Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+2
Snitch
Silverishness
6 posters

The S.S. ANNE Team

Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

The S.S. ANNE Team Empty The S.S. ANNE Team

Post by Silverishness Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:37 am

Post 1

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The S.S. Anne| B Deck| Twilight

Night settled once more on the land, cloaking its inhabitants once more in darkness. Ever since the plague had been unleashed, nights were filled with screams of terror and hungry wrath alike, but now... nothing. Silence was the new soundtrack of the world-- eerie, unbroken silence. Even the waves were gentle as they lapped at the abused pier and sands in Vermillion, content with the passing of night.

A lone figure stood proudly still in the Vermillion waters; a regal cruise liner, still somewhat afloat. It rocked and swayed slightly with the waters' convincing, still firmly tethered to the pier. It was obvious something terrible had happened upon it, but then again, something terrible had happened everywhere nowadays.

Against the backdrop of stars and a moonless night, an umbreon perched on the still intact railing of the bow. Keeping his balance easily upon the metal railing, he surveyed the waters and pier nearby out of bored curiosity. An ear flicked, hoping for some sort of relief, but found none. A creak of the ship was all anything ever was. A small sigh escaped him as his gaze turned up at his nighttime obsession-- the stars above.

Dmitri was once again lost as to what to do with himself on the boat. Day time was easy enough to schedule- napping, foraging, scouting the ship's innards- but as night came, he found himself at a loss. Nocturnal by nature, his instincts told him to do exactly what he'd been doing all day, but he knew the fouler creatures arose as well. And, of course, better safe than sorry.

Standing and stretching on the rail, he slowly, carefully walked along its perimeter, crimson eyes studying the city below and ahead. It had been so still in the city, but after his past reapings of its treasures, he had found little reason to abandon his post to go looking around a devastated ruin he'd already scoured. Sure, the occasional undead came and went, but they usually never got past the incline leading into the ship. They always followed the natural path, or went into Diglett's Cave.

A small sigh escaped him, his sharp eyes once more finding nothing of interest as he once more settled to perch on the railing. Another night of counting stars, then... With his rings dimmed and no moon, he truly was nearly invisible, only the lack of stars indicating his presence. He sat perched like a gargoyle, a sentinel, guarding the ship and the treasures it held.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Anonymous

The S.S. ANNE Team Empty Re: The S.S. ANNE Team

Post by Guest Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:52 am

The S.S. Anne|Twilight
    (1)

She hated boats. Hated them. She had only set paw on the luxury liner less than a minute ago and already the rocking was threatening to make her lose her lunch, but fortunately she hadn't had any. She hadn't eaten in almost two days which was the whole reason she was on the stupid boat in the first place. It wasn't even a hard rock but more of a gentle sway. Hell the ocean would be considered calming if she was able to see it! But back to hating boats.

They were awful. Cold, dark, full of twists and corners that had no business being there... Yup. Definitely hated them. And even back when dead things weren't rising from the grave to try and eat her sneaky bastards were always hiding around those damn corners. How many times had she had to blast someone in the face with a Shadow Ball because she turned around and saw someone trying to hit her? Countless times. But then again she had never been accused of being subtle. The very fact that she was now trying to rely on a skill she had never developed past her first days was ironically laughable.

An Umbreon that couldn't sneak, even in the freaking dark.

Her eyes were adjusted to the darkness inside the ship but her paws certainly weren't, tripping into the most random things laying strewn about the floor. Pots and kettles especially. Was she in a kitchen? No... Then why the hell were they there?! Humans made no freaking sense sometimes! What had they been doing? Throwing kitchen utensils at the undead? Like that was going to work. It was no wonder they died if that was their only means of defense. Shrugging and trying not to sniffle in the cold interior of the ship Nyiera trudged forward, only minutely aware of the fact that she could be attract just any kind of attention with her noisy 'sneaking'. But really, what was the worst that could happen?
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:04 am

Post 2

The serene silence that he had immersed himself in was abruptly interrupted by clattering pots and pans, setting off one of the "alarms" he'd set within the higher deck of the boat. Head swiveling in the noise's direction, eyes flashing with intensity, Dmitri wasted no time in investigating. Keeping low to the ground after hopping down on his perch, his paws made no sound as he padded down into the cavernous hallways the ship provided. His expert skills in such stealth had kept him alive and healthy the time he'd spent fending for himself, both before and after the mysterious plague devastated everything it had touched.

He nearly melted in with the shadows around him, finding a perch on a metal pipe that ran the length of the hallway, watching for the intruder. Whatever had made the very dim mistake of crossing his territory would find their folly very soon. Rings still dimmed, tail and ears twitching in anticipation, he waited, ever the patient killer.

((I hope it's ok I used the pots bit lol I can edit if need be))

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:16 am

The S.S. Anne|Twilight
    (2)

Nyiera cursed under her breath as she wound up getting one of those damn pots stuck on her leg and it wouldn't come off. Rather than paying any attention to where she was or what was around her the Umbreon was currently hopping around like a bunny on crack trying to shake the cursed item off. "What kind of demon-possessed...! Get off damn you!" Every time she landed the black iron pot made an echoing clang that traveled down the halls to who alert who knew what she was there. But once again Nyiera didn't get her paw free.

She was about ready to just blast the damn thing off when a scent caught her attention and she whirled around. "Huh? Is someone there?" But she couldn't see a damn thing. Senses alert she peered around the darkness, taking a few steps to try and get a better judge of the area. But the clanking of her pot annoyed her too much to focus. "Must be my mind playing tricks on me..." Looking down to the leech beginning to cut off circulation to her paw Nyiera finally had enough and sprang straight up into the air, kicking her leg as hard as she could to send the pot sailing into a nearby wall. "Finally!" The ringing in her ears from the collision was well worth it to have that blasted thing removed.

