Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

5 posters

(ACE) The OLIVINE Team

ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

(ACE) The OLIVINE Team  - Page 12 Empty Re: (ACE) The OLIVINE Team

Post by ShadowCharizard Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:10 pm

(ACE) The OLIVINE Team  - Page 12 9NmplNz
    Battle Tower|Midday

"I will admit, I am not exactly the expert on that myself, I was forced to evolve and never had the chance to really grasp what I am. My old master, before he passed called me a Togeren, however. My apologies though, I cannot really explain further."  A Togeren? That's unusual but maybe that would explain what he is. Now that made  Arry wonder if there was others like Xiao out there. "Stars... yes, I do. I used to spend many nights watching the skies in my old home." Arry's eyes lit up in excitement that Xiao also likes seeing the stars. He now has another pokemon to watch the stars with.

Arry ran back to Mel as he was happy and wanted to tell her what he heard. "Mel, he likes the stars too! Can we see the stars tonight if we stay close?" Honestly he wanted to show his favorite star.

OoC))Short Post, going to add more later on.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:39 pm

OoC)) Skip, Mathias simply nods to Xiao in agreement that caution is advised and Bastet stays close to Arry in case he had more questions for Xiao.
    Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Duma Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:30 am

(ACE) The OLIVINE Team  - Page 12 XiaoTogeren
    ||The Battle Tower [7th Floor] | Midday||
    ||10||
    Despite the tense atmosphere currently surrounding the group, Xiao noted that Arry was still acting blissfully unaware and more interested in his own line of questioning. It was almost endearing, though the nagging thought of when such innocence would be broken quickly sobered Xiao before the thought could reach any sort of fruition. "Mel, he likes the stars too! Can we see the stars tonight if we stay close?" Perhaps, many, many years later, such childlike wonder would have been seen as cute to the togeren. Now, all he could do was smile sadly at Arry, though it never reached his eyes. It was a shame, that their peace had to disturbed by the paranoid idea that there was something stalking the group.

His eyes slid over to Mathias at that thought, narrowing a hair. He had no place to judge this group; he was the outsider here. However Xiao was already starting to draw his own conclusions on each different member of this gathering. So far, the charizard had not earned any points in his favor. He was impulsive, and said things far too flippantly, risking the group and setting in unease that could be a death trap these days. Stirring unrest could leads to mistakes further down the line... and that can lead to death. Xiao thought bitterly, reminded of the time he failed his own village. He was supposed to protect them, and instead they all died because of his shortcomings.

He vowed to never fail anyone like that again.

His attention went to Faux as the two he assumed were the leads of their group processed Mathias's words. "We already knew we are not alone; Xiao is with us now afterall, and it would but foolish to assume he is the only one." She was calm, more level headed than Cinder, he noted. Cinder was more brash in the way she spoke, but not without thought like a certain dragon that travelled with them. Xiao huffed a soft breath, his golden eyes briefly glancing at the others of their group.

His eyes fell immediately on Etincelle, catching the nervousness in the shiny's stance, the tense way he was standing... there was fear building, something that had Xiao's feathers prickling up a little and his eyes narrowed briefly. "I didn't notice that." Once more, another pokemon who hadn't noticed Mathias's claims earlier. The togeren kept tuned into Etincelle, though his eyes this time went back over to mathias, watching the starter closely. "You really think so?" He could hear the tension in the electric type's voice, and it started to set Xiao on edge.

"We didn't see anything but something has been eating in here." Cinder's stern voice seemed to cut through the tension thick in the air briefly, giving Xiao a moment to breathe from the mounting feelings of tenseness. "We're literally scouring the place, why wouldn't we find it if the things still here?" Bitterness in Cinder's tone told Xiao that even she was on edge at the charizard's words, and Xiao lifted his head, raising onto his hild legs as he peered down the hallway on all sides to them, trying to see if there was anything. He even raised his nose to the ceiling and tried to see if there were any scents, anything he could use to confirm or deny anything.

"Theres always a chance," fear was beginning to mount in the less astute and more flighty members of their posse, once more pulling on that prickling feeling that was starting to build in Xiao's body, like a live wire slowly being imbued with more charge. "Just a moments enough to-" His eyes flicked over to the electrike as his words were cut off, noting with a soft sigh as Melanie's tails were placed over his mouth to silence the spiralling electric type. Good, at least he had someone to keep him calmer... they didn't need someone panicking right now.

"Yes," Cinder's affirmation to Xiao's words got a nod from the togeren, and his lower set of wings flared out ever so slightly to show his affimation. "Whatever it is we should be ready. This isn't a great place for a fight." Now his eyes went to the walls, scrutinizing them as possible issues when fighting. If he were forced to fight in this place, it would be difficult. He was large in stature and although he was no stranger to fighting, even he would have some trouble trying to keep himself from getting struck with any other kind of attack or even friendly fire.

His best bet would be to teleport to better ground for a fight... but what about the others? His head craned back to the rest of the group, and he breathed a low sigh. He wouldn't leave this group undefended. If they were forced to fight in these abysmal halls, he could see about teleporting them all out instead. He would be terribly drained afterwards and would be forced to rest... but he would fulfill his duty to keep others safe by doing so. It does not matter what happens to the weapon during a fight, as long as the user is protected. He thought, raising his head with a low huff. A little fatigue was nothing; he'd had far worse.

"Theres been a bad spell of luck regarding Houndooms around here. Safe to say its not a welcome thought that one could be lurking these floors." Now that got Xiao's attention. They'd had problems with houndooms before? That explained the fear and tension that cut through the group like a knife. Fear of previous traumas always seemed to hit more than a fear of an unknown enemy. Houndooms themselves were no joke to begin with; and having prior bad experiences with them only made the worry that dug into the group more understandable.

"We need to stay together. Always." Etincelle's urgent words got a soft hum from Xiao, and the togeren flicked his eyes over to Mathias, watching his reaction to the unrest he'd seemingly stirred within the group. Though he was only new to this place, he hadn not seen or heard this mystery canine, how could he so accurately guess who or what it was just by some bites and a pawprint? "No one wander off alone." He nodded in agreement to Etincelle's statement, though his eyes never left Mathias now, his thoughts starting to wander.

He seemed so sure it was a houndoom, too. Is he affiliated with the antagonists of this group? A spy perhaps? No... he doesn't seem smart enough for that. More of a brute than brain. His Espeon companion though... she lacks tact, but may be the intelligence here. Mathias clearly has a link with her; he said he was talking to her earlier before they joined us. They could be plotting mentally, something we wouldn't be able to tell. His thoughts got a furrowed brow from Xiao, but he stubbornly kept his mouth shut for the moment. He was still new here, he didn't have the right to be pointing fingers. But the longer it went on, the more his suspicions grew. His eyes bore holes into the charizard's face as he watched him, taking in each movement and how he talked. If he was lying... Xiao would try to catch him out in it. Everyone slipped up eventually.

