed if it didn't hear him. Make one wrong move and I rip your lying tongue from your mouth.

"It looks as though you could do with some help as well, dear," Cynthia's voice caught him off guard, however, and her observation caused his ear to flick her way before his gaze followed. "I can help treat that wound of yours, if you'll let me. It isn't a full bottle, but it should be enough to keep away any infection or further bleeding."

The offering was enough to cause Famaer to hiss under his breath, and he moved between the Legend and the human. "Miss Cynthia," he began dangerously, his body ready to fight, "You can't listen to it-- it may be a Legend, but it's Evil! We can't risk helping it!"

Character Sheet Here

Gift Art Corner

Sil's ArtStop
Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
Nightfall
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Nightfall on Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:33 am

Ruins of Alph (Underground Chambers)/??? (95)

"Don't do that; he doesn't like being bowed to."

"O-Oh, I--" Khan quickly stood up, hot embarrassment flushing his face. "I-I'm sorry, forgive me..."

But Azelf wasn't offended, as Khan had thought he might be. In fact, his words did the Lucario an honour that he hadn't felt in a long time. "He's right; no bowing will be necessary.  I appreciate the show of respect though, and it is likewise an honor to meet you, Khan." And he gave Khan a respectful dip of his head.

Khan stood back then, watching Azelf briefly fuss over Prince's malnutrition as he unzipped his little backpack and pulled out some berries. Khan's stomach rumbled and his mouth watered at the sight of them.

"I have plenty; please come and eat.  Pecha, Lum, and Leppa is all I have though, I am afraid.  No other varieties." Had he just ... invited him to come and eat his fill? Khan carefully knelt down beside the berries and picked one up. It was a Lum Berry; perfect for his burns. Even though it had been weeks since the fire in Pallet Town, they still occasionally stung under his fur.

"Thank you, Azelf," he said, biting into the berry and letting the sweet juices spill over his tongue. "You're very kind."

He enjoyed his share of the berries, consuming a Leppa Berry as the Glaceon approached Cynthia. The woman had been offering to patch up Azelf's wound for him, and this seemed to attract Famaer's attention. He had been quiet for a while, and Khan wondered what had suddenly gotten him wound up.

"Miss Cynthia, you can't listen to it-- it may be a Legend, but it's Evil! We can't risk helping it!" Legend? Evil? Those two words just did not fit together. It took a moment for Khan's anger to actually surface, and he stood up and marched up to the Eeveelution, sparks of aura energy flickering off his paws.

"Evil? Evil?! What are you talking about? Don't you dare speak of a legend in such a way!" His chest heaved and his mouth contorted into a snarl. How dare he?! It took all of Khan's power to avoid blasting that blasphemous fox into the wall. "Explain yourself!"

((I'm skipping out on the text colours other than my own because FUCK this laptop. I may come back and edit them in later. Also hasty post is hasty.))
Starbits
Elite
Elite

Post by Starbits on Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:11 am

Alph Ruins - Undergound | ??? | 24

"O-Oh, I--" Poor Khan.  He honestly did mean nothing but respect.  The fairy longs to give him a hug, the poor canine feels so ashamed.  "I-I'm sorry, forgive me..."

"Thank you, Prince."  The sharp thorns of shame, discomfort, and embarrassment lift a little, and Azelf clears his throat.  The tension eases from Prince's shoulders as the negative feelings radiating from Azelf's heart retreat; the legend is too focused now on the canine he is addressing to dwell on his own emotions.  "He's right; no bowing will be necessary.  I appreciate the show of respect though, and it is likewise an honor to meet you, Khan."  Prince smiles as he dips his head.  Gods, did he miss that gesture.  And Khan's own unpleasant feelings were soothing, too.  Maybe he can relax a little...

"It's... a pleasure to meet you as well, Cynthia."  Prince tenses again as the unease rolls from Azelf in waves, and then winces as open horror takes seed in his friend's heart.  "Father above, you're far too thin."  Of course, Azelf would work himself up over his condition.  He bites his lip for worrying the pixie as Azelf roots through his backpack.  His eyes find the Lucario and his wince deepens.  You're starving too...  

The sight upsets him, and his eyes return to watch his friend root through his belongings.  If he'd been feeling better he would have quirked a smile at Azelf's choice of knapsack.  A Ledyba backpack.  Cute.  Does he even know that such a thing would normally be worn by human children?  Then again, there's a good chance he wouldn't care.  Azelf has never given much bother towards the "act your age" rule when it comes to things he enjoys; admittedly the only reason Prince does is due to growing up in human society.  Azelf probably just saw the backpack, thought its size was useful, and found the cute aesthetics pleasing and perhaps comforting given the abysmal state of the world.  

I wish I could just not care about that sort of thing.  Trying to prove oneself over and over again is... exhausting.  Especially when they never succeed to begin with.

"I have no healing berries, but I do have food.  Come here, please..." A blue hand gestures for him to move closer, Azelf's eyes locked firmly on the berries he found in the bag.  Prince obeys the request and without looking his friend shoves a Pecha berry into his arms. "I have plenty; please come and eat.  Pecha, Lum, and Leppa is all I have though, I am afraid."   His mouth waters.  Food.  Oh gods, food.  "No other varieties.  Who cares!?  

"Th-thank you, Az..."   Something is stirring inside his friend, something monumental and... murderous, almost.  Azelf hides it with a smile as he digs out the berries and gestures them both to come closer, bobbing back into the air to float.  As the Lucario gratefully tucks into his meal, the little fairy continues to stare wide-eyed up at him, settling on staring at the wound on Azelf's side.  "While you eat... I'd like to know why you are here."

It seems as if Cynthia has other concerns.  "It looks as though you could do with some help as well, dear."  She kneels down in front of Azelf, the legend starting and moving back.  Anxiety stabs Prince in the gut and he winces, his grip on the berry in his hands faltering; he fumbles it.  "I can help treat that wound of yours, if you'll let me. It isn't a full bottle, but it should be enough to keep away any infection or further bleeding."

"That is a... Hyper Potion... correct?"  Azelf's eyes move to Prince's, unable to hide the unease in their depths.  The little fairy nods.

"She's being sincere."  He could have said that telepathically, but maybe saying it aloud will warn Cynthia of Azelf's discomfort around humans.  "Her emotions match her words.  I don't sense anything sinister.  She wants to help."   The corners of his mouth tug upwards as Azelf's tiny shoulders relax.

"All right... thank you... I am grateful for the offer."  He reaches forward to accept the bottle.  Prince opens his mouth to warn him that he probably won't know how to use it.

Disgust, anger, fear.  They were not just Azelf's after all, and now as the source of these feelings close the distance, it's a battering ram to his emotional state.  He cries out and drops the berry, whirling around to see the Glaceon shove himself between Azelf and the human, eyes ablaze with fury.  The boy withers, body curling away from the angry ice fox as he takes a few stumbling steps back.