((Works perfect! And this post happens to her ALL THE TIME in Skyrim, one of those damn pots in some random cave get stuck on her foot because I am sooo not even paying attention to what she is walking over and I spend almost a full minute of random jumping to get it off. XD))
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:51 am

Post 3

Oh... loving Legends... what the hell had crept into his ship?

Dmitri gave no indication of his presence, instead watching from above as the intruder very noisily came closer and closer. It sounded like whatever it was no longer cared for their own well-being... or just got drunk off of some leftover alcohol lying around. Still, Dmitri crouched, ever the patient hunter, waiting for his prey to reveal itself. What he found was something even he didn't expect.

Another umbreon, female, thrashing about with a pot stuck on her foot. His adept eyes narrowed as realization began to set in. Did he... know this umbreon? As dread filled the pit of his stomach, the only female umbreon he knew being a complete dunce, he watched for further confirmation of her identity. Please, don't let it be...

"What kind of demon-possessed...! Get off damn you!" she wailed, earning a small grunt of exasperation from Dmitri. Yep. It was her... Nyiera. Of all the creatures in Hell to be tormented with... However, a rogue wisp of wind trailed down the shaft, granting the other umbreon evidence of Dmitri's presence. "Huh? Is someone there?" Tensing, Dmitri merely began preparing himself for some sort of reckless attack to follow, remembering Nyeira's tactics from earlier, unable to do much else. For a moment, it seemed he was in the clear, as she just dismissed his scent for naught. "Must be my mind playing tricks on me..." Frankly, it was a wonder how she was even alive still...

Then, in a swift movement, she dislodged her foot, causing the pot to careen toward Dmitri's head, missing only by mere inches thanks to his swift reactions. Teeth bared in a silent snarl, he watched as the pot clamored down to the floor, echoing more as it harmlessly rolled off, allowing the other umbreon to go about her business. Little...! Giving a soft growl, he turned his attention to her once more.

"Go away," Dmitri snarled, hopping to another pipe in which to perch, placed directly above her. "You're intruding." He knew he wasn't likely going to get a very good response, but it was why he'd hopefully gotten out of firing range.

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:05 am

The S.S. Anne/B deck|Twilight
    (3)

As the Pot of Doom rolled casually away something shifted in the shadows where it had stuck, causing Nyiera's fur to stand on end. So she hadn't been imagining it! Lowering herself defensively the vulpine creature watched as the black shadow leapt casually to a high pipe, lording over her. "Go away," the voice demanded. For a split second a spark of recognition passed through her eyes, making her stance slacken and her ears to perk up. "You're intruding."

Wait a minute....

"D-man?" There was only one guy with that kind of smooth voice that could still sound so anti-social. Dmitri. She had met him a long time ago when she first joined the assassin's guild and he was as loner as they came. They had never had to work together so most of her knowledge of him was second-hand, but she had always tried getting the guy to open up. It never worked. "S'that you? Come on down here where I can see you!" His sneaking skill had been legendary in the Brotherhood so it was no surprise she hadn't noticed him before. It had nothing to do her being oblivious. Nope. Not at all.

((lol, she just completely ignores him telling her to go away. XD))
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:33 am

S.S. Anne | B Deck | Twilight [1]

Ringo had caught the foreign scents long before he’d heard the clatter of metal and then the voice. Drawn to the commotion, he now stood waiting silently at the end of the hallway from where the aroma was strongest. Dark-type, probably some sort of canine – he couldn’t tell how many, but only one distinctly feminine voice bounced loudly off the walls, thus he presumed she was alone. Yolanda would be happy. Smirking to himself knowing just how jealous his Honey Bunny got around other women, the Ampharos made a mental note to put his beloved at ease. She was always so averse to company – she wouldn’t have agreed to the plan without the persuasion of her growling stomach. It seemed the opportunity for food successfully muffled her hatred for socialization – he’d have to remember that. His glowing tail kept firmly out of the sight, not wanting to prematurely distract the unsuspecting stranger, Ringo took a breath, ready.

The Lopunny stood at the opposite end of the hallway, almost in complete mimicry of her mate with the exception of a scowl. Yolanda didn’t want to have to talk to this stranger, this girl. Ringo has insisted they be civil, turn nasty only if the circumstances called for it – where was the fun in that? She wanted the girl to flip her shit and refuse to share the location of food so that she’d have the privilege of emerging to beat the information out of her. She gave a quieted huff, crossing her slim arms as she awaited Ringo’s voice. They had the technique nailed down to a tee. Her Pumpkin would stroll down the corridor, turn on the charm and ask for a cut of food – Yolanda would jump out and ensure cooperation through violence if they had a tight-tongue. They must’ve done it a hundred times by now; it was almost flawless at this stage. Still, she’d always been opposed to restraint. It was always more fun to skip to the last stage and be done with it.

“…on down here where I can see you!"

The soft clatter of hooves echoed down the hall as Ringo slipped around the corner and into plain sight, a contrived smile on his face as he caught the female calling out. An Umbreon – he should’ve known. Unsure of the mental state of the female, the canine looking up into naught but darkness to give the illusion of talking to herself, well shouting, Ringo was a little more hesitant on his approach. His confusion thoroughly disguised, he wore a faultlessly cheery expression, utterly charming as he approached, tripping over his own hooves to complete the image of humility.
    “Oh… he-hello,” He called out, glowing tail close to his body in an act of submission. He truly looked the part, a bumbling fool seeking a pitying face. Whether he’d find such charity in the Umbreon was another matter completely. Stopping a short distance from the dark-type, he continued, nervously rubbing his paws together. “I-I-I don’t mean to bother you… Ma’am, but…” He looked away, almost humiliated as he reconsidered his words – of course, he wasn’t really. He’d used the same words time after time; improvisation totally unnecessary as he had each introduction preserved, pristine in his memory. “Well… what I’m trying to say is it’s been awhile since I’ve had company… I-I’m so hungry… lonely,”

