Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT- http://www.epidemicjohto.com/t7003-join-the-battle-for-net-neutrality

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Catalyst. The Banner was made by Lady Silverfishes. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

The LUMIOSE Team (PLOT)

Looker
Resistance
Resistance

Re: The LUMIOSE Team (PLOT)

Post by Looker on Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:46 am

Lumiose City - South Boulevard - Early Afternoon
{45}

Glancing back over at the children after expressing his suggestion for caution to Giovanni, Looker found that Vitaly's face had changed. It was subtle, but a glance at his eyes told the story; he was deeply interested. Excited. Hopeful? Perhaps afraid. Something had set this spark alight and it was definitely the mention of the fire horse, given that they'd talked about nothing else, but what about the fire horse could set that reaction in motion? Looker cursed himself for not paying more attention to the boy while talking to Giovanni. He'd make sure not to make that mistake in the future.

Maybe this would be worth checking out after all? I already know he's here for something.

"... I'll go look," Vitaly offered. Oh yes. Whatever he was here for, that horse was either part of it, or Vitaly believed the horse was part of it. The look on his face... Looker wanted desperately in that moment to help him. "If it's... something bad, it would be better to know about it now rather than later."

To Looker's pleasant surprise, Giovanni nodded. "Reconnaissance on whatever creature that has spooked the locals would be a likely life-saving asset. "Knowing what sort of pokemon it is, and whether or not it's infected, would aid us greatly. I'm not terribly acquainted with many fire pokemon, but I can still offer what knowledge I can."

Oh, what a relief! But he still had no right to risk Giovanni or his daughter... "Excellent points. I'll go with you, Vitaly, while Mr. Don and Miss Miranda wait for us? Maybe in one of the alleys? Staying in the open is not a very good idea."
Maximum
Elite
Elite

Post by Maximum on Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:37 pm

Lumiose City (South Boulevard)|Early Afternoon [45]

Vitaly was almost surprised when Giovanni encouraged him. "Reconnaissance on whatever creature that has spooked the locals would be a likely life-saving asset. Knowing what sort of pokemon it is, and whether or not it's infected, would aid us greatly. I'm not terribly acquainted with many fire pokemon, but I can still offer what knowledge I can."

He was relieved when Looker agreed."Excellent points. I'll go with you, Vitaly, while Mr. Don and Miss Miranda wait for us? Maybe in one of the alleys? Staying in the open is not a very good idea." However, he hadn't counted on anyone other than Drizzt going with him. If this mystery Pokemon was Siyal... did he want someone intruding? Then again, there wasn't a way to hide something that was bigger than he was, and if this was something else and it turned out hostile, it would be better to have someone who could shoot it.

This musing happened quickly. "If you're sure," was his actual response to Looker's question. "If you don't want to come, I'd say hide either in a building, if possible. There should be something you can use..."
Giovanni
Black Guard
Black Guard

Post by Giovanni on Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:31 pm

Lumiose City||South Boulevard||Early Afternoon||59

"Excellent points," Looker nearly chirped. "I'll go with you, Vitaly, while Mr. Don and Miss Miranda wait for us? Maybe in one of the alleys? Staying in the open is not a very good idea." While Giovanni wasn't terribly fond of the idea of simply waiting for someone to find them, he also knew that Miss LeClair and he would be dead weight in any sort of stealth mission. Not with his shoulder the way that it was. He nodded to Looker's suggestion, then petted the stallion's muzzle as the Pokemon nickered uncomfortably.

"If you're sure," was Vitaly's reply. Giovanni would have loved to see the boy slink through the shadows-- was he as skilled as his movements gave away? Just how did he become so adept? Was he professionally trained, or was this simply something he picked up as a survival skill? There were so many questions he burned to have answered, but alas, it would simply have to wait. "If you don't want to come, I'd say hide either in a building, if possible. There should be something you can use..."

Giovanni held up a hand. "We'll be able to find a safe place, I assure you. You should act quickly, however, since these men will likely be missed soon. Someone might come looking. The sooner we're able to move to a more permanent sanctuary, the better."
Phoenix
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Phoenix on Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:22 pm

Lumiose City (South Boulevard) | Early Afternoon
Post 51

Miranda had stayed silent after dutifully following Looker to her guardian and once in sight of Giovanni immediately took her place at his side. The new horse was impressive to look at and she offered the stallion a small smile but beyond that she allowed the men to talk among themselves as she had already proven her own opinions either didn't matter or couldn't be useful. Likely both. Returning her Pokemon other than Durandal she waited for there to be something she could contribute beyond standing there being a burden to her caretaker.

"I'll go with you, Vitaly, while Mr. Don and Miss Miranda wait for us? Maybe in one of the alleys? Staying in the open is not a very good idea." While Miranda was surprised to hear Mr. Don would be staying with her it didn't take long to figure out why when he subconsciously rotated his injured shoulder. He was a liability in his current state, and it bothered him to know it.

