Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+22
Fern
Nightfall
R'hia Kyrie
Arceus Bladed
Min
Catalyst
Starbits
Mew
Xerneas
Drago
Duma
Chroma
Dandelion
Requiem
RhysandNight
Rampardos
Silverishness
Scizor
Snitch
renegade
Negative10
Bitterblue
26 posters

(ACE) The HEARTHOME Team

Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

(ACE) The HEARTHOME Team  - Page 14 Empty Re: (ACE) The HEARTHOME Team

Post by Duma Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:00 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    |Hearthome City|Afternoon|
    |3|
    Reaper stood off to the side, his snake-like pupils watching the duo as they conversed, absentmindedly flicking the clock on the golden chain around his neck as he watched. "Tick, tock, tick, tock." He muttered, a feral grin growing over his muzzle.

"Hey... you don't have to think of yourself like that...!" Reaper's thoughts were shattered as the Fletchinder spoke to Connor. His grin faded quickly, as he wandered over to the Fletchinder. "Just call me Bee, okay? We can fight together." Bee huh? Reaper nodded along with Bee's words. "Ah, yes, yes. Three musketeers on their way to vanquish a common foe hmm? Sounds delightful!" His last word went to a much higher pitch, as though he was covering up something else that he was going to say.

"I'll s-stay calm if you do, Connor." Reaper looked at them slyly. "There's no need, Reaper can help, I'm sure - I know how to keep us all calm~" He said, his voice slipping into his usual sing-song tone. "I'm not-I'm not good at f-fighting, but I'll try to help," Reaper gave a quick laugh. "There's the spirit my dear Connor! Don't want to end up in the red queen's jaws though - she'll be off with your head before you can say 'rabbit'!" Reaper's ramblings began drifting away, but before he could say any more, a water droplet splashed on his nose, ensuing a rather comical surprised expression from the Absol as he blinked, his smile fading to a confused frown. He had not forcasted a rainstorm to ruin his plans.

"I think it's about time you FUCKING DIED!" The roar from over at the nearby house bought forth a possessed cackle from the Dark Type. "The queen is here! The queen is here! Be off before she takes your head!" He cackled, his voice shrill with laughter. "W-what?!"

Oh, this group was simply delicious. The fear, the horror, the -"NOOOOOOOOooo!" Reaper's fantasizing was cut off by a shrill scream. A blue form dashed out from the house, collapsing a little way off from them. A young Growlithe followed soon after, and Reaper noticed the water dripping from it's pelt - A water type seemed to be wrecking havoc on all of them "Help.. her.."

Reaper watched, his grin faded completely. No, no, no, NO! They'll all ruin my meal! He thought angrily, but he forced himself to keep calm - it just meant he had to wait a little bit longer, that's all. "I-I'll do it, Growlithe! I'll get her!" Oh, how chivalrous. The bird flapped it's wings, desparately trying to get airborne. "Artemis! Artemis!! Wait!" Artemis? "What a delici- delightful name." He mumbled, quickly correcting his words as he spoke.

An Arcanine raced out, and seeing Bee flapping over, the fire type he growled, charging over and moving the water type onto his back. "I don't have time for this." He didn't get far however, before A Swampert made it's presense known to them.

"Fuck--!" Was all the Arcanine had to say before a Scald tore it's way over to the fire type, getting it's hind legs and tail. Reaper had to fight himself fom laughing - it was just too perfect. "Going somewhere, hero?" The Swampert's voice irked something inside Reaper - HE was the only one allowed to mock others, this idiot was stealing his thunder! With a feral snarl, Reaper charged up a Shadow Ball, shooting the ghostly aura at the Water Type, Reaper then ran up, his claws glowing with a Sucker Punch attack - These treats were his, and only HIS.

((OOC: These long posts are going to be the death of me .-.))
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:57 pm

Hearthome City [Poffin House]/Afternoon (69)

Why, out of all the Pokemon there, was Artemis freaking out like a Mankey in a hurricane? The Vaporeon went nuts as she noticed it was raining, screaming like a loon as she fled outside. Her companion, yowling after being hit by the Scald, was limping outside towards her."Someone.. help her!" Why a Water-type needed help in the rain was beyond him. Rocket just waved his claw dismissively as the Arcanine bounded out and hauled their latest damsel in distress onto his back. He had more important things to worry about.

His Dragon Claw had hit, but it sure as hell didn't do much. The Swampert now had a brand new, bleeding scar stretching from one shoulder blade to another. It looked painful, but the brute had shrug it off like it was a Jolkik bite. The rain washed his blood across his body in wild streaks. Rocket bit his lip and growled; it looked like this was going to be a tough fight; tough as in difficult to win. The dragon did not like that idea.

"Going somewhere, hero?" the asshole taunted as he charged outside after the Legendary Pokemon, firing another Scald at the dog's hind leg and tail. Rocket dashed out after him, just as an Absol fired a Shadow Ball at the rampaging behemoth. But the large dual-type, once more, barely even noticed, and swung its arm around to pummel the newcomer. The Absol's Sucker Punch staggered him a little, giving Rocket time to sprint forward. Spluttering with laughter as the adrenaline pumped through him, Rocket threw himself at the beast.

The two of them rolled into the street, punching and biting and pummeling each other as they wrestled. Rocket sunk his fangs into the Swampert's neck, but was nearly sent flying when his fist punched the side of his head. Again and again they struck each other until, bruised and bloodied, they parted and stood up. Screeching in rage, Rocket flew forward with his claw bared, but skidded to a halt as the Swampert raised its fist again; this time it was surrounded by a bright blue energy that crackled and hissed with ice energy.

"SHIT!" Rocket managed to avoid the Ice Punch attack by inches as he executed the quickest u-turn in his life. He slipped on the wet concrete, groaning as his aching body hit the ground with a solid splash. Hot shame seeped into his veins as he scrambled away, panicking that the Swampert would come in for another Ice Punch while he was down. He didn't; instead, Rocket could hear him laughing.

"You fucking dragons think you're so tough," the bastard sneered as he turned and charged at the rest of the group. Blood drizzled down Rocket's chin as he shakily stood up, watching as the Swampert charged straight for a little Eevee that Rocket hadn't even noticed was there. But he didn't run in there to save him; instead, Rocket felt the cold hopelessness of defeat creep over his scales, making him shiver in the rain. No, the attack had not hit, but if it had ... well, he'd be out of this fight in a heartbeat. And the Swampert, given how he was practically owning their group single-handedly, he was sure would have another chance to hit him.

We're not going to-- Of course they were going to win! It was eight of them versus one. Not only that, but he wasn't the only dragon anymore. Rocket bit down on the dull ache that his battered body carried as he dashed to the blue Dragonite. "Look buddy, we're gonna need to work together on this," he muttered, keeping one eye on the fight at all times. "Do you know any moves that can immobilize this guy? Like paralyze him or put him to sleep? Anything!"

((Swampy's going for Connor now, but I've assumed that someone has saved him, lol. As always, any problems and I'll edit. And yes, they're outside of the Poffin House and on the street now))
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:56 pm

Hearthome City [Poffin House] | Afternoon
    Artemis 56 | Phantom 56

The feeling was real. The water, the wetness. Thick foamy bubbles and vomit ooze from the sides of the Vaporeons jaws, her eyes distant and unfocused. They should of been closed but didnt get the chance. Instead they see no more then white spots on a blank background.
    Artemis lay spasming in a perpetual state. While not unconscious she has utterly no control of herself or real awareness. Water.. The word echos through an empty mind. She was aware of that. Each individual explosion of sensation as rain pelted her was all too real.
    Suddenly it seems to lighten. No, no it didn't stop but it lightened. With a hard heave her body gags and wretches harder in the moments relief. Wet.. It felt like she was on a bed of maggots, the foul creatures dancing across her skin. Whatever was under her was a problem. Problem... a water problem..