Still, that could be determined later. "I agree with staying together. If a fight does break out, I can also see about teleporting us all out of here. It won't work long distance with many others... but it is a quick escape if we need to get out of this tower and back outside in an emergency." Xiao offered, finally pulling his eyes away from Mathias to look back at the group, hoping to offer some comfort in the tense moment.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:55 pm

(ACE) The OLIVINE Team  - Page 12 19594738_AEbZwwh0HkimsMI
    The Battle Tower [7th Floor] || Midday
    Cinder 196 || Faux 158

"We need to stay together. Always. No one wander off alone." Etincelle spoke firmly, his hurting words enough to clench the fox's jaw. If Rosko had allowed company, if she had insisted on going along with him, would it have been different? Biting down harder a shudder passed down the Vulpix's spine as she forced the thought away. There's no changing the past. They could only learn from it, and learn to live with the feeling. "Have a partner at least, two depending on the group." Cinder agreed, her gaze shifting cautiously between Mel and Arry. If this bitch was truly to violent, so swift, would a group even protect them? "I agree with staying together. If a fight does break out, I can also see about teleporting us all out of here. It won't work long distance with many others... but it is a quick escape if we need to get out of this tower and back outside in an emergency."

"That will be most helpful." With an affirmative nod the fox did her best to stay stoic, though the weight of the scene could not be fully smothered. "If its worst case scenario we will need such a fast response." Her paws had failed them, but vanishing in an instant could save them from the same fate. Letting out a tense sigh she had been holding the fox reminded herself they were getting ahead of themselves. We still dont know what it is for sure, or if its still here. Fixating her eyes on the droning hall ahead she struggled to focus on anything before them. And it could still be a random one if it is a Houndoom Rosko had been here too, and they were native to the region after all, but it was not enough to convince the fox the murder would not return to the scene of her crimes.

With a second sigh she shifts her gaze to the Quilava. She was staring intensely ahead of them, but her unfocused eyes made it clear her thoughts were elsewhere. With a nudge from her Cinder was snapped back to it, jerking suddenly at the touch and recalling where she stood. "Perhaps we should reach the end before checking these rooms? If theres another healing center it'll likely be further away, and we need to double back anyway to leave this floor."
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:38 pm

(ACE) The OLIVINE Team  - Page 12 Db6dAr2
    Etincelle 177 || Melanie 177

Melanie could feel the tension coming from Etincelle, and took a hurried step to press against his side. They did not need him to continue; the Elelctrike's pain was palpable to all, and the memory was still fresh in her mind. What an unwelcome word, let alone thought that they could be in such company. "No one's wandering off." She assured him, voice loud and firm to ensure all could hear and agree. They would need to stay close when searching rooms, not split the group over irrational fears, scout more carefully than before... "Have a partner at least, two depending on the group." Both Pokemon's shoulders relaxed a little knowing Cinder laid down the new rules with a firm hand, but Etincelle struggled to keep his positive outlook. Legends, he couldn't handle another horrible loss.

"I agree with staying together. If a fight does break out, I can also see about teleporting us all out of here. It won't work long distance with many others... but it is a quick escape if we need to get out of this tower and back outside in an emergency." The weight shifted a bit more, allowing the Electrike to take in a deep breath "Your ability really comes in handy." He coos, finding himself jealous of his power. Sprinting, running, endurance was his strength, but even the fasted paws could not complete with teleportation. "That will be most helpful." Faux agreed, the tension already starting to defuse with the calmer conversation. "If its worst case scenario we will need such a fast response." With a vigorous nod Etin could not agree more, but he could not find any further words to add.

"Mel, he likes the stars too! Can we see the stars tonight if we stay close?" Arry chirped, the strain of their chatter thankfully lost on him as he continued on whimsically. Forcing a sweet smile the Ninetales tips her snout in the direction of his voice. "Perhaps, but its a while yet before itll be dark enough." Her sense of time was strained to say the least, but the warmth of the light from the windows and tone of the eigengrau she saw was enough to give her an indication of light. "You'll have to tell me all about them too~! She chimes, a small hop added to her step.
    Legends, if only this were over, and they were lounging together beneath the night's sky. Her leg was aching, nearly throbbing if she was being honest, and Melanie was painfully aware she was the reason they were still here, why couldn't call it a success with what they had so far. Despite the pain the fox could still convince herself that a long rest and time off the leg would make a world of difference. That they could come back later, tomorrow even, when they were less rattled. "Perhaps we should reach the end before checking these rooms? If theres another healing center it'll likely be further away, and we need to double back anyway to leave this floor." Cinder proposes, making both Pokemon realize just how many they skipped. If we look now we could possibly be out sooner. Or later, if it truly was at the end. "That sounds fine. At least we'd know whats in front and behind us as we searched." The hounds agrees, adding his cents.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:53 am

OoC)) Skip, Arry is just excited and staying close to Mel.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:44 am

(ACE) The OLIVINE Team  - Page 12 UxYTNZ3

Battle Tower|Midday
    99|62

Mathias knew that houndooms can become dangerous if it was owned by someone with impulsive desires to cause harm. Hearing the bad luck of houndooms had Mathias curious on what happened. Maybe it was best though to ask when they're back to the castle. Seeing Xiao looking at him though, it made him feel maybe he said something wrong that caused him to not trust him. Mathias didn't mean to offend him. Regardless, he'll apologize for his flub up on the name. Hopefully that will get him to trust him a little.

Bastet watch as Arry continued to be as cheerful as ever. Of all the pokemon, this aron has an innocent and cheerful outlook in his life. She misses the old days when she was that cheerful. Maybe I should let loose sometime and have a little fun. I haven't played in a long time but I'll do it for Arry's sake. Maybe tonight we can take him outside to watch the stars. Hopefully the conditions are right and not cloudy. It would break his heart if it was cloudy or rainy. She couldn't bear to see him sad and not see the stars. "Say Xiao, I'm not sure if you had heard of this before but have you heard anything like a pokemon adopting another like a brother or sister?" The espeon asked out of curiosity.

