|Species||#196, Espeon, the Sun Pokémon|
|Text Color||#CD6090, hotpink3|
|Height||2'11″ | 0.9 m|
|Weight||58.4 lbs. | 26.5 kg|
|Moves||- Hidden Power Fire [TM]|
- Calm Mind [TM]
- Pyschic [Learned]
- Future Sight [Learned]
- "Its fur is so sensitive, it can feel minute shifts in the air and predict the weather...and its foes' thoughts."
- A tracheostomy tube inserted in the middle of his trachea.
- -- --- ---------- --- -- -
- Xuan barely remembers his days as a little mewling kit, huddling close to his mother's warmth while humans already set out his pre-destined path. Before he even opened his eyes he was under the ownership of a girl named Melodis, not that he minded though, oh no, it was quite the contrary! From his early age he learned that making decisions was a pain--why bother going through the indecisiveness of choosing for yourself when others already set out a fate for you? From the moment he was finally taken to the girl's home and away from his birthplace, to the moments he spent with planned training and his trainer's other Pokemon, he enjoyed every last second of it. He didn't need to choose anything, he didn't need to worry himself over whether or not he wanted Torchic or Tauros for breakfast, he didn't even need to choose his own name! Xuan. It meant many, much like the many paths his species could take for evolution.
He was pampered and loved, and honestly--that was all he could ever ask for. He was happy, and although he'd never admit it, he loved his trainer. He enjoyed every pat and stroke that was given to him, and in return he strived to make Melodis proud of him. It was the least he could do, with the girl's cherishing nature and her easily planning out everything for him--the Eevee felt a little guilt grow inside him. Why was he doing nothing in return, while she gave him everything? He would work behind the scenes, sneaking out to train by himself to become stronger, and meticulously grooming his coat to become more beautiful than he already was. He was going to make the girl proud, no matter what. Xuan was determined to become her best Pokemon. He continued this schedule for months, months until he finally evolved into a Espeon. One day, a friend of Melodis' had requested to borrow Xuan for an upcoming Pokemon World Tournament, claiming that she needed a reliable Psychic-type for her team. His trainer trusted the other girl, and traded the male over believing that she would get her partner back the next day.
Everything had gone well so far, the girl he was sent over to, Dezirae, had full faith in the Espeon. Xuan reluctantly obeyed to the human's orders, not used to how strict or direct she was with her commands. They had become victorious for their first two battles, but found them easily defeated in their third match by a vicious Beedrill. Heartbroken, the girl had left the building, but to the psychic-type's surprise, she wasn't heading back to the Pokemon Center. Instead, she walked down a darker alleyway, slipping through the cracks between buildings and behind dumpsters as if she knew exactly where she was going. Within a few minutes they had arrived at her destination, an underground fighting ring where trainers entered their companions into death matches for money and fame. The Eeveelution felt his body go tense, a sharp fear coursing through him as he watched a Scizor mercilessly rip away the head of a Seviper, the crowd around them cheering and throwing shiny coins into the air.
He remembers the moment he was ushered into the ring, a Weezing exhaling noxious gas before him. He reassured himself, everything was going to be alright--after all, he had a type advantage, didn't he? Xuan had quickly set up a Calm Mind, as his opponent used a Nasty Plot...that's odd--the male never recalled ever seeing a Weezing with that move. Shrugging away his anxiety, he unleashed the most powerful Psychic he could--he had to win after all. He was walking on the tightrope of life, and if he fell he would never see Melodis again. His eyes glowed as he used his move, but stopped when he realized that it was doing absolutely nothing. It confusion, he watched in horror when the poison-type slammed it's body onto the ground, waves of dark energy sweeping through the room as it unleashed a Night Daze, it's form fading away to reveal a grinning Zoroark. He couldn't move his body anymore, and felt terror rise in him as the dark-type grabbed his skull, grinning as he was flung from wall to wall--he blacked out.
When he came to, he was surrounded by unfamiliar faces, a variety of nurses and doctors surrounding him. They all talked with fact, incomprehensible speech and wrote who-knows-what down on the paper on their clipboards. Xuan wasn't quite sure what the commotion was about, and his gaze soon drifted to Dezirae, along with an unfamiliar Deino who sat at the table in the corner of his room. He felt something off, his head spun and as he started to cough, he felt something uncomfortable in his throat. Confused, he reached to tough the area where the feeling came from, his paw brushing some cool...something made of metal. He blinked and looked down, gazing at a hole in his throat, a oval metal plate of sorts surrounding it. He took a breath, but found that air wasn't flowing through his nose but rather...the hole?