Yolanda kept firmly out of sight, boyish frame pressed against the wall as she heard her Pumpkin’s voice, beautifully pitiful, from down the hall. It was disgusting. To think her mate was capable of sounding so helpless, so utterly pathetic – she often had to remind herself that it was just a trick, albeit an extremely convincing one. Mouthing along as she listened to those same blathering words, she wondered when he’d just get to the point. Eventually he did, sealing the deal with the famous ‘I’m so lonely’ shit. Lonely, my arse, Pumpkin.
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:50 am

Post 4

"D-man?" Dmitri groaned at the terrible nickname she'd conjured for him; it had earned him a week's worth of being called nothing but that at the Brotherhood. And mockery wasn't something he was accustomed to, neither something he really ever wanted to be. The jeering had stopped, however, when he'd gone on a small killing spree, slaughtering an entire village within a single night, leaving the town's guard that was left wondering what the hell had happened. Yeah. That had shut everyone up... except her. "S'that you? Come on down here where I can see you!"

Dmitri frowned, mentally flipping through his options. It seemed he'd dug his own grave. There was likely nothing he could say in order for her to leave, other than some poor pedestrian was calling for help outside and find some way to lock the entrance behind her... but then again, if he'd known how to fix giant, gaping holes in a ship's hull completely by himself, he would have secured it long ago. In his reluctance to confirm his identity, silence settling upon them, his ears perked at another sound not too far down the hallway.

Hooves? He turned in their direction, spotting an ampharos. However, another scent accompanying the electric suggested a partner currently out of sight. The thought caused a frown to crease his lips; he never liked others using his own tactics. From his perch, he watched as the sheep approached, acting, well... sheepish.

“Oh... he-hello,” the electric called out, his voice saturated with a pitiful whine. It made Dmitri want to gag. “I-I-I don’t mean to bother you... Ma’am, but...” The creature turned from Nyiera, curling himself into a little striped yellow ball, furthering Dmitri's nausea. How anything could have lived off of beggaring for this long was beyond Dmitri, but the umbreon was certain that little leech wasn't going to get any of his own hard-earned stash. Nyiera... on the other hand... “Well... what I’m trying to say is it’s been awhile since I’ve had company... I-I’m so hungry... lonely.”

Dmitri's eyes flicked down to his fellow umbreon, mind quickly assessing the situation. She was notorious for going out and doing favors, her unofficial title of "Miss Congeniality" within the Brotherhood, while completely hilarious, was not a sarcastic gesture. It was well known that if anyone asked for her help, they would get it, one way or another... Dmitri would think her a true mercenary at heart if he knew whether or not she actually got paid for all of her endeavors. Frowning, he quickly came to the conclusion that if this were to go on, she'd likely find his own stash and give it to this ampharos and his shy companion. Not necessarily willing to let that happen, Dmitri stood on his perch, growling.

"No. You find your own food like everyone else, leech," he growled from above, teeth bared in the dark. If there was one thing he'd learned from his foster mother, it was that sharing was stupid. No one but himself should profit from his own hard work.Go outside and fish around in the corpses. They'll give you your company as well, whelp."

((I can edit anything if need be :3))

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:45 am

The S.S. Anne/B deck|Twilight
    (4)

It figured he wouldn't listen, but at least now that she knew he was there she could make out more of the shadow looming above her. It was definitely the shape of an Umbreon, and the scent wafting down was the familiar one of Dmitri mixed with the stale stench of blood. Almost everyone in the Brotherhood had that scent marked on their fur, it was like a calling card. Smiling widely she waited for her fellow guild member to climb down and join the rest of the world on the ground. Which, by the way, needed to quit moving!

“Oh… he-hello,” A strange voice came from behind and Nyeira whirled around ready to pounce when she saw a rather grungy Ampharos stepped out of the shadows. Her head tilted to the side in confusion, ears flopping comically in the same direction, and she just stared at him as he came closer. “I-I-I don’t mean to bother you… Ma’am, but…”Nyeira started to tune him out, the whiny voice somewhat grating on her sensitive ears but she managed to catch the last of what he said. “...it’s been awhile since I’ve had company… I-I’m so hungry… lonely.” Huh? What did one have to do with the other?

Always willing to help anyone who asked Nyeira was sad to find she couldn't. "Sorry but I came aboard for food too. I don't have any-"
    "No. You find your own food like everyone else, leech,"
    Well that was rude. Dmitri didn't have to cut her off like that. Granted if she found food she would have shared it but obviously her fellow Umbreon had already claimed the ship. Go outside and fish around in the corpses. They'll give you your company as well, whelp." Nyiera barked out a laugh and had to cover her mouth with her paw to keep it from echoing down the hall. "He's got a point! Looting bodies is how I found most everything I own! But what was that part about company?"

Raising her nose to the air Nyiera's ears fell back in humilation as she realized there was more than just the scent of the two males in front of her. Oops. That had always gotten her the most picked on back in the Brotherhood, her lack of attention to her surroundings. They couldn't understand how she was able to kill her targets without ever getting caught when she never had any idea if there were other people around. Problem was, she often got caught, she just never left any witnesses alive to finger her. But she could never confess that to the other assassins, they would have just laughed at her more.

Confusion settled over her once more as she pondered the 'company' comment, and the fact that there was indeed a third scent. "Hey how can you be lonely if you have company? And on that note, what does lonely have to do with hungry? I've been hungry lots of times but never felt lonely because of it. Is it some kind of sickness? Do you need to see a doctor? Because let me tell ya I don't think we can find one nowadays..." Her rambling came to an odd finish as she got distracted, trying to look around the Ampharos to see if she could spot his friend. But as hard as she tried all she could really make out was a blurry shadow. Whimpering pathetically she sat down on her haunches and sighed, admitting defeat that she couldn't see her target. Dmitri was gonna notice...probably. He was good like that.