"If you're sure. If you don't want to come, I'd say hide either in a building, if possible. There should be something you can use..." Vitaly's own attempt to assuage Giovanni's wounded pride stung at Miranda's as well. She should be the one comforting her guardian but here all she could do was feel sorry for herself. "We'll be able to find a safe place, I assure you. You should act quickly, however, since these men will likely be missed soon. Someone might come looking. The sooner we're able to move to a more permanent sanctuary, the better."

"Before you go..." Miranda finally chimed in, pulling out a poke ball and cradling it to her. "Maybe I could offer you something that could help? If this creature really is dangerous Madeline might be valuable to you. Her aroma ability lets her calm and enrapture people or pokemon, so she might be able to help you get close to the creature to judge what it is before it hurts you. Please... It's all I can do to help..."
Looker
Resistance
Resistance

Post by Looker on Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:59 am

Lumiose City - South Boulevard - Early Afternoon
{46}

After agreeing that the other two would wait somewhere safe, Looker went on ahead with Vitaly, the wanderer impressed with the boy's ability to slip into the darkness as they made their way to Route 13.

The attempt to stay hidden was dashed immediately after coming out onto the route and ascending the partially-ruined stairs. With a wince, Looker stared at the sprawling land of... what looked something like a desert but wasn't sandy enough. There was a word for what he was looking at but it escaped him at the moment.

What mattered was that it was fairly flat and very wide. Not many places to take cover, neither for them...

Or for what they were looking for. That was definitely a horse in the distance, not that Looker could tell what it was beyond the shape. It looked like there was some sort of fiery mane on the creature, which would match up with Rapidash, but...

Well they'd need to get closer, and Looker found himself wholly reluctant to do so without safe cover.

As if the gods that were had heard his silent lament, the horse began to move-- going behind the only raised area that existed, which looked as if some pokemon had unleashed a particularly unruly Earthquake and had broken the land up. Well, at least with the horse behind the raised rock, they'd have some way of approaching without being seen.

Now he had to hope they also wouldn't be heard.

Exchanging looks with Vitaly, the two crept closer; taking cover behind the raised wall of rock, the two peeked around to look at what had frightened such hardened criminals so much.

Dear lord.

They were tall, very tall, with a mane of purple fire and a skeletal body. They looked like a horse from the apocalypse.

... They were a horse from the apocalypse. He barely repressed a shudder.

Well, with the fire, he could see why they were trying to take advantage of a strong ground type...

He looked over at Vitaly to gauge the boy's reaction; better check on him before deciding whether or not to speak to the horse or leave them alone.

(I apologize; I'm feeling unwell today but didn't want to take an extra day to post. I'm not trying to ignore Giovanni or Miranda; I just want to get the post written and as the team leader I have a lot of movement to write. I may go back and add specific (internal) reactions to Miranda and Giovanni later but right now I just want it done and halfway competent.)
Maximum
Elite
Elite

Post by Maximum on Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:31 pm

Lumiose City (South Boulevard)|Early Afternoon [46]

Giovanni assured them of his and Miranda's safety, and urged them to leave quickly. Before they could leave, however, Miranda interrupted, "Before you go..." She cradled a Pokeball and offered, "Maybe I could offer you something that could help? If this creature really is dangerous Madeline might be valuable to you. Her aroma ability lets her calm and enrapture people or pokemon, so she might be able to help you get close to the creature to judge what it is before it hurts you. Please... It's all I can do to help..." Looker deferred to Vitaly, and Drizzt didn't have an opinion either way. Vitaly had to agree that she had a point; if this wasn't Siyal, then he wasn't sure how this Pokemon would react to some strangers suddenly approaching them. Having a way to help calm a nervous Pokemon could hopefully keep them from getting into an unnecessary fight. Since the only thing they knew about this Pokemon was that it was horselike and probably a fire type, he didn't want to take too many risks. He accepted the offer, and Miranda let the little pink bird out of their ball.

As they travelled through the city, Vitaly and Drizzt were in their element as they stuck to the shadows and made sure the people with them were safe and hidden. Unfortunately, they were soon faced with a wide open space as they reached the badlands route. Vitaly had avoided this area for many reasons. Not only was there little cover to hide in, there wasn't much to be found that would be useful. Father Jude had mentioned something about a power plant, but that wasn't nearly tempting enough to brave the barren wasteland. The lack of food and water could kill an unprepared traveller.

Luck was on their side in that they wouldn't have to scour the area for whatever the Mudsdale had told them about. On the horizon, Vitaly could see something that definitely looked like a horse with a fiery mane and tail. However, instead of a bright orange, the flames were a cool shade of purple and the main body of the Pokemon was a really dark color with white... markings. Uncertainty gripped him again. He knew there was something about shiny Pokemon having different colors, but Siyal wasn't a shiny Rapidash.

There weren't many places that offered protection, but the Pokemon soon went behind one of the risings of dirt that didn't look entirely natural. Maybe there had been a Pokemon battle there and that kicked up the rocks? Regardless, they took the opportunity to sneak towards the horse without having to worry about it seeing them and getting agitated immediately.