"Miss Cynthia, You can't listen to it-- it may be a Legend, but it's Evil! We can't risk helping it!"  Everything in him is coiled, ready to pounce.  Azelf's eyes and heart match the Glaceon's in the volume of his hatred.  Dear gods Azelf usually has such a slow fuse what could have set him off!?

That fuse is so unused that the willpower god takes too long to react to his own emotions.  Khan beats him to a reaction, the Lucario boiling over; on his feet as soon as it sinks in, his paws begin to glow and he wastes no time getting into the Glaceon's face.  "Evil? Evil?! What are you talking about? Don't you dare speak of a legend in such a way!  Explain yourself!"

A glow surrounds Prince and lifts him, carefully setting him against the wall.  Alarmed, his head snaps to stare over at Azelf to find the pixie's face is contorted in rage and his gem and hands are glowing blue.  For a moment there is sheer terror before he realizes what the legend is doing.

Azelf is moving him out of the way.

Azzie WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?  

(Azelf is my character anyway so to make things smoother I basically wrote out what he would say, along with having Prince react to emotions Azelf is feeling throughout the scene.  There's a reason why he suddenly got so mad, I swear.  And there's so much anger that Prince could not focus properly on everyone at once, so that's why Azelf's slipped under the radar for a bit until it fucking exploded.)

❤️

♋️14 Badges♋️
little fairy

Azelf
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Azelf on Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:29 pm

Alph Ruins - Undergound || ??? || 26

At first it's barely noticeable; just a buzz in the back of his skull.  He refrains from wincing or rubbing his head-- such an act would clue the others in that he's in even more pain than they think.  

I must be trying to link minds with someone again...  Normally an act that can only be done deliberately, as of late he's been so tired that sometimes his psychic powers will reach out and try to connect with the mind of someone else.  Usually someone with strong feelings.  We're all pretty emotional; I wonder whose brain mine is reaching for this time.  Azelf would stop himself when he noticed his powers straying but right now he is too worn to care.

He wishes he'd cared more when thoughts slip past the cracks of the walls of his mind.  Vague thoughts trickle in, and Azelf stares in wide eyed shock at the Glaceon, who glares at him and Prince as though they have victimized him somehow.  Though his attention is swept back away towards the rest of the going ons, the legend's shock wears away and fury bubbles up, taking its place.

You're angry with PRINCE.  You're calling HIM names.

Not to fall into your pitiful trap, you disgusting, slithering snake,

Azelf twitches.  He can feel his hands balling up.

Make one wrong move and I rip your lying tongue from your mouth.

"It looks as though you could do with some help as well, dear."  Cynthia kneels down in front of the legend, who jerks in alarm, floating back a touch as he is ripped from his murderous thoughts.  "I can help treat that wound of yours, if you'll let me. It isn't a full bottle, but it should be enough to keep away any infection or further bleeding."

He stares at the offered spray bottle, anxiety twisting his stomach and chasing out the anger for a moment.  Deep breaths.  Control your emotions.  "That is a... Hyper Potion... correct?"  Unable to turn his head, feeling quite frozen, Azelf's eyes move to lock with Prince's.  The boy nods.

"She's being sincere.  Her emotions match her words.  I don't sense anything sinister.  She wants to help."  Azelf's tense form relaxes, but only a fraction.  The human's not going to harm him.  That's one less thing to worry about, at least for the moment.

"All right... thank you... I am grateful for the offer."  One hand reaches out to accept the offered healing item.  

And suddenly the Glaceon has shoved himself between him and Cynthia, a blizzard in his eyes.  "Miss Cynthia, You can't listen to it-- it may be a Legend, but it's Evil! We can't risk helping it!"

His anger reignites but he is too slow.  Khan is in the fox's face within seconds.  "Evil? Evil?! What are you talking about? Don't you dare speak of a legend in such a way!  Explain yourself!"

A slow breath in.  Hands and gem glowing, he lifts Prince up and sets him aside.  No harm will come to the boy as long as he is around.  He can see Prince's face pinched with terror out of the corner of his eye; the look on his face must be frightening.

Letting go of Prince, he extends his arms in front of him and the glow grabs ahold of Famaer, slamming him up against the wall, the legend two inches from his nose.  "Listen very closely.  I do not care what you say about me.  Enough people blame Legends for the plague; I have heard it all by now.  But let me make one thing very clear.  I have heard your thoughts, and you do not say a word against him."  One hand flings itself to point at Prince.  Say what you will about me, you raving lunatic, but he is off limits.  I have more power in my finger than you do in your whole body and I will hurt you if you become abusive towards him or anyone else here.  So you may as well cut those thoughts off before they become action, or there will be dire consequences."  With a final look of disgust, he drops the fox to the floor.  

Breathe in, breathe out.  Calm.  You must calm yourself.  Prince is shaking.  His heart aches at the sight and he floats over to place his hands on the boy's shoulders, floating behind him as he steers Prince back towards the food.

Ψ Warnings Manager Ψ

Silverishness
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Silverishness on Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:44 am

Post 1||both

Ruins of Alph- Underground||???

"Almost... alllllmooooo-- oh shit."

Gold stared down at the looming abyss beneath him as the stick he'd been using as a reach fell to its murky doom, soon swallowed up into the dark. There was no sound of it hitting any sort of ground, so... it'd be bad if he fell in himself. Gold looked to the floppy backpack on the other side with a sad sigh. He wasn't sure what had compelled him to put all of his pokeballs into his bag, but maybe Bitey had been right when she'd said it was a dumb idea. He felt the typhlosion's grip on his legs flex -kinda painful- as a sign that he should probably stop. Pouting lightly, the trainer let his arms hang a little as he dangled from the ledge. How was he supposed to get his stuff?

Bitey entertained the idea of letting Gold go-- letting him fall into that abyss with his stupid stick and his stupid hat. Or maybe she could shake him a little and the hat would drop. Fucking hat. She let out a small growl, mostly in frustration as she held onto Gold's chicken legs. She had barely been able to reach them herself, while Gold was trying to accomplish a hand stand. Because... when in peril, her trainer opted to try hand stands.

The situation had begun innocently enough. For whatever reason, Gold's feet had led him to the Ruins. (It was always easier to not question the boy's decisions. Less headaches.) They were walking and walking, and Gold spotted... something. Like he generally did. Maybe it was the stick he just dropped. Bitey hadn't been paying much attention. But then, the ground had given out and somehow, Gold dropped his backpack onto a lower ledge, he'd gotten stuck and Bitey was left on the actual floor. Now, she could pull him up onto the floor with her, but the backpack still needed rescuing, and Legends above knew that Gold would just dive back for it. And there was no way she'd leaver her fellow teammates behind. She couldn't deal with Gold alone again. Never again/

"Wait, Bitey, I have an idea!" Oh no. He shook his legs free of her strong hold like a freaking eel, settling back on his small ledge while Bitey tried in vain to regain her grip. "I'll just jump over and grab it! It's not that wide of a gap!" Bitey's eyes widened with horror as she shook her head vehemently, staring down at the top of Gold's stupid, STUPID head. "And then, I'll jump back, you grab my legs and we'll go back~! Easy peasy!"