"I-I'll do it, Growlithe! I'll get her!" Though he is not relieved the initial panic is wears away and is replaced with gratitude. Unsure of what the small bird could do he dismisses the thought with 'something is better then nothing.' Staggering outside after the fight Phantom grits his teeth to prevent himself from whining. It was just a little, okay a lot, of pain and he could handle it. The rain practically hisses as it makes contact with his warm orange fur and as it seeps in and makes him shiver from cold the pup is not really bothered. The ocean water he used to live and play by was a lot colder and it was salty. Taking in a deep breathe he hurries to catch up with the fight. A little rain wouldn't kill him.

The bird, the species of which he does not know, does her best to cover Artemis but Phantom can still see droplets hitting her scales. And the ground.. Laying out here was would only worsen the problem. If Artemis was going to be okay they would have to move her somewhere dry. He would have to thank the Fletchinder for trying later when things weren't so.. active. Making it closer to his friend the Arcanine from before comes to the rescue. "I don't have time for this." Phantom flinches, biting back a sharp remark. Since when did saving someone become such a waste of time?! He wasn't really some knight in shining armor but he could be a little kinder about someone who truly needed his help. "Fuck--!"
    Again the heated, pressurized, painful blast of a Scald smacks against him but this time it was square in the chest. Dammit! The air is pressed from his lungs and the little Growlithe gasps for breath, each inhale more painful then the last. Why did it have to be a water type.. Struggling to stand again this time his thick pelt is weighed down with water. "Why a Swampert.." He chokes out with a mouthful of water.
    Sweeping his orange gaze aside Phantom's eyes go wide at the absolute onslaught between the now-Garchomp Rocket and the Mud Fish Pokemon. There was such raw power in both of them, hit after hit drawing blood but doing nothing to stop one another. Someones gonna get killed at this rate! For what he could see the thing wasn't even infected, none of the Pokemon that had attacked seemed to be! This fighting is pointless..

..Dry. The creeping feeling was dying back. There was something else now, something more like grass. It still itched but her organs stopped panicking at the grassy touch. Still.. wet.. Not even the grass was safe, it was still damp. Still covered in water.
    Artemis' sight wavers and images come to eye that are undefinable. Water. Though her underside was doing 'better' then before the pelting feeling from above had returned. The rain was back. The rain. The water.
    The Vaporeons body twitches uncomfortably, a choking sound coming from the back of her throat. This is what pure torture felt like.
    Negative10
    Negative10
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Negative10 Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:00 am

( ooc: ty vince for  texting me uguasjfsd. i'm gonna turn on email notifications, so hopefully i won't miss out on the posting again orz... )
    Hearthome City (Outside the Poffin House) | Afternoon | 5
    You thought it'd help if you took action, if you helped this Artemis, that Growlithe, anything really, to put your muscles to some use. But no sooner had you gotten to the Vaporeon had the world caught up to you, as if you lagged a few seconds behind the rest of the universe. "I don't have time for this." It was the Arcanine from before, easily overtaking your speed and scooping the effected animal onto his back. Arceus, you shoulda seen that coming -- what were you even going to do? Drag her body along the street and away from danger? You felt a little idiotic that you didn't look ahead in your planning; if only you were stronger, or bigger. If only you were evolved.

You find yourself staring with wide eyes at the large beast before you, now that you see him up close. And you just barely hear the sneer of the Swampert before you sense the heat. "S-shit!" There wasn't enough time to launch yourself into air, so you tired to push your body away from danger -- but you weren't quick enough, you weren't lucky enough. Searing pain caught your left wing, and an abrupt screech of pain escaped your beak. It felt like your entire body was working overtime, and the throbbing of your wing muscles only amplified with each interrupted gasp for breath.

Now- now was when your old man would take you inside and nurse you back to health, but he wasn't here, while the danger still lingered. Your head was in shock, random thoughts and fears and worries passing through your mind. Scald. Potential burns... You blinked away the liquid from your eyes, but no, you didn't think you were burned. The Vaporeon. The Arcanine. Was that the Absol attacking just then-? Then, the Swampert. You forced your eyes to focus, watching the hulking figure target another Pokemon. That.... that wasn't good. Your left wing felt incredibly tense, like a taut string about to break from the strain.

That was when you realized his target was a little fox.

"C-Connor! Look out-!" You shouted, pushing forward with a Quick Attack and ramming yourself into the Swampert's thick skin. It shrugged you off with a side swing of its forearm, right against your chest, and you fell on the ground. Your eyes sagged, and even if the Scald didn't burn your wing, every part of your body felt alight and aware of every hit you took. Holy shit, you didn't even fight against anything large and you were wiped out. Your chest constricted and every breath was a small victory. Hopefully- Arceus, hopefully you gave Connor even a few more seconds to get out of harm's way.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Abysswalker
    Abysswalker
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Abysswalker Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:14 pm

Hearthome City | Afternoon
    (4)
    Everything seemed to pass by in a blur.

One minute, Reaper was rambling about a queen taking Connor's head. Then the two blue beasts were fighting, tearing at each other in a brutal fight Connor was more than glad to stay out of. He had watched them in shock, his scared mind trying to comprehend how anyone could have the courage to face that water creature alone. When he heard Bee's screech, Connor realized she'd been hit by that horrible burning water; the Eevee didn't get the luxury of running or even calling out to her. In that moment, the Garchomp had ceased fighting and the Swampert had turned its attention to him.

Everything there had passed by in minutes, maybe even seconds; for Connor, this was when time seemed to come to a standstill.

He was frozen in place, his entire body petrified to one spot as the water beast charged towards him. Bee attacked the Swampert and was knocked aside with ease, shouting something that Connor could not hear or understand. Something in the Eevee's mind clicked, and the sudden realization that this city once filled with humans was going to be his grave crashed down upon him. Connor's mind scrambled for something to say, something to do in that very last moment. He thought of his sister and Bee, the could-have-been friend.

I'm sorry, Penelope.

The Swampert was almost upon him, and Connor screwed his eyes shut. He didn't want to see it anymore. There was a shout belonging to a voice much different than Bee's, and suddenly he was grabbed by the scruff and rushed away. Connor's eyes widened with disbelief as he attempted to understand what had just happened. By some miraculous turn of events, he was alive. For all his belief that the Swampert would kill him, Connor had lived.

After being spirited away, Connor felt himself being set down. His entire body was shaking in a mixture of fear and adrenaline, but he was able to look up at the one who had saved him. It was a huge, orange striped dog, looking at him with what actually seemed to be concern. Connor had never imagined such large Pokemon could care for someone as small as him.

"You okay kid?"

It was surreal how unafraid Connor was. Strangers left him feeling terrified, and big Pokemon normally made his heart skip a beat. Yet here he was, with someone that fulfilled both roles, and Connor was only feeling mildly uneasy of the great dog. He could only imagine how upset Penelope would be...he wasn't supposed to trust others, but...

"I'm okay," Connor said, "I'm not hurt, that thing didn't get me."