As they got closer, Vitaly and Drizzt could hear mumbling, probably coming from the horse. The voice was too quiet for them to judge if it was Siyal's, but the sound hid their approach, so they weren't complaining. Then they got close enough to peak around the rock and get a better look at just what this Pokemon was. It was massive. The dark body had white markings that made part of it look more skeletal than it was, but that didn't make it any less scary. Looker glanced towards him, probably to see what he thought. Vitaly was so unsure whether to call Siyal's name and see what happened, or if he should just... prepare for the inevitable disappointment and get Madeline and Drizzt ready.

The horse was pawing at something before snorting in aggravation. Then it finally swore, "Oh, come on! Really!? Nothing? Damn. I should've gone further south..."

They recognized him, and even Vitaly couldn't keep the recognition off his face. Drizzt's tension dropped almost instantly, too. Vitaly called out in a mixture of relief and hope that made his voice a little shakey, "Siyal?"

Immediately, the terrifying horse turned to look in their direction in shock. It was harder to read the ghostly Pokemon's face, but he clearly recognized the boy. "Vitaly? Drizzt?" He took a few steps towards them as Vitaly and Drizzt left their hiding spot to approach the horse.

"It's really you..." Drizzt said in wonder. The normally stoic Pokemon was clearly shaken up by the confirmation of Siyal's identity.

"Wh-what even happened to you? You're not a Rapidash anymore..."

"Guess I evolved. I didn't know Nitemare were a real thing, and I sure wasn't counting on it. Neither were they," Siyal said darkly.

"You-You're alive though... After we found-found Caramon, we didn't... we thought they killed all of you." The words slipped out of Vitaly's mouth when he hugged Siyal's chest. It was a little uncomfortable with the new protrusion there, but he didn't care. He looked up suddenly, "Is-is Father Jude alive? Ness? Raistlin? He sounded so painfully afraid of the answer.

Siyal winced. "Last I knew, yes. But... those assholes decided they didn't like me and... tried to get rid of me. I guess I evolved when I died, and I made the one who shot me pay. But... I think they still have Jude and the others where I can't find them. I've been trying so hard to get to the tower ever since one of them slipped and mentioned hiding 'the priest' there. Ness... Wasn't doing so well when I saw him last. Raistlin was hanging in there, but he's so thin..."

"But there's a good chance they're alive." Drizzt interrupted. It wasn't meant to be rude, and he was clearly excited.

"Yes. But... You know you shouldn't go in there," Siyal warned. "It's dangerous and if you get caught..."

"I can't just leave him," Vitaly countered. "And with you and Pelor, it's not like I'll be alone." A thought occurred to him, he pulled out a Luxury ball and said, "We can do a full reunion with everyone else later, but I know someone really missed you." Siyal looked at him hard but let the comment go for the time being at the sight of the ball.

Vitaly released the Larvesta inside, and when the bug opened his eyes, Pelor was confused at the sight. He knew that Vitaly and company were travelling through Lumiose to hopefully find the building Looker was looking for, but they were now in the middle of nowhere. And there was a huge horse that looked like it had walked straight out of a nightmare.

The horse lowered his head to nudge the fluffy bug with his muzzle, "It's me. Siyal."

That immediately got Pelor to start tearing up, and he leaned into the contact. "S-Siyal? You're... You're different?"

Siyal laughed a little, "That's one way to put it. Guess Nitemare are real, huh?"

"Y-yeah, I guess. Oh... You're alive... The others must be?" His voice was so full of hope that Siyal hated to dash the poor bug's hopes.

"I uh. Think so. I only got away thanks to... this."

Pelor visibly deflated a little. "Oh..."

"We're gonna get him out of there. Now that we know where he is... I think we get him."

"What about that mission with Looker and the others?"

Vitaly looked sheepish as he was suddenly reminded of his commitment, and before he could explain, Siyal asked, "Looker? Who is that? Who else is there?"

"Oh uh... Looker is someone I ran into a few days ago, along with Don and Miranda. Uh. Looker is looking for a building in Lumiose, and the other two had been attacked when they wandered into the city. We were going to find that building and then... I guess they were gonna move on."

"... I see. We'll cross that bridge when we get there," He said with a sigh. "... You wouldn't happen to have any food, would you? I've been trying to find something, and I was an idiot and took this route."

"Yeah, we have little bit... But how about we get somewhere a little less... open." As the high of finding Siyal started to come down, he was more aware of how vulnerable their group was.

"Good point, Vi," he agreed. In a whisper, he asked, "Now. Who has been hiding over there while we talked?" The Nitemare was willing to trample anyone unsavory, and would feel little remorse in doing so.

He felt a bit more sheepish as he suddenly realized he forgot to introduce people, "... Oh, the guy in the brown coat is Looker, and Madeline is the Spritzee. She's one of Miranda's Pokemon. Madeline and Looker, this is Siyal. He belonged to Father Jude, someone I was travelling with before..."

"Those bastards captured him," Siyal finished the sentence with some venom.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:10 pm