Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?


Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.


Support our staff!


4 posters

(ACE) The MARSH Team

Dandelion
Dandelion
Centurion
Centurion


Age : 27
Posts : 2393

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 9 Empty Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by Dandelion Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:59 pm

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 9 PahNIaG
The Great Marsh || Noon [Raining]
Eleroo 173 || Seek 193


"Very sunk and very water-logged... Even i it wasn't I fear it'd crack under the weight of you three much less me." While her ears usually hung in downward position they fell as low as possible as Shenron rejected the position as a possibility. Her light weight may not have caused it to creak, hell she was nearly washed off of it, but she agreed that its integrity had to be compromised after so much water. Wouldnt get us very far either. A fishing pier, maybe, or a place to ride a Pokemon the rest of the way? She didn't risk walking far enough to see just how far it went; it wouldnt be any use to them anyway.

Splashing her paws through the edge of the water the flyer felt her throat tightening up-- that was it, she was out of ideas. I guess... we have to go around. Her wings fell as well with a heavy sigh, the icy water licking at her feathers as she stared dejectedly across the water. Did she admit it, that she failed to lead them and the trek would continue? Perking her eyes up in a pleadful glance she wanted to gauge the responses, see if they knew, but instead she saw Eleroo and Shenron dangerously close to the water's edge.
"Yes, this is quite solid. Good looking out Eleroo. With a stick we'd be able to tell how far ahead of us the firm earth remains as well." With a ginger step the Radeon waded slightly further, and stabbed his stick into the dark path once again. He felt continued resistance, the pull of the water minimal with only a narrow flow above the path. Though it was hard to tell against the moving water the Radeon swore he could see a muddy route all the way through. "It looks like a full path." He squeaked to the dragon, paws giving happy taps as excitement buzzed past the icy chill.

"Just to be safe, do you know how to spread your toes when you step? Its like wearing snowshoes to displace your weight and keep you from sinking. The method works on mud too if you don't stand still too long or step in each others' pawprints." Lifting his forepaws and visibly spreading his toes the Radeon set them back down and felt the weight distribution change across his foot. "I dont know about mud but back at home, in Foretree, we had a lot of bridges. We were taught to spread out the weight across our paws and stay low when it got really windy to keep from getting blown off." Seek's panting breaths came up behind him, her gaze sullen and confused as she watched the poison type stand uncomfortable far into the water. "That isnt safe!" She hissed, worry clearly overriding whatever she was about to say before. "No no, its okay!" Speaking quick to calm her the Radeon lifted and tapped his foot against the dense mud and root pack beneath them. "Theres a muddy walkway  here, its firm enough to stand on! It looks like it goes all the way across too."

Staring dumbfounded Seek did not know how to respond. "A mud- is that really safe..?" She gasps hesitantly on a sharp inhale, her gaze shifting up toward Shenron for reassurance. Taking a nervous step into the water she could feel the mud beneath her pads, firm and pebbly, and not at all washing away under a weight like most sand or grit did. "I, I guess its either this or walking completely around and looking for a thin spot again." Taking a few more steps Eleroo body blocked her path and extended his neck to pass her his stick. "We gotta test our steps first though to make sure its safe."
Baloo
Baloo
Rookie
Rookie


Age : 28
Posts : 809

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 9 Empty Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by Baloo Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:26 pm



(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 9 NtXit1p


Great Marsh|Noon (165)

Shenron watched Eleroo and nodded easing himself forward in the icy water. So cold. His scales steamed painfully and his wings throbbed wanting to pull him away and out of this miserable place. But they were still wounded and sore. Not to mention his paws being stuck and stabbed with small rocks and twigs making him stop and angrily shake the now sore appendage. He hated deep dark water. With a passion. "Keep forward... If the water becomes too high, tip your head back and keep your paws grounded. There will be a temptation to try hopping" He knew this because he had this happen as a Charmander. Chasing his friend through a cold pool only to find himself sank up to his chin desperately peeping for help. His friend's mother rushed in grabbing his nape and pulling him free. Shenron shook the memory away and offered a grin of assurance. "However should you find yourself unsteady I will gently bump you to keep you afloat and above water" He said this with a flick upwards of his head.
Though he was hoping he wouldn't need to do so but the option was there.

ShadowCharizard
ShadowCharizard
Centurion
Centurion


Age : 37
Posts : 1705

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 9 Empty Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by ShadowCharizard Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:09 pm

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 9 KugUZ7n

The Great Marsh|Noon
100

Looking at the water, Felix could tell that crossing all at once would be a bit risky. The flooding has also created blind spots in the mud where they could slip off into the flood water. This made Felix think of something that could be beneficial to them. Since currents move in one direction and going against it is to risky, if one of them gets swept off, they'd have to swim downstream and towards shore. The other method was again using a vine to pull the others to safety. "If one of us is swept off into the flood water, follow the current downstream and swim towards shore. The water is pretty cold so likely we should be careful." Then there was a bit of an idea he had. Using a large enough stick to poke the ground for if its solid or deep mud. "Maybe if we had a large stick, we could use it to jab the ground under the water to see if its deep mud or solid ground." The Sylveon suggested.
Dandelion
Dandelion
Centurion
Centurion


Age : 27
Posts : 2393

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 9 Empty Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by Dandelion Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:39 pm

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 9 PahNIaG
The Great Marsh || Noon [Raining]
Eleroo 174 || Seek 194


Taking the stick for herself Seek prodded the ground with her newfound extended reach. It sunk for a moment but then fought back along the path they had found. Raising a surprised brow Seek continued to take cautious steps, her curiosity peaked as it continued on through the gushing water. Out of everything they had searched for, all the safe paths, this is what they would use? Inching along she admitted it was as good as they would get. "Keep forward... If the water becomes too high, tip your head back and keep your paws grounded. There will be a temptation to try hopping." The dragon warned, and instinctually her neck bent back through the water only gurgled above her ankles.