Mathias then said something too Xiao hoping to ease the tensions if it occurred. "Sorry, I didn't mean to get you upset on getting your name wrong. I feel pretty embarrassed just even getting it wrong." Truthfully he still feels embarrassed for the flub up. Even his expression showed how embarrassed he was. Honestly, he wished he could say it right but he just needed time to get the pronouncement correct. 
    Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Duma Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:47 am

||11||
    There was still an uncomfortable air among the group, the tenseness that hung heavy int he air was something that he couldn't stand to feel for too long, making Xiao hope that it would pass sooner rather than later. He couldn't shake the feeling that was creeping up his back at the idea that perhaps Mathias knew more than he was letting on, he certainly acted like it. The togeren watched him closely, before his gold eyes finally flicked away, deciding to come back to that thought later, once they had more evidence.

Evidence for what, though... he didn't know. He hoped it wasn't damning evidence.

"Your ability really comes in handy." He blinked at the soft words of praise from Etincelle, noting the tones of awe. It was something that Xiao was almost embarassed of; he wans't used to being praised like that, he was only doing what he was asked to do, nothing more. He didn't need to be praised for doing his job, it was what was expected on him. Still, he wouldn't voice these thoughts, instead only giving Etincelle a polite, thankful nod. Better to just accept it, he supposed.

"That will be most helpful." At the very least, they were starting to parse to a calmer conversation. Xiao gave a nod of his head in reply, his fur and feathers starting to settle back down again. "If its worst case scenario we will need such a fast response." That if was what it banked on, though in Xiao's experience, it was always good to be prepared for the what if scenarios no matter what. Less people are killed if one is already prepared for the outcome, no matter how unlikely. He thought solemnly, letting out a soft sigh.

"Mel, he likes the stars too! Can we see the stars tonight if we stay close?" At least there was one person in their group who was blissfully unaware of the mounting tension in the group. One could always count on the innocence of youth in these times, at least. Idly, Xiao watched Arry for the moment, his golden gaze watching how the young steel type seemed glued to Mel's side. He seemed rather enthralled with her, something that Xiao found rather endearing at least.

At least it seemed, Mel was not bothered by the child's constant questions and comments. Xiao was unsure how he would take the constant questions, personally. He was never a people person at the best of times, so being in such a group was really testing his social batteries. "Perhaps, but its a while yet before itll be dark enough." He looked out the window, trying to peer at the sun through the glass. The sun was still high in the sky, so they would have plenty of time before nightfall came at least. "You'll have to tell me all about them too~! Perhaps... he could try to be social when it came to the stars later on. He could talk when he was focused on something else, something that wasn't him.

"Perhaps we should reach the end before checking these rooms? If theres another healing center it'll likely be further away, and we need to double back anyway to leave this floor." Finally, something he could respond to that wasn't mundane chatter. Xiao was not one who enjoyed being idle with his time, he needed to be doing something, he needed his body moving to feel like he was being useful. Idle hands meant people got injured, in his experience. Xiao nodded at once at the idea of moving onwards, standing and moving ahead a few steps, peering further down the hallway.

"That sounds fine. At least we'd know whats in front and behind us as we searched." He gave an agreeing hum to Etincelle's comment, his two severed wings ruffling a little as he reared onto his hind legs to get a better view of what was down the hallway. He couldn't see anything, so at least it seemed like the place was still mostly empty. He hadn't had the chance to really look around when he first teleported here after all.

The sound of feet approaching the togeren got his attention, and he blinked, looking down to see the espeon at his side, starting to talk to him. He held back his sigh of irritation for the sake of appearing nice. "Say Xiao, I'm not sure if you had heard of this before but have you heard anything like a pokemon adopting another like a brother or sister?" Was... was she asking him that, or was she expecing him to be stupid enough to not understand it? The togeren's eyes lidded a little, narrowing to almost a glare. The way she'd worded that, he couldn't tell if she was being patronizing or not.

Still, he had to be nice, he was still the newest link here. "... I have. Back in my old home it was called sworn brothers, or sworn sisters. I am... unsure why you are asking me this, though." He stated plainly, briefly glancing back at Cinder, and then to Faux, looking to see if they had any other orders for him so he could cease this pointless conversation. He was not interested in sharing stories from his past, that time was dead and gone, no amount of reminiscing would bring it back.

His avoidance of the topic unfortunately was not an order, but seemingly more pointless conversation. "Sorry, I didn't mean to get you upset on getting your name wrong. I feel pretty embarrassed just even getting it wrong." Still with that? Xiao's eyes narrowed again, this time into a glare as he let out a long, slightly irritated breath. He'd already said it was fine, why was it still being brought up? Now it seemed like the charizard was trying to get under the togeren's skin. He turned away instead, focusing his eyes ahead to where they were going.

"As I said before, it is no matter. Many people get it wrong, you will learn in time. Perhaps listening to your companions say it may help you learn to say the word properly. You do not need to constantly apologize to me." He stated curtly, tilting his head to look back at Mathias once he was done with his first statement. "Now, may we please cease the apologies for something I have already moved past from? We were given a task, I would like to complete it without further distraction."
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:39 pm

Cinder 197 || Faux 159

"That sounds fine. At least we'd know whats in front and behind us as we searched." Cinder nodded to the response, but the single answer did not fill her with confidence. Did the others not care, or did they see it as a nonissue? Tilting her head slightly to the side the Quilava snorted as she knew the answer; they did not wish to oppose her. As the team walked they made good progress, the length of the pathway feeling much shorter than their prior venture, though she knew that was simply from not checking each space they passed properly. A side glance in open rooms and nothing more, no need to check when they only has one need remaining.

Still, a sense of unease had settled along her spine. The thought of a Houndoom, the Houndoom bring around was enough to make her pulse race, and she wanted out of this place as soon as they were able. The chatter had mostly died back, leaving the Pokemon alone with her thoughts, but when it returned she felt a punch in her throat. "Say Xiao, I'm not sure if you had heard of this before but have you heard anything like a Pokemon adopting another like a brother or sister?" Sheer bewilderment froze the Quilava's steps, her legs going stiff and making for an awkward gate as she stared with wide eyes full of disbelief. Cinder could not stop the heavy sigh for wheezing out of her maw, a disappointed shake of her head accompanying the paw that pinched between her eyes.

Faux turned her head to see the her reaction play out physically on the starters face; why in legends names would she ask that? Xiao's response was much of the same, his tone taking on irritation for the first time. "Now, may we please cease the apologies for something I have already moved past from? We were given a task, I would like to complete it without further distraction." Faux could feel his annoyance, the change in his stance, the slight edge to his tone and breath as well as the obvious dismissal to the chatter directed at him. Lest she let the pair continue this unknown game, or allow Cinder to go on a rampage, her own growling words cut them short. "Is this really the time for such obvious questions? You answered it yourself by calling it adopting, and I already told you family is who you choose and not those bound by blood alone." She huffed, flicking her tails and eyeing Cinder's twitching expression. Bastet had proven multiple to say whatever came to mind, but Faux expected such a superficial thought to have come from Arry.

