Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+6
Weavile
Drago
renegade
Negative10
Snitch
Silverishness
10 posters

(ACE) The LOSTLORN Team

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

(ACE) The LOSTLORN Team  - Page 6 Empty Re: (ACE) The LOSTLORN Team

Post by Silverishness Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:18 pm

Post 29

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Lostlorn Forest| Dusk

Cassius seemed oddly attentive as they marched -or rather, as Sil marched and they followed- and quickly came up to her side after talking with the small bird that had joined their ranks. "Your ranch? Is that what's up there? I thought...we don't have to go babe. We can find another way."

Babe? It wasn't the express concern in his voice, nor the willingness to take a different route, but the fact that he used to pet name. Sil flicked an ear to him, then regarded him with an odd look as she remembered that his statement needed a response. "...It's... just quicker this way and... we need shelter. Not a lot of time for lollygagging," she grumbled, keeping her pace.

All too soon, she found another set of footfalls beside her, betraying Hannibal's presence. “You know, you can’t run from the past forever,” he purred, earning an irritated eye twitch from the sawsbuck. “Surely, it would be better to face your demons in the company of friends.”

Sil's temper nearly boiled over, and the very appealing thought of running the stupid dog through with her antlers went through her mind several times. He had to just be trying to get a rise out of her, HAD to. Though, even if he reasons were just assholery, she couldn't deny that he was succeeding. Her heart pounded in her chest, pulse beat violently against her skin. Her attitude and posture didn't reflect it, but her scent and small tendencies betrayed her utter fear. She was leading them straight to the place she had vowed to never return mere months ago...

The thought made her stumble a little, but the act of catching herself brought her abruptly back to reality. Again, she remembered that the conversation was left to her, the reply on her shoulders. She cleared her throat and glared down at Hannibal. "Lucky me. I've gotten some experience with dealing with demons already." She turned back to the North, the woods beginning to thin as they trod. They were almost there.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:43 pm

Lostlorn Forest|Dusk
    C(29)/K(53)

"...It's... just quicker this way and... we need shelter. Not a lot of time for lollygagging." Cassius just nodded as he continued to trot beside Sil. He could tell she still wasn't very happy about the situation, and it was all that Kinah's fault. She showed up and suddenly everything went to hell, and now had no idea how to fix it. He turned and glared at the Mienshao once more, and he was rewarded with her sticking her tongue out at him. Huffing, he shook his mane and swished his tail, trying to be careful of the feathered ones on his back.

And then Hannibal had to open his damn mouth again. “Surely, it would be better to face your demons in the company of friends.” Sil's retort was quite funny, and Cash couldn't help but laugh a little, but he was still pissed. He paused for a second and turned to Hannibal, leaning down to glare at the hound. "The day you are anyone's friend is the day I shave my coat and call myself a Ponyta. So do us all a favor and just shut the fuck up." He snorted at Hannibal before rearing back to return to Sil's side.

Kinah barked out a laugh at the display before her. Hannibal and Cassius were at it again, and Sil was pissed off at the hound too. Seemed this canine was as intent on getting a rise out of that pair as she was. Granted, he seemed like a manipulative asshole, but who was she to judge? She was one too. She slowed her pace to walk beside the hound and gave him a knowing smirk. Anyone who got under anyone's skin like he did knew something good. She wanted it.

"So..." she drawled out languidly. "Got something good to share or do I have to beat it out of you?" Her smirk widened into a wicked grin as she waited for his reply. It wasn't everyday she met a kindred spirit in the art of being manipulative. While her sense of duty and honor wouldn't allow her to make personal gain or cause others harm from her little games, it still didn't hurt to have a little fun now and then. Though, if it came down to a fight, she knew she would protect everyone she could rather than just going for herself. That was probably the biggest difference between herself and Hannibal.
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:24 am

Lostlorn Forest || Dusk [23]

"Lucky me. I've gotten some experience with dealing with demons already."

Hannibal’s grin widened at Sil’s retort, his joy heightened at the doe’s determination to stand strong when the fear was practically oozing off her. Its presence was undeniable in her scent, and from his years of battling, the houndoom was utterly familiarized with the enticing aroma. It would regularly flood his nostrils as he stared down into his opponent’s pleading eyes and now, Sil was evoking memories of that same, sinister world. Whilst he had completely come to terms with his imprisonment in the organization, Hannibal’s only fear was the memory that would usually accompany his reminiscing – Mischa. Silencing his thoughts, he was relieved when Cassisus offered his own snide remark, providing a suitable distraction for the canine. At least the Zebstrika wasn’t completely useless.

“The day you are anyone's friend is the day I shave my coat and call myself a Ponyta. So do us all a favor and just shut the fuck up."

“Ooh,” Hannibal feigned offense, exaggerating a sorrowful expression as he momentarily turned his head away from the zebra. “You’re going to make me cry,” He followed his acting with a dark chuckle, leaving the duo a scheming, crimson glare before falling back to stalk behind them. Satisfied that for now, he had effectively toyed with the doe’s emotions, Hannibal let his mind wander to more trivial things – namely a mental list he’d formed concerning what he wanted to do when the muzzle was removed. Of course, eating was right at the top. It didn’t matter what or who, but by god he couldn’t wait to sink his teeth into something – a mareep would be a pleasant treat, though in this sort of world, he would be happy to take whatever he could get. His musings were interrupted at the appearance of the fighting- type, the female grinning wickedly at him.

"So... Got something good to share or do I have to beat it out of you?"