The mud was walkable but not nearly as firm as the Aiveon would have liked. Her paws sunk, and they further they walked the more stressful it became. Prodding and poking with the stick she continued to feel their sunken walkway, but each step sunk a bit deeper into the muck, and the water licked higher and higher up her legs. They trembled with each inch they covered, chilled and unsure of the choice as it occurred to her it was too late to go back. The path was thin, and turning would be awkward and dangerous.

Eleroo bound up to the others, his positioning quickly falling to the back of the ground in his hesitation. With a new stick in his grasp he could test his steps as well, but being behind the others he could tell the rough direction their path was taking. "If one of us is swept off into the flood water, follow the current downstream and swim towards shore. The water is pretty cold so likely we should be careful." Felix instructed them, poking along carefully with a stick as well. Tilting his head downstream the small boy felt a tremor run down his spine. How far would it carry him, any of them before they could climb out? What if they couldn't, and the stones and debris caught or dragged them under?..? No! He wailed internally, teeth sinking deeper into the branch. No matter how scared he was he had to believe it would turn out fine.

"Maybe if we had a large stick, we could use it to jab the ground under the water to see if its deep mud or solid ground." "Isn't that what we're doing?" The Radeon asks, unsure how that was different. If it was solid enough to walk on did it matter if it was truly solid ground at one point? "We don't have one," Seek says tensely, the cold creeping into her words. "We have to make do with these."
Baloo
Baloo
Rookie
Rookie


Age : 28
Posts : 809

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 9 Empty Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by Baloo Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:03 pm


((OoC: Gimme a skip here, Shenron is just plodding along behind them keeping watch for any debris or shift in current coming their way))
ShadowCharizard
ShadowCharizard
Centurion
Centurion


Age : 37
Posts : 1705

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 9 Empty Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by ShadowCharizard Sat Jul 09, 2022 2:07 pm

OoC)) Skip, Felix is moving carefully keeping his feelers ready to grab ahold of Eleroo if the current shifts.
Dandelion
Dandelion
Centurion
Centurion


Age : 27
Posts : 2393

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 9 Empty Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by Dandelion Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:30 pm

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 9 PahNIaG
The Great Marsh || Noon [Raining]
Eleroo 175 || Seek 195


Sinking her teeth deep in the stick Seek nearly gagged on the raw green taste of the soggy wood. This was stupid, this was so so stupid. With each inch they progressed the risk skyrocketed. The low water now gurgled against her legs, reaching high and soaking the delicate white feathers of her rotary wings. What if their path continued to slope, or simply sunk into the depths, leaving them stranded? Jabbing her stick forcefully into the dark water before her the path continued, and she moved each paw on its own and felt for a hold before letting it bare weight. "I-It's staying pretty straight." She huffed through her clenched teeth, tipping her muzzle up but not daring to look back and see how much or little progress they had made.

Eleroo made quick but careful steps to keep close to his fellow Eeveelutions. Every so many seconds his eyes would shift down stream and stare woefully at the churning water. One wrong step and... The sound of Shenron moving behind him would force the Radeon to snap out of it, and with a jerk of his head he would test the ground to ensure the other's steps had not loosened anything on their way. Seek was moving them at a snails pace, and the frigid water had long since numbed his pads. What if he could not feel where he was going and slipped? She was being careful, they all were, but as he craned his neck to the side to see their progress he felt like they had not moved at all.

The progress was noticeable, however. As they moved further into the wide body of water the flow became more intense. With each movement of his legs Eleroo could feel the pull, and he struggled to rise his paws above water when needed. With a deep breath he repeated Shenron's advice like a mantra, spreading his toes and weight out as much as possible to keep his balance, though keeping himself low was proving impossible. As the lightest of them all, or was Seek lighter now that she could fly?, he had to focus deeply on remaining rooted to the path. If anything knocked him off his feet there was no stopping his descent.

For all his focus he did not expect Seek to stop moving, preventing their train from walking and allowing the roar of the surrounding water to be all the more prevalent. The Aiveon was stiff; her stick had failed to connect to the path, making her wobble, and as she tilted to find it again and finally sunk into the solid bits the branch refused to come back with her. Unable to relax her jaw the eeveelution fiddled around with one paw, scratching at the tangle of roots that had snared her safety device.
Baloo
Baloo
Rookie
Rookie


Age : 28
Posts : 809

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 9 Empty Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by Baloo Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:41 pm




(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 9 NtXit1p


Great Marsh|Noon (166)

Shenron stopped short looking around. What was... The stream was gurgling as it lazed by. He stretched a paw out to Seek. "Seek? Are you ok?" His other paw sank in the mud with the weight on it plunging his chest in the icy water below. Shenron snarled in surprise pulling it free and swishing it under the water. Disgusting. Though the shift in weight made him aware the current was picking up slightly. For him it was slight but to them... Small bodies and tiny paws with gushing water beckoning them under.
"Careful..."