(OoC: Ugh. I'm sorry for how bad this post was. I just am not in a very writer-friendly mood at the moment.)

Jonah / Nocturne
    i open the door
    Drago
    Drago
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Drago Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:18 pm

[43]

Drago watched as the Dragon wrestled with the Swampert. His own attack had not even phased the bulking beast. That was to be expected. He had had no illusions that his fire attack would even leave a scratch. Water and ground... Water and ground... Two of his attacks would be completely useless against the monster. Maybe if he could get close enough to hit him...

The Dragon and the Beast parted slightly in the street, before running back at each other. Drago's eyes narrowed. Wait... The Dragon saw it too, just in time. Blue frost shimmered around the Swampert's fist. Drago bit down on his lip, trying to think of any solution to this newfound problem. It had an Ice attack. That was a problem. This group was in for some trouble. The fire types weren't the only ones in danger now.

"Look buddy, we're gonna need to work together on this,"

Drago hadn't noticed the Dragon return to his side, lost in thought as he was. Despite himself, he gave a very slight smile at hearing the cocky fellow admit that he needed help. His frown returned at the next question though.

"Do you know any moves that can immobilize this guy? Like paralyze him or put him to sleep? Anything!"

Drago sighed, shaking his head. "Ground types..." He very nearly growled out the words. To further prove his meaning, small sparks bounced between his antannae, forming an arc of electricity. "I can't paralyze him, but now that we're out of the building... I may have a trick we could use." Turning his head, he looked directly into the Dragon's eyes. "You're strong. I've already seen that. But this guy... He's got a serious advantage over all of us. I'm not sure if we're actually gonna be able to beat him." Tilting his head towards the other companions, he added, "At least, not without losing some folk along the way. We may need to think of an exit strategy."

Turning once more, Drago saw the Red Dog dash in just in time to save the little brown fox from another blast of boiling water. Something had to be done. He didn't wait for an answer from the Dragon.

Stretching his wings out to their full size, Drago sent himself into the air with a powerful push. He probably wouldn't get another chance like this. The Swampert wasn't looking his way. Increasing the speed of his wings flapping, a small vortex of wind began to form. Faster. Faster. The vortex began to grow, extending from his body towards the Swampert. If he could just get it moving fast enough to lift the Swampert off the ground for a while... Pushing with all of his strength, Drago shot the Twister attack at the beast, a large tornado soaring straight towards him. This was the only chance Drago had of fighting without getting close. Otherwise... Drago hoped this worked. This had to work.

((It can work or it could not. Not positive on how fast you want us out of the city, Night, so go ahead and have it respond however you want : ) ))
    Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Duma Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:28 am

|4|
    Reaper skipped out of the way once his attacks had landed, cackling madly. "Off with your head! Off with your head the queen cries!" He trilled, another cackle escaping his mouth, sharp teeth gleaming in the rain that dripped down on them, washing  his white fur a soggy grey. "You fucking dragons think you're so tough," Somehow, Reaper's grin grew wider, and a shrill cackle cracked through the air. "Mutiny! Mutiny! Death to the queen!"

He skipped around the swampert again, his bright red eyes gleaming in glee. "Why a Swampert..""Why not? It's a hell of a lot more fun!" He grinned as he spoke, shooting another Shadow Ball at the Swampert, before jumping to the side and shooting another Shadow Ball, aiming for it's head. Skipping away, Reaper's attention was drawn away by the Swampert shooting at that delicious Flechinder, Bee. Oooh, tasty He thought as the burning water rushed past him, the steam hissing as it passed. "S-shit!"

Reaper skipped away, his claws skittering as he moved over towards Bee, but he pulled away as he was heading over, looking over at the Arcanine. Their opponent charged another Scald, the steam bubbling from it's mouth. "For fuck's sake..." The exasperated growl was not lost of Reaper, but his eyes were fixed on Connor, where the swampert was aiming. Such a shame really. "No!" Hero over to his side yelled his disapproval, speeding forwards with an astounding speed that made Reaper take a few steps back. "I'll need to watch the knight - my head needn't roll." The Absol muttered, watching as the Arcanine ran over and saved the eevee.

"You okay kid?" It was sickening really. Poking his tongue out, Reaper's grin faded as he trotted over, his grin only a toothy smile now. "Nice save oh valiant knight~ Maybe you can use your wits to slay the queen!" He said, giggling at his words. "I'm okay," He smiled at the eevee, but it was a wolf's smile. "Oh, but of course you are Connor dear~ The Knight is destined to save the weak - of course this leads to his downfall though!" He cackled, trotting away as he flicked the golden clock around his neck, his grin wide and utterly joyful, despite their situation.
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:34 pm

Hearthome City/Afternoon (70)

"Ground types..." the Dragonite growled. Rocket raised an eyebrow, not figuring out his point until he saw the crackles of electricity flicker between his antennae. He had a move that could immobilize him; he just couldn't use it. "I can't paralyze him, but now that we're out of the building... I may have a trick we could use."
    Rocket nodded eagerly, prompting him onward. "Out with it then!"
    "You're strong. I've already seen that. But this guy... He's got a serious advantage over all of us. I'm not sure if we're actually gonna be able to beat him. At least, not without losing some folk along the way. We may need to think of an exit strategy."
    "Riiiiiight... Rocket held a claw up to his swelling eye where the Swampert had punched him. "So you mean like a diver-- oh." The Dragonite had taken off, and was hovering above the battlefield. He beat his wings furiously, and a large Twister attack started to form.

The Swampert noticed. His bruised and bloodied body stood perfectly still as he watched the vortex of wind grow in size. Rocket frowned; why wasn't he running? If he wasn't about to get hit by a tornado then this would have been the perfect opportunity for them to all attack at once. Was he aware that they were all holding back for this reason? Was he going to--

Oh shit. Rocket opened his mouth to shout, to warn the others, and just as he did so the Swampert's gaze swivelled over to meet his. He was grinning. Rocket looked up at the Dragonite. "NO, DON'T--" The Twister, huge and vicious, was at full size and ready to be fired. Right at that moment, the Swampert charged in Rocket's direction.

"STOP!" the Garchomp hollered, but it was too late. The Twister was sent hurtling right in his direction. He scrambled away, plunging both claws into the ground as the winds started to lift him off his feet. Somewhere behind him, the Swampert roared with laughter.

"You son of a--" Rocket growled, his claws frantically scraping at the ground as they began to lose their grip. Every bit of air in his lungs was whipped straight out of him as the Twister pulled him into its violent winds. Panic pumped through Rocket's veins. As the world shook and rotated around him, he reached out for rooftops, tree branches and anything else that he could spy, but the second he saw them he was blasted away from them. Round and round he spun, and even through the roaring winds he could still hear the Swampert laughing and cheering. Accepting that there wasn't a damn thing he could do, Rocket curled himself up and waited for it to end. Surely enough, after a few seconds he was flung through the air and he smashed into the wall of the Poffin House.

Agony pulsed through Rocket's body as he slid down from the ground, gasping as his lungs finally started working again. "Shit..." Balancing on his claws, he edged himself onto his feet, wincing from the pain. His legs collapsed from under him and he fell with a thud, coughing up a glob of congealed blood. Aware of the eyes watching the worst failure of his life, he could've burst into pathetic, self-pitying tears.