Hannibal was slightly taken back at first, surprised at the devilish streak this creature had chosen to reveal – but what had he expected, she had already proven herself an expert in riling up ol’ Romeo. Regarding her for a moment, he mimicked her grin, turning his head back to the direction ahead as he strolled on.
    “That’s fighting talk,” The hound commented, amused. He admired his surroundings, for a moment, deciding how much he wanted to share. His crimson eyes soon returned to the female, a grin playing on his lips as he gestured lightly with his head to the Sawsbuck up ahead. “I was just curious to our good friend, Sil’s fear of this ranch,” The houndoom admitted honestly, speaking just loud enough for the hoofed pair to hear. “It’s a reasonable query, don’t you think? A little background check wouldn’t go unwelcomed for anyone here,”
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:29 pm

Post 30

Lostlorn Forest| Dusk

Sil put the voices beside and behind her out of her mind. She needed to brace herself for the re-visitation to the carnage she'd left so long ago... At least, it felt like a lifetime ago. She knew it'd been only a short month, but that month had been filled with so much... She could hardly believe she only knew her compatriots for the better part of 24 hours; it seemed she'd had to deal with their shit for... at least a week.

Still, as she mused over her new companions, they couldn't even distract her mind from the looming danger, the threat beyond the increasingly thinning trees. That these pokemon, most of whom she didn't know or didn't WANT to know, would see her at her weakest, her most vulnerable... They'd get the advantage of peering into her mind, something she'd worked so hard at fortifying, and she wouldn't get the same sort of weapons over them. That they would be able to manipulate her with the horrors that were here...

...and that terrified her.

She glanced back at Hannibal and the new mienshao, who were conversing very chummily. Her gaze became a glare before returning her attention back to the looming silhouette of the farmhouse. Well, if that bitch wanted to throw in her lot with Hannibal, then Sil wouldn't object. She'd go down with him.

Her anger helped fuel her legs, which began to tremble as she got nearer to the line of vegetation the ranch created. Where the wild forest met the previously manicured lawn, an old, decrepit fence still stood, marking the edge of the territory. She paused at the fence, then looked around, listening, sniffing, making sure they were safe to move across the open field of dead crops. When it was still, she took in a deep breath and stepped into the field, her ears and eyes constantly moving and searching for enemies.

As she got closer, she could see that the ranch house had been relatively undisturbed since she left. She had two choices before her; either the barn, where there were untold horrors within, or the familiar nightmarish scenes that defined the farmhouse. She couldn't imagine anyone cleaning it up, so the corpses of her parents would still be... She stumbled a little at the thought, her beloved parents reduced to gaunt, decaying corpses, eyes sunken in, faces wide with horror, their death masks still intact even after a month. Horrifying.

She lifted her head, taking in another steadying breath. She knew she had to be reeking of fear, but she had to try and keep a facade. If not for herself, then for the two little birds. It was a quick walk to the farmhouse, and within a couple of minutes, they were at the bloodied door left ajar. Sil attempted to say something, but her mouth floundered, and she quickly closed it, just deciding to go in and get it over with.

The house was, of course, dark and ripe with the stench of old death and decay. She swallowed and continued in, her dainy hooves careful of where they trod. There were two figures in the living room, blackened and dried blood everywhere surrounding them, in a position where they tried to get to the door. Her owners. She made no comment, and continued in, turning to a hallway that led to bedrooms.

She paused as she turned the corner, as her antlers hit a picture that managed to stay on the wall. She immediately flinched back, seeing am image of her happy owners and parents. Again, she kept quiet, her tongue feeling numb and throat clogged with some unidentifiable lump. However, her eye caught the kitchen, which was connected to the main den they were currently in, and she froze. There... she could see the broken pantry doors she'd destroyed in her efforts to escape... There... her father's slim, gaunt frame... the blood that had surrounded him... her... moth...

Her...

She gave a visible shudder, no longer thinking of the many pairs of eyes that surely had to be on her. She turned quickly away, eyes threatening to brim with moisture, her antlers catching again on the picture, cracking it. She couldn't look at it. No matter how strong she pretended to be, she couldn't... Just... couldn't.

She continued down the hall to the last room, the master bedroom, barging through the door and going to the furthest corner, putting her face into the false darkness the corner created. After a moment of shuddering, her eyes squeezed shut, she allowed herself to slide down the wall, flopping into a heap of her own body. She took another few steadying breaths as she shoved the images out of her mind, forcing herself to look up and at the others. "...We should..." Her voice cracked, and she had to clear her throat. "We should... make sleeping schedules.... I'll... I'll take the first one... I'm not going to be sleeping any time soon."

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:29 pm

Lostlorn Forest|Dusk
    C(30)/K(54)

Cassius turned to glare at the chattering pair behind him when he caught the smell wafting through the air. It was coming from Sil, so rather than starting yet another argument with the arrogant duo behind him he stayed by her side. Cash tried to offer her a reassuring smile, but he didn't seem to catch her attention. Because there before them stood a small ranch, and it had all of the lovely creature's attention.

She took them to a small house, decrepit and stained with old death. As they wandered through the old rooms, Cash couldn't help but flinch at the dead bodies in the first room. The smell was horrible, and he knew it would stick to his coat, but if he actually touched them...oh Legends that would be awful. That would never come out. As they traveled further in, he started having to side step to make it through the doorways. Why did humans make everything so small? Of course, most humans didn't plan for large equine creatures to go tromping through their homes.

When Sil started to freak out, he wasn't able to get to her in time. He rushed off after her but that stupid Mienshao got in his way. She went off to comfort the Sawsbuck, which made him flare with jealousy. That was his job, not hers! He was the one who should be at her side, offering her warmth and comfort, not that snide sarcastic bitch! All he could do was huff in anger and glare at the fighting type, because thanks to her he could barely get into the room much less get to Sil.

