Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

4 posters

The LUMIOSE Team (PLOT)

Looker
    Looker
    Resistance
    Resistance

The LUMIOSE Team (PLOT) - Page 8 Empty Re: The LUMIOSE Team (PLOT)

Post by Looker Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:46 am

The LUMIOSE Team (PLOT) - Page 8 Tumblr_o3rarhQaja1uc5v85o1_400
    Lumiose City - South Boulevard - Early Afternoon
    {45}

Glancing back over at the children after expressing his suggestion for caution to Giovanni, Looker found that Vitaly's face had changed. It was subtle, but a glance at his eyes told the story; he was deeply interested. Excited. Hopeful? Perhaps afraid. Something had set this spark alight and it was definitely the mention of the fire horse, given that they'd talked about nothing else, but what about the fire horse could set that reaction in motion? Looker cursed himself for not paying more attention to the boy while talking to Giovanni. He'd make sure not to make that mistake in the future.

Maybe this would be worth checking out after all? I already know he's here for something.

"... I'll go look," Vitaly offered. Oh yes. Whatever he was here for, that horse was either part of it, or Vitaly believed the horse was part of it. The look on his face... Looker wanted desperately in that moment to help him. "If it's... something bad, it would be better to know about it now rather than later."

To Looker's pleasant surprise, Giovanni nodded. "Reconnaissance on whatever creature that has spooked the locals would be a likely life-saving asset. "Knowing what sort of pokemon it is, and whether or not it's infected, would aid us greatly. I'm not terribly acquainted with many fire pokemon, but I can still offer what knowledge I can."

Oh, what a relief! But he still had no right to risk Giovanni or his daughter... "Excellent points. I'll go with you, Vitaly, while Mr. Don and Miss Miranda wait for us? Maybe in one of the alleys? Staying in the open is not a very good idea."
    Maximum
    Maximum
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Maximum Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:37 pm

The LUMIOSE Team (PLOT) - Page 8 Tumblr_inline_ot2drxido51r82t0h_400
    Lumiose City (South Boulevard)|Early Afternoon [45]

Vitaly was almost surprised when Giovanni encouraged him. "Reconnaissance on whatever creature that has spooked the locals would be a likely life-saving asset. Knowing what sort of pokemon it is, and whether or not it's infected, would aid us greatly. I'm not terribly acquainted with many fire pokemon, but I can still offer what knowledge I can."

He was relieved when Looker agreed."Excellent points. I'll go with you, Vitaly, while Mr. Don and Miss Miranda wait for us? Maybe in one of the alleys? Staying in the open is not a very good idea." However, he hadn't counted on anyone other than Drizzt going with him. If this mystery Pokemon was Siyal... did he want someone intruding? Then again, there wasn't a way to hide something that was bigger than he was, and if this was something else and it turned out hostile, it would be better to have someone who could shoot it.

This musing happened quickly. "If you're sure," was his actual response to Looker's question. "If you don't want to come, I'd say hide either in a building, if possible. There should be something you can use..."
    Giovanni
    Giovanni
    Black Guard
    Black Guard

Post by Giovanni Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:31 pm

The LUMIOSE Team (PLOT) - Page 8 V8EhZTq

Lumiose City||South Boulevard||Early Afternoon||59

"Excellent points," Looker nearly chirped. "I'll go with you, Vitaly, while Mr. Don and Miss Miranda wait for us? Maybe in one of the alleys? Staying in the open is not a very good idea." While Giovanni wasn't terribly fond of the idea of simply waiting for someone to find them, he also knew that Miss LeClair and he would be dead weight in any sort of stealth mission. Not with his shoulder the way that it was. He nodded to Looker's suggestion, then petted the stallion's muzzle as the Pokemon nickered uncomfortably.

"If you're sure," was Vitaly's reply. Giovanni would have loved to see the boy slink through the shadows-- was he as skilled as his movements gave away? Just how did he become so adept? Was he professionally trained, or was this simply something he picked up as a survival skill? There were so many questions he burned to have answered, but alas, it would simply have to wait. "If you don't want to come, I'd say hide either in a building, if possible. There should be something you can use..."

Giovanni held up a hand. "We'll be able to find a safe place, I assure you. You should act quickly, however, since these men will likely be missed soon. Someone might come looking. The sooner we're able to move to a more permanent sanctuary, the better."
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Phoenix Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:22 pm

The LUMIOSE Team (PLOT) - Page 8 W0wehGT
    Lumiose City (South Boulevard) | Early Afternoon
    Post 51

Miranda had stayed silent after dutifully following Looker to her guardian and once in sight of Giovanni immediately took her place at his side. The new horse was impressive to look at and she offered the stallion a small smile but beyond that she allowed the men to talk among themselves as she had already proven her own opinions either didn't matter or couldn't be useful. Likely both. Returning her Pokemon other than Durandal she waited for there to be something she could contribute beyond standing there being a burden to her caretaker.

"I'll go with you, Vitaly, while Mr. Don and Miss Miranda wait for us? Maybe in one of the alleys? Staying in the open is not a very good idea." While Miranda was surprised to hear Mr. Don would be staying with her it didn't take long to figure out why when he subconsciously rotated his injured shoulder. He was a liability in his current state, and it bothered him to know it.

"If you're sure. If you don't want to come, I'd say hide either in a building, if possible. There should be something you can use..." Vitaly's own attempt to assuage Giovanni's wounded pride stung at Miranda's as well. She should be the one comforting her guardian but here all she could do was feel sorry for herself. "We'll be able to find a safe place, I assure you. You should act quickly, however, since these men will likely be missed soon. Someone might come looking. The sooner we're able to move to a more permanent sanctuary, the better."

"Before you go..." Miranda finally chimed in, pulling out a poke ball and cradling it to her. "Maybe I could offer you something that could help? If this creature really is dangerous Madeline might be valuable to you. Her aroma ability lets her calm and enrapture people or pokemon, so she might be able to help you get close to the creature to judge what it is before it hurts you. Please... It's all I can do to help..."
    Looker
    Looker
    Resistance
    Resistance

Post by Looker Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:59 am

{46}

After agreeing that the other two would wait somewhere safe, Looker went on ahead with Vitaly, the wanderer impressed with the boy's ability to slip into the darkness as they made their way to Route 13.

The attempt to stay hidden was dashed immediately after coming out onto the route and ascending the partially-ruined stairs. With a wince, Looker stared at the sprawling land of... what looked something like a desert but wasn't sandy enough. There was a word for what he was looking at but it escaped him at the moment.

What mattered was that it was fairly flat and very wide. Not many places to take cover, neither for them...

Or for what they were looking for. That was definitely a horse in the distance, not that Looker could tell what it was beyond the shape. It looked like there was some sort of fiery mane on the creature, which would match up with Rapidash, but...

Well they'd need to get closer, and Looker found himself wholly reluctant to do so without safe cover.