That was when it hit him.
There was a fucking hole in his throat, and in confusion her yowled, jumping from the bed that he was placed in. He thrashed against the hands of the doctors, eyes glowing as his Psychic swept the room. Vases fell and the windows burst from the force, but Xuan soon found that he was unable to control it. His head aches and spun and no matter how he tried he couldn't stop his power that went berserk. He panicked, crying and stumbling out of his bed only to be picked up by a dark figure, the Deino that was with his new trainer. He became still within her grip, her teeth digging into his scruff as she patiently waited for him to calm, and he did. Placed back onto the bed, the little dragon introduced herself as Apaise, a dark/dragon type that was unaffected by the Espeon's powerful moves. As doctors slowly got up from the rubble, they confirmed their suspicions with Dezirae. He had suffered brain injury during his match, he could no longer fully control his own powers, furthermore they had discovered a condition during the week he had fainted in the hospital. He stopped breathing for long pauses during the night, desperately gasping for air before settling down--only to repeat his actions. Due to his unstable health and complications, he was to retire from battle.
All of the information had confused Xuan. Why did this have to happen to him? It was all that wretched girl's fault for bringing him to those matchs, and he quickly grew to resent the girl. As soon as he was released from the hospital he attempted to run away, but was soon caught again by the girl. Reluctantly, the Espeon gave in. There was no escape anymore--he would have to retire into a life of tedium with his new 'master'. During the years that he had lived under Dezirae's ownership, he and Apaise became good friends. The young Deino was always there in case he flew into a Psychic fit, holding him by the scruff until he calmed down. The Eeveelution had also learned quickly how to clean out his new tracheostomy, realizing that his abilities would not go berserk when used gently, and soon he mastered using his move for small tasks.
On the day the Epidemic hit, Xuan had been walking in his trainer's gardens, enjoying the foliage that grew in the Spring. It had been one of the few things that was nice about living with this girl--she knew how to make her yards pretty. As he returned home, he could hear screaming and rustling, and quickly he leaped through the open window to see what was going on. Before him was a dark, two-headed figure that loomed over a dead carcass, ripped and broken to the point where it was nearly unrecognizable. The Espeon had demanded to know this foreigner's identity, and in return, he received two voices, one claiming it was Bellicoso and the other claiming it was Apaise. He felt himself stiffen and beging to back away, watching at how the corpse had vaguely resembled a human girl...just, barely. The long locks of hair, torn fingers and a leftover leg. Screaming, the psychic-type had quickly fled the scene, ignoring the murderer's cries to wait as he dashed into the forest. The shadows that surrounded him almost seemed to laugh, whispering dark words into his ears as he sprinted through the woodlands.
When he stopped at the clearing, he could hear the screaming and shouts of other humans. Was that monster killing everyone else, too? He could see faces in the bark of trees, smiling and grinning at him as he panicked. What was he going to do? In a state of terror he unleashed his Psychic, felling trees and slicing away the foliage around him as a dark shadow approached. In fear he flung the trunk of a dead birch towards the shadow, shrieking as he tried to escape, but soon found a familiar grip on his scruff, gentle yet firm. Was it Apaise..? In moments he calmed down, but still shaking in fear as he looked up at the figure that held him, before leaping away from it's grasp. There was no way the monstrosity before him was the young dragon he had become friends with. However, he froze when the Zweilous began to speak in a patient tone, explaining that it was really Apaise--she had only evolved. The Espeon had listened in silence, looking back on the small village they were in before inquiring as to what was creating the commotion back at the settlement. The two-headed beast had frowned, replying with a vague answer of "zombies" before grabbing Xuan's scruff, flipping him onto her back before racing away as fast as she could, the sounds of snarling and snapping jaws following close behind.
During their travels together, Xuan and Apaise...no, Bellicoso-Apaise (which he referred them as, he simply found it easier to address them collectively.) had worked together to survive. The Espeon quickly learned of what the world had become, observing the undead that rose from the seemingly still corpses littered around the city streets. Somewhere along their journey, the psychic-type had found the Zweilous a Everstone Necklace, placing it around Apaise's neck to easily identify her, and also because he didn't want her to evolve anymore. Afterwards the Eeveelution suggested perhaps travelling to Mistralton City The dragon had agreed, and soon the duo had set off into Chargestone Cave.