"Seriously? That isnt some radical concept; its pretty commonplace, especially in whats left of this world." Cinder huffed indignantly before forcing her attention back to the path before them and saw it was already coming to an end. Good, back to the task at hand, she thought initially before realizing the mass amount of light filtering in from ahead of them was coming from a pair of elevator cars.
    "Christ.." she gasps seeing the cracked glass, glass thicker than most the walls surrounding them, and one elevator car that was completely broken and fallen. Minor fragments of glass dotted the carpet where the panes were chipped, though they were structurally whole still. "Well, we arent going down on this side." She laughs anxiously, hoping to lighten the mood as she eyed down the bend in the hall. It held little to no interest, barely holding room for two doors before coming to an abrupt end, though it looked filthy and scarred like the elevators. "Guess we start heading back and searching then. Nothing can come up behind us at least."
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:00 pm

Etincelle 178 || Melanie 178

The conversation tipped a bit unfavorably, with odd questions and dead comments returning for something frustrating and stagnant. Etincelle found himself shuffling his paws as he walked, making his gait uneven as he tried to tune the others out. Though adoption was not the right term for them the chatter had reminded him of his dear sister. They had bounds of blood so the ties were true, but having not known her all his life there was some part of him that made her feel like chosen family... a family a longed to find once more. With a shift of his shoulders he felt the Thunderstone shuffle, its uneven surface comforting and unique.

Their awkward walk seemed to come to a sudden halt, the path ending much quicker than the other hall. The windows came to an end, signs displayed on the walls with meanings he would never understand, but before them was something he did understand; it was another elevator. The fancy glass shuttles looked just like the ones they had come up in, except these were in considerably terrible shape. The thick, sturdy glass was scoured with claws marks and spider vein cracks. "By the Legends," he breaths though clenched teeth, sniffing deeply to scent for any lingering threats. "Im glad the one we came up in didn't look like this.."

Looking up at Melanie he could see her ears were even more primed than usual, her inferring ability running on overdrive for context. Approaching the glass box the Electrike recoiled upon being able to see below it, and worse, that the second car to its side was no where to be seen. "Good gods." Broken cables, cracked glass, back splatters of who knows what stained where the elevator car used to be. Sniffing, the pungent smell of oil and rot covered all, but it did not seem to be fresh. The bright sun shone through the cars and bounced off all the glass, along with a few scattered shards on the ground. "Careful Mel," he warned, "drag your paws; theres glass around here." The Ninetales nodded in thanks but said nothing, her thoughts racing at to what state the assumed elevator was in.

"Well, we arent going down on this side." Cinder states, and a similarly awkward snort wheezed from Etin's maw as he led Melanie carefully around the glass. "Something really didn't want Pokemon coming, or going I guess." The fox commented, though Etin could only shake his head in dismay. "It looks old though, so that something shouldnt be around at least." Still, much like the mess that was the lower floors it was concerning to know such violence had taken place here. "I wonder if it happened inside the box. There isnt much damage or signs except immediately around it." At the victims fallen with it, or trapped the assailant? A shuddering thought, and one the Electrike pushed past to turn the corner past the elevators. He was met with a very quick dead end, the signs of the battle he dismissed now showing though it told little of the actual story. "Guess we start heading back and searching then. Nothing can come up behind us at least." Cinder told them, and while he had agreed to this very plan the hound suddenly felt awkward about doubling back.

Nudging Melanie he helped the fox turn and back away from the grass strewn carpet. She moved with careful steps, cautious and sliding to avoid the pinpricks, but it was her ears that held the most focus. They were tense, practically quivering as they adjusted to the tiniest sound and noise. Something had caught her attention, some faint noise that was both distant and close, but the electric Pokemon was none the wiser. Tipping his snout up toward hers Etincelle wondered what she was so focused on that she had not paid attention to the rest of them, but he did not wish to break her concentration so directly. Instead he released a light breath as he tried to hype the team. "Alright, healing room, lets find it and end it!"
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:05 am

Battle Tower|Midday

Arry had no idea what the adults was talking about but something didn't feel right. It was as if there was a bad pokemon roaming around and stalking them. Looking around though, he couldn't see anything that would hint of that. Maybe he was just afraid of this place. "This place is starting to get scary.... There's a bad pokemon hurting others isn't there?" Arry asked as his voice was sounding as if there's a fear he isn't wanting to talk about. Though he must be brave for Miyu when she comes back, he has to.

OoC)) Short post again, can't really think of much today.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:56 pm

Battle Tower|Midday
    100|63

Mathias was making a fool of himself and it wasn't good for anyone. It was annoying Xiao and everyone else, not mention Bastet was getting annoyed with Mathias' behavior. The Charizard no idea he was overdoing it. The fire type needed to stop with his foolishness and get his head back into the game but his worries made it difficult for him to think clearly and he knew it made a bad impression of himself to others.

Bastet with a very annoyed look to her looked at Mathias and finally told him herself. "Stop it! You're acting like a child Mathias, he said it's not a problem! Now let's just focus on the task at hand before it gets late and we have to abort our search." Even though she could say more to him, she still cared about him and is worried about his well being. "It's okay Arry, we won't let any bad pokemon hurt you. Remember what Faux said, be a brave boy, do it for Miyu, can you do that sweetie?" Bastet said softly to the Aron. The eeveelution could tell that there was a fight here that went into chaos. damage to the elevator they came up to in at the end of one hall. All she knew was there was definitely fatalities that happened from the bloodstains that looked old and oil. What happened in this tower? Was there a trainer that had no idea of a pokemon that was infected?

They start heading back and with the morale of the team a bit off, Etin lightens the mood up. "Alright, healing room, lets find it and end it!" Hopefully there will be plenty of medical supplies in there. Bastet then looked at Mathias before psychically communicating with him to at least cheer him up. From what she can tell, something is bothering him. Mathias, sorry I snapped at you like that. What's gotten into you lately? I know you're worried but please just wait on telling us what's going on once we get back to the castle. Okay? Please big brother? Mathias then nods in return to her that he'll relax. Okay Bast, I'll do it for you. You said that you'll work with me right? Help me get his name said correctly if you could. 

