Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

4 posters

The LUMIOSE Team (PLOT)

Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Centurion
    Centurion

The LUMIOSE Team (PLOT) - Page 4 Empty Re: The LUMIOSE Team (PLOT)

Post by Phoenix Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:00 pm

The LUMIOSE Team (PLOT) - Page 4 Timid_zpsiuw70m6b
    Lumiose City (Sycamore's Lab) | Morning
    Post 26

Miranda nodded as Looker advised caution against going near the Gym, and she was more than willing to avoid antagonizing the people who shot Mr. Don. Even if the were her fellow Lumiosites. Though at the mention of the more rabid population not making any moves to leave the city gave her pause. "I wonder if it is because they don't have any pokemon? The Power Plant is in the middle of a windy desert that is frequented by burrowing, dangerous pokemon and even Trainer's had a hard time getting through. I know I did when I went on my journey. It could be that they just can't get to it."

"I... I have seen some generators tucked in odd spots, but most of them were broken... and I didn't bother with the ones that weren't. Too loud..." Oh, she hadn't considered the noise that such contraptions made. That was a good point. "Is there anything you need that really needs a generator?"

"Not necessarily. Not anything pressing, at least. If they have a working one, then that could mean they have a way to store perishable goods, like medicines or food. Or, if we find one, we could use it and its noise to lure them into a potential trap."

"Giovanni would want to know what assets are available-- we're simply used to all modern conveniences being completely out of the question. If this city has running water, I'm just curious to how many other things could have survived until now." They didn't know for sure if it had running water but it was a good possibility given the city's plumbing works. But rather than point that out Miranda chose to stay quiet, she had done enough interrupting for the day. At least she thought she would remain quiet. Scout, it seemed, had other ideas.

"Anything coming to mind? A power grid, a sewer, possible greenhouses, anything?" Miranda stared at the scorpion like a deer caught in headlights, her glasses slipping down her nose and giving her an owlish appearance. "I- uh, power grid? I don't even.... There are sewers but other than knowing they all empty into the river I couldn't say.... Greenhouses? Like...gardens? I'm so confused."
    Looker
    Looker
    Resistance
    Resistance

Post by Looker Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:29 pm

The LUMIOSE Team (PLOT) - Page 4 Tumblr_o3rarhQaja1uc5v85o1_400
    Lumiose City - Professor Sycamore's Laboratory - Morning
    {20}

"I wonder if it is because they don't have any pokemon? The Power Plant is in the middle of a windy desert that is frequented by burrowing, dangerous pokemon and even Trainers had a hard time getting through. I know I did when I went on my journey. It could be that they just can't get to it." That made incredible sense.  He didn't come from that side; that desert sounded like a nightmare. Mentally, he sent a thanks to whatever powers that be that he avoided that awfulness. As awful as his luck was, that he should lose his memory, it held for almost everything else. That he was alive right now with no help but his firearm was a miracle...

"I... I have seen some generators tucked in odd spots," Vitaly adds, "but most of them were broken... and I didn't bother with the ones that weren't. Too loud..."

That was right.  He saw a generator before; they could be far louder than was a good idea in the apocalypse...

"Is there anything you need that really needs a generator?"

That was a good question, actually. Why fixate so much on the generator when the more immediate problem was helping Don's iron levels get back up to where they were supposed to be?

"Not necessarily. Not anything pressing, at least. If they have a working one, then that could mean they have a way to store perishable goods, like medicines or food. Or, if we find one, we could use it and its noise to lure them into a potential trap."

Oh.  True.  A working generator could mean a refrigerator.

"Giovanni would want to know what assets are available-- we're simply used to all modern conveniences being completely out of the question. If this city has running water, I'm just curious to how many other things could have survived until now." She turned to the girl to address her directly. "Anything coming to mind? A power grid, a sewer, possible greenhouses, anything?"

The young lady froze, staring, her glasses slipping down her face. It made her look much younger than she actually was. "I- uh, power grid? I don't even.... There are sewers but other than knowing they all empty into the river I couldn't say.... Greenhouses? Like...gardens? I'm so confused."

"A greenhouse is glass building where plants are grown that need protection from cold weather; the sunlight passing through the glass walls makes the room very warm, so it's good for tropical plants." He felt far prouder of himself for knowing something about the world than he should be, in all honesty. "If the locals have bothered taking care of any greenhouses in the area, they might be growing food or plants that can be used in medicine. Greenhouses can also be tourist attractions; does that ring any bells?" It was a huge city; they really should not pin all of their hopes for information on one young person, barely out of childhood. But it was, sadly, their only chance of learning more about their surroundings aside from actually leaving and exploring.
    Maximum
    Maximum
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Maximum Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:51 pm

The LUMIOSE Team (PLOT) - Page 4 Tumblr_inline_ot2drxido51r82t0h_400
    Lumiose City (Professor Sycamore's Laboratory)|Morning [20]

Scout tilted her head in thought at the question and answered, "Not necessarily. Not anything pressing, at least. If they have a working one, then that could mean they have a way to store perishable goods, like medicines or food. Or, if we find one, we could use it and its noise to lure them into a potential trap." Good point. He had used similar tactics enough to save himself to know the importance of distractions. She then explained her question, "Giovanni would want to know what assets are available-- we're simply used to all modern conveniences being completely out of the question. If this city has running water, I'm just curious to how many other things could have survived until now." Which was true, he had certainly not expected that some of the buildings could have functioning water systems. The Gliscor then pointedly turned to the young girl and asked, "Anything coming to mind? A power grid, a sewer, possible greenhouses, anything?" Oh there was definitely a sewer; he had used it a few times to escape. He didn't like it because oh gods the smell.

The mass of questions either surprised or intimidated Miranda; the girl's glasses slipped down her nose as she stumbled over her answer, "I- uh, power grid? I don't even.... There are sewers but other than knowing they all empty into the river I couldn't say.... Greenhouses? Like...gardens? I'm so confused." Vitaly mused on what would be relevant information to add, but he wasn't sure how to help prompt the girl to help speak. He'd be able to say if something was still there or not, but... he was currently blanking as well. The question hadn't been directed towards him, and just that fact alone held his tongue.