“That’s fighting talk.” Kinah barked out a laugh at the amusement in the hound's voice. “I was just curious to our good friend, Sil’s fear of this ranch,” The light finally clicked in Kinah's mind, realizing that she hadn't really thought of what had the doe so fiercely upset about having to go that way. She knew the other female was irked about some 'ranch' and that's where she was taking them...but Kinah had never meant for them to go there. “It’s a reasonable query, don’t you think? A little background check wouldn’t go unwelcomed for anyone here." Suddenly she wasn't so sure she wanted to know.

She was saved from having to answer by their arrival. Dense woods had thinned out into level fields. Unfortunately the crops, which looked like they had once flourished, now were wilting and brown. Many seemed trampled on and bloody, and the Mienshao didn't want to know why. The Sawsbuck led them to a small house nearby, which looked like it had been ravaged in the raids by the undead. Like so many other places, it reeked of death and despair. Cassius had tried to stay by Sil's side, but she had freaked and taken off into another room. Seeing her like that, seeing the visable signs of pain and panic, Kinah couldn't help but feel for her.

She followed Sil into the other room, finding the deer with her head in the corner. She tried to approach, but Sil had already turned back to them, tears still shimmering in her eyes. "...We should...We should... make sleeping schedules.... I'll... I'll take the first one... I'm not going to be sleeping any time soon." Kinah shook her head and braved the first few steps towards the distraught female. She reached out and placed a paw on the doe's shoulder, smirk vanished and nothing but concern and understanding in her eyes. "I'll take first watch. You just...try to relax, okay? Sleep will come, I promise."
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:50 am

((Please skip, I have been lost on whats happenin ono Cloud is just being silent on Cass' back anyway.))
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:52 am

Lostlorn Forest || Dusk [24]

Hannibal simply chose to ignore the mienshao’s silence, his attention suddenly grasped by the change of scenery. As the forest died away into a flat, barren land that may once have been fields, his crimson gaze soon fell onto the highlight of the area, a decrepit farm building that brought a sick grin to the canine’s bloodstained face.

Following the trio leading the small group, a twisted glee in his demeanour as he trotted along, Hannibal found himself alike to a kid in a candy shop. His attention excitedly volleyed about each new, gory sight, the hound’s muzzle hiding a broad, unpleasant smile as he mentally pieced together the doe’s history. Overwhelmed by the macabre ranch, the pungent smell of death hanging in the air, Hannibal was considerate enough to dedicate some observation to Sil – judging her reactions, inhaling the ever-strengthening fear entwining with her natural scent. His scheming eyes spared no detail; the pictures on the walls boasting a happier time, the thick coating of dried blood decorating the dishevelled floors, the distorted faces of those who had perished in… well, he presumed it had been an infected attack. How curious.

Occasionally stopping to peer down the corridors, scanning every nook and cranny of the ranch, Hannibal’s gaze returned to Sil at her most vulnerable. The shudder that swept over her form was unmistakable and the houndoom found himself stalking forward, eager to catch sight of the source. He saw the leafeon first, seeking out the sawsbuck only a few seconds later. He stared at the duo hard, absorbing every minute detail of their dying stances before the sound of a struggle snatched his attention away. Sil had spooked, hurriedly escaping to the safety of a room down the corridor as her concerned partners trotted along after her – well, Cassius only got so far. Hannibal’s grin was unwavering as he moved closer to the deceased grass-types. There was no doubt in his mind that these were her parents; if not parents, perhaps siblings or close relations.
    “What a shame,” The canine muttered to himself, oblivious to the extent of Sil’s emotional state in the master bedroom. He was far too engrossed with learning of her parents’ demise. Moving closer to the dead sawsbuck, the hound gently moved a paw out to nudge the female’s gaunt face, watching callously as it flopped over, lifeless.

A wicked chuckle escaped the hound, a sudden urge to present Sil with the female’s head threatening to overwhelm him – but he restrained himself, it could be viewed as insensitive. Turning away, he regarded the leafeon, masking his almost jovial composure with his natural, hard-hearted glare.
    “Home sweet home, Sil,” Hannibal called darkly down the corridor, emerging from the kitchen to stalk mischievously after the group, head held high. “Were you the only survivor, my dear?” His voice echoed about the macabre building, the mainly blunt tone bestowed with a flicker of amusement. He couldn’t deny the fact he was enjoying this; the sick thrill that came out of reducing someone to tears acted as morphine to the canine. He had suffered a most horrendous life – it was only fair that everyone else was gifted with a snippet of his constant, internal agony. Today, it was Sil’s turn.

(( I give anyone permission to kick the crap outta Hannibal for being such a git. xD ))
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:32 pm

Lostlorn Forest | Dusk (1)/(11)

Soft footfalls sounded through the dark forest as the quiet canine shifted her weight from paw to paw. She had been walking since morning and still she had seen no sign of another living Pokemon. Almost to the point of giving up, Aislin caught a glimps of greenish fur in front of her and began to run towards the creature. Laying in a pile of leaves, was a Leafeon that seemed to be unconscious. With wide eyes, Aislin began to nudge the Leafeon and soon it opened its eyes. "W-what happened? Hannibal? Sil? Who are you?" Her eyes narrowed as she seemed to suspect Aislin of foul play and the female Houndoom backed up instinctively. "Look, I don't know who you are talking about but maybe I could help you find them. My name is Aislin." Etai's eyes shifted from suspicious to concerned and she nodded to the Houndoom before getting up on shaky legs. "I was in a battle with five other Pokemon when Earthquake was used and I passed out. If you could help me find them, that would be great. I'm Etai." Aislin smiled to the other female and bowed her head to her before they began their search for the others.

