Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?


Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.


Support our staff!


4 posters

(ACE) The MARSH Team

ShadowCharizard
ShadowCharizard
Centurion
Centurion


Age : 37
Posts : 1681

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 8 Empty Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by ShadowCharizard Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:31 pm

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 8 KugUZ7n

The Great Marsh|Noon
93

Felix looked around while sitting and watching. Nothing out of the ordinary was going on as the rain continued to fall. The fact they had just survived one of the most dangerous situations they had to ever face. As Felix continued to think on what to do, Shenron came up and said something. "They would not come here unless something compelled them to do so. I will watch for them, you three should certainly rest. It has been a stressful morning.” He’s been right about that. It has been a stressful morning. There’s only one thing that can be done right now was to rest and relax. Even for an eeveelution like Felix, he had to be exhausted from this ordeal. The Sylveon was starting to feel some pain from walking.


After walking to Eleroo, Felix laid down and said something to Eleroo. ”They felt fear. It wasn’t from us though. Call it a hunch but we should consider what went on. East and that Swampert’s story didn’t tell the whole thing. I think there’s still hope somewhere.” Maybe someone who can explain to East’s and the Swampert’s mindset who ran away from the place and maybe had made some sort of resistance group to take back what was taken. Who was to say but if such a group and member did exist, they’d have an advantage but right now, they had to be keeping themselves alive.
Dandelion
Dandelion
Centurion
Centurion


Age : 27
Posts : 2367

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 8 Empty Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by Dandelion Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:05 pm

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 8 PahNIaG
The Great Marsh || Noon [Raining]
Eleroo 165 | | Seek 185


Shenron lit a tiny flame, nothing substantial or warming but enough of a flicker to catch Seek's gaze. Watching as it danced she drew parallels to their situation, a small fleeting group caught up in an unsafe world. Would the Pokemon find them like the rain and snuff out their lives? If they gathered more substance would they be able to fight? Would it even be worth it..? "They may not want to venture into the Marsh to follow us. Such a task befits their "warriors" since they are immune to the rot." Was that a good thing or a bad thing? Being tracked by only a few Pokemon, but they would be presumably be strong, and absolutely more versed in the landscape than them. Seek curled her claws in the peat as Shenron stoked the flame. Could they really bolster themselves against it, ready themselves for something that may not come to pass?

A sigh puffed tensely from her chest. At the end of the day, or morning for them, they just couldn't be sure.  We could already be safe for all we know. Being so presumptuous felt intentionally ignorant, and for all the effort Seek had put into attempting to lead these Pokemon she just couldn't accept that as an answer. "If their 'warriors' are looking for us we won't be able to hide from them." This place was their domain; if they needed to find something they would be the ones to call. Seek let out another sigh and rolled her head to lay her cheek against Eleroo's nape. Again, it felt like there was nothing they could do.

Eleroo brought his paws in a little bit closer, the small crackles of the fire something new to focus on outside of the endless curtains of rain. His friends sounded so.. downtrodden. Feeling defeated himself their conversation did not help lift his spirits, and what little he had he did not wish to offer. "They would not come here unless something compelled them to do so. I will watch for them, you three should certainly rest. It has been a stressful morning." Looking at the dragon the small Radeon new he was just as tired as the lot of them, if not more. He was fighting against the discomfort of the rain, and while Eleroo knew that would not bring him down it couldn't be doing him any favors. "You need to rest too," Seek acknowledged, though she doubted it would sway the Charizard's choice. Thank you. He thought gratefully, too mentally exhausted to argue or think otherwise.

Felix came closer, perhaps for warmth, or a drier spot under the broken trunk, and settled closer to the rest of them. ”They felt fear. It wasn’t from us though. Call it a hunch but we should consider what went on. East and that Swampert’s story didn’t tell the whole thing. I think there’s still hope somewhere.” Though Felix seemed to be speaking straight to him Eleroo was not inclined to respond. What he knew, what he saw told.. it was not something he wanted to think about. For him, it was a deeply personal matter, and while he should share for the sake of his friends he was not ready to talk about it. "Quiet, its rest time." Seek shushed him, spreading her wings more over Eleroo. "Their problems won't be ours once we are out of this place. We can think about them once we start moving again."
Despite her dismissal Eleroo could tell Seek was not satisfied with her own response. Those events bugged her, they bugged Felix, they wanted more. Yet they only sent chills down his spine. They already had enough, didnt they? With what they were told his friends could easily do the same to him, and it was enough to make the child shake. No. He scolded himself, rolling his head unto his cheek as well. His friends wouldn't do that to him.. With a deep exhale he murmured, "As long as there's life... there's reason to hope."
Baloo
Baloo
Rookie
Rookie


Age : 28
Posts : 805

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 8 Empty Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by Baloo Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:05 pm



(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 8 NtXit1p


Great Marsh|Afternoon (158)

Shenron nodded drawing a claw over his nose. "Their fear was from the loss of control and shattering of their world. I imagine the Swampert had perfect control before we came along" Which was not good. That type of control begged serious issues. The kind that usually had Psychic undertones. Very abusive undertones... But he wasn't privy to the wiles of the Psychic type. Only that for all their bravado, they could so rarely back it up in fights. Shenron held a large leaf over the fire warming it some and placed it at Eleroo's paws. "Here, wet paws will give you chills. You don't want to be sniffling all day" Though saying that made him wonder if immune to the rot meant immune to illnesses outright. That would be something.
"Let us not lose hope dwelling on it. Our state of mind and drive to move forward seperates us from them by miles"

ShadowCharizard
ShadowCharizard
Centurion
Centurion


Age : 37
Posts : 1681

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 8 Empty Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by ShadowCharizard Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:20 am