The Charizard calmed down and straightened out. "What would be the chances of the healing room being the mother load of medicine? I mean, if we're lucky, we could have more than enough to last a while." If luck wasn't on there side and it was moved, then they'd have to proceed to the next floor sooner than expected.
    Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Duma Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:35 am

((Still feel like ass lol, ended up getting covid. But I can think clearly and type up a reply now.))
    ||12||
    At the very least, it seemed like his sudden snap at Mathias wasn't taken harshly by the others. If anything, they seemed to agree with his irritated response to both the charizard and espeon. That gave Xiao more to think about with how the group seemed to think about the aforementioned pokemon, his golden eyes back to watching Mathias and Bastet as he thought to himself. "Is this really the time for such obvious questions? You answered it yourself by calling it adopting, and I already told you family is who you choose and not those bound by blood alone." At the very least, at least he still had Faux and Cinder to agree with, that was the most important thing to the togeren.

"Seriously? That isnt some radical concept; its pretty commonplace, especially in whats left of this world." At the very least, they were moving again. Xiao let out a soft, relieved breath as they started to walk on, easily falling back into step a little behind Cinder and Faux. His eyes scanned the path ahead of them, noting with at least a hint of relief that the hallway ended just up ahead. Though from what he could see, there was far more light filtering through, and Xiao could feel his hackles start to rise a little. Something didn't seem right here...

"Stop it! You're acting like a child Mathias, he said it's not a problem! Now let's just focus on the task at hand before it gets late and we have to abort our search." He was jerked from his thoughts as Bastet snapped at Mathias, jerking his head over to look at them, golden eyes transfixed on the starter and eeveelution. His eyes narrowed and Xiao's mouth set in a frown, brows pulling closer together. You're just as much at fault as he is. You also say things that don't have anything to do with the situation, you're not blameless here. He thought, wings flicking a little bit as he shook his head to try and chase away the distracting thoughts, wanting to focus on the task at hand.

No sooner than he did, their party had stopped in their tracks. "Christ.." Peering carefully over Cinder at the elevators ahead, Xiao felt that worrisome feeling from before come back with a vengeance. His fur and feathers prickled up a little further, and he tilted his head as Etin voice a similar exclamation of surprise, "by the Legends." Xiao hummed out his own soft agreement, carefully stepping forwards and around some of the glass shards to sniff at the elevator, peering down the shaft where the matching car seemed to have fallen down.

Just what could have done this damage? He reared up to carefully trace a few of the claw marks with a finger, his eyes narrowing as he thought about it. Something clearly didn't want anyone using these, but why were these ones broken and unusable while the other cars that they'd come up in were seemingly still functional? "Im glad the one we came up in didn't look like this.." Etin's soft comment only confirmed his thoughts, and he frowned, looking down at the glass cars with more of a frown. That feeling of unease still refused to shift, and it was making Xiao tense.

"This place is starting to get scary.... There's a bad pokemon hurting others isn't there?" The child's voice got a slight glance back from Xiao, looking over at Bastet as the espeon moved to reassure the young aron, "it's okay Arry, we won't let any bad pokemon hurt you. Remember what Faux said, be a brave boy, do it for Miyu, can you do that sweetie?" Xiao had to bite his tongue to stop from snorting. What a thing to say to a child in this situation... perhaps it would work to calm them down, but Xiao never saw the point in coddling others. Pulling wool over the eyes of the ignorant would only further spread that ignorance.

Perhaps that was why he never was good with kids, he would end up hurting their feelings too easily. Fragile things, children... Xiao always found it hard to commisserate with them, especially with how jaded he was to the world.

"Careful Mel, drag your paws; theres glass around here."" Etincelle's voice cautioning Mel dragged him back to the task at hand, reaching to pick up one of the shards of glass off the floor, turning it carefully in his hand. There was old blood and oil splattered across the clear piece, telling of a battle long past that left these cars in such a state.

At least, they were trying to make light of the situation. "Well, we arent going down on this side." Xiao hummed softly in amusement and agreeance, placing the glass shard back on the ground as they all seemed to come to the unanimous decision to turn back. There wasn't anything else here after all, may as well start heading back.

"Something really didn't want Pokemon coming, or going I guess." Xiao nodded, watching as both Cinder and Etincelle seemed to look further down the hall, to no vail. So, it was a dead end here, then. "It looks old though, so that something shouldnt be around at least." Xiao could only hope that whatever had done this wasn't around anymore, however little that may help. He wasn't much for hoping these days after all.

At least, the fact that these weren't working anymore said that there wouldn't be anything coming up that way as they returned back. "Guess we start heading back and searching then. Nothing can come up behind us at least." Xiao turned as the group started to double back, looking over the group briefly. While everything seemed fine for now, something caught his attention that once more bright up that nagging feeling the togeren was having.

Mel's ears were high, alert and seemingly catching something that the rest weren't. Xiao watched her for a moment, then flicked his eyes to her stance and how she was walking. Those that were blind always had hightened other senses... what could she hear that they couldn't? He went to open his mouth to ask, but was cut off with Etin's excited bark to hype the group up, "alright, healing room, lets find it and end it!"

Hm. Perhaps he would ask in a moment, then, once they were moving.

Carefully dropping back to walk a little closer to Mel, Xiao kept his eyes forward as they walked, though there was a slight hint of annoyance in the way his eyes lidded as Mathias spoke again. "What would be the chances of the healing room being the mother load of medicine? I mean, if we're lucky, we could have more than enough to last a while." Wishful thinking indeed... but perhaps that was what they needed right now, the hope that they'd hit a big score.

Xiao hummed softly, before flicking his eyes over to Mel, this time falling into step with her, his voice soft as he addressed her. "You can hear something, right? Your ears are alert and quivering. May I ask what it is?" He asked gently, carefully moving so that he didn't get in her way as they walked along back down the hallways.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:00 pm

Cinder 198 || Faux 160

"This place is starting to get scary.... There's a bad Pokemon hurting others isn't there?" Clenching her teeth Faux held her tongue; Bastet was quick to coddle the boy but she avoided his actual question as she pacified him. While Etin had called the scene old she could understand that not being a comfort, especially without a clear outcome to the assault. Did the victim get away, had the Pokemon known each other, where were the bodies and which way did they head? Even the dead end offered little outside of more gruesome stains from a fatal battle.  

With some quick steps the Faux turned away from the scene and the past. They had an objective to finish and no energy to waste on hypothesis. "Alright, healing room, lets find it and end it!" Etincelle cheered, the positivity encouraging as they pushed the horror aside. The fox nodded, but hurrying her steps to join in the search, something she had been unable to do prior on this floor. Bounding ahead to an unoccupied room she was not surprised to find a basic battle hall, its state mimicking many of the ones they had passed on the way to this point, but she entered to prudent and check it for any curious finds.