ShadowCharizard
ShadowCharizard
Centurion
Centurion


Age : 37
Posts : 1705

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 9 Empty Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by ShadowCharizard Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:28 am

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 9 KugUZ7n
The Great Marsh|Noon (Raining)
101

The water was getting colder and Felix could feel it as he continued along with the others. It felt like needles stabbing into his legs as he stepped forward. Soon they was at a stop. Seek was feeling around for something and from the looks of it, she was struggling on getting it out. Something caught his attention by a cracking noise. That can't be good at all. "Seek, do you hear that?" Hoping that he wasn't the only one that heard that sound. If it was something bad, they better move fast before they find out what it is. Whatever that sound was, it wasn't far and if more cracking sounds are heard then they got only so much time left before something breaks.
Dandelion
Dandelion
Centurion
Centurion


Age : 27
Posts : 2393

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 9 Empty Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by Dandelion Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:17 pm

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 9 PahNIaG
The Great Marsh || Noon [Raining]
Eleroo 176 || Seek 196


Her paws were ceasing. The cold sank deeper into her hollow bones, numbing her paws and legs as the water licked higher and higher up her limbs. Each step was a struggle, an immense effort as the water started to tug at her light weight and her steps sank deeper into the mud. With another thrust of her prodding stick she could feel the exhaustion creeping into her neck as well, the thrusts and pushing back of her head above the splashes quickly fatiguing her. The branch plunged further than she would have liked but still stopped against something solid. Was.. was it still solid enough? Biting hard into the stick she tapped the ridge of mud carefully with one paw, and could feel the solids breaking away beneath her touch. Roots, sticks, and stones tangled together remained for a base, but it was enough make her heart skip a beat with worry.

A gentle touch was enough to make her flinch and realize how long she had been standing still. Turning her neck around she eyed Shenron warily, concerned by what he might say. "Seek? Are you ok?" To think he was concerned.. well, in truth she was not surprised, but the sentiment was deeply needed. "It's getting deeper and.. unstable?" She admitted, the hesitation in her voice flexing it into an unsure question rather than a statement. Releasing her stick she took another step forward and felt a paw plunge in a loose spot between the roots. Panic gripping her in an instant, her other toes digging into the path as her chin brushed the water and she struggled to free herself. "Careful..." The dragon stressed as she pulled her paw free and took all the effort she had to re-balance herself on the treacherous walkway.

"Should we go back?" Eleroo called from behind, his soft voice struggling to heard over the chugging water. The stormy sky prevented most light from trailing down, making the blue-black water hard to see, but its rolling, increasing rapids could not be ignored. He couldn't help but notice she did not respond to him, the silence only broken by Felix. "Seek, do you hear that?" He questioned, another sound creeping, cracking inbetween the gurgles. Craning his neck Eleroo looked to Seek for guidance, for answers, for insight of what was ahead, but the Aiveon was barely moving if not completely frozen. "What's going on?" The whimpering question squeaked out in tune with the snapping, sending pinprick tingles down his spine.

But the Aiveon felt her jaw freeze in place. The dark shape of their path beneath the water's surface was hard to follow, its shape disappearing the further she looked. Was it the water's refraction or was it too low...? The sound of snaps and clicks shot her ears up. Though she tried to ignore it the noise was getting more prevalent. Something was breaking but.. they should not be able hear anything from beneath the surface. "I-I.. I dont know." She admitted, the words quickly becoming her catchphrase as her meager leadership spiraled into this mess. No matter how unstable this godforsaken walkway was they shouldnt be able to hear the roots? More cracks and snaps flicked her ears, and without thinking her head turned to follow.
For a moment she could not believe her eyes, it was like an entire tree was laying in the lake, but as it rolled an a leaf-strew branch surfaced and shuddered she was forced to accept the sight. "Oh gods-- theres a huge branch coming, we gotta hurry!" The massive limb was thick all the way around, its sprouting branches just as bad. How it was not getting stuck on its way down river, Seek could only get it was the force of the water. "If it doesnt break this ridge its gonna knock someone off for sure-!"
Baloo
Baloo
Rookie
Rookie


Age : 28
Posts : 809

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 9 Empty Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by Baloo Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:26 am



(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 9 NtXit1p


Great Marsh|Noon (167)

Shenron tensed hearing the noise and whipped his head around. Immediately his body tensed and he raised a hand. "If that hits us we're done for. Hurry!" His flame sputtered weakly in his chest as he sized up the tree. Even if he could summon a flame the bark was wet. The air was wet. He could do nothing! Desperately looking around the banks. Not even a stone to lunge for. Not to mention Eeveelutions had tiny soft claws. If they lunged how could they hold?
What could they do?