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 8 KugUZ7n

The Great Marsh|Noon
94

Seek meant well for them when she told them to rest. Perhaps taking a nap wouldn’t hurt. Felix gives off a yawn and rests his head on the ground before he felt some pain from his leg but it was starting to go away. What the Sylveon was thinking though was how would they escape and make it to the lake they were going towards, and who could help them as so far they’ve been treated like outsiders and outlaws by the self proclaimed rulers of the marsh. Then another thought came in, there was a Floatzel yesterday that went by but the voice was completely different from East’s and didn’t try to come in where they were. If they came across it again while they’re tired out, it either could be trouble or maybe a chance to escape this marsh. After a bit though, Felix fell asleep and started his nap.
Dandelion
Dandelion
Centurion
Centurion


Age : 27
Posts : 2367

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 8 Empty Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by Dandelion Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:32 pm

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 8 PahNIaG
The Great Marsh || Noon [Raining]
Eleroo 166 | | Seek 186


Were it not for the other sounds lingering beneath it the quiet hum of the rain was oddly comforting for Eleroo. He had had plenty of bad times in recent memory in rain, but something about being cuddled up together reminded him of days long past. Of times when he was still very small, huddled by a warm fire in the safety of the house as he listened to the drops outside. It felt so strange to think back on that time has the happy memories, when he was so pitifully weak and hopped up on drugs. He had found so much more in life recently than he ever did then, but those memories still remained very fond in his mind.

"Their fear was from the loss of control and shattering of their world. I imagine the Swampert had perfect control before we came along." Shenron theorized as he stoked the fire to small but healthy heat. "He could have had complete control, but there's no way things were perfect." Seek sighed, lifting her head to look at her friends. "You don't resort to kidnapping when things are going well. We must have been the final straw, some sort of last chance." At what exactly, she did not care; their problems were not hers, only their lasting effects. They could rationalize ever motive under the sun but it still wasn't their problem, and Seek intended to keep it that way. "Here, wet paws will give you chills. You don't want to be sniffling all day." With careful claws the dragon nudged the study fire closer to them, and Eleroo gently peeled himself from her grasp. Instantly the cold air touched where he had been but neither eeveelution reacted to it as the Radeon inched closer to the flames. "Thank you." He mumbles genuinely, carefully shuffling his paws over to allow them to dry by the heat of the flames.

The soft heat was nice, a grateful feeling compared to the the air that surrounded them. Feeling his pads dry out for the first time in days Eleroo could truly say he felt better. Something about soggy feet was enough to drag down the rest of his being, and with his pads and paws fluffing up again he could tuck them beneath himself without the fear of them taking on a chill again. With warmth both internal and external finally relaxing his body, the small boy was quick to succumb to his exhaustion, his head laying down gently and eyes finally finding peace when they were closed. "Maybe like an hour." Seek breathed, her voice sounding so far away though she was so close. "Just gotta.. decompress.."
Baloo
Baloo
Rookie
Rookie


Age : 28
Posts : 805

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 8 Empty Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by Baloo Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:41 pm

((OoC: Gonna need a skip, the site I use tp type ate my post and I was in a chat trying to recover it but they can't. Shenron is just staring thoughtfully out at the rain keeping watch for now))
ShadowCharizard
ShadowCharizard
Centurion
Centurion


Age : 37
Posts : 1681

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 8 Empty Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by ShadowCharizard Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:43 pm

OoC)) Skip, Felix is currently sleeping and doesn't hear anything.
Dandelion
Dandelion
Centurion
Centurion


Age : 27
Posts : 2367

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 8 Empty Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by Dandelion Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:43 pm

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 8 PahNIaG
The Great Marsh || Noon [Raining]
Eleroo 167 | | Seek 187


Try as she might Seek could not fall asleep. Her mind was buzzing, thoughts whirling and refusing to let her relax. The rain resulted in numerous small creaks and splashes, completely innocent sounds that jolted her senses awake regardless. Logic told her no one was coming, they vanished from the gym with a trace, but doubt lingered playfully at the edge of her mind. They hadn't moved that far and were now stationary, and if these Pokemon were hell bent on finding them they certainly could. With a deep breath Seek shifted her gaze to look at Eleroo. He had managed to fall asleep, and looked so peaceful as he rested. Even with his new evolution, something she had quickly gotten used to, she could only see the pitiful little boy that always followed her around. To think those monsters wanted to use him as cannon fodder...

The soft crackling of the fire was a welcome change from the sound of the rain. The moist air made the smoke taste stronger, but the drizzle prevented it from rising or spreading, and the Aiveon couldn't be bothered to find a complaint for the welcome warmth. As her mind refused to let her drift off Seek was painfully aware of time as it passed. It simultaneously felt like a very long time had passed and no time at all, that she was taking so long to reach a state of rest yet the time was just slipping away through her paws. Eventually, she blinked her eyes open, peaked up at the sky, and assumed her quoted time or longer had passed. Felix and Eleroo seemed to have taken advantage of the time, so it wasn't a waste, but the flying type hardly felt better.

Rising to her paws Seek winced as every muscle felt stiff or sore. The cold ground was not a good spot to rest, but they had no better options. Awkwardly shifting and stretching she she kept her dejected voice down, "We better start moving." Feeling no more relaxed, clam, or mentally recovered from that hell the Aiveon struggled to piece her thoughts together. They were still in the Marsh, without supplies, without a game plan or the luxury of well made paths. Eleroo was still sound asleep, and it as nearly a crime for her to have to wake him. Reaching out with a paw Seek pulled it back early in exchange for a gentle nudge from her cheek. Feeling the heat of his fur against her cheek as she encouraged him to wake up as he started to stir. His red eyes blinked with a blurry gaze, still hazy as his mind was pulled back into the waking world. Eleroo did not yawn, but his mouth hung open with his tongue to one side.