Looker tried to give the girl a little more direction and focused on one thing, "A greenhouse is glass building where plants are grown that need protection from cold weather; the sunlight passing through the glass walls makes the room very warm, so it's good for tropical plants." The way the man gave the information was tinted with pride, and Vi had to wonder just how much the man had lost if knowing little tidbits was a cause for pride. That... was incredibly sad... He remembered how the priest had to reteach him a lot of information that schoolchildren knew, and a feeling of empathy resurged. The maybe detective continued his thoughts, "If the locals have bothered taking care of any greenhouses in the area, they might be growing food or plants that can be used in medicine. Greenhouses can also be tourist attractions; does that ring any bells?"

Once again, the question had been directed towards Miranda, and Vitaly struggled with himself. He knew of at least one of those things because he had stumbled upon it, but he didn't want to speak out of turn. Old habits died hard, and this one hadn't yet. Then again, something about the way Looker was talking implicated that they might end up stealing from one of these greenhouses, and that... could be a problem. While he didn't have many qualms about the act of stealing when the cause was for good, actually doing the deed would be difficult. If they got caught... He didn't want to think about that potential outcome. He felt Jozan and Drizzt nudge him, and he looked down to meet their gazes. Jozan was confused, but he unsubtly nodded his head towards the rest of the group. Drizzt gave him another level look that spoke more than most knew, and Vitaly nodded towards them. He waited to see what Miranda had to say first, and after she finished, he said, "We stumbled on one a while back, so that one is still working. But... It's pretty well guarded, now. Unless we're desperate, I really wouldn't recommend trying to take anything from it."
    Giovanni
    Giovanni
    Black Guard
    Black Guard

Post by Giovanni Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:42 am

The LUMIOSE Team (PLOT) - Page 4 V8EhZTq

Lumiose City||Sycamore's Lab//3rd Floor||Morning||35

Uh oh. Scout's ears fell a fraction as Miranda sputtered and her glasses slid down, making her look younger and more inept than she'd ever looked. Even after the navigation incident. Looked like Scout had set the bar too high, then. "I- uh, power grid? I don't even.... There are sewers but other than knowing they all empty into the river I couldn't say.... Greenhouses? Like...gardens? I'm so confused." Scout gave a long, labored sigh and lowered her head as she closed her eyes. Giovanni was so much better at this. Why did he have to be unconscious.

Looker took the opportunity to explain Miranda's very real question as to what a greenhouse actually was, because apparently it's not that shocking a child grew up to be a functioning sub-adult and not know what a greenhouse was. She was a insect-eating Pokemon and she knew what a greenhouse was. "A greenhouse is glass building where plants are grown that need protection from cold weather; the sunlight passing through the glass walls makes the room very warm, so it's good for tropical plants." Scout stared at him a moment, ears flicking away small gnats. He... he sounded... proud to know that? Oh dear. Maybe she was just spoiled in her samplings of the human race. Maybe this kind of ignorance was... common. "If the locals have bothered taking care of any greenhouses in the area, they might be growing food or plants that can be used in medicine. Greenhouses can also be tourist attractions; does that ring any bells?" Well, at least he understood why she asked in the first place. That was reassuring.

Once Miranda gave her answer, Vitaly added his own small piece of insight. "We stumbled on one a while back, so that one is still working. But... It's pretty well guarded, now. Unless we're desperate, I really wouldn't recommend trying to take anything from it."

She considered the information, but wasn't sure what to do with it. She knew she was too inferior of a critical thinker to make a plan like that without the help of her trainer. She was smart, but only smart for her species. The Gliscor sighed and looked down at her resting trainer. "I'm sure he would be interested in the potential resources, but you're right. Doing anything to try and get those now would be foolish. Any major resources, aside from the plant itself, is probably already controlled and guarded like the greenhouse and gym. For the moment, then, all we can do to help him is just... make sure they don't find us, I guess." It wasn't a great note to come to, but Scout didn't see much else of a choice.
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Phoenix Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:55 pm

Post 27

"A greenhouse is glass building where plants are grown that need protection from cold weather; the sunlight passing through the glass walls makes the room very warm, so it's good for tropical plants." Miranda listened carefully to the older gentleman and a small flicker of recognition sparked to life in the back of her mind at the description. That sounded so very familiar... "If the locals have bothered taking care of any greenhouses in the area, they might be growing food or plants that can be used in medicine. Greenhouses can also be tourist attractions; does that ring any bells?"

"Oh!" she exclaimed happily. "Like mother's glass hot house! She had one in the back garden for her tropicals, I was never allowed to play in it. Her Carnivine got very finicky if I tried." She blushed in embarrassment but smiled her way through it. "I can't say I know of any public ones though, so if there are any they are likely in private garden's like mother's."

"We stumbled on one a while back, so that one is still working. But... It's pretty well guarded, now. Unless we're desperate, I really wouldn't recommend trying to take anything from it."

"I'm sure he would be interested in the potential resources, but you're right. Doing anything to try and get those now would be foolish. Any major resources, aside from the plant itself, is probably already controlled and guarded like the greenhouse and gym. For the moment, then, all we can do to help him is just... make sure they don't find us, I guess."

Miranda sighed but nodded, looking over at Giovanni worriedly. "I understand, but if we can't find the right vitamins to help boost his blood production he will take twice as long to recover. At this rate I'd settle for canned spinach and fruit. Or a Tropius. A Tropius would be a godsend for his health." She sighed again and made herself comfortable next to her fallen companion and Scout. "But even Mr. Don's luck can't be that good."
    Looker
    Looker
    Resistance
    Resistance

Post by Looker Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:36 pm

Lumiose City - Professor Sycamore's Laboratory - Morning
    {21}

"Oh!" Like mother's glass hot house!" Now that was a phrase he hadn't heard before. Fairly appropriate, though; anywhere with see-through walls that involved the hot sun rays shining mercilessly through them had to be very hot. It wasn't like he hadn't been in cars left out in the sun before. "She had one in the back garden for her tropicals, I was never allowed to play in it. Her Carnivine got very finicky if I tried."

The girl flushed with a bit of embarrassment, but she still seemed pleased, at least. He smiled encouragingly back at her. "I can't say I know of any public ones though, so if there are any they are likely in private garden's like mother's."

"We stumbled on one a while back, so that one is still working." Ah yes, but how easy would it be for them to reach it?

"But... It's pretty well guarded, now. Unless we're desperate, I really wouldn't recommend trying to take anything from it."

Yes, he figured that would happen. Looker suppressed a sigh of despondency. Still... there was no reason to give up just yet; not everyone had voiced their opinion on the matter.