"Bad idea, BAD IDEA!" Bitey warned, swiping down to knock him back into the rock, but too late. All she caught was his dumb hat on her claws. Gold made his jump, which turned out to be short, of course, because he was just a skinny white boy and skinny white boys couldn't jump. His hands managed to grab the ledge that the backpack was settled on, however, but he dangled precariously with Bitey only able to watch in horror. Yep. This was how her trainer was going to die.

Miraculously, like a strange monkey-spider, Gold brought himself up a small ways, using the rocks and his own limbs to brace himself against the other side. He wasn't properly standing on anything, but it was better than dangling. "Hey, uh, Bitey?" he asked, his voice strained with effort. The typhlosion heaved a heavy, frustrated sigh as he continued. "Yeah, this was a bad idea. Think you can... like... find a bigger stick or something?" Bitey rolled her eyes and wandered the other way as Gold called after her, "Thaaaaaaank yoooooooou!"

As the typhlosion wandered and immersed herself in the inner dialogue of a pokemon perplexed with the problem of the universe's inability to dispose of her trainer, she paused as she heard something odd. Voices? Turning, she followed the sounds to find a sizable group of what looked like healthy pokemon and even another trainer. She frowned a little; it was eerie how often luck found Gold. Whatever. Putting the tension in the air aside -she didn't have time for that shit- she approached the group, a lumbering, powerful presence amongst the others. She stood on her hindquarters to gain their attention and cleared her throat.

Gold's dumb hat still stuck on her claw, she gestured the way she came, her voice deadpan. "...My trainer's stuck."

Character Sheet Here

Gift Art Corner

Sil's ArtStop
Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
Cynthia
Resistance
Resistance

Post by Cynthia on Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:20 pm

(13)

"That is a... Hyper Potion... correct?" Cynthia smiled and nodded, noting just how cute it was as Azelf turned to Prince for confirmation. A legend seeking guidance from a Ralts...to her it was endearing and a little strange at the same time.

"She's being sincere.  Her emotions match her words.  I don't sense anything sinister.  She wants to help," Prince explained to the anxious pixie, confirming Cynthia's suspicions that Azelf was wary of humans. A lot of Pokemon had reasons to dislike her kind, and Cynthia found it upsetting. In a world that was so clearly destined for human and Pokemon companionship, there were still faults in the system. Some humans just didn't understand how important this connection was.

Azelf turned back to her, looking a little more relaxed. "All right... thank you... I am grateful for the offer," he said, reaching out to take the bottle.
"You're welcome," Cynthia smiled, and pushed the Hyper Potion towards the legend's little outstretched arms when Famaer suddenly appeared in front of her, looking stricken. Cynthia had a feeling what was coming.

"Miss Cynthia, You can't listen to it-- it may be a Legend, but it's Evil! We can't risk helping it!" The Glaceon's intentions were nothing but good; Cynthia knew that. In his head, he was just keeping everybody safe. But the sheer amount of drama that he was capable of producing was what bothered her. She anticipated that his words would not pass without an argument.

"Famaer--" she began awkwardly only to be interrupted by Khan. The Lucario leaped to his feet, fury written all over his face.
"Evil? Evil?! What are you talking about? Don't you dare speak of a legend in such a way!  Explain yourself!"

Oh dear... This was going to get out of hand very quickly if she didn't act. Cynthia swiftly got to her feet and held out her hands. "All right, everyone, let's calm-- Azelf!"
The pixie had lifted Famaer up with psychic energy and was holding him against the wall. Cynthia bit her lip as all she could do was watch, desperately hoping that Azelf wouldn't hurt the Glaceon. She didn't want to see anybody get hurt; this was not what this expedition was for. She dared not speak though in case she set Azelf off again; she'd known him for a matter of minutes. Who knew what he was capable of?
Put him down, she silently pleaded as Azelf appeared to have some very strict words with the Glaceon. Please, please put him down...

Eventually he did, dropping Famaer onto the stone floor as he rejoined Prince to continue with the berries. Cynthia huffed out a sigh of relief, praying that nothing else would go wrong. Impatience was beginning to niggle at her mind; she didn't mind the others having a rest and regaining their strength. In fact, she was all for it, but she wanted to get moving again.

"You OK?" she mouthed at Famaer as she bent back down and picked up the Hyper Potion once more. She was about to ask if Azelf still wanted it when a noise from behind startled her. Something had just cleared its throat.

Cynthia whirled around and noticed a tall and rather irritated-looking Typhlosion standing in the shadows. She inclined her head at it, perplexed, but was surprised to see that it was holding a black and gold cap in its paws. A...cap?

"...My trainer's stuck." There was no sense of urgency in the Pokemon's voice whatsoever. In fact, she sounded rather bored. It took a second for the sight of the cap and the word 'trainer' to register in Cynthia's mind.
There's a person here!
"Oh! Oh--my goodness--erm..."
She stood up a little too quickly and stumbled, her mind reeling. What on earth was a trainer doing so deep in the ruins? Besides herself, of course. But they could be hurt, and no doubt trapped somewhere judging by what the Typhlosion had said. Regardless, there was a fellow human in here, and they needed help.

"OK...all of you, stay right here, all right?" She looked them all in the eye, nodding in reassurance. "I just need to help this trainer, OK? I'll be back in a moment." Her coat swept across the ground as she joined the Typhlosion at her side. "Lead the way."

Last edited by Cynthia on Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Silverishness
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Silverishness on Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:08 am

Post 56

Famaer's eyes remained locked on the "Legend" as its eyes flared. It must have gotten the message, then. Famaer allowed himself a small smirk; whatever happened next, at least he had managed to warn the others. "Famaer--" "Evil? Evil?! What are you talking about? Don't you dare speak of a legend in such a way!  Explain yourself!" the lucario erupted, cutting Miss Cynthia off. Famaer supposed such a reaction was a high possibility. But he stood firm against the Legend, eyes not wavering. He wouldn't let another Evil take more Innocents for their own... not after what happened in Acuity.

Movement in his peripherals caught his attention, and in a lack of judgement, he turned his head from the Legend to whatever was moving-- the Evil's familiar, the small ralts. Curiously, it was levitating.. away? Before Famaer had time to react, he felt a pressure enclose around his neck and suddenly, he was flung against the wall. The impact was almost concussive to his older, frailer body and his limbs flailed uselessly as he was hung against the tunnel wall.