As if the gods that were had heard his silent lament, the horse began to move-- going behind the only raised area that existed, which looked as if some pokemon had unleashed a particularly unruly Earthquake and had broken the land up. Well, at least with the horse behind the raised rock, they'd have some way of approaching without being seen.

Now he had to hope they also wouldn't be heard.

Exchanging looks with Vitaly, the two crept closer; taking cover behind the raised wall of rock, the two peeked around to look at what had frightened such hardened criminals so much.

Dear lord.

They were tall, very tall, with a mane of purple fire and a skeletal body. They looked like a horse from the apocalypse.

... They were a horse from the apocalypse. He barely repressed a shudder.

Well, with the fire, he could see why they were trying to take advantage of a strong ground type...

He looked over at Vitaly to gauge the boy's reaction; better check on him before deciding whether or not to speak to the horse or leave them alone.

(I apologize; I'm feeling unwell today but didn't want to take an extra day to post. I'm not trying to ignore Giovanni or Miranda; I just want to get the post written and as the team leader I have a lot of movement to write. I may go back and add specific (internal) reactions to Miranda and Giovanni later but right now I just want it done and halfway competent.)
    Maximum
    Maximum
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Maximum Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:31 pm

Lumiose City (South Boulevard)|Early Afternoon [46]

Giovanni assured them of his and Miranda's safety, and urged them to leave quickly. Before they could leave, however, Miranda interrupted, "Before you go..." She cradled a Pokeball and offered, "Maybe I could offer you something that could help? If this creature really is dangerous Madeline might be valuable to you. Her aroma ability lets her calm and enrapture people or pokemon, so she might be able to help you get close to the creature to judge what it is before it hurts you. Please... It's all I can do to help..." Looker deferred to Vitaly, and Drizzt didn't have an opinion either way. Vitaly had to agree that she had a point; if this wasn't Siyal, then he wasn't sure how this Pokemon would react to some strangers suddenly approaching them. Having a way to help calm a nervous Pokemon could hopefully keep them from getting into an unnecessary fight. Since the only thing they knew about this Pokemon was that it was horselike and probably a fire type, he didn't want to take too many risks. He accepted the offer, and Miranda let the little pink bird out of their ball.

As they travelled through the city, Vitaly and Drizzt were in their element as they stuck to the shadows and made sure the people with them were safe and hidden. Unfortunately, they were soon faced with a wide open space as they reached the badlands route. Vitaly had avoided this area for many reasons. Not only was there little cover to hide in, there wasn't much to be found that would be useful. Father Jude had mentioned something about a power plant, but that wasn't nearly tempting enough to brave the barren wasteland. The lack of food and water could kill an unprepared traveller.

Luck was on their side in that they wouldn't have to scour the area for whatever the Mudsdale had told them about. On the horizon, Vitaly could see something that definitely looked like a horse with a fiery mane and tail. However, instead of a bright orange, the flames were a cool shade of purple and the main body of the Pokemon was a really dark color with white... markings. Uncertainty gripped him again. He knew there was something about shiny Pokemon having different colors, but Siyal wasn't a shiny Rapidash.

There weren't many places that offered protection, but the Pokemon soon went behind one of the risings of dirt that didn't look entirely natural. Maybe there had been a Pokemon battle there and that kicked up the rocks? Regardless, they took the opportunity to sneak towards the horse without having to worry about it seeing them and getting agitated immediately.

As they got closer, Vitaly and Drizzt could hear mumbling, probably coming from the horse. The voice was too quiet for them to judge if it was Siyal's, but the sound hid their approach, so they weren't complaining. Then they got close enough to peak around the rock and get a better look at just what this Pokemon was. It was massive. The dark body had white markings that made part of it look more skeletal than it was, but that didn't make it any less scary. Looker glanced towards him, probably to see what he thought. Vitaly was so unsure whether to call Siyal's name and see what happened, or if he should just... prepare for the inevitable disappointment and get Madeline and Drizzt ready.

The horse was pawing at something before snorting in aggravation. Then it finally swore, "Oh, come on! Really!? Nothing? Damn. I should've gone further south..."

They recognized him, and even Vitaly couldn't keep the recognition off his face. Drizzt's tension dropped almost instantly, too. Vitaly called out in a mixture of relief and hope that made his voice a little shakey, "Siyal?"

Immediately, the terrifying horse turned to look in their direction in shock. It was harder to read the ghostly Pokemon's face, but he clearly recognized the boy. "Vitaly? Drizzt?" He took a few steps towards them as Vitaly and Drizzt left their hiding spot to approach the horse.

"It's really you..." Drizzt said in wonder. The normally stoic Pokemon was clearly shaken up by the confirmation of Siyal's identity.

"Wh-what even happened to you? You're not a Rapidash anymore..."

"Guess I evolved. I didn't know Nitemare were a real thing, and I sure wasn't counting on it. Neither were they," Siyal said darkly.

"You-You're alive though... After we found-found Caramon, we didn't... we thought they killed all of you." The words slipped out of Vitaly's mouth when he hugged Siyal's chest. It was a little uncomfortable with the new protrusion there, but he didn't care. He looked up suddenly, "Is-is Father Jude alive? Ness? Raistlin? He sounded so painfully afraid of the answer.

Siyal winced. "Last I knew, yes. But... those assholes decided they didn't like me and... tried to get rid of me. I guess I evolved when I died, and I made the one who shot me pay. But... I think they still have Jude and the others where I can't find them. I've been trying so hard to get to the tower ever since one of them slipped and mentioned hiding 'the priest' there. Ness... Wasn't doing so well when I saw him last. Raistlin was hanging in there, but he's so thin..."

"But there's a good chance they're alive." Drizzt interrupted. It wasn't meant to be rude, and he was clearly excited.

"Yes. But... You know you shouldn't go in there," Siyal warned. "It's dangerous and if you get caught..."

"I can't just leave him," Vitaly countered. "And with you and Pelor, it's not like I'll be alone." A thought occurred to him, he pulled out a Luxury ball and said, "We can do a full reunion with everyone else later, but I know someone really missed you." Siyal looked at him hard but let the comment go for the time being at the sight of the ball.

Vitaly released the Larvesta inside, and when the bug opened his eyes, Pelor was confused at the sight. He knew that Vitaly and company were travelling through Lumiose to hopefully find the building Looker was looking for, but they were now in the middle of nowhere. And there was a huge horse that looked like it had walked straight out of a nightmare.

The horse lowered his head to nudge the fluffy bug with his muzzle, "It's me. Siyal."

That immediately got Pelor to start tearing up, and he leaned into the contact. "S-Siyal? You're... You're different?"

Siyal laughed a little, "That's one way to put it. Guess Nitemare are real, huh?"

"Y-yeah, I guess. Oh... You're alive... The others must be?" His voice was so full of hope that Siyal hated to dash the poor bug's hopes.

"I uh. Think so. I only got away thanks to... this."

Pelor visibly deflated a little. "Oh..."

"We're gonna get him out of there. Now that we know where he is... I think we get him."