"Felix, its time to move." She said a bit more loudly, making sure the Sylveon was also woken up as Eleroo stumbled his way onto his paws. "Which way are we going?" Eleroo asked groggily, a paw rubbing at his eyes. With a small pause Seek looked up at the sky. The sun was well hidden by the endless clouds, but the small touches of light she had seen showed where it stood in the sky. It was impossible to tell how it was moving, and any hope at getting her baring were lost. "We'll continue going the same direction." She said confidently while turning in said direction. "It'll take us to the edge of this place one way or another."
Baloo
Baloo
Rookie
Rookie


Age : 28
Posts : 805

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 8 Empty Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by Baloo Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:49 pm



(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 8 NtXit1p


Great Marsh|Noon (159)

The peeking rays of sun did their magic upon his exhausted scales. He had rested his head neatly on his hands but did not sleep. Too nervous. Too rattled. Thankfully Seek called for them to move on. Shenron pushed himself up on all fours and stretched like some kind of great big cat. Even letting his tongue curl out of his mouth as he yawned.
"Where are we bound? The Marsh is quiet so I feel any direction would be acceptable"

ShadowCharizard
ShadowCharizard
Centurion
Centurion


Age : 37
Posts : 1681

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 8 Empty Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by ShadowCharizard Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:24 am

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 8 KugUZ7n

The Great Marsh|Noon
95

Felix was in his dream seeing a flashback of what happened back in Pastoria City. What he could see in it was that it was a nightmare instead of a dream. In it, they had surrendered instead of being teleported away. He was beginning to shake as Shenron was the first to be thrown into the water but he couldn't fly. Then Seek was next to be tossed. As for him and Eleroo, they was forced to do the biddings of East. As the two was left alone, the ghost of Seek appeared but the nightmare was fading fast as Seek's voice was coming into the main focus. "Felix, its time to move." He woke up and looked around seeing that Shenron, Seek and Eleroo was ready to go. Thank Arceus that it was just a dream. Though what was I seeing? I saw myself in it but something different. Anyways, its best not to think about it. I don't need to worry them anymore with this meaningless nightmare. Regardless of anything else, they would have to get moving soon as a likely hunting party would be already coming to hunt them down and bring them back.

Felix stretched out and moved towards the others. There was something he did need to bring up. What he noticed back in Pastoria was that there was only one Floatzel and no buizels. From what he guessed, East feared that he would be tossed aside. He'll bring it up later when they was in a safe place and they can relax. "You got a place in mind where we'll be heading to?" The Fairy type said as he was ready to go.
Dandelion
Dandelion
Centurion
Centurion


Age : 27
Posts : 2367

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 8 Empty Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by Dandelion Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:07 pm

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 8 PahNIaG
The Great Marsh || Noon [Raining]
Eleroo 168 | | Seek 188


Seek's eyes were stinging, her wings still dragging and ears low despite how intensely she was trying to listen around them. The others stirred but said little, and she could only assume they felt as poorly as she did even after their short rest. Even Eleroo seemed quieter than usual, his large yawn silent and only the shaking of his pelt made noise. With a deep breath Seek wondered if any threats lurked nearby. They hadn't seen hide nor hair of another Pokemon since being dropped here. Were they all sheltering from the rain? Glancing up at the grey sky it looked like a short break in the weather may be coming their way, but the drizzle was just as constant, and while thin the drops were still thick and heavy.

"Where are we bound? The Marsh is quiet so I feel any direction would be acceptable." Shenron asked lightly, the words a bit jarring after their silent stay. While she had already picked their direction a destination was another matter entirely. Peering off into the deep distance Seek squinted for anything other than water and plants, but the green-brown scenery seemed to strange on endlessly. "You got a place in mind where we'll be heading to?" Felix asked as well, the question valid and important, but hearing it twice yet drove home the fact that.... she didn't know. An irritating twinge picked at the back of her skull, a sort of itch she could not sate that made the Aiveon grind her teeth.

Scuffing a tussock of grass with one paw, its loose roots were easily dislodged and sent it flying. "...I don't know this place!" She admitted in an exasperated huff, painfully aware of the fact that 'lost' didn't begin to cover it. "That resort was convenient when we were in the city, but we don't know what where it is now, let alone what part of the Marsh we are in." Turning to face her party she looked at each of them wanting to scream, but the quiet of the air make her think otherwise. They were not mad, she did not need to yell... "Seek.." Eleroo soothed, his pitiful eyes boring into her with his sympathy, but she bit back any snaps. Bringing a paw to her face she took in a slow, deep breath and let it back out. "I guess that doesn't matter anymore. Right now our goal is to get out of this place, and we end up wherever we end up."

Turning once again toward her chosen direction Seek took in one more deep breath. "So.. Its best we stick with this direction until we can get some bearings." She would take anything at this point; some sort of sign they were out of the marsh, a trodden path through a route, signage, a city, even some landmark they had passed before. Its not like they had the luxury to do otherwise. Her wings ached, and she would not dare ask Shenron to bare the burden of three passengers. Her disdain for this place was obvious, but as much as she wanted to yell and vent her frustrations that was getting her nowhere. Just deal with it... She told herself while starting to walk forward, the weight of her inability weighing heavily in her paws.