"Listen very closely.  I do not care what you say about me.  Enough people blame Legends for the plague; I have heard it all by now.  But let me make one thing very clear.  I have heard your thoughts, and you do not say a word against him."  Though Famaer's lungs burned without air, his teeth gritted against the pain. Say what you will about me, you raving lunatic, but he is off limits.  I have more power in my finger than you do in your whole body and I will hurt you if you become abusive towards him or anyone else here.  So you may as well cut those thoughts off before they become action, or there will be dire consequences."

The hold slackened and Famaer fell to the ground, his legs buckling beneath him in a popping heap. He let out a grunt, but a furious glare followed the Legend. Go on. Threaten me more, you villainous snake, he spat with his mind. Prove me right. Make me a martyr. You and your disgusting familiar won't fool me, and I won't let you take these Innocents' souls while this old body still draws breath! He shakily got back to his feet, catching Cynthia's concerned "You OK?", which he could only nod at as he tested his legs to make sure nothing was hindering him.

However, their silence was to soon be interrupted; a great hulking specimen of a typhlosion soon appeared, a hat caught on her claws. "...My trainer's stuck." Famaer couldn't help but stare; what sort of pokemon acted like that? Was it a trick? If so, it wasn't convincing. Still, it seemed Miss Cynthia was compelled to help, the sweet soul that she was. "OK...all of you, stay right here, all right?" Looking at them in turn, she nodded confidently, but Famaer wasn't entirely sure. Going alone into the dark, following a strange pokemon? Well, she had her own, after all... "I just need to help this trainer, OK? I'll be back in a moment." She went to the typhlosion's side. "Lead the way."

Famaer gave a small sigh as he laid down, unsure whether or not his elbow was working correctly. He'd find out soon enough, he knew, but the thought of something of his own body hindering him in a possible crisis was worrying. He looked to the "Legend" and its faithful pet and couldn't help but glare, but did not make a move against them. He would not be the one to strike first. Let the bastards do that on their own and prove their filthy ways to Miss Cynthia and Khan.

Character Sheet Here

Gift Art Corner

Sil's ArtStop
Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
Nightfall
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Nightfall on Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:57 am

Ruins of Alph (Underground Chambers)/??? (96)

The situation was tense. All Khan could do was watch as Azelf lifted Famaer up against the wall and gave him a firm warning. Good; how dare he speak of a legend in such a flippant and abusive manner, and right in front of him as well. Legends were benevolent; creatures of awe and myth ... that is what Khan had grown up believing in, and he wasn't about to let one blasphemous fool ruin that. His belief in the divine was all he had left.

Once things had calmed down, Azelf went back to the berries with Prince. Khan was stood by the wall, unsure of whether to say anything, when a noise from nearby startled him. A large, hulking shape lurked in the darkness, and Khan was ready to strike it when it suddenly spoke. "...My trainer's stuck."

Khan inclined his head at the Typhlosion, curious of the distinct lack of urgency in her voice. But from what she had said, there was another human somewhere in the ruins. Cynthia seemed to gather this as well, and sprung to her feet. "OK...all of you, stay right here, all right? I just need to help this trainer, OK? I'll be back in a moment."

Khan nodded as she took off down the passage with the Typhlosion. He shot a glare at Famaer as he knelt back down next to the berries, helping himself to another Lum and a Leppa. "If you don't mind me asking, Azelf, what brings you to the Alph Ruins?"
Starbits
Elite
Elite

Post by Starbits on Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:17 am

Alph Ruins - Undergound | ??? | 25

He watches in horror as Azelf slams the Glaceon up against the wall; though he cannot hear the pixie's muttered threats he does not have to; the emotions he can sense perfectly and the amount of anger makes his stomach turn.

Please please calm down...  

He does, sort of, as he lets Famaer fall, returning to Prince's side to hover behind him, the warm hands finding his shoulders once again.

More emotions slip their way into his radar and the fairy gasps to see a Typlosion enter the hallway, a cap in her hand.

"...My trainer's stuck."

She... does not feel at all worried.  His mouth drops slightly in surprise.  How is she not worried?  If that had been Jamie...

His vision blurs and he gulps the lump down his throat.  No, not now.  Not dwelling on that now.

"Oh! Oh--my goodness--erm..."   Cynthia is quick to decide what to do about the situation.  "OK...all of you, stay right here, all right?"  He can already tell Azelf will do no such thing.  The gold eyes have narrowed.  Only just, but the small change in facial expression does not escape the fairy.  Azelf watches Cynthia stride off into the darkness.

"If you don't mind me asking, Azelf, what brings you to the Alph Ruins?"

The question gives him pause; apparently he feels obligated to answer that.  "I want to contact Father.  He won't answer me when I try to pray, and I know this ruins is an another way to reach him.  Admittedly, I'm not sure how it works; I figured I'd just come here and... ah... wing it."  The slang makes Prince smile a bit despite their predicament and amusement touches Azelf's heart, the taste of the emotion settling pleasantly into the Ralt's head.  "I need to go help this human; I don't like the thought of them being on their own like that."  Too many bad things can happen in the Epidemic.  Too many...

Prince watches as Azelf turns serious eyes on Khan.  "May I leave Prince in your care for a few minutes?  This shouldn't take long, but he... he's precious to me; he is the only family I currently have."  

The Ralts inhales sharply.  Family? 

"And I do not want to leave his side without knowing for certain there is someone to look after him.  Especially given him."  The look Azelf gave the ice type could have stopped traffic.  Prince is grateful he will never be on the receiving end of such a look.  His eyes catch Famaer's and he shudders.

How are you not scared of him?  The Glaceon looks so defiant in the face of someone who could ltierally rip him in half.  Not that Azelf wouldn't do that unless as a last resort, but Famaer doesn't know that.  He probably wouldn't believe it even if he were told.  Does he see himself as some kind of martyr?  Someone willing to die antagonizing a Legend just because that Legend is... is what, exactly?  Why did he automatically hate the two of them?

What happened to you to make you think these things?

At Khan's agreement Azelf thanks him and, with a final reassuring squeeze to Prince's shoulders, follows after Cynthia.

The fairy stares at the berries, suddenly much less hungry.

(Nighty has said Khan would agree to look after Prince, but if there's any issue with this I will edit.)

❤️

♋️14 Badges♋️
little fairy

Azelf
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Azelf on Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:10 pm

Alph Ruins - Undergound || ??? || 27

Dear Father, he's still going.  Go on. Threaten me more, you villainous snake. How tempting.  Prove me right. Make me a martyr.

Cold horror wells up, helplessness clenching his chest and tears of rage pricking his eyes.  

He has me.  There is now little he can do.   I can't make him look right.  I can't.  For Prince's safety, if nothing else.