((Lololol! She so oblivious! Ringo may as well flirt with a rock because it is more likely to notice. XD))
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:28 pm

S.S. Anne | B Deck | Twilight [2]

"Sorry but I came aboard for food too. I don't have any-"

Oblivious seemed a fitting word for the Umbreon; she wore a look of complete and utter disinterest, almost distracted, until she gave a disappointing answer. Although Ringo had known his tricks to fail on the occasion, what he hadn’t expected was a significantly more hostile voice interrupting the female from somewhere above. Jumping, cursing himself for poor observatory skills, the scruffy youth’s head turned upward, straining through the darkness to catch glimpse of the hidden onlooker. Frowning to himself, his body remained rigid, eyes feverishly searching for the stranger – aggressive or otherwise. Either way, his plan had gone to pot.

“Go outside and fish around in the corpses. They'll give you your company as well, whelp."

Raising his tail like some sort of lantern, a personal torch, Ringo only just made out the outline of the canine’s rings – another Umbreon, he should’ve guessed. Turning back to the female as she gave a chuckle of approval, the Ampharos dropped the feeble persona like lead. He eyed her suspiciously as she insisted looting bodies was the way to go in this day and age; not opposed to the idea, in fact a frequent user of the technique. A moment more gave him enough confirmation that she truly didn’t know the location of food.
    “Oh, don’t let that worry you, Doll,” His natural tone was significantly rougher, his tail lowering as he took a step back, not wanting to be in a position where the unseen canine could strike him. Still, he was confident that the girl at least, was harmless. “Just taking precautions – worth a try weren’t it, Buddy?” He looked up to the male Umbreon with the final question, offering a wink and crooked girn.

"Hey how can you be lonely if you have company? And on that note, what does lonely have to do with hungry? I've been hungry lots of times but never felt lonely because of it. Is it some kind of sickness? Do you need to see a doctor? Because let me tell ya I don't think we can find one nowadays..."

Well, this girl was certainly a chatterbox. Ringo stared blankly at her, mentally silencing her incessant ramblings and resorting to simply nodding his head along in agreement, smiling for the sake of manners he wished he possessed. Yeah, she clearly didn’t have any food. However, her boy up in the shadows was another matter. He remained quietly possessive, his bitter words suggesting that maybe he would have been a more suitable target. Either way, the game was up. Yolanda’s scent had drifted down the corridor alerting them of her presence.
    “Down there, Sweetheart,” Having noticed the Umbreon sniffing the air and currently facing the wrong direction, Ringo offered a friendly hint. Pointing towards the opposite end of the corridor, he soon called out to his lurking mate. “Honey Bunny, it’s alright – they got nothin’,”

Yolanda heard the call, a audible grumble passing her lips as she slipped around the corner and into vision. She had a particularly boyish frame for a Lopunny, the potential for beauty overwhelmed by a complete lack of interest in her appearance – just like her mate. Eyes wandering over the duo visible, not particularly comfortable in the fact the other voice’s source remained concealed, she gradually approached, arms crossed.
    “Well, that’s a fat fucking lot of good,” She huffed moodily, expression sour as she eyed up the female canine stood aside her Pumpkin. The lanky Ampharos merely grinned back at her, his eyes occasionally volleying above to ensure the sneakier mutt wasn’t going to try anything funny – she soon noticed this. “What’re looking at, Pumpkin?”
    “Shy lad,” She gave a huff in response, stopping a distance away as she followed her mate’s line of vision to the unseen stranger. Impatient, knowing their only chance of food rested in the paws of a bimbo and her selfish companion, Yolanda had decided she’d rather not bother. “Reckons we should steal from the dead,”
    “Where’s the fun in that?”
    “Eh, it’s worth a shot,” Ringo shrugged, orange eyes falling back to the friendlier of the Umbreons. “Any bodies left you ain’t beat us to?”
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:15 pm

Post 5

The S.S. Anne| B Deck| Night

It seemed his threat at least got the ampharos' attention. Peering up into the darkness, obviously trying to spot Dmitri's well-hidden form, it wasn't until he raised his light-tipped tail that Dmitri was finally revealed. Hissing at the light, then promptly moving once found, the umbreon trotted down a ways and back, onto the opposite wall's pipes. It was incredibly convenient that the ship had such a complicated network of piping. From his new vantage point, he witnessed the electric take a couple of steps backward, provoking a small smirk on the dark fox's face. Finally. Respect.

However, even as his female counterpart rambled, Dmitri watched as the sheep's whimpering, pitiful facade faded, leaving him standing like a normal pokemon. Figured. A rouse to procure sympathy. Weasel of a pokemon... “Oh, don’t let that worry you, Doll,” he replied after Nyeira had finished for the moment. “Just taking precautions – worth a try weren’t it, Buddy?” Dmitri figured the question was directed at him, but the fact that the sheep had looked up and winked proved that the grunt thought he was still there. Simpleton.

"Hey how can you be lonely if you have company? And on that note, what does lonely have to do with hungry? I've been hungry lots of times but never felt lonely because of it. Is it some kind of sickness? Do you need to see a doctor? Because let me tell ya I don't think we can find one nowadays..."

It was all Dmitri could do to not go and silence her inane chatter himself. Fur bristling, teeth set in an irritated snarl, his dimmed crimson eyes glared over to his female counterpart, silently willing her silent with all his might. When would she ever just... shut UP? Still, with this unknown partner to the ampharos, and the ampharos himself, Dmitri knew that his unknown whereabouts was his best play. A well-aimed Toxic would sort anything else out...

The ampharos seemed to be dazed by the amount of words Nyeira managed to use in a matter of a few minutes, and quickly shook himself out of it. “Down there, Sweetheart," he said, gesturing to the hidden figure beyond. Dmitri quirked a brow at the change in the male's voice; it seemed to have been more of a facade than the umbreon originally thought. "Honey Bunny, it’s alright – they got nothin’,” he called, urging his companion forward.