"That was -- AHAHAHAHA!" the bastard howled with laughter, tears streaming down his maniacal face. "That was FUCKING HILARIOUS! Oh legends! Wait 'til I tell the others!"

"Screw it..." Rocket's voice wavered as he edged himself up again, this time his legs keeping him steady. He wobbled upright, tilting back his head slightly to keep his dignity inside his eyes where it belonged. "I'm out of here..." He barely spared the group a glance as he fled down the street, a strong limp in his left leg slowing him down. When he was sure that no one could see he blinked and allowed the salty tears of defeat and humiliation fall down his cheeks.

((You can either follow Rocket outright or have the Swampert drive them away in his direction. Up to you.))
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:46 am

Hearthome City [Poffin House] | Afternoon
    Artemis 57 | Phantom 57

Phantoms heart drops. Rocket, for all his power and strength, failed.. miserably. The near comical scene left the Swampert bellowing, finding no threat in the ragtag group any longer and only serving to rub salt in their wounds. The Garchomp was leaving.. fleeing or just ditching the scene, it didnt matter. Its over. One leg buckles under his weight, pain racing through the pups body. Not only did we not have to fight.. we lost..

Pale yellow bile oozed from Artemis mouth as she lay twitching on the Arcanines shoulders. Its fur was wet but warm, the heat almost soothing as it ebbed the water away. Even if only for a few moments the rain had stopped touching her exposed, standing scales. Water. The Vaporeons eyelids flutter but she can not get herself to wake. The horrors of reality were much too great. Roars and voices hum behind thick glass and the rough, rapid movements of Halloweens sprint are numbed over, feeling like no more then gentle shifting.

The water.. It was back. The rain. The rain was back. They must of been moving again and then.... She is floating. Suddenly all pressure is gone and for a moment the Bubble Jet Pokemon is floating weightlessly, body twisting awkwardly but still feather-light as she slips off the Arcanine's back. Collapsing to the ground with a hard thud it finally hits her. Snap. Artemis lets out a pained yelp, legs scrabbling against the wet concrete but failing to find a grip. Somewhat awoken unfocused eyes blink before going as wide as moons. ..Water, everywhere! She was surrounded! Every scale of her hide crept and crawled, more rain touching her blue body. The creeping feeling ran rampant through her until she started to vomit once more but this time she could not black out again. She had to get away, somehow, someway. Oh dear legends she had to get away from this horrid liquid. "Ph-pha-a-a... pha-a-a.. t-t-t-ooooo-m-m..." She moans between each heave of her chest. He was her only hope, the only one, the only Pokemon that understood. "Artemis!" The hound yelps, a worried expression coating his visage since her fall.

"H-hang in there!" The hound barks, limping toward the downed fish. The Mud Fish continued to bellow behind him but the fiery canine ignored it. "Im getting you out of here." He whispers to the Vaporeon while gently gripping her wrist in his teeth and pulls. "Ha-haaaaaaa..." The word dies and more pale bile leaves her throat, cyan eyes rolling back in her head. The Growlithe can feel her body spasming as he drags her across the wet concrete. Do something idiot! If only he was as big as the Arcanine... Despite the pain screaming from his side Phantom wormed his way under the Vaporeon, draping her blue body across his like a coat. Youre.. heavier then you look.. She was the same size as him and each step was now a fight for the Puppy Pokemon. Without realizing it he was following the same path that Rocket had gone down on his new quest to escape the rain.
    Negative10
    Negative10
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Negative10 Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:08 pm

Hearthome City (Outside the Poffin House) | Afternoon | 6

You remember the PokeDolls in the supermarket, put on a pedestal and placed high up for all to see. More accurately, you remembered that, past the rare dolls, there were the reject ones, toppled over and abandoned -- and you can't believe you were comparing yourself to some doll. "Ggrh..." That last hit from the Swampert, however little harm it actually did, was the last stretch for you. Pain blurred your vision and the world pulsed, but not in your liking, definitely not, holy shit. You weren't sure if you had fainted, but details were muddled and withdrawn.

A large orange shadow passed over you; the blue dragon flew upwards; there was movement and mayhem and what was happening, you weren't sure. Did anyone actually know where they were going-?! Shaking your head, you rolled onto your side, then crawled with one wing, then the other, then one more, away from the Swampert. The water type was laughing, as if victory had already been won (it had, it had), and you got angry. Something inside you burned, igniting inside your body and hurting. If only you were stronger, then you could actually help. "D-dammit..."

Enough of your vision had returned, but it was all for naught. The Growlithe and the Vaporeon were sagging away from the fight, and the Garchomp- what the hell... You hadn't known these Pokemon for long, but you had automatically assumed that dragon was the leader, with his attitude at your initial arrival. Anything would be better than fleeing. You have the strength, why can't you use it...! Your face contorted meanly, like you tasted something rotten -- and you had, when you realized there were Pokemon like that Garchomp who'd abandon his friends without a second glance, leave them behind like a rejected PokeDoll. That was what hurt most, actually: that he abandoned all of them without another thought.

"I..." You looked back at the Arcanine, and Connor, and Reaper. The Swampert lolled its head in its smug victory, taunting for another battle -- its stupid lump of a head meant that he was otherwise distracted. Then you looked towards the Garchomp, and Artemis and that Growlithe. If only you were stronger... you stared at the ground, before curtly nodding.

Your wings hurt with every pull of their muscles, and the rain felt suffocating and heavy, but you flew in a beeline towards the Garchomp with hooded eyes. "H-hey, you! How could you just run away without- without even looking out for the others?!"
    Abysswalker
    Abysswalker
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Abysswalker Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:43 pm

(5)

The orange dog didn't respond, which Connor didn't mind, but Reaper decided to come over to them, bearing his signature creepy smile. "Oh, but of course you are Connor dear~ The Knight is destined to save the weak - of course this leads to his downfall though!" Connor felt immense relief when he walked away-the Eevee didn't think he could handle any more Reaper-induced fear.

Connor looked up in awe as the blue dragon flew into the air, using the wind to form some sort of tornado. His stomach lurched at the thought of being so far up; what followed, though, was so much worse. The other dragon-the one without wings, the dragon that Connor saw as being so powerful and intimidating-was caught up in the vortex, unable to escape. The Eevee closed his eyes tight, visibly wincing even if he could no longer see what was happening. There was no way for him not to hear the wingless dragon was thrown onto the building from before. Connor could imagine just how much it hurt, which was not something he wanted to think about. The water beast was laughing, in an uproar over the horrible situation.

When Connor gained the courage to open his eyes again, the wingless dragon was running away, the small dog carrying its friend and following. The Eevee remembered how his mom and dad had fled too, abandoning him and Penelope. Wasn't that similar to this? He didn't know them beyond the huge dog and Bee, but...this didn't feel right. His two instincts fought, the Eevee's distrust of strangers and fear of being alone battling each other. Connor had always been told exactly what to do, but now that he was actually around other Pokemon without Penelope, it was different. Penelope was always right, but she wasn't here. How was Connor supposed to know the right path by himself? Nothing made sense anymore.

His mind was still unresolved, but then the Eevee saw Bee fly over to the fleeing dragon. Connor knew she was hurt, and he felt terrible thinking of how that terrifying water beast had been the one to injure her. But again, he found himself in a dilemma. The orange dog had saved him, the Growlithe was struggling to carry his water-type friend-Artemis?-and then there was Bee. Out of everyone here, he trusted her the most. They'd only known each other for a short time, but Connor saw the firebird as a friend already.