You and your disgusting familiar won't fool me, and I won't let you take these Innocents' souls while this old body still draws breath!

We have done nothing, and plan on DOING nothing.  If you're so convinced of my evilness, fine.  I don't care.  Leave Prince out of it.  He's a CHILD.  You can do whatever abuse you want to me, but if you attempt to turn your cruelty on him I WILL do something.  That directly contradicts your own thoughts earlier.  He doesn't know that.  Think, think of something!

... You can't force him to play by your game, the one governed by simple logic.  With his paranoia and mean spiritedness, he's already turned the rules around on you.  So turn them back on him.  

And if you do not want to heed my warning... go ahead.  Abuse him.  Abuse the small, frightened boy who has not said or done a thing against anyone.  Prove ME right about you being insane.  See if it doesn't get you kicked out, you spineless bully.  Azelf can handle the mind games.  Prince cannot.

Famaer will sorely regret trying to make Prince a part of this if he tries to, even if Azelf is not around at the time.  He already has a loyal companion in Khan; look at the way the Lucario rushed to his defense!  Yes, if he harms the boy, Khan will ensures that the fox pays for that.  If Azelf doesn't get to him first, that is.

His senses already on overdrive, the little legend practically leaps out of his skin when the fire bear comes, the Typhlosion moving to stand on two legs as she approaches the group.  In her hands is a piece of cloth headwear; a hat?  "...My trainer's stuck."  

... A hat.  Immediately his eyes move from the Typhlosion to scan its surface. Oh thank Father.  It's black and gold, not white and pink, and the style is all wrong.  Said style is closer to the boy's hat, but he remembers its colors-- blue, red, white.  No, this isn't either of them... and the last boy didn't have a hat.

Relief and pain settle into him and Prince beside him thankfully does not notice, too caught up in a whirl of his own emotions to notice a little bit of extra agony.

"Oh! Oh--my goodness--erm..."  His eyes move to Cynthia, the woman quick to recover from her shock and take charge.  "OK...all of you, stay right here, all right?"  As if he's going to stay here when there's a human in trouble.  

"If you don't mind me asking, Azelf, what brings you to the Alph Ruins?"

Azelf hesitates; though his eyes stare after Cynthia's back as she disappears into the darkness, he can't in good conscious leave without answering the canine's question.  Especially as he needs to ask a favor of him.  "I want to contact Father.  He won't answer me when I try to pray, and I know this ruins is an another way to reach him."  Why he should have to even use the ruins is a worrying question in it of itself.  Why won't Father just answer him...?  "Admittedly, I'm not sure how it works; I figured I'd just come here and... ah... wing it."  The world has so many strange sayings; it still feels odd to use them.  "I need to go help this human; I don't like the thought of them being on their own like that."  Even with their Pokemon, two humans could still be killed by the dangers the Epidemic had to offer.  And one is stuck.  He does not like the sounds of those odds.

The pixie turns his head to look more fully at Khan.  "May I leave Prince in your care for a few minutes?  This shouldn't take long, but he... he's precious to me; he is the only family I currently have."  

He can hear the little fairy draw in a fast breath.  Well.  It's true.  Nothing he said there was a lie.  "And I do not want to leave his side without knowing for certain there is someone to look after him.  Especially given him."  He snarls in the direction of the Glaceon.  No way is he leaving Prince's side with that lunatic around, but the boy needs to sit and eat and rest a moment...

At Khan's affirmative, Azelf allows his facial features to relax into a warm smile, grateful.  "Thank you.  For this and your kindness earlier.  It is deeply appreciated.  With any luck I'll return soon; please, eat your fill.  You must be starved."  He sure looks it, the poor thing.

His hands squeeze Prince's shoulders affectionately before he forces himself to let go and follow after Cynthia and the Typhlosion, soon catching up to them.

At reaching the spot in question he stares in horror at the young man perched on the ledge.  So great is his surprise that the boy has not fallen, that he fails to introduce himself.  "Dear Father, child.  How did you not fall?"

Ψ Warnings Manager Ψ

Silverishness
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Silverishness on Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:19 pm

Post 2||both

"OK...all of you, stay right here, all right? I just need to help this trainer, OK? I'll be back in a moment." Bitey rolled her eyes at the woman's tender voice and mothering nature. It was always weird to see other trainers interact with their pokemon -Bitey could only guess these were hers- and she had always felt a twinge of jealousy for those that didn't have to put up with the shit that Gold liked to pull. Like flinging himself into an abyss for a backpack. "Lead the way."

Bitey turned without another word, the hat still stuck on her claw. The thought of burning it or eating it or even just tossing it away was a nice distraction but she knew if something actually happened to it, Gold would have a mental breakdown. Half his brain was that fucking hat. So, the typhlosion begrudgingly trudged forward in no real rush, not minding the at least intelligent-looking female following her, but still enjoying every step that crushed the hat a little more.

With a final turn, the hole was there once more with Gold in the same spot as she'd left him, his limbs beginning to shake with effort. She plopped down in an angry huff on her hindquarters, leering over the lip of the hole at the back of her trainer's dumb head. The sound of her sigh, a noise he knew so well, caused Gold to flinch a little and try to turn his head to see his pokemon. "Bitey?" he managed, "Th-That you?"

"Dear Father, child. How did you not fall?" Bitey flinched slightly at the voice; that weirdo Psychic type had followed them after all. Huh. But Gold perked a little, letting out a slightly embarrassed laugh.

"Oh uh, I caught myself?" he answered, which was very much true. Much to Bitey's dismay. "Hey, Bitey, you found friends? Sweet deal! Think any of them could jump that gap and get my backpack?" Bitey merely rolled her eyes and heaved a heavy sigh, another sound Gold knew too well. But he mistook her annoyance and frustration for something else. "None of them jumpers, huh?"

"I'm going to maul your stupid face," Bitey growled under her breath, to which Gold -as he had no communicator- merely laughed and shifted his weight against the wall. "Anyone got a big stick?"

Character Sheet Here

Gift Art Corner

Sil's ArtStop
Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
Cynthia
Resistance
Resistance

Post by Cynthia on Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:56 pm

(14)

Cynthia followed the Typhlosion briskly through the dusty, dark corridors, biting her lip with anxiety. While she had absolutely no qualms with helping someone in need, time was ticking on. As soon as this bit of business was over, she would have to gather everyone back together and continue onward to the shrine. Her hand instinctively moved towards her bag, and she relaxed when she felt the shape of her talisman pressing against her palm. She'd gotten into the habit of regularly checking that it was still there.

They rounded a corner and came to an abrupt stop next to a hole in the ground. She barely had time to wonder what on earth it was doing there when she noticed the young man stuck on a ledge halfway down. "Bitey? Th-That you?"