"What would be the chances of the healing room being the mother load of medicine? I mean, if we're lucky, we could have more than enough to last a while." For half a step Cinder felt her body tense and gait jerk awkwardly. Despite her best efforts thinking of those two as part of a 'we' or 'us' still refused to settle. Admittedly, her misgivings were misplaced, as they gave plenty of other reasons for frustration and did not seem prone to theft or collusion.
    "Low at best." Faux sighs with the weight of reality as she reemerged empty-pawed, taking the weight of a response away from the other fire type. What these Pokemon had already found was a miracle in itself, asking for more would be a fools errand. "With what little was left in any one spot around here there is no chance a scavenger would leave a 'mother load' behind." The low floors had been all but pillaged, and even the haul they had found here was little compared to the stock a place like this should hold.

With a tense breath in Cinder lingered at the back of the group. Her skin was crawling, unnerved by the scene they had ended this journey on. This entire building had been pretty barren, showing the worst signs of past trauma compared to the others they had explored. What had happened here, where were the Pokemon that had sheltered here, how long ago was this? Her mind raced with questions though she did not really want the answers to them. If the building remained uneventful it'd be too soon, but gods could she hope for it.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:32 pm

Etincelle 179 || Melanie 179

With a hitch in his steps Etincelle practically pranced forward as he sniffed and searched. He felt good about this, about the chance at finding more and being able to head out soon. A dead end was less than comforting, but it offered some solace knowing they could not head deeper [at least this direction]. If this section came back empty handed, would Cinder push them onward? He looked back at Mel who was moving slowly in the hall. Her limp was calmed by the small steps, but he knew full well they had to find this place for her before they left. If they didn't, would he had to be the one to push them onward..? With a sigh he turned into a room and gave it a thorough but disappointing search. The room was particularly bad with irritating particles and debris, but he still gave it a look through all the same.

"Nada," he barks while gently pushing the door closed with his back paw. It went without saying the room was empty when he emerged empty pawed, but he felt the need to confirm it regardless. Shaking out his pelt to dislodged any clinging cobwebs or dust he pranced forward and started to sniff the floor. It was purely out of habit, checking for fresh scents that only came back stale. How long had it been since any Pokemon had been this way? Their eerie finds, which way had it gone, the opposite of the T they had turned at? It mattered not, as the Electrike truly wanted to believe it was no longer here, and continued on to another unsearched and uneventful room.

The fox walked with slow, absentminded steps. She was hardly moving, her pace so slow that she would never stray from the other Pokemon as they searched and moved forward periodically. With a quivering flick of her ears they turned and tuned for the slightest disturbance, searching for the proper direction to pinpoint her charge. The footsteps of another getting close to her were nearly missed, her focus elsewhere and the voice catching her off guard though she did not flinch. "You can hear something, right? Your ears are alert and quivering. May I ask what it is?" Xiao was not the Pokemon she had expected, yet his soft and inquisitive voice did not spark alarm or break her concentration.

"Above us," She whispers to him, her voice so soft that she could still listen over herself.  "There's something.. moving..?" No, that didnt quite explain it. The sound of footsteps was fast, too fast even. Multiple 'paws' hitting in an almost unnatural rhythm, as if they were-- "Or is it pacing? Or, maybe, gods are there multiple things?!" Saying the words aloud was enough to make her heart rate quicken, and explained the number of soft taps that did not seem to beat correctly for a normally moving entity. In a place made for battle she could assume there was some level of sound proofing so fights did not disturb each other, but with all the wear on the building it made sense that sound still managed to penetrate. "Theres others, right here." She gasps a bit louder, her focus shifting to the implications of her discovery.

Last edited by Dandelion on Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:14 am

Battle Tower[7th Floor]|Midday

Bastet tried to reassure Arry that he would be safe but what if there was something waiting for them. Like an undead ready for the chance to ambush them. He even remembered all the pokemon that his trainer had that sacrificed themselves to protect him. Arry didn't want the same thing to happen with these pokemon as well. The steel type also remembered a houndoom had had bloody chunks of meat coming out of the castle, staring right at him and running towards a tower. Since there is one tower which was this one, Arry had hoped it wasn't this tower but the way Mel was listening around wasn't helping his fear at all. His heart was beating a bit faster from what they will find. "M-Mel?" Arry was staying very close to Mel trying to calm down again.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:22 pm

OoC)) Skip, I can't think of anything for Mathias or Bastet to say.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:57 pm

Cinder 199 || Faux 161

Cinder's skin would not stop crawling. Was it because she was so idle? While she was not necessarily content to watch she felt the need to do so, to linger in the back and make sure nothing crept up from the hell behind them. How it would do that didn't matter; the thought was unpleasant enough that she could not think otherwise. For once, she was not setting a pace, allowing the others to search as quickly as they would, and found that they were moving quickly due to the lack of anything interesting. It was disappointing, to say the least, and burned her knowing she made a bad call to take them to the end before exploring the rooms. "Nada," Etincelle shrugs after another failed venture, and it pressed the stone in her belly down a little bit further.

What if this side had nothing? What if they found their vaunted room but it was ransacked to hell and not worth the time? It should not matter; they'd only be losing time that they could afford, but the unnerved Quilava could not shake the foreboding feeling. Tossing her head back she gave a forlorn glance at the bloodied elevator that was quickly shrinking away. At least it would only be time that they wasted..

With an awkward snort and sneeze Faux huffed at the feeling of dust on her muzzle. She had peered in a cabinet for good measure after something caught her eye, but found naught but dust bunnies. Swiping her muzzle as clean as she could of any chocking particles she hurried forward and pushed than unsavory moment behind her. Her trot was quick, wanting to make quick work of this last stretch, but she came to a halt as she saw Xiao and Melanie whispering to one another. It was not odd per say, but just unusual enough that she swiveled her ears to listen, focusing in on the soft sound of their voices. "--is it pacing? --- maybe--  multiple things?!"

Something was distressing the Ninetales, the words concerning enough on their own without context, and the smaller fox saw it fit to interrupt and console her. She turned on her heels, making it about four steps before the fox continued with a louder and more fervent, "Theres others, right here." Hackles raised, the Vulpix was instantly on guard. What others, were they under attack?! Seeing nothing, she followed the Ninetale's muzzle and primed her ears toward the ceiling, but could hear nothing that alarmed her like-- The fox's thoughts came to a harsh stop as a creaking, groaning sound stared to whine from above them. It was not a voice or a call, but something more harrowing as it spread out above them. "Move, now!" The fox roars, tails raised and voice bellowing with urgency.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:03 pm

Etincelle 180 || Melanie 180

While he was not losing hope Etincelle found himself wanting of a find, of validation for coming this way and more so finally having proper relief for Melanie. Giving his pelt an apprehensive shake he wondered, when they found the next room, if they would be able to use it? That was the goal right, to use the room rather than scavenge from it? The wild Pokemon had no idea or understanding of the concept, but he knew he would learn soon enough. Well, once they found it. With a deep breath in he steadied himself, steeling his resolve to find this place as he continued to walk and sniff.