The Eevee looked back at the orange dog that had saved him. Without making eye contact, he began to speak in a very nervous voice.
    "Um...sorry," It was barely more than a squeak, with Connor completely forgetting to mention what he was sorry for. "T-thank you. For saving me from that beast."
    Feeling immensely guilty, and still scared, the Eevee ran over to Bee, hoping the movement would not attract the attention of the water beast. His guilt extended to not helping the small pup, but Connor was tiny himself...what use would be be for carrying someone? For the umpteenth time, he wished Penelope was there to help.

"Bee?" Connor said timidly to the bird. "Can-can anyone beat that thing?" The Eevee cast nervous looks back at the Pokemon in question, wondering when if it would get tired and just try to finish them off fast. The Garchomp's decision to flee was looking a lot more sensible by the minute, even if Connor didn't want to be abandoned.

Jonah / Nocturne
    i open the door
    Drago
    Drago
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Drago Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:54 pm

[44]

Drago had... Miscalculated.

He had expected the Swampert to flee, to at least make an attempt to dodge or evade his Twister. He hadn't expected it to charge inwards. The flash of movement occured just after Drago's attack had been released. After any control he had over the attack was gone.

His attack missed.

No, it didn't miss. It hit someone else. The Swampert had managed to not only dodge, but divert the tornado to someone else. The Dragon. Hovering in the air, Drago could only watch as the ground-Dragon was flung into the air, whirled in circles, and finally smashed into the side of a building. When the poor guy stood up, Drago released a breath he hadn't realized he had been holding in. He wasn't sure what he'd have done if he had killed him accidentally.

He doesn't seem like the sort who'll be willing to accept an apology...

The thought flashed through his head, but he pushed it away. They weren't going to win a fight with this Swampert, numbers advantage or no. His reaction to the Twister was just more evidence of that. He wasn't proud that his attack had struck an ally, but it did force the stubborn Dragon to retreat. Drago sighed, watching as several others in the group began to follow him. He was going to hear hell for this...

Flying in narrow circles, Drago moved towards the direction the Dragon had gone. He followed behind the others, staying in the back. If the Swampert tried to pursue them, he'd attempt to hold it off for as long as he could, so that they could make an escape.

((OOC: God.. I'm really sorry this post is pretty shitty. I'll make up for it next post I promise!))
    Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Duma Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:38 am

|5|
    Reaper's eyes lit up with utter delight when the dragonite appeared in his vision. "Oh how utterly delightful! Fresh meat!" The Absol squealed with insane joy. "Ground types..." The dragon's growl set a joyful grin on Reaper's face as the absol's paws danced on the concrete floor excitedly. "Yes yes! The type of ground is surely a troublesome hurdle my prince!" He giggled, skipping around gleefully.  "I can't paralyze him, but now that we're out of the building... I may have a trick we could use." Reaper stopped his gleeful dance, his grin growing some more. "Oh, oh, oh! A Trickster is it? Brilliant!" He giggled, snickering as the Garchomp snarled at the shiny. "Out with it then!"

"You're strong. I've already seen that. But this guy... He's got a serious advantage over all of us. I'm not sure if we're actually gonna be able to beat him. At least, not without losing some folk along the way. We may need to think of an exit strategy." "Please, enlighten us oh Trickster!" Reaper giggled at the dragon, dancing back and forth as his tiny pupils watched the Garchomp hungrily. "Riiiiiight... A snickering laugh left the Absol's mouth as he skipped around an annoyed throw from the Swampert. "So you mean like a diver-- oh."

The dragonite flew up into the air, the winds swirling around as a small Twister formed. "Ah the Trickster of Wind I see! Fly Trickster! Fly!" Reaper cackled, bouncing gleefully. Their Queen saw the attack and grinned, charging at the Garchomp. "NO, DON'T--" Reaper watched intently, his eyes darting from the Garchomp to the building Twister. "STOP!" The Twister was launched, the swirling mass heading straight for the Garchomp. Reaper cackled madly, bouncing up and down, his claws clapping together with each jump. "The Trickster has made an error! The winds missed and hit an ally! Off with his head!" Reaper shrieked with glee, his muzzle split with a wide grin.

"You son of a--" The Garchomp flew up into the air, sucked up by the Twister. Reaper cackled madly, his sharp teeth gleaming. The dragon hit the side of the house and fell, landing on the ground with a delightful thud. "Mutiny! Mutiny! The Queen cries! Off with the King's head for he is guilty of high treason! The judge says it's so!" Reaper cackled, looking over at the Swampert with am wolf's grin. "That was -- AHAHAHAHA! "That was FUCKING HILARIOUS! Oh legends! Wait 'til I tell the others!" Reaper giggled at the Swampert, looking back to the dragon, who was just getting up.

"Screw it..." Reaper grinned as the dragon looked around, his defenses shattered. "I'm out of here..." Reaper cackled madly, his laughter  fueled by the dragon's fleeting form as it absconded. "Flee! Flee like the Mareep you are! The hungry Mightyena is coming!" Reaper cackled, bounding after the dragon, his steps light and bouncy. The flechinder, Bee, flew up, breathless and worried. "H-hey, you! How could you just run away without- without even looking out for the others?!" Reaper giggled madly. "Easy dear Bee! It's just as easy as turning and running the opposite way to everyone. This Bard has taken too long to move on here though, so I must say goodbye to you young Page!" Reaper said, branching off and skipping away, his red eyes searching for a new place to go, and for new faces to see.

((OOC: With that my lovelies, Reaper shall be off! It's been nice here~))
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:24 pm

Hearthome City/Afternoon (71)

"H-hey, you! How could you just run away without- without even looking out for the others?!"

"Shut up," Rocket muttered as he ran, squinting as the pouring rain spat into his eyes. "Just shut up..."

The part that scared him the most was that the Fletchinder was right - he had abandoned them all.

With a maniac that wanted to kill them.

But he couldn't turn back now, not after what had just happened. Why put his pride at further risk when it was already in pieces? Why should he have to endure the judgmental looks that everyone was surely giving him? Why should he have to listen to that Swampert as he mocked and laughed at him?

Rocket reached a corner and skidded around it, dashing through a cascade of water gushing from a broken drainage pipe above him. He dared to glance behind him and saw that everyone was following, including the Fletchinder that had managed to sum him up in one sentence.

Coward. Traitor. Weak. The words spun around inside Rocket's head like a whirlpool. Had he just earned himself that reputation? Was he nothing but a coward to them?

Spotting an open door on his left, Rocket limped through it. His amber eyes quickly scanned for any danger, but found an empty living room decorated with torn armchairs and overturned coffee tables. He turned and waited for the others to come in and join him, leaning on a bookcase for support.

He bit his lip anxiously. He had a lot of explaining to do.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:46 pm

Artemis 58 | Phantom 58

As the small canine dragged his paws along, struggling desperately not to stumble has he carried his larger friend, a pained look crossed his mask-covered face. Two orange-brown eyes locked on the grey-blue form stiffly running away from him. Why.. His worry for the seizuring Vaporeon was being overridden by the sight of the Garchomp. They may of only met a bot over an hour ago but Phantom knew he was not the kind to give up, to run away with his tail between his legs, to abandon his friends. In the face of an enemy we are all weak against no less.. Disappointment sing brightly across his visage.
    With each labored, near faltering step the canines teeth clenched harder. Ho-oh above, he hadnt remembered her being so heavy. Buck up Phantom, you can do it! With another step a fresh wave of pain radiates through his side along the line of his wound. That definately wasnt helping.. "Pha-a-aaa--aa.. Pha-aaaa-a-aaa.." The Bubble Jet Pokemon moans listlessly. It was more a subconcious then anything, her cyan eyes still saucer-wide and unfocused.