Seeing him down there by himself, cramped on such a tiny ledge ... it was a wonder he hadn't fallen already. Cynthia peered over the side of the hole and winced, not wanting to know just how long the drop was beyond that darkness. It was a miracle that this boy was still alive.

"How on earth did you get down there?" she asked incredulously, failing to suppress a little giggle. The absurdity of the whole situation was too amusing to ignore.

"Dear Father, child.  How did you not fall?" Azelf's voice from her side startled her, and she turned to the legend quickly, trying not to appear as frustrated as she was becoming.
"I told you to stay-- oh, it doesn't matter." She sighed and rubbed at her temples. This was going to be a long day. "Perhaps you can help."

"Oh uh, I caught myself?" the boy replied. Something about his attitude and overall demeanor bothered Cynthia. It was almost as though he was blissfully unaware of just how much danger he was in. If that ledge gave away... "Hey, Bitey, you found friends? Sweet deal! Think any of them could jump that gap and get my backpack?"

Cynthia craned her neck over the edge again and finally noticed the backpack sitting on an opposite ledge. Well...that explains quite a lot.

"None of them jumpers, huh?"
"I'm going to maul your stupid face."
"Anyone got a big stick?"

She had to suppress another giggle; who'd have thought a potential life or death situation could be so amusing? Maybe it was the Typhlosion's remarks and her clear annoyance; she and her Braviary had possessed a similar relationship back in the day, when she had just a little less common sense than she did now.

"Unfortunately, I don't have a stick. But I do have a Pokemon that can help." Cynthia pulled out a Poke Ball. In a flash of red light, a small, brown rock appeared on the ground, with two parallel holes in it and a crack down the middle. The rock began to tremble, and wisps of green and purple fog seeped out.

Her Spiritomb's 'face' materialized soon after, her gaze locked onto the stranded human in front of her. "What the..."
"I'm not too sure either. But I need you to lift him up with your Psychic. Can you do that?"

Spiritomb immediately obeyed, an aura of ethereal energy surrounding the boy as he was slowly lifted into the air. "I'll get your bag in just a moment," Cynthia promised kindly.

Last edited by Cynthia on Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Silverishness
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Silverishness on Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:22 pm

Post 57

We have done nothing, and plan on DOING nothing. If you're so convinced of my evilness, fine. I don't care. Leave Prince out of it. He's a CHILD. You can do whatever abuse you want to me, but if you attempt to turn your cruelty on him I WILL do something. He had him. He had had him. He had been so close!

And if you do not want to heed my warning... go ahead. Abuse him. Abuse the small, frightened boy who has not said or done a thing against anyone. Prove ME right about you being insane. See if it doesn't get you kicked out, you spineless bully. Famaer kept to himself as the "Legend" floated to the others, content in believing he was in the right.

I have done nothing but speak my mind against your familiar and yourself, you slithering wretch. I did not strike the first blow. You did. And whether you are ignorant to your own evil or not is irrelevant; the fact that you drew first blood will always be truth. No matter what. He sat and adjusted himself as he watched the exchange silently from afar with his peripherals.

"If you don't mind me asking, Azelf, what brings you to the Alph Ruins?" Khan queried, to which "Azelf" hesitated. Why, Famaer had no idea. Can't decide on the lie you wish to spew this time, Demon? But the Demon's answer took Famaer off guard.

"I want to contact Father. He won't answer me when I try to pray, and I know this ruins is an another way to reach him." "Father"...? Did he honestly believe the Creator, the Alpha would answer such scum's prayers? How deluded was this creature? Or was this a brilliant lie? "Admittedly, I'm not sure how it works; I figured I'd just come here and... ah... wing it." There was an awkward silence that hung in the cave. "I need to go help this human; I don't like the thought of them being on their own like that."

He turned more toward Khan, all pleasantries. "May I leave Prince in your care for a few minutes? This shouldn't take long, but he... he's precious to me; he is the only family I currently have." Famaer had to repress the urge to vomit. How revolting, manipulating a pure soul like Khan with such twisted words. Disgusting. "And I do not want to leave his side without knowing for certain there is someone to look after him. Especially given him." The glaceon caught the remark and he turned slightly to Azelf, his glare firm on his face. Just because

Khan, being too naive and kind to refuse, accepted, much to Famaer's chagrin. "Thank you. For this and your kindness earlier. It is deeply appreciated. With any luck I'll return soon; please, eat your fill. You must be starved." He floated off in Cynthia's wake, and Famaer allowed his sore, stiff frame to relax a little. His old bones protested, but he pushed through it. He needed to be ready for another assault. His eyes wandered to the remaining two, but he stayed silent, knowing his words would be unwanted.

Character Sheet Here

Gift Art Corner

Sil's ArtStop
Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
Nightfall
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Nightfall on Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:36 am

Ruins of Alph (Underground Chambers)/??? (97)

Azelf paused at his question, and for a moment, Khan was afraid that he wasn't going to answer; that he'd asked too much. "I want to contact Father," he replied, immediately earning Khan's full attention. Father? Did he mean Arceus Himself? "He won't answer me when I try to pray, and I know this ruins is an another way to reach him.  Admittedly, I'm not sure how it works; I figured I'd just come here and... ah... wing it."

Khan went quiet for a moment, rolling a berry around on his paw. There was a way to contact Arceus from these ruins? The Lucario suddenly felt like the walls were shrinking, the corridor widening, and the ruins becoming a lot less claustrophobic than they were before.

Was that why Cynthia was here too? Khan realised he had never actually asked her why she had come here, but what she had said before they entered, after the deaths of the dragons, still stuck to him. Her aura burned with determination and passion, not to mention power - the small wisps of life he'd detected from her Poke Balls suggested that her Pokemon were frighteningly well-trained.

Maybe Cynthia held the key to contacting the Creator; why else would she be here? He glanced up at Azelf, tempted to say something, when the pixie spoke again. "I need to go help this human; I don't like the thought of them being on their own like that." Khan wanted to say that he was sure that Cynthia was capable of looking after herself, but remained quiet as Azelf turned his golden eyes onto him. "May I leave Prince in your care for a few minutes?  This shouldn't take long, but he... he's precious to me; he is the only family I currently have."  

"Er, yes, of course." It was on the tip of his tongue to remind Azelf that Cynthia had told them all to stay put, but he had no authority to tell a legend what to do. He'd have felt like a peasant telling a king not to go to war.

"And I do not want to leave his side without knowing for certain there is someone to look after him.  Especially given him." He and Famaer briefly shot glares at one another. "Thank you.  For this and your kindness earlier.  It is deeply appreciated.  With any luck I'll return soon; please, eat your fill.  You must be starved."

Khan had almost forgot the half-squished berry in his palm, and he popped it into his mouth gratefully. "Thank you. Please, take care. If there is trouble, call for me and I will come." He watched after Azelf longingly as he floated into the darkness after Cynthia and the Typhlosion.

