Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+13
Dandelion
Requiem
Min
Krajin
Alakazam
Moon Moon
Fern
Duma
Scizor
Danielfightscats
Crepuscular
Kaze
renegade
17 posters

(ACE) The FROST Team

Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

(ACE) The FROST Team - Page 13 Empty Re: (ACE) The FROST Team

Post by Dandelion Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:28 pm

(ACE) The FROST Team - Page 13 RGvjGOO
    Outside Frost Cavern [Cottage] || Dawn
    Clover 48 || Kolven 25

Kolven's back ached and, as carefully as he could in such a small space, he leaned forward and gave his spine a big stretch. His tail rose high in the air as each vertebrae popped and he gave a massive yawn. Even after the wash the cold was tugging his mind back into sleep and he needed something more stimulating to keep himself from dozing off. Luckily, everyone seemed to waking up now and a faint buzz was starting to work its way through the cottage. The trainer giggled sweetly with her Pokemon, a truly endearing sight, while Drake went to check something in the kitchen. The Braxian, Finn or whatever his name was, seemed just as tense and standoffish as he was the day before. What was wrong with the guy, did he have a tick, socially inept, or just trust issues? "You all want to know my story mates? I'll tell you all when we get off this mountain. For now, we wait for Jack."

Kolven dropped his paw back down and hopped off the chair. While he didn't really care to know the fox's story he had to admit it could give some insight to his twitchy behavior. It doesn't excuse it though. Oh well, to each his own, and as the fox walked back in the kitchen and out of earshot the Meowth could only wonder what private things he was mouthing off. Probably something about not feeding Clover. Or having anything to, I guess. He'd heard that conversation one too many times. With a tense sigh Kolven stood and gently nudged his sister with his cheek. "Think you can stand yet Clovie? We gotta walk a lot more today and we don't want your legs locking up." The female gave a low growl and her tail trashed and she spread her forelimbs out. "Come on," the male encouraged with another nudge. The growling got a little louder and with a labored, struggling heave the undead rose to three wobbly paws. "That a girl," he cooed, pleased that the growling died back now that she was up.  

Drake walked back in spouting conversation starters and didn't seem any wearier of the undead feline much to Kolven pleasure. "Kolven, Clover? I do have some things that you both may like when we get there." Clover's red eye swam across the room toward the Charmeleon at the mention of her name. Food, was the only thing she could think of and her claws dug into the floor at such a wishful prospect. "Oh?" Kolven purred curiously, his tail curling up completely and before falling back down as he tried to continue the conversation for Clover's sake. "I appreciate whatever it may be, but I do hope its not just 'something shiny' as my species is prone to collect." His voice was light as that was meant as a joke, but the possible offense still remained. While Kolven was not denying his favor for shiny things it was too difficult to collect and keep any more than his trinket while traveling such distances. Hopefully, if they had some amazing stroke of luck, it was some sort of clue to where Arsi was or something to help in their search/travels.
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:52 pm

(ACE) The FROST Team - Page 13 JFcT7wC
    Cottage | Dawn | (9)

A small cloud of dust flew up to greet a cozy Raver, having flopped backwards into her still-warm spot on the sofa. She peeled open a paperback she retrieved from her backpack, brushing her fingers over the many dents and imperfections made over time since the epidemic-- kind of reminded her of herself, really. The thought held her mind captive even while she looked from panel to panel in the grayscale world. You start out perfect, flawless. And then you become something like me.
    Man. Her manga usually cheered her up…

Rae rolled her eyes up from the pages to stare at the Braxien as subtly as she could. "You all want to know my story mates? I'll tell you all when we get off this mountain. For now, we wait for Jack." … well, he was more gung-ho to talk about that stuff than she would be, she’d give him that…
    She shut her book and tossed it onto the floor beside the couch, along with duly noting she needed to put her annoying, messy hair back in a ponytail later.
    Venge perked up in attention to the Charmeleon, with the human following suit. "So, when Jack and Ark returns I'll tell them of the place I live at and if its not much trouble for Jack. Maybe we can bunk down in my house for a while."
    “Ayooo, sounds good,” she sang and threw a palm into the air above her head excitedly.
    Venge tilted her head with an amused grin at her Trainer’s enthusiasm. 30 seconds ago, she looked to be on the brink of writing some really dark poetry or something. It was amazing the effect socializing could have on the girl.
    “You were always into cooking, weren't you?” Venge mused. At least when Kayline was alive. After… that, Rae refused to prepare anything that couldn't be microwaved. Venge cringed inwardly realizing that. “Shame there's no ingredients left, I’m sure, so maybe we could plant a flower garden…”

Rae patted the Dark-type reassuringly. She knew her companion far too well not to notice Venge tense slightly. “S’okay, I'm not a porcelain doll, Vengey.”

An appreciated means to end the awkward and slightly uncomfortable exhange between the Dark-type and her Trainer came in the form of Drake and some spontaneous curiosity. "Rae, tell me about your home? I'm curious what it was like?"
    Her home, huh? She hummed, finding words to describe the place and what she could remember after all these years. “Snowpoint is as North as you could get in Sinnoh pretty much, which isolated us from the rest of the region. The trek down 217 is hell,” she paused, taking in a breath, “‘cuz of how many trees there are and because everything was covered in a mountain of snow all the time. Pretty cold as you'd imagine, but you get used to it. That’s probably what drew me here honestly.” Nostalgia had been heavy in her mind since arriving. Surely for Venge too. “I loved it. Everything was pale silver and sparkled like hundreds of billions of diamonds. If you were lucky enough on a clear night, you could see the northern lights too.” Ha, Eterna City was such a contr--
    She burst into a fit of giggles, quickly thereafter smacking herself in the face with an open palm in a seriously sad attempt to silence herself. “I-I was fifteen before I had ever felt grass that wouldn't give you frostbite! The looks I got that day were hilarious, like, hey here's this girl rolling around some grass in Eterna City like a frikken Growlithe-- I'm pretty sure someone notified a local church!”
    “More like the loony bin,” Venge scoffed lightheartedly, “I was so embarrassed.”

Rae lurched over to her Absol to cup the creature’s face in her hands, “D’aw, is wittle Venge ashamed of her hooman?”
    “Sometimes, yes.”

Ouch… cold could burn you after all.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:22 pm

(ACE) The FROST Team - Page 13 Merge

Cottage|Dawn
    60|27

Seeing the snow around them, it wasn't as deep as he thought. Jack still felt down and depressed, but he had a promise to keep with Clover and Kolven. Along the way he looked around seeing some nearly fresh paw prints with some blood on the print itself. They looked awfully familiar to him. Did the Mightyenas in the cave make it out and now prowling this area? It was hard to say, but nothing around had screamed immediate danger. Still it would be wise to take caution for a threat like that. As the sun was peaking out of the horizon it was the first time in a long while that he's seen a sunrise like the one he is seeing now. Its been a long time since I've seen a sunrise like this. I wish you was still here with me to see it. With a sigh coming from him, it was a reminder that he was in mourning. The electric type looked at his trainer's goggles before giving them one last hug before they got to the area.

Finn however, grumbled to himself still untrusting of the two meowths. However, seeing Drake just walk away from him without a word made things even more worrying for the fox. What happened last night with not telling him of the trainer's body lying dead and trying to hide it was even more worse for him. Will they even trust me or even want me around after that stunt? Drake is right though I need to tell them the bloody truth of my past. Crikey, I feel as if anger would come over me. I should show those two more respect than what I have been. Perhaps letting go of his anger and hiding secrets would actually get everyone to understand him better. Just maybe Jack would be less mad at him for it. The Braixen felt that it wouldn't be the right time since Jack is mourning and he would rather have everyone around. Drake would probably lay off him, but he rather doubt it since Drake has been nonstop picking on him regardless of the situation. "That Charmeleon would still be a thorn in my side. Human speaking or not, he's not going to stop getting at me." Keeping his voice low enough to be unheard had always been something he was taught, but the more he done it, the more he became bitter towards himself.