"I'm sure he would be interested in the potential resources, but you're right. Doing anything to try and get those now would be foolish. Any major resources, aside from the plant itself, is probably already controlled and guarded like the greenhouse and gym. For the moment, then, all we can do to help him is just... make sure they don't find us, I guess."

The girl let out the sigh they were likely all feeling inwardly. "I understand, but if we can't find the right vitamins to help boost his blood production he will take twice as long to recover. At this rate I'd settle for canned spinach and fruit. Or a Tropius. A Tropius would be a godsend for his health." She sighed again and shifted her position on the floor to be more comfortable, accepting Scout's words as true even despite her own. "But even Mr. Don's luck can't be that good."

"Considering the natives were just riled up, waiting until he wakes probably isn't a bad idea anyway." Taking a leaf out of Miranda's book, Looker shifted to prepare himself for a long wait. "We're far more likely to avoid detection if we just stay put for awhile."

Maybe "Mr. Don's" luck would be good enough for that, at least.

Seeing as he was going to be bedding down here for at least a good few hours, it seemed best to at least read through the professor's books to see if he had, for any reason, hidden notes on the plague in any of them. Explaining to the others the point of his task (but not his amnesia, feeling a little reluctant to admit that just yet) Looker pawed through the books in the library.

Naturally, though, there was nothing in any of them, save for the usual notes a professor would tuck into the pages of a book he was reading. He could not say he was terribly surprised, but the disappointment stung nonetheless.

Lumiose City - Professor Sycamore's Laboratory - Late Morning
    Two Days Later

Hours actually turned out to be a couple days. It wasn't very bad. The room had plenty enough books to look through, and they were safe from the survivors that roamed the city, tucked away hidden in a building the thugs had no doubt searched long ago and had no reason to search again. The chairs were comfortable and even though he didn't understand the complicated science in some of the books, plenty others offered interesting reading. Curled in one of the chairs with a book about dragons, he read in silence, marking things occasionally with a red ink pen.
    Maximum
    Maximum
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Maximum Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:24 pm

Lumiose City (Professor Sycamore's Laboratory)|Morning [21]

Scout simply sighed and said, "I'm sure he would be interested in the potential resources, but you're right. Doing anything to try and get those now would be foolish. Any major resources, aside from the plant itself, is probably already controlled and guarded like the greenhouse and gym. For the moment, then, all we can do to help him is just... make sure they don't find us, I guess." Vitaly was glad that they finally seemed okay to stay put. Until things calmed down outside, hiding out was the best option.

Miranda agreed, but she still worried over her companion, "I understand, but if we can't find the right vitamins to help boost his blood production he will take twice as long to recover. At this rate I'd settle for canned spinach and fruit. Or a Tropius. A Tropius would be a godsend for his health. But even Mr. Don's luck can't be that good." Yeah, even the luckiest of people had their off days. Granted, he did luck out in finding the one building with friendly people that also just happened to have a healer.

"Considering the natives were just riled up, waiting until he wakes probably isn't a bad idea anyway. We're far more likely to avoid detection if we just stay put for awhile." With everyone having their say, the group began to settle down and rest. Miranda sat beside Don while Looker perused the Professor's books. Since they were in such good condition, Vi wanted to look through the books as well, but he had to take care of some other things first.

He took off his backpack, and unattached the sleeping bag that was hastily tied to it. Usually it was neatly rolled, but the morning's chaos had forced him to fold it haphazardly. He walked over to Scout and Miranda and held it out to them, "This might be a little more comfortable." Afterwards, he headed to the door while saying, "Gonna check the taps and see if they work." He also planned to catch the rest of his team up while he was on a different floor. No need to crowd the top floor yet when most of his Pokemon were worried... Oh. Pelor still didn't know what had happened since this morning, he better do this quickly before the Larvesta made an unannounced appearance. When he opened the door, the cringe inducing sound prompted him to add, "And see if they have any WD-40 left." When Jozan and Drizzt looked to him for instruction, he waved for them to stay put. Jozan might be needed to take care of Don, and he would feel better if the Chikorita had someone to protect him.

Lumiose City (Professor Sycamore's Laboratory)|Late Morning

Much to his surprise, the taps did work, and that made their lives so much easier. They were able to get water without having to leave the building, and there was no need to worry about managing intake. Since Don was too weak to move for several days, Vi had plenty of time to look through the lab to see if there was anything looters had missed. There wasn't much, unfortunately, but he did find a smaller can of WD-40 which he promptly used on the door. All of his Pokemon were surprised to hear that they now had three new humans with them; after living there for so long, the thought of friendly humans seemed like a pipe dream.

Due to living in the hostile city for almost a year, he was too antsy to stay holed up without any idea of what was going on outside, so he and his Pokemon often went to the second floor to look out the windows. Lyra was banned on scouting missions for the time being, and they didn't want to risk Elise getting shot, so simply listening and looking was all they could do for the moment. After one such "outing," Vi came back into the room with Jozan in his arms and  Lidda right behind him. As a grass type, Jozan was significantly healthier if he could get enough sunlight, and the top floor couldn't provide it due to the windows being boarded up. Even if the Chikorita wasn't much help with their surveillance, Vi wanted to ensure his health.

Placing Jozan down, Vitaly went over to the bookshelf to see if there was anything of interest. He noticed that Looker was deeply involved with a book about dragon types, but since the man was so engrossed, Vi didn't want to disturb him. Most of the books had been a little too dry for his tastes, but he hadn't expected anything else. Lidda hovered next to him, unsure of what to do with these still new people. While they had been nice, there was still a subtle worry about if she should completely trust them. Drizzt, who had elected to stay with the group, sat as a quiet shadow near the door.

Jozan, however, had mostly overcome his worry with them. Since he was unsure if Giovanni was asleep or not, he gingerly approached and quietly asked Scout and Miranda, "How is he today?"
    Giovanni
    Giovanni
    Black Guard
    Black Guard

Post by Giovanni Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:43 pm

Lumiose City||Sycamore's Lab//3rd Floor||Morning||36

Scout's ears flicked as Miranda was the first to reply. "I understand, but if we can't find the right vitamins to help boost his blood production he will take twice as long to recover. At this rate I'd settle for canned spinach and fruit. Or a Tropius. A Tropius would be a godsend for his health. But even Mr. Don's luck can't be that good." Scout snorted at the small comment. No, no one was that lucky, though the thought of a healthy, friendly flying dinosaur dropping through the roof was at least amusing in its own right.