...'Honey Bunny'? Dmitri thought, the odd nickname tasting sour in his mouth. A lopunny soon appeared at the electric's side, looking about as pleased at the situation as Dmitri felt.

“Well, that’s a fat fucking lot of good,” she growled, earning Dmitri's instant dislike and distrust. Pair of brigands, then? Con-artists? Going around, leeching off of others who actually did their own dirty work and then moving on when resources were depleted? Locusts... The word was thought with a hate and loathing he hadn't felt in a long time... It must be his mother's mannerisms surfacing again. “What’re looking at, Pumpkin?” the bunny asked, following her supposed mate's gaze upward.

“Shy lad,” he explained, which seemed to be a bad answer, given the bunny's huff of disapproval. “Reckons we should steal from the dead,”
    “Where’s the fun in that?”
    “Eh, it’s worth a shot,” Dmitri's fur still hadn't gone down from its bristling status. He clicked his tongue lightly, deciding to finally reveal himself. He stalked behind, silently stepping his way behind his fellow umbreon. While she wasn't his first choice of company, he'd rather have a devil he knew rather than two he didn't.“Any bodies left you ain’t beat us to?”

"Yeah, in the city," he growled, flashing his rings in warning. He stepped out from behind Nyeira, crimson eyes alight with threat. "I've cleared the ones here out personally. Why don't you scamper off, hmm? If not the city, then further out. You're not wanted here. Leave." While there was no outright growl or snarl in his voice, the threat was still very much there, his tone firm and unyeilding. There would be no bartering, no toying with him.

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:39 am

The S.S. Anne/B deck|Night
    (5)

“Down there, Sweetheart,”

Nyeira whimpered as more than just Dmitri noticed her vain attempts to spot the hidden companion. The Ampharos pointed to a shifting shadow further down and once again the tempted female craned her neck to get a better look.“Honey Bunny, it’s alright – they got nothin’.” Honey Bunny? "What's a Hon-" she began, but snapped her mouth shut when a figure stepped out into view. Oh! He meant an actual bunny! Neat! “Well, that’s a fat fucking lot of good,” Whoa! Bunny had a foul mouth. Not really as cute like that.

Nyeira began tuning out the couple and their back and forth, a natural gift for the normally oblivious female. Like usual she just retreated into her own mind when the conversation before her got boring and soon she started wondering where Dmitri had gone. She couldn't smell him as close anymore...“Any bodies left you ain’t beat us to?”
    "Yeah, in the city,"
    Nyeira nearly jumped out of her fur, springing straight into the air like a frightened deer before whirling mid-air to land in front of her male counterpart. "I've cleared the ones here out personally. Why don't you scamper off, hmm? If not the city, then further out. You're not wanted here. Leave." Completely ignoring the fact that he was actually addressing the pair behind her she gave Dmitri a broad, toothy grin. "D-man! There you are! Wondered where you got off to. Anyone else make it out with you?" His threatening tone and posture didn't even register to the Umbreon as she sat there, head cocked and happily swishing her tail back and forth. After all, she was in familiar company!
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:28 pm

S.S. Anne | B Deck | Twilight [3]

"Yeah, in the city. I’ve cleared the ones here out personally. Why don't you scamper off, hmm? If not the city, then further out. You're not wanted here. Leave."

Ringo mockingly flinched away from the Umbreon’s cold words, though couldn’t deny his sudden appearance had made him jump. A lax grin hung off his face as his eyes wandered across the hostile canine, rings glowing threateningly as if he were looking for a fight. He felt Yolanda at his side, an arm hooked around his as he held her paw, already curled into a fist.
    “Such a temper on you,” Ringo muttered playfully to his mate, not needing to see the Lopunny’s expression to know the fox’s answer had displeased her. Still, she relaxed at his words. The Ampharos smiled to himself, practically unfazed by the canine’s aggression, especially with the presence of his ditsy companion.

"D-man! There you are! Wondered where you got off to. Anyone else make it out with you?"

Yolanda leant on her partner, frown immovable from her scruffy features as she watched the foxes interact. They just seemed so different. One demonstrated keen instincts, alert and taking precaution at every turn – the other, well, the rabbit doubted she’d be able to recall her own name. Still, impressions were deceiving.
    “D-man?” Yolanda repeated, curiously. “This some kind of reunion?” Whilst she had initially thought the duo mates, the nickname suggested otherwise. Siblings or friends seemed a more likely explanation for their relationship. Either way, she didn’t particularly care. What did bother her was this prick’s telling her of what she should and shouldn’t do. Ringo, of course, agreed with her – albeit voice his argument with his usual civilly.
    “Now, ‘D-Man’,” He started. ”I hate to break it to you, but it’s a free fucking country. Free ship, free food – we ain’t going anywhere,” Usually Ringo would have no qualms about leaving after a failed attempt, but rebellion ran thick in his blood. He would not follow orders like some mindless drone – and the mutt’s scary glowing wouldn’t persuade him otherwise.
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:48 pm

Post 6

Dmitri didn't react as Nyeira nearly came out of her own skin as he announced himself, taking a stand nearby her. His attention and eyes were firmly on the duo before him, each moment he watched them letting him know just how much of a threat they were. The ampharos seemed a bit laid back, but it may have been simply because of his already fuming companion. It seemed "Honey Bunny" didn't like Dmitri's terms. Her balled up fist and slowly contorting face were proof enough of that.

"D-man! There you are! Wondered where you got off to. Anyone else make it out with you?"

"...No," was the only answer he'd give at the moment. He'd been run out, the rest of their brethren scattered to the winds when the Brotherhood finally fell. No one escaped in his direction, and so he didn't know any of their fates. Either way, he was sure more than one of them made it out; they were all as resourceful as he. And if Nyeira stayed alive... Well, then that would just put humiliation on any of his kin that did manage to bite the dust.