Eleroo moved with a kick in his step, hurrying to follow her and even bound a few paces ahead. He didn't like seeing her like this. Legends, she had been so strong since taking hold of these other Pokemon, not acting at all like herself, but the burden was clearly taking its toll. Still.. she wasn't wrong, and while this wasn't much of a plan it was probably their best course of action nonetheless. "At least these thin trees are helping with the rain." He squeaks softly, trying to be positive no matter how down he felt. The light covering was not suffocating, and it offer them some meager cover from both the elements and the watchful eyes. ... With a slow sweep of his eyes Eleroo looked out for said eyes, eerily aware of how quiet and vacant it had been since they arrived here. "Maybe no one will see us."
Baloo
Baloo
Rookie
Rookie


Age : 28
Posts : 805

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 8 Empty Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by Baloo Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:57 pm



(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 8 NtXit1p


Great Marsh|Noon (160)

Shenron nodded curtly rousing himself and giving a few more experimental stretches to his aching body. His wings hurt still but it was not unbearable. Not the worst possible thing in the world. Still he took it slow following his companions. His eyes darting around as he kept watch. Now this Marsh held threat of dead and living. Which was worse? He could rend the undead with a swipe but... A living Pokemon? He killed to eat and protect himself... Would it be different? The better him then them mindset did nothing for him. Shenron was no senseless killer. Still... He shook the thoughts away. "If we make our way to Veilstone it could serve us temporarily. The bigger cities fell first so they would only have straggling undead who don't have the facilities to get away at most" That's what Saffron and Celadon had devolved into last time he was there. Desolate cities with skeletons of former glory. If any human were left they likely would barricade the areas off as a settlement.
"Not to mention it is home to Fighting types, nothing we could not dispatch if it came to blows"

ShadowCharizard
ShadowCharizard
Centurion
Centurion


Age : 37
Posts : 1681

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 8 Empty Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by ShadowCharizard Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:30 pm

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 8 KugUZ7n

Great Marsh|Noon
96


Felix listed to what Seek said as they was lost in the marsh. This time, they really was lost. How will they find out where they are? They Sylveon had on idea in mind. Maybe some sort of landmark. Since their enemies know this place better than them, they'd likely have some sort of way to find their way back. This wouldn't bold well if they're found."That resort was convenient when we were in the city, but we don't know what where it is now, let alone what part of the Marsh we are in." Given the fact that Pastoria is along the way would block any chances of going to the resort. Damn it, if Felix was stronger then he would have had a chance on battling East and taking the Swampert on. The other issue was that Golduck. Even though Uxie severed the link that the Golduck had on him, chances are that it could use its powers to find them quickly."I guess that doesn't matter anymore. Right now our goal is to get out of this place, and we end up wherever we end up." Doesn't matter anymore? No, he wasn't going to let them just dream of it instead of seeing it. They'll find some way to get to that resort. There has to be another way around. This Sinnoh Region is already being as hostile as the undead are.


The Sylveon looked around but nothing was around. These trees seemed to keep them from being spotted but it also goes against them as well as they can't see anything waiting on the other side. "At least these thin trees are helping with the rain." That's true, the rain isn't as bad here and Shenron doesn't have to keep his tail guarded. "Maybe no one will see us." That would likely help them if they're being hunted by East's goons.

Felix felt the temperature wasn't warm enough and the air was getting cooler but nowhere near cold enough for it to snow. "Considering that what's on the other side of those trees might be undead or hostile, I would think if there was someone on the other side would also thing the same. Maybe there's something like landmarks that would help us know where we're at." That might help in the long run but nothing looked familiar as of yet.
Dandelion
Dandelion
Centurion
Centurion


Age : 27
Posts : 2367

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 8 Empty Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by Dandelion Thu May 05, 2022 9:46 pm

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 8 PahNIaG
The Great Marsh || Noon [Raining]
Eleroo 169 | | Seek 189


Seek walked purposefully, her steps firm and head down with eyes fixed forward. This was her path, their path, and its all she had going for them. What if it was wrong...? What if she was leading them into an entirely new hell?! Tensing her muscles the Aiveon gave her wings another curious stretch, and bared the pain to lift them even higher than before. The shooting bolts were enough to make her drop them again, the wishful thought of flying them home impossible for the time being. "If we make our way to Veilstone it could serve us temporarily. The bigger cities fell first so they would only have straggling undead who don't have the facilities to get away at most."  Veilstone...? It was not a name she recognized, not that she expected to, but it was something. It was something. "Alright, we'll make our way to Veilstone once we get out of here then." Saying it allowed with a certain level of confidence was enough to relax her tense shoulders. They were not out of the woods yet, literally, but they had a destination on top of their goal.

"Not to mention it is home to Fighting types, nothing we could not dispatch if it came to blows." The Aiveon's eyes widened as she took in a sharp breath. Asura.. Their friends were still missing, spirited away by a legend who had now abandoned them as well. She had nearly forgotten after everything that had happened, and a lump pushed on the back of her throat. "Maybe.. Asura would be there...?" She speaks hesitantly, as though saying the words aloud would break the faint illusion. Uxie may have caused his disappearance, but knowing he was displaced and alone out there fell on her shoulders. "He could," Eleroo encouraged, his voice a positive squeak as he brightened at the sound of the Machamp's name. "We'd have to check though." Right, they had to get there, they had to not be in the Marsh. With a painfully fake smile the Aiveon nodded; they had three goals now.

Though he managed to speak Eleroo really didn't want to talk. Or think. He be here. Legends, the marsh was giving him horrible vibes. Those Pokemon were clearly not right in the head but their words would not leave his mind. Blinking his eyes hard Eleroo shook his head, and his small necklace bobbed and bumped his chest. Rubbing it gently with one paw he prayed they made it out before finding any sort of company. "Considering that what's on the other side of those trees might be undead or hostile, I would think if there was someone on the other side would also think the same. Maybe there's something like landmarks that would help us know where we're at." Hunching a bit closer to the ground the small Radeon tried to make himself even tinier and more hidden by the scrub. A terrible chill trickled down his spine, painfully aware of what they could find out here. "We haven't seen the station we stayed at before, or the train cars the two of us had sheltered in before that." He pointed out with a pitiful mew. "That's like.. a reverse landmark, I guess.."

"We could be on the other side." The Aiveon shrugged while hopping over a fallen log. It gave them a relative position, sort of. It felt like a life time ago that the two of them wandered into this place. Which direction had they come from..? Somewhere in the distance thunder boomed, catching the attention of both eeveelutions. A shudder wracked her body as she recalled the station they sheltered in. It had been nothing but a hell hole, and even a coming downpour would not make her stay in it again.