"Considering the natives were just riled up, waiting until he wakes probably isn't a bad idea anyway. We're far more likely to avoid detection if we just stay put for awhile." Looker's logic was sound, as much as Scout's body itched for movement. She wanted to help her trainer, but... there just wasn't anything plausible. They'd just have to wait and let Giovanni heal on his own.

Vitaly offered them a haphazardly folded bedroll, piquing the Gliscor's attention. "This might be a little more comfortable." Since Scout's pincers would likely only damage it, she merely nodded her thanks and let Miranda take it. The man stood and went to the door, apparently as restless as she felt. "Gonna check the taps and see if they work." This was where Giovanni's luck would truly be tested. If those damn taps worked... The shriek of the door opening pulled Scout out of her thoughts, forcing a cringe as Vitaly added, "And see if they have any WD-40 left."

Lumiose City (Professor Sycamore's Laboratory)|Late Morning
    A Few Days Later

Of course the taps worked.

Scout spent the next few days watching over her trainer, his ward, their new companions all while wondering just to which god her trainer had sold his soul. How. How had they wandered into a hostile encampment, escaped death and found the only friendly humans in the only city with running water in the only building that was still defensible and not in the hostiles' territory? Seriously. That was Divine Intervention and Scout wanted to know to which Legendary she owed her life.

The newest day found them with sunshine and the first real signs of Giovanni's recovery. He had woken sometime during the night and then fallen back asleep, but was now rousing into a more stable consciousness. Seeing him awake did wonders for her own nerves, even if she quietly believed that he was slightly immortal. The little Chikorita that had saved Giovanni's life quietly came up to them, inquiring after her trainer. "How is he today?"

"Better..."

"...But awake, at least," Giovanni groaned as he sat up, stretching a shoulder as he roused. He took a look around, refreshing his murky memory with what had occurred over the past few days. His eyes paused on Looker, who was currently engrossed in a book of... dragons? Really? Thankfully, he was too tired to burst out laughing again. The man whose life Giovanni personally destroyed was... just sitting there. Delicious. He turned back to his Gliscor and ward, as well as the little grass starter that had been so crucial in his recovery. "Good to see you all," he greeted. A hand went to Scout and rand his hands over her short-haired hide. "I'm assuming we've been staying safe?"
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Phoenix Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:38 am

Post 28

"Considering the natives were just riled up, waiting until he wakes probably isn't a bad idea anyway. We're far more likely to avoid detection if we just stay put for awhile." Miranda nodded slowly and re-positioned her legs when the tingle of one falling asleep began to bother her. She did her best not to shift Giovanni too much in the process and gave Looker a sad smile. "That's true, I just wish there were something more I could do for him. He's done so much for me..." But their hands were tied so staying put was their only option. At least Scout was with her which made Miranda feel much better, the Gliscor was much more level headed than she was.

"This might be a little more comfortable." Miranda hadn't been paying attention until Vitaly spoke, handing her a bedroll. At first she wondered if he had noticed her discomfort from before but then remembered that he had offered the padded surface when they first called a truce. She reached up and took the rolled fabric with a smile. "Thank you, Mr. Vitaly." At least it would be something for Giovanni to rest on. He seemed a bit twitchy however and went towards the door, confusing the young girl until he clarified what he was doing. "Gonna check the taps and see if they work."

Miranda shrugged and gently slipped Giovanni's head from her lap to unfurl the bedroll. It took help from Scout to get the large man on the padded surface but eventually they succeeded and Miranda took the time to move around the room and let her legs stretch again. They were going to be there for quite a while so perhaps there was something she could do to keep her mind occupied.

Lumiose City (Sycamore's Lab) | Late Morning
    Two Days Later

Even unconscious it seemed Mr. Don's luck held out because not only did the taps work but there had been almost no activity around the building that might have given them away. Miranda spent her time cleaning up their small space and getting water into her companion on occasion to make sure he didn't die of thirst while asleep. That second one was quite a chore and often required someone to help keep Giovanni slightly elevated which she was almost incapable of doing.

She learned from Scout that while she slept Mr. Don had awoken at some point but had almost promptly fallen back asleep but at least it was progress. She kept hoping all morning that he would wake up again. It just so happened that as the cute little green monster from before, which Miranda had learned from Vitaly was called a Chikorita, that he did exactly that. "How is he today?"

"Better..."

"...But awake, at least." Miranda's eyes lit up at hearing Mr. Don's voice and she dropped the shirt of his she had been repairing and rushed over. "You're okay..." she managed to get out before dropping back and crying lightly. She didn't realize just how much stress and guilt she had been fighting while waiting to see if he recovered until the relief hit her and finally all of that anxiety had an outlet. "Good to see you all, I'm assuming we've been staying safe?" She nodded slowly and wiped the back of her hand across her eyes, attempting to answer without sobbing. "For now, but you've been asleep for two days. I didn't know what else to do..."
    Looker
    Looker
    Resistance
    Resistance

Post by Looker Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:11 pm

{22}

"Better..."

Though he missed Jozan's question, Scout's answer caught Looker's attenion, the man looking up in time to see Don 's eyes open.

"...But awake, at least."

The girl's face lit up with joy and she wasted no time rushing over to be by his side. "You're okay..."  His heart twisted as she began to cry. Poor child. Goodness knew what happened to her family; Don may have been her only friend in years. To lose him would be devastating...

"Good to see you all, I'm assuming we've been staying safe?" Looker nodded, bookmarking his book. "For now, but you've been asleep for two days. I didn't know what else to do..."

"We're glad you're feeling better. Is there anything we can bring you?"
    Maximum
    Maximum
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Maximum Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:23 pm

Lumiose City (Professor Sycamore's Laboratory)|Late Morning [22]

Scout answered, "Better..."

Vi and all his Pokemon were all surprised to hear Giovanni's voice, "...But awake, at least." The tall man groaned as he sat up, and Vi shut the book of legendaries he had been reading to pay attention.

The young girl had been repairing a shirt when her guardian woke up, and she dropped her project instantly. She managed to get out, "You're okay..." before she started crying, and the outburst of emotion made Vi feel slightly awkward. While he could sympathize with her worries, he didn't know how to help her deal with them. Thankfully, this seemed more like relief, and since Giovanni didn't appear to be worsening, she would be feeling better soon.