“D-man?” Honey Bunny repeated, earning a small flash of yellow from his rings. He hated that name. “This some kind of reunion?”

Unfortunately... "That's not--" “Now, ‘D-Man’,” the ampharos began, ”I hate to break it to you, but it’s a free fucking country. Free ship, free food – we ain’t going anywhere,”

Dmitri gave a snort of anger. Incredulous assholes. "I hate to break it to you, but that's how it works in the wild. I found this place, I cleaned it out, it's my fucking territory and you can get your worthless beggar haunches out of it." His fur bristled with anger, his tail high and rings pulsing with light. "I'll tell you one more time. Get. Ou--"

He stopped still in mid sentence as a rumble vibrated under his paws. His eyes widened a little, light vanishing from his form as he skittered past the two a little further into the hallway, effectively invisible in the shadows. What... He turned back, suddenly appearing between Nyeira and the duo. "Where did you board the ship?" His tone was flat, only tinged slightly with an edge of urgency. "All of you, where?"

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:59 am

(6)

"...No."

Pouting slightly at the negative response to their fellows the female lowered her ears in defeat. But it didn't last long. Nyeira watched the rapid exchange between the other three in the room with rapt interest, feeling like she was watching some kind of tv drama. It never occurred to her to jump into the situation, or even that it had anything to do with her. She found the ship on her own, Dmitri was an old colleague of hers, so the way she had it figured she was welcome here. The other two were intruding. Right? Right.

But, like with most things, her attention began to slip and she soon slunk past the arguing trio in favor of getting a better look at Dmitri's find. It seemed like going down the hallway there was more of those blasted pots and she began to wonder if it wasn't the humans who left them there. Was it some kind of noise trap? Was that how Dmitri found her? Had he done that? The sneaky bastard! Why didn't she think of that sooner?! "I'll tell you one more time. Get. Ou--"

Nyeira's thoughts and Dmitri's words were cut short by a loud rumbling from beneath the floor. "The hell was that?!" she cried, fur bristling to near needles in her anxiety. "It felt like a damn Gigalith breaking in!" Her fellow Umbreon didn't give her an answer. "Where did you board the ship? All of you, where?" Nyiera sat down on her haunches once more and put a paw to her forehead, tapping it over and over again as she tried to think of where she had come it. "Think...think...I didn't start out on this floor...I took the left, before that was the endless hallway, I remember a room...OH!" Nyeira bounced up to her paws happily, wagging her tail as she gave Dmitri a big grin. "I came in through a big ass hole in the front deck! Came right into the room with the big wheelie thing!"
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:30 pm

S.S. Anne | B Deck | Twilight [4]

"I hate to break it to you, but that's how it works in the wild. I found this place, I cleaned it out, it's my fucking territory and you can get your worthless beggar haunches out of it."

The first flicker of hostility crossed Ringo’s features at the Umbreon’s vicious retort, his usually lax persona wearing thin at such frank aggression. Tail subconsciously sparking, the lanky Ampharos wasn’t particularly taken to the lecture. Despite a young age and warped sense of morals, Ringo, above all, knew how to survive in the wild; every man for himself. Never mind this territorial bullshit, the electric-type got by purely by stealing from those too blind to realize. This guy obviously didn’t fall into that category – but neither Ringo nor his bristling mate were about to be defeated by a few bitter words.

"I'll tell you one more time. Get. Ou--"

Yolanda’s own aggression was dispelled at the low rumbling, her droopy ears pricking slightly as she strained to judge a location. She kept close to her mate, slender arm still entwined around his as he followed the Umbreon’s movements down the hallway. Obviously she wasn’t hearing things, though by the way the canine so easily blended into the shadows, she wondered how her eyesight was faring.
    “Be cool, Honey Bunny,” Ringo soothed, brushing aside the tension with his usual charisma. She appreciated it, but could tell from his stance that he himself wasn’t at peace. His neck was extended, head high and searching for movement. The female fox’s confused cries only worsened heightened her inner panic, the worst case scenario flashing vividly within her mind. No, she reminded herself, be cool.

"Where did you board the ship? All of you, where?"

The Lopunny jumped at the sudden reappearance of the dark-type, Ringo’s steady form the only thing stopping her from toppling backwards. But the youths held their tongues, rebellion silenced as a growing fear seeped into their pulsing veins. Yolanda loved a good thrill; harassing the undead and fleeing was one of her favoured pastimes, but whatever was lurking on board with them sounded big. All of the couple’s antics rarely involved actually fighting something. The female Umbreon’s recollection of her own arrival confirmed that something was most definitely wrong.
    “That hole wasn’t there when we arrived…” Ringo admitted, voice tinged with nervousness. “We’ve been on board for a couple hours. Entered via the front deck too,”
    Mew
    Mew
    Legendary
    Legendary

Post by Mew Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:52 pm

SouthWest of the S.S. Anne| Twilight
    Post 19
    [Continued from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The small legend's eyes grew heavy as she approached the city of Vermillion, a collection of lights on the northern end of the gulf she had just crossed. Now, with nothing else upon her mind but the act she had just been the orchestrator for, did the impact of what the world had become sink into her mind, making her limbs grow heavy with the hopelessness of it all.
    What's happened to the world? I remember when it was still pure...
    Even now, she could look at the wave capped waters below her, and see swarming abominations that once were pokemon below the surface of the fetid liquid. Maybe Kind isn't what the world needs anymore... Maybe I can better help if I was like the other survivors... The small Pokemons limbs grew leaden as she approached the ship moored off the south end of the city. With it's high steel walls springing forth from the waves, it seemed the ideal spot to find other pokemon, other survivors.