Still.. the thin trees they were traveling through would not last, and the meager cover was growing thinner with every few yards they covered. The ground worsened, going from soggy peat to puddles of varying depths. Peering through the trees Seek did not like the look of their surroundings; the sodden ground was growing into a true marsh in all directions, more water than solid ground, and she feared their path would come to a harsh stop. There is no way Im changing directions. As their tree cover thinned so much that the rain was undeterred the Aiveon came to a slow realization. "What are the chances we'll have to swim to get out of here?"
Baloo
Baloo
Rookie
Rookie


Age : 28
Posts : 805

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 8 Empty Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by Baloo Sun May 08, 2022 12:52 pm



(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 8 NtXit1p


Great Marsh|Noon (161)

Shenron hadn't thought of Asura. Then again he had believed the Machamp left of his own volition. Who knew where he could be? Had to still be in the region, there was next to no way to leave a region anymore. Flying types learned quick the distance was too much and being attacked at sea was a death sentence. Even teleporting the distance could be damning. Humans had their ingenuity going for them that was for sure. Flying and sailing vehicles. Shenron raised his nose sniffing. "Mmm I have no sensory memory of this place... I'm not sure we've been here. Regrettably these marshlands are huge and physicals tracks often are lost..." Its why the trees were usually tagged with hazard tape or a reflective plate on the way in and removed on the way out. Still Pokemon were known to remove those thinking they were toys... Shenron shook his head removing clinging moisture and looked ahead. "Regardless as long as we move North away from the city we'll find an exit in the form of a steep muddy ledge"
Getting over that obstacle would be an entirely different story though...

ShadowCharizard
ShadowCharizard
Centurion
Centurion


Age : 37
Posts : 1681

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 8 Empty Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by ShadowCharizard Mon May 16, 2022 5:21 pm

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 8 KugUZ7n

The Great Marsh|Noon
97

Treading through the marshlands had never felt exciting with the rain. If it was to come down heavy enough, it could flood the water that's already ponding to make things worse but so far it hasn't been as bad."We haven't seen the station we stayed at before, or the train cars the two of us had sheltered in before that." That is true, the station hasn't been in sight nor anything in particular sticks out. Now it made Felix wonder where did Uxie teleport them in this forsaken marshland? Hopefully in a sense that its the only part that isn't affected by the undead but looks can be deceiving."That's like.. a reverse landmark, I guess.." Seems like it is since nothing looks familiar at all. Thunder rumbles from a distance as they continued on. Seeing the trees just going on what seemed to be miles, it made the Sylveon think about how the mind's inner chambers tend to be a maze. This however was not a maze and seemingly the dangers are real if they're not careful. One could only imagine what possible dangers that could be hidden in plain sight. "Mmm I have no sensory memory of this place... I'm not sure we've been here. Regrettably these marshlands are huge and physicals tracks often are lost..." Physical tracks might be one way to keep them hidden from any pursuers but scent is something else if they had someone tracking by scent. "Regardless as long as we move North away from the city we'll find an exit in the form of a steep muddy ledge" Mud, if that wasn't tough enough to climb then what else would be? Snow wasn't much of an issue since he always stayed indoors when that came around. "What are the chances we'll have to swim to get out of here?" 

Felix looked at Seek and he wasn't going to lie, that was a possibility but there might be another one as well including what Shenron said. Judging by the rain though, swimming might be tougher if there is a current but most marshlands wouldn't have a current so it's safe to say that swimming across might not be an issue but there's always a first. "There might be, can't really say for sure. If we have to swim through flooded waters, it's likely that we'd have to proceed with caution in case there is a current. Though there might be luck on our side and a bridge is made to cross safely. Regardless, we should think of something in case we need to cross." Hopefully Shenron would be able to carry him and Eleroo if a strong current is a threat or if its a muddy ledge they'd have to climb up.
Dandelion
Dandelion
Centurion
Centurion


Age : 27
Posts : 2367

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 8 Empty Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by Dandelion Fri May 20, 2022 9:08 pm

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 8 PahNIaG
The Great Marsh || Noon [Raining]
Eleroo 170 || Seek 190


"Mmm I have no sensory memory of this place... I'm not sure we've been here. Regrettably these marshlands are huge and physicals tracks often are lost..." As Eleroo crept around a buckled root he primed his eyes for anything vaguely familiar. Let it be the rain or wind, or even the change in sunlight this place did not ping any sort of familiarity. "Well.. maybe its for the best?" He thinks aloud wishfully. "This place doesn't seem too traveled." Not that any of the places here had well trodden paths, something about the area struck him differently than walking beside the tram tracks. It almost felt..  forlorn, or sad, maybe forgotten? Whatever it was it hung heavy in the air like a sighing breath.

The further they walked the more the ground beneath their paws squelched. It was uncomfortably soft, just daring them to make one wrong step and sink wrist deep into icy silt. Seek's question rang true as the Radeon's fear grew. If they swam in this they would certainly catch cold, or worse. The rain was bad enough, but soaking their pelts with filthy, possibly dangerous water could easily be a death sentence. A rough swallow passed through his throat; Seek realized that, didn't she..? His pelt had grown thicker since evolving but he still feared it was too thin and unprotective.

"There might be, can't really say for sure. If we have to swim through flooded waters, it's likely that we'd have to proceed with caution in case there is a current." Legends help them, just the thought of a current made his knees weak. "C-currents?!" Without fat or fur to protect him the water could be enough to numb him completely. Too long or sudden of a swim could toss any of them into shock, and a current would easily wash them away. Without any fight any sort of tangle, branches, roots, what have you, could easily snag them and pull them under--! The Radeon took in a gasping breath, his mind racing as he forced a mantra. If we swim. We don't have to swim. It did little to quell his fears but it was enough to force back panic that threatened to drown him instead.