Giovanni still seemed groggy, but he could speak clearly. "Good to see you all," he greeted. "I'm assuming we've been staying safe?"

"All quiet on the western front," was Vi's answer; the old saying rolling off his lips easily.

Miranda attempted to reign in her crying and replied, "For now, but you've been asleep for two days. I didn't know what else to do..." Poor kid had been wondering for two days straight whether her companion was going to live or die, and he felt mildly bad that he hadn't tried to ease her fears. Knowing his usual luck with people, he would have made her feel worse.

Looker responded as well and asked, "We're glad you're feeling better. Is there anything we can bring you?"

Jozan took the opportunity to get a better look at Giovanni, and he was pleased to see that the tall man was looking a lot better. He didn't care if he was repeating and said cheerfully, "You definitely look a lot better."

Since the man had been asleep for almost two days, and simply getting water into him had been an adventure, Vitaly figured that Giovanni was probably hungry. "Food maybe?" Vitaly asked. He made no moves to approach their supplies. Even if they had called a truce, acting like he owned their property would likely incite conflict.
    Giovanni
    Giovanni
    Black Guard
    Black Guard

Post by Giovanni Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:20 am

Lumiose City||Sycamore's Lab//3rd Floor||Morning||37

Though Giovanni expected some sort of emotional reaction from Miranda, he hadn't thought she would spontaneously devolve into tears. Giving a small laugh, he held out his good arm toward his weeping ward to pull her into a hug. "All quiet on the western front," was the young man, Vitaly's, answer, reassuring  Giovanni that at least things had stayed quiet while he was incapacitated.

Miranda boldly attempted to stifle her sobbing, but it didn't seem to be working out especially well. "For now, but you've been asleep for two days. I didn't know what else to do..."

"Well, I think things will settle down a little now. I can't be killed that easy."

"We're glad you're feeling better. Is there anything we can bring you?"

Giovanni's tired glee was paused as his attention was pulled toward Looker. Yes, he hadn't been delusional. The man himself was here... tending Giovanni, the man who had personally destroyed his life, so dutifully. Beautiful. If Giovanni had been in a lesser state of mind, he would have burst out into a giggle fit again. It occurred to him that perhaps he shouldn't push his luck when it came to Looker's amnesia, but... it had stayed in place after four years-- surely it'd be fine for however long they were going to stay in his company.

He wanted to soak up as much of this delicious irony as he possibly could.

"You definitely look a lot better," the small Chikorita observed, reminding Giovanni that Looker had actually asked him a question. Right. "Food maybe?"

"Yes, food sounds... perfect," replied Giovanni as he shifted to try and stand. "Some water, as well--"

"Excuse you," came Scout's disapproving tone, as well as a heavy pincer on his good shoulder. "You're not standing."

He looked to her, unable to argue with her angry, steadfast expression. There was certainly no arguing with her. "...Very well, then. I'll... stay right here."

"Uh huh."
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Phoenix Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:03 am

Post 29

"We're glad you're feeling better. Is there anything we can bring you?" Miranda was grateful for Looker's inquiry as she was still struggling with closing back the floodgates that had opened from her relief. Thankfully Giovanni's strong embrace was proving quite helpful in soothing her frazzled nerves. She smiled at the little Chikorita as it looked him over and only pulled back when it was necessary preferring to cling to her guardian a little longer. "You definitely look a lot better."

Concerned that Mr. Don hadn't actually responded to the question Miranda sat up to offer a few suggestions but Vitally had seemed to reach the same conclusion. "Food maybe?" Miranda nodded and offered a small smile to the younger man in the room and was about to get up to find something when Giovanni decided to try the same. "Yes, food sounds... perfect, some water, as well--"" As he tried to stand up Miranda panicked but again was thwarted in her effort to help by another.

"Excuse you," Scout scolded, holding him down. "You're not standing."

"...Very well, then. I'll... stay right here."

"Uh huh."

Miranda meekly sat where she was, knees tucked under and hands folded to her lap, and made sure to keep her head down. Finding others who were safe to be around was a joy but it was quickly reminding Miranda of her place and she fell quiet. Her assistance wasn't needed any longer unless specifically stated so it was better if she stopped trying. All her help had done so far anyway was get Mr. Don in even more trouble and nearly killed him. Everyone else had this well in hand so she was better of staying silent.
    Looker
    Looker
    Resistance
    Resistance

Post by Looker Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:30 am

{23}

"You definitely look a lot better," Jozan added. He nodded; he really did. There was more color in his cheeks and, of course, he's not merely awake; he was also alert and lucid. No laughing fits this time, thank goodness.

"Food maybe?" Vitaly suggested when Mr. Don did not respond. Miranda smiled at him and moved to do something about that, but apparently Don had the same idea.

"Yes, food sounds... perfect, some water, as well--""

Scout was having none of that.

"Excuse you." She looked at him like an unhappy mother as she held him down. "You're not standing."

"...Very well, then. I'll... stay right here."

"Uh huh."

"I don't think there was any arguing that," Looker chuckled, getting up from his seat. He took a few steps towards their bags but...

Oh, Miranda...

"Maybe you should get his food for him, Miranda? He's your friend; you know what he likes, if you're lucky enough to have any of that with you." He gave her a smile as he continued his walk towards their bags and pulled a bottle of water from his own to take a sip.
    Maximum
    Maximum
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Maximum Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:31 am

Lumiose City (Professor Sycamore's Laboratory)|Late Morning [23]

Apparently Vitaly's words drew Giovanni back to the present, "Yes, food sounds... perfect." The pause reminded him that even if Giovanni was doing better, he wasn't completely out of the woods yet. The tall man shifted around as if he wished to stand and added, "Some water, as well--"

Any progress towards standing was quickly halted by the Gliscor's claw, "Excuse you. You're not standing." Her tone allowed no argument.

Her trainer instantly conceded, "...Very well, then. I'll... stay right here."

"Uh huh."

"I don't think there was any arguing that," Looker laughed as he stood up, and Vitaly raised an eyebrow at him. Was Looker getting up to mess with Giovanni and Miranda's bags? Wouldn't it make more sense to let Miranda handle it? Vi didn't feel like it was his or even Looker's place to touch their bags without explicit permission. He wasn't sure if Looker even noticed the questioning glance, but something caused Looker to pause and ask, "Maybe you should get his food for him, Miranda? He's your friend; you know what he likes, if you're lucky enough to have any of that with you." Vitaly was immensely relieved when Looker simply went into his own bag and pulled out a water bottle to drink from.