Sounds echoed through the forest as Aislin and Etai chatted among themselves. It had been so long since Aislin had made a friend that she didn't really know what to do but she listened closely and added in when she felt she should. "You'll love the others. Sil is beautiful and a bit wary of strangers but she is a great friend to have just like Cassius who, by the way is completely in love with Sil." Etai chuckled a bit as Aislin's eyes grew wide. "I wish I knew what love was like." Aislin's muzzle dropped to the ground at this comment and Etai soothed her softly with her tail. "Well there is another Houndoom in the group. He acts like a killer, like he doesn't care, and sometimes like he just wants to eat us all for dinner but under that tough and brutal skin, I know there lies a caring and kind Pokemon. Maybe you'll like him." Etai's voice grew soft as she though of Hannibal and her ears drooped a bit when she suggested Aislin and Hannibal get together. At this, Aislin's ears perked and she nudged Etai softly. "I think that you may also be in love as well. Before Etai could protest, they came upon an abandoned ranch and immediately Etai knew where they were. She recognized the ranch as where Sil had refused to go and quickly decided that they might as well check it out. Padding closer, Etai's sensitive hearing along with Aislin's hearing picked up the faint sounds of voices in the distance.

"...the only survivor, my dear?”

Dashing forward, Etai jumped through the open window in the room Hannibal was in and, not meaning to, pinned him to the ground under her. Cursing herself for what she did, she quickly regained her wits and played it off like it was nothing. "So, did you miss me?" Etai jumped off of him and stood by Aislin who had joined her in the room. Warily, Aislin stood beside her and offered a smile to the other Houndoom. "Aislin, this is Hannibal. Hannibal, meet Aislin." Aislin blinked to the other Houndoom and bowed her head to him, wondering slightly about the muzzle on his face. "It's a pleasure." Etai smiled to Aislin and she offered her a soft nudge in response. Etai was so extremely happy to join the others once again. She was scared they would never find them.
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:13 pm

Post 31

Sil's Farm House| Evening

The comforting paw on her surprised her more than anything, especially to whom it belonged. Kinah's eyes held no bitterness or malice; nothing but pure concern. Having written off the meinshao for one to be with Hannibal, to keep his nasty ways and words, she couldn't fathom what caused this shift. Surely not pity. "I'll take first watch. You just...try to relax, okay? Sleep will come, I promise."

Sil's emerald eyes searched Kinah's, looking for some catch to be betrayed in the other's face. She found none, and confusion momentarily replaced the fear and horror. Her ears flicked about, and she was about to acquiesce, when Hannibal's too-cheery voice echoed throughout the macabre abode. "Home, sweet home, Sil," he nearly laughed. "Were you the only survivor, my dear?"

Her head snapped up, ears forward, eyes wide with fear and anger, each combating for dominance. His words echoed over and over in her mind, a slimy, mocking record stabbing at her again and again and again... No... She wasn't going to let that slide. Not when her parents lay unburied, not when she wallowed in the horrible memories of only a few weeks ago. Not when she was mourning...

This asshole... wasn't going to get away with that.

Her lip curling in an oddly canid fashion, her frame slowly rose from its position, legs trembling not with fear, but with hate. She slowly made her way out of the room, back down the hallway to where Hannibal stood triumphant. There, like a victor in a fight, a proud winner of some feat known only to him. She didn't notice the other canine, nor the fact that Etai had returned. Or even that the leafeon had begun to introduce the new canine to the others. No... all she saw was Hannibal.

Her ears went back as her hatred for the canine rose to previously unfathomable depths, and in an instant, she charged, ramming her antlers at him. They did not break the skin, but knowing just how frail he was, they didn't have to in order to cause pain. She pinned him to the floor like this, the sharp edges making sure he couldn't rise.

"You... will not utter another word, cur," she growled, her voice dripping with venom, eyes glowering down at him from behind her antlers. "...or I will gut you here and now, just like they were." She then used her antlers, which his body was tangled in, to fling him across the room in one fluid movement of her head, casting him to the bloodied couch.

When he hit the couch, her mood suddenly sobered slightly, and she remembered who else she was with, and that there were two more members in the group. "...Etai?" she asked, confused. Most of the anger seemed gone from her expression, but her body was still tense from the past few moments.

((If you want me to edit, Snitch, I can |D))

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:46 am

Lostlorn Forest|Dusk
    C(31)/K(55)

“Were you the only survivor, my dear?” Those simple words set off something in Sil Cassius hadn't seen since first meeting the doe. Only this time it was much, much worse. Her anger exploded into firey rage as she went after the hound and Cash was frozen in terror. He didn't even see the others enter the house, all he saw was Sil as she tossed the dog like a rag doll and pinned him to the ground. "You... will not utter another word, cur...or I will gut you here and now, just like they were." The venom dripping from her voice sent chills down his spine, and he suddenly began to question his feelings for this chick.

"...Etai?" Cash turned to follow the Sawsbuck's line of sight and nearly dropped to the floor when he saw the small Leafeon. It was her! "Etai! You fantastic little thing, you're okay!" Happy that Sil seemed to have stopped trying to rampage through the house he happily trotted over to the leafy female and gave her a broad smile. "We had some people to try and help you but you vanished, we were worried something got you..." it was then that he noticed the new Houndoom. "Uh, sorry miss. Didn't see you there. Did you help little Etai?"

Kinah was happy that she seemed to be getting through to the other female, but then Hannibal said something that sent her into a fury that Kinah could only be proud of. That level of controlled violence and skill had the Mienshao cheering for Sil as she went after the hound, leaving Cassius to just stare in shock and horror. Which was also pretty amusing.

But when the other pair showed up, who knows when they did that, everything seemed to come to a screeching halt. The leaf dog was back and she brought a friend. Bet she didn't care that she left half her team wondering where the hell she went, they all thought she got freaking eaten. Dragged off by some creepy. But, of course, knight in monochromatic fur had to go rushing up and began running his mouth to see if she was okay. Kinah just sighed and help up one paw just to kind of say 'hey'.