"Though there might be luck on our side and a bridge is made to cross safely. Regardless, we should think of something in case we need to cross." Racking her brain for ideas Seek struggled not to groan and sigh within her frustration. Perhaps if she had better ideas, if she knew how to make better plans, they wouldn't be in this mess again. "If we need to make a bridge we will, but it might not be functional." Together they could rip branches down, and maybe Shenron could fell a trunk, but what good would that do them? Meager limbs would not support their weight and a large body of water would be not crossed by a single tree (given they could even get one in place). Would we be lucky enough to find one out here..? If most of these Pokemon were water types or swimmers they would have no need for one. Would others just know a way around and be used to it, or would they have bridges in specific places?

Scanning the area she saw nothing of the sort. A sunken log, an ancient tree, a jutting boulder. They all spoke worryingly of a slip surface, one where an untrained paw could slip and fall. A tingle trickled down her spine. Was that any better than simply braving the waters? "If we have to fly, we will." A short pond or river should be possible, even for her aching wings. Multiple was another story, but she could do that much if needed.
Glancing up at their remaining trees the Aiveon tried her damnedest to think of an idea. Something, anything to prove she was trying. "But until then, implying it gets deep enough, we can look for a bridge or a spot that is narrow or shallow." It was.. the best she could do. The Aiveon's nerves were firing like mad, disappointed in her own lack of resources and resilience. Once they made it out, she assured herself, it would be fine. She'd be on stable ground and in a good headspace. They just had to get out first.
Baloo
Baloo
Rookie
Rookie


Age : 28
Posts : 805

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 8 Empty Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by Baloo Mon May 23, 2022 12:08 am



(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 8 NtXit1p


Great Marsh|Noon (162)

Shenron nodded curtly and looked ahead. "A place narrow or shallow would be beside firm earth. We best look where the scent isn't so damp" He said this while approaching and sniffing a tree. No. All wet. Or damp. His own paws squelching deep in the mud making his claws feel like curling. "If we do fly, you'll need to learn that air currents are sudden and unpredictable. Its why Hoppip and Cottonee travel in fluffles, the air takes all of them not just one" Shenron waved his paw towards the air and looked back where he figured Pastoria to be. "Especially this close to the ocean. Heated winds can and will test your turbulence tolerance" He said these things freely but the tone could be mistaken as last dying words if he wasn't careful. He had no desire to shake the already unsteady foundation their group was in.

ShadowCharizard
ShadowCharizard
Centurion
Centurion


Age : 37
Posts : 1681

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 8 Empty Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by ShadowCharizard Fri May 27, 2022 5:38 pm

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 8 KugUZ7n

The Great Marsh|Noon
98

Felix kept thinking on potential alternatives if they wasn't lucky but there was always options. Eleroo looked a bit scared after the mentioning of currents.[/Color=#ae29bf]"C-currents?!"[/Color] The Sylveon wouldn't let him get swept away nor would Seek. "If we need to make a bridge we will, but it might not be functional." Seek mentioned as they continued on. Functional might not be the word for it if the made one isn't strong enough to withstand a certain amount of weight. "If we have to fly, we will." Shenron would likely have to carry him and Eleroo at that point. Both of them don't weigh that much. Though there was one last thing that Seek said as well. "But until then, implying it gets deep enough, we can look for a bridge or a spot that is narrow or shallow." Felix nods as Seek had a good suggestion. 

He thought of something that might help out with the situation maybe Seek might consider the most. However there would be another way but its likely a tougher and more dangerous approach to it. Commonly used for rescuing those in flood prone areas and areas hit with major storms that drag in storm surge. Right now, they wouldn't have to worry to much about hurricanes moving in since its not in season yet. He would suggest it but he'd rather see if anyone would get the idea first. "We'll keep you safe Eleroo, I promise. Seek wouldn't let anything bad happen to you either." He then looked at Shenron wanting to ask him something. From what Felix has heard so far, he knows a lot when it comes to flying. "You seem to know a lot about flying Shenron. I take it you've had endured those sudden changes and if I remember correctly, heat winds being thermals? I would doubt we'd be crossing an ocean especially in these conditions but what about crossing small rivers or creeks? Unless the winds at certain altitude might be stronger and not judging if another thunderstorm comes in." Arceus forbid if a thunderstorm came in during this point of time. It would make crossing even more harder.
Dandelion
Dandelion
Centurion
Centurion


Age : 27
Posts : 2367

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 8 Empty Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by Dandelion Tue May 31, 2022 8:59 pm

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 8 PahNIaG
The Great Marsh || Noon [Raining]
Eleroo 171 || Seek 191


"A place narrow or shallow would be beside firm earth. We best look where the scent isn't so damp." Keeping her body pointed forward Seek kept tipping her face side to side. So her reasoning had been solid then, good to know. As she walked the squelching ground gave little indication of gaining more rigidity, and though she had found resolve in her words it was still concerning. "Maybe the ground slopes upward nearby." She sighs wishfully, but again, as she looked around there was little to no indication of that happening nearby.

"If we do fly, you'll need to learn that air currents are sudden and unpredictable. Its why Hoppip and Cottonee travel in fluffles, the air takes all of them not just one." Curling his claws deep in the thin strands of grass Eleroo could not help but feel queasy at the thought of flying. He had no direct fear of heights or flying itself, but the idea of being so helpless within an unpredictable storm made his knees weak. With a hard swallow he pulled a paw close to his chest and yanked the stems out with it. Turning his paw over he looked at the grass and thought on Shenron's words. Spreading his sodden toes he hopped to see the blades fly free together, like some sign of hope, but the soggy grass could not gain lift and simply stuck to his wet fur until he shook them away with a dejected sigh.