The question made him wonder... Was the girl not moving on her own? His eyes shifted to her and noticed that she had stayed seated and held her head down. The submissive, waiting for orders position was eerily familiar, but he wasn't sure what would have caused the girl to enter that state. Was she afraid of them? Or was something else going on? Unfortunately, he didn't have much information to work with to figure it out. In an attempt at humor, he jested, "Yeah, and we don't know what is where. One of us might end up throwing stuff all over the floor." For the moment, he and his Pokemon simply observed what was going on, and waited for any sign that they would be needed.
    Giovanni
    Giovanni
    Black Guard
    Black Guard

Post by Giovanni Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:31 pm

Lumiose City||Sycamore's Lab//3rd Floor||Morning||38

"I don't think there was any arguing that," Looker laughed. Giovanni eyed the man a moment, unsure of what to think. The man was a cheery fellow, even without his memory, wasn't he? Hell, perhaps that was the only reason he was so chipper. "Maybe you should get his food for him, Miranda? He's your friend; you know what he likes, if you're lucky enough to have any of that with you." Giovanni's face fell a little; why did Looker have to actually tell Miranda to do any of that?

Confused, he turned his head to look at his ward, her appearance nothing less than alarming. Why did she look like that? What on Earth had gotten into her? He understood the light-hearted nature of Looker's tone as Vitaly mimicked it. "Yeah, and we don't know what is where. One of us might end up throwing stuff all over the floor."

"Miranda, would you be so kind as to help me? Scout is... rightfully preventing me from getting anything." He gently patted her back, hoping his words and actions would help break her from her strange trance.
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Phoenix Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:58 am

Post 30

"Maybe you should get his food for him, Miranda?" The address of her name caught Miranda's attention and she raised her gaze to Looker to make sure she hadn't imagined it. "He's your friend; you know what he likes, if you're lucky enough to have any of that with you." Not wanting to be rude she nodded mutely.

"Yeah, and we don't know what is where. One of us might end up throwing stuff all over the floor." Okay now this was just getting strange. One moment she was useless and now everyone wanted her to- Oh. Oh how silly of her. She was the only female in the group and it was her place to provide them with their meals. How could she have been so dense as to not realize that?

Giovanni's hand on her back nearly had her jumping to attention. "Miranda, would you be so kind as to help me? Scout is... rightfully preventing me from getting anything." She put on a smile for him and nodded. "Of course. I'll be right back with something." Standing up she made her way over to their combined goods and began going through Giovanni's bag. He had insisted early on to carry their heavier belongings and a lot of food fell into that category once you accumulated enough.

As she pulled out a few items her hand brushed against something cold and she froze as she realized it was the cool metal from the barrel of Giovanni's gun. Miranda knew he had it of course but just the sight of it so close to her hand made her shudder. Shaking her head clear she grabbed another bottle of water to go with her food choices and resealed the bag putting all thought of the weapon out of her mind as she returned to Giovanni's side.

"We're out of that trail mix you liked but I found these crackers go good with the berry jam we made. It would be good not to upset your stomach too quickly anyway." As she set the products down she gave a half smile to Scout. "Could you help him sit up a bit? It would be silly for us to go through all this and then he chokes." The humor was a bit forced but she refused to let her smile fall in front of Giovanni even if her eyes didn't reflect it. She might be useless but she was going to do what she could. Every little bit helped right?
    Looker
    Looker
    Resistance
    Resistance

Post by Looker Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:18 pm

{24}

"Yeah, and we don't know what is where. One of us might end up throwing stuff all over the floor," Vitaly joked, watching the girl carefully. Ah, so he noticed it too. The backup was appreciated.

Don placed a hand on Miranda's back, the girl tensing as if startled. "Miranda, would you be so kind as to help me? Scout is... rightfully preventing me from getting anything."

The smile she gave him seemed... midly strained; not entirely genuine, which made sense considering there was clearly something bothering her just a moment ago. "Of course. I'll be right back with something."

While she went to get what Don needed, he took the moment to slip the book on dragons into his own bag. It felt a bit wrong, especially when this was no simple department store he was taking from; this was a professor's office, for goodness sakes- a regional professor's office. And yet... he wasn't here. Who knew if he would ever return or if he was even alive. The books in here would be safe for a good many years, provided there was no fire or violent looting, but... in the long run...

At least this would be safe. Perhaps one or two more. He shouldn't take too many, both for the sake of travelling and for the sake of... just not being rude. The professor may actually return here, one day.

But surely he won't miss a book or two on dragons, and Looker needs to learn everything he can about red flygons.

"We're out of that trail mix you liked but I found these crackers go good with the berry jam we made. It would be good not to upset your stomach too quickly anyway." He turned to find Miranda move from addressing Don to addressing Scout. "Could you help him sit up a bit? It would be silly for us to go through all this and then he chokes."

"Yes, dodging death by bullet only to choke would be irony at its worst." He moves to look at the shelves again for another dragon book. "At least, I think that's irony? Maybe not. I don't know much about literary terms." Had he, once? He feels like he may have. He definitely enjoys reading, he can say that for certain, and he can't imagine something so embedded in his being would not be left over from his former life. He looks over at his companions, the thoughtful hand on his chin from when he was reading the book titles remaining there. "In anycase, it would be a tragedy if anything were to happen now, so... we need to be careful going forward from here. Do you folks know where you're headed? Perhaps if we're all going in the same direction we can watch each other's backs until it's time to part ways?"
    Maximum
    Maximum
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Maximum Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:16 pm

Lumiose City (Professor Sycamore's Laboratory)|Late Morning [24]

Miranda nearly jumped when Giovanni's hand touched her back, and that only made Vitaly more confused as to what was going on. She hadn't been afraid of her supposed guardian before. Afraid for him, but not of him. Was she just not paying attention and got startled? Giovanni asked, "Miranda, would you be so kind as to help me? Scout is... rightfully preventing me from getting anything."