"What about that mission with Looker and the others?"

Vitaly looked sheepish as he was suddenly reminded of his commitment, and before he could explain, Siyal asked, "Looker? Who is that? Who else is there?"

"Oh uh... Looker is someone I ran into a few days ago, along with Don and Miranda. Uh. Looker is looking for a building in Lumiose, and the other two had been attacked when they wandered into the city. We were going to find that building and then... I guess they were gonna move on."

"... I see. We'll cross that bridge when we get there," He said with a sigh. "... You wouldn't happen to have any food, would you? I've been trying to find something, and I was an idiot and took this route."

"Yeah, we have little bit... But how about we get somewhere a little less... open." As the high of finding Siyal started to come down, he was more aware of how vulnerable their group was.

"Good point, Vi," he agreed. In a whisper, he asked, "Now. Who has been hiding over there while we talked?" The Nitemare was willing to trample anyone unsavory, and would feel little remorse in doing so.

He felt a bit more sheepish as he suddenly realized he forgot to introduce people, "... Oh, the guy in the brown coat is Looker, and Madeline is the Spritzee. She's one of Miranda's Pokemon. Madeline and Looker, this is Siyal. He belonged to Father Jude, someone I was travelling with before..."

"Those bastards captured him," Siyal finished the sentence with some venom.
    Giovanni
    Giovanni
    Black Guard
    Black Guard

Post by Giovanni Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:54 pm

Lumiose City||South Boulevard||Early Afternoon||60

Watching the two men leave, Giovanni led the way to a darker alley, hoping to simply have his back against brick and possibly even hide their new acquisition. He noticed the dimmed light in Miss LeClair, however, and though he knew why it was there, it still rubbed him the wrong way. She had been so sure, so adamant about helping and not killing the men that were guarding the stallion, and yet...

Well, it was simply a truth of life. She would just have to get used to it.

"So Stallion," Giovanni began in a low, soothing voice. He pulled out another potion and began to massage the misty medicine into the horse's wounded hide. They'd really done a number on him. "Do you have a proper name?"

The horse shook his head. "Not really," he admitted. "Got raised on a breeding farm. Got sold for work. Ended up here somehow. Then everything suddenly sucked."

"Well, that is rather unfortunate," Giovanni mused. "If you'd like, Stallion, I would be more than happy to have you with us. You'd have teammates, you'd have steady meals and protection. And you'd have a name." Giovanni saw the horse's head move in his peripherals and felt his eyes boring into him. He was being judged, Giovanni knew, but the gym leader didn't falter. "If you would be amenable to such an arrangement."

The horse was nervous. Which was completely understandable; he had, after all, just lived through who knew how long of whippings and beatings. To trust a random strange human right after being freed, that was a bit of a jump. "...What would I have to do?"

Giovanni shrugged. "I train my pokemon to a certain standard, Stallion, but not in ways reminiscent of the disgusting abuse you've just been liberated out of." With the massaging done, Giovanni stepped away to give the horse some space. "You'd have utility, as does everyone in this world. You'd be stronger than you are now. And if you do get wounded, I would treat those wounds immediately. You would not be a slave, you'd be an ally."

The stallion seemed a bit confused by that wording, which didn't surprise Giovanni in the least. His mind flashed back to a fiery wreck of a lab, where a tall, beautiful, feline monstrosity stood proud among the flames. How stupid Giovanni had been to think that he could have controlled that monstrosity.

Turning his long head to Miss LeClair, Stallion's ear flicked a bit before gently nudging her. "...Is he telling the truth?" he quietly asked of her. "You guys... wouldn't hurt me... You'd feed me... and... you'd name me...? You'd... want me?"
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Phoenix Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:04 pm

Post 52

Madeline carefully followed the young man she was placed in the care of and his Weavile, unsure what was going on but dedicated to her young mistress nonetheless. She would carry out any task asked of her as long as it took care of her sweet trainer.

The quarry they were tracking made itself known relatively quickly, the strangely marked horse wandered around aimlessly as it muttered to itself, the Spritzee keeping close to the dunes as their little group moved closer. It wasn't until they were close enough to hear its idle ravings that everything suddenly shifted in dynamic. It seemed the boy and his Weavile knew this beast, at least at some point before its evolution, and soon a reunion she couldn't even follow properly began to unfold.

Waiting until she was addressed the Spritzee hovered nearby in case her aromatic therapy was needed to ease any tensions or fears. It didn't take long but when her name finally came up she nearly missed the introduction and bowed her bobbing body politely when she was named. "... Oh, the guy in the brown coat is Looker, and Madeline is the Spritzee. She's one of Miranda's Pokemon. Madeline and Looker, this is Siyal. He belonged to Father Jude, someone I was travelling with before..."

"Those bastards captured him."

"My apologies on your circumstances," she replied politely. "Perhaps my young miss could be of assistance, at least? She is helping your Mr. Looker to find his shop, yes? Perhaps she could help point out places that your...Father Jude...? could be held in. This is a very big city, you will be here a very long time if you are to be looking all by yourselves. And your friend," she nodded to the horse known as Siyal, "he is... not so subtle."

Miranda watched with fascination as Giovanni and the Mudsdale conversed, hugging her arms around herself for comfort as her eyes raked over his injuries and feeling her heart break with each lash. Those people...while she didn't think they needed to die she also didn't want them to have been allowed to continue what they were doing. He was so big and strong but to be brought so low by a group of desperate people...it was heartbreaking.

She was drawn out of her own mind by a gentle nudge to her side, turning to look at the great beast who had tried to gain her attention. "...Is he telling the truth?" he asked warily. "You guys... wouldn't hurt me... You'd feed me... and... you'd name me...? You'd... want me?" Unfolding her arms Miranda smiled and reached out to gently rub the charming stallion's thick neck, nodding in answer to his question. "Oh you sweet thing- Of course we would. Mr. Don is a wonderful caregiver, he took me in when I had no one else in the world to look out for me. He's sometimes harsh, but only because he cares and knows we can be better or when he's trying to protect me. And if you desire a name I'm sure he will pick one that is just perfect for you. He wouldn't ask if he didn't want you to stay."

(I am so sorry but there was just so much text between Max and Sil's posts that I needed to paraphrase or I would have been overwhelmed. If I overlooked anything let me know!)
    Looker
    Looker
    Resistance
    Resistance

Post by Looker Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:46 pm

{47}

The reuinion between the boy and the horse tore Looker's heart apart, the pieces of the puzzle finally coming together as Vitaly asked, voice full of fear, if Father Jude and the others still lived.

There it is. That's his reason for still being here. Of all the things it could have been, the fact that it was a person--likely his family--made the most sense and hurt the most. These people didn't deserve this...

Least of all these kids.

But it wasn't his place to speak up at any point during such a tender moment. Indeed, even though this had finally given him the answer to that nagging question, Looker felt wrong standing there listening to them. This was a private, special moment, and Vitaly was probably a boy who didn't feel comfortable being vulnerable very often. Hearing the suffering in his voice was so... upsetting.