From behind the pair can hear the Swampert still guffawing with glee, "HAHAHA, look at you all! Nothing but a bunch of sorry shits, chasing after your so called Leader! AHAH yeah you better scram you fucking cunts, dont even have the courage to face me! What a foul creature.. Phantom has to physically prevent himself from vomiting or looking back at it. Was he running away? Technically.. Artemis did need to be removed from battle and it had fallen upon him to do so, but why wasnt he returning to it? But yet.. With the removal of one Pokemon the fight seemed as good as over. None of them were strong enough to even dint the brute let alone defeat it. Not to mention the overwhelming type disadvantage. The tiny hound took in a deep breath, puffing up his chest. He was brave, and though he was fleeing an unfinished battle it didn't make him a coward!

The pretty bird, he'd have to ask what she was- he'd never seen one in Gateon, flutters past him with obvious contempt, "H-hey, you! How could you just run away without- without even looking out for the others?!" He had disappointment, she had anger with a clear bite to her words. I should defend him. Rocket, his leader since he wandered up to him, was being shot down but the Growlithe can not get himself to speak up. Any words die in his throat.

The Vaporeon twitches her paws uncomfortably. Kill me now. There was water on Phantom's pelt too! It tingles against her scales, making her stomach churn until more pale colored vomit is forced up her throat. Guh.... The moisture under her was hell enough but it was still raining. Each little droplet was an explosion against her standing scales, discomfort shaking her down to her bones. Disorientated, half-conscious, and lost in her phobia the Vaporeon just wants to die. "Yyoouu..uuuu" She moans mindlessly, "Left... us..." Or not.
    Negative10
    Negative10
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Negative10 Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:24 am

Hearthome City | Afternoon | 7

"Easy dear Bee! It's just as easy as turning and running the opposite way to everyone. This Bard has taken too long to move on here though, so I must say goodbye to you young Page!" Maybe in another time and place Reaper's words would make sense to you -- maybe even assuage the tumultuous emotions that flashed through your mind. But in This Particular Case, you stared in confusion as the Absol as he skipped away. Maybe in another time and place you would understand the strange Pokemon's antics; not that it bothered you as much as other Pokemon did. Bah. I'd take even Reaper over this Garchomp...

"Just shut up..."

"I would- if you just admitted what obviously went wrong back there!" You swiped a wing against your beak, forcing yourself to stop, though you felt your eyes narrow at the larger beast. Some part of you said you weren't have any place to say anything, considering you followed the Garchomp into hiding- another part rebutted, pointing out that you had neither the strength nor the capability to take on the Swampert. Another part inside altogether said you weren't as angry about the Garchomp then you were angry about being abandoned in the first place. ... Whatever. Forget him! You fluttered your feathers, scattering raindrops and sighing at your oily glisten. You were nasty. Nasty and tired. Nasty and defeated.

You hopped onto the armrest of a beat up chair, talons clawing at its leathery texture. The rain still fell heavily, a toast to their failure, a reminder of their defeat. Your chest plume puffed out, and you sighed, louder this time, enough that the Garchomp could hear. Heavy eyes looked to the other companions that followed the dragon, looking at the Growlithe valiantly carrying- Artemis, was it? "A-ah, will she be okay, er, Growlithe sir?" You called out to the duo from your position, not having the actual energy to glide over and assist them.

"Bee. Can-can anyone beat that thing?" You perked up when you realized- thank Arceus, that Connor stood before you, with a jarred look but seemingly fine considering the circumstances.

You lifted a wing by but a centimeter, weakly inviting the Eevee to sit next to you on the armchair. "I... wish I could say, Connor. That Swampert..." You paused, thinking back to all the Pokemon that were 'on your side', so to speak. There was that Arcanine, and that strangely colored Dragonite, both formidable yet still not having turned up... No words formed in your mind, and you left it at that. That Swampert was many things, but it was beyond both your and Connor's strength... the thought put you at an unease. You looked everywhere around the room except in Connor's direction. "Let's just get out of here."

That was one thing you'd agree with the Garchomp on.
    Abysswalker
    Abysswalker
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Abysswalker Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:42 pm

(6)

Connor knew that the slight lifting of Bee's wing was an invitation to sit with her; Penelope had done something similar in the days before, though she'd had used an ear instead of a wing. The Eevee walked over to the bird, sparing only a few nervous glances towards the defeated Garchomp. He might have lost to the Swampert, but he could still tear Connor into little pieces. Shaken by the thought, the Eevee found himself whimpering a little bit-he could only hope the dragon wasn't mad enough to blame them for the Swampert's victory.

"I... wish I could say, Connor. That Swampert..." 

Bee didn't speak further; Connor understood what that meant too. If even the two dragons working together had lost, what chance did they have? Running was always the better option, he knew that; they shouldn't have even tried to fight the Water-type. That's what Penelope had always said; he shouldn't battle, she could take care of everything. Speaking of his sister...he'd been so sidetracked with the things going on here, while she kept getting further and further away from him. Connor had to find his sister, without her, how could he keep going? 

"Let's just get out of here."

With those words, Connor had an idea; maybe he could get Bee to help him find her. He'd only just met the bird, but she was a lot like Penelope; brave and caring. Unlike most strangers, he didn't feel afraid being around her. Connor still felt horribly nervous-what if she refused? Then he'd be alone again, and he had barely made it to the city alone before. Artemis and her friend were unlikely to help, and he didn't really want to ask the dragons.

"Um...I-" Connor began to speak up when the orange dog that had saved his life limped into the building. It was easy to tell how hurt the canine was-and the Eevee could guess at why. Not only had this complete stranger saved him, he'd also tried to fight the water-beast when everyone else had fled...Connor didn't know what to think or say. He'd never known someone besides his sister to have such courage.

"Guess we can't beat this guy...does anyone know..the area?" Connor didn't know much about it, and was going to say so, only to end up saying something entirely different.

"E-Excuse me, sir," Connor spoke to the canine, his voice nothing more than a timid squeak. "But, um, did you fight that-that beast by yourself?"

(OoC: he's really adorable okay)

Jonah / Nocturne
    i open the door
    Drago
    Drago
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Drago Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:17 am

[45]

The others were leaving, leaving Drago circling overhead between them and the Swampert. Only one of them had stayed behind, a large red canine. Drago stopped circling long enough to get a good look at the dog. From his position, he couldn't hear what the two were saying to each other, but he didn't like the way the Dog was standing. He can't be thinking to... The dog jumped at the Swampert, causing Drago to jolt forward slightly.

He knew there was nothing he could do to help the situation- his abilities just weren't made for teamwork, and that made him angry. He wanted to help, he wanted to fight, yet all he could do was watch. They were too close to each other, attacking nearly exclusively in melee range. Any attack Drago tried to use would hit the Dog too. As Drago watched the fight turn in the Swampert's favor, he held his breath, unable to turn away. When the Dog was beaten and the Swampert started to leave, Drago began to move as if to give chase, but stopped himself at the last second.

Do you think you can beat him on your own?