Mew alighted gently on it's surface next to the railing as her eyes began to close, her week long lack of sleep catching up with her, the emotional exhaustion acting as a chariot to bring it home. Throwing a spherical barrier of energy around herself as she went under, the Legend had not a thought in her head other than how to better help her people. The light from her bubble lit the top deck of the ship and the shore beyond in a pulsing pink light as Mew slept, and dreamt of a world that was no more.

[Thank you very much for having me on the team.]

Last edited by Mew on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:03 am; edited 1 time in total

Maintainence/Coding Admin
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:06 am

Post 7

"Think...think...I didn't start out on this floor...I took the left, before that was the endless hallway, I remember a room...OH!" Dmitri's eyes were locked on her as she nearly gave herself an aneurism trying to remember. At least it would solve one of his current problems... "I came in through a big ass hole in the front deck! Came right into the room with the big wheelie thing!"

Dmitri turned to the lovebirds. “That hole wasn’t there when we arrived…” The ampharos' voice, while the words were unnerving enough, gave Dmitri enough insight to realize that he seemed to be thinking along the lines of Dmitri's own thoughts. “We’ve been on board for a couple hours. Entered via the front deck too.” Dmitri's gaze went to the hallway that led to the top deck, his mind furiously trying to think of a plan of action. Undoubtedly these morons would follow him, Nyeira especially. Like she would let an old comrade out of her sight. He sprinted to the hallway, wanting to get to his normal perch so he could see if anything was still at the gaping hole. As he turned to dash through the hallway, he stopped, his ears twitching at more voices.

"Ah! Finally, some excitement!"

Really? REALLY? How had he managed so many months of blissful, quiet solitude and then a fucking circus dropped on him? Was some divine ingrate shoving all of these inconveniences onto him because he had overstepped some invisible boundary, or was it simply because he was overdue for company? Or even if it was just for some fucking amusement? Growling, his yellow rings pulsing with his fury, he bounded forward, finding not one, but two brand new strangers for him to deal with.

These two looked far more scraggly than the other duo he'd met, their raggled appearance automatically earning Dmitri's distrust and loathing. The leader, a ninetales that no longer really lived up to its species' name, trotted confidently in front of his companion, a very blind persian. It was easy to tell-- the milky eyes, the unfocused stare, his awkward, jerky movements. Obviously, this cat hadn't been dealing with his handicap for very long. Still... Maybe they'd seen whatever had caused the mysterious rumbling... Or at least, the ninetales. He strode forward, his blantant approach extremely uncharacteristic as time was not with him for his usual methods.

"You two," he growled, fur bristling with not just irritation, but anxiety. Another rumble danced beneath his paws, the metal vibrating reminding him that time was of the essence. "Have you seen anything large on the ship? Quickly, I don't have much time."

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:39 pm

(7)

Nyeira was stunned for a moment as Dmitri raced off but it didn't last, she was soon hot on his tail as he raced down the hallway. This was fun! She had never gotten to work with D-man, not really, on any of their missions in the Brotherhood so she wasn't going to pass up the opportunity to see any of his skills and tricks first hand. This was like Christmas and her Birthday all rolled into one! Grinning ear to ear she pumped her legs as hard as she could to keep pace with he speedy counterpart until they came across something strange.

A voice sounded down the hall and Dmitri came to a stop, fur bristling and rings glowing like crazy as the strangest looking duo Nyeira had ever witnessed. One of them was a Persian, that was obvious, but there seemed to be something...off about it. Nyeira sat down casually behind her practically spitting mad companion and tilted her head to the side as she examined them closer. She couldn't place what was off about the cat but the fox...well that was obvious even to her. Almost all of his tails were gone! And his fur was just...gross. Was that mange? Eww....

"You two. Have you seen anything large on the ship? Quickly, I don't have much time." Nyeira laughed from behind Dmitri even as another rumble was felt beneath her haunches. "Don't you think if they did they would be more running away than standing here looking at you?" She couldn't stop grinning even as she was sure D-man was cursing her in his head. "I'm pretty sure we would have spotted it too don't you think?" Another rumble, much closer this time, was the only thing that stopped her laughter. Uh oh...
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:58 am

S.S. Anne | B Deck | Twilight [5]

No sooner had Ringo uttered his uneasy reply that the male darted off down the hallway, his ditsy companion soon stumbling along in tow. The couple stood there a moment, watching the duo leave before looking to one another. Yolanda had crossed her arms, a brow raised quizzically as she let out a great sigh. She’d never been much of a people-person.
    “They could be useful, Honey Bunny,” The Ampharos stated, earlier concern dispelled and typical laxness restored. He offered the female a lazy grin, rubbing her shoulder soothingly in a bid to get the girl to loosen up. Yolanda’s dark expression gradually eased into a charming smile, the youth touching her mate’s paw appreciatively in silent thanks. “Besides, when was the last time we played pin the corpse on the undead?”

A booming growl from afar interrupted the pair’s chuckling.
    “Sounds like a challenge,” The Lopunny grinned, batting heavy eyelids as she wrapped slender arms about her mate’s long neck. Ringo lowered his head, aiming to plant a kiss on her forehead until she suddenly pushed him back. Stumbling as he struggled to regain his footing, the electric-type looked up to see Yolanda darting after the Umbreons, laughing almost maniacally. “Uh-uh! You’ve got to work for that, Pumpkin!” Ringo shook his head amusedly, sharing her grin before sprinting after her, instilled with a newfound energy.

"… sure we would have spotted it too don't you think?"

The Lopunny skidded to an abrupt halt as the group came into vision, honey eyes falling to a pair of newcomers. No doubt scoundrels of the streets from their ragged appearances, she regained her own composure, silencing her shallow panting and shaking her large ears from obstructing her vision. Only a moment later, Ringo had joined her. Wrapping his arms affectionately about her waist, the Ampharos rested his scruffy head atop her shoulder wearing a mischievous grin.
    “Caught you,” He whispered, breath warm on the Lopunny’s face. She batted him away with a paw, snickering, as she attempted to tune in on the discussion and where the bedraggled strangers fell into it.