At hearing the stallion's voice drop, though, he did his best to shove aside his feelings about everything and be ready to react to the now.

"... Oh, the guy in the brown coat is Looker, and Madeline is the Spritzee," Vitaly answered him. He must have asked who was hiding behind the rock. "She's one of Miranda's Pokemon. Madeline and Looker, this is Siyal. He belonged to Father Jude, someone I was travelling with before..."

"Those bastards captured him," added Siyal added as if they hadn't just heard what happened. But he may have been assuming they weren't listening.

"My apologies on your circumstances," Madeline replied to the two, so perfectly polite and prettily that Looker couldn't help but smile a bit. "Perhaps my young miss could be of assistance, at least? She is helping your Mr. Looker to find his shop, yes? Perhaps she could help point out places that your...Father Jude...? could be held in. This is a very big city, you will be here a very long time if you are to be looking all by yourselves. And your friend-" she looked to Siyal "-he is... not so subtle."

"No," Looker said with a soft laugh. "He certainly is not. Let's get back to Mr. Don and Miss Miranda before discussing this any further, though; I... don't really like being here in the open like this, and I'd rather not find out what might be out here that could kill a ghost horse."

And with the agreement of everyone else, back they went, Looker mulling over the new information in his head. Good lord, there was much more to consider now, but he knew one thing.

He had to help this child retrieve his guardian.

---

Finding Giovanni and Miranda was not so hard (unfortunately, the giant horse didn't do much for hiding) but thankfully they were unharmed. Deciding to go into the alley first to minimize the chance that they would panic and attack at the sight of Siyal, Looker walked in and waved to the two with a smile.

"Well, we found out what they were so afraid of. It seems the answer would be 'consequences for their actions,' which means we, thankfully, are perfectly safe." He looked at each one of them quickly, just to confirm to himself that all was well, and then his eyes settled on the horse. "How are you doing?" he checked, his voice softening a bit with concern.
    Maximum
    Maximum
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Maximum Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:19 pm

Lumiose City (South Boulevard)|Early Afternoon [47]

"My apologies on your circumstances," The small bird replied with much more politeness than Siyal would have expected from the circumstances. "Perhaps my young miss could be of assistance, at least? She is helping your Mr. Looker to find his shop, yes? Perhaps she could help point out places that your...Father Jude...? could be held in. This is a very big city, you will be here a very long time if you are to be looking all by yourselves. And your friend," she said as she looked towards the Nitemare, "he is... not so subtle."

"No kidding." Siyal laughed a little.

"No," Looker agreed with his own laughter. "He certainly is not. Let's get back to Mr. Don and Miss Miranda before discussing this any further, though; I... don't really like being here in the open like this, and I'd rather not find out what might be out here that could kill a ghost horse."

"Agreed." All the others were in agreement as well, and when they started to leave, Vitaly pulled out Pelor's Luxury ball before the bug shook his head. Vitaly's confusion was apparent when he asked, "You want to walk the whole way?"

"No-no. I... I want to be out with Siyal more. Could you put me on his back?" The Larvesta's request wasn't unreasonable, and since Vitaly nor Drizzt could blame him for wanting to spend time with his long lost friend, Vitaly picked the large bug up and helped settle Pelor on Siyal's back. With that settled, the group started walking back to the relative safety of the city.

--

It didn't take them long to figure out where Miranda and Giovanni went thanks to the Mudsdale's size. Looker went ahead of Vitaly and Siyal to ensure that the others didn't accidentally attack the ghost horse out of fear. They could hear his friendly introduction from around the corner as he said, "Well, we found out what they were so afraid of. It seems the answer would be 'consequences for their actions,' which means we, thankfully, are perfectly safe." Then, he asked, "How are you doing?" Since the question wasn't panicked, that probably meant that no one had been hurt recently at least. To ensure that neither humans or the Mudsdale might be too nervous to be suddenly introduced to a Nightmare, Vitaly and Drizzt were the next to go around the corner.
    Giovanni
    Giovanni
    Black Guard
    Black Guard

Post by Giovanni Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:41 pm

Lumiose City||South Boulevard||Early Afternoon||61

"Oh you sweet thing- Of course we would," the small female readily answered. "Mr. Don is a wonderful caregiver; he took me in when I had no one else in the world to look out for me. He's sometimes harsh, but only because he cares and knows we can be better or when he's trying to protect me. And if you desire a name I'm sure he will pick one that is just perfect for you. He wouldn't ask if he didn't want you to stay."

The Stallion stared at her, unsure of what to think of her glowing recommendation. "Harsh"? How harsh? Harsh like the cowards that had flogged him? His ears twitched a bit, but he was unable to inquire further, as the other humans that had rescued him arrived back on the scene.

"Well, we found out what they were so afraid of. It seems the answer would be 'consequences for their actions,' which means we, thankfully, are perfectly safe." "Consequences"? Did every human around here talk in nothing but vagueness and riddles? The stallion snorted his displeasure a bit, not liking that the fiery demon he had been supposed to kill wasn't rightly mentioned. "How are you doing?"

The softer tone took the stallion by surprise, and he shifted awkwardly as he stared down at the other man. "...Uh, yeah... pretty much." He gave an exaggerated horse nod to the man the girl had called "Mr. Don". "He... patched me up a bit."
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Phoenix Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:28 pm

Post 53

"No kidding." Siyal replied with a light chuckle, bringing a smile to the perfume bird's beak. How lovely it was that her little miss had not gotten tangled up with any ruffians while she was in her poke ball. Don was pleasant enough but he gave the girl far too much free reign when it came to interacting with potentially dangerous humans.

"No," Looker agreed jovially. "He certainly is not. Let's get back to Mr. Don and Miss Miranda before discussing this any further, though; I... don't really like being here in the open like this, and I'd rather not find out what might be out here that could kill a ghost horse."

"Agreed."

With everything laid out for them the group began to travel back into town through the gate and towards Miranda and Giovanni. The stallion seemed to be far less afraid and hostile now, much to Madeline's relief, and once they were close enough the Spritzee broke off from her own group to return to Miranda's side. Letting off a soothing scent being so near her trainer the pink bird smiled and perched herself happily on top of Miranda's hat to wait for the others.

"Well, we found out what they were so afraid of. It seems the answer would be 'consequences for their actions,' which means we, thankfully, are perfectly safe." Looker began, only a small wave greeting the others as they came close enough to talk. He looked over the Mudsdale and calmly looked over the stallion's body for any signs of discomfort or pain, seemingly pleased when he didn't find anything else amiss. "How are you doing?"

Miranda noticed the large horse fidgeting and after looking to Giovanni put her hand back on his neck to stroke at the dusty fur beneath her hand.  "...Uh, yeah... pretty much. He... patched me up a bit." Nodding to Don drew Miranda's hand away from his neck and as his head bobbed the smaller girl finally found her gaze drawn to the fire horse beside Vitaly, her eyes widening in wondrous fascination. In all her travels and training as a ghost trainer she had only heard rumors of a ghost horse with a mane of fire... but to see it...