He sat in silence for a minute, slowly filling his stomach with the nourishment it craved. His eyes turned to Prince, who was looking at the berries like they were lumps of coal. He leaned forward a little, trying to get the Ralts's attention. "Are you all right?"
Starbits
Elite
Elite

Post by Starbits on Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:11 am

Alph Ruins - Undergound | ??? | 26

He's... he's watching us...  

"Thank you. Please, take care. If there is trouble, call for me and I will come."

Prince almost calls after Azelf as the Legend leaves, a lump rising in his throat.  Oh, it's not that Khan makes for bad company or poor protection.  

It's that he's WATCHING US.  His anxiety refuses to listen to the very reasonable points his brain brings up; Azelf is not going far, Khan is right here, there is food to eat and you are hungry.

Nope, none of that.  The fear poisons his thoughts, the anger that settles into his head courtesy of the Glaceon only fueling his terror.  His lungs are having trouble now, oh gods...

Breathe, you have to breathe!  

Are you all right?

He starts, eyes raising to meet Khan's before looking away.

He asked you a question.  Answer!

"I-I... I mean..."  He swallows.  "He's... he's very a-angry..."  Kneading his dress is pathetic but at least it gives his hands something to do.  "Th-the G-Glaceon.  It's... m-making me s-sick..."   That, and Azelf being parted from him.  But Khan doesn't need to know that second part.  "I'm a R-ralts; w-we get direct access t-to others' emotions..."  It's not subtle but whatever; if he's going to not wilt further he needs an anchor.  Praying the canine doesn't take offense, Prince scoots closer to him.  "Anger doesn't h-hurt as much as "sadness" emotions... but it's still painful."  The weaker the Ralts, the worse anger impacts them.  If he heals, he'll feel better.

It's so basic a concept, yet he stares at the berries--the first step towards that healing--and can't bring himself to touch one.  His stomach churns at the thought of putting one of those in his mouth.

And the Glaceon's eyes are still on him.

❤️

♋️14 Badges♋️
little fairy

Azelf
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Azelf on Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:12 am

Alph Ruins - Undergound || ??? || 28

I have done nothing but speak my mind against your familiar and yourself, you slithering wretch. I did not strike the first blow. You DID. And whether you are ignorant to your own evil or not is irrelevant; the fact that you drew first blood will always be TRUTH. No matter WHAT.  

And they seem so very bothered by it.    It's really hard not to roll his eyes.  You forget also that Khan was about to attack you.    

Can't decide on the lie you wish to spew this time, Demon?  

That's so pathetic it's easy to ignore.  

Though he's reluctant to leave Khan and Prince in Famaer's company, Khan is far faster than the ice fox and probably stronger.  On top of that if any danger arises Pokemon are a lot less fragile than humans.

"Bitey?  Th-That you?"    

"How on EARTH did you get down there?"  The sheer amazement in her voice made him hurry to look, floating over her shoulder and in front of her so he could stare down at the boy--man? His age was not easy to tell--on the ledge.  Cynthia is not pleased to see him, as he predicted.  "I told you to stay-- oh, it doesn't matter.  Perhaps you can help."

"Ma'am, remember who I am," Azelf admonishes as he turns to look at her.  "I'm capable of handling myself.  And also very reluctant to let two humans wander off by themselves.  You are strong.  But there are undead even stronger than you--"      

The boy cuts him off, not that he really had much more to say to begin with.  "Oh uh, I caught myself?  Hey, Bitey, you found friends? Sweet deal! Think any of them could jump that gap and get my backpack?"

Backpack?  Gold eyes blink slowly, a frown settling on his face.  He risked this for a backpack?  Sure enough, when he glances in the direction Cynthia is staring... there it is.  There must be something truly important in there...

"None of them jumpers, huh?"

"I'm going to maul your stupid face."  The boy laughs but Azelf winces-- that did not sound like a playful jest.  Bitey growled that.

"Anyone got a big stick?"

"Unfortunately, I don't have a stick. But I do have a Pokemon that can help."  Azelf watches as the Champion releases a Pokemon, eager to see what friends she has.  

... That's a rock.  With two holes and a crack down the middle.  It has to be a Pokemon or it couldn't be stored in the Pokeball, so what Pokemon is it--

Whisps of smoke leak out and the pixie stares in fascination, drawing closer.  When the face materializes he squeaks and darts back, eyes wide.

Oh, now he recognizes it.  Spiritomb.  He shudders.  Creepy things.  But if the woman has one, this one must be... er... friendly enough.  Though he makes no move to say or do anything regarding the ghost, his tail flicks around, betraying his anxiousness.

"What the..."  Appropriate response.

"I'm not too sure either. But I need you to lift him up with your Psychic. Can you do that?"

"You, young man.  You are very lucky you didn't fall," the legend murmurs as the ghost lifts him.  That pit looks deep, and for all they know it could be a bottomless one.

"I'll get your bag in just a moment."

"No need; I can get that."  No sense in helping the Spiritomb; if anything, adding his psychic energy to the ghost's would just make it more difficult to lift the youngster out, in the same way two people trying to lift the same object could just get in each others' way.  But the backpack, that he can do.  Jewel and hands glowing blue, he beckons to the backpack and surrounds it with the same blue glow as his mind takes hold, lifting it over to him.  "There.  Safe and sound."  A sudden thought strikes him.  "Oh!  Your Pokemon, are they in here?  It explains why you'd risk death to get the backpack..."  Or if he had something very sentimental in there.  Otherwise it was just a foolish decision and it would have been better to start from scratch than risk death for the supplies.  

The idea that the youth may have risked his own life for something that didn't even hold special value worries him.  Cynthia is capable; she's had enough experience in life to lend her to safety in the apocalypse.  Really, all that I worry about her is the potential threat of one of THOSE things running into her...  

That Gyarados...  

Humans are fragile and even LEGENDS couldn't kill that thing; there are probably more like it.  One could find her.  At least if I'm there, I can buy her time to escape or even teleport her out.  But other than that, I need not worry too much for her safety.  This boy, on the other hand...  Yes, he was... concerning.  And too young to be alone, actually; even if at young adulthood humans were capable of surviving on their own, didn't they normally stay close to the parents?  And his age was so hard to decipher he may be younger than originally anticipated.  I will ask him later...  No sense in putting what was probably a painful question to him; everyone had dead loved ones nowadays...

Ψ Warnings Manager Ψ

Silverishness
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Silverishness on Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:32 am

Post 3||both

"What the..." Bitey turned to look at the rocky ghost; she'd seen the species before, but couldn't quite remember the name. She recalled that they were hard to bite, however, and so glared at the swirling colorful pokemon. Its trainer didn't seem to notice, as she was clearly occupied with assisting Gold.