"Hey babe, what are you doing in a dark, cold place like this?"

Obviously not as important as she’d imagined. The pair watched as the Ninetales sauntered towards the female Umbreon, Ringo instinctively tightening his hold around his beloved mate. He’d met sleaze-bags such as this in the past and had found Yolanda a magnet for the abhorrent flirtation – nowadays, there were fewer threats but he remained wary regardless. The Lopunny on the over hand cringed at the display, leaning against Ringo in a bid to put his worries at end. The fox had a tail and a half – why would she sacrifice her strong handsome Ringo for such a rat. She was thankful when his feline companion spoke up, curt with what she could only presume was a response to an earlier question.

"Something is here, something.... stong,"

Ringo couldn’t deny that he didn’t feel a certain presence too. The rumbling growls that accompanied a subtle scent were evidence enough that they weren’t alone aboard this ship. Whilst he worked to replace such concerns with his attempts to make a game out of sheer terror, the Ampharos turned rigid as he stared down the hall, searching for movement. Then again, by the sound of that thing, it would be pretty hard to miss.
    “Well… what are we going to do?” Yolanda asked after a few moments, ignoring the fire-type’s nonchalant dismissal of the unseen threat. There was no fear in her voice, more of impatience stemming from all the waiting around –surely this creature wouldn’t be hard to find. She looked over to the Umbreons then back to the newer duo. “Fight it, right?”
    Mew
    Mew
    Legendary
    Legendary

Post by Mew Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:11 am

[Please skip me this cycle dears. I'm not feeling well at all. Mew is still sleeping in her bubble on the top deck]

Maintainence/Coding Admin
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:12 am

Post 8

"Don't you think if they did they would be more running away than standing here looking at you?" Nyeira giggled, earning a sharp glare from Dmitri. He had never liked those that found humor in dire situations, and now was not an exception. "I'm pretty sure we would have spotted it too don't you think?" He would have lashed out at her himself, but thankfully, the next rumble shut her up for him.

But his luck with evading stupidity stopped there. Turning back to the mangy duo, the ninetales simply smirked and stared down at Nyeira, a sleazy grin slopped onto his slimy face. "Hey babe, what are you doing in a dark, cold place like this?" Dmitri's growl rumbled on its own, his frustrations and anxiety beginning to get the better of him. This wasn't a time to fucking pick up chicks!

"No," the cat snapped, his harsh tone effectively silencing his compatriot. "We haven't seen a god damn thing." Dmitri snorted, eyes volleying between the two.

"...No," he affirmed, eyes lingering on the angry persian. At least the cat had the sort of no-nonsense kind of attitude that was similar to his own. "No, I wouldn't expect you to, cat." The comment was low and flat, not meant as an insult but more of a defeated comment. He snorted once more, mind still racing to unravel the hidden threat that was surely getting closer and closer to them.

"Something is here, something.... stong," the persian muttered. At least one of them was getting the jist. "Stop bein' a wuss, Kitty Cat. Ain't nothing out there with power you can smell," the nintales countered, earning a small hiss of anger from Dmitri.

"Shut the hell up, fox," he growled, his fur bristling. "You're more blind than your cat buddy over there. Why don't you go over the edge and make yourself useful?" His ears and attention flicked back as Honey Bunny asked her own question.

“Well… what are we going to do?” she asked, casually leaning against her lover's embrace. Dmitri frowned as his eyes slowly traveled upward, catching sight of the captain's room above. It was apparently where Nyeira boarded, and even the lovers. It was also perhaps where their very heavy stalker was lurking. “Fight it, right?”

His eyes returned to her, quickly assessing her to be more of a "go out and fuck em up" sort of girl. The role had its uses, but so did meatshields. "If you want to charge in headfirst into a battle with a foe you don't know, sure," he growled back, beginning to stalk to one side of the deck, spotting stairs upward. I need a high vantage point... he thought to himself, hurriedly dashing over and up the stairs without saying a word to the others. They were not his brethren, anyone he cared for... Nyeira knew how it went. Going further and further up, he stopped in the middle of the stairwell when a pink aura lightened the sky.

Carefully, he drew closer to it, stalking carefully closer and closer until he saw something hovering inside of what looked to be a pink bubble barrier. An equally pink pokemon with a long tail, Dmitri was dumbfounded as a sense of awe overwhelmed him. This... was no ordinary pokemon. Surely, this was the "power" the persian had felt, but... it looked like it was sleeping. Dmitri frowned, looking back to the others. Surely... this wasn't the cause for the rumbling. So...

...what was?

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:24 am

(8)

The Nineless-tales question about what she was doing there just went right over the Umbreon's head, her attention more on watching Dmitri when his comment about the Persian confused her. Why wouldn't she expect the cat to see anything? She kept glancing back and forth between the two males until D-man's growl made her hop back in surprise. "Shut the hell up, fox. You're more blind than your cat buddy over there. Why don't you go over the edge and make yourself useful?"

"Oh! He's blind! Now I got it!"

Nyeira hadn't even noticed the milky look in the others eyes, just that something seemed different about him. Oh well, it wasn't like that was the first thing she had never noticed before. Nyiera knew, on top of being willing to say yes to pretty much anything, she was notorious for being not very observant. But it didn't bother her one bit because all those surprises just made life exciting. Who wanted to go through life never being surprised?

She didn't even blink when Dmitri left the group without a word, heading for higher ground. She actually thought it a good idea considering all these rumblings were likely above them from the sound of it. Following suit she shot the rest of the group a broad grin before taking off after her fellow Umbreon. It was hell getting up there though. She wasn't as nimble as her male counterpart so all the pipes and small stairs were more a hindrance than a passage for crossing. It took her forever but she finally caught up to him only to find him staring at a big pink thing that looked like bubblegum. The hell was that?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:56 pm