Still, he worried, not for himself but the limp that Melanie was burdened with. She should be resting, keeping the leg still and straight as it healed, yet as he looked at her he could see the bow where she kept it raised, his hack job at a split holding surprisingly well. With a frown he hoped that pain would not last much longer, her expressing telling of.. what? With a blink he did a double take, noticing the fox's visage was twisted not with pain and agony but alarm and stress. Had something happened when his back was turned?! Mel? Xiao was there, she should not be lost if that was the case, though even that seemed unlikely given their straight path. With hurried steps the Electrike started to make his way toward her, but he was stopped by an assault to the ears.

The sound, could they not hear it?! Panic swarmed the fox, the scuttling, scurrying sound of feet suddenly too much as it resounded above them. "Theres something above us!" She screams more clearly, stamping her good front paw against the ground dramatically, but it could no longer hide. A groaning, like something massive being made to bend, rumbled above them, so all-encompassing the fox was shrunk to the ground. "M-Mel?" Arry's small voice was right beside her; how had she not noticed, how had she missed him? Her tails moved around him defensively, the omnipotent groan clear to all as its volume increased in those seconds. "Mel??" Etincelle called out to her as well, but his voice died away behind the the whining and Faux's yowl, "Move, now!"

Etincelle bolted forward, his lightning fast paws making a beeline for Melanie. Faux's warning gave him a chance to react but the ceiling made clear the eminent danger as bits of debris and dust started to shower down on them. Reaching her, he stayed close to her flank as the pair moved in unison. Each passing second brought more grit raining down, and the pair had broken into an awkward run as the whines turned to cracks as lines formed on the quivering ceiling. For a moment it seemed it would go no further, but after another heart beat the ceiling gave way and started to collapse in on them.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:43 pm

OoC)) Skip, Arry is staying close to Mel as he is afraid.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:29 pm

Battle Tower|Midday
    101|64

Even though Mathias felt the need for some hope, he knew what Faux said was true. What if there was that spec of a chance that would happen? Soon a noise had disrupted the thoughts that Mathias was having. Looking up, there was cracks forming on the ceiling. At first the Charizard thought nothing of it until the noises was getting more louder. Seeing Bastet, she ran immediately. That's when it hit the charizard. The roof was about to collapse. The Charizard started running with the supplies as the debris from the cracks started to sift through. At first it was dust but the cracking sound was getting more intense.

Bastet was running as fast as she could to get clear of the falling debris. Of all the things she'd expect, this wasn't one of them. Normally buildings like these are sturdy to hold even the heaviest of pokemon but some of the floor above is giving way from its own weight. which made it more dangerous. "Damn it, this is not what I was expecting today!" The Espeon exclaimed to herself quietly. Looks like the next floor is no longer an option and that would mean the floor above the next is likely to be the next stop.

Mathias caught up with Cinder and Faux but looking behind he seen Arry struggling to keep up. Mel and Etin was ahead of them. Even if he was able to get ahead of them, there wouldn't be enough time to put the supplies down and grab Arry. He just couldn't make it in time. "Shit, someone grab Arry! This entire section of the hall is about to be blocked off!" His tail flame was growing in size as the adrenaline was kicking in. What went from dust became chunks of debris. It won't be long before the area caves in.
    Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Duma Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:29 am

||13||
    Despite the fact that they all seemed to be in alright spirits, there was something about the aura about them that just felt off to the togeren. His eyes thinned and he scanned the halls, keeping pace with the ninetails beside him. As the others wandered about and declared empty hands on looking into rooms, Xiao's attention was on Mel. Her ears were still focused on something that he couldn't see himself, and that was the unknown that held his attention. What could she hear?

"Above us," His head lifted a little at her hushed whisper, eyes going up to the ceiling. Above them... his eyes narrowed and Xiao slowed his pace a little, rearing onto his hind legs to stretch closer to the ceiling, straining his ears to listen. "There's something.. moving..?" Faintly, he could hear the shuffling of an uneven footfall. His brows furrowed, pupils thinning. This couldn't be right... the footfalls were too uneven, even for a single body...

Mel it seemed, came to his same conclusion. "Or is it pacing? Or, maybe, gods are there multiple things?!" Multiple others... yes that matched better with the faint sounds he was hearing. But what else did that mean? Were they in danger? Given the look of the blood on the elevator... Xiao didn't feel like finding out. The last thing they needed was a fight, especially in such close quarters. The collateral would be devastating.

"Theres others, right here." No sooner than the words had left Mel's mouth, another feeling, this one of pure, unadulterated danger washed over Xiao. His short fur raised and feathers started to puff outwards, his eyes widening and head snapping up. The sound had morphed, twisted to a groan that was accompanied by a more desperate sound of feet shuffling. The roof isn't stable--

No sooner than the thought had crossed Xiao's mind, everything started to go wrong. "Theres something above us!" Mel's loud declaration and stamped foot spurred Xiao into overdrive, his eyes darting about to take note of everyone else and what they were doing. Next came the groaning, cracking noise from above them, as the roof gave the first shudders of failing.

"Mel??"
    "Move, now!"

Xiao's body spurred into action as the command was barked out, all four wings flaring out to full length and rearing to his hind legs. He slammed himself back down onto all fours with a burst forward of speed, his Extremespeed ripping through the space and getting him out of the way as soon as the first crumbles of rubble started to rain down, followed by the cracks of plaster and failing structural roof. He stopped to take note of where everyone was, his eyes going from Cinder, to Mel and Etin, to Faux--

"Damn it, this is not what I was expecting today!" There were Bastet and Mathias... We're missing one. Xiao thought, his blood turning to ice in his veins. He could see the ceiling about to cave now, and Arry-- "Shit, someone grab Arry! This entire section of the hall is about to be blocked off!"

"Stay back!" There wasn't time for the others to turn back and get him, Xiao realised. He would have to act fast to get the little aron before he was crushed to death.

He was too slow, Arry would get crushed if he didn't get help to move. Xiao planted his feet on the ground again, kicking off with a flare of feathers and a flash of green energy as he raced back under the collasing rooftop to tackle Arry into his grip, curling around the little Aron in time for the rooftop to completely collapse in on them. Xiao had just enough time to kick his Teleport into action before they were both flattened, disappearing with a brilliant flash of teal energy and feathers.