"I'm sorry to interrupt," she began slowly, backing away from the Mudsdale to get around him. "But...That horse beside you.... Is that what I think it is? I mean, could it really be?"
    Looker
    Looker
    Resistance
    Resistance

Post by Looker Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:56 am

{48}

"...Uh, yeah... pretty much," the stallion said, not really answering the question in a way that made sense, but Looker could tell what he meant by that. "He... patched me up a bit."

Looker gave Giovanni a smile of appreciation. That was good of him.

"I'm sorry to interrupt," Miranda began, moving slowly around the Mudsdale, eyes locked on the fire ghost. "But...That horse beside you.... Is that what I think it is? I mean, could it really be?"

"That depends on what you think he is," he answered. "I don't know more than half of well-documented Pokemon species, and what information I do know isn't mine to tell."

He looked to Siyal and gave him a little nod. "I'll let you decide how much you'd like to share. That was a private conversation, after all. Although..."

The boy's father. This pokemon's trainer...

"My own quest really is small potatoes compared to yours. I'd like to help you with it, if you'll let me."
    Maximum
    Maximum
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Maximum Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:12 pm

Lumiose City (South Boulevard)|Early Afternoon [48]

The larger horse looked surprised at the question that Looker had asked. "...Uh, yeah... pretty much." He nodded towards Giovanni and explained, "He... patched me up a bit." That made Vitaly look over the Mudsdale, and it looked like his wounds had been treated in the time they had been gone. Since he looked a little less nervous, Vitaly waved Siyal over. Pelor was surprised by the sight of the Mudsdale and gave Vitaly a questioning look. Siyal, however, was looking the other humans over.

"I'm sorry to interrupt," Miranda spoke up. She appeared fascinated with the Nitemare, and she tried to get around the Mudsdale. "But...That horse beside you.... Is that what I think it is? I mean, could it really be?"

Looker answered first, "That depends on what you think he is. I don't know more than half of well-documented Pokemon species, and what information I do know isn't mine to tell." He then nodded towards Siyal as he explained, "I'll let you decide how much you'd like to share. That was a private conversation, after all. Although..." The pause made Vitaly focus on Looker again. "My own quest really is small potatoes compared to yours. I'd like to help you with it, if you'll let me."

The sight of someone even younger than Vitaly made Siyal's chest tighten a little. She wasn't much shorter than Jude's ward, and everything down to her color scheme and the fairy bird perched on her head gave a picture of innocence. He hated that she was in this hell city, and he could only hope they could get her out. Looker's offer had thrown all of them, but Siyal decided to answer the girl's questions. "If you're thinking of a Nitemare, you're right. I never thought they were real because when I heard about them, dying as an way to evolve didn't sound like it was possible. But here I am. Post getting shot because someone didn't like my attitude." He hadn't intended to get that bitter towards the end, but his anger wasn't going to fade any time soon.

Pelor's eyes widened in horror. He hadn't heard how Siyal had died earlier, and the memory of finding Caramon's body flashed to the front of his mind. "... Shot?"

The Larvesta's quiet voice did cool Siyal's anger a little, however. "Yeah. I... Sorry." He didn't want his friend to feel guilty over things he couldn't control. "But, uh. Anyway," he said as he attempted to change topics. "As for your offer," he said to Looker, "I'm not sure if that's a good idea. You have someone to look after, and she shouldn't be in the middle of this..." He paused as he looked over the tallest man and the other horse in the alleyway.
    "And honestly, neither should they."

"And you're looking for that building... Trying to find something for your memory isn't that small either..." Vitaly finally said. "I promised to help you out, and... then we'll make sure you all get out safely." Only Looker had made this offer, and he wasn't even going to assume Giovanni or Miranda would want to get involved. He then realized that Giovanni and Miranda had no idea what they were talking about. "The bandits here have Father Jude. He's my..." Father? In a way, yes, but the idea was still strange, and it felt strange to introduce him as such. "Guardian? I guess is a good word for him. Siyal and Pelor were-are some of his Pokemon.

"He's the reason we've stayed here. And now we think we have a lead to find him," Drizzt added. "We're going to get him out." Or die trying
    Giovanni
    Giovanni
    Black Guard
    Black Guard

Post by Giovanni Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:18 pm

Lumiose City||South Boulevard||Early Afternoon||62

"I'm sorry to interrupt," Miss LeClair began, her meek interruption bringing Giovanni's attention toward the dear Detective and the young man, then further behind them to a sight he had never had the pleasure of taking until then. That... What on Earth was that Pokemon...? "But...That horse beside you.... Is that what I think it is? I mean, could it really be?"

Looker answered first, which was just as well; Giovanni was momentarily stunned into silence by the ghostly creature's awing presence. "That depends on what you think he is. I don't know more than half of well-documented Pokemon species, and what information I do know isn't mine to tell." Oh? Why would the Pokemon's species be such a closely guarded secret? "I'll let you decide how much you'd like to share. That was a private conversation, after all. Although... My own quest really is small potatoes compared to yours. I'd like to help you with it, if you'll let me."

Giovanni's brow furrowed ever so slightly as Looker offered to aid in... a quest, of all things. Just how much had they missed while the others were out of the alley? Still, the ethereal stallion stepped forward, earning a slightly unnerved nicker from the stallion beside Giovanni. The poor creature. Just got his bearings back together and then now, he was getting thrown for another loop. "If you're thinking of a Nitemare, you're right. I never thought they were real because when I heard about them, dying as an way to evolve didn't sound like it was possible. But here I am. Post getting shot because someone didn't like my attitude."

Unable to quash his shock and interest, Giovanni's brow rose at the causal mention of evolution by death. He'd heard of a few whispers, even had tried allocating resources into research, but... nothing substantial. Literal mythical pokemon were easier to track down than death evolutions. To see one here, now, to know that it was not only possible, but that they retained their wits... Oh, he had to remind himself that he was not a Rocket Leader here. He couldn't afford to be. How he'd love to give a creature like that to Blaine or Agatha... "... Shot?"

The small fire bug's inquiry seemed to quell a bit of the fire int the Nitemare's soul. "Yeah. I... Sorry. But, uh. Anyway," he said as he attempted to change topics. "As for your offer," he said to Looker, "I'm not sure if that's a good idea. You have someone to look after, and she shouldn't be in the middle of this..." The hose swiveled his attention to Giovanni and Miss LeClair, and the former delighted in the shiver that slinked up his spine. What a magnificent creature... "And honestly, neither should they."

"And you're looking for that building... Trying to find something for your memory isn't that small either..." Vitaly finally said in reply. "I promised to help you out, and... then we'll make sure you all get out safely." It seemed that Vitaly finally realized that not everyone was in on all the details, so he seemed to resign himself before fully explaining the situation. "The bandits here have Father Jude. He's my... Guardian? I guess is a good word for him. Siyal and Pelor were-are some of his Pokemon.