- He is well groomed and elegant, his sleek pink coat licked to perfection and paws devoid of any filth. He is proud of his beauty--and has a damn good reason to. His eyes are a deep, mesmerizing blue that he uses to charm any females he come across with ease--along with a matching, handsome smile. His only flaw is the small hole in the middle of his throat--a steel plate covering a small portion of the area around it. He takes care to clean his tracheostomy tube regularly, gently using his psychic abilities to remove any debris that finds it's way inside.
- Although his looks may deceive one into believing he is a charming, handsome young Espeon with a good heart, he is quite the contrary. He is deceitful and low, bound to no moral codes as he lies and tricks his way to his own personal goals. His true intents are never known until the last minute, often carrying ulterior motives and manipulating others without a single sign of regret. He is a mixture of many things, and at best he can be described as someone without a set personality, with occasions where he will break out of his demeanor and into a much more kind and generous being.
He is a complete womanizer and a sexist, seeing females as only tools to either help reach his goal or for his own enjoyment. He easily moves to seduce any of the opposite gender that he finds. Surprisingly, he is an open bisexual, and if he finds that a male 'fits his tastes', he will work to flirt with said male male as well. No matter how attached he seems to one Pokemon, he will easily abandon and forget about one if needed--acting as if the relationship had never existed.
He is a severe insomniac, due to both extreme stress and his growing fear of falling asleep. He would never admit this, however. Due to his chronic insomnia he experiences hallucinations often, and sometimes he does realize that what he is seeing is not there. He struggles to identify hallucinations however, and can be caught staring off into a blank space, or reacting to things that are not visible to others. He also sometimes has trouble seeing things, his vision becoming blurred for periods of time. This is another effect of his insomnia, and sometimes he fears that he will go blind.
- -- --- ---------- --- -- -
- Has a tracheostomy, and he cleans out the tracheostomy tube regularly with his psychic powers--carefully removing debris.
- His inability to fully control his psychic powers, along with his OSA was caused by an acquired brain injury when the Zoroark was flinging him around.
- He has terrible balance, which he believes stems from his brain injury. He can walk, run around, and sprint, but has a horrid time landing on his paws, turning mid-run without falling over, and in general just balancing.
- Suffers from both Chronic Insomnia and a severe care of Obstructive Sleep Apnea.
- Does realize that Bellicoso-Apaise loves him, but he does not reciprocate the feelings.
- Dezirae had refused to return Xuan to Melodis--feeling terrible guilty for what had happened. Due to lack of better judgement she decided to keep it a secret, and after the incident she had completely disconnected herself from Melodis. She even went as far as to move to a smaller settlement cities away, and even thought of changing her name.
- During the time he was with Melodis, he had levelled considerably and evolved. He was fed rare candies and also EXP Share'd for quick level gaining--which is why he already knew Psychic by the time he was traded over to Dezirae. Since his accident he had almost no battle-related activities and therefore didn't even gain a level during the years he stayed with his new trainer. This also has caused him to be severely out-of-practice, and has terrible accuracy with any kind of move. [He also has trouble moving and attacking at the same time, as well as coordinating his attacks with others. He has lost almost all knowledge of type effectiveness, and barely knows anything about the psychic powers his species contains--which he, as mentioned before, refrains from using anyways.]
- When admitted to the hospital, Dezirae had lied and said that Xuan was attacked by a rabid wild Pokemon in the forests to avoid being questioned about the underground matches.
- Dezirae had, unfortunately, paid for all the damages Xuan had done to the hospital out of her own pocket. She wasn't too happy about it, but being old enough to have a job [she was 18, at the time] she managed to get enough money.
- Due to the tube, he has limited vocal abilities and has a much harder time speaking than others. (He can barely croak out words, if any.) Instead, he communicates by psychic telepathy to Bellicoso-Apaise, which is easy for him due to their strong bond, and allows the Zweilous to speak for him. Occasionally, when he feels more confident in his abilities than usual, he will use telepathy to speak to others around him and not just the dragon--but this requires a much more careful concentration on his part and can easily escalate into a disastrous psychic freakout.