Though he tried to push the thought from his mind the fact of what he was seemed more prevalent than ever. The sick feeling sank in his stomach, horrid words still echoing in his mind, and Eleroo dared to wonder if just maybe he had become-- "We'll keep you safe Eleroo, I promise. Seek wouldn't let anything bad happen to you either." Felix's words pulled him from the dark thought, his ruby gaze quickly snapping toward the older eeveelution as he regained focus. With a sharp inhale he chased the thought away and nodded to Felix. "I know.. Its just-- I know you will." His pitiful words tried but could not come out, the hesitant sentence broken and solemn as he slowed his steps to walk more toward the center of the party.

"Especially this close to the ocean. Heated winds can and will test your turbulence tolerance." "Heated? Legends I could go for a warm breeze right now." Chuckling lightheartedly Seek longed to feel dry air once again. Giving her slick pelt a shake the Aiveon was grateful for the meager amount of water resistance she had gained from evolving, but this prolonged exposure would chill anyone to the bone. With another strained laugh the smile fell from Seek's muzzle. "Probably not the best idea to learn to fly in a storm with banged up wing gear." The bits of knowledge Shenron had given her on flight had been absolutely invaluable in her learning process, enough that she felt confident that she could fly in this storm. ...Given it didn't get worse and her aching wings loosened up in flight. Dont push them. She told herself sternly, a frightful image of herself dropping from the air into the water flashing through her mind.

As their meager tree cover finally died out their passage no longer offered even the most minimal of shelter. Obscuring shrubs and tall weeds did not allow for clear sight, and deep pockets of mud and water made for a treacherous and winding route as Seek desperately tried to navigate them across solid ground. Icy water splashed worryingly up her ankles, and though she leaped and stepped about for the toughest tussocks the water still dared to rise. A boom of thunder roared overhead, its call louder than before though she did not see the lightning preceding it. Damn it all. She cursed internally as her paw sunk into an unseen hole nearly up to her elbow.

Her torso dipped, nearly drenching her further in muddy water. With her face so close the ground the Aiveon was even more aware of how piss pour conditions were. At least we dont have company. They had not seen hide nor hair of another Pokemon since arriving back in the Marsh. Were they hiding or not around? Lowriding Pokemon could easily slink low enough to hide within these plants, or at least obscure themselves from plain sight. Righting her posture the Aiveon took a sweep of the land, fanning out her ears to catch wind of any threatening sound. No unprovoked scratches or growls, but another roar of thunder called to them, and the gushing of quick water could be heard somewhere nearby.

Straining her ears the Aiveon could gauge a general direction."The floodings getting worse," she sighed, exasperation edging her voice as she shook out her leg. The ridge of water they were edging would only deepen, their path obscured but a seemingly endless river. "We have to head for the source. Its gotta be our best bet at a bridge." Jumping on a shrub the Aiveon watched the deepest area of water near them. Its surface bubbled and rippled from the endless rain, but leaves and jutting debris told which direction it was flowing. "This way," turning them on a sharp right the Aiveon charged through the brush, her paws light with purpose as she raced. "If people walked through this place there must be safe passage somewhere, right?"
Baloo
Baloo
Rookie
Rookie


Age : 28
Posts : 805

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 8 Empty Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by Baloo Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:55 pm



(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 8 NtXit1p


Great Marsh|Noon (163)

Shenron grumbled in annoyance as he stepped slightly off path putting him knee deep in filthy water. He gave a flap of his wings pulling himself free and shook his leg off. While he'd love to soar up. Past the trees. See a way out. His wings ached in protest so he dropped back to the slightly more firm ground. "That is true. The Marsh was a human attraction, it has many safe paths and in precaution..." Shenron dropped to all fours patting the ground around him. "We used to sticks to follow firm ground. The sticks were far more useful then stumbling around. If we don't mind going slow and keeping our ears open. We may seem safe but that can so quickly and easily change..."
The Marsh was noisy as normal now. But only just now.

ShadowCharizard
ShadowCharizard
Centurion
Centurion


Age : 37
Posts : 1681

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 8 Empty Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by ShadowCharizard Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:47 pm

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 8 KugUZ7n

The Great Marsh|Noon
99

The rain continued to fall as time went on. Not only was the puddled water starting to rise up, the natural streams and mires was beginning to flood as well. Arceus only knows when the rain will begin to get heavy again and Shenron wouldn't bold too well in that as it is. Felix couldn't tell for sure where they was now. This marsh wasn't just big, it was like a maze. "If people walked through this place there must be safe passage somewhere, right?" That was usually the case but even then, human made structures was prone to erosion from the weather and poor maintenance. Then Shenron made a pretty good point with sticks as well. Maybe someone might have left some in case they've gotten lost or knows a path that's stable. Even then that might also have its hindering factors. Felix would have seen Shenron's point quite well as Seek's but hopefully the bridge wasn't eroded from the flood waters.

The Sylveon seen the flood waters starting to go well over its banks. This might not bold well at all. Thunder rumbled in the distance but was not moving towards them thankfully but even then, there would always be another to make contact. "All we can hope for is if the bridge hasn't been subjected to erosion from this weather. Not just that but the flooding is getting worse. Seek, if we can't cross that way, then we'll have follow what Shenron says. he's also got quite a good point as well." As much as they're all sore, it's likely going to continue that way until they're in a safe area to rest without the fear of any pursuers.
Dandelion
Dandelion
Centurion
Centurion


Age : 27
Posts : 2367

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 8 Empty Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by Dandelion Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:44 pm

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 8 PahNIaG
The Great Marsh || Noon [Raining]
Eleroo 172 || Seek 192


Seek could feel the ground slowly, slowly slopping upward, she was positive this time. It wasn't that noticeable, but even in her sprint she could see the water around them all running in the opposite direction and flowing into the swollen stream they were trailing. They were definitely heading toward a focal point, the starting point, somewhere they could possibly cross. Keeping a safe distance from the surging stream Seek barrelled through the undergrowth, not caring the noise she was making. As long as her paws remained on fairly solid ground she swore to her bones she was heading in the right direction.