"He's the reason we've stayed here. And now we think we have a lead to find him," Drizzt added. "We're going to get him out."

Ah, that made much more sense; of course Looker would catapult himself to aid in another's rescue mission. While Giovanni himself didn't have a particular want to risk himself and his pokemon for a perfect stranger that very well may already be dead, he knew that refusing to help would split him from the group rather quickly. Miss LeClair would of course object, though whether or not she would actually leave him was... unlikely, even if it made things strained between them. And knowing how tenacious the detective was in his right mind, he doubted the amnesiac would withdraw his offer so easily.

So what was his play here?

The crowd-pleasing option was to play along. Not only that, he would be able to quietly observe the undead horse pokemon, as well as Looker himself. There were risks, of course, but this seemed to be an opportunity he'd never get anywhere else. Still, it was uncouth of him to outright decide without consulting others around him. "I see no reason why we would only help Looker when you're also in need," Giovanni began. "You did help save my life. I would like to repay the favor, but..." Giovanni looked down to Miss LeClair. "What say you, Miss LeClair?"
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Phoenix Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:33 pm

(Please skip for now. I have tried to come up with something but all I can do is a few sentences. Miranda would have agreed with Giovanni whole heartedly and kept watching Siyal because ghosts are fascinating. I can have her react better next round.

Sorry guys >.<)
    Looker
    Looker
    Resistance
    Resistance

Post by Looker Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:31 pm

{49}

"If you're thinking of a Nitemare, you're right," he answered, Looker turning to listen to him talk. Nitemare. That was not a species he'd ever heard of, not that this came as any surprise. Curse his lack of knowledge about most of the species in this world. "I never thought they were real because when I heard about them; dying as an way to evolve didn't sound like it was possible. But here I am. Post getting shot because someone didn't like my attitude."

Evolution by death... what a morbid thought. Frightening and yet somehow hopeful at the same time.

After all, it meant a second chance at life. Speaking as someone who'd nearly drowned, such a thing sounded like a miracle to a dying person.

"... Shot?"

The little voice tugged at Looker's heart and, apparently, not only his. "Yeah. I... Sorry. But, uh. Anyway- as for your offer-"

Looker straightened as the stallion addressed him.

"I'm not sure if that's a good idea. You have someone to look after, and she shouldn't be in the middle of this..." He looked to Giovanni and Miranda. "And honestly, neither should they."

"And you're looking for that building... Trying to find something for your memory isn't that small either..." Vitaly spoke up before Looker could say anything. "I promised to help you out, and... then we'll make sure you all get out safely."

Realizing that not everyone knew, the boy elaborated to the others. "The bandits here have Father Jude. He's my... guardian? I guess is a good word for him. Siyal and Pelor were- are some of his Pokemon.

"He's the reason we've stayed here. And now we think we have a lead to find him. We're going to get him out."

"And you don't have to come along if you don't want," Looker added. "I would never ask you and the young miss to endanger yourselves for something you didn't sign up for. We can part ways here if we must. I just... can't ignore this. I don't think I personally would be able to feel all right with myself, walking away from this..."

"I see no reason why we would only help Looker when you're also in need," Giovanni decided, Looker smiling in deep appreciation. "You did help save my life. I would like to repay the favor, but..." Giovanni looked down to Miss LeClair. "What say you, Miss LeClair?"

All eyes turned to the girl, who agreed quickly. Looker's smile turned to a look of determination.

"All right then. First order of business is figuring out where they have him." He turned to Vitaly and his party. "Any ideas where that might be?"
    Maximum
    Maximum
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Maximum Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:58 am

Lumiose City (South Boulevard)|Early Afternoon [49]

"And you don't have to come along if you don't want," Looker said to Giovanni and Miranda. Siyal nearly snorted in annoyance, feeling like he had been ignored. Before he could comment on that, Looker continued, "I would never ask you and the young miss to endanger yourselves for something you didn't sign up for. We can part ways here if we must. I just... can't ignore this. I don't think I personally would be able to feel all right with myself, walking away from this..." The explanation did at least acknowledge the problem he had, but he waited to see what the others said.

"I see no reason why we would only help Looker when you're also in need," Giovanni finally said after some thought. "You did help save my life. I would like to repay the favor, but..." He stopped as he looked at Miranda and asked, "What say you, Miss LeClair?"

Miranda simply agreed with Giovanni, and Looker blazed onwards. "All right then. First order of business is figuring out where they have him. Any ideas where that might be?"

Needless to say, Vitaly felt like the situation had gone out of control. He hadn't wanted to get any of these people involved, but they were just assuming he'd be okay with it. If this involved a stealth mission, trying to hide four people was a lot harder than just himself. But arguing with them wasn't going to work, from what he could tell.

Drizzt wasn't as paralyzed by social niceties. He snapped, "Wait, what's this-"

He stopped when Siyal's hoof stomped down and startled the Weavile out of his indignant rant. The Nitemare gave Drizzt a reprimending look and said, "I know you're good at sneaking around, but if it was that easy to get in, we wouldn't be in this situation. We need help." If anything, Drizzt respected Siyal enough to stay quiet at that point, and he let Siyal speak. "They're keeping Jude in the tower in the center, if I heard right. I'm not sure where they're keeping Ness or Raistlin, though. I know they were alive when I was, uh, put down, but I don't know beyond that."
    Giovanni
    Giovanni
    Black Guard
    Black Guard

Post by Giovanni Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:02 pm

Lumiose City||South Boulevard||Early Afternoon||63

With everyone seemingly in agreement, it wasn't until Looker began the planning portion of the conversation that Giovanni saw something rather amiss; Vitaly and his Weavile didn't look too pleased. Hmm. Looker was premature in asking their assistance, then. Perhaps some of Looker's knowledge of social cues had been erased as well? Or had he always been that oblivious?

The Nitemare stomped down on the cobblestone, dispersing any dissension that had begun to bubble. This pokemon would stand no nonsense, not that Gioavnni could blame it. "I know you're good at sneaking around, but if it was that easy to get in, we wouldn't be in this situation. We need help. They're keeping Jude in the tower in the center, if I heard right. I'm not sure where they're keeping Ness or Raistlin, though. I know they were alive when I was, uh, put down, but I don't know beyond that."

Giovanni was silent as the Nitemare spoke, soaking in his words. This pokemon was intelligent; had he been prior as a Rapidash or had this intellect only emerged upon death and evolution? It wasn't a question he could answer; that was a question he would have posed to Blaine if possible. He'd likely want to find out himself.