As Jack and Ark approached the area of the trainer's body, a lump of snow sticking out of where the body was at had given Jack the clue where to push the snow off at. The pikachu dismounted Ark and started pushing the snow off the body. It was definitely his trainer. Ark had spoke with his concern in case of danger. "I'm keeping watch.. just becareful." A small nod came from Jack as he looked at Ark before turning his head back to his trainer. Tears had started swelling up in the pikachu's eyes before he started to speak. "I'm sorry I wasn't with you and I wish you was here with me still. I....I couldn't save you, but I'll save everyone as much as I can. Th-thank you for everything. You taught me so much and I'm grateful that you given me so much." Jack placed the goggles on the corpse before saying his final words to his trainer. "Goodbye partner, I'll miss you so much. If you're watching me, please let me help the two meowths find their missing sibling." After that he walked back to Ark wiping his tears off his yellow fur. His voice was still in sorrow, but he needed to alert Ark of the footprints he seen. "Ark, those pawprints, they look a lot like the mightyenas that was in the ice cavern." They needed to get everyone off this mountain. The pikachu was getting a bad feeling that they're being stalked by the undead mightyenas. Firstly getting to the cottage and getting things packed to go. Clover and Kolven will be coming along as well so that way they can alert the others along with Ark for multiple enemies.
    Krajin
    Krajin
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Krajin Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:19 pm

(ACE) The FROST Team - Page 13 250px-405Luxray

Cottage | 41 | Dawn

He studies the tracks left behind and around them now, moving to look for the mightyena tracks. He found some in the snow, relatively fresh and since the snow fall had been most of the night a fair few had already filled in. "We need to get moving then. That undead you so lovingly invited along had better not add to our troubles.. or slow us down. Okay? We need to be quick and not let them catch up. I'd give us.. fifteen minutes to get ready and going." He says and turns, nudging the Pikachu back to the Cottage.

He'd walk in after Jack would hopefully go inside, then look to the rest. "We have Fifteen minutes to pack up, grab what we can and leave. We're being stalked by Mightyena Undead from up the mountain and they've been nearby. Lets not get cornered like raticate in here." He says to them. The Luxray going into the Kitchen and raiding what he could to stuff into the satchel, along with the Pokeblock they already had stored in his pack and other items.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:59 pm

(ACE) The FROST Team - Page 13 KD1elOF

Cottage|Dawn

Drake listened to Rae as she explained where she lived at. “Snowpoint is as North as you could get in Sinnoh pretty much, which isolated us from the rest of the region. The trek down 217 is hell,” She took a breath before continuing and the Charmeleon had painted an image in his head of what it would look like in the end. “‘cuz of how many trees there are and because everything was covered in a mountain of snow all the time. Pretty cold as you'd imagine, but you get used to it. That’s probably what drew me here honestly.” From what she made it sound so far, it must of reminded of home. This felt as if Drake had also missed home. Ever since the epidemic started he's been avoiding much of a fight. “I loved it. Everything was pale silver and sparkled like hundreds of billions of diamonds. If you were lucky enough on a clear night, you could see the northern lights too.” Now it makes Drake want to explore the world if they make it through this nightmare.It would of been awesome to see the northern lights without having something wanting to eat you. “I-I was fifteen before I had ever felt grass that wouldn't give you frostbite! The looks I got that day were hilarious, like, hey here's this girl rolling around some grass in Eterna City like a frikken Growlithe-- I'm pretty sure someone notified a local church!” Then Venge scoffed and added to the conversation. “More like the loony bin,” The fire type started to laugh a bit. “I was so embarrassed.” Sounds like a bit of humor coming from the absol. At least Drake can rely on Rae and Venge as well as Jack.

There was things that Drake expected from humans, but what Rae did was more unexpected and sounded a little child like. “D’aw, is wittle Venge ashamed of her hooman?” The response though was even more humorous to Drake. “Sometimes, yes.” Now Drake was glad that his human didn't do that to him. Remembering that, being taught human language had definitely opened more doors for him than just standard pokemon. One thought did come to mind, maybe he should cut Finn some slack. Though picking on him was common for his species since charmeleons are pretty feisty with pride. Before Drake could say anything Ark and Jack had came in and it was an emergency. "We have Fifteen minutes to pack up, grab what we can and leave. We're being stalked by Mightyena Undead from up the mountain and they've been nearby. Lets not get cornered like raticate in here." Now that Drake thought about it Mightyena are the worst when it comes to shaking them off. "Mightyena, damn it. This is actually serious. If they spotted anything like pawprints then we're going to have to watch our backs especially when it comes to them." Drake looked over to the meowths seeing if they seen anything other than Jack last night. He walked over to them and asked them with a kind voice to them. "Are you both coming with? I promise that I'll keep you both safe." Without a second thought he shouted for Finn to get the fire fox out of the kitchen. "Finn, you coming? We need to get out of here before we get into a dangerous situation!" Looking around, there was a hunting rifle, but it must of been taken apart and disabled so it couldn't fire anything. So much for anything for Rae to use in case their would be attackers showed up.

The Charmeleon grabbed what he could and placed it Ark's satchel. "We may have to keep an eye out from behind as well Ark. If anything Mightyena are tricky customers." It was a well known fact that Drake had an encounter with a mightyena in the past and beaten up by it for his stubborn pride. Amongst many of his enemies he made before the epidemic, he was especially weary of them. Coming back out and looking at Jack, he could tell that the pikachu was still struck with sorrow, but also determination to protect everyone. "Jack, there's a mansion near a town down the mountain, maybe we can stay there for a while." With that said, Drake was ready to help out with getting everyone to safety. Hopefully they don't run into trouble along the way.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:38 pm

Clover 49 || Kolven 26

Rae started talking about her home and Kolven swore a pang of envy trickled through his pelt. To get to live in a such a beautiful place, to see all this wonderful snow and pine trees.. there were few times outside the present he was able to experience that. But, that also means being cold all year. Having to deal with the dangers of a harsh environment constantly. And missing out on the joys of spring. Though it'd be pretty it would have been a hard, hard life for a street rat like himself.
    But any amusement and day dreaming he built up from her story scattered like pollen as Jack and Ark returned from their venture. Their was a serious look in the cat's eyes, and he wasted no time explaining why. "We have Fifteen minutes to pack up, grab what we can and leave. We're being stalked by Mightyena Undead from up the mountain and they've been nearby. Lets not get cornered like Raticate in here."

For a few moments Kolven could feel the breath catch in his throat and a cold wave spread through him as though he had swallowed a bunch of snow. Undead were coming, and not only that, but canine undead? Though he could see Clover shaking in the corner of his eye it was her growling that snapped his body back into the moment. I know, I know.. Canines were not the best company for them in general, but Clover's personal vendetta could be a problem; this would be one of the few things that would make her a true liability. Not to mention she couldn't run from them in this snow.. Swallowing roughly Kolven watched nervously as the others started to move into action, grabbing this and that in their small window of opportunity. What was he-- they, going to do?