ShadowCharizard
ShadowCharizard
Centurion
Centurion


Age : 37
Posts : 1705

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 9 Empty Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by ShadowCharizard Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:24 pm

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 9 KugUZ7n

The Great Marsh|Noon (Raining)
102

Looking behind him, the tree branch was making more snapping sounds as it was losing its integrity rather quickly. Felix's heart was racing as he knew what that meant as the branch was leaning in their direction. Nothing in his mind right now was clicking for a rational thought. If they don't hurry, they'll be  knocked into the sub freezing waters and dragged to their deaths. "Shit shit shit shit! We need to move now!" In a sense, there was no time to grab the stick they was using. They'd have to make a gamble and hope they don't get caught on the underwater vegetation. Damn it, that branch is too large to avoid. If this land bridge takes a direct hit, we're all dead! There's no time for any solution to this! Seek, I hope you got the idea of taking that risk right now because there's no time to try to pull the stick out! He then spoke up again! It was basically a now or never situation. "It's now or never!"
Dandelion
Dandelion
Centurion
Centurion


Age : 27
Posts : 2393

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 9 Empty Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by Dandelion Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:54 pm

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 9 PahNIaG
The Great Marsh || Noon [Raining]
Eleroo 177 || Seek 197


She was stun-locked. Staring with massive blue eyes Seek could not peel her gaze away from the branch that was hurtling toward them. Gods, no, at that size it was a tree. Why wasn't it stopping, why wasnt it getting caught and stopping?! The snapping, cracking, sloshing, and tugging of branches quickly increased as it came at them with disturbing speed. "If that hits us we're done for. Hurry!" The dragon's words fall on deaf ears, her paws rooted to their path and completely stiff aside from visible trembles. "Shit shit shit shit! We need to move now!" Felix's cry visible shook her, the Aiveon's ears falling completely flat against her head. They were trapped, like sitting Duckletts, and they w--

"Seek, go!" Eleroo wails, his piercing cry enough to shake her but not move her paws. With his own heart racing in terror the Radeon moved forward, not thinking twice on where he set his paws, until he could reach and out nip the Aiveon's wings with an affirmative bite. She yelped, her prodding stick tumbling from her maw and was swiftly taken away by the current. The sharp, sudden pain did the trick, and with a kick and hitch Seek started to move. There was time, and in her case no stick to check their footing. She moved uncomfortably fast, forced to check with each paw as it came back down on their way. Still, between the strong pull of the current and drag of the water as their paws moved through it Eleroo was able to easy keep up. His legs burned, aching from the resistance alone, but he was still managing just fine.

"Hurry!" Eleroo squeals in a panic, the sight of the oncoming tree making his stomach drop. Seek was, quite literally, holding them up even if she could go no faster. He meant no insult, but the stress was necessary as the Aiveon broke into awkward lunges. Legends above, the Radeon wanted to curl up and sink into the ground. Everything about this made him want to throw up, to gag on his own air and disappear, but he was painfully aware of the existence of the world around him.

With each inch Seek traversed her racing mind told her to fly. She had to jump, to get out of the water. Try as she might her wings were weak, hurting, and sodden with dirty water. She couldnt even lift them out of the current yet her brain and body screamed to do so. Was this instinct? Her thoughts went so fast she felt like she was spinning, and her a misstep sent a paw plunging into a small hole in the path. In an instant she stumbled, yanked by her trapped paw and bobbing her head under the surface. A bump from behind told her Eleroo had not expected the stop, and the flailing Aiveon pushed her head back up with a dramatic gasp. Turning her head to look back at Eleroo her eyes stopped halfway and locked on the approaching tree. It was too close, so close she yelped as she flailed as she tried to rip her paw free.

The panic got worse as the roar and shuffles of the tree grew louder, closer as it hurtled its way toward them, and in a blind flurry of paws Seek jostled her leg free with a violent tug. She stumbled back from her own force, bumping into Eleroo and teetering awkwardly on the much-narrower-than-she-recalled path. The ground seemed to shift beneath her paws, feeling unstable as her body tried to spin. Unable to stop her momentum Seek tried to turn, her front paws in the air, but their was no controlling the motion with her force and the current tugging against her. Stumbling, one paw slipped down the side of the path and was free floating.
With a sharp yelp Seek flexes and tried to jerk herself back the other way in a saving throw, but there was no hope, and her cry was cut off as she splashed into the water. "SEEK!" Eleroo screams with a terrifyingly shrill cry, but his voice was drowned out by water rushing in her ears.
Baloo
Baloo
Rookie
Rookie


Age : 28
Posts : 809

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 9 Empty Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by Baloo Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:08 am



(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 9 NtXit1p


Great Marsh|Noon (168)

Shenron lunged at Seek hearing Eleroo's cry and stretched out his clawed paw. Doing so threw him off the ledge sinking him under water but his tail stayed up with a sputtering fire. Every cell in his body screamed furiously for him to pull away. Back to air. Back to dry. But Seek..! His paws scrabbled desperately to get his head back up as his lungs burned for sweet air. His clawed toes sank into the mud to keep him from being swept away but still the muck scraped at his ankles as his feet still moved. He couldn't quite stop himself fully. This was not good. He managed to get his head back up gasping for breath but still searched the water for Seek. Shenron was not built for swimming. He was heavy. The water was steaming off him. All the overexertion just to move in the water sapped his strength. Yet still he squinted looking for the kit and looking back to Eleroo and Felix hoping they would continue the trek across. Grab a blank or vine to knock down for Seek to grab onto. Of course he couldn't vocalize this as his mouth was filled with icy cold water each time he dared open it.
Shenron could only hope they just got the hint or something.