Yes. He did. He was strong, and he was well used to fighting. He could probably win in an all out one-on-one, albeit with much difficulty.

But what would be the point?

That thought held him back. The others had left, and the Swampert had made it clear it wasn't chasing them. The city was no longer a safe place for this group, and killing the Swampert wouldn't necessarily change that. Drago sighed heavily. Angry at his own failures, he turned his back on the battle-site and followed the rest of the group.

Following the Dog, he found himself in front of the open door of yet another building. He was the last to arrive, and he could already hear their voices inside. He stepped through the doorway gently, making little sound. He wasn't sure how the group would react to him after that embarrassing dispaly of his. Standing near the doorway, he was prepared to make an exit if they made it clear he was not welcome.
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 pm

Hearthome City/Late Afternoon (72)

Rocket watched with downcast eyes as everyone piled inside the small living room. He felt like a nasty stain on the carpet, which everyone was treading carefully around and pulling disgusted faces at. He shouldn't have felt like this ... he'd evolved now; he should've been feeling on top of the world, ready to take on anything. But this ... this had not been his plan in the slightest.

He could hear that Swampert's uproar of laughter bouncing around the walls of his skull. A growl rumbled in his throat as he snarled.

"Yyoouu..uuuu," Artemis groaned from Phantom's back. "Left... us..."
    Rocket clenched his jaw and looked away.
    "Bee. Can-can anyone beat that thing?"
    "I... wish I could say, Connor. That Swampert..."
    The bird and the little Eevee settled on the couch beside each other, and Rocket felt slightly sick as he watched them comfort each other. They wouldn't have needed to do this - any of this - if he'd just have done what he was supposed to do; if he'd evolved and everything had gone the way it should have.

Looking at the Fletchinder and the Eevee, Rocket realised why he felt so ill as another voice, his own, echoed in his head: "It'll be OK. Just ... I ... just trust me, OK? I'll make sure that nothing like this happens to you again, all right?"
    A promise to an old friend, broken within minutes due to his carelessness. Written had never even said that she had forgiven him.
    Rocket rested his gaze on a lamp on the table beside him. He'd cried once and gotten away with it without being seen; he could do it again.

The last to enter was the Arcanine, looking damp, beaten and stricken. Rocket's golden eyes latched onto the Fire-type as he panted out his words. "Guess we can't beat this guy...does anyone know..the area?"
    "No," Rocket snapped through gritted teeth, practically feeling his anger bubble inside him like magma. "I don't. I don't know shit. That's obvious enough, since I didn't know we'd be BEATEN HALF TO DEATH BY ONE FUCKING SWAMPERT!"

The volcano exploded. Rocket's arm lashed out towards the lamp and sent it hurtling into the opposite wall, where it shattered to pieces. "ONE GUY!" he screamed, throwing his arms up into the air. "ONE FUCKING GUY HANDS OUR ASSES TO US! WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED?!"

"You,"
    he growled, pointing one claw at the near-unconscious Vaporeon. "What the FUCK WAS THAT? The ONE Pokemon out of ALL OF US who could've taken advantage of that rain SPAZZES OUT ON THE FUCKING FLOOR?! WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK?!"

"And YOU."
    His claw snapped round to point at the Arcanine. "You knew all about it! You KNEW that they were coming, but what did you say? NOTHING! FUCK ALL! Well nice work, Mr Big Hero! I'D HAVE HAD BETTER LUCK COMING FROM A FUCKING MAGIKARP!"

"And--"
    Eyes wide with maddened fury, Rocket's trembling claw rested in the Dragonite's direction. "'I want to help'? HAH! Yeah, just launch a FUCKING TORNADO at the guy in charge! NICE FUCKING WORK! I SAID to stop and what did you do?! THAT! I-- I-I can't..."

Just like that, it was gone; the mountain had ejected its unwanted pressure and was nothing but smoke and dust. Exhausted, Rocket slumped against the bookcase, knocking some of its contents onto the floor with a series of thumps. His head bent as low as he could get it, terrified of anyone seeing his stricken expression.

But more scared of any of that happening again.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:04 pm

Hearthome City | Late Afternoon
    Artemis 59 | Phantom 59

Legends help him for dead weight was a lot harder to carry then he had imagined. The pup kept his breathing as calm as he could but the muscles of his already weakened legs were burning with effort by the time he staggered into the building after the others. Still, he never faltered, walking as firmly as he could to make sure Artemis got to safety. I hope she's alright.. It wasn't the first time he had witnessed that but it was definitely one of the worst. Struggling into the room he offers the Garchomp but a light scowl before letting the Vaporeon slide off his back onto what was probably a nice rug at some point. Some leader.. The Growlithe tries to think of even one instance during the fight that the dragon had helped someone else but he comes up empty-pawed. Kinda selfish. That wasn't a good trait for a 'leader'. Downcast eyes watch Artemis struggle onto her stomach.

"A-ah, will she be okay, er, Growlithe sir?" The female voice draws him away from his thoughts, orange-brown eyes peeling off of his blue scaled friend. She was shaking a bit still, muscles flexing uncomfortably, but she was alive and semiconscious. Hell, she was in better shape then him aside from the panic. Letting his mind focus on the bird the canine smiles gently, "She'll be alright. Thanks for your concern." Artemis was a fighter, that was for sure. He blinks, unable to place a name on the bird or the little Eevee to her side. "My names Phantom, and hers is Artemis." A sick feeling ripples down his sodden pelt. He was so wet, fur heavy with water and blood from attacks and rain alike. In the tight space shaking it off would be.. less then polite, especially with Artemis so close. "Excuse me a moment," He pardons himself, making the effort to get back to his paws and step outside to shake out his thick orange pelt.

The Vaporeon took in deep but fast breaths. For the love of all that was sacred why wouldnt the water just get the fuck off of her? Scales crawling and creeping against the drying moisture Artemis found herself growling at nothing, willing the feeling to leave with the threatening sound. Yeah, it wasn't working. "Let's just get out of here," Oh, now that was a thing? Why couldnt that be a thing before they got their own shit handed to them by a godsdamned Swampert?! In an attempt to speak up all Artemis can do is continue to express her anger in a half growl, half grunt. Locking her cyan eyes on the Garchomp her currently slow mind is shocked when a much larger amount of orange fur enters then had left. "You okay man?" Phantom calls in after the Arcanine but the evolved hounds state was rather obvious already.

Despite this, he managed to speak, "Guess we can't beat this guy... does any one know.. the area?" Well then. Including herself that made three. But.. Artemis tried to put pressure on one shaking paw but the foot refused to hold any weight. Im not going anywhere. At least not yet. She rolls her eyes and grunts. Guess y'all just have to wait then. They didnt have to wait hand and foot on her but they could at least do that, right? Her thoughts are forced to focus one another Pokemon as he both yells and rampages. "I don't. I don't know shit. That's obvious enough, since I didn't know we'd be BEATEN HALF TO DEATH BY ONE FUCKING SWAMPERT!"
    Phantoms ears droop and, regardless of his disappointment in the dual type, he tries to soothe the dragon, "Rocket.. clam down.." But it rightfully ignored as he vents. "ONE GUY! ONE FUCKING GUY HANDS OUR ASSES TO US! WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED?!" Honestly.. her memory was blank aside from the rain terror.