"We used to sticks to follow firm ground. The sticks were far more useful then stumbling around. If we don't mind going slow and keeping our ears open." Eleroo's eyes widened with interest, his dangling ears giving their best effort to perk up at the base. "Sticks?" He echoed while visualizing the process. Any stick would pierce this sodden ground, but areas of resistance would be a good sign for staying on solid ground.Seek's pace was relentless, her determination, or desperation, fueling on a gungho quest that his stumbling paws did not agree with. The uneven ground and spindly plants kept catching on his fur and tail, tugging at the Radeon as she bumbled his way forward. While their tree cover was gone the low, long bladed shrubs easily made up for the amount of sticks and roots in his way, and between his frustration and curiosity Eleroo carefully felt around for a decent branch.

His paw kicked one before he realized it, a thick wooden branch with no leaves and only a few twigs at one end. It wasn't splintering, and having been washed away from its origin he had no idea where it came from, but Eleroo grabbed it quickly in his teeth nonetheless. At their pace he had no chance to test the ground and feel for the firmness Shenron had mentioned, but the possibility was there and tantalized his curiosity. "Look, look!" Seek barked, her booming voice making it over the rain and wind as she pointed up ahead. "This is definitely a pond.. or a small lake! But its long and not round." While excitement edged her call Eleroo could feel the apprehension coming from here. Would this really help them, or did she plan on having them walk completely around..?

Racing further from the group the Aiveon tore ahead. The blocking undergrowth had been worn away on well trodden paths, and she was able to get right next to the water's edge though it had long since swollen past its banks. The shore bubbled and swelled onto her paws, the heavy mud beneath its surface full of stones and stems. No.. Was it just water..? "All we can hope for is if the bridge hasn't been subjected to erosion from this weather. Not just that but the flooding is getting worse. Seek, if we can't cross that way, then we'll have follow what Shenron says." Erosion? No, no humans would prepare for this if it was annual, they would have to! "Bridges are sturdy, its our best bet before she have to go completely around." Shenron's idea was completely sound but she just, they couldn't slow down like that, not now. Scanning the large body of water she hoped, practically begged to herself to see some kind of salvation for them, something to say her logic was sound. "Theres something!" She gasps, Bounding along the shore she swore she saw something, a dark shape perhaps, and raced until she could decipher it.

It could have been fallen logs or clumped plants, but as she approached and could see clearly beneath the surface the Aiveon realized it was wood planks. Her paws splashed heavily as she walked carefully onto the sunken structure. Several inches of water covered it, reaching dangerously up her limbs and toward her elbows. Her heart raced, fear pulsing through her veins as the surging water licked at her legs and tucked her fur with the strong current. With trembling steps the Aiveon refused to back off even as the threat of being swept away increased. Whipping her head around the Aiveon could see Eleroo and the others running up toward her, Eleroo's red gaze shimmering with concern as always.

"Its... very sunk." She roared out over the driving rain and crashing water. She knew well enough it couldnt be safe to cross this. A few feet out was enough to make her feel mortal danger, but without going any further Seek could see... nothing? The churning water made it difficult to tell but the bridge seemed to disappear into nothing. Is it a dock..? That couldn't be-- Why, why wouldnt it be a bridge?! She could not tell if it was simply broken but the section she stood on felt sound, intentional, short. Her mind whirled, causing the Aiveon to backpedal before she could be dragged off her feet. Approaching her friends with a stumble she could feel herself crumpling. "Humans they.. they had to cross somehow.." This place was an attraction, yes? Trainers visited for gods know why, they would have to make it around here somehow.

Even from the safety of the shore Eleroo could not watch Seek act so flustered. When she returned to the water's edge he was at ease enough to test of his stick, and started to poke and prod along the shoreline as the Aiveon muttered intensely to herself. The ground here was soft, everything in the marsh was, but he trailed along anyway as a needed distraction. Spying pebbles and stones beneath the surface of the water the small Pokemon eyed them curiously. How much ground was being covered by the surge, lost to the flood? Poking the stick into the silt he wanted to nudge the stones but.. felt surprising dense mud standing just beneath the river. Surprised, he dared to place a paw in the icy water and poke further, and was shocked to find relatively firm ground both beneath and beyond him. "Maybe they walked through the mud?" He squeaks, poking as far as he could reach with the same result.
Baloo
Baloo
Rookie
Rookie


Age : 28
Posts : 805

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 8 Empty Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by Baloo Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:22 pm



(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 8 NtXit1p


Great Marsh|Noon (164)

Shenron approached Seek's discovery and extended a paw touching the sunken wood. Hm... !!! He recoiled shaking his hand off and snorted. "Very sunk and very water-logged... Even i it wasn't I fear it'd crack under the weight of you three much less me" He shuddered at the thought of watching the three Eeveelutions being swept down stream to a watery fate just out of reach of his claws. His attention turned to Eleroo and that was indeed a viable possibility. Straight through mud? If it was firm... Shenron felt around careful to not get his chest or stomach in the water. Yes, quite firm. "Yes, this is quite solid. Good looking out Eleroo. With a stick we'd be able to tell how far ahead of us the firm earth remains as well" He held up a hand-paw and spread his fingers out. "Just to be safe, do you know how to spread your toes when you step? Its like wearing snowshoes to displace your weight and keep you from sinking. The method works on mud too if you don't stand still too long or step in each others' pawprints"
Of course he said this from prior experience as a Charmander not a giant furnace dragon...

ShadowCharizard
ShadowCharizard
Centurion
Centurion


Age : 37
Posts : 1681

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 8 Empty Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by ShadowCharizard Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:29 am

OoC)) Skip, Felix is silent as their options are running short.

Sponsored content


(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 8 Empty Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:08 pm