ShadowCharizard
ShadowCharizard
Centurion
Centurion


Age : 37
Posts : 1705

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 9 Empty Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by ShadowCharizard Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:58 pm

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 9 KugUZ7n

The Great Marsh|Noon [Raining]
103

Danger was no longer the word for what was about to happen, it was now peril. Seek had fell in followed by Eleroo and Shenron. There was no time to run across to get something as the tree was extremely close. Felix lost his footing and fell in as well. Now they was at the mercy of the freezing cold water. "SEEK!" The Sylveon at least had some sort of degree of swimming when he was younger. Hopefully with him evolved, he could use his feelers as a way to grapple something to get Seek and Eleroo to safety. He would have to guide Shenron on a direction to move to more shallow water. The Sylveon could also feel the cold water was causing him to get chills as he kept his head above water but barely.

First one was to get Seek then Eleroo. "SEEK! HOLD ON, I'M COMING!" Swimming with the current, the Sylveon moved past Shenron to get to Seek first before it was too late. Feeling the cold water push against the back of his head had told him that if they was to stay any longer, the effects of hypothermia would begin to set in as well as fatigue. Damn it, we need to get out of this water as quick as possible. Soon he bumped into Seek. Using one of his feelers, he held onto the Aiveon. "Gotcha, Seek, listen to me, I'm gonna get you out of the water first then get Eleroo. Shenron would be too heavy for me but I'll get him out of this safely." Hopefully she'll be able to calm down to let him get her on shore.
Dandelion
Dandelion
Centurion
Centurion


Age : 27
Posts : 2393

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 9 Empty Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by Dandelion Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:31 pm

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 9 PahNIaG
The Great Marsh || Noon [Raining]
Eleroo 178 || Seek 198


"SEEK!" Eleroo screams again, his moon-wide eyes locked on her fading lavender shape. No, no no no no no! His trembling paws reached forward with all haste, but there was no hope of catching her with his mediocre length. Instead, he heard the heavy splash of Shenron taking the initiate, the dragon reaching out with superior size for their forlorn Aiveon. "SEEK! HOLD ON, I'M COMING!" Felix roared before diving in as well, leaving Eleroo alone on the perilous path. Everything told him to jump in after her, to join the rescue for his family, but his last strains of self preservation, or perhaps a weak constitution, prevented his meek paws from taking that leap of faith.

As panic took over his body and thoughts he could no longer comprehend caution, and instead bolted forward across the pathetic path with every bit of speed possible. Much like Seek his paws sunk and slipped, dipping his chest forward, but Shenron's past advice fueled his steps with even, distributed weight that prevented him from toppling. Using his momentum to go forward and not back Eleroo could control his dash to some degree, and though he sloshed, chugged, splashed, and ungracefully thunked across he managed to land on the other shore without being swept away.

Screaming out his sister's name he raced along the shore to get closer. The others had band together to grab her, but what if they failed, they missed, they were caught in the current as well and were washed under? Nystagmus blurred his massive eyes as he tried desperately to focus on both his companions and the shape of the oncoming tree. With his pulse racing so fast he could hardly breath the Radeon felt himself suffocating, and hyperventilation came without warning while watching Shenron's flame dipped uncomfortably close to rushing water. He wailed again, for all three of his companions, but the words came as no more than a mewling cry.

Tossed the wrong way by the current gushing water rolled over and into Seek's mouth each time she tried to breath or scream. Instantly her lungs screamed, gagged and filled with water without consent. All thoughts had ceased, with pure survival fueling her numb paws as she fought for air, control, and grip. The freezing cold water tossed her about, smashing and scrapping her against sunken, protruding, and flowing branches and stones. Battered and bruised with each impact of debris, regardless if it was stationary or flowing along with her, the little air that remained in her lungs was knocked out of her. Kicking and flailing for dear life it took all her effort just to stay afloat, and keeping her sights locked on the white and orange shapes of her companions came as an after thought.

Felix's shout kept her focus, and the Aiveon flailed and reached for the out stretched claws of Shenron, but her feather-light frame offered no resistance to fight the current. She couldn't get closer, and she could barely slow her rapid flow downstream while struggling to keep her head above water. Felix's bright fur practically shined through the water as he overtook the dragon, and for a moment the touch of something against her was panic inducing, that she was caught on another set of branches, but as the grip tightened she realized it safety with an affirmative, "Gotcha, Seek, listen to me, I'm gonna get you out of the water first then get Eleroo. Shenron would be too heavy for me but I'll get him out of this safely."