Far too quickly, she put on a smile that Vi could easily identify as fake as she stood up and said, "Of course. I'll be right back with something." Jozan had moved over towards Vi and Lidda during the conversation, but Drizzt remained in his position near the door and their own goods. The girl rummaged through her and her guardian's bags for food, and she started musing aloud, "We're out of that trail mix you liked but I found these crackers go good with the berry jam we made. It would be good not to upset your stomach too quickly anyway." After getting the items she listed, she asked Scout, "Could you help him sit up a bit? It would be silly for us to go through all this and then he chokes."

Since Miranda and Scout were taking care of Giovanni, Vitaly returned his attention to the book he was still holding. Part of him wanted to take it with him, but he wasn't sure if it was a good idea. While he enjoyed reading and was far too happy to see the Professor's intact bookshelves, books on the road were often damaged.

Before he could muse muck longer, Looker joked, "Yes, dodging death by bullet only to choke would be irony at its worst." He continued the thought as he looked over the bookshelves again, "At least, I think that's irony? Maybe not. I don't know much about literary terms." Vitaly noticed that the dragon book the man had was no longer in his hand, and Vi knew that he hadn't seen Looker put it back. "In anycase, it would be a tragedy if anything were to happen now, so... we need to be careful going forward from here. Do you folks know where you're headed? Perhaps if we're all going in the same direction we can watch each other's backs until it's time to part ways?"

"Well, our answer is still the same; we didn't have anywhere specific in mind until we ran into you," Vitaly answered. To Miranda and Giovanni, he offered, "I can help you guys get to places in the city, or just help you leave if that's all you want."
    Giovanni
    Giovanni
    Black Guard
    Black Guard

Post by Giovanni Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:05 pm

Lumiose City||Sycamore's Lab//3rd Floor||Morning||39

"Of course. I'll be right back with something." Scout and Giovanni exchanged a look, unsure of what brought on the girl's strange behavior. What had suddenly happened? Giovanni hadn't really seen Miranda act like this at all... Perhaps she was uncomfortable with all the men around her? It would make sense, seeing as how her last encounter with a group of men went. "We're out of that trail mix you liked but I found these crackers go good with the berry jam we made. It would be good not to upset your stomach too quickly anyway." After getting the items she listed, she asked Scout, "Could you help him sit up a bit? It would be silly for us to go through all this and then he chokes."

Scout nodded and did as she was asked, earning a little bit of a grunt from her trainer. He was better, yes, but pain was still involved. "Yes, dodging death by bullet only to choke would be irony at its worst." Looker paused as he mulled that over, then added, "At least, I think that's irony? Maybe not. I don't know much about literary terms." Giovanni chuckled. Yeah, that was about right. "In any case, it would be a tragedy if anything were to happen now, so... we need to be careful going forward from here. Do you folks know where you're headed? Perhaps if we're all going in the same direction we can watch each other's backs until it's time to part ways?"

"Well, our answer is still the same; we didn't have anywhere specific in mind until we ran into you," Vitaly answered. To Miranda and Giovanni, he offered, "I can help you guys get to places in the city, or just help you leave if that's all you want."

"Staying as a group is a fine idea, and I wholly agree," Giovanni chimed, eating a bit of the snacks Miranda had provided. "As for a destination, we've been more or less wandering as well. But in a city such as this, I can't help but feel there's something worth finding here. With a wonderful guide such as Miss Miranda at our side, as well as Vitaly, I think we could have a lot of success in navigating the city."
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Phoenix Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:31 am

Post 31

"Yes, dodging death by bullet only to choke would be irony at its worst."

Miranda didn't feel right commenting on someone's grasp of the literary but Looker seemed jovial enough about his own uncertainty that it wasn't warranted anyway. "In any case, it would be a tragedy if anything were to happen now, so... we need to be careful going forward from here. Do you folks know where you're headed? Perhaps if we're all going in the same direction we can watch each other's backs until it's time to part ways?" She looked to Giovanni for some kind of reaction so as to not promise something the man would not be willing to provide.

"Well, our answer is still the same; we didn't have anywhere specific in mind until we ran into you. I can help you guys get to places in the city, or just help you leave if that's all you want." Oh? He knew the city? Miranda didn't remember seeing him before but Lumiose was a very large place so it stood to reason that she wouldn't recognize every face within even if she did grow up here. She wouldn't need any help finding her way around here at least, unlike her many spectacular failures on the outside of Lumiose many of which Giovanni still teased her for.

"Staying as a group is a fine idea, and I wholly agree," She was surprised to hear him agree but nonetheless it brought a touch of genuine happiness to her current smile. She didn't want to fail Giovanni by caring for him alone while he was injured. "As for a destination, we've been more or less wandering as well. But in a city such as this, I can't help but feel there's something worth finding here. With a wonderful guide such as Miss Miranda at our side, as well as Vitaly, I think we could have a lot of success in navigating the city."

"Wonderful?" She questioned, her smile falling into a look of puzzlement. "But I thought last week you said I was directionally challenged?" Esmé snickered at her side and his jingling delight had the blush returning to her cheeks and her eyes dropping straight to the floor as she tried to hide it. "I mean...um... thank you?" Bother.
    Looker
    Looker
    Resistance
    Resistance

Post by Looker Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:42 am

{25}

"Well, our answer is still the same; we didn't have anywhere specific in mind until we ran into you. I can help you guys get to places in the city, or just help you leave if that's all you want." It was comforting, to know Vi was still extending that offer. Looker let out a soft, sigh of a breath he didn't realize he'd been holding.

"Staying as a group is a fine idea, and I wholly agree," Even more wonderful! Most likely, anyway. A grown man making the decision to wander into potential danger was fine, but he had a ward of sorts to think of...

But he didn't seem like a stupid man. Surely he wouldn't pick an option that would land Miranda with more than she could handle.

"As for a destination, we've been more or less wandering as well. But in a city such as this, I can't help but feel there's something worth finding here. With a wonderful guide such as Miss Miranda at our side, as well as Vitaly, I think we could have a lot of success in navigating the city."

"Wonderful?" Well, she certainly looked confused. "But I thought last week you said I was directionally challenged?" Her little key pokemon started to giggle and the girl blushed. "I mean...um... thank you?"

Well, that was interesting. He probably teased her about getting easily lost, but if she grew up in this city...

Then this would probably be the one place she wouldn't be lost in.

"I... did come here with a destination in mind, although we only have a vague idea of where it may be." Looker smiled at Vi. "Vi has graciously offered to help me get there, since I don't remember the city and he's been here for quite a while. We're looking for The Looker Bureau; I'm hoping that has the 'something worth finding' you mentioned, though I'm afraid it wouldn't be of much use to any of you in particular..."