He reappered beside Cinder and Faux, gripping Arry in his hands, held close to his chest and breathing heavy. Teleporting with so little time to think where he was going was dangerous... but he had no time. It was all he could do to get Arry out from under the rubble before the aron was buried underneath it. The worst the two of them got from the ordeal was dust settled onto both of their bodies. "He's safe, I got him in time," Xiao reassured the group, though his eyes were locked ahead, dead on where the roof had collapsed. Mel had said there were others. That meant that surely they were about to have other pokemon to interact with.

Somehow, Xiao wasn't too sure they would be friendly.
    ((I had permission for Xiao to grab Arry))
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:41 pm

Cinder 200 || Faux 162

Faux's voice echoed in Cinder's ears but the message seemed to fizzle away, unneeded, as the ceiling screamed out in agony. Her golden eyes watched as thin cracks formed like streams and swelled into massive rivers that let their roofing give away, the debris quickly changing from small little chunks to massive, deadly pieces. As a chunk struck her in the skull the Quilava was released from her petrifaction, and bolted forward before another much larger piece could fall upon her. "GO!" She roars, though all paws were already moving in a fluttered panic.

The twisted groans only grew louder as the ceiling came down, small and large chunks alike falling atop them. Barreling forward the Quilava was in full survival mode, barely evading dust and debris as she raced out of the impact zone. Behind her Faux was quick to follow, her path blocked by a massive boulder of material she barely leaped to the side of. With each impact dust and powdered drywall filled the air, blinding the Pokemon as they moved for their lives. "Shit, someone grab Arry!--" Both fire types perked panicked ears, but in those heartbeats it was clear neither of them could act; Cinder was too far along and would not make it in time, and Faux was too small to move the boy though she altered her course nonetheless. Within a couple steps more debris fell between herself and the Aron, nearly crushed the fox in the process as she was forced back. "Arry!" She exclaims, no longer able to see the boy and praying he had not been hit as another piece falls upon her.

"Stay back!" Xiao's voice roars above the cacophony, and as Faux stumbled forward she saw a glimpse of his black feathers where the steel type had been moments before. Coughing on the dust the fox continued to run, all her faith placed upon their newest companion as she escaped the impact zone and made it up to the other fire type. In that same moment the black feathers flashed back, reappearing beside them and out of harms way as the majority of the ceiling finally came free. That Xiao reassured the child's safety the fire Pokemon could hardly hear him over the crashing hall. Dust rose worse than before, clouding the hall in an eerie, gritty 'mist' as it attempted to settle.

The whole event must have lasted only a few seconds, less than a minute, but it seemed to stretch on for a lifetime as the Pokemon tried to process what had happened. Faux shook the powder from her fur. "Everyone alright?" She asks, nosing her away over to see Arry for herself and verify his safety. Turning around she looks at Cinder, the Quilava did not respond. She stared with wide, unblinking eyes into the faux fog as shadowed figures stood up from the rubble.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:42 pm

Etincelle 181 || Melanie 181

"GO!"

The pair ran in sync, their steps panicked and quick as they bolted forward. Though her ears heard every horrendous snap, crack, whine, and crash, the fox was completely in over her head at the level of instant sound. It seemed to surround them, a sudden downpour of noise and smells that blinded her remaining senses. Panic seized her thoughts, and were it not for the light brush of Etincelles fur she would have stumbled over her own paws in stress. Running forward purely on instinct she tried her best not to react to any crumble or shrapnel that struck her. There was no hope for her to dodge, and while she tripped and kicked what fell Mel knew she had to move, to go, even if she had no idea how far until she was out of the ceilings reach.

"Shit, someone grab Arry!

Mathias' voice sent a new panic throughout the Electrike. His paws buckled, and falling behind Me he turned to look back at the chaos. Running and speed were his traits, his strengths, but before he made it three steps Xiao shouted, "Stay back!" and was faster than the electric Pokemon could ever dream to be. Placing his trust in their new friend Etin turned on his heels and bolted after Mel, a Quick Attack fueling his paws to catch up to her large strides. "Mel stop, you're safe!" He barked over the noise, the blinded fox still running though the sound had already started to fade from her ears. Trotting to a slow halt she shuffled, her head and neck moving stiffly as she attempted to regain her bearings. The shiny panted, his breath notable before he made it to her side and gently nudged her back toward the others.

Her body was shaking, muscles an odd mix of stiffness and jelly, and she walked jankily over to the rest of their bewildered party. "Everyone alright?" Faux asks, to which the Electrike can only nod in response. Nothing broken or noteworthy, his old wounds agitated but otherwise no worse for wear. Running his nose along Mel's side he searched for knew wounds, and cringed at the sight of blood near her shoulders. It wasn't fatal but it would certainly hurt later. Gritting his teeth Etin turned his muzzle around to reply, but no words came from his open maw. Beyond the fox was the nightmare they had narrowly escaped, a collapse that reminded him so painfully of the floor he had almost fallen from. Was this building unsafe to traverse?

But it was not the damage that made his heart lurch in his chest. The dust was, literally, settling, but the light from the windows illuminated the shapes within. Broken slabs of flooring and supports lay about the walkway, but rising from the horror were very clear Pokemon silhouettes. They groaned, likely pained from the fall, but the sound was bitterly alive. The sound of claws on stone, coughs and grunts, but it was a voice in the back that made the Electrike freeze up. "You imbeciles." She growled, the voice unknown to Etin but canine's silhouette was a seared image in his mind. It.. it couldn't.. "Run. Run now." Faux growled at them, her voice hushed but fervent as she started to back away from the shadows that were quickly coming back to their senses. Etincelle's jaw trembled, blood running cold in his veins as he shoved Melanie to get her started. Her steps were still awkward, hurried but not covering much ground, and the pair started to run in disjointed unison.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:13 pm

Battle Tower [7th Floor]|Midday

As soon as the others was too far away from him, everything around him was crumbling and crashing down. Arry was getting scared and this time there was nothing he can do. He thought this was it, this is where he would be trapped in and nobody would be able to rescue him. However this was not his fate. Xiao teleported to him and grabs ahold of him and teleport to the others. Arry was shaking but soon as he opened his eyes, he was being held. "Th-thanks Xiao. Th-that was scary." If he didn't come in time, it would have been the end. Now where do they go from there? So much dust and debris from above was present that there was no way of seeing what's on the other side anymore. However, a figure had stood up on the debris pile as they was shrouded in the dust. When Arry seen the figure and the voice that rung out. "You imbeciles." That voice didn't sound happy to see them at all. Somehow, was this some way to in trying to kill them? If so, then they better hurry to the elevator and fast.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:44 pm