Pacing, racing, and following helplessly from the shore, Eleroo's mind screamed, yes yes yes, no no no! in tandem, unable to focus on either the good or bad as separate concepts. They got her, they got her!-- but the peril had not passed in the slightest. All three of them were still at the mercy of water, and he could do nothing to aid them. The few trees behind him offered little in ways of moveable branches, or vines, and he had no abilities that could assist. Behind the group the tree seemed to have picked up speed, and all he could do was wail, "Get out of there!" as it collided with their walkway. The snapping of branches and twigs was plenty loud, but the thunk and shlorp of suction as destroyed the path being audible was enough to rattle Eleroo's bones. The already dirty water was quick to darken even further as mud was set free, the water filling with twigs and roots as the tree ripped through them and continued onward toward his friends. "Get out of the water!"
Baloo
Baloo
Rookie
Rookie


Age : 28
Posts : 809

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 9 Empty Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by Baloo Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:20 pm



(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 9 NtXit1p


Great Marsh|Noon (169)

Shenron struggled back to a stable footing and raised his tail. He looked over to see Eleroo made it to the bank and was relieved. Yes. He charged that way with his paws scrabbling at dirt and water to propel him forward. But he didn't take his eyes off Seek. If he could get on solid ground and reach her with paw or mouth he could get her. But his sputtering tail flame and the water was killing him. Shenron heaved his heavy body up onto land and he shook himself. "Seek, Felix! Hold on!" He charged downstream searching the water for them while stealing glances back towards the tree approaching.
He needed to hurry.

ShadowCharizard
ShadowCharizard
Centurion
Centurion


Age : 37
Posts : 1705

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 9 Empty Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by ShadowCharizard Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:02 pm

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 9 KugUZ7n

The Great Marsh|Noon [Raining]
104

Felix tried as much as he could to get Seek to safety but the current was preventing him from going sideways. I'm no Vaporeon but this current is stronger than I thought. I can't even get a reach for anything sturdy even with my feelers. Keeping ahold of Seek, he was looking for anything that might get them out of this mess. Nothing looked low enough or strong enough to support the weight of two eeveelutions. Soon he heard Eleroo screaming and that was enough to alert Felix of something bad coming. "Get out of the water!" Looking behind him, he seen what was coming but Shenron wasn't far away either which makes it a chance for him to get the two to safety fast. "Seek, Felix! Hold on!" Acknowledging Shenron, the Sylveon kept both himself and Seek's head above the water.


Felix sees Shenron and shouts to the Charizard to get his attention. "Shenron! We're over here!" Using his other feeler to signal to Shenron where they are. Looking back though they had about less than two minutes before that tree is right on top of them. The Sylveon wasn't ready to die here nor was he intending to die in this marsh. Felix isn't going to give up now. With the tree closing in, they had only one shot at this. 
Dandelion
Dandelion
Centurion
Centurion


Age : 27
Posts : 2393

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 9 Empty Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by Dandelion Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:27 pm

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 9 PahNIaG
The Great Marsh || Noon [Raining]
Eleroo 179 || Seek 199


Instinct was the only thing fueling Seek's kicks, and it told her to hold on [literally] for dear life. She fought every urge to sink her fangs in Felix's feeler for a better grip and could only pray he would not let go as they were tossed about. The orange blur of Shenron's scales disappeared, the world nothing was a swirling mix of a grey and green abyss. The water gurgled, pulling them further and further out of the lake area and closer to the raging river as it picked up speed. Eleroo's cry did little to help, no matter now hard she kicked and struggled Seek could not find purchase within the water. Every jutting stone was just another surface for her to be battered against, and angled logs were too slick with algae to grip as they flowed alongside them. A strong ripple in the current was enough to drag the feather-light Aiveon under the surface, and nostrils filled with water she heaved out in desperate gasps once she resurfaced.

"Seek, Felix! Hold on!" Shenron called out, the only scrap of relief Eleroo found as the dragon scrabbled onto solid ground. One friend was safe, no more victims were made. Racing further along terror turned to panic as the Radeon's gaze watched the pale pelts of his friends disappear in the dirty water. He tried to call out their names, but the words came as no more than a shrill squeak as the child scampered along the bank. Where did they go, what if they couldnt surface and drowned?! "Shenron! We're over here!" Felix's voice roared above the rain, and honing in on the sound and motion of his feeler Eleroo was horrified to see how far down steam the pair had been dragged by the surge. Had the broken pathway really increased the flow and speed of the rapids?! "Hold on!" He whines, shrill voice barely recovered as she continues to run toward them. But, what could he do? His short limbs did nothing, and no fallen longs that he passed went far enough or seemed safe.

In those moments of terror Seek suddenly cursed her wings. The strong appendages had no fight, no strength to kick or turn her as they dragged down and waterlogged. Choking and gasping, the Aiveon caught sight of the tree as he continued on its rampage. It was coming, oh gods it was still coming. Energy fading, lungs screaming, the youth could not scream nor relay anything to Felix. At the complete mercy of the others and the elements she could strain to hear Eleroo wailing somewhere beyond the water.
"Shenron look!" The Radeon wails, as they come up on a fallen log long since stripped of its branches. It lay at an angle, the in the water downward while the bank was high. It shifted slightly in the current, a worrying sign, but the length was more than any they had seen prior. "Brace it against the bank!" There was no care, no concern, no thought for himself as the small Pokemon leaped onto its soft bark and out toward the precarious end. It bopped, off balanced already by his meager weight, but Eleroo could not back out now. "Reach for this!" He cries, ready to help and grab them in any way that he possibly can.
Baloo
Baloo
Rookie
Rookie