"You," Rocket turned on her, causing the Bubble Jet Pokemon to squeak slightly and force her eyes to focus into her signature scowl. "What the FUCK WAS THAT? The ONE Pokemon out of ALL OF US who could've taken advantage of that rain SPAZZES OUT ON THE FUCKING FLOOR?! WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK?!" Did, did he know? Her teeth grit together. Was she even supposed to answer that? It was just blind rage, no, no she didnt have to answer shit. The feeling of eyes watching her is too much, anxiety builds in her chest until the Vaporeon can not breath. "W-what good is the rain? How was th-that supposed to help me at all." Rocket continues with his hissy fit while she merely returns to growling. She didn't need to say anything. He knew nothing. Phantom didnt even defend me.. No one here mattered..

The outrage turned on yet another Pokemon. "And YOU. You knew all about it! You KNEW that they were coming, but what did you say? NOTHING! FUCK ALL! Well nice work, Mr Big Hero! I'D HAVE HAD BETTER LUCK COMING FROM A FUCKING MAGIKARP!" Phantoms teeth grind against one another. This was completely uncalled for. "You leave them alone!" He barks, referring to both the Vaporeon and Arcanine, but again he is drowned out. "And-- I want to help'? HAH! Yeah, just launch a FUCKING TORNADO at the guy in charge! NICE FUCKING WORK! I SAID to stop and what did you do?! THAT! I-- I-I can't..." Then.. it stops. The fire dies from Rockets eyes and he goes quiet in a slouch. Phantom keeps a firm stare stare on him and whispers mostly to himself, "So thats how you really feel, huh. That we failed on purpose." The wound down his side throbbed again, reminding him that he had tried even if it wasnt much. "That we didnt even try?" A sighs escapes his throat. "You have it completely wrong."

"E-Excuse me, sir," A tiny voice surprises the hound, sending his eyes flying toward the smaller source, "But, um, did you fight that-that beast by yourself? Phantom took a double take of the Arcanines wounds. He already knew him to be in bad shape but he looked a hell of a lot worse then remembered. You were the last to get here.. Had he held it off while they escaped? "Yeah man, you look.. ragged." Legends he looked as bad as Rocket did. You also helped Artemis when she needed it.. Suddenly he is torn. While he hadnt cast judgement at first it seemed it was now time. Rocket was the 'lead' but it seemed that all signs pointed to the Arcanine being the bigger person here. "You helped Artemis and the Eevee.." His gaze shifts back to the Garchomp, "And really got beat for trying to help some strangers." "Could'a ran but didn't." The Vaporeon finishes for him much more bluntly.
    Abysswalker
    Abysswalker
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Abysswalker Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:11 pm

(7) (1)

Connor had hoped the Garchomp wouldn't be angry, but his furious outburst made such hopes pointless. He screamed and insulted the other Pokemon, yet all Connor did was duck his head. His ears flattened against his head in an attempt to block out the shouting, but the dragon was so loud, so mad.
    Was it his fault? Was it because Connor had stood by and done nothing, nothing except almost being killed?
    Connor screwed his eyes shut, trying not to sob. Yelling, raised voices, they weren't good for him. He could feel his body starting to tremble. Phee would be so disappointed. I can't cry. The Vaporeon, Artemis, the her Growlithe friend-Phantom?-were saying something back, but Connor couldn't focus on the words.
    They don't want me anymore...I'm weak. I should leave.

An eternity seemed to drag by before the Garchomp was finally done raging. Connor couldn't bring himself to look up at anyone, terrified of meeting their eyes. Phantom had mentioned him, not by name, but even that couldn't coax Connor to lift his head. "I'm sorry. I-I'm sorry I d-didn't do anything..."

He strides from house to house, not stopping to look inside any of them. Already the Growlithe had searched, and besides that, he has no desire to get caught by the gang that lives here. Not after watching part of the fight from earlier.
    Sounds like it's over now, though. Michael heard no sounds of battle, no shouts nor the breaking of buildings. The Growlithe has a faint hope that the ones that intruded had not been murdered-unlikely, but anything can happen. He was following hopeless goals from years past, which made this simple hope much more viable.

Michael finds himself on the street where the fight had mainly taken place, noting the ruined Poffin House and scorched areas where burning water had touched. What a shame, such a pretty building it had been. Michael knew it had probably been much more beautiful before-He had stopped watching the brutal fight after the Eevee had been saved, but now that he was here once more, Michael notices the lack of corpses. So the intruders had lived...where were they now?

Michael does not have to look long; he catches sight of the oddly-colored Dragonite entering a building not too far away. The Growlithe stops, and thinks to himself: Is following after a defeated, ragtag group really a good idea? He knows they might not even accept him in the first place. They might not want to help him search for the long-lost Mincchino. Yet Michael cannot help but feel sympathy for the Pokemon, run out by a gang they probably hadn't even known about. The Growlithe wants to help them out, and admittedly, he knew that having companions would help him too. He did not want to end up like before.

Michael trots up to the building, behind the Dragonite. There's yelling, lots of it, and suddenly he's not so sure about this anymore. Mother had yelled just like that, and damned you were if you dared to speak up.
    The shouting dies down eventually, and Michael gathers his fleeting courage. Just say something, anything. The Growlithe is frozen. What to say? Anything, anything-

"Hi," he manages, getting past the Dragonite so everyone can see him. The greeting is lame, pathetic. Maybe it'll work. "Um, I saw that battle out there. Is there, um, any way I can help?"
    He smiled awkwardly. Why has he said that? Pathetic, pathetic. There goes any chance of the group not immediately throwing him out. You idiot. What the hell? That's how you greet them? "Oh, stood by and did nothing while you were being beat up and almost killed! Lets be friends?" Pathetic. You're a complete fuckup, Mike.

"Oh, I'm sorry, forget to mention my name," Michael says, so obviously nervous and embarrassed. "It's-It's Michael."
    There is a pause. A pause that, to him, seems to be a lifetime of utter humiliation.
    "Or just Mike...if you want to say that."

Jonah / Nocturne
    i open the door
    Drago
    Drago
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Drago Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:57 pm

(46)

Drago shifted his feet as the Dragon began to rip into to group. He flinched at each curse the guy spat out, knowing full well that it was going to be bad when it got to be Drago's turn. Tensing slightly, he hoped that the guy wouldn't be mad enough for it to come to blows. That would not end well for anyone.

"'I want to help'? HAH! Yeah, just launch a FUCKING TORNADO at the guy in charge! NICE FUCKING WORK! I SAID to stop and what did you do?! THAT!

The words stung harshly at Drago's pride. The fact that it was all true made it hurt even more. They had had a shot at winning, and he blew it. He was prepared for the Dragon to scold him more, even to jump at him.

He wasn't expecting him to stop.

As quickly as his rage had appeared, it was gone. The fire disappeared from his golden eyes, and he slumped to the ground. Drago couldn't imagine the hell this group had already been through before that fight. Drago had a good understanding of pride, and seeing someone so proud and strong break down like this was harsh. Averting his eyes, he tried to give him some privacy.

The others had shifted their attention as well. The large orange dog-pokemon that had tried to solo the Swampert. A question flashed through his mind.

Was it bravery or stupidity?

He shook his head softly. Bravery. If it was stupidity, the dog in question wouldn't be alive.

Turning to the rest of the group, he proposed his own question.

"I... assume that everyone from this group made it out of that?" He had not been around before, and could not tell one corpse from another. Those that had made it out obviously had not done so unscathed, but if they had managed to get everyone away... Even that was a victory, no matter how small.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:32 pm