"Are you both coming with? I promise that I'll keep you both safe." Drake asked, nearly spooking the cat as he tried to rally himself together. "Uh," he stalled, hastily running through their options. Nothing came up good. "If we could, gladly, please." Wasn't that Jack's decision to make? Did it matter? We'll have to move regardless. Springing from his spot Kolven uttered, "C'mon Clover," as he bound for the room Jack had spent the night in. In the corner of his eye he could see Ark rifling in the kitchen, stuffing his bags with anything he found. One paw inched in his direction, then pulled back. He wanted to help, but the Luxary had shown enough distrust that Kolven knew he wouldn't be allowed near those bags. The last thing he needed to do was nature those feelings in such a crucial time.

Shaking them away he searched the room for anything he could carry himself. Blankets were too big, shoes wouldn't fit his feet, ski gear meant nothing to him without knowledge of how to use it. Digging around in the closet he heard Clover let out a mrrow. A 'what are you doing' sort of noise as she stood stiffly at the foot of the bed, tail sweeping side to side. Clover.. The cold had already done a number to her, would she be able to handle another, much swifter, journey through it? Dread gnawed painfully at his belly. Not like this, no. He needed something for her, something to protect her delicate skin, and that took instant priority over himself.

Tearing this and that from the hangers clothes rained down on the cat, but it was the object that didn't smother him that he acknowledged. It was a backpack, small and childlike with a Vanillite shape and design. Okay, he it was small enough for himself even if he preferred four legs. Fiddling the zipper open the cat's next discovery was even better. It was filled with this and that; goggles, a canteen, gloves, and some other stuff he didn't care to examine as he pulled out a kids poncho..thing. It was small, black with looped buttons and a hood, completely out of place in the pack but the cat did not care. "Come here Clover," he called, waving a full paw to draw her attention.

The sickly cat hobbled over, her red eye weary as Clover draped the wider piece of clothing around her. She growled, pawing unsteadily at the covering. "Wwhy.." She wheezed, growing more irritated by the second. "It'll keep the snow off you." Kolven explained quickly while shoving the rest of the stuff back in the backpack. "You don't need anymore frostbite." Rifling through the nightstands Kolven jammed a few more things in the bag; a knife, a small blanket, and something Clover didn't catch. Why did he want all these things? They didn't need them, they didn't need any belongings aside from each other..
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:49 am

Cottage | Dawn | (10)

The play fight ensuing was short and sweet; Rae was inevitably the loser with Venge tackling her onto the couch during the ten-second span of time the human was laughing too hard for normal functioning. The Absol released Rae’s sleeve from her teeth and bolted to the floor, spine rigid and eyes dead-on towards the sounds of snow crunching just outside. The steps were approaching and--
    “Jack is back!” Rae beamed. The poor little guy was in such low spirits a while ago, she really did hope he was feeling better after their outing. Venge plopped down and ran her tongue along her disheveled fringe boredly, “Tell a friend.”

"We have Fifteen minutes to pack up, grab what we can and leave. We're being stalked by Mightyena Undead from up the mountain and they've been nearby. Lets not get cornered like raticate in here." Rae stopped dead in her tracks with her mind suddenly geared from greeting the Pikachu to a million questions not answered by the uncomfortably serious Luxray. Wow, Mittens. Venge‘s scoff was the only outward sound, for the sake of not causing another scene. Yet. One-hundred and ten percent ready to flee something bigger and badder, huh?

Raver cleared the distance from the couch to her backpack in record time, checking attendance for each of her Poké Balls because Arceus forbid someone accidentally get left behind up here in the frozen boondocks. She lined up each sphere on the table in front of her— Ayla, Salem, Hecate, Vendetta, Venge… wait, wait… she began frantically digging through the bag’s contents for the last ball, which was very much gone. “What’s the matter?” Venge asked.
    “Starry’s Poké Ball isn’t here. Where could she have…” The question trailed off when Rae’s eyes landed on the blue sphere under the table— actually, two half-sphere was more accurate, considering the device was open and empty where it lay. “Oh crap…” She placed all the Poké Balls back - including Starry’s - along with her scattered belongings and zipped her backpack, then moved to put her shoes back on and put her hair back into its ponytail. “We gotta go find her,” Rae whispered, gesturing towards the door with her head.
    “Yea, ‘cuz we’re gonna have another goddamn democracy on our hands if Mittens and Tod see her.”
    “Right, okay,” Rae sighed. “Hey, Venge and I are gonna keep an eye out for the Mightyena, okay? I’ll send my Houndoom to let everyone know if there’s trouble.” Which wasn’t a lie. It was just lacking certain truths.

The duo disappeared out the door, shortly afterwards becoming a trio with Rae’s personal hellhound joining them. “Vendetta, I need you to find Starry Skies. Search, girl!”

((Okay, so, Rae’s Glaceon is undead now, which is why she broke out of the Poké Ball. When she was put in it, she had only just started showing signs of being infected. Her immune system is very weak so she died and resurrected quickly during the night. I think this is okay, I think but I’ll change it if it breaks the rule on undead and Poké Balls. Also Venge is a bitch, don’t mind her lol.))
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:32 pm

Cottage|Dawn
    61|28

Jack ran behind Ark as the situation was turning serious. This can't be happening to him today. The Pikachu was still depressed, but he wasn't going to die here. Not today or any other day. "We need to get moving then. That undead you so lovingly invited along had better not add to our troubles.. or slow us down. Okay? We need to be quick and not let them catch up. I'd give us.. fifteen minutes to get ready and going." Not this again, can't he just give Jack a break from what he's already dealing with? Remembering the Mightyena from the frost cavern, they could pursue and surround them since they're cunning. Remarkably Jack had time to study it enough to know that fighting them is tougher than it looks. Eventually pulling ahead of Ark, Jack noticed the bloody pawprints of one and it was looking like it was fairly recent. Damn it, Ark is right about the timing. If they are near then we'll need to be quick. It won't take long for them to surround the cottage after that. The danger of attack was now present and it would be catastrophic if they didn't escape in time.

Finn on the other hand crossed his arms in a grumpy way like usual. The thought of working with an undead. It sickens me that Jack would do such a thing, but I'll deal with her someday. Whatever he was planning wasn't good. If Jack found out that he was planning, then it would add to the problems he already has. There was only one way to go about this and that is to be truthful. It would make the distrust even worse, but It would make things a little easier on him. As he was to come out of the kitchen the door swung open with both Jack and Ark in an alerted look to their faces. Something must of happened out there that made them like this. "We have Fifteen minutes to pack up, grab what we can and leave. We're being stalked by Mightyena Undead from up the mountain and they've been nearby. Lets not get cornered like raticate in here." At first Finn thought it was a joke until he watched the Luxray enter the kitchen and start packing stuff up. "Finn, you coming? We need to get out of here before we get into a dangerous situation!" This wasn't a trick this time. Drake must know something and a charmeleon like him must know more than simple human language. "We may have to keep an eye out from behind as well Ark. If anything Mightyena are tricky customers." Mightyena? Great that means things could get ugly real quickly if they encounter one. After watching Drake go out of the kitchen and over to Jack, Finn wondered if it would be safe to make things better with Jack. The Pikachu watched Drake come up to him with something to say to him. "Jack, there's a mansion near a town down the mountain, maybe we can stay there for a while." A mansion eh? That would be a good idea and since Rae didn't have anything that looks like a firearm, it would be best to see if there's anything there for her to use. The Rifle hanging above looked useless as it is so that wasn't anything worth taking.  “Hey, Venge and I are gonna keep an eye out for the Mightyena, okay? I’ll send my Houndoom to let everyone know if there’s trouble.” Sounds like a plan to keep a check from behind. “Vendetta, I need you to find Starry Skies. Search, girl!” Like that the Houndoom that Rae had sent out went to search for a missing pokemon.

The Pikachu then decided to announce where their next destination was. "Everyone, Drake has said there's a mansion down the mountain from here near the town. If anything, that would be the best place to restock. Its likely the mightyena will try to make a sneak attack so keep your guard up and help Clover and Kolven as much as you can." Like so, Jack wasn't going to let anyone else die. Clover might be a ticking time bomb on how long she'll last, but it would help to keep her happy long enough with Kolven's help. Finn didn't grumble this time. Jack's voice was enough to warrent that this was a very serious matter. "Finally, I was getting tired of looking at the snow. Its down right cold here and crikey it gives me a headache." The electric mouse ignored Finn's comment as he was still mad at him. Yet, he wasn't going to let Finn die here. Either way once they're off this mountain the real search begins. "Clover, Kolven. Please, come with us. I've promised to help you and I'm not going back on my word. I'm sorry about last night and it'll do a lot of good to help the both of you to find your sibling." Though some sorrow remained, he still kept his promise. Ark and Finn may not agree, but Jack, Drake and Rae had stood up to them.

OoC)) Once we leave the cottage it'll be either a decision to set it ablaze or leave it as it is. Any other ideas in RP Discussion if its possible.
    Krajin
    Krajin
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Krajin Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:00 am

(ACE) The FROST Team - Page 13 Latest?cb=20140922004410
    Cottage| 42 | Dawn

Arkturus had packed what he could into his pack, tins, poke-Block, other similar products that he could get for his little crew. He disliked the idea of the undead coming along with them. It was sickening and she was going to do little but slow them down. He didn't see her as much of an aid in fighting undead and if the Mightyena came for them it would end badly and he whilst willing to defend the group, he wasn't going to expend the same energy on something that should be put down and out of its misery, survival of the fittest.

He shook his head a bit as he came from the Kitchen and settled by the door, the woman and her pets were getting going, or doing something out there and to be fair he had no care for what they did provided they didn't go and try and befriend or coddle the Mightyena because everyone needed love or.. some such crap. He knew when to fight his enemies and a pack of those brutes wasn't on his mind. Though granted.. he did enjoy the company of one once. In a time that felt like it had long since gone. He missed the company of others like that and looked down for a moment, lost in his own little fantasies and thoughts. Though a cold blast of air would catch his attention right quick and bring him back to the land of the living. He looked around and then headed outside, sitting his butt in the sand, watching this way and that alert, ready like a soldier.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:33 pm

Cottage|Dawn

The situation was most dire and the clock was running short. With uncertainty of what was to come, Drake had grabbed anything that was left and stood between Jack, the meowths and Rae. “Hey, Venge and I are gonna keep an eye out for the Mightyena, okay? I’ll send my Houndoom to let everyone know if there’s trouble.” The Houndoom was released from a pokeball as Rae instructed the dark type to search. “Vendetta, I need you to find Starry Skies. Search, girl!” And like that the hound runs off to find a missing pokemon. Now all that was left was to here was Jack was planning. Some sadness was there, but Jack wasn't going to give up now. "Everyone, Drake has said there's a mansion down the mountain from here near the town. If anything, that would be the best place to restock. Its likely the mightyena will try to make a sneak attack so keep your guard up and help Clover and Kolven as much as you can." Just like that, their destination was set. Now the just need to hold off long enough till they get there. After that the mansion would finally be used once again.

They only had maybe six minutes to get out and get somewhere safer than the cottage. Finn whom Drake held his picking on at hold for a while, spoke up though his tone had sounded like he really hated the cold. "Finally, I was getting tired of looking at the snow. Its down right cold here and crikey it gives me a headache." What a grumpy fox and what's wrong with snow? That stuff is fun to melt into water with flamethrower. Since Finn wasn't the type to converse at the moment, The Charmeleon still couldn't get Finn, but at least the fox is opening up a bit. "Clover, Kolven. Please, come with us. I've promised to help you and I'm not going back on my word. I'm sorry about last night and it'll do a lot of good to help the both of you to find your sibling." Jack was still down, but he made a promise and it was good enough for Drake to keep helping Jack. Truly Jack was a smart pikachu and something more.

The feeling however was short lived as Ark had already went outside to keep guard until they're ready to get out of here. "Guess this is it then. Ready when you are Jack." Though the memory of this cottage was short lived, their adventure to the mansion would maybe be longer. Like Jack said, there was a risk of them being followed and possibly ambushed. It was up to everyone to keep an alert on their surroundings. "Jack, if you don't mind I'll stick by Rae and the meowths until we're cleared of any danger." His intentions was purely kind and yet, the fire type felt he could become stronger. He had a long way to go on fighting, but at least some of his attacks might be enough to stack up damage in case a mightyena does try to come at them. "Don't worry you both, I'll keep you both safe from behind. Rae and Jack would be able to shake off anything that might try to come at us." Drake ensured the two meowths with a kind smile.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:13 pm

Clover 50 || Kolven 27

Kolven's body felt off with stress. He was wobbly yet stiff, his arms not feeling strong enough as he tugged open another drawer. He jammed a pair of socks in the bag, and noted how impossibly full it was after the blanket when a beanie refused to fit. Better safe than sorry.. Was it though? Would any of this actually help them? "Kolven.." Clover sighed, her voice so clear he was nearly knocked off his paws. "We.. go?" Frowning, the male struggled for a response. Slipping the beanie and backpack on he nodded, "Yes, soon. We still have a few minutes." Clover frowned, a sullen look coating her disfigured face. Hopefully that calculation was right..

Grabbing one last thing, a scarf, Kolven wrapped it gently around his sister's neck and looked her over. It was silly, he thought, that he was looking for ways for them to keep warm. They had fur, natural insulation, but the cold had already kicked them once. "Okay," he muttered quickly, nudging his sister along so they could head towards the door. Jack's voice had carried into the back room, but Kolveon could caught the tail end of Jack's instructions. "--be the best place to restock. Its likely the mightyena will try to make a sneak attack so keep your guard up and help Clover and Kolven as much as you can."

While he didn't like the idea of them being guarded as a priority Kolven was not about to waste time arguing about it. Hell, they just waltz in on the others bundled up like two kids from the tropics on their first snow trip. Resolved it was for the best the tom kept his head high as Jack approached them. "Clover, Kolven. Please, come with us. I've promised to help you and I'm not going back on my word. I'm sorry about last night and it'll do a lot of good to help the both of you to find your sibling." Again there was implication they had anywhere else to go. Still, there was ease that the leader of the group was accepting them. Was he worried about what would happen to them otherwise? "It happens," he assured him with a warm, tired smile, long since used to suspicion and mistreatment. "And of course. We'd be most grateful."

With ease coming over their status Kolven ushered Clover closer to the doorway. "You ready for more snow?" He asked, knowing she had to be regardless of her answer. "I h-h-hate snow.." She grumbled, still pawing at the buttons of her covering. At least she's feistier than yesterday. Hopefully that could carry her all the way to the mansion. Peering outside Kolven realized their human companion was no longer present, but before he could consider where she had gone Drake approached once more. "Don't worry you both, I'll keep you both safe from behind. Rae and Jack would be able to shake off anything that might try to come at us."
    Smiling, Kolven nodded. In truth, he had his own ranged attacks to keep them safe, but the more the thought about the others looking out for them, and the less he would have to be aware of, the more stress oozed from his mind. "I'll be doing the same," he tried to say lightly. While he appreciated the caution he was no freeloader, and would pull his weight as best he could. "We'll all get off this mountain safe and sound."
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:14 am

Cottage | Dawn | (11)

As the trio progressed through the frozen wasteland, the only sound cutting through the thick silence was the constant crunching of countless flakes of snow underneath their feet. The duo of Darks- had both internally questioned at some point whether Raver would even explain to the hellhound why they were tracking their comrade in what was - to Vendetta - unfamiliar territory. The girl’s unwillingness to speak, when otherwise she would be talking more than a politician, filled the cold air with a sense of dread.

“Prints. Smells like rot,” the hellhound deadpanned.
    “There’s a pack of undead Mightyena out here somewhere,” Venge said, “I guess that proves Mittens didn’t see his shadow and flip his shit.” Vendetta let out a small puff of flames behind a toothy grin.
    “Did someone piss you off?”
    “Oh, always.”
    Vendetta craned her neck to inspect the prints further, noting that while they were muddled together and unrecognizable by sight, they had a familiar smell behind the heavy scent of death. “Sorry I missed it.”

“Vendetta? Can we be serious?” Though it sounded like a question, the human’s hushed voice was commanding, not asking. The dog nodded and led them on the trails left in the snow while the air began to smell increasingly and uncomfortably like metal. “Something’s up here. Venge, watch Raver.”

From a short distance back, the snow seemed to bank heavily in a particular place-- which seemed slightly off considering the rest of the snow covering the ground was smooth and untouched besides the places that were… well, touched. Vendetta approached the bump in the snow first, quickly realizing what lay there her jaw fell agape and she bounded away to her companions to prevent them from coming any closer.

A pair of ears perked up from behind the snow sodden corpse, two blue triangular ears followed by Starry’s face, now a painted image of corrupted innocence as she chewed pieces of her kill eerily slowly with her dark red eyes peering at her human and partymates.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:33 pm

Cottage|Dawn
    62|29

Jack was ready. This place served only a dark reality of what death brought. To many lives had been lost on this accursed mountain and there would be no more tragedies in the group he was with. Drake then asked Jack something. "Jack, if you don't mind I'll stick by Rae and the meowths until we're cleared of any danger." The pikachu nodded to Drake's request. With the clock getting close to running out, the Pikachu watched Ark go out the door. He must be watching for anything getting close. Guess we better get moving then. The electric mouse was getting ready to give the order to make the escape from the cottage. Kolven had accepted the apology quickly for the fact that he must of been used to it. "It happens," Now that the words was said something else had given Jack at least a bit more grateful that the others was around. "And of course. We'd be most grateful."

Finn went outside along side Ark keeping watch in another area. The firefox had spotted something a fair distance away. "Crikey, I think they're plotting something mate. Ark, if I have to redeem myself then it'll start here." Something had happened that wasn't thought of before. Making an effort to protect the others including an undead. Truthfully, he hated the idea. His hate towards the undead was one thing, but protecting one is something he wasn't used to. "Don't get me wrong, I hate the undead much like you, but Jack wants to defend it." The fact that the bitter hate was still there, but hiding secrets from Jack had to end. If something did happen to him in any way he would rather die with a clear conscious. For now, try to at least get off this mountain in one piece with everyone else.

Jack finally walked up to the door ready to tell everyone. "Alright, lets get going. We only got a few minutes before they get here and surround this place. We don't want to be trapped in this place." That said, he pushed the door open and waited for everyone to leave. First thing is to find Rae and regroup, then get to a lower altitude to get warmed back up. "We should help Rae, I got a bad feeling that they'll go after her and her other pokemon first." This wasn't the first time he had to divert a plan temporarily to give someone some back up. Being a fighter though was a plus since he already observed the Mightyena enough to know that there was a small opening in their movement and attack. Yet, his goals had changed after seeing his human dead. He wondered if Rae would help him, maybe Drake's humans would help him. Either way, he is now a wild pokemon. The goggles he still wears is a reminder of his previous owner and his fondest memory. "Finn, Ark, we need to give Rae some help. They might go after her first." Finn still upset from the human's interference last night made him a bit grumpy, but Jack was right. "Damn it, he's right. They could go for anyone alone first." The clock was now ticking for them all to get away from this cottage.
    Krajin
    Krajin
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Krajin Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:26 am

Cottage | 43 | Dawn

Arkturus frowned as it came to a point that they had to hunt down Rae and her pokemon. She bloody well knew the dangers that had been told of and to be fair it was on her if they got killed. As far as he was concerned this was not their issue. He shot Jack a look when he told the rest that they were to get Rae. "As far as I am concerned they left on their own. We shouldn't risk ourselves to find a human and her crew." He sucked in his breath "However I will not abandon either of you if that is your choice." Yeah, there was a serious point of protection going on there and the need to survive above all else rather evident. A group can survive better provided they watched each others backs and he knew this. He glances to the other two, the Meowth and its undead sister. He then looks to Jack "They better pull their weight in this." He rumbled. This was going to be the pair's test.

He walked out, sniffing the ground, the beautiful thing about snow was that it on its own didn't carry any scent as such aside from what is in the air when it forms. With them though, footprints aside the scent could be followed and so Arkturus begins to walk, nudging Jack to climb onto him "Keep your ears perked and eyes peeled. Don't let them get a jump on me." This human and her bunch of gits better appreciate what they were doing for them, especially if the Mightyena came to have an engagement. "Stick together in a group, do not stray behind. If they stalk us, they will pick off the outsiders and weakest first." He warned them and began to track Rae and her poketmonsters.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:42 pm

Cottage|Dawn

As Jack had the ready look to him, everyone else was looking like they was prepared as well. "Alright, lets get going. We only got a few minutes before they get here and surround this place. We don't want to be trapped in this place." Drake was ready to pull as much as he could. Maybe he'll evolve in this battle and be as tall as his parents. Though likely he'll have to do more than just fight the oncoming attackers. A sudden change was made out of concern and what the pikachu had said next had made a well given point. "We should help Rae, I got a bad feeling that they'll go after her and her other pokemon first." The charmeleon had heard that the undead are well known to pick off those who stray from groups first before attacking a group. If that was the case then it looks like they'll need to work as one to get off this frozen death trap easily. After Jack went out the door he told Ark and Finn the concern. "Finn, Ark, we need to give Rae some help. They might go after her first." Of course Ark was still grumpy, but he had felt Jack's concern as well.

The fire type could hear Ark's anger with the fact that Rae went to search for someone. "Color=#F2F28A]"As far as I am concerned they left on their own. We shouldn't risk ourselves to find a human and her crew."[/Color] However, another side of him had made Drake more curious of Ark's past. What could Ark have had happen to him to be not as trusting towards humans? It'll have to wait until they're safe again, but for now its time to prove to Ark that he's got some tricks up his scales. That is if his pride doesn't get in the way first. "However I will not abandon either of you if that is your choice." Perhaps he still has loyalty to some sort of code. What was it again? The Charmeleon couldn't place his claw on it. It might itch at his mind for a while. The rumble in Ark's throat had told Drake there was distrust on the two meowths. "They better pull their weight in this." Sounded like a test. Hopefully they can pass it enough to warrant trust.

The Fire type watched Ark sniffing the ground in some sort of way to pick up a scent or something, but isn't he able to use his own eyes to locate them quickly? However, if its something else then it might take some fire to provide better light for Ark. Watching the Luxray nudge Jack, it must of been a sign to have a partner to add a little electric attack to gain a multiple hit use. [Color=#"Keep your ears perked and eyes peeled. Don't let them get a jump on me."[/Color] Understandable on that since they could end up getting ambushed or a full on sneak attacked. "Stick together in a group, do not stray behind. If they stalk us, they will pick off the outsiders and weakest first." That is enough to say that keep alert from behind as well.

Drake had stayed close to provide some warmth with his tail flame and kept his eyes peeled for any movement from their flanks. "Thankfully I do know some other moves than flamethrower. Perhaps I can put some toxic pools by any area that you would think they would try to ambush us from." That said, he would wait for Jack to approve of that method since Toxic can be a bit tough to see if it is pooled up in an area that they need to go through. His other moves could still be of use if the situation calls for it. "I also have protect and hidden power so I think I know what I can do with protect if Jack has a plan for its use." Whatever plans the Pikachu could think up might be worth the protect that Drake can do. There was only one time he had used it and if he tries to use it for this case which is an emergency then he could keep the others safe from any direct attack at either Ark or Jack. "I can handle the protection if any ranged attack is used." A smile was on Drake's face showing his determination and when it came to the meowths, he had a plan to make sure they passed. "Stay close to me, my tail should give some warmth to focus if you both feel to cold." Honestly, he was trying as much as he could to be friendly so that way the two meowths have some warmth from the cold morning air.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:52 pm

Clover 51 || Kolven 28

Kolven shuffled uncomfortably, his paws constantly needing to move. They pawed at his hat and adjusted his sister's coat, and with each fiber he touched he realized how foolish they must appear. Pokemon wearing human protection.. It was shameful, and worry built up with every possibility of it holding them back. Clover groaned, pulling her lips back and bringing her fangs eerily close to his paw before he could pull it away. "Okay, okay." He huffed, getting the message she wanted to be left alone. Maybe they should ditch the clothes..
    "Alright, lets get going. We only got a few minutes before they get here and surround this place. We don't want to be trapped in this place." Well, too late for that idea now. As everyone walked outside Kolven realized they were short a few. Raver? Venge? Neither the human or her Pokemon were present, and for a couple of seconds the cat worried they would leave without her. Thankfully, Jack thought better than that, and with minimal protest the group headed away from their desired location.

Nudging Clover's flank the male kept her in front of him and made sure her pace matched the rest of theirs. Maybe it was the rest or having done this the day before but the dead cat appeared to be struggling less with the deep snow. She steps were still awkward and her hind leg would seep low into the snow with each buckle, but she was managing fairly well and Kolven felt comfortable stepping to her side instead. Nuzzling her cheek he whispered a little praise."You're doing great, Clovie." She huffed, foul breath coming from her maw, but there was no cloud.

At ease that Clover could manage Kolven's ears poked out from his awkward hat and he listened intently for any crunching snow. Everyone's paws made their own sound, but the distant space was much too quiet. People kept talking as well, covering any sounds and making it more difficult to pick up their possible threat. "Thankfully I do know some other moves than flamethrower. Perhaps I can put some toxic pools by any area that you would think they would try to ambush us from." Kolven shook his head, an annoyance growing at all the distractions. Frost clouds forming at his jaw as he spoke, though the words were hushed. "They would be pretty easy to see in this white snow." Not that their own forms were hidden against the stark background.

Straining his ears he listened for anything he could, Raver's voice, braking branches, growls, but it was only Drake's that he could hear. Kolven shied his eyes away from the others, biting his tongue has his held breath pressed through his teeth. Something about giving out their defenses while possibly being stalked, and also talking when they were trying to be stealthy, was highly disconcerting. He also had protect, and used it zealously thanks to his sister, but he wasn't about to shout that to the wind.

The sensation of being watched peeked his eyes up and Kolven saw the Charmeleon looking at them. "Stay close to me, my tail should give some warmth to focus if you both feel to cold." His own irritation faded to a weak smile. The guy wasn't the brightest, but he sure was kind. "Thanks," he started, forcing himself to calm down as he turned to Clover. "You feeling--" But the female looked.. odd. Her eye was wide open, good ear high, and jaws agape like she was.. "Clover?" No, there couldn't be-- "Blood." She mumbled, her soft, raspy voice just a bit too excited for his liking. "What? Where?!" He gasped, growing too loud himself as he tried to pick up the smell but couldn't. The female was silent, but answer him in the increased speed of her trot. Her senses were all honed and trained for the scent of blood and life, and the breeze carried it. Lopping through the snow she passed the rest of the party, the scent of a fresh kill too enticing to listen to hold back. Whatever had died she would find it. She would have it. Ahead the faint sound of others stared to brush her good ear. There was life.
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:09 pm

Outside Frost Cavern | Dawn | (12)

The Glaceon toddled over the corpse, landing chest first into the snow as a testament to how far gone the creature’s mind was. The tiniest groans forced themselves from her lungs in a perversion of her merry voice, painting the scene evermore horrific with every clumsy, lumbering move she made to the Trainer. The air was charged with the intent to kill radiating from the ally that saw them as nothing more than prey.

Both Venge and Vendetta bound for Starry Skies, prior hesitation lost in the wind and replaced by the instinct to protect their Trainer.
    “Stop!”
    Their paw beats paused in an instant, with the Houndoom twisting her muzzle back towards the human with a quizzical ‘are you serious?’ type of stare. Venge on the other hand, kept her mismatched eyes fixed on the fox’s. The freshly dead Ice-type’s jaws flexed and her tongue lolled at the side of her mouth, flicking erratically in a very uncomfortable manner to watch.
    “We won’t benefit in any way by keeping Starry like this. Let me put her down.”
    “No, Venge,” Rae protested, “we’re not murdering one of our own!” The Absol gave a sigh dripping with annoyance-- Starry drew closer, snapping at the air with her lips pulled tightly back to expose teeth marred with bits of flesh and guts. “Raver, she isn’t like Clover. Starry is gone, we’re offing an undead like all the rest we’ve killed.”

“Decide what you’re gonna do,” Vendetta deadpanned. A line of fur rose along her spine as she stared off to faint shapes in the distance. “Something is coming. Several somethings, actually, and they don’t seem to be rotters.”

“It’s everyone from the cottage,” Rae sighed, “restrain her.”
    Venge quirked a brow, but obliged nonetheless with a massive paw falling down between Starry’s ears with enough force to drop her. The fox struggled underneath the Dark-type, kicking and flailing her back legs aimlessly and throwing snow around.
    “Easy, girl,” Rae cooed, softly placing her hand on Starry’s ankle, and the other on her hip. The Trainer took a soft breath and wrenched Starry’s hind leg back, permeating the quiet air with a nauseating, dull pop. The undead shrieked and thrashed, spatting blood and meat she’d yet to have swallowed.
    Rae repeated the action on the Glaceon’s opposite back leg, following with the command for Venge to let her go.

The fox continued her efforts to get any one of the three, heavily impaired now that either of her back hips were disconnected from the socket. Rae stared down at her companion, dragging herself around with only her front paws. “I’m sorry,” the girl whispered. “I can’t think of any other way to save you. That hurt, didn’t it?” The fox responded with nothing more than animalistic groans and wails.
    “We’re just leaving her?” Vendetta asked. “Are you sure?”
    “Yes. She’s no threat to anyone way out here, especially without being able to walk.” The Trainer very obviously choked on the last part despite her better efforts not to. “We just have to make sure we detour everyone from here.”

Raver turned on her heel and strode away from her undead Glaceon, leaving the creature in the snow field she would’ve so loved if she were alive. It was less than thirty seconds of power walking before the rainbow haired human bent over and violently retched, heaving up nothing from her empty stomach but clear, bitter tasting fluid and small amounts of blood from the strain.
    Her two companions stood on either side of her hips, brushing softly against her as a comfort.

“We can mourn when we’re safe.” Venge said only just louder than the girl’s heavy breaths.
    “Okay…”

((I’m going off the assumption that the group is heading in Rae’s direction buuut if i’m wrong, let me know~))
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:33 pm

Outside Frost Cavern|Dawn
    63|30

Ark's voice was still at a stage of being upset. "As far as I am concerned they left on their own. We shouldn't risk ourselves to find a human and her crew." How is he still untrusting of them? Jack felt that he should at least stand up and tell him what's on his mind. "However I will not abandon either of you if that is your choice." The Pikachu sighed in relief upon hearing that. Again though Ark had showed a spat of anger, but it felt more held back. Was it that Jack's pain had made him less irrational? "They better pull their weight in this." The electric mouse had full confidence on Clover and Kolven. They'll be able to impress Ark enough.

Finn didn't like the idea at all. How can he trust something that would quickly betray them. It was Jack's call and it was best not to get further into Jack's bad side. Ark had bent down to let Jack on to help him get through the deeper snow. "Keep your ears perked and eyes peeled. Don't let them get a jump on me." Drake had also suggested an idea, but the idea could be dangerous to use and would be a waste. "Thankfully I do know some other moves than flamethrower. Perhaps I can put some toxic pools by any area that you would think they would try to ambush us from." Nah, it would be spotted easily with the snow surrounding it. However the other ideas Drake had maybe of good use."I also have protect and hidden power so I think I know what I can do with protect if Jack has a plan for its use." Hidden power and Protect? Guess it could be of good use if any stray attack was heading at them. "Stick together in a group, do not stray behind. If they stalk us, they will pick off the outsiders and weakest first."

Jack climbed onto Ark and kept his hearing up and Finn used his stick as a torch to light up the area for some light to see. "Stay close to me, my tail should give some warmth to focus if you both feel to cold." That was nice of Drake. Soon though Kolven had said something that had caught everyone's attention. "Clover?" Jack looked at the undead Meowth seeing that she had picked up something upwind. "Blood." Rae was upwind and something must of happened. Looks like Clover beat Ark to it. However, it wasn't the time to tell Ark that there was still a good use for Clover and Kolven. "What? Where?!" They should follow Clover on this one. It might help track where Rae is at. "Clover, can you lead us there? I got a feeling that Rae is up there as well. Stay alert everyone, the mightyena could be nearby." Jack put his goggles over his eyes in case anything was hiding up ahead.

Finn kept a light shining for the group to see. "Its to bloody quiet here. No way some blokes will ambush us here. Jack, are you sure you can trust the meowth?" Doubts are there in Finn, but the pikachu was firm on his decision in trust. "I trust her. If she's leading us to finding the source of the blood she picked up, then Rae should be close by." How was Jack so trusting of one undead meowth? Did he hit his head on something last night? It couldn't just be luck that he survived his encounter. What did Jack even say to them. It infuriated the Braixen for not knowing what was said, but it'll be something that Finn will ask him later. "Ark, better get an electric attack ready. I'll listen in to our sides and see what I can pick up on sound." Rae, Jack hoped she was okay as well as Venge. There was only a matter of moments before they had an encounter with a possible pack.
    Krajin
    Krajin
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Krajin Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:44 am

Outside Cottage | Dawn | 44

Upset wouldn't be a word to describe the way he felt about the undead and the woman that was apparently coming along with them. Angry? Mistrustful? How do you trust an undead who has stayed with you for a single night when they have proven nothing aside from being able to have some measure of self control? There was nothing else proven to him and he will not give over an olive branch like that without need. Additionally the trainer and her pokemon.. no.. they sided with the undead first and threatened to attack those opposed to Jack's rather unfortunate choice of permitting the.. thing.. with them.

Apparently Clover had beaten them to it, this.. irritated him a little and with a lashing tail, he begrudgingly followed for the time being. Hearing the Pikachu's request to have an attack ready he would begin to charge something rather nasty. It might not hit, it could.. but if it did, the attack would obliterate whatever it hit. He did stay quiet though for the time being, watching, waiting.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:12 am

OoC)) Skipping Drake this round, he's keeping silent in order for Jack to listen in.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:50 am

Outside Frost Cavern || Dawn
    Clover 52 || Kolven 29

Clover's paws sunk deep in the snow with each step, but in her hazy mind it was not freezing powder but lush vegetation. The scent of blood was carried over the snow, faint but growing in the soggy landscape. Food, she knew it to be. Food she was ready to sink her teeth into. The rest of her group faded off into her mental forest and for a few moments the cat felt alive like the predator she was meant to be. Her mouth hung open, tongue draped out as she breathed in the scent of the land.

In her hyper focused state the only sound she heard was her own raspy breath, pawsteps, and the cold wind that ruffled her whiskers. When another sound, a voice, tried to penetrate this bubble it was but a faint hum, the words barely discernible as she paid them little find. "Clover, can you lead us there?...-" The voice quickly faded away as her interest in it was lost. A small growl ached its way from her maw as the wind whipped the scent up and blurred the trail. "Food.." She wheezed, her limp particularly strong for a couple of steps as she lowered her head even closer to the ground.

"Course she can, won'tcha Clovie?" Kolven purred as he bound in step behind his sister. In truth, he worried that they wouldn't be able to get her off the scent. They could follow her regardless, but if it turned out to be something like, oh, a kill from the Mightyena, well... hopefully it wasn't that. The snow crunched beneath his paws, the tacky clothing he had on doing nothing for his already freezing pads. Why did I even take this stuff? Regret sunk deep in his stomach, a very unwanted emotion to go with the dread that already surrounded them.
    The ambiance was bad enough, but Finn decided to speak up. "Its too bloody quiet here. No way some blokes will ambush us here. Jack, are you sure you can trust the meowth?" The fur along Kolven's neck stood on end. Sure, he was accustomed to distrust and suspicion every time they encountered a new group, but seriously? Clover might not be doing it for them but she was still being helpful. Jack defended them graciously, but being disparaged now of all times was putting the calm natured cat on edge.

With a grumbling exhale Kolven dropped to all fours and shuffled along. Ignoring the weight of the backpack he breathed the stinging, cold air for the smell of blood  and unsurprisingly he could smell it strongly as well. "It's close," he whispered cautiously, but it wasn't what he smelled that kept his voice down. Beneath the heavy quiet of the snowy land was the soft crunch of ice that was too far to be their own. Clover stopped and hissed into the trees, and with hurried steps Kolven stepped in front of her and stood back up. Throwing his arm out to widen his stance just a bit more he listened intensely to the steps. The slow steady steps didn't match that of a large group. In fact, it seemed more like a couple of.. "Rae?" He called out, his voice hushed but bold enough to carry over the snow.
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:15 am

Outside Frost Cavern | Dawn | (13)

The girl pushed herself up with hands on either of her thighs, one last gasp and sob wracking her small frame before she wiped her face with a sleeve. “Let’s get going.” Her voice was broken and hollow, like she was distancing herself from the current situation and functioning off autopilot. Both Darks began moving alongside Rae, expecting the girl to drop again at any second. To each of their surprise, she kept walking out of what must’ve been sheer determination to get as far away from what lay behind them as possible.

The Houndoom darted away from Rae and Venge, turning sharply and disappearing into the trees still casting heavy shadows over them. Rae stared at the retreating form of Vendetta for a second before just trudging ahead. Vendetta could act on her own and find her way back easily, which was a common occurrence and warranted less concern than you’d expect. It had saved Rae and Venge a bloodbath many a times.

"Rae?"

The girl perked up, clearing the dense fog in her mind if only momentarily. She thrust a palm into the air and waved at her newly made ally, “Yeah, it’s me, Kolven.” Rae, with Venge at her side, half-jogged through the snow that bogged her bright pink boots down. It left her legs aching mildly by the time she reached the group. “Glad to see everyone’s here,” she commented, the smile she forced as she did so nearly paining her. “Is there anything I can do to help?”
    Her eyes might’ve still been puffy and red, but she’d say nothing and hope it was attributed to the cold by the others. Explaining what just happened wouldn’t be the highlight of her day, and it had just begun.

((Vendetta is hiding off to the side preparing to flank the group if she needs to since she doesn’t know anything about them. Someone can notice her if they’d like, otherwise I’ll just have Rae call her back next round.))
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:11 pm

64|31

It was quiet, to quiet. This had brought Jack to being extremely alerted of anything. Finn looked around seeing if there was any indication of glowing red eyes staring at them in an attempted ambush. So far though there was nothing. "Course she can, won'tcha Clovie?" The growling Jack was hearing was from Clover. It sounded as if she was fixated on something. Something isn't right. The mightyena should of been here by now. Unless I'm missing something that might be leading up to a trap. We might have to slow our pace to even see any other prints. A sense of dread had filled the air and it wasn't just him feeling down still. Something was definitely amiss and its not something undead to do in remaining silent. "It's close," The Pikachu listened in at the direction that Kolven and Clover was facing. It sounded like both pokemon and human footsteps in the snow. Was it Rae? Perhaps she found her missing pokemon. Another sound of footsteps was being heard not to far from where he is hearing the other footsteps. The electric type was now on guard in case he heard any other footsteps.

Soon Kolven said something that at least put Jack a little more on ease. "Rae?" A response came back and it was definitely her. “Yeah, it’s me, Kolven.” Thank Arceus she was okay and Venge too. However, hearing past Rae was the wailing of an undead. It couldn't be Rae's missing pokemon was it? “Glad to see everyone’s here,” The Pikachu wondered what happened back there where Rae was. Jack could only guess what happened and it was something that wasn't given much of a choice. “Is there anything I can do to help?” Ahh the question of wanting to help out. Suppose she could help with fighting if any mightyena do show up.

"Do you got anything useful in case we do run into the mightyena?" The electric mouse asked Rae. The Braixen however spotted something on the ground that had blood on it. From where he was looking at the direction of where the tracks was heading, it was away from where Rae was at. Whats worse is that the blood looked a bit fresher than the ones not to far from the cottage. "Jack, we might have to keep alert now. I just spotted some more bloody paw prints and it looks like its bloody down wind from us." It might be the case, but it could also mean that the owner of the paw prints was hunting for something. Jack perked his ears listening into what sounds like several footsteps being made from where the cottage was. "It won't be long before whatever's behind us picks up our scent. If we're going to get down this mountain without a fight, we better do it now. This mountain already did enough to me. I don't want to lose anyone else." After that, the pikachu picked up another sound and it was alone. Electricity was storing up in Jack's cheeks ready to attack if they was going to be attacked from behind. For now though he was waiting and watching for any further sounds or movement that would suggest an attack.
    Krajin
    Krajin
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Krajin Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:12 am

(ACE) The FROST Team - Page 13 Latest?cb=20140922004410

Outside Frost Cavern | Dawn | 45

Arkturus walked for some time with Jack on his back, there came Rae, at least Kolven found her first and then the rest. Whilst they interacted he kept a look out. It was the good part of being the Blaster to Jack's Master sort of arrangement. He was the bigger, physically stronger and intelligent beast whilst Jack was the Gnome with the brains and in this case.. some good power behind him. Ark kept his X-ray vision going, being able to see through most things within reason. Though his vision was short ranged. It was odd how the Human skeleton looked, as it was with the other pokemon that followed her.

His body arced with electricity though as he was prepared to unleash an attack on anything that came close that was not of the living persuasion.. well..that was until his ears twitched at the sound of something.. snow crunching, some breathing though quiet.. his head swivelled that way and he stared a long bit until he spotted the shadowy outline of something. He growled lowly "Someone approaches over there." He warned, his attention on that angle whilst other folks were on the bloodied snow.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:15 am

It was eerily quiet around them amidst the voices of his friends. The Charmeleon couldn't tell if the Mightyena was hiding or if the oncoming threat was still on its way. Since his hearing isn't as strong as a pikachu or a Luxray, he relied on eye sight. The undead could easily be spotted by their eyes so it shouldn't be hard to tell where they are as long as they wasn't missing an eye. "Rae?" Kolven shouted out. It was low enough not to pull to much attention, but enough to be heard for a small distance. Its colder than heck out here. I just hope Rae didn't freeze in her search for her missing pokemon. That would be bad if that happened then who would I talk to then. The fox isn't my most favorite one to talk to. It's like he's keeping things bottled up like he doesn't want me to know or any of us in that case. Drake thought to himself while waiting for a response. Though Jack being a close second on his list to talk to, its the thought that Finn was hard to trust still with the fact he was selfish in a way. Then a voice had responded without hesitation. “Yeah, it’s me, Kolven.” Rae was okay thankfully, but what of the missing pokemon?

Reuniting with Rae was a start, but now the tough part of getting off this mountain would be challenging. Pride being something that would drive Drake into a fight with something he's ill prepared for would make it more trouble for the others than himself. "Glad to see everyone’s here,” Without a thought Drake had responded with a bit of happiness. "I'm glad you're safe Rae, we all are." Seeing her eyes, the charmeleon wondered what happened, but it could of been from the freezing air around them. It was just to cold to even stand around as it is, so it was better for them to keep moving. “Is there anything I can do to help?” Guess that she wants to help everyone as well. That might be kind of tough since it doesn't look like she has a firearm on her. Maybe there's something at the mansion that she could use if hooligans didn't raid the place during the chaos. Jack responded with a question of his own to Rae out of curiosity. "Do you got anything useful in case we do run into the mightyena?" Surely she would have something. Though he didn't look inside her bag, he could tell that Rae's the type that would have at least something to defend herself if anything came. Finn had spoken to Jack, but enough for Drake to hear what was said. "Jack, we might have to keep alert now. I just spotted some more bloody paw prints and it looks like its bloody down wind from us." Was this fox for sure on what he seen? If that was the case then a fight would be more likely than anything.

Drake looked at the paw print and the blood was not aged as much, but perhaps the snow could be preserving it. "It won't be long before whatever's behind us picks up our scent. If we're going to get down this mountain without a fight, we better do it now. This mountain already did enough to me. I don't want to lose anyone else." Ha, Jack doubted Finn's guess since he's likely still mad at him. Though Jack's voice did express sorrow still, it was enough to still show he had enough fight in him to stay alive. Venge was silent the whole time, but Drake respected that since they just met last night. Keeping an eye from behind though, that was enough to tell them all that the danger is exactly at the cottage and that danger could make its way towards them. "Someone approaches over there." The Charmeleon whipped his head over to where Ark was looking at. Something was there, but it was hard to make out due to the darkness the trees provided.

Drake couldn't tell if it was undead or if its a living pokemon. Toxic was building up in his throat ready to spit if it was an attacker. "What is that? I can't really see well with the trees making cover. Hopefully they aren't hostile, but if they are then I'll give them a little poison to make them regret it." Uh oh, some pride building up again. However, he did think of the consequences if it was a living pokemon. Not only would he feel guilty about killing someone who was alive, but he would feel worse if it was one of Rae's pokemon. Hopefully its not undead then I can at least feel a little better knowing that there wasn't any need to go on the offense, but if its undead then I should keep my guard up. It might be one of Rae's so I better keep myself from doing something stupid. With that in mind he held back his pride until he knew for sure what it was. "Rae, is your other partner close by? I would feel bad if we attacked without knowing." Keeping his voice down low enough to keep from being heard past the immediate group he was with was a smart move. To much noise could give away their position and he didn't want that to happen. Till then it was a waiting game to see what happens next.

OoC)) Finally got a color code for Jack. I'll leave a note in the RP discussion on his color code.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:11 pm