Age : 28
Posts : 809

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 9 Empty Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by Baloo Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:49 am



(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 9 NtXit1p


Great Marsh|Morning (170)

At Eleroo's call, Shenron surged forward. His paws finding purchase on the mentioned tree. It creaked against him but he snarled bracing it like the Radeon asked. His eyes snapped to the water spying the pink of Felix's pelt and what he hoped was Seek's fluffy white fur not churned water now foaming up. Still he could feel his muscles aching the longer he stood. Perhaps he hadn't completely recovered or was in need if some kindling food. Either way time was truly of the essence. Each passing moment weighed heavier on him. Made him struggle and try his best to keep it still. But it was hard. The bark was wet and as he dug his claws in to keep steady it would crack so he had to use the pads of his paws. Which were now stabbed full of splinters. His feet were not faring much better. Wet slippery mud pooled up between his toe claws making the ground unstable. Still Shenron bared his teeth and braced with effort. He couldn't let go. Couldn't move. Or they might lose Seek and Felix to the downstream or forever.
Which he could not allow...

ShadowCharizard
ShadowCharizard
Centurion
Centurion


Age : 37
Posts : 1705

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 9 Empty Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by ShadowCharizard Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:35 pm

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 9 KugUZ7n

The Great Marsh|Noon [Raining]
105

As Felix and Seek continued to be pulled by the current, the sylveon seen Shenron moving past them to get in a spot where he can grab ahold of what the Charizard is holding down as hard as he could. Felix had one shot at this, if he misses, both him and Seek are done for. They drew closer and closer until Felix was able to bite ahold of what Shenron was holding. Though he couldn't speak clearly, he tried his best to speak."Got it! Get ush out uh here!" The Sylveon said as he put his other feeler around Seek so she wouldn't fall back in. He couldn't see behind him, he knew that the branches was coming closer to their position. It's going to be a very close pass but they'll avoid getting hit by it.

OoC)) Short post
Dandelion
Dandelion
Centurion
Centurion


Age : 27
Posts : 2393

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 9 Empty Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by Dandelion Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:02 pm

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 9 PahNIaG
The Great Marsh || Noon [Raining]
Eleroo 180 || Seek 200


Digging his claws into the soft bark Eleroo shook but did not fall as the dragon reached him and braced the trunk against the ground. Through it shuddered at first from the force it no longer shook from the waves, though it certainly continued to try. Water licked and splashed up the sides, spraying onto his paws but unable to knock him away or drag the trunk downstream. "Here here!" He called out to the sodden pair again while flailing one paw about. Anything to make sure they could locate him. The water surged, bucking the tree for a moment and latching his free paw back to the back. With a cautious glance back at Shenron he knew time was still every much against them, and that this meager safety net would not last long.

Though he had wailed at what Seek assumed was the top of his lungs Eleroo's call had sounded so far away to her. Water clogged her ears, rushed her nose and gagged her throat. Her fluffy clouds had done their best to act as a flotation device but the beatings and current of the river had pushed the trapped air out and allowed water in. With her neck weighed down she struggled to keep her muzzle above water, even with Felix's grasp she was hardly in control of their struggle. He squealed again, forcing her to stay focused despite her mind wanted to fade away. She had little strength left but put all her fight in to helping turn Felix and herself toward the distant shore. Had the river always been this wide, or were they not moving at all? Her legs burned, crying out to stop and let go, but Seek continued to paddle as they rushed closer and closer to the trunk.

"Almost there!" Eleroo encouraged them, and with a last push the eeveelutions overcame the flow and were enroute to be tossed against the trunk. It came rapidly, the Aiveon once again smacking against something as she through out her paws to grip for the trunk. Between its slick surface and her waning strength she could not find a hold, and had Felix's jaw or feelers faltered she would have once again been swept away. "Got it! Get ush out uh here!" He choked, but she could no longer find the fight to lift her paws above the flow. A weight pressed against her, any sort of pain or touch not registering beneath the numbing cold as Eleroo roughly pulled at her scruff. She was bigger than him, heavier with her waterlogged fur and dead weight, but he struggled and pulled nonetheless. Giving Felix a chance to push and pull himself up the Radeon pulled until Seek's chest crested the branch, and with solid ground beneath her paws the Aiveon found a second wind enough to scuttle back toward solid ground just as the rolling tree finally made its way to them. The spiraling branches were relentless, catching their makeshift flotation station and ripping it from the bank just as Eleroo leaped back to the shore.
Baloo
Baloo
Rookie
Rookie


Age : 28
Posts : 809

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 9 Empty Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by Baloo Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:51 pm



(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 9 NtXit1p


Great Marsh|Noon (171)

Shenron watched them scramble up on the bank and growled letting go of the tree. His handpaws and arms were splintered and scuffed. His muscles were sore. But his teammates were here. They were ok. "Here, please warm yourselves..." He moved his tail to the front and held out his hands. His flame was burning hot from the adrenaline and showed no signs of dying down. It may not be much but it was precious warmth. Especially in this situation. If they caught a cold from the water and wind then they would need to slow down. Rest more. More of an open target.
They couldn't risk that.