- Credit to Lost Eventide and Karkailse for Profile Layout
|Species||#634, Zweilous, the Hostile Pokémon|
#C73F17, chili powder [Bellicoso]
#62B1F6, tropical blue [Apaisé]
|Height||4'07" | 1.4 m|
|Weight||110.2 lbs. | 50 kg|
|Characteristic||Proud of it's Power|
|Moves||- Fire Fang [Breeding]|
- Dragon Rush [Learned]
- Crunch [Learned]
- Substitute [TM]
- The two heads do not get along. Whichever head eats more than the other gets to be the leader.
- An Everstone wrapped in string as a necklace around Apaisé's neck.
- -- --- ---------- --- -- -
- She was a child born in darkness, her sight non-existent in a world of scents and sounds. That's all she ever remembered, the cool breeze and the short laughter. Her mother was a tyrant, she recalls, every second night leaving the young Deino and her siblings alone to terrorize the nearby village. The waits for her return were always long, but when the weary Hydreigon returned, there was always good food and stories to be told.
The little dragon never knew her father, her mother often ranting about how he was a wretched thing, about how the male confessed his love but ran away when she had eggs. It had been an elopement, the Hydreigon would mutter, as their kind were not usually mating together. The Deino would often wonder what life with a father would've been like--but soon brushes the idea away. Her mother and her countless siblings were all she needed, nothing more and nothing less. The comfortable warmth of all of them huddled together was all she could ever ask for.
So when one night their mother was taking longer than usual, the little dragon huddled close to her siblings, dreaming of a world they cannot see. Amidst their fantasies they were awoken by grungy hands greedily grabbing at their small forms, gunshots and screeching mixing together in a malicious rhapsody. The Deino couldn't understand what was happening, squealing and writhing as a pair of large hands thrusted her into a bag of cloth, soon slung overs man's shoulder and carried away.
She vividly remembers the vibrations of the earth in the city streets, locked up in tight glass boxes with small holes on the top. She could hear a variety of sounds, but none of which she recognized. The beings around her spoke with a foreign tongue, conversing with odd sounds. It wasn't long before she found her cage being moved, the top of her confines flipped open and a cool, round object colliding with her face. She remembers the odd feeling her body tingled with, and a feminine voice that spoke the word "Apaisé".
The next few days she remembers settling into a foreign land, one filled with soft pelts and comfy pillows. The Deino was well taken care of, trained strictly to control her power in fear that she will one day become a monster like many of the Deino line before her. She was fed great food and loved dearly, the only Pokemon the girl who called herself "Dezirae" owned. Occasionally they would walk together down tight streets filled with the smell of beer and filth, through a labyrinth of broken doors and tunnels and to a place where the crowd cheered and raved for the strongest Pokemon. Apaisé never learned the true nature of that land, but she didn't care--because it was the only place the human would let her do as she pleased.
Do as she pleased she did, stumbling into the fighting rings and biting deep into unknown flesh with ease. She would tear away skin and fur, claw at the tense bodies and live off of their screams. Apaisé enjoyed every last second of her life here, feeding off of the loser's pain and misery. This was the good life. The Deino was nearly invincible here--she rarely lost, and if she was defeated, she would surely come back a second time. She would destroy them, rip apart their lives one by one until she finally reached first place.
One day, her trainer had gone to the Pokemon Center, bringing back a male that smelled vaguely of flowers and honey, who after being defeated in the Pokemon World Tournament, was carried off down to the underground rings. The Deino had eagerly followed, by now having memorized the way like the back of her foot. She liked this new Pokemon her trainer had received, his voice smooth and fluid and oh-so-charming. She could smell the fear from his pelt as he walked on stage, facing off against what the little dragon could easily identify as an old rival, a Zoroark.
The fight had been ridiculously quick, the male not realizing what the Zoroark was and quickly beaten to a pulp, flung around and hit onto poles. Devastated, her trainer only stood and watched, but Apaisé had better plans. She leaped into the ring, jaws snapping as she entered into a one-on-one with the illusionist. With ease her jaw had clamped onto his foot, the fox's disguises unable to trick one who is blind. The Deino had viciously ripped away his leg, gorging herself into the dark-type's intestines. The fight had already ended when it had begun, the dragon much more powerful than her foe.
As soon as the battle ended her trainer had ran to the local hospital with the wounded male, Apaisé trailing as fast as she could behind her. They arrived and admitted the wounded into emergency care, claiming that they had run into a vicious wild Pokemon. They had visited the new team member diligently every day, waiting for him to wake up. During his stay the doctors grew worried, concerned that the damage to his head would affect him severely, and they were correct. Two nights after being placed into a room he had stopped breathing during his sleep, and with permission from Dezirae, quickly preformed a tracheotomy on him.