"The tower, hmm?" Giovanni frowned. "I see why you're hesitant. It's incredibly defensible, and any attempt to infiltrate could go sour very quickly. Did you have a plan in mind, or were you just going to wing it and hope for the best?"
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Phoenix Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:18 am

Post 54

Still stunned by the fact there was a real Nitemare beside her Miranda had lost much of the conversation between the gentlemen until she had been addressed directly, simply agreeing with Giovanni that she would like to stay to help the people who had helped her save Mr. Don before returning to her idle studying of the mount before her. He was easily the most fascinating creature she had seen in years, it was such a heartbreaking shame they could only exist by dying previously. And so cruelly...

"Wait, what's this-"

The sudden angry snap startled Miranda and finally drew her attention to the present, quickly gauging the mood of the people around her to try and figure out why the Weavile was so angry."I know you're good at sneaking around, but if it was that easy to get in, we wouldn't be in this situation. We need help." Oh...this was about them wanting to help? Well that was unpleasant. "They're keeping Jude in the tower in the center, if I heard right. I'm not sure where they're keeping Ness or Raistlin, though. I know they were alive when I was, uh, put down, but I don't know beyond that."

Reaching out Miranda took Giovanni's arm and leaned on him a bit as he continued, wondering if they should still be offering their help if the others weren't comfortable with it. But the tower... "There is no way to get there without being seen," she interjected softly. "Prism Tower was built so it had clear lines of sight to the entire city. Depending on where you are in the tower, whether it is the base, the top, or any floor in between, you have a view of any point in the rest of the city if you want it. It also housed its own private generators as it was the city's gym and they didn't want to strain the power grid from the plant in the desert. It's...actually a very clever place for refugees to fortify..." And a terrible place to try and approach without a plan.
    Looker
    Looker
    Resistance
    Resistance

Post by Looker Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:08 pm

{50}

"Wait, what's this-"

Instantly, Looker cursed to himself. He hadn't been watching the Weavile! And given how close he and the boy seemed to be, that was an unbelievable oversight. What a stupid thing for him to do!

The Nitemare brought his hoof down before Drizzt got any further, Siyal giving Drizzt a look that made Looker's heart clench for reasons he couldn't name. "I know you're good at sneaking around," he said, "but if it was that easy to get in, we wouldn't be in this situation. We need help."

The boy quieted, and once sure that he wasn't going to interupt, Siyal looked to the rest of them and answered Looker's question. "They're keeping Jude in the tower in the center, if I heard right. I'm not sure where they're keeping Ness or Raistlin, though. I know they were alive when I was, uh, put down, but I don't know beyond that."

Before throwing himself into this task, Looker made a quick mental note. Pay attention to Drizzt from now on.

Given how quiet and shadow-like the pokemon was, that wasn't always going to be easy. Maybe Drizzt did that on purpose...

No time now. Pay attention later, apologize later, focus on now. He gave Drizzt an apologetic look--he owed him that much--before glancing over to Miranda as she began to relay information.

"There is no way to get there without being seen." Fantastic. "Prism Tower was built so it had clear lines of sight to the entire city. Depending on where you are in the tower, whether it is the base, the top, or any floor in between, you have a view of any point in the rest of the city if you want it. It also housed its own private generators as it was the city's gym and they didn't want to strain the power grid from the plant in the desert. It's...actually a very clever place for refugees to fortify..."

Wait a minute.

"They must not have a whole lot of people in it at the moment," Looker realized, his eyes slowly widening with the realization. "Or at least not stationed where they could see much of the city. If the tower allows people to see a lot of the city from the top and have clear lines to just about anywhere- they would have seen us wreaking havoc earlier. They would have deployed people to where we rescued our friend-" he nodded to the stallion "-a lot sooner, while we were in the desert meeting Siyal. If there's anyone in there, there's not a lot of them keeping watch or whoever is there isn't paying much attention. Vitaly said they'd been here a long time; maybe they've grown cocky...?"

That would make so much sense.

"I want to say it would be wiser to find Ness and Raistlin first anyway, but unfortunately, we don't know where they are. Have you seen them at any point?" He looked to Vitaly and Drizzt.
    Maximum
    Maximum
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Maximum Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:41 am

Lumiose City (South Boulevard)|Early Afternoon [50]

"The tower, hmm? "I see why you're hesitant. It's incredibly defensible, and any attempt to infiltrate could go sour very quickly. Did you have a plan in mind, or were you just going to wing it and hope for the best?" Giovanni could see the issues they were having, and he posed a perfectly reasonable question. It's just they hadn't had much time to even process the information they did have.

Vitaly shook his head as he simply answered, "Haven't really had the time to, yet."

"There is no way to get there without being seen," Miranda suddenly said. "Prism Tower was built so it had clear lines of sight to the entire city. Depending on where you are in the tower, whether it is the base, the top, or any floor in between, you have a view of any point in the rest of the city if you want it. It also housed its own private generators as it was the city's gym and they didn't want to strain the power grid from the plant in the desert. It's...actually a very clever place for refugees to fortify..." Which they had to admit was right. Even if it was maddening for them to deal with, the location was prime real estate for survivors.

"They must not have a whole lot of people in it at the moment," Looker said as his eyes widened. Like earlier, he started to ramble his thoughts aloud. "Or at least not stationed where they could see much of the city. If the tower allows people to see a lot of the city from the top and have clear lines to just about anywhere- they would have seen us wreaking havoc earlier. They would have deployed people to where we rescued our friend-" Here he paused to nod towards the Mudsdale. That caught Siyal's attention. He had been under the impression that the Mudsdale was one of the new people's Pokemon. "-a lot sooner, while we were in the desert meeting Siyal. If there's anyone in there, there's not a lot of them keeping watch or whoever is there isn't paying much attention. Vitaly said they'd been here a long time; maybe they've grown cocky...?" Finally turning to Vitaly and Drizzt, Looker asked, "I want to say it would be wiser to find Ness and Raistlin first anyway, but unfortunately, we don't know where they are. Have you seen them at any point?"

Vitaly grimaced as he shook his head again. "Not really, or we would have tried to get them sooner."

"They wanted us to be guards, so they shoved us to wherever they thought a threat would be," Siyal interrupted. "How many they sent depended on how big they thought the problem was. For a while, it was all three of us in the north gate to block off undead, but over time, that became less of a problem."

Siyal's explanation suddenly made the gears in Vitaly's head turn. He slowly asked, "... Wait, they sent you guys to investigate threats?"

The ghostly horse looked at him curiously. "More or less. They'd send people with us, of course, to make sure we didn't run off, but the idea was that we could either kill it, or be a distraction for their guys to get away."

"Think they'd send you to investigate several dead people and a possibly loose Pokemon?"

Seeing where Vitaly was going with this, Siyal answered with a knowing look, "They just might."
    Giovanni
    Giovanni
    Black Guard
    Black Guard

Post by Giovanni Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:31 pm

Lumiose City||South Boulevard||Early Afternoon||64

"Haven't really had the time to, yet."