ShadowCharizard
ShadowCharizard
Centurion
Centurion


Age : 37
Posts : 1705

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 9 Empty Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by ShadowCharizard Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:26 pm

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 9 KugUZ7n

The Great Marsh|Noon [Raining]
106

As they was lifted out of the water, he felt the cold air all over his body as well as the rain drops adding to the already wet pelt of his. He did what he had to do and that was enough to show he cares about Seek and Eleroo. Seeing the branches take out the makeshift station, Felix swallowed hard as it took it out with just that much force. That could have been both him and Seek if they was a second to late. By Arceus, they was lucky. "Here, please warm yourselves..." Shenron said to them as he himself was quite tired himself. Felix felt the heat from Shenron's tail. He's been a good friend so far which was good. The Sylveon couldn't ask for more so far. Felix nods to Shenron before looking at Seek. She looked really tired out. There was doubt that they'd be pursued out this far from Pastoria.


Felix tried to get up but he was shivering pretty hard from being cold and wet. Laying back down, the sylveon spoke up. "I don't think we'll be pursued this far out now. Seek, are you okay?" The eeveelution asked as he was feeling a bit sore himself now. The warmth from Shenron's tail started to make the fur to become less soaked. "Thanks Shenron and Eleroo. That was a close one."
Dandelion
Dandelion
Centurion
Centurion


Age : 27
Posts : 2393

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 9 Empty Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by Dandelion Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:43 pm

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 9 PahNIaG
The Great Marsh || Noon [Raining]
Eleroo 181 || Seek 201


Panting and wheezing the Aiveon struggled to accept the solid ground beneath her paws. She labored to breathe, to catch her breath, panic still racing through her veins as she felt the freezign cold wetness all around her. The gurgling sound of water and violent passage of their small tree and the massive one torrenting pass was already starting to fade as it continued downstream. Good riddance, she thought, though she could hardly register what she was berating about at this point. Everything was spiraling, too much of a mess to truly realize that could have been her and Felix, rolled under, crushed, and drowned by that limb as it made its way down river.

"Here, please warm yourselves..." Shenron's voice still sounded so distant, so far away despite being right beside them. The flickering flame burned hot beside her, the Aiveon collapsed on the ground in a pitiful heap. The heat practically scalded her, like the touch of hot water after a cold wash, but she had not the strength to move or avoid its warmth. Everything was wet, cold, aching, burning, numb, hurting.... her mind struggled just to remain conscious, with being coherent a complete after thought.

With adrenaline still pulsing violently through his veins Eleroo paced their small circle of friends, feeling figiding with concern as he observed his friends in laying in sodden heaps. Though he worst of the danger had passed his mind refused to slow down. Were they okay, had they taken injuries, was that a smudge of blood he saw, could they walk, had they been heard or seen, what should he do??? A tremor ran through his body, and involuntary shiver triggering him to shake out his pelt. A shower of droplets rained about him, and a sheepish hunch came to his shoulders in apology.

Forcing himself to sit he scooched close to Seek and busied himself with grooming her sodden fur. The normally fluffy, puffy pelt slicked to her body and shrinking her size down. Her shivering was painfully noticeable, and he licked faster in a bit to warm her where the fire could not. "I don't think we'll be pursued this far out now. Seek, are you okay?" Felix asked, his voice noticeably weary after the rescue effort. Eleroo did not stop, but tipped his ruby gaze in the Sylveon's direction. He appeared to be faring a little bit better, though the dip had clearly taken its toll on him as well. "Im not, a Vaporeon.." She grumbles slowly before blinking each eye individually. She was remaining awake at least, for his efforts or not, and it gave the Radeon some sense of safety. "Nope, you're not. So you need to get dry." Fussing with her fur Eleroo pressed a paw against the thickest parts to push excess water out before turning toward Felix to ask the same question while tipping his head toward Shenron to include him. "What about you, are you alright?"

Peeking up from his chosen task Eleroo scanned their horizon. They had not seen hide nor hair of another being since arriving here. That little trip had caused a lot of noise and commotion that even the rain should not have drowned out. If someone were listening surely they would have heard them. "There might not be any Pokemon here at all." The Radeon replies dejectedly. Sure, they would be safe from pursuers, teleported so far in the distance none remained, but literally where did that leave them? The landscape was barren of Pokemon or eyes, and a feeling of loneliness overtook the youth despite his close friends, and he resumed grooming to keep it at bay.

"Thanks Shenron and Eleroo. That was a close one." Eleroo perked with a smidge of pride for a few moments before the realization of how unsafely he had acted. The adrenaline was starting to wear off and allow the exhaustion and reality to shine through. If anything had gone, or slightly more wrong, then he could have easily of been swept away as well. The weight of his actions was enough to make him feel sick, and only Seek shuffling about for warmth kept him focused. With a quick look around one more time and a peek at the sky he found comfort in the rain being relatively lighter, though still constant. "We need to rest for a moment." He stresses, though opposition was unlikely. Seek grunted but said nothing else in response, all the better for neither had the strength to argue.

Sponsored content


(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 9 Empty Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:02 am