"You, young man. You are very lucky you didn't fall," Bitey couldn't help herself to an eyeroll; wasn't that the understatement of the century? Gold, like everything, thought it was hilarious, as he let out a hearty laugh. "I'm just glad I can keep myself up like this!" he replied, the strain in his voice becoming more evident. He was losing stamina. Bitey's frown deepened as she spied his shaking arms and legs. Even with Gold's impeccable luck, they'd give out soon. Very soon. "I'll get your bag in just a moment."

"No need; I can get that." Bitey turned to the blue floaty thing and let out an impatient growl. Despite her longing to see Gold disappear into an endless void, she would rather not it be due to his two rescuers wasting time at politeness. She paced to and from the hole a couple of times in the moments it took for the blue thing to get Gold's backpack. "There. Safe and sound." She stopped pacing and immediately returned to the bag, opening its contents like a ravenous bear. "Oh! Your Pokemon, are they in here? It explains why you'd risk death to get the backpack..."

"Ah, yeah, they're in there," Gold replied as he felt the strangeness of the psychic hold on him. Bitey in the meantime was almost desperately looking for his only pokemon with wings-- Togekiss. Nedry and her had never gotten along, but he was the only one who could-- "Ahaha, and some other things I'd -hahaha!- I'd rather not-- AhahahahHAHAHAHA THAT TICKLES!" On instinct, he reached to slap at the tickled areas, but of course, that broke his grip on the ledge. Immediately, his body slid and fell off its precarious perch, earning a short-lived scream from the trainer, Bitey lurching forward in alarm. He disappeared into the dark, his scr-- "OW MY BUTT!" Oh SON OF A BITCH.

"Hey, so I fell?" Gold called from below, still unseen. "But I'm ok. Looks like the pit wasn't very deep. Ahahaha! So, uh, I guess you can lift me now!" Bitey's lip twitched in rage as she peered over the ledge, glaring daggers into the dark with a pokeball in her mouth. She wasn't sure whose it was, since Gold insisted on everyone having similar pokeballs. "So no one could steal them." Fucking moron. She spat the ball back into the bag and hurled the crumpled hat that had faithfully stuck on her claw into the pit, only to be greeted with, "Yay, my hat! Bitey! Bitey! I found my hat!"

Character Sheet Here

Gift Art Corner

Sil's ArtStop
Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
Cynthia
Resistance
Resistance

Post by Cynthia on Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:58 am

(15)

"No need; I can get that," Azelf offered, deploying his own Psychic to help lift the backpack. It drifted up onto the ledge and landed with a bump next to them. "Thank you, Azelf," Cynthia smiled.

"Oh!  Your Pokemon, are they in here?  It explains why you'd risk death to get the backpack..." The legend's suspicions proved true when the Typhlosion - Bitey, was it? - dove into the bag and started hunting through the Poke Balls, clearly looking for one in particular. Cynthia knew just how frustrating it was to find the right Pokemon when they all looked the same, but she'd solved that problem back in her youth by putting little stickers on her own Poke Balls to distinguish them; Spiritomb's ball had a cartoon ghost on it.

"Ahaha, and some other things I'd -hahaha!- I'd rather not-- AhahahahHAHAHAHA THAT TICKLES!" Cynthia heard Spiritomb groan in irritation next to her; the dual-type had never been fond of loud noises, and here in these narrow corridors, the boy's laughter rang through the walls.

"Just keep it up; you're almost-- OH!" Cynthia heart sprang up into her throat as Gold suddenly slipped and plummeted down into the pit. Spiritomb gasped as well, her psychic grasp being broken by the sudden movement. The Champion's hands clasped over her mouth and nose as she peered over the edge; even if he had survived that fall there's no way they could retrieve him now; he could have a broken leg, or a fractured skull, or--

"OW MY BUTT!" ...Or a sore backside. Apparently the fall hadn't been as great as they'd thought, and Cynthia heaved a sigh of relief. "Legends above, boy! You almost gave me a heart attack," she gasped, slapping a hand to her chest.

"Hey, so I fell?" the boy's voice echoed up to them. "But I'm ok. Looks like the pit wasn't very deep. Ahahaha! So, uh, I guess you can lift me now!" In her frustration, Bitey tossed down the cap she'd been holding only to hear, seconds later, "Yay, my hat! Bitey! Bitey! I found my hat!"

"All right." Cynthia had to fight to hold back the giggles as she turned back to her Pokemon. "Spiritomb, let's get him out of there nice and quickly." The ghost resumed her Psychic, reaching out with her powers to locate the boy in the gloom and pull him up to safety.

She set him down gently on the ledge next to his bag. Cynthia promptly approached, genuine concern etched on her face. Even if he hadn't sustained any immediate injuries, a fall onto hard rock was bound to be painful. "Are you OK? You're not hurt, are you?"

Last edited by Cynthia on Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Silverishness
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Silverishness on Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:51 am

Post 58

Are you all right?

Famaer glanced to the lucario, a small hope fluttering in his sore chest that perhaps that concern had been directed at him. But no, despite he belief that Khan was at heart a decent pokemon, the kindness was directed at the small ralts. Of course. Because a shivering tiny child, even if it was a vessel of Evil, was far more worrisome than an injured old man.

"I-I... I mean..." the little imp began, faltering a little under Famaer's hateful glare. "He's... he's very a-angry..." The old glaceon gave a scoff in pure contempt, the ralts' performance too much to bear. Did it have to stutter? It seemed too much to believe, to be honest. [color=#bfefff]Disgusting... "Th-the G-Glaceon. It's... m-making me s-sick..." The glaceon rolled his eyes, shifting his weight a fraction off his sore shoulder. Khan would likely ask him to stifle his hate to make the little wretch more comfortable. "I'm a R-ralts; w-we get direct access t-to others' emotions... Anger doesn't h-hurt as much as "sadness" emotions... but it's still painful."

"Sounds like you're just going to have to deal with it," Famaer snapped from his corner, perhaps even exaggerating his own prejudice just to spite the little imp. He'd likely lie to Khan to gain sympathy, that oh, the old man's hate was just too much to bear, so why not put a little truth in that? If he could actually feel Famaer's hate, then good. Let it be a burden. Let it crush his frail little form. He only hoped his convictions could have that effect on any other Evil he came across. "I see no reason to abandon my convictions now. You and your master are Evil, and no amount of shivering and stuttering will change that. The others do not see, but they will. That 'Legend' already proved himself a coward enough by flinging an old man against a wall for little less than a taunt-- what mature creature of ages throws a tantrum like a child? One not worthy of the title of 'Legend' is your answer! if it takes my life to open their eyes to your filth, Demon, then I gladly give it." He stood shakily, his shoulder protesting, eyes wide with fury and hatred. "I will not abandon them. Not while breath is still in these old lungs."

Character Sheet Here

Gift Art Corner

Sil's ArtStop
Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:

Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:03 pm