"There is no way to get there without being seen," Miranda suddenly interjected. Giovanni casually watched her as once more she came alive with information on her hometown. It was always intriguing to watch as such knowledge pulled her from her otherwise rather reclusive shell. "Prism Tower was built so it had clear lines of sight to the entire city. Depending on where you are in the tower, whether it is the base, the top, or any floor in between, you have a view of any point in the rest of the city if you want it. It also housed its own private generators as it was the city's gym and they didn't want to strain the power grid from the plant in the desert. It's...actually a very clever place for refugees to fortify..." It seemed there was at least a decent chance someone in their ranks was somewhat strategizing their moves, then; even if getting to an elevated tower was basic knowledge. Still. There were assigned patrols and their forces were headquartered in the best place possible. It stood to reason that the person leading these bloodthirsty cutthroats had a reasonable head on their shoulders.

"They must not have a whole lot of people in it at the moment," Looker began to ramble. Was this a symptom of the amnesia or did he always just rattle on whatever came to his mind? How did he keep any work to himself? "Or at least not stationed where they could see much of the city. If the tower allows people to see a lot of the city from the top and have clear lines to just about anywhere- they would have seen us wreaking havoc earlier. They would have deployed people to where we rescued our friend-" He nodded at Stallion, "-a lot sooner, while we were in the desert meeting Siyal. If there's anyone in there, there's not a lot of them keeping watch or whoever is there isn't paying much attention. Vitaly said they'd been here a long time; maybe they've grown cocky...?" It was a decent point. Arrogance was a common fault in large communities such as these. They got brave, confident, and reckless. Surely, if he and Miss LeClair had tried going into their perimeter at the beginning of the outbreak, they would have been gunned down much sooner. "I want to say it would be wiser to find Ness and Raistlin first anyway, but unfortunately, we don't know where they are. Have you seen them at any point?"

Vitaly grimaced as he shook his head again. "Not really, or we would have tried to get them sooner."

"They wanted us to be guards, so they shoved us to wherever they thought a threat would be," Siyal interrupted. "How many they sent depended on how big they thought the problem was. For a while, it was all three of us in the north gate to block off undead, but over time, that became less of a problem."

The Nightmare's words caused a reaction in Vitaly's mind, and the look of a puzzle being placed together didn't elude Giovanni's sharp gaze. "... Wait, they sent you guys to investigate threats?"

"More or less. They'd send people with us, of course, to make sure we didn't run off, but the idea was that we could either kill it, or be a distraction for their guys to get away."

"Think they'd send you to investigate several dead people and a possibly loose Pokemon?"

"They just might," the Nightmare answered.

Eager to see the plan formulating in Vitaly's mind, Giovanni grinned. He had an idea of what he would do in the situation himself, but the young man was resourceful and quick-witted. He wanted to see what he would suggest. "So what would be the ideal plan, then?" he asked, unable to keep the smile out of his voice. "I'm eager to get to somewhere more defensible."
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Phoenix Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:05 pm

Post 55

Miranda felt a little relieved by the logic that there weren't enough people to keep an eye on them and accepted the simple fact that otherwise they would have been spotted by now. She took comfort in that. Not like there was much more around here to be comforted by... Her hometown, her people, they had all fallen apart and started to rebuild themselves into uglier versions of what they were before. For such a city as Lumiose...that was the hardest thing to see.

The others began to discuss what had happened to the poor spirit horse and his friends, and what had caused the entire scenario between him and Mr. Don's new stallion. It was enlightening and terrifying to think that they had been using pokemon as essentially cannon fodder but it did explain quite a bit about their reactions to seeing Pokemon in the city when she and Giovanni first arrived. Anything they didn't have control of was considered a threat, even if they had only been there a matter of minutes.

While Miranda was lost in her own mind it seemed the makings of a plan unfolded around her. As usual her mind only came back to itself when the deep timbre of her guardian rumbled beside her and  drew her attention. It was a habit she had picked up during their travels together that no matter what was going on around her, no matter how lost she got in her memories or her fear, Mr. Don's voice was more important than all of it. He was safe and to stay safe she had to listen. Now was no different.

"I don't see how having them come after us helps," she worried aloud. "Unless you have some kind of ambush in mind?"
    Looker
    Looker
    Resistance
    Resistance

Post by Looker Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:54 pm

{51}

The boy grimaced, Looker feeling his heart sink a little. "Not really, or we would have tried to get them sooner."

"They wanted us to be guards, so they shoved us to wherever they thought a threat would be," the ghost horse added. "How many they sent depended on how big they thought the problem was. For a while, it was all three of us in the north gate to block off undead, but over time, that became less of a problem."

Something shifted in Vitaly's expression. Looker tilted his head as he watched the gears in the boy's head begin to turn.

"... Wait, they sent you guys to investigate threats?" he asked slowly. Ah, he definitely had an idea!

Siyal looked over to him, as curious as Looker was, if not also perhaps a touch confused. "More or less. They'd send people with us, of course, to make sure we didn't run off, but the idea was that we could either kill it, or be a distraction for their guys to get away."

A smile broke out across Looker's face.

"They just might."

"Brilliant idea," Looker beamed. What a clever lad!

"So what would be the ideal plan, then?" Giovanni asked, the same smile evident in his voice. As it should be! Vitaly was a smart kid! "I'm eager to get to somewhere more defensible."

"I don't see how having them come after us helps," Miranda fretted. "Unless you have some kind of ambush in mind?"

"Not an ambush, my dear, but close! A distraction." He put his hand to his chin. Yes, what was the plan indeed, Giovanni? Time to figure out! "There's no way of knowing who or what or how many, exactly, is in that tower; just that they're clearly not paying attention. But the rest of the thugs in this city are going to notice the carnage we left behind eventually, and if we have a small group causing some mayhem elsewhere, then they'll deploy people. It'd probably behoove us to get a little closer to the Tower first, before splitting up, and of course, we also need to decide who's going where."

After a quick discussion on the specifics of the plan, it was decided: Vitaly would come with Looker to the tower, while Siyal, Giovanni, and Miranda would lead the monsters out of their hideaway on a merry little chase across the city, hopefully finding and picking up Jude's missing pokemon on the way.

Unfortunately, after deciding to move closer to the tower, there proved a problem.

Halfway down the street was a giant roadblock. A building had straight up collapsed and a few trees had too, effectively making the street utterly useless. They had no choice but to turn back and try another street.

As if the gods had decided to prove how much they hated them, it was as they turned onto Autumnal Avenue that the group heard the army truck.

Looker, remembering his encounter with the thing earlier, made some quick calculations and decided hiding was the better option. Trying to carry out the diversion idea was a terrible choice when the armored truck was right there; they'd effectively be funneled towards the tower by it, and given that late afternoon was upon them, it was entirely possible that some might be returning to the tower for food. Those were odds Looker didn't like.

Thankfully there was a shop right near them to duck into. Looker drew the blinds quickly as the rest hurried in, and then turned to do a headcount, sighing in relief. They were all here.

"I suppose we'll be here awhile. We have no way of knowing how long that truck will be hanging around the area..."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:49 am