Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

3 posters

RP Evaluation Requests

Mewtwo
    Mewtwo
    Administrator
    Administrator

RP Evaluation Requests Empty RP Evaluation Requests

Post by Mewtwo Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:21 pm

RP Ranking Evaluation

This is where those who do not wish to utilize our rank up prompt system can post their requests for evaluation of their RP skill. Please link in this thread your RP thread beginning post count link and remember it must be 10 posts long at least to be considered for evaluation. (This means that the link you post must be the first out of the 10 posts, not the last as previous requests used to be. Going backwards in an RP to find the beginning of where your evaluation is supposed to start takes too much time.)

Evaluation may take a few days depending on the level of critique, either for Ace rank or Elite rank, but you should have your full evaluation PMed to you within a week.

For those who do not wish to make their requests public please feel free to PM me at any time with your request.

NOTE: If you have tried once and not passed an evaluation please link the post count that begins your next attempt for evaluation.

Last edited by Mewtwo on Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total

RP Evaluation Requests 3Br5nS6

RP Evaluation Requests ZGD0iWwAdmin - Profiles, PlotRP Evaluation Requests UugYyDK
    Mewtwo
    Mewtwo
    Administrator
    Administrator

RP Evaluation Requests Empty Re: RP Evaluation Requests

Post by Mewtwo Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:22 pm

Due to an oversight I realized that after making the rules easier to understand I forgot to make the thread where users can post their requests for RP evaluation instead of the prompt replies. Here it is!

RP Evaluation Requests ZGD0iWwAdmin - Profiles, PlotRP Evaluation Requests UugYyDK
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:08 pm

I would like to apply for Elite my good admin.
    Mewtwo
    Mewtwo
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Mewtwo Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:09 am

Please link the RP post I am supposed to begin the review with. It is recommended to pick your strongest RP for the review since you have multiple characters.

ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:12 am

Mewtwo
    Mewtwo
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Mewtwo Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:15 am

The request is supposed to link the RP post I start with reading, which means you have to go back at least 10 posts. You linked the last post which does not help me.

ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:23 am

Mewtwo
    Mewtwo
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Mewtwo Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:27 am

It's ok dearie. I will go through them today and work out an evaluation for you. The evaluation might take me a bit longer than it does for me to read it over so it might take a couple of days for me to get back to you. Don't be discouraged if it does. Smile

Mewtwo
    Mewtwo
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Mewtwo Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:37 am

@ShadowCharizard

Evaluation Result: Not Passed.

Your RP skills have shown marked improvement but you still have some trouble with tense, using past and present interchangeably within a sentence. Normally in third person this can be done but only if the event following or preceding the tense matches. You have several instances I noticed within the RP that you would use the wrong tense.

Your sentence structures also lack the level I would look for in Elite ranking. You more than hold your Ace rank, but for Elite I would expect more descriptive text and longer sentence structures. Your writing tends to be somewhat choppy and concise, leaving very little description except what is given through speech or exposition. An old helpful reminder I learned in school was "Show, don't Tell" to help me remember to be more descriptive.

http://www.writeexpress.com/descriptive-essay.html
    This link may help you understand descriptive writing a bit better, though if you search for 'descriptive writing examples' you will also get some ideas on how to improve this aspect.

Lastly, your profiles. They are incredibly basic and go hand in hand with the subject I mentioned on descriptive writing. I want to feel like I know your characters before they enter the RP, that is what profiles are for. Of course we all want to develop them further while in the actual team but starting out with a near blank slate can make for very dull intros and hinders more than helps a character's growth. You want to have an idea in mind when entering a team so that you can develop them along that path, and if you do have that idea you should reflect it in the personality and history of your characters. It not only benefits your team to know who and what they will be RPing with, but it will help you remember the direction you wanted your character to take if for some reason down the road you begin to question whether or not something is what your character would actually do.

Just a few things to keep in mind as you continue to develop. You are a good writer Shadow, just not quite there yet for Elite level. I encourage you to keep working as hard as you have been and keep improving. You will get there.

Last edited by Mewtwo on Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:15 pm

Alrighty Mewtwo thank you I'll continue to improve with the advise you have given.
    Requiem
    Requiem
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Requiem Tue May 31, 2016 6:00 pm

Hikrio has made his 10th post, would love a review for ace please and thank you.
    Mewtwo
    Mewtwo
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Mewtwo Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:19 pm

Sorry for the wait Req. I am still writing your evaluation but I will have it to you tomorrow.

ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:12 am

I'd like to have an evaluation for Elite rank. https://www.epidemicjohto.com/t5819p175-ace-the-frost-team#99024
    Mewtwo
    Mewtwo
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Mewtwo Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:31 am

Unfortunately it is not a pass for rank up this time Shadow.

Your writing has improved greatly and I am very impressed, however you are still struggling with a few other RP elements that would be necessary to rank up to Elite. The only note I have as far as your literary skills is that when reading I have to double take because I noticed you don't really separate your thoughts from your normal speech. Most use the single quotes and italicize to help tell the difference. I would recommend incorporating one or both of those traits into your posts to make it easier to see which ones are actually said and which ones are not.

You are high quality at Ace, please do not get me wrong, but there are a few skills I would like to see you build upon now that your writing is not a critical feature.

Your team skills need a little work. In the team you linked, Frost, I noticed you have great ability to RP with your own dual but you have trouble doing anything more than reacting to other members of the team if they say or do anything. You occasionally respond verbally to something but more often than not your reactions are all internal and there is nothing for your team to build off of because from their character's perspective they were ignored. The ability to RP as a team is your next step.

Second is your profile skills. I'm not concerned that you use the basic format since for some people and their computers the coding gets goofy, but the content is where you need to build. Your characters are all very basic and to be honest a lot of them are incredibly similar. You write personality sections that are one or two lines when the personality and the history should play off of each other. The more basic those two sections the less there is for your teammates to understand who is joining the RP. These sections are also a good way to help yourself remember what route this particular character is supposed to take so you don't end up straying in RP, growth in the plot line is expected and even encouraged but starting with blank slates tends to make the character develop randomly and often they end up contradicting themselves multiple times.

You're improving Shadow so please don't stop trying but keep in mind these notes and I'll see you again in ten rounds. Or later if you feel you need more time to work on these points.

ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:20 pm

Okay its almost been a year since I tried this so I'm feeling more confident so I would like to apply once more for Elite.

https://www.epidemicjohto.com/t5819p250-ace-the-frost-team#101883

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:20 pm