But perhaps, despite that, Miranda and Don will be kind enough to help them find the Bureau anyway.
    Maximum
    Maximum
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Maximum Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:35 am

Lumiose City (Professor Sycamore's Laboratory)|Late Morning [25]

Giovanni responded, "Staying as a group is a fine idea, and I wholly agree. As for a destination, we've been more or less wandering as well. But in a city such as this, I can't help but feel there's something worth finding here. With a wonderful guide such as Miss Miranda at our side, as well as Vitaly, I think we could have a lot of success in navigating the city." The compliment was laid on a little too thick for Vitaly's comfort, but then again, most of it was directed towards the young girl.

She was utterly baffled by her guardian's words and questioned, "Wonderful? But I thought last week you said I was directionally challenged?" That sounded like it had a story behind it. Wait, was Giovanni joking about her abilities earlier or was he being serious and this just happened to be one of the places she knew well enough to not get lost? The Klefki near her started laughing, and the jingling keys must have embarrassed her for she turned red and looked down before mumbing, "I mean...um... thank you?"

Looker seemed rather happy about gaining some new people, and he sent a smile towards Vi before saying, "I... did come here with a destination in mind, although we only have a vague idea of where it may be." He further explained, "Vi has graciously offered to help me get there, since I don't remember the city and he's been here for quite a while. We're looking for The Looker Bureau; I'm hoping that has the 'something worth finding' you mentioned, though I'm afraid it wouldn't be of much use to any of you in particular..." Considering how vaguely Looker was putting the request, Vitaly figured he didn't want to talk about the strange amnesia yet.

However, Looker had brought up the bureau on his own, so it was probably safe to mention the landmark they had been working with. He wasn't sure how familiar Miranda was with the entire city yet, but it couldn't hurt to ask. "Did you spend a lot of time here," he inquired of Miranda. "If the name of his spot doesn't ring a bell, we're pretty sure there's a... fish place or something right across from it."

"Something about rolling was in the name," Lidda quietly offered.
    Giovanni
    Giovanni
    Black Guard
    Black Guard

Post by Giovanni Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:47 am

Lumiose City||Sycamore's Lab//3rd Floor||Morning||40

"Wonderful? But I thought last week you said I was directionally challenged?" Miranda's tiny Klefki snickered at the memory; trying to teach the young woman navigational skills had been quite the adventure indeed. In fact, Giovanni had solemnly swore never to attempt it ever again, she had been so disastrous. He didn't blame her for questioning him, but he knew that navigating a city one had lived in and navigating the great outdoors were two completely different beasts. "I mean...um... thank you?"

Before he could assuage the child's timidness, Looker spoke. "I... did come here with a destination in mind, although we only have a vague idea of where it may be." Oh? And where would an amnesiac like himself actually be trying to reach? Giovanni perked a bit, completely intrigued. "Vi has graciously offered to help me get there, since I don't remember the city and he's been here for quite a while. We're looking for The Looker Bureau; I'm hoping that has the 'something worth finding' you mentioned, though I'm afraid it wouldn't be of much use to any of you in particular..."

A Bureau? Giovanni was careful to not allow his facial expression change from interested, but he felt a small knot of anxiety carefully make itself known in his gut. In all likelihood, the place had been decimated or that any hard copy of a dossier on himself had been destroyed or moved. Electronic records were probably gone. But out of the fear of being discovered, a thrill ran through him. Would the Bureau be enough to knock away his Harbinger's powers, or would the latter continue to remain supreme? Besides, Giovanni may have been a notorious criminal, but much of his crimes were centralized in Kanto and Johto. It was true that Looker had been sniffing after his trail for years, but what would that information be good for all the way out here?

Surely, there was little to no trace of Giovanni in that Bureau.

Vi soon spoke again, recalling Giovanni back to the conversation at hand.  "Did you spend a lot of time here?" he inquired of Miranda. "If the name of his spot doesn't ring a bell, we're pretty sure there's a... fish place or something right across from it."

"Something about rolling was in the name," his pokemon added.

Fish Rolling? What an... odd combination of words. "I'm afraid I can't help, but I meant, Miranda, that you would be a wonderful guide here. You know this city well, yes? Being able to navigate outdoor terrain and a city are typically different monsters. I believe in your capabilities." He gave her a warm smile and a small clap on the back before leaning once more against Scout.
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Phoenix Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:10 am

Post 32

"I... did come here with a destination in mind, although we only have a vague idea of where it may be."Miranda's interest was piqued as Looker continued though she still tried to hide her embarrassed blush from earlier. "Vi has graciously offered to help me get there, since I don't remember the city and he's been here for quite a while. We're looking for The Looker Bureau; I'm hoping that has the 'something worth finding' you mentioned, though I'm afraid it wouldn't be of much use to any of you in particular..."

Looker Bureau, that sounded so familiar that threatened to drive her mad. Miranda's face twisted into a puzzled expression as she tried to lock on to the memory, the nagging feeling of it sitting right in the front of her brain yet just out of reach proving excruciating. She knew that name from somewhere. Where...?

"Did you spend a lot of time here?" Miranda was pulled from her conundrum and blinked owlishly at Vitaly from behind her glasses. She wasn't sure she was supposed to answer that question or not considering how these two felt about Lumiose citizens at the moment. "If the name of his spot doesn't ring a bell, we're pretty sure there's a... fish place or something right across from it."

"Something about rolling was in the name."

"I'm afraid I can't help, but I meant, Miranda, that you would be a wonderful guide here. You know this city well, yes? Being able to navigate outdoor terrain and a city are typically different monsters. I believe in your capabilities."

Rolling...fish? Roll...rolling...ROLLER! "OH!" Miranda all but shouted, clapping her hands together and grinning triumphantly. "The sushi place! I do know that street. I always wanted to compete there but Papa said I would have to get stronger to stand any kind of chance even though we could easily afford the entry fee. The trainers that dined there were frighteningly powerful." She looked over to Giovanni and smiled warmly. "I bet you would have loved it there Mr. Don."

But even as proud as she was that she knew something of use to the group her expression fell slightly at one realization. "Oh dear, but that's all the way on the north side of the city and we're by the south exit. Pretty much a straight line from here but we'd have to pass the gym and those....people. I don't know that anyone could get there without taking the long way around."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:24 am