On the day the male awoke, the doctor's second suspicion was proved correct, the male bursting into fits of in controllable energy which caused the humans to yell and run, but the little Deino couldn't feel a thing. Silently she had skipped over to the psychic, grabbing him by the scruff in an attempt to calm him, and after a few moments it had worked. Apaisé, proud of her actions, eagerly introduced herself, and learned that the new male's name is Xuan. Realizing that he was no longer able to control his powers, the little dragon had promised to always be there for him, and to make sure his fits didn't get out of hand.
Once Xuan was released from the hospital they had lived together in Dezirae's home, conversing together about their lives and experiences. They were quick to create a close bond, often walking with each other around their trainer's garden, or traveling through the city. More than once the male had expressed his animosity towards their trainer, and although it had initially made the Deino sad, she soon found that she loved Xuan more than her human.
So on the day of the Epidemic when Xuan was walking the gardens, Apaisé had approached the girl who owned her. With a swift motion she overpowered the human, biting into her soft skin while basking in the satisfaction her screams gave her. She ripped her apart, piece by piece, flinging the shreds of her organs like confetti. In that instant, she began to glow, her body tingling as it evolved and she grew a second head. At first, Apaisé was confused, looking around the world with her new, blurry sight before gazing at her double, whom eagerly dove into the puddle of flesh and gore.
Suddenly, a blurry pink figure had come from the window demanding their identity. Apaisé immediately recognized him as Xuan, and quickly re-introduced herself, whilst her other head called herself Bellicoso and continued her feast. The Espeon had raced away, and distraught at how things were turning out, the Zweilous forced herself to follow her friend, clambering onto the city streets. It was chaotic, humans bustling left and right to evacuate while a few broke in to the banks and homes. There were odd looking Pokemon, re-animating after gunshots to their hearts, moving long after they were confirmed dead. As her increasing concern grows, she followed the Eeveelution's scent trail to the forest.
When she found him, he had been having another one of his psychic fits, and as usual, she moved to calm him. After short talk and an explanation that she had merely evolved, the Zweilous plopped the Espeon on her back and set off away from the city. During their travel they grew to learn more about what was happening around them, and eventually set their sights out for Mistralton City, marching into the Chargestone Cave to get there.
- Your average Zweilous. Bellicoso's mouth is almost always covered in blood, the head never bothering to clean herself after killing or meals. Apaisé has an Everstone necklace around her neck.
- Bellicoso is much like her name suggests. She is a savage, vicious to the core, and all around a rather primitive being. She enjoys to gorge herself on food and seems to be much more violent than Apaisé. She enjoys spending time sleeping and joking around, and often joins Xuan when he begins to insult and mock others.
Apaisé in the other hand, tends to be enigmatic. Her demeanor is calm and patient, almost motherly at times. She has a reservoir of meaningful advice and good ideas that she calls upon in the spur of the moment. At first meeting, she would be mistaken for a pleasant character, when inside she is quite the opposite. She is sadistic, cruel, unforgiving, and seems to hold stalker-like tendencies for Xuan. She thoroughly enjoys the pain of others, and her killings often end up becoming more of a torture session. She is borderline insane, and can be terrifying to the point where both Xuan and Bellicoso fear her.
Contrary to what most may think, Apaisé is the dominant head, but neither Bellicoso not Apaisé ever mention anything about it. (Apaisé wouldn't want to scare potential victims off, while for Bellicoso it's more of a pride thing.)
- -- --- ---------- --- -- -
- Father was a Charizard who eloped with a Hydreigon out of their tribes to be together, but soon abandoned the mother and her children when he discovered that she had eggs.
- Bellicoso named herself in the spur of the moment, claiming that it sounded cool.
- Bellicoso and Apaise share the same level of intelligence, however they both use it differently. Bellicoso uses her knowledge to beat the living shit out of her opponents via type advantages and strategies, while Apaise tends to use her wisdom to give advice to others and comfort her companions.
- Both heads love Xuan dearly, and often fight over who gets to talk to him first, etc. they both realize that their feelings aren't returned, but that doesn't stop them from trying.
-> Credit to Lost Eventide and Karkailse for Profile Layout
Last edited by Lulu on Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:02 pm; edited 7 times in total