"So, does that mean we are all done fighting now?"
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:41 pm

Lostlorn Forest//Dusk
    [14]

Cloud had fallen asleep on Cash's back, his head buried in his feathers as he drifted into sleep. Unknown to the turmoil that was happening along the others. The Rufflet hadn't slept in so long, that he just passed out on the Zebstika's back.

His dreams took him back to before the epidemic, when he was still with his mother and sister. Her and him where out on there own again, taunting trainers into chasing them, and when Cloud wasn't so scared. Guess the epidemic changed him a lot.

Cloud wished he could stay in his dream forever, though, things started to go from a dream, to a nightmare. Flashes of blood started to portray his mind, and images of his father ripping apart his sister, and his mother telling him to fly away. He started to shiver, and his eyes began to water once again.

((Randomly put Cloud to sleep cause I don't know what happening ono ))
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:28 am

Sil's Farm House || Dusk [25]

Hannibal had been too wrapped up in his twisted glee to comprehend why or how he suddenly found himself pinned to the ground. His slim body tensed as he hit the floor, the perpetrator a flash of green. A flamethrower had instinctively built in the back of the hound’s throat, the warm glow of fire reflecting off the bars of the muzzle. However, there was no violence, no struggle. The fire was quenched as Hannibal’s dark eyes trailed to the olive green paws placed lightly on his chest, gradually following along the slender arms before recognition kicked in. He was unable to disguise the shock overwhelming his usually wicked expression.

“So, did you miss me?”

“Etai?” The dark-type repeated quietly, red eyes following the peppy leafeon as she allowed him movement, trotting over to excitedly introduce her new companion. For once in his life, Hannibal was quite speechless. She had vanished into thin air, presumably tempting death and now, stood right-as-rain, cheery before his very eyes – and it was partially his doing. Something in the depths of the hound’s mind had spurred him on to carrying the canine out of harm’s way in that battle, effectively saving her life whilst the others could only bombard him with further accusation. In all his years of hardships, Etai was the second pokémon he’d chosen to save. Moving to stand firmly on all fours, a lazy grin hit the battler’s face as he regarded the canine, Aislin, who had joined the grass-type.
    “Charmed,” Hannibal lowered his head in a slight bow, the malice extinguished from his tone as the more gentlemanly side flourished. However, it was incredibly short-lived. The sight of the stampeding sawsbuck had the canine’s heart racing, a rare flicker of fear crossing his features as he realized the extent of the damage he had caused. Hurriedly, although somewhat roughly nudging Etai away from his position as Sil’s inevitable target, Hannibal made no effort to dodge the attack.

Forcefully hitting the ground, his body contorted uncomfortably to avoid the sharp ends of the deer’s antlers, Hannibal closed his eyes – his cruel orbs hidden from the world. Shifting slightly, knowing that escape was impossible, the canine was suddenly reminded of how it felt to be helpless. He was at the female’s mercy – mentally thrown back into the battle ring, images of those close calls flashing vividly behind his eyelids. The sight of Mischa’s screaming form, struggling within the jaws of that foul arcanine was enough to bring Hannibal back to cold reality. The crimson met the incredible anger reflecting in Sil’s.

"You... will not utter another word, cur. Or I will gut you here and now, just like they were.”

The slick grin returned; the hound’s gaze unflinching as the sawsbuck spoke words of venom. Obviously, he’d hit a raw nerve. The calm, almost nonchalant demeanour was a façade, the mask in which Hannibal suited best. The fearful anticipation of the pain that was going to follow was bubbling just beneath the surface. The minute shifts of the doe’s antlers never went unnoticed, the canine fully aware that he wasn’t going to escape his jibes unscathed. He’d definitely hit a nerve.

Before he could prepare himself, Hannibal found himself airborne, slung across the room as if he were some kind of ragdoll. His bony frame hit the couch with an audible crack, a pained cry escaping the canine despite himself. The sheer force had been enough to upturn the furniture, the victim hitting the headpiece to tumble, couch and all, to the bloodstained floor below. The moment of silence that followed, was only interrupted by a quieted hissing sound.

The pain that was coursing through Hannibal’s form could rival any of those opponents he’d met in the battle ring. The constant burning in his ribs trailed to both his neck and legs, a ferocious aching that had momentarily rendered the hound immobile. He hadn’t the energy to move – surprised if the doe hadn’t gone and broken something. Lying motionless, hidden from the group’s view by the couch, Hannibal finally spoke in a strained voice betraying the agony.
    “Okay,” It was more of a defeated hiss. “Maybe I deserve that,” Rolling onto his stomach with far more effort than he would’ve desired, Hannibal’s attention was quickly averted to a tingling feeling in his left shoulder. As he turned to observe the source, a groan escaped him at the ungainly angle that the bone had taken.

He could hear the others innocently conversing in the background, seemingly agreed in the fact he was unwelcome in their company and Sil had done something quite noble. They had moved on, oblivious to the canine’s agony as they rejoiced in their reunion with Etai. Well, they’d be damned if they were shaking him that easily. Hannibal was here for a reason. As soon as the muzzle was gone, he would leave them – albeit, peacefully was a long shot; Sil’s actions had given him further reason to eat her. Maybe he’d keep the antlers as a memento.

"So, does that mean we are all done fighting now?"

Reluctant to reveal himself in such a vulnerable state, Hannibal remained behind the couch, a haven and means of avoiding those judgemental eyes. It was bad enough that he was practically a walking skeleton, now with his leg hanging misplaced it only heightened the true weakness that he’d been force to embody.
    “For now,” He murmured quietly in response, the malice apparent in his voice as memories of the past crept into his fragile mind. No, he didn’t have time for that. Licking his lips nervously, he eyed his injury. He’d dislocated bones before and was more than aware of the pain that accompanied popping it back in place. Brilliant.

“May I request an audience with Kinah?” Hannibal called, the usual aristocratic tone returning, calm restored. “It seems Sil has dislocated my shoulder,” The fighting-type seemed to have had some experience as a healer, plus the advantage of having hands led him to believe she would be capable of sorting the injury before it could worsen. He could only hope she would be willing to assist. That wicked flicker he’d caught in her eye earlier led him to believe that she would, if only for the cry of pain that he would be unable to silence. Effectively humiliated, Hannibal pushed himself into a sitting position, leaning his weight against the couch as he held his leg limp in front of him, awaiting a medic.

Last edited by Snitch on Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:27 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:44 pm

Sil's Farm House | Evening (2/12)

Etai's eyes widened in shock as her reunion with Hannibal was half lived. She felt Hannibal roughly push her out of the way and the next moment she watched as Sil's anger was tangible in the air. Aislin immediately dropped herself into a defensive and protective position in front of Etai and used Protect to defend her new friend. She had no idea what was going on but this Sawsbuck made the fur on the back of her neck stand up and her muscles tense throughout her entire length. Etai shook herself and stood to stand beside her dark friend, her eyes glinting in anger herself.

Calmly Etai smiled to Cash when he came over to her happily and she rubbed her muzzle against his side before sighing softly. Saying nothing, she padded to stand in front of Hannibal and look down into his dark eyes. Something stirred inside of her but she swallowed it down and let the full force of her anger show in her eyes. "No more fighting." Her voice was soft but the anger laced in the quiet words should have been enough to silence a loud room. Turning, her tail whipped and she looked to the others with a calm but strong gaze. "This world is slowly dying. I can feel it in my very bones and in the leaves on my body." Etai flicked her tail forward to show it to the others. The tip was beginning to wilt to a strange brownish yellow color. "Each of you needs to stop fighting for yourselves and start fighting for each other despite the anger, distrust, or horror you feel towards others in this group. None of us will survive if we don't start working together and yes, even you Hannibal wouldn't last on your own. Look at you. You act so tough and angry but what are you really? You are a broken Pokemon that I bet wants to be accepted and loved. Well I accept you and maybe Aislin you are right. Maybe I love you as well but what good will that do when the rest of the group pretty much wants you dead. Of course I am only talking to those that I have come to love here. I'm sure I will grow to love you that I haven't met yet but that is beside the point. The point I am trying to make is that it's time for us to set aside our differences and take care of each other because right now? Each other is all we've got." Etai sighed heavily once she had finished and padded out of the room with one last look to those around her, her eyes finally falling on Hannibal with a sadness she couldn't place. Aislin watched her go and then looked to Cash who had asked her a question. Nodding to him in a soft way, she stayed silent because she felt she shouldn't speak. When she felt it was right, she would give them all her name but right now she believed Etai's words should sink in.

Last edited by Blitzstrike on Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:03 pm

Post 32

Sil's Farm House| Night

Sil couldn't help but snort in anger as Hannibal emerged from the other side of the overturned couch, calmly asking for assistance. The yelp he'd given her had in turn allowed her some satisfaction that he'd hurt like she had, felt some pain in that little scrawny form of his. He always had an air of superiority around him, well... it just felt good to put him back in his place.

It startled her when the zoroark from earlier had made such a sudden appearance, not only in the house, but in front of her, protecting her from Hannibal. "If you would ever like assistance dealing with that unkind hound again, Miss Sil, do not hesitate to let me know." He winked once at her, still smiling, earning a small blush from the very confused sawsbuck. "I am at your service, m'lady."

"O-oh!" Sil gawked, taking a small step back, her anger almost completely nullified. She was definitely not used to such compliments... "Uh... Th-Thank you, Zoroark." She offered him a kind smile when Etai decided to take the situation in her own paws.

The speech she gave made Sil slightly more irritated. True, Zo had almost completely neutralized her fury from earlier, but the reiteration for Hannibal to not be a complete dick and for them to all get along felt like preaching to the choir. Her brow quirked at the somewhat abuse of 'love' in her dialogue, but the lingering look she gave the emaciated dog made Sil wonder. Really, they'd only been together the better part of the day. Could someone really fall in love that quickly? She could only allow it to roll off her back. To each their own. If she wanted to be in love with a sadistic hound that was more likely to eat her than love her, then that was her choice.

Still, as Etai left, Sil frowned. Where was she leaving to dramatically when she barely knew the house they were in? It felt odd, but Sil really had no other choice but to let her roam. After all, she'd let Hannibal, of all pokemon. "...I guess let's try... again... to settle down for the night..." She looked to Kinah, not sure whether to take the fighter up on the offer from earlier. "...I can take watch." Her voice was much more even, her stature more confident. She was ready to face the night.

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:20 pm

Lostlorn Forest|Night
    C(31)/K(56)((skipping Cash because buh, lol. He was ignored.))

Kinah just shrugged as Hannibal confirmed the end of the fight, but then little miss 'I disappeared and don't care that I scared the hell out of my friends' starting ranting. A lot. Honestly she was wondering if the smaller female even took a breath during all of that. And the constant references to love made the Mienshao sick. She shot a sideways glance to Sil, who appeared to be feeling much the same way as her. When Etai finally appeared to be done, she heard Hannibal asking for her. “May I request an audience with Kinah?” Hannibal called, the usual aristocratic tone returning, calm restored. “It seems Sil has dislocated my shoulder."

He didn't seem to be faking that injury, his leg hung slack from the shoulder and fell in a slightly awkward manner. It looked pretty painful and she knew she couldn't just leave him like that, so she stepped over to him and motioned for him to sit down. "Brace yourself, hound," she warned Hannibal as she place her paws on his legs. "This is gonna hurt like a bitch." With a sharp twist and and shove, his leg snapped back into the joint with a sickening pop. The female flinched a little in sympathy at the sound, but it seemed to go well. "Give it a bend and see if the nerves are pinched. If they aren't then make sure not to move around too much until you can put weight on it."

With that task done Kinah rose up to her full height and walked back over to Cassius, giving him a concerned stare. He was being awfully quiet... "I guess let's try... again... to settle down for the night...I can take watch." Kinah looked over to Sil and frowned. The other female didn't seem up to staying up all alone in a house that really seemed to haunt her. She pulled Cash down by his neck and whispered in his ear. "Don't let her stay up alone. Wake me when she's tired and I'll take the next watch. Don't screw this up lover-boy."
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:00 pm

((sorry, but it take me awhile to read all your posts cause they so long >n< and I'm a slow reader. Not much to do anyway cause Cloud is asleep.))
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:29 am

Sil's Farm House || Night [26]

Hannibal watched, somewhat surprised at the reaction to the announcement of his injury. They seemed to find it difficult that he was just as fragile – if not more - than themselves, already considering foul-play on his part. His crimson glare lingered on the recently arrived zoroark. The dark-type had taken a protective stance before Sil, posing as the hero protecting the damsel in distress from the villainous cur. It seemed Cassisus was out of the job. Not to mention that his so-called damsel had only recently beaten the shit out of said villain. Their ability to condemn him as evil was quite remarkable. His duration in the group had already seen him meaningless attacked, knocked out and again, more deservingly thrown across the room – he himself had caused them no bodily harm. Amused, the houndoom flashed Zoroark an unpleasant grin.

“…None of us will survive if we don't start working together and yes, even you Hannibal wouldn't last on your own. Look at you. You act so tough and angry but what are you really? You are a broken Pokemon that I bet wants to be accepted and loved. Well I accept you and maybe Aislin you are right. Maybe I love you as well but what good will that do when the rest of the group pretty much wants you dead…”

Etai’s speech caught Hannibal off guard to say the least. He watched her in silent confusion, his expression blank as she spoke of love; a love for him. Whilst speak of being ‘broken’ had hit a raw nerve in the hound, the battler was more surprised at this unspoken emotion the leafeon was suddenly oozing. The only love he had ever felt died with Mischa. Since her death, Hannibal had seen no reason to love others- it would only translate into hurt in later years. He’d left his own son to die in the bid that such emotions would not interfere with the monster he desired to embody. As Etai’s sad gaze finally met Hannibal’s dark, stubborn eyes, a curious appreciation flourished in the canine’s chest. Had she just stood up for him? There was insult intermingled with her words, but ultimately, the grass-type had placed herself in a neutral stance. Everyone wasn’t against him after all. His eyes followed her leave, only returning to Kinah as she approached.

“Brace yourself, hound. This is gonna hurt like a bitch.”

“Oh I know,” Hannibal muttered in response as the fighting-type’s paws grasped his leg. Taking deep breaths, the pain that soon shot through his body was overwhelming. Unable to suppress the cry of pain that accompanied the unpleasant popping of bone, Hannibal cursed savagely beneath his breath, eyes firmly shut. He couldn’t remember it hurting that much – maybe he was just getting old. Biting his lip, Hannibal slowly bent his leg as ordered, waiting for any telltale stings of pain from damaged nerves – fortunately, there were none. His eyelids flicked back then; the angry, red orbs soon resting on the sawsbuck. She’d be damned if she was getting away with this. However, he kept calm, his expression breaking into a lax smile. “Thank you, Kinah,” The hound’s stare was unmoving from the deer.

"I guess let's try... again... to settle down for the night...I can take watch.”

Hannibal wasn’t going to argue – his energy sufficiently sapped from the attack to leave him utterly exhausted. His smile was dying beneath his muzzle, his incredible patience gradually beginning to wear thin.
    “I’ll stay here, if you don’t mind,” The houndoom nodded his head lightly in the direction of the group, rising to his feet with his injured leg lifted from the ground. Of course they didn’t mind – probably preferred that he would be sleeping away from their cosy little family. Hell, in the event of a rampaging undead, Hannibal would provide a perfect distraction as they all legged it to safety. Regardless of the dangers, the battler remained adamant in his decision to stay in isolation. Etai’s speech of love had startled him, evoking memories of the past that were trying to appeal to his suppressed emotions. It would be a mistake to cosy-up to the others at this stage, not that he had any desire to anyway. He flashed them a tired smile, limping over to make himself comfy on the bedraggled couch, muzzled head resting limp on his paws. “I’m a light sleeper,” His eyes were closed as he spoke, his words honest but left for interpretation. They might think it a polite offer of taking watch at some stage, or more likely, a threat that they would be unable to escape him during his slumber. Just because Sil had buggered up his leg, it didn’t mean he would suddenly become a grovelling lap-dog. No, this had only fuelled Hannibal’s hidden anger. And now, with Etai’s newfound fascination with love, Hannibal had the perfect means of manipulating the plucky leafeon into doing him a monumental favour…

Last edited by Snitch on Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:22 pm

Sil's Farm House | Night (3/13)

Padding outside of the farm house, Etai found herself calming down considerably due to being close to nature. The world around her was dimming every so often as night time gained more and more shadows by the minute and she almost wandered into the forest as if she were being called to by the trees she loved so dearly. Etai had no clue why she was feeling the emotions that swirled around inside of her and she silently cursed herself for having such things interfere with the reunion she wanted to have with her friends. Allowing herself to stride towards the bushes near to the front of Sil's farm house, the small grass type curled up neatly inside of one. Her paws dug into the earth and her tail coiled around her muzzle as she settled down for the night despite not being ready to sleep quite yet. Suddenly thinking of Aislin, Etai knew almost immediately that her dark friend would fit in better. Aislin was new to the group while Etai had alienated herself from her friends almost as soon as she met up with them again. Of course she figured that was only natural with how she felt towards Hannibal.

As she laid in her bush, Etai began to feel remorse for the words she had said. Her whole life she had felt things sooner than appropriate and ruined everything by just blurting out what she was thinking. In this case she figured it wasn't so different. Sighing, the small canine rested her head lightly on her paws and looked up to the stars for guidance in her decision. The only thing she could think of to do was completely crush any feelings she had and harden her heart. A shiver ran through Etai while she pondered doing just that and with a heavy sigh she decided that is what must happen.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Watching the others, Aislin felt completely out of place but her senses told her that she was tired and needed sleep. Everyone else seemed to want the same thing and she decided that she would introduce herself to the rest of the group tomorrow but first, she had no idea where she should sleep. The rest of the group seemed to know each other and where to go but Aislin felt like an outsider. Looking to the others before they left she cleared her throat and spoke up. "Where should I sleep?"
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:48 am

Post 33

Sil's Farm House| Night

It was a little satisfying to see Hannibal in pain still, but the moment of popping his shoulder back in place was all too quick, and he soon took a spot on the couch he'd been slapped into earlier, curling and closing his eye after announcing his isolation from the group. Sil frowned. She wasn't really liking the idea of him being out of her sight, even if he was going to actually sleep. Still, she'd rather not force the matter, as she was soon finding herself too tired to really care. She nodded and made her way back to the master bedroom, frame weary with the many events of the day.

Once back into the room, she plopped on the bed, giving her a good vantage post for watching the hallway and outside windows. There were probably a good many undead following, and now was a good time to keep things quiet, for all their sakes.

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:31 pm

Sil's Farm House|Night
    C(32)/K(57)

Cassius took Kinah's words to heart, though he was still slightly confused that she had said them at all. Maybe he had misjudged the fighter? There seemed to be a lot more going on in there than that sarcastic smirk of hers showed. At any rate, the Zebstrika knew he had to keep up with Sil in order to watch out for her, so he made his way over to the doe and knelt down on the floor beside the bed. He looked over to Sil and tried to give her a smile, but her mind seemed so troubled he wasn't sure she even saw it.

Not really sure what to do in such delicate situations, he decided to leave her to her thoughts and began to groom his erratic mane and tail. His once immaculate fur was caked with dirt and blood, his hair was tangled and matted from the stupid thorns in Sil's thicket, and he was at a loss as to how to fix it. After quite a while of grooming himself Cassius decided sitting in awkward silence was just too much and finally broke it. "I'm sorry, doe," he began, hesitantly looking up at her from the floor. "About your family..."

Kinah was pacing. Sleep was not coming for her any time soon, despite the long day. She had found a small room off to the side of the house, probably used as an office judging by what was left of the decor, and flopped gracelessly onto the small couch. Burying her paws into her hands she leaned onto her legs and sat that way for a long time, lost in her thoughts. Everything that had happened since she first got traded to that fat loser up until now was playing on a loop in her mind.

Kinah was reminded of her virtues as a Mienfoo, of how studious and hardworking she was. How loyal and dependable she was, especially with her friends. What was she now? A cynical snark who could barely remember the names of the Serperior and Hydreigon she so loved and called her friends? Sounded about right. Leaning back to rest her head on the back of the couch Kinah sighed heavily, staring at the ceiling. "Who am I?" she wondered aloud. "What the hell am I doing?" If only that ceiling had her answers.
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:47 pm

Sil's Farm House || Night [27]

Whilst Hannibal’s eyelids remained closed, he was by no means close to sleep. He listened to the quiet crunch of paws and hooves against the carpeted floor, the minute sounds of movement ringing loud in his ears as the group gradually made their leave. Whilst it was difficult to distinguish exactly who had left, Hannibal remained convinced that there would be no objection to his decision to remain in isolation. He would be alone in due time – just the way he liked it. However, the tentative voice of the newcomer soon broke the silence.

Rolling over to face the creature that had accompanied Etai, Hannibal emitted a quiet groan at the shooting pain the movement had caused. Breathing deeply as he worked to keep his calm and suppress the aching of his battered body, his eyelids eventually flicked back to reveal curious, crimson orbs. He regarded the canine, Aislin as he remembered, for a moment; somewhat pitying that she hadn’t received the warmest of welcomes to the group. Then again, it had been a sight better than his own. He smirked at the thought, although a far more sinister idea soon arose in his scheming mind. This newcomer was mainly shielded from the group’s prejudice of him, and with no signs of their intervention, Hannibal saw opportunity to gain a comrade.
    “Awfully polite, aren’t they?” The houndoom purred sarcastically, an amused smile stretched beneath his muzzle. Remembering to bear in mind exactly what Etai may have shared with this creature, Hannibal continued with a pleasant, aristocratic chuckle. “You should sleep wherever you desire, my dear. You needn’t ask permission from them,” Slowly shifting his position, careful not to exert his weakened muscles, Hannibal scooted over to offer room for the newcomer on his couch. Whilst he had no personal interest in the canine or any desire to share his space in the first place, Hannibal remained uncharacteristically friendly. His desperation to remove the muzzle had surprised even himself, yet this was simply a chance he couldn’t miss – the chance to make a good impression. Curling up once more, keeping his posture submissive in a bid to reassure Aisilin, he rested his head on his paws, eyes closed. “Sit. Please. I don’t bite,”

Last edited by Snitch on Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:28 pm