Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+2
Duma
Ho-Oh
6 posters

CHAPTER 1: GREAT ESCAPE

Ho-Oh
    Ho-Oh

CHAPTER 1: GREAT ESCAPE Empty CHAPTER 1: GREAT ESCAPE

Post by Ho-Oh Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:19 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Glass (Duma), Taph (Kaze), T-6321 (Twilight Requiem), and Mathias (ShadowCharizard36) must escape from the room in the allotted time.

(Users will have 25 posts to complete their session, they must make a leaving post by the 25th, at which point they shall be graded by the Admins. Preliminary checks will be posted (in spoilers) every 8th and 16th post by the admins, so you have a chance to improve your writing before you're actually graded. Please do wait when you reach those checkpoints for our input.)

Last edited by Ho-Oh on Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

CHAPTER 1: GREAT ESCAPE Empty Re: CHAPTER 1: GREAT ESCAPE

Post by Duma Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:11 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Mysterious Room~Assumed Morning~1
    Glass opened her eyes, expecting to see rocky caves and that pair of glowing gem eyes that taunted her in Coronet. Instead she saw tiled walls that reached the ceiling and a hard concrete floor. Steel bed frames held torn and blood-smeared mattresses and Glass could only guess what was under them. "The Fuck did I get myself into this time?" She said, looking around for a way out. She certainly seemed trapped. There was only one window that she could see, but it was right up near the ceiling, and way to small for anything to fit through. On the other side of the room was a single iron door. The walls were sectioned off by what she guessed to be sanitary curtains, but they sure as hell didn't look sanitary.

There were a few loose tiles on the walls, and near the door was a small yellow bin with a bio-hazard symbol on it. "NO SHARPS' was written in black letters over it. "Shit, am I in a hospital room? Crap. I hate hospitals. I fucking hate them." Glass said, looking around for anything of any use to her. Near one of the 'beds' was a small trolley with all sorts of evil medical tools. Blood soaked nightgowns were stuffed into a laundry shoot, negating that from her list of options for escape. It seemed her only exit was really the iron door. Knowing my fucking luck, it's probably locked. Glass thought grimly. It certainly seemed like there was no escape.

Looking back towards the medical trolley, Glass took note of everything that was on it. A syringe with something in it - No way she was going to find out - A biopsy needle, a pair of medical scissors, some blue and white pills, a pair of sanitized gloves - which happened to be smeared with blood, and a medical mask. "This place is just like a fucking winter wonderland isn't it?" Glass said, backing away from the trolley. Glass looked back towards the door, wondering if it was actually locked. Worth a look anyway. She thought, walking over to it.

The door was solid iron, which made the place look like an insane asylum, and a single reinforced glass window was on the door. The hinges were well looked after, despite it being the middle of an apocalypse. There were bolts all along the sides of the door, all firmly screwed in. The handle was one of those long handles, and not a rounded one. Bloody handprints covered the door, as though the last human residents had tried to get out. The handle was smeared with blood too. Lifting a paw, Glass tried the handle. Locked. "Of course. It's never that fucking simple." Glass muttered angrily.

It then dawned on Glass to see if anyone else had been locked in with her. Going back around the room, Glass listened for the sound of any other pokemon. If there were others here, they could work together to find a way out. That is unless we all die before that happens. she thought sarcastically, silently hoping she wasn't the only one in this hell hole.
    Kaze
    Kaze
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Kaze Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:18 pm

Mysterious Room }|{ Assumed Morning }|{ {1}

The tiny Riolu shivered, plumy tail whipping between his legs as he curled up on the rough concrete floor. The pads of his paws scraped across the thick slab of largely flat stone, feeling the tiny bubbles and flecks of uneven stone.
    His dark nails, unclipped since his trainer had died, scratch the rock. There is still soft dark earth trapped under each nail and the scent of wet earth heavy on his fur and he clings to the rich organic scent in his confusion.
    Only second before he had been standing on top of a grassy hill with the warmth of the sun on his fur; now he was slumped over on the cold hard floor.
    A pulse of pain runs up one dark furred leg as he moves it closer towards him and a tiny whimper of pain leaves the azure canine snout.
    The silence of this place seems to devour the small sound and Taph swiftly slams his paws over his mouth to prevent more noises of fear from escaping.
    His red eyes roll back and forth in their sockets as he gulps in air in desperate gasps. His nostrils flare as he breathes in the scent that permeated this place and set his heart beating faster.
    It was blood.

A sick feeling of fear rolls in the child's stomach, running along his spine and up his neck.
    Trying to make as little sound as possible he edges closer to the bed's buckled metal frame and the filthy sheets that concealed him from view. The horrible smell makes him feel like throwing up; a horrible mixture of unnatural chemicals, plastic and the sharp scent of blood that cut through all other smells like a crimson knife.
    Blood, blood, blood...
    Taph's scarlet eyes dart nervously from side to side as he takes in the tiled wall, the frame of a metal door just at the edge of his sight and high above a small barred window perhaps large enough for him to wriggle through if he had some way of yanking out the bars.
    His pricked up ears twitch, fear enhancing all of his senses. He can hear breathing!

Arceus above, something was out there!
    The tiny Riolu shrinks further back into the shadows at the side of the bed and finds himself bumping against the bed frame. The sheets shift audibly and heart beating in his throat the Riolu scrambles backwards.
    He hears the sound of another pokemon talking nearby, in the very same room he was in.
    Audibly whimpering in fear Taph finds himself picking up the corner of one of the fallen sheets like a child's comforting blanket and holding in tight to his chest.
    There was so much blood, the air reeked of the violence that had been done here.
    Nearly crying Taph presses his back against the wall, curled up in a pathetic twisted heap and closes his eyes tightly in the childish hope that it might all go away.
    "I do believe in fairies, I do believe in fairies, I do believe in fairies..." He recites to himself over and over in a hushed whisper as if the creatures of his childhood stories could actually rescue him if he believed hard enough.

Last edited by Kaze on Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Coding correction)
    Moon Moon
    Moon Moon
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Moon Moon Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:19 am

Abandoned Medical Facility, Unknown Location
    Possibly morning (?)
    ~:Post count||1:~

Where...Where am I?
    Nothing...There is nothing. No what, no where, no when...and I feel nothing.
    Am I fine with this? How odd.
    No matter. Time to wake up.

The Sentry lay apparently lifeless, on the cold concrete floor. His head and 'arm' modules sprawled out on the floor next to his torso, resembling very much like the dusty machinery around him. Something inside of him, a 'heart' of sorts activated and pulsed once, twice, three times and soft blue light started to emanate from his eyes quiet hum started to thrum from the Porygon.
    Slowly...The Sentry re-initiated his systems, rebooting his sensory receptors. First came touch, what he felt against his exedermal layers was cold hard and smooth and slightly porous in places. Already intrigued, he proceeded. Smell was next, and what he did smell alarmed him greatly.
    Iodine...Chlorine...There are many chemical solutions present...and blood. Local area theorized to be a medical facility. Must gather more data.
    The Sentry continued with starting up his auditory receptors.

"Of course. It's never that fucking simple."

Sounds agitated. Must execute caution when fully reinitialized.

"I do believe in fairies, I do believe in fairies, I do believe in fairies..."

Now this voice was very close by.
    Sounds adolescent, albeit stressed. Threat level approximated to be minimal. Further observation desired. Initializing Optical start-up...
    Finally, His eyes grew bright and flashed white for a split-second with the reboot, and gradually grew their normal red color and with heavily dilated pupils they slowly looked about the room, taking in it's dehabilitated appearance and sinister looking instruments and also noting the white quadruped in the far corner. After scanning 3 times in recession, the glowing red orbs focused on the Riolu who was hiding near-by.
    "Blue mammalian, In-n-n-n-nquiry. What is a 'Faaaaaaaairies?'"
    He called out in a somewhat weary and distinctly synthetic tone.

((Arrrgh...Sorry about lousy post. I, like T was really tirred when I made this one...I'll fix it more when I wake up tommmorrow))
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:07 pm

Mysterious Room|Assumed Morning|1

Tossing and turning, Mathias woke up from a nightmare. He looked around seeing bloodstains all over the place. Surgical equipment to his right and to his left a machine with a blank screen. "Of course. It's never that fucking simple." He heard voices coming from across from him. "I do believe in fairies, I do believe in fairies, I do believe in fairies..." He soon realized he wasn't alone in this place. "Where the hell am I and why is there voices coming from across the room." He simply had no idea what was going on, but he felt a heavy air as if there was danger all around them.  

Getting up, he began thinking to himself whether or not he should try talk with whatever voices are communicating. "Blue mammalian, In-n-n-n-nquiry. What is a 'Faaaaaaaairies?'" There was something else in the same room. Mathias started walking towards what appears to be 3 Pokemon trying to open the door. He couldn't stand by and do nothing, but if he tried to use any of his fire attacks, it could burn the entire place down on top of them. "How the hell did we end up here and where are we." The Charizard was in complete confusion. His conscience was gripping hospital, but his eyes was seeing something else. It was seeing hell on earth and he woke up to it.

He looked at the other pokemon, but he didn't know what else to say. Was he alert of what's going on? He shook his head in disbelief. "So how are we going to get out of here?" He began pacing back and forth thinking on how to get out of that room he's in. He knew fire isn't going to work especially when there's a danger of causing the chemicals to explode. The only thing he knew right now was to introduce himself to the others. "My name's Mathias, nice to meet you guys." Death was around them in different forms, but what if they could be used to help them get out of there. He sat down and started to think of a way and if it succeeds, they'll be free from this hellish room.
    Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Duma Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:08 am

Mysterious Room~Assumed Morning~2

Glass was right about there being others in the room with her. She looked around for the voices she heard, wondering who was in there with her. "I do believe in fairies, I do believe in fairies, I do believe in fairies..." The fuck? Who the fuck was that? Wow, I get the fucking idiots. She thought, looking around. A Charizard, A Riolu and a Porygon. The Charizard and Riolu look fine, though the porygon looks to be infected. Fucking wonderful. Glass thought, looking as the Charizard introduced himself as Mathias.

Glass looked around again for any sort of way out, even though she knew there was none. May as well socialize. "I'm Glass." She muttered, looking towards Mathias. "The place is pretty well locked down. Mathias was it? Have you got any moves that we could use to melt metal?" Glass said, intent on getting to the point and getting the hell out of the fucking medical room.

((OOC: Ugh, shitty post is shitty. Sorry it's so short, I'm tired and I can't really think properly right now. Next one should be better.))
    Kaze
    Kaze
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Kaze Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:06 pm

Mysterious Room }|{ Assumed Morning }|{ {2}

"Blue mammalian, In-n-n-n-nquiry. What is a 'Faaaaaaaairies?'"
    Taph flinches at the sound of another voice and covers his ears with his blue-furred paws, tiny nubs of silvery metal showing through the layer of moist mud still drying on his arms.
    It sounds harsh to his sensitive ears, artificial and with a mechanical buzz that makes the Riolu afraid. It was loud, too loud. Someone was going to hear.
    He draws up the blanket around him. Dark muck smearing over the already dirty sheets from the mud still speckling his body Taph sucks a corner of the cloth to calm himself. He doesn’t notice the corner of the blanket is speckled with blood as he sucks at it; only that the metallic taste is calming him.
    The little fighting type’s cobalt tail holds itself between his legs and he trembles as he carefully peers around the warped metal posts of the bed frame.
    Red eyes.
    The small blue furred canine yelps in fear and scrambles backwards. The red eyes glow with burning centres and trickles of red show around their rims. A dull blue and pink assembly of geometric shapes is a Pokémon he cannot recognize but its angular body seems to flicker and Taph sees what seems to be a string of numbers running across what he guesses is one of the creature’s legs. Its artificial voice skips and repeats like a scratched record, drawing out the ‘a’ sound.
    "Fairies are miracles with wings..." He says softly in face of the strange Pokémon, red eyes wide with fear.
    "If you believe in them and have lots of happy thoughts you can fly." Taph adds in a tiny whimper and clutches the blanket close to him.

The Riolu’s breath catches in his throat as a shape suddenly unfolds from behind the other side of the beds, a shadow that seems to continue growing. It stretches and flexes and resolves itself in Taph’s vision as the corner of a deep blue wing membrane. Two bumps of shadow across the wall turn out to be nubby horns protruding from an orange scaled draconian skull.
    The Charizard’s head turns. A deep scar runs across its snout in a patch of bare pink skin where the scales have been torn away.
    Its eyes…are blue and its voice deep. As it paces back and forth its footsteps seem to make the concrete floor tremble.
    Despite its intimidating size and the bright flame blazing powerfully on its tail it barely glances in his direction.
    Orange firelight reflects in Taph’s red eyes and he tightly cuddles his blanket.
    The knobs of silver metal that protrude from the back of his blue furred paws and the golden metal collar that rings his neck mark the steel type he will gain on evolution. The large fire type introduces himself as “Mathias” but it is not looking at him.
    The Charizard’s blue eyes are instead focused on a white shape near the large metal door; another Pokémon.
    Moon Moon
    Moon Moon
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Moon Moon Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:15 pm

Abandoned Medical Facility, Unknown Location
    Possibly morning (?)
    ~:Post count||2:~
    ((Forgive me for the late post, Things have gotten a little hectic around my house the last few days. Thank you for your patience.))

"Fairies are miracles with wings...If you believe in them and have lots of happy thoughts you can fly."

Slowly, the Porygon got gradually closer to the cowering Riolu, buzzing slightly with his continuing approach. Looking at the bed almost like a small child he whispered his reply in a depressed tone.
    "Happiness? I...don't know what that is. All I've ever known is lonlinesssss...."
    He turned he sight to the ground, twitching his head like a broken wind-up toy. He stopped though when he had a sudden thought.
    Wait. That statement is false. I encountered a male Ninetails at 1200 hours yesterday.
    "Then where is he?"

Turning back to the Riolu much more alert than in the previous minutes and looked him directly in the eyes, his own burning with an unknown fire.
    "Mammalian. Have you sighted any large golden vulpines recently?
    The Porygon was rather perturbed at the small fighting-type's lack of affirmation and rotated his his head in the air 90 degrees to get a look at what the Riolu was afraid of.
    His pupils grew to a size that was somehow even larger than when he was first booting up, and beheld the large dragon as it towered over everyone else in the room. What made the Porygon the most fearful was the large, orange fire that streaked up towards the filthy ceiling from his muscular tail.
    "Oh my...!"
    He whimpered.
    His cognitive functions, still obviously not to full operating capacity scrambled to pull up information on this species of Pokemon which was luckily one of the surviving entries of the Kanto Pokedex.
    Okayokayokayokayokayokay let's see what this guy is:Species #006, Charizard, The Flame Pokemon, Its wings can carry this Pokémon close to an altitude of 4,600 feet. It blows out fire at very high temperatures, Estimated level:40-50, Threat Assessment:HIGHLY DANGEROUS USE EXTREME CAUTION
    Is there any way out? Yes a door! That appears locked and has the Charizard standing in front if it.

"Meep."
    And with that sagely statement, the Porygon then proceeded to freeze in place from pure terror.
    "Wait! He's attempting communication! Perhaps he doesn't want to turn me to cinders! Would a courteous introduction work here?
    "It's better than hiding in a corner...

Working up what (little) courage he had, the Sentry tentatively approached the large, and frankly rather menacing Charizard, twitching all the way.
    Don'tmakeanerrordon'tmakeanerrordon'tmakeanerrordon'tmakeanerrordon'tmakeanerror
    He had the crane his head in order to look at the Charizard's face properly to speak, and with red liquid that looked suspiciously like blood streaming from his eyes, the Sanguine looking Porygon spoke
    "Ummmmmmm, Hi-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i--e-e-e-?"
    Doh! That was horrible! Now he'll think your some sort of mental degenerate! Do BETTER!!! Your life is on the line!

Taking a deep shuddering breath to calm himself, he continued after that awkward silence
    "I-I mean! Good day to you Mathias. I am Porygon Sentry unit T-6321, a-a-and if I may be of service I'll gladly help you open that door. If I may ask a question, how skilled are you with your flames?"
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:37 am

Mysterious Room|Assumed Morning|2

Crossing his arms he walked towards the locked door. He tried opening it normally, noticing the lock could have been jammed. "Its jammed alright, but a bit of work with flamethrower would weaken it." He knocked on the metal just enough to know how strong it could be. "The place is pretty well locked down. Mathias was it? Have you got any moves that we could use to melt metal?" The Absol named Glass asked him. Turning his head with a smile on his face. "Yeah, but it might take some time to get the lock weakened. This is some rather thick metal." He noticed something just off to the side. A Porygon that was infected, but rather wanting to help. "I-I mean! Good day to you Mathias. I am Porygon Sentry unit T-6321, a-a-and if I may be of service I'll gladly help you open that door. If I may ask a question, how skilled are you with your flames?" Mathias turned around noticing how nervous T-6321 was. He smiled once again and spoke calmly. "You don't have to be nervous around me and I'm somewhat skilled with flamethrower, but I'm not that great at long range." He also seen a Riolu holding a bloodstained blanket frightened by something.

He walked over to the Riolu, but he couldn't say anything to him since he was afraid. Returning to the door he starts concentrating on getting the lock off it. "This is gonna be a tough one, but once I pop this lock off though, who knows what might be on the other side." Mathias begins to work on the door. In his thoughts escaping was the first thing and the second, was finishing what he set out to do. Before he started blowing fire on the lock, he needed to test his flamethrower attack on some of the surgical equipment. "Better get some practice in first, can't be to sure how much fire might escape on the initial puff." He walked over and blew some fire on the equipment. noticing it might take a bit of fire in order to get it to melt. He finally got it to where he can concentrate it on one small area. Now he was ready to work on the door.
    Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Duma Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:45 pm

Mysterious Room~Assumed Morning~3
    Well at least they weren't all idiots. Glass watched as Mathias tested his fire on some of the medical equipment, and fought the urge to facepaw. "Y'know some of that shit could be flammable right? I'd rather not have my fur singed by exploding chemicals." She said, pointing out the obvious. The main thing that was stuffing with Glass's head was the fact that the porygon seemed willing to help. Huh, probably to gain our trust then fucking stab us in the back. Glass thought, narrowing her eyes at the porygon, before another sound caught her attention. Turning her head towards the sound, she noticed the Riolu again.

Poor kid, probably scared out of his wits with all of us around, not to mention the fucking ticking time bomb of infection. No fucking way am I getting bitten by that piece of shit. She thought, looking back towards the door. "My Razor Wind can help to weaken the hinges on the door if the fire fails to help." Glass mentioned, looking back towards the Porygon. "Lets get this straight. I don't trust you, but if we're going to get out of this hell hole, we'll need everyone to pitch in. Have you got any move that could weaken the hinges on that door?"

Glass knew that she was treading on thin ice, especially with an infected in the group. Lets just hope that my judgement doesn't get us all fucking killed. She thought grimly, inspecting the hinges on the door again. Each was well kept, which lead Glass to suspect something going on in their little room. Though on further inspection, there was a tiny bit of rust, barely noticeable on each hinge. Extreme temperatures either way of a thermometer could be the key to busting them out.

"Mathias, before you go to work on that lock, take a look at the hinges. They're made of thinner bits of metal, and they do have a tiny bit of rust on them. Maybe if we can melt one, and freeze the other, we can break the hinges and get rid of the whole damn door." Glass said, stepping back to allow the Charizard to survey the hinges. If they can break the hinges, it'd negate the problem of size. But it'd leave us wide open from anything on the opposite side of the door. She thought, contemplating their options in her head.

((OOC: Glass, you never cease to amaze me with your ideas...))
    Kaze
    Kaze
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Kaze Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:19 pm

Mysterious Room }|{ Assumed Morning }|{ {3}

The young Riolu curls up, tail held between his legs, and hugs the filthy blankets close.
    He hunches over unnaturally in an attempt to hide himself from the sight of the others and whimpers softly.
    His bright red eyes flicker back and forth across the room with the looming bloody beds towering beside him. There was no golden furred fox anywhere, if there had been the sheen of its coat would have shone in the gloom, but there was no sign either that the two Eeveelutions that had been his only friends had ever existed.
    He clutched his blanket close to his chest where the folds of white cloth concealed his bitten ankle and the patches of purple where his dark fur had started to fallen out.
    His gaze shifts away from the huge metal door. He was too weak to do anything to break it but just maybe if he tried really hard.
    Taph closed his eyes and concentrated as hard as he could. He just needed to believe...If only he could believe hard enough!
    Pachi...Glalie...Please come back... He thinks as he curls up and prays to the fairies to help him.
    Please give my friends back and please take me to somewhere nice. He sniffs, thinking of the nice Jolteon and the cool Glaceon that had helped him out. He was so, so lonely.
    Hugging the stained sheets closer to himself he whimpers and prays all the harder.
    He wants to be safe...He wants to have friends but he is so afraid.
    Afraid of the Absol and the Charizard with the burning tail and the pink and blue thing with the mechanical voice.
    Silently and unnoticed the Riolu starts to cry.

Why did he have to be so useless? Why had he been born this way, unable to help anyone. He hadn't been good enough for his parents, he had failed his trainer and even the ghosts of the tower. He had gotten bitten and now he was going to die, frail and alone with no-one to hold his paw.
    He couldn't even kick properly.
    Taph rolls over to hide his face from the other pokemon. He had no fire or ice moves; his Quick Attack or Dig were useless here and his legs still throbbed with pain from his last failed attempt to kick. If he couldn't use that move when his friends were in danger how could he use it to try and bust down a door.
    His parents were right; he was a failure since the beginning.
    Curled up Taph does the only thing he can think of; he believes in fairies with all his heart.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:46 am

Mysterious Room|Assumed Morning|3

He caused a small fire to erupt from his mouth, but Glass had shouted at him. "Y'know some of that shit could be flammable right? I'd rather not have my fur singed by exploding chemicals." Mathias looked confident with his smile. "I'll be careful not to hit them, but I would rather practice on the metalic things." He blew on the surgical knife until the metal got to hot where it melted away. A smile started appearing on his face. "I got the size down to where it won't spread out far." He walked right back to the door, but before he made it to the door the Riolu was starting to cry. Mathias felt sad for the Riolu's sorrow and fear, so he sat down right beside him. "Are you okay kid? You seem rather lonely and sad about something." Mathias had no idea about the Riolu having a wound on his foot. He felt that if he would talk to him, maybe he'll be less afraid.

Mathias stared at Glass and with a sad look. "I'll work on the door in a bit, but this kid is scared about something." Sitting with him Mathias felt a sense of honor within and he made a promise. "We'll get out of here kid, I promise you that I'll do what I can to get us out alive." Mathias got up and asked the Riolu for his name. Afterwards, he walked right back to the door. He blew a bit of fire on it to check the door's integrity. "This ain't your ordinary door, but the lock should change everything." How he was able to think of that was still strange even for him, but his fire should prove worthy. Just as he was about to blow on the door lock, Glass spotted something that could make it easier. "Mathias, before you go to work on that lock, take a look at the hinges. They're made of thinner bits of metal, and they do have a tiny bit of rust on them. Maybe if we can melt one, and freeze the other, we can break the hinges and get rid of the whole damn door." Mathias began noticing it too. "She's right, but I'm also concerned that whether there's any infected behind this door or not."  He began tapping the hinges with his claws. They appear to be rusted and weak and somewhat flimsy. "Okay Glass, if my fire fails to destroy either of the hinges then we'll go with plan B." Mathias started to take some deep breaths before he began.
    Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Duma Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:54 pm

Mysterious Room~Assumed Morning~4
    Glass watched as Mathias talked to the Riolu, then went to work on the hinges. Looking back towards the Riolu, Glass noticed the bite mark on it's leg. Shit, how'd I miss that? I wonder if that means the kid's infected? Glass thought, turning her attention to the main focus - The door. Listening intently, Glass waited for any sound of something on the other side, but she heard nothing. Sighing, she walked towards where the Riolu was. Sitting down beside the fighting type, Glass sighed. "You okay kid? I bet I can guess how you're feeling. One moment your in a place that you actually know, and feel somewhat safe, the next, in a random medical room of nightmares with unfamiliar Pokemon." Glass said, attempting to make the kid feel better. She was never one for making others feel better.

Giving the little Emanation Pokemon a kind look, she walked back over to Mathias to check his progress on the hinges. Even though they were thinner metal than the lock, the metal was barely even red. Something's up here. Normal metal doesn't take this long to melt. Glass thought, narrowing her eyes.

"Mathias, the metal is taking ages to melt... I have another idea for getting this door off. Continue flaming it, and once it get a bit hotter, I'll hit it with a Razor Wind. The heat should weaken it, and the Razor Wind should slice through the hot metal." Glass said, wheels turning in her head as she simulated what should happen in her head.
    Kaze
    Kaze
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Kaze Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:54 pm

Mysterious Room }|{ Assumed Morning }|{ {4}

Taph wipes his eyes with the back of one paw. Now everyone was looking at him...
    He sniffs loudly and draws his blankets closer around him, hiding the patch of discolored fur on his bitten foot from view as his bright red eyes well up with tears once more.
    Be brave...
    The large fire type approaches him with the blazing tip of its tail held away from the Riolu. It's dark wing twitch faintly with it's movements and its large horned head turns towards him. It's jaws were reptilian, a crocodile's jaws filled with many sharp teeth as it opened them to speak.
    Taph feels its hot breath across his fur as it spoke but there was no disgust or hatred in its sapphire blue eyes, merely concern.
    Taph sniffs again and wipes the last traces of moisture from the dark mask of fur that surrounded his eyes. His tears stop with his determination to be brave, though his wide red eyes still water.
    "T-T-Taph." He struggles to say his own name as the large draconian Pokemon politely asks it.
    With the warmth of his tears it feels like a lump has lodged in his throat, making it hard to speak. He swallows but the sensation sticks.
    "My name is Taph." He says with a whimper.
    The Riolu nervously touches his azure furred paws together as he hunches over, no longer crying but still scared.
    "How did I get here?" He timidly asks the large shape of the orange scaled dragon with the prominent scar.
    The big reptilian pokemon was scary looking but it promised to look after him and sounded like it meant it.

"You okay kid? I bet I can guess how you're feeling. One moment your in a place that you actually know, and feel somewhat safe, the next, in a random medical room of nightmares with unfamiliar Pokemon."
    Still nestled in the fallen sheets Taph looks over to find the white-furred pokemon padding over to his side as well. With bright red eyes and blades all over the pokemon settles beside him as well. It's words of comfort were more awkward that the orange scaled dragons, echoing with a false sincerity but the look in eyes as red as his own speaks louder than the attempt at reassurance. He wasn't good at speaking either...
    His supply of confidence exhausted he simply nods in acknowledgement of the other pokemon's words. His eyes are no longer watering.
    Be brave...You can be brave.
    Curled up in the corner, his spine twisted unnaturally as was his old nervous habit, the Riolu watches with wide eyes as the dragon pours flames out of his mouth onto the metal door. For reasons he can't explain the sight of fire engulfing the strips of metal and making them start to glow with heat makes him feel uncomfortable in the pit of his stomach.
    His grip on the filthy sheet he was using as a comforter loosening he looks around for the strangely angular pink and blue Pokemon with the artificial voice that stuttered as much as he did. He wanted to help somehow and maybe the small mechanical thing could help him figure out some way he could useful.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:26 pm

Mysterious Room|Assumed Morning|4

Mathias blew on the hinges as much as he could, but the metal wasn't showing any signs of melting. "Odd, they should have melted by now." He kept blowing on it just to make sure he wasn't just imagining things. "Mathias, the metal is taking ages to melt... I have another idea for getting this door off. Continue flaming it, and once it get a bit hotter, I'll hit it with a Razor Wind. The heat should weaken it, and the Razor Wind should slice through the hot metal." Mathias started to think this might work, but what if he got hit with the Razor Wind as well. It was a risk he has to take. "Glass, how accurate are you with Razor Wind?" He closed his eyes to what the response could be. As he started to focus, he heard the voices of his friend calling for him. It became his determination to escape this hell he awakened to. He started taking deep breaths again hoping to heat the hinges back up.

In his mind he promised Taph that he'll get them out of there alive. He intended to keep that promise. The Hinge started to turn a bright color revealing a weak spot in it. "Glass, did you see that just now? I got a feeling if we hit that tiny weak point we'll get out of this place." Mathias looked back at Taph. He smiled and asked Taph something. "Taph, if you know any fighting moves it would be a great help even if it isn't powerful, it can make a difference." He knew the Riolu isn't strong, but he had confidence that he would be helpful on knocking the door down. He nodded at Glass and Taph, then finally nodding at T-6321. "Okay Glass, be careful not to hit me by mistake." He started to take deep breaths again until he unleashed his fire on the top hinge first. He had his trust on Glass and had no regrets. "Once we get out of here, I'm going to get back to her."
    Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Duma Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:14 am

Mysterious Room~Assumed Morning~5
    "Glass, how accurate are you with Razor Wind?" Glass grinned at the question. "I'm about as accurate as a pokemon with the move Lock On." She said, hinting that she was pretty damn good with her accuracy. She watched as the metal turned a pink-ish color, then to red."Glass, did you see that just now? I got a feeling if we hit that tiny weak point we'll get out of this place." Glass nodded. "Yea. I got it." She said, her head scythe glowing white with the power from the move.

"Taph, if you know any fighting moves it would be a great help even if it isn't powerful, it can make a difference." Glass knew what Mathias was getting at. A Fighting move would help to weaken the lower hinge without having to freeze or melt it. She looked towards the hinge, which was cooling a bit. Let's just hope this works! She thought, aiming directly at the hinge.

"Okay Glass, be careful not to hit me by mistake." Glass bit back a laugh. "I wouldn't be very trustworthy if I did hit ya now would I?" She joked, watching as Mathias heated up the hinge again. When it reached the red-to-white point, Glass took a step back, took aim, and swung her head, loosing the white scythe.

She had aimed perfectly. The white crescent scythe flew past Mathias, and struck the hinge through the center. A small cloud of smoke emerged from the hinge as the metal rapidly cooled, and when the smoke cleared, the hinge was split in two. The bottom hinge had a slight cut in the top where the bottom of the Razor wind had hit.

Glass grinned, her plan had worked great. "Yea! Now that is how you bust a door down! Now we just gotta get the bottom hinge!" Glass said, fighting the urge to whoop with joy. That was one of the most accurate Razor Winds I've ever thrown! Damn I'm good. She thought, looking towards Mathias.
    Kaze
    Kaze
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Kaze Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:03 pm

Mysterious Room }|{ Assumed Morning }|{ {5}

Nervously Taph rubs at the dark fur of his legs. The muscle beneath is stretched uncomfortably taut from his earlier failed attempt at using his one Fighting Type move he knew, its pain was now no stronger than a dull ache but it reminded him of his constant failure.
    Without meaning to his shoulders hunch over defensively, making his spine curve in an unnatural position for his species and making him appear as small as he can possibly. His blue paws reach for the plumy tip of his long tail and pluck at the azure hairs nervously.
    He was afraid. He was always afraid. He was afraid of letting everyone down again, he was afraid they'd hate him for his failure, he was afraid of the plague running through him and he was afraid of dying.
    Taph was afraid of so many, many things.
    With a soft whimper he licks his messy fur into place and takes a deep breath. The blue fur on his cheeks is still wet and roughly spiked up from his tears but he had to try and be brave otherwise he would never get out of this scary place.
    "I-I can try to Hi Jump Kick." The Riolu's voice cracks on the word 'try' as it brings up unpleasant memories.
    Even as a young pup the dull colored auras of disappointment from both parents and trainer had stuck in his memory, hovering over any thoughts of using the move like dark rain clouds.
    All he could do is try and even then he would probably just disappoint them like he disappointed everyone.
    He couldn't even save his friends when they were depending on him, how could he do it when it was something so simple as breaking down a door.

Standing shakily the little Riolu lets the blanket fall from his shoulders as the metal cools in a pool of smoke. One of the hinges was broken already, maybe when he couldn't do it they could break the other one without him...
    No, Taph shakes his head rapidly to clear the negative thoughts from it. He would be confident, he would be a brave lost boy and help save everyone.
    "P-Please move out of the way..." He asks quietly, nervously rubbing his paws over each other as his tail twitches behind him. His short black claws scratch at the concrete as he gets into position for a run up, making little clicking noises on the rough floor. They need to be trimmed but there has been no human to care for him for a long time...
    Gulping Taph nervously turns his scarlet eyes on the door. It looms to the little Riolu, a man-made mountain of metal but he tightly squeezes his eyes closed and breathes deeply.
    I can do it...I believe.
    Taph stands, no longer hunched over nervously but fully upright and the little Riolu seems taller than ever.
    "I'm doing it!"
    With that last triumphant cry Taph turns and runs towards the door, leaping in the air with one knee raised in an attempt to hit the strip of metal holding the door closed with a powerful Hi Jump Kick.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:27 pm

Mysterious Room|Assumed Morning|5

Blowing on the top hinge, Mathias kept enough distance from it so he doesn't get hit by a shrapnel. "Yea! Now that is how you bust a door down! Now we just gotta get the bottom hinge!" Finally, one was damaged enough to slide the bottom part out. He still felt that the top hinge wasn't finished, due to the top half still hanging on. "Damn it, the top half is still hanging on, but only if we could somehow slide it out." Mathias closely inspected the top half and found out it had something lodged in it. "The hell is that thing!? It's keeping the top piece of the hinge from falling out." This had Mathias concerned and whether he was to look more closely or not made him on edge. Suddenly Taph spoke nervously, but confident. "P-Please move out of the way..." He backed away from the door for Taph. Nodding at the Riolu he watched the hi-jump kick hit the bottom hinge. Shocked, he just seen the hinge move upwards slightly as if it was hit by a hammer. "I never seen Hi-jump Kick used like that before, but that kid isn't an ordinary Riolu."

Mathias looked more suprised when he seen Taph's infected foot. "Oh no, his foot's bitten and yet he's so young." He knew something was different, but he then pondered another possibility that the infection may have increased Taph's strength. Shaking his head at the idea though, he then started hearing something in the vent shaft. "Sounds like something metal fell down in the vent." He thought it was an infected pokemon, but no other sound was heard not even movement in it. He went back to staring at the door again. "Glass, that top half of the top hinge is going to be a problem, something's wedged in it. You might have to look closely." He looked at Taph with a sign to wait for a bit. "Taph hold on a sec there's something in the hinge on the top."
    Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Duma Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:16 am

Mysterious Room~Assumed Morning~6
    Glass looked towards the sound of something in the laundry chute. She had originally skimmed over it due to the bloodstained clothes and sheets clogging the entrance, but now it seemed the vent needed a closer look. Walking over to the chute, Glass held her breath, she never liked the smell of blood, though she could live with it if she had to. Studying the bloodstained sheets with careful eyes, Glass took in every detail.

Blue surgical cloths stained with blood were mixed with white medical clothes, as well pale blue sheets. There wasn't one piece of fabric that wasn't stained with blood. Backing up, Glass let out the breath she was holding before taking another and looking towards the sheets again. They may have been sterile once, but who knew what could happen if she breathed in the smell.

"Glass, that top half of the top hinge is going to be a problem, something's wedged in it. You might have to look closely." Glass backed away from the laundry chute to look at what Mathias was talking about. lifting herself onto her back legs, Glass rested her front paws on the door for support as she studied what was lodged in the hinge. "That does look to be a problem. That could have been what made it difficult to heat up. If that's the case, we need to give the thing a good hit to get that out, it's stuck pretty well." Glass said, her dark red eyes narrowing at the object wedged in the hinge.

She could still smell the iron tang of blood that hung around the room, and it made her feel slightly dizzy. She hated the smell of blood, but she never minded the sight of it. Shaking her head to clear her thoughts, Glass sunk back down onto four paws. She was starting to get weary of this room and the feeling of uneasiness she had since she first woke up had yet to move. Something set her on edge about this room, but she couldn't quite figure out what.
    Kaze
    Kaze
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Kaze Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:31 pm

Mysterious Room }|{ Assumed Morning }|{ {6}

Knee hits metal and the tiny fighting type winces in pain as the impact runs through his already injured leg. To his surprise the strip of metal is jolted upwards, not entirely shattering as he wanted it to but still noticeably jolting where he's hit it. The Riolu's face twists into a wide smile. He's done it! He used the move and he didn't hurt himself!
    Beaming proudly at his achievement Taph lands firmly on his feet with a skitter of claws across the concrete.
    "Did you see me? Did you see me?" He yips excitedly, the small pain in his legs from his previous failure already forgotten in the euphoric rush of triumph.
    He'd done it! He'd actually done it!
    The fact that the hinge hadn't been completely destroyed (he was still too young to manage that) does little to squash his enthusiasm. He'd actually done it, he'd used Hi Jump Kick and it had worked! He could be useful after all!
    Happily he comes running up to the other two as they examine the clogged laundry chute. He's too short to properly see over the metal rim but the metallic stink of old blood and a few loose corners of cloth let him know the chute has been clogged up. Taph wrinkles his nose at the smell. Why was there dirty clothes shoved so far into the chute it was all blocked off? It can't have been to get them down to the laundry to be washed otherwise they wouldn't have shoved them all in at once.
    Maybe it was to stop something down in the laundry from climbing up?!
    The little Riolu puts a paw over his mouth. What if it was still down there?

"M-Maybe we should go back to looking at the d-door." Taph stammers, reaching up one paw to the large fire-type's clawed hand. He doesn't want to find out what it was that made that noise. He just wants to get out of this room and find a nice safe place where he doesn't have to be afraid anymore.
    "I-If there's just a little bit stuck...We could probably knock it out somehow..."
    Taph turns to look at the door. It is still solid and imposing, even with one hinge partially broken, but at the same time now he knows his kick will work he feels like they could probably break through it if they tried hard enough.
    He could help...
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:45 pm

Mysterous Room|Assumed Morning|6

Staring at the unknown metal wedged on the lower part of the broken hinge, Mathias tried blowing some fire on it. "Damn, this isn't going to work." He then tried to pull down on it, but it wasn't budging. Then, he started slashing it with all of his might. "Come on, budge damn it." He had no success what so ever. "I-If there's just a little bit stuck...We could probably knock it out somehow..." Mathias had no idea what to say. Only thing on his mind was finding out what the object is and how it is able to withstand so much heat. "It's in there pretty good, it's not sharp so that's good. That thing is completely fireproof and none of my fire attacks will work." He began wondering if the Bottom hinge has the same thing. He heated up the bottom one as well and surely enough it did.

He slammed his arm against the door in anger. He knew escaping from the room was more tougher than he thought. "I can't get that thing to budge and it's pretty thick. Maybe, if we all work together we could pull it out." He stared at both Glass and Taph with a confident look in his eyes. Taking a deep breath, Mathias grabbed onto the object once again. Once again, he was attempting to see how durable the object is. "It looks like 3 of us could pull it off, but we're going to have to use all of our strength to pull it out." Without a hitch Mathias had began to worry about the other one and if it's even stronger in durability. Just before Mathias was getting himself ready, he then asked Taph something. "Taph, where did you learn how to use Hi-jump Kick like that?" After that, he then asked Glass something. "I know you have razor wind, but do you have any moves that can help make any impact on that object?" Mathias was thinking this could be their hardest challenge yet.
    Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Duma Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:20 pm

((OOC:asdfg So sorry for the late reply!))
    Mysterious Room~Assumed Late Morning~7
    Glass looked troubled for a moment. "The only moves I have are Quick Attack, Razor Wind, Bite and Future Sight." She said, wondering which ones could help them here. Glass looked at the object wedged in the hinge. What the fuck are we going to do now? I don't a move that we can use to get that out. Or maybe I do... Glass thought, suddenly getting an idea.

"Hey Mathis, Taph, what moves have you got? We could blend them together to knock that god damn thing out." Glass said, eyeing the place the object was wedged in. Rearing up onto her hind legs again, Glass balanced her front paws on the door to inspect how it was wedged in.

A good solid hit would be able to knock it out, but how are they going to get the power to knock it out? If they had the right moves, they could combine their moves, but what if none of them had the right moves? Were they going to get stuck in this room forever?
    Kaze
    Kaze
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Kaze Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:39 pm

Mysterious Room }|{ Assumed Morning }|{ {7}

Taph nervously runs his paws over each other.
    "My Dad...He tried to teach me..."
    Tears well in his red eyes at the memory.
    He remembers the Blaziken's stern beak turned up in disapproval as the blue-furred pup sprawled in the dirt for the third time. The first time he had cried at the pain that shot through his thighs when he tried to kick. Instead of picking him up and drying his tears the Fire Type had pulled him to his feet and made him try again and again, the dark aura of disappointment growing stronger and stronger with every try. Eventually he had stopped crying.
    He tried the kick until he was weak and trembling with fatigue and still his father had not let him rest. His trainer looked at him with contempt and the weight of shame had bent his shoulders over to such a degree that he was labelled a cripple.
    He had tried until he fainted and, lying curled up in the dirt he had seen the disgust in his mother's aura as she left him behind. He had curled up in the cold that night, hugging his injured legs as night fell and strange and scary noises sounded around him. It had hurt too much to stand...
    It had been less than a day since he first hatched.
    "I know Dig, Endure, Quick Attack and Hi Jump Kick." He mumbles out, aware it isn't an impressive array of moves. Whatever the stuck thing was it was fireproof and tough and he was probably too weak to be able to dislodge it no matter how many times he managed to kick it...and privately he thought he probably couldn't pull it off again.
    Raising his nose in the air he sniffs at the harsh chemical and blood scented air, turning his nose towards the towering metal slab of the door. Once again he hunches over, back curling inwards and shoulders held higher than natural. He has no idea how to possibly break down this door. He sniffs again, lightly scratching at the metal with his dark dirt encrusted claws. Nothing. No weakness his nose can find in the metal.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:02 pm

Mysterious Room| Assumed Morning| 7

Mathias kept staring at the object, then he blew some fire just slightly above it. He found a weakness to it, but only way he'd be able to reach it is with his shadow claw. "Hey Mathis, Taph, what moves have you got? We could blend them together to knock that god damn thing out." He turned and stared at Glass. Taph told her the moves he knows.  "I know Dig, Endure, Quick Attack and Hi Jump Kick." Mathias had remembered seeing quick attack performed quite a few times by Surge's Raichu. He then decided to tell his moves. "I know Slash, Flamethrower, Shadow Claw, and Aerial Ace." He smiled confidently, but unsure what Glass was planning. Just as he turned around, he got an idea in his head. What if he used his Shadow Claw to grab the end of the object and the others did their other moves to help get it pried out. It was his only idea and it seems that it could be the same idea for both Taph and Glass.

He had his concerns on the bottom hinge, but he would wait till they catch their breath after they get the object out of the top hinge. "Glass I'll try to use my Shadow Claw on the object to grab hold of it." Mathias was getting himself ready and took some practice grabs. He turned his head looking at Taph, smiling towards him with a hope for escape still. "I'm ready to get that object out of that door." With a deep breath a small closure of his eyes, Mathias' claws turned a ghostly purple color. He opened his eyes and nodded his head at both Glass and Taph. The look of determination had began glowing into Mathias' mind. It was their only shot at taking out the object. Mathias swung his claws right into the object and got a firm hold on it.
    Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Duma Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:59 am

Mysterious Room~Assumed Late Morning~8
    "I know Dig, Endure, Quick Attack and Hi Jump Kick." "I know Slash, Flamethrower, Shadow Claw, and Aerial Ace." Glass nodded as everyone named off their moves. Good. She could form a plan with those moves. She was just about to think up a good plan and voice it, when Mathias practically saw right through what she was thinking. "Glass I'll try to use my Shadow Claw on the object to grab hold of it." Glass grinned. "Nice. I can use Future Sight to loosen the object, and Taph, maybe you can use Quick Attack from underneath to drill the thing upwards. Could you use Quick Attack, but keep the speed and power on your front paws? Then you can hit it from under, while we pull it from the top." Glass said, not sure if Taph could focus his move's power to certain areas.

If he can pull that off, we can get this hinge off, and then we can start on the bottom hinge. Then I can get out of this fucking hospital room, and I can actually go to where I can actually relate to people. I never did work well with others. Particularly with fighting and normal types. I'll be glad to get out of here. Glass thought, her dark red eyes glowing magenta, her horn glowing a matching magenta as she used the psychic power of Future Sight. Building up the psychic energy, she focused on the object in the hinge, using the power of the move to loosen